Neoteric
10-18-2005, 06:39 AM
I would not know.

Walrus Gumboot
10-18-2005, 07:55 AM
I thought it was just a DVD

F33DBACK
10-18-2005, 08:02 AM
I just can't believe there's no Neil Young fans here !!??

BasShorty
10-18-2005, 08:46 AM
i'm a neil young fan.

DuncMaster
10-18-2005, 08:49 AM
It would help if you said who the artist was and why you think it's the greatest album ya kno?

Silentia
10-18-2005, 10:37 AM
I love Neil Young, but I don't know all his work, get it? It's one his albums, a DVD? Tell me!

F33DBACK
10-18-2005, 11:18 AM
If you don't know the album Rust Never Sleeps. Big chances you aren't a Neil Young fan. Yet, you don't even know who it is..

But sure I'll explain why I think it's the greatest album. I like the variety of music style. And I like how the album starts acoustic and finishes electric distorted guitar.

Thrasher is one of the tracks on the album. My favorite Neil Young song..And probably one of my favorite song period.

LF96
10-18-2005, 12:11 PM
I bought it on casette a few weeks ago. It's not THAT good, but it is an interesting album.

I like the version of Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black) better on Weld than on this album.

Ephemeral
10-18-2005, 12:12 PM
Yes. I love his stuff with Crazy Horse. I'm addicted to Neil Young.

MBS
10-18-2005, 04:31 PM
Personally, some of the stuff that Neil did before Rust Never Sleeps was way better. On the Beach, After the Goldrush, and Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere comes to mind.

It's a really good album, but I wouldn't consider it one of the greatest albums ever, you know?

Magicaltroll
10-18-2005, 04:47 PM
ya kno?
I know :cool:

Silentia
10-19-2005, 07:05 AM
If you don't know the album Rust Never Sleeps. Big chances you aren't a Neil Young fan. Yet, you don't even know who it is..

But sure I'll explain why I think it's the greatest album. I like the variety of music style. And I like how the album starts acoustic and finishes electric distorted guitar.

Thrasher is one of the tracks on the album. My favorite Neil Young song..And probably one of my favorite song period.

Well, what I've heard from Neil Young, what I know is probably 2,5-3 albums in total. I love that, which doesn't mean I'm a fan, but does mean I cal like his music. Ya kno? :p

Neoteric
10-19-2005, 07:57 AM

Only my dad listens to him so no.

Danger Bird
10-19-2005, 07:59 AM
<3
Neil Young

F33DBACK
11-18-2005, 06:35 AM
Personally, some of the stuff that Neil did before Rust Never Sleeps was way better. On the Beach, After the Goldrush, and Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere comes to mind.

It's a really good album, but I wouldn't consider it one of the greatest albums ever, you know?

Hmm..Yeah. But you forgot Zuma. I agree that his 70's stuff was pretty awesome :thumb:

Ephemeral
11-18-2005, 09:33 AM
Cool. It's this thread again!

F33DBACK
11-18-2005, 03:24 PM
Cool. It's this thread again!

Yeah, but it ain't a popular thread :lol:

bah..I knew there weren't gonna have a lot of Neil Young fans here..

Paranoidd
11-18-2005, 04:34 PM
I think he's a great songwriter but his voice and singing style annoy me so I find him usually unlistenable.

ahhHH
11-18-2005, 05:27 PM
i made a post for Neil Young...
few posted..then it disapeared
>:/
his awsome man..i have fews cds from him
rust never sleeps is one of em...
he sounds awsome live.
he's great...
but few know about this great man

MBS
11-18-2005, 05:43 PM
Hmm..Yeah. But you forgot Zuma. I agree that his 70's stuff was pretty awesome :thumb:

Zuma is pretty meh compared to the stuff he released earlier, but it still rules. Cortez the Killer is probably one of my favorite songs ever.

Danger Bird
11-19-2005, 03:01 PM
Does anybody find Prairie Wind to be the piece of trash that I do?

MBS
11-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Does anybody find Prairie Wind to be the piece of trash that I do?

I'm actually listening to Prairie Wind right now. I find it quite relaxing, kind of like Harvest. It was meant to tie up the trio of Harvest, Harvest Moon, and now Prairie Wind, and it's good folk. The Painter and He Was the King are both good songs.

F33DBACK
11-19-2005, 03:45 PM
Zuma is pretty meh compared to the stuff he released earlier, but it still rules. Cortez the Killer is probably one of my favorite songs ever.

Cortez The Killer is one freakin' awesome song !! But my favorite would have to be..Down By The River on Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere.

And what you guys think about the album Ragged Glory? (I love his sound on that album)

F33DBACK
11-19-2005, 03:47 PM
I think he's a great songwriter but his voice and singing style annoy me so I find him usually unlistenable.

You know what..I love his voice and his singing style.

LF96
11-20-2005, 11:45 AM
Bought Decade on vinyl today. Cost me 1 euro, since it was just loose vinyl (dude had lost the cover...).

I also bought Déjà-vu by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young which is quite nice as well.

Have any of y'all heard the live album Weld? I find the version of Blowing In The Wind and Hey Hey, My My on that album awesome.

F33DBACK
11-20-2005, 12:06 PM
Bought Decade on vinyl today. Cost me 1 euro, since it was just loose vinyl (dude had lost the cover...).

I also bought Déjà-vu by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young which is quite nice as well.

Have any of y'all heard the live album Weld? I find the version of Blowing In The Wind and Hey Hey, My My on that album awesome.

Nah. I'm cuurrently trying to finish my collection of Young's albums. I still have a few to go and I'll buy the Live albums after. Umm..But I heard good things about Weld, can't wait to hear it.

LF96
11-22-2005, 11:11 AM
Nah. I'm cuurrently trying to finish my collection of Young's albums. I still have a few to go and I'll buy the Live albums after. Umm..But I heard good things about Weld, can't wait to hear it.
Are you collecting the '80s albums as well? I have one album of his of that time and it's like 50% good to average songs and 50% really bad songs. I read somewhere that he did that cause he was angry at the people at Geffen...