PDA

View Full Version : Saves the day

Angry Balled Fists!
10-22-2005, 04:00 PM
Ok, so tonight i got Through being cool and i haven't been so excited about a band in ages, why didn't i check 'em out earlier !?

I love their poppy sound but they have very aggressive guitar parts and it sounds amazing, some songs are really emotional too, and they are awesome.

So, i'm gonna buy all their albums around xmas time now !

Them and TSL have ressurected my love for pop-punk.

What are their other albums like ?

Discuss Saves the day.

Firecracker
10-22-2005, 04:02 PM
'At Your Funeral' was an ace song when i liked them back in the day.

Gnarmageddon
10-22-2005, 04:02 PM
I have In Reverie. It's alright. I've heard a few of their other songs from my friends, and I like them a lot better than the stuff that's on IR.

DepthsOfDreams555
10-22-2005, 04:09 PM
At Your Funeral is a masterpiece, it was the first song I heard by Saves the Day and since then I have loved them. I just recently got the full album of Stay What You Are and today got Through Being Cool and they are one amazing band.

Crunchwrap Supreme!
10-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Through Being Cool is their best album. It's one of my favorite albums of all time. I'd say go for Stay What You Are next.

Hands down, one of the best pop punk bands ever.

cobert
10-22-2005, 04:14 PM
Through being cool is amazing. I havent got anything else by them, because i heard in Reverie was lame and i cant find stay what you are anywhere.

DepthsOfDreams555
10-22-2005, 04:14 PM
I have it.....

Crunchwrap Supreme!
10-22-2005, 04:15 PM
Can't Slow Down is good too but it's alot different from Through Being Cool.

albert_bass
10-22-2005, 04:18 PM
I couldn't stand them some years ago, maybe now it's time to try and get into them.

Rootsradical
10-22-2005, 04:33 PM
I don't really like them but I used to get that song freakish get stuck in my head a lot.

Neoteric
10-22-2005, 04:34 PM
I remember them. That cheesey song called "At Your Funeral" and "Firefly) or something like that.

Crunchwrap Supreme!
10-22-2005, 04:44 PM
"At Your Funeral" is pretty cliche but still pretty catchy.

Puma
10-22-2005, 05:27 PM
Stay What You Are is a very good album. I like it even more then Through Being Cool, but they're both great.

Pazz
10-22-2005, 06:52 PM
Cobert was telling me to download them last night. I downloaded Through Being Cool and In Reverie. I have listened to both CDs each once, and I think I'm going to give them another listen now. I like their sound though.

Sound Boy
10-22-2005, 07:46 PM
Through Being Cool is their best album. It's one of my favorite albums of all time. I'd say go for Stay What You Are next.

Hands down, one of the best pop punk bands ever.

In Reverie sucked in my opinion it let me down alot..hopefully it was just a fluke. if they come out with a new album i'll buy it but i wont have high hopes

Mute Print
10-22-2005, 10:35 PM
I have a number of albums by them, and I enjoy all of them for the most part. Stay What You Are and Through Being Cool are my favorites.

Awesome band.

Fabz
10-22-2005, 11:15 PM
I'm seing them next friday

TakeWarning
10-23-2005, 12:07 AM
I fucking love them. One of my favourite bands. I have Through Being Cool and I also have Stay What You Are. Everyone should look out for my FA on them, December 23rd.

I couldn't stand them some years ago, maybe now it's time to try and get into them.

I checked them out twice and I didn't like them, and on the third time I checked them out I liked them, and now I love them.

flfbassist
10-23-2005, 03:16 AM
Saves The Day pretty much changed every album, but they can cause its pretty much expected of them. They change so well that it always feels like Saves The Day. It doesnt matter if your listening to Through Being Cool or In Reverie. You know its Saves The Day. It sucks that Chris and Dave are the only original band members. I was sad when Eben left. Him and Mark Hoppus are the reasons why i play bass. Curious to see how their new bassist compairs on their tour with Senses Fail and The Early November. Saves The Day is one of those bands that comes along every once in a while that just really sticks out. This is my opinion but a lot might agree with me, that Saves The Day is one of those bands that is just all around fantastic. A band you can listen to for hours and days and weeks, and just never get tired of it. One of those bands that wether you like punk, or just rock and roll period, you will like them. I can see Saves The Day being around for a long long time. They got signed around when they were freshmen in highschool, so they gotta be good right?

Tjebby
10-23-2005, 03:52 PM
I can't wait for them to come. Only like twenty more days.

Sound Boy
10-23-2005, 04:30 PM
just one more thing i'd like to note about them...they have the best lyrics out of any poppunk band. and the vocals are so damn unique.

Bad Blood
10-23-2005, 04:32 PM
I haven't listened to these in a while.

I like them though.

Glitterati
10-23-2005, 05:32 PM
I like these guys quite a bit, probably my favorite current pop-punk band, along with the Descendents.

'At Your Funeral' was an ace song when i liked them back in the day.

I like that song. It starts out slow, and the vocals used to annoy me, but then it gets faster and more emotional, I love it.

Untitled
10-23-2005, 05:59 PM
I few a few songs some loser sent me before, i dunno who though...

Anyway, there allreet.

cobert
10-23-2005, 06:45 PM
just one more thing i'd like to note about them...they have the best lyrics out of any poppunk band. and the vocals are so damn unique.

I, too, love the lyrics.

Everything seemed a little easier
when we werent one hundred miles apart
The person across from me sitting on a train seat
reminded me of you
And i looked out past her cheeks
through the glass light conduit
But the sun had sunk already, disappeared into New Jersey
Oh Why dont they have phones on these things?

And the bass is cool.

Pazz
10-23-2005, 07:11 PM
I, too, love the lyrics.

reminded me of you

And the bass is cool.

I thank you for suggesting them to me. I really like their music.

Mr.Shankly
10-23-2005, 07:14 PM
I am a huge fan. I love the overly-grotesque lyrics.

cobert
10-23-2005, 07:29 PM
I thank you for suggesting them to me. I really like their music.

You're welcome.

mostlydeadonarrival
10-24-2005, 09:08 PM
Dan I love you. After many other threads about these guys you made one more thread about them and convinced me to listen to them. I now love At Your Funeral. Most of there plays on Purevolume today were me.

DepthsOfDreams555
10-24-2005, 09:56 PM
At Your Funeral is amazing it always seems to grab people, its so catchy.

Bad Blood
10-25-2005, 04:36 AM
I can't get Jessie and my Whetstone out of my head.

I love that song.

Angry Balled Fists!
10-25-2005, 04:38 AM
I few a few songs some loser sent me before, i dunno who though...

Anyway, there allreet.

Hahahhahaha.

:-*

Sound Boy
10-25-2005, 04:58 AM
At Your Funeral is amazing it always seems to grab people, its so catchy.

yeah that and "freakish"

"holly Hox, forget me nots" got me into them and its still my favorite STD(heh) song

DepthsOfDreams555
10-25-2005, 06:53 AM
I never noticed Saves the Day's initials were STD haha.

TakeWarning
10-25-2005, 07:30 AM
So what's everyones favourite song by them? I'll go with You Vandal or At Your Funeral.

Angry Balled Fists!
10-25-2005, 07:30 AM
Track 2 and 3 on TBC.

albert_bass
10-25-2005, 10:51 AM
I checked them out twice and I didn't like them, and on the third time I checked them out I liked them, and now I love them.

Yeah, good to know.

cobert
10-25-2005, 04:50 PM
My favorite songs?

Third engine, vast spoils of america, and banned from the back porch.

Glitter&Trauma
10-25-2005, 05:00 PM
I want to see them live :(

NewKindofArmy03
10-26-2005, 05:36 PM
Through Being Cool is my favorite pop-punk album. Can't Slow Down is their
2nd best.

I was mad because the show here sold out before I got a ticket, but they're playing another one in December.

cbmartinez
10-26-2005, 05:42 PM
What venue?

Sound Boy
10-27-2005, 06:16 AM
So what's everyones favourite song by them? I'll go with You Vandal or At Your Funeral.

"Holly Hox, Forget me nots" is just awesome as i said before

other then that:
-Sell my old clothes im off to heaven
-nightingale
-jukebox breakdown
-Ups and Downs
-Anywhere with you
-All im losing is me
-Firefly
-Third Engine
-Freakish

GET THESE SONGS AND YOU'LL LOVE SAVES THE DAY:thumb:...if not, shoot me.

HomeCatMickey8
10-27-2005, 11:38 AM
Freakish pulled me in, and I'm still trapped.

I can burn you a few of their albums, Spencer...

Puma
10-27-2005, 11:46 AM
My favorite is This Is Not An Exit. First song I heard by them and I think it'll always be my favorite.

MysweetFracture
10-27-2005, 06:14 PM
Look at my screen name!

My favorite song is my sweet fracture- Saves the day is my favorite band of all time.

Right now, im concentrating on learning how to play all their songs on guitar. Its difficult because most of the tabs blow. Any guitar players into saves the day that like to tab things out? Im working on shoulder to the wheel (great song!)

Ebens bass lines are amazing, and he plays fingerstyle.

NewKindofArmy03
10-27-2005, 06:21 PM
What venue?
the TLA in Philly.

chips88
10-27-2005, 10:09 PM
I, too, love the lyrics.

reminded me of you

And the bass is cool.

word.

favorite poppunk band of all time right here

comptonasseddy
10-28-2005, 03:14 PM
Saves the day absolutely rule. Ive bought all their albums and even have the acoustic ep in original. You cant choose if you like this band by 1 album, every single 1 is different:

Cant Slow Down has a kind of heavy punk sound to it, i love this even tho i grew out of punk long ago.

Through Being Cool is the pop-punkish album, absolutely amazing album.

Stay What you are is a masterpiece, kinda has a post-punk feel to it

In Reverie to me is their best album, although not many people like it, i love it and im happy they changed their sound. It has an indie rock feel to it

And Ups and Downs: Early Recordings and B-Sides, only for the hardcore fans of saves the days, this album basicially covers their whole career, and the Jessie and my Whetstone live version just blew me away.

And word is from the saves the day camp is that their new album is on the way. Who knows what kind of album it will be? We shall see...

Sound Boy
10-28-2005, 03:35 PM
Ups and Downs is good but ihad all the songs...well all the good songs on it already from the acoustic ep and compilations

Angry Balled Fists!
10-28-2005, 03:36 PM
What the hell happened to his voice !?

Ganon just sent me an in-reverie song and blergh !

Ganondorf
10-28-2005, 03:43 PM
Yeah, all in all Saves the Day rocks tonic juice magic tho!

comptonasseddy
10-28-2005, 04:29 PM

I love it, it takes a while to get used to. Dont judge it by through being cool standards, judge as if it was a new band. "Morning in the Moonlight" is a good song off that album.

chumpradio
10-28-2005, 04:57 PM
I have Stay What You Are and Through Being Cool.
As soon as I heard At Your Funeral, I fell in love with them, like a lot of people in this thread.

cobert
10-28-2005, 05:17 PM
word.

favorite poppunk band of all time right here

*werd.

I got hooked on them under recomendation of chris. Most of the bands i get into are because i just buy a random CD, and every so often it turns out to be great (like full collapse).

Ganondorf
10-29-2005, 04:39 AM
I'm actually liking In Reverie now :)

TheBassicBassist
10-30-2005, 10:49 AM
I love Saves The Day, their music is amazing, and the fact that their lyrics are more like stories than poetic, I love it, they hardly ever rhyme

my brother might be going to a concert of theirs in november, I want to go, but I don't know how it will play out

NewKindofArmy03
10-30-2005, 10:52 AM

People who have seen them on their tour said the new song was fast and sounded more like their older stuff. I can't wait for it.

comptonasseddy
10-30-2005, 02:06 PM
People who have seen them on their tour said the new song was fast and sounded more like their older stuff. I can't wait for it.
Whey! on their website a few weeks there was a sampler of 1 of their new songs and it sounded like their old stuff.

Sound Boy
10-30-2005, 02:25 PM
what would this new song be called?

TakeWarning
10-31-2005, 03:56 AM
Which section of their website was it on? I did a very brief seacrh but couldn't find anything about a new song.

comptonasseddy
10-31-2005, 08:38 AM
they was a thing called "trapped in the bathroom" taking the piss out of r kellys song/story thing and there was a song by them in the background.

PostHardcore6859
10-31-2005, 11:59 PM
Saves The Day is absolutely genius. The lyrics are completely amazing. Even if you hate the music you should just look up the lyrics to read.

Also I would recommend getting a CD pre-In Reverie to get used to the voice. If you pick up In Reverie as your first Saves The day album then it will take some getting used too at first.(To the same extent as Coheed And Cambria takes some getting used to.)It's easier to just ease in with a prior album since In Reverie shows the most "whiny-ness" in his voice.

Highly recommended though.

Favorite Songs:
In My Waking Life
See You
As Your Ghost Takes Flight

Sound Boy
11-01-2005, 05:32 AM
when i met them at a show they seemed to be heavily on LSD
and that wouldnt suprise me with amazing lyrics like these:

When do I get to wake up to you?
Tonight I can't forget that I've got these open wounds
It's such a drag
I can't forget you've gone
My ribs have parted ways
They said, We're not going to protect this heart you have.
Woah hey, what can I do?
My lungs are breathing open air
And my spleen is dripping from my pants

TakeWarning
11-01-2005, 05:46 AM
when i met them at a show they seemed to be heavily on LSD
and that wouldnt suprise me with amazing lyrics like these:

You don't have to be on drugs to write good lyrics.

PostHardcore6859
11-01-2005, 09:41 PM
You don't have to be on drugs to write good lyrics.

Heh, you would be suprised with some people...