PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a Boss OD-20?

Abu-Abu
10-18-2005, 11:06 PM
Anyone got a Boss OD-20 and want to share some of their favorite settings or has found some on the internet? I saw that MT2 settings list from a while back with a bunch of different band settings and styles but with the OD-20 I can't use those on the mt-2 setting because this pedal has different knobs to accomodate all of the different pedals.

Thanks, Abu.

Abu-Abu
10-19-2005, 07:23 PM
Bump?

jake plays guitar
10-19-2005, 07:33 PM
dont boss pedals come with a little book to tell you some good settings? all of my boss pedals did

punk_chunks
10-19-2005, 07:45 PM
I used to have one but didn't really like it...I only used the MT-2 setting, with the drive just before the turbo part...I forget where I had the bass/treb though, sorry...not much help.

Abu-Abu
10-19-2005, 08:29 PM
I dont have the booklet but they have them on the site, thanks. Besides that I was looking for some good settings for different bands people have found.

stratocasterblues
10-20-2005, 09:11 AM
I've got one and I love it. I'll post some settings later

Abu-Abu
10-20-2005, 08:21 PM
I've got one and I love it. I'll post some settings later
That would be very nice, also different genres would be nice, in the booklet they just have lots of gain metal, which I like but also overdrive tones and such.

Insaneogram
10-20-2005, 08:23 PM
I almost bought one at one stage but it wasn't versatile enough.

Screaming Solo
10-20-2005, 08:24 PM
i just recently started using mine again

i loved it with my SS amp than after i got my new tube amp i hated it....and now i found alot of the tones i've been looking for that i couldnt EQ in my amp

i have a great classic rock setting with just my marshall and now i can get a nice metal tone as well as a decent steve vai type distortion i like it alot again :thumb:

Abu-Abu
10-20-2005, 08:25 PM
i just recently started using mine again

i loved it with my SS amp than after i got my new tube amp i hated it....and now i found alot of the tones i've been looking for that i couldnt EQ in my amp

i have a great classic rock setting with just my marshall and now i can get a nice metal tone as well as a decent steve vai type distortion i like it alot again :thumb:
Wanna post it??

Screaming Solo
10-20-2005, 08:46 PM
well for metal i use

OD= MT-2
gain just before turbo
bottom 3:00
tone all the way up
level 10:00 (louder= better if you're using tubes)
attack shape all the way up
heavy octave off

i basically use those same settings but with the OD= loud for a nice smooth Distortion almost sounding like vai's its as close as i could get but it has a little too much treble

i believe on my amp my eq is 8/4/6 Teb/mid/bass

im using a marshall DSL 401 with an Ibanez RG 1570

:thumb: there ya go

Kirk's Puppet
10-21-2005, 04:19 AM
Those settings you said can be found in the Soundfinder thread (pg.2 I think).

But yeah, the OD20 is different. How do you like it?

Abu-Abu
10-21-2005, 07:18 PM
Those settings you said can be found in the Soundfinder thread (pg.2 I think).

But yeah, the OD20 is different. How do you like it?
Yeah, thats where I got it awhile ago and still have it on my computer, just it's different. I like my OD-20 alot but haven't used it in a while and lost all my favorite settings and I am too lazy to find them again, unless I have to.:thumb: