PDA

View Full Version : Boss Recording

Matthew3Man
10-21-2005, 04:23 PM
Well I just got my GT-8 yesterday and it is awesome! But my question is how do I record onto a hard disk? Is it the same as a hard drive? I saw on bossgtcentral.com that you can record directly onto a hard disk using the digital out. Does anyone have an idea on how to do this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

AHB900
10-21-2005, 04:25 PM
i dont know if im correct if im not correct me but im guessing the digital out you go directly into your microphone port on your computer? thats most likely how its going to be then you record on to your computer. Not sure if thats right but thats the best i can do. GOOD LUCK

Matthew3Man
10-21-2005, 04:28 PM
i dont know if im correct if im not correct me but im guessing the digital out you go directly into your microphone port on your computer? thats most likely how its going to be then you record on to your computer. Not sure if thats right but thats the best i can do. GOOD LUCK

Thats kinda what I was thinking. Do you know what cable fits the mic port?

Anakin Skywalker
10-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Get a regular instrument cable, and a 1/4 to 1/8th adapter.

Jangster
10-21-2005, 04:47 PM
If it's a digital out, it won't go into the mic or line-in port. You'll need to have a digital input on your soundcard, and I think it uses a coaxial SPDIF cable which looks like this: http://www.powersystemsdirect.com/images/images_big/THX_I100_DCX-4.jpg
If your soundcard doesn't have a digital input, you can record normally by plugging the left (mono) output on the gt8 into the line-in port on the soundcard. You'll probably need an 1/4"->1/8" converter for this...

Matthew3Man
10-21-2005, 04:47 PM
Get a regular instrument cable, and a 1/4 to 1/8th adapter.

Great thanks. I was looking around and it looks like I can just go straight into an external sound card as well....Anyone have experience with that?

Matthew3Man
10-21-2005, 04:48 PM
If it's a digital out, it won't go into the mic or line-in port. You'll need to have a digital input on your soundcard, and I think it uses a coaxial SPDIF cable which looks like this: http://www.powersystemsdirect.com/images/images_big/THX_I100_DCX-4.jpg
If your soundcard doesn't have a digital input, you can record normally by plugging the left (mono) output on the gt8 into the line-in port on the soundcard. You'll probably need an 1/4"->1/8" converter for this...

Perfect. Thanks.

moaner
10-21-2005, 05:08 PM
line outs to PC line in.