PDA

View Full Version : Gallien-Krueger 700RBII & GK Neo212

Twizzler
10-17-2005, 03:40 AM
I haven't seen many people here talk about GK's products a whole lot but let me tell you, they are worth every penny. I recently got a GK 700RBII amp and its killer. The tonal versatility of the amp is incredible, good for anything. You can get very deep and warm tones out of it as well as incredibly bright and trebly tones. If your using the amp's Bi-amp feature you can use the woofer boost and tweeter boost controls to add even more boom or twang into your sound. Simply an amazing amp. 480 watts, awesome GK sound, for about $630.

I also got a GK Neo212 cab at the same time as the amp. It compliments the amp very well. The two 12" woofers pickup frequencies 36Hz to 5Khz and the tweeter picks up from 5Khz to 19Khz. Easily giving you the needed frequency range to pull off any kind of sound. Rated at 600 watts max power handling at 8 ohms, this thing can handle enough power to be useful in just about any kind of gig situation. Overall this is one of the best cabs I have ever played on and I'm extremely happy with its performance, especially for being about $600.

ChimPz
10-17-2005, 08:52 AM
I've got a GK 1001RBII/210 with a 115RBH slapped underneath it. I might do a review on one or both, if i find the time.

PainKiller8191
10-17-2005, 12:10 PM
great review, thanks!

JamesXKillXyou
10-17-2005, 05:17 PM
very good short and to the point review thx. im in the process of getting a new rig this just persuaded me a bit more towards gk.

Radiobass81
10-17-2005, 05:28 PM
Please rate the products :p.

dragonzmad
10-17-2005, 05:47 PM
I haven't seen many people here talk about GK's products a whole lot but let me tell you, they are worth every penny. I recently got a GK 700RBII amp and its killer. The tonal versatility of the amp is incredible, good for anything. You can get very deep and warm tones out of it as well as incredibly bright and trebly tones. If your using the amp's Bi-amp feature you can use the woofer boost and tweeter boost controls to add even more boom or twang into your sound. Simply an amazing amp. 480 watts, awesome GK sound, for about $630.

I also got a GK Neo212 cab at the same time as the amp. It compliments the amp very well. The two 12" woofers pickup frequencies 36Hz to 5Khz and the tweeter picks up from 5Khz to 19Khz. Easily giving you the needed frequency range to pull off any kind of sound. Rated at 600 watts max power handling at 8 ohms, this thing can handle enough power to be useful in just about any kind of gig situation. Overall this is one of the best cabs I have ever played on and I'm extremely happy with its performance, especially for being about $600.

can you write a real review that is quite a lot more detailed.

Twizzler
10-23-2005, 03:14 AM
^^^ Well what do you want to know? feel free to ask me questions if I didn't say anything about what you wanted to hear.

Radio: I forgot to give em a rating, so here ya go.

GK 700RBII 9 of 10

only reason it doesn't score a ten is because I think it could use a little bit more in the ways of EQ, but if ya play around with it a little you can still get any tone you want.

GK Neo212 8 of 10

My only real concern is that the paper cones move ALOT when your doing a slap line and I'm afraid that if I go past half volume on the amp the speaker cones will over-extend too much. Though I could be wrong about that *shrug*

Rawb
04-11-2006, 10:01 PM
Hey I just ordered this stack yesterday. It should come in some time next week. It should also sound killer with my wick. :thumb:

I'll give a brief review and rating once I get it.

:smoke:

muthafunkabass #2
04-12-2006, 03:52 PM
^Damn, what kind of 'wick do you have?

You'll have so much nice growl in your tone, I'm very jealous!:)

tinnitus
04-12-2006, 07:37 PM
sweet man, i didnt know that the neo 212 worked with the bi amp feature... i bought a 1001Rb and 4x10 rbh off ebay for a good price, and i already have a stingray4, i can't wait to get it going.... boooooya

Rawb
04-16-2006, 05:55 AM
^Damn, what kind of 'wick do you have?

You'll have so much nice growl in your tone, I'm very jealous!

Arghh! I have a Corevette 5.

Fuuuuuuuck! MusiciansFriend emailed me back saying the neo212 can only be shipped by truck to the 48 states. And i'm all the way here in Guam :(. Its ok though. I just scored a SWR workingpro 210 and i'm planning to get the 115 later on. But DAMN I wanted that neo so bad.

Rawb
05-07-2006, 06:28 PM
OK, so, my 700rb is in and i finally had a chance to use it to its potential.

Three words: UH-MA-ZING!

I tried it out in a full set at an outdoor stadium last saturday. My god, I plugged it in with a 410 hartke cab that was already there and the tone and amplification was exactly what I had expected. I wanted something loud and hey, loud it was. I even had to compete with my guitarist who had used two 2x12 mesa's, and my volume control didn't even go past 9 o'clock. Now thats fucking power!
Tonewise, well, it did what it was supposed to do, which is amplify. But the tone wasn't all that great. I have a warwick corvette 5 string, with new strings even, but it really wasn't that clear. It might also have something to do with the cab because it didn't have a tweeter....

Otherwise, this head was definitely worth $599. With its compact size, great price, sleek and cool looks, and unbeilivalbe power, I rate this product a 9/10. I can't give this a perfect 10 only because of the tone. The head itself did a great job amplifying, but it didn't do much to color my tone (some consider that good, while others think that sucks). I think it doesn't matter because there's always something you can get or do to tweak your tone.

:thumb:

clownblood99
06-17-2006, 04:23 PM
i have the gk 700 rb I not II. im running into a ashdown MAG 410. I have a lot of volume. the guys at the store said that if it wasnt loud enough i could add another cabinet to it. i was thinking another MAG 4x10 would do the trick.but im not sure if that would be too over the top. the 700 rb I is 380w at 4 ohms, 225 at 8 ohms. the ashdown MAG 4x10 is 300w at 8 ohms. keep in mind in my band im going up against a heavy hitting drummer and two half stacks.

do you guys think it would be stupid to buy another MAG 410. do you think it would make that much of a difference in my sound? would i be that much louder? would i hurt my equipment?

or should i just go with a 1x15 cabinet?

i dont know what to do. i wanted another opinion lol. can you help?

symmetrix
01-19-2007, 04:29 PM
good review

PsychoTronn
02-16-2007, 03:42 AM
thanks for the review

Twizzler
10-23-2007, 03:26 AM
I know this is an old thread, but in response to Rawb's review:

I didn't have issues with the tone, I got a pretty nice tone out of it playing through my Neo 212 way back when.

The only recordings of it are on my long-since defunct band's myspace site: www.myspace.com/theauthoritybandmusic .... play "The Way" guitar sounds real bad and drums are next to impossible to hear... but the bass recorded well.

Check out the tone and see if you guys like it. If I recall correctly the settings on the amp were as follows: Low: 2 o'clock, lo-mid 10 o'clock, hi-mid 9 o'clock, high 12 o'clock Tweeter boost 2 o'clock, woofer boost 12 o'clock.

CaseLogic
12-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Damn the myspace page is down, I was looking forward to hearing the tone!