PDA

View Full Version : Dan Electro Free Speech Talk Box

nonamemadox
10-19-2005, 08:06 PM
Ive been looking for a cheap talk box for sometime, and the Free Speech caught my eye because it dosn't need a seperate PA. But while I was looking at the replacement tube, i noticed that there was the normal clear tube, along w/ 2 small microshones connected to a headphone size jack. Dose this plug right into the pedal? Also, if any one has any reasons why I shouldn't buy this thing please let me know. I dont wanna pay 100 bucks for a total piece of crap.

nonamemadox
10-21-2005, 07:14 PM
anybody?

CantBuyAThrill
10-21-2005, 07:39 PM
I own one. Yes, that tube with the mics goes right into the pedal. It's a fun pedal. I would probably suggest a Heil Talkbox, or not getting one at all, but this one is good for value and fooling around with. They're really not that versatile at all, and you'd only use it for one section of one song at the most for a gig or in the studio, otherwise it'd just be overkill. It's still fun to screw around with on your own, and you can do some fun stuff. If you're low on bucks and can't afford a Heil with all the seperate stuff, like simplicity of this Talk box, and think you'd use it enough to justify blowing 100 bucks, then this would be the way to go.

It still needs to be miced up to be used at a gig, seeing as how it can be feedbacky as hell at higher volumes, but at a practice it should be loud enough, assuming you have a loud enough amp and you position the amp probably in relation to the talbox/mics.

nonamemadox
10-21-2005, 07:44 PM
cool, thanks

do you needthe mics to make talk through the thing Peter Frampton style?
i read a review on amazon that said the dude didn't hook up the mics and just used the tube. but maby i read it wrong...

Blue Moon
10-21-2005, 09:08 PM
i own one also and what he said is pretty much it in a nutshell, heres a diagram i made of how it works...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/-=Slash=-/danotalkbox2.jpg

Daniel K
10-21-2005, 09:13 PM
Lawlz

Alan, your pictures always me me lawl

Blue Moon
10-21-2005, 09:40 PM
thats cause i rock :cool:

naw mean mang?
10-21-2005, 10:10 PM
yea danelectros are not versatile at all
i had their black licorice one and it has no eq whatsoever