PDA

View Full Version : New R:30 News/rush Site

spike9908
10-11-2005, 03:35 PM
well, rush redid their site, but with no new news on the page, BUT november 22 is far far away now. and this is why:

RUSH
R30 - 30th Anniversary World Tour
Filmed in Frankfurt September 24, 2004

2 DVD Package &
Deluxe Edition 2 DVD 2 CD

Check back for video sneak peaks - Coming Soon!

We are pleased to announce the follow-up to 2003’s internationally successful and top selling RUSH DVD “RUSH in Rio”, with “RUSH - R30” – 30th Anniversary World tour live in-concert DVD. U.S. and Canada’s release date is set for November 22nd and the UK and European release date is November 28th.

The DVD celebrates the 30th Anniversary World Tour. The concert was filmed with 14 hi-definition cameras in 16x9 widescreen format at the Festhalle, Frankfurt Germany on September 24, 2004.

The DVD will be released in two different packs. The 2 DVD Package will include the Frankfurt concert on disc one (mixed in dts and Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound); while the second DVD disc will include rare and classic performance footage from the late seventies to the Tsunami relief benefit concert in 2005 along with interview footage culled from the last three decades. The Deluxe Edition will include two CDs in addition to the aforementioned two DVD discs. The two bonus CDs feature the soundtrack from the Frankfurt concert DVD (CDs will not be sold separately). The Deluxe Edition will also include two limited edition RUSH guitar picks and a souvenir backstage pass.

The audio only version will be available via Anthem/Atlantic Records on all digital download services.

Check back for video sneak peaks - Coming Soon!

DVD Disc 1 - The Concert:
Disc one features the concert that Rush performed in Frankfurt, Germany on September, 24 2004, during their 30th Anniversary World Tour.

Track listing is as follows:

1. R30 Overture -
(Finding My Way, Anthem, Bastille Day, A Passage to Bangkok, Cygnus X1, Hemispheres)
2. The Spirit of Radio
3. Force Ten
4. Animate
5. Subdivisions
6. Earthshine
7. Red Barchetta
8. Roll The Bones
9. The Seeker
10. Tom Sawyer
11. Dreamline
12. Between the Wheels
13. Mystic Rhythms
14. Der Trommler
15. Resist
16. Heart Full of Soul
17. 2112
18. Xanadu
19. Working Man
20. Summertime Blues
21. Crossroads
22. Limelight

Running Time: 2:10

DVD Disc 2 - Special Features:
This disc includes bonus features including the following RUSH rarities:

ARCHIVE PERFORMANCE FOOTAGE:

* Fly By Night - Church Session Video (1975)
* Circumstances - Live in Studio (1978)
* La Villa Strangiato - Live in Studio (1978)
* Farewell to Kings - Live in Studio (1978)
* Xanadu - Live in Studio (1978)
* Soundcheck: Various Songs - Ivor Wynne Stadium (1977)
* Freewill - Toronto Rocks / Rolling Stones Concert (2003)
* Closer to the Heart - Canadian Tsunami Disaster Fund charity telethon performance on CBC television (2005)

INTERVIEW FOOTAGE:

* Interview Footage - Interview with at Ivor Wynne Stadium (1977) – A Farewell to Kings Tour
* Interview Footage (1981) - Studio interview at Le Studio, Montreal while recording the album Signals (released 1982)
* Interview Footage (1991) Artist of the Decade (1980s) featuring all 3 members
* Interview for release of the album Vapor Trails (2004)
* CBC Television: Juno Award news report - RUSH induction into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame (1994)

Running Time: 1:30

i can garentee i WILL NOT wait till christmas for this. ideal situation is i will get it on november 22, which i believe i dont have school on eather :D

one thing i noticed is that they did a song in german. i smell extra credit for german class :naughty:

raz0r
10-11-2005, 03:42 PM
well, rush redid their site, but with no new news on the page, BUT november 22 is far far away now. and this is why:

i can garentee i WILL NOT wait till christmas for this. ideal situation is i will get it on november 22, which i believe i dont have school on eather :D

one thing i noticed is that they did a song in german. i smell extra credit for german class :naughty:

Der Trommeler = O Baterista?

No YYZ though, and you can't have a Rush concert without YYZ, so i'll be passing on this one.
Although Roll the Bones and Red Barchetta are becoming appealing...

spike9908
10-11-2005, 03:47 PM
Der Trommeler = O Baterista?

No YYZ though, and you can't have a Rush concert without YYZ, so i'll be passing on this one.
Although Roll the Bones and Red Barchetta are becoming appealing...

man, your passing this because of no YYZ? on der trommeler, you could be right. i dont see anything that could be the solo other than that, but they could have incorperated it into a song.

EDIT: yeah, der trommeler translates to "the drummer", so that would be the solo

HeLLmO
10-11-2005, 04:22 PM
dude, this is gonna be amazing, i really have to get this. as for no YYZ, that is really dissapointing, but that is one bad thing missing, and if u own Rush in Rio(which i will, somtime, eventually) there is YYZ on that, but i mean, u can't pass up Roll the Bones, Red Barachetta, A Passage To Bangkok, Cygnun X-1 2112 Earthshine and Tom Sawyer just due to a lack of YYZ. i'm personally kinda sad not to see Closer to the Heart, but i know they don't play that much anymore, the did it in Rio though, because the fans love it

Ill Mitch
10-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Oh man, I'm really excited for this.

spike9908
10-11-2005, 04:48 PM
its also really nice to see they played some of their less well known songs, ie. mystic rhythems, force ten, behind the wheel. and some stuff from a counterparts, though i do hope they play double agent on the next tour.

HELLMO, they actually only played closer to the heart at 2 shows on the tour, mexico and rio.

also, lets hope some more info on neils DVD arises soon, namely the release date.

HeLLmO
10-11-2005, 05:04 PM
yea, i know about the mexico and rio thing, i have the live in Rio CD, and i got really bored and read the CD booklet thing. ironically enough, i bought the CD while vacationing in Canada

Double Bass Jim
10-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Ohh man, everytime I see new news about this I get even more excited.

spike9908
10-11-2005, 05:17 PM
i know man, im thinking i might end up killing myself during the wait if any news about eather DVD comes out. its too much to handle.

Double Bass Jim
10-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Haha it is.

Futuro
10-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Meh, More mediocre releases from the pop band rush....

Matter
10-11-2005, 06:34 PM
Sweet..Subdivisions...best song eva.

spike9908
10-11-2005, 06:45 PM
im thinking im going to watch all of disk 2 first, then later that day or the next watch disk 1 straight through. only real reason for that is i know if i watch disk 1 first, ill watch it again and again and never watch 2.

Double Bass Jim
10-11-2005, 06:57 PM
Haha yea, thats how I was with RIO.

Maggot Dream
10-11-2005, 07:00 PM
I think it looks awesome, I'd love to see those studio performances. As for YYZ, I like it, but I've always preferred the studio version to the Rush in Rio version. However, the Exit...Stage Left version with Peart's solo is amazing. I found a video of it, absolutely mind-blowing. Geddy's pretty funny looking in it, the black suit with the huge nose is great.

EDIT: I just realized that the R30 concert was filmed on my birthday last year. Sweet.

Futuro
10-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Haha yea, thats how I was with RIO. That DVD was perfect. amazing everything except the dang crowd was LOUD. It even had comedy (well i started cracking up when alex picked up the cardboard guitar and started playing it on the bonus features)

/Crys

ThugsRook
10-11-2005, 07:43 PM
i was really hoping that the original tom sawyer (studio) vid would be in the bonus list :(

spike9908
10-11-2005, 07:46 PM
^isnt it on the chronicals DVD.

BTW, to sum up the chronicals DVD for those of you who havent seen it, its great songs with live or studio video for the first half, the the rest are great songs with some of the worst music videos ever made (early distant warning is the worst, but big money is a close second. subdivisions isnt too bad.)

it even has video from exit...stage left for red barchette.

EDIT:question for anyone who went to one of the shows on the tour, was resist the album virson? i like the accustic virson a lot better, the album has too much stuff going on at once.

MeaninglessPhoto
10-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Id replace YYZ with Between The Wheels any day.

spike9908
10-11-2005, 07:51 PM
i really want to hear "beneath between and behind" live. its a great song that is really underrated and overlooked by many fans.

MeaninglessPhoto
10-12-2005, 09:17 PM
Yeah it sounds really good live

Double Bass Jim
10-12-2005, 11:11 PM
Hopefully the quality is cleaner then rio, the damn crowd can get annyoing!.

ThugsRook
10-13-2005, 12:14 AM
Hopefully the quality is cleaner then rio, the damn crowd can get annyoing!.
that crowd was so intense ~ they treated the show like a soccor match :lol:

even they (rush) were amazed ~ the crowd sang yyz! an instrumental.... they sung it :confused:

:lol:

EDIT: oh yea, and they were perfectly on cue for 2112, the live version :thumb:

xeonman9000
10-13-2005, 07:32 AM
* La Villa Strangiato - Live in Studio (1978)
Oh my... I'm definately picking this up on it's release date.

xeonman9000
10-13-2005, 01:08 PM
Wooo, got me a special edition version at play.com ( http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=795112&p=57&g=72&pa=sr ), this is going to be so awesome, I wonder if he will be using his Paragons, I'd love to hear them live.

2112drummer
10-13-2005, 02:59 PM
he'll have the Paragons for sure. I know because i saw Rush last year in Toronto. What i'm disappointed about is that they're cutting out 8 whole songs form the performance. Now does this mean that they didn't perform them that night or that they've been edited out?

however, the studio vids sound like redeeming qualities.

spike9908
10-13-2005, 02:59 PM
man, only going to be about $35 too.

2112, they probably didnt play them. they could have easily made the DVD longer. i mean Rio was almost 3 hours, this is barely over 2.

Double Bass Jim
10-13-2005, 08:08 PM
Gonna be some great stuff on it, plus we have the peart DVD to look forward to :) :)

MeaninglessPhoto
10-13-2005, 08:45 PM
Oh man. I cant wait for that. I still need to pick up A Work in Progress. Yes, im a slacker.

2112drummer
10-14-2005, 11:41 AM
Oh man. I cant wait for that. I still need to pick up A Work in Progress. Yes, im a slacker.

slacker

ChrisD
10-14-2005, 03:44 PM
I'm glad it has "Subdivisions" on it.One thing that I didn't like about Rush in Rio was the fact that it didn't include "Subdivisions","Time Stand Still" and "Fly by night".

Double Bass Jim
10-14-2005, 04:14 PM
3 great tunes for sure.

Seafroggys
10-14-2005, 10:09 PM
any Rush songs you don't like :lol:

ThugsRook
10-14-2005, 10:50 PM
countdown :rolleyes:

Double Bass Jim
10-15-2005, 12:12 AM
Awww come on that songs great man, sweet synth solo too.

ThugsRook
10-15-2005, 12:37 AM
yep, he like them all ;) :) :lol:

Double Bass Jim
10-15-2005, 12:55 AM
The weapon, never liked it.

Massik Kretal
10-15-2005, 12:58 AM
Is a Work in Progress even that good of a DVD?

I heard it wasnt too good.

Double Bass Jim
10-15-2005, 01:09 AM
Great DVD if your a rush & peart fan. It's worth it just for his warm-up routine video.

HeLLmO
10-15-2005, 08:25 AM
oh man, i'm gonna be busy. i need to buy a work in progress, this dvd, new rush album next year, tickets for that tour, new AC/DC next year, tickets for that tour, then i need to get portnoys liquid drum tension and Live Scenes from new york. ****, i'm gonna run out of money. but

spike9908
10-16-2005, 03:15 PM
oh man, i'm gonna be busy. i need to buy a work in progress, this dvd, new rush album next year, tickets for that tour, new AC/DC next year, tickets for that tour, then i need to get portnoys liquid drum tension and Live Scenes from new york. ****, i'm gonna run out of money. but

dont forget neils new DVD "anatomy of a drum solo". speeking of which, NEW INFO!!!!

set release date, NOVEMBER 1!!!!!!

My instructional video on drum soloing, Anatomy of a Drum Solo, is almost a reality. Or, it will be October 14th, our deadline to hand in the editing and artwork. Or it will be November 1st, the projected release date.

Too many elements of it are still in the “changeable” stage for me to say too much more about it, but I can say that I’m very excited with how it’s coming together. Paul Siegel and Rob Wallis, from Hudson Music, have been great collaborators once again, as they were with A Work in Progress, and I’ve also had the support and expertise of my other long-time collaborators, engineer Paul Northfield, photographer Andrew MacNaughtan, and art designer Hugh Syme.

So it’s all going “my way,” and I’m glad about that.

The band’s “R30” concert DVD is also approaching its release date — in fact, the same deadline of October 14th, the same release date of November 1st, and the same art director. So we’ve been keeping Hugh busy. And it’s not just dreaming up a nice front cover that takes so much time and effort; there are all the little details involved in a complete package: slipcover front, spine, and back, front cover, spine, back cover, undertray, lettering, booklet, disc label, booklet, credits, photos — it’s a big job, especially doing two at once.

My book about the R30 Tour, Roadshow: A Concert Tour By Motorcycle (shortened by one subtitle this week — leaving out Landscape With Drums), is all ready for its final revision, just as soon as I get all this video stuff off my desk. I have collected a pile of input from my editors Paul McCarthy and brother Danny, plus a select few readers, and for now, it’s kind of nice to let it sit and “cool off” until I’m ready to attack it single-mindedly.

Double Bass Jim
10-16-2005, 03:54 PM
Awww NOV.1!!! Nice man I cannot WAIT.

spike9908
10-17-2005, 04:14 PM
dude, the DVD is going to have 2 unreleased solos (one from counterparts tour, the other from the hamburg show on the R30 tour.)

Anatomy of a Drum Solo presents newly-recorded, in-studio footage of Neil discussing, in detail, his approach to soloing. Using a solo recorded in September, 2004 in Frankfurt, Germany, as a framework, Neil talks about each segment of this nine-minute tour de force that is a feature of each Rush performance. He describes the inspiration and the conceptual thinking behind each part of the solo and discusses, and often demonstrates, the technique necessary for playing that segment.

Also included are two “explorations” -- completely improvised workouts at the drums, each over thirty-minutes long; a never-before-released solo recorded in Hamburg, Germany in September, 2004 ("Ich Bin Ein Hamburger"); “O Baterista”, Neil's Grammy(r) Award-nominated solo (previously released on the Rush in Rio DVD); two full Rush performances from Frankfurt ’04, all shot from the perspective of the drum cameras; interviews with Lorne Wheaton, Neil’s drum tech, and Paul Northfield, Rush co-producer and engineer; a full-color booklet, a photo gallery and more.

Run Time: app. Three-Hours-and-Twenty-Two Minutes

DISC ONE
Anatomy of a Drum Solo
”Der Trommler” (recorded September, 2004, Frankfurt)

Neil’s analysis and discussion of “Der Trommler” and of his approach to soloing

Sidebar 1-Exclusive Hamburg solo ("Ich Bin Ein Hamburger")
Sidebar 2- “Exploration #1”

DISC TWO
Bonus Features, including:
”Exploration #2”

“O Baterista” (solo from Rush in Rio)
Interview with Paul Northfield, Rush co-producer and engineer, and Lorne Wheaton, Neil’s drum tech
Lorne Wheaton setting up and talking about Neil’s drumkit
Two Rush performances from the perspective of the drum cameras

A Previously Unreleased Solo from Rush’s 1994 Counterparts Tour

Special Features

* Alternate Edits-During parts of Neil’s analysis of “Der Trommler,” the viewer can choose between two different edits, one with related playing examples in full screen and one with Neil in view while the playing example is shown in a separate inset. These spots are identified by an on-screen icon.
* Audio-only bonus marimba tracks, “Momo’s Dance Party” and “Pieces of Eight,” composed and performed by Neil, which can be accessed at various points in the program.

* Camera-Option---During Neil’s performance of “Der Tommler”, the viewer can choose between the program edit and two, isolated cameras, for different views.

* Home footage of J.R. Flood, one of Neil’s first bands, circa 1970.

* Two Rush performances (“Tom Sawyer” and “Subdivisions”) recorded Frankfurt, September, 2004 from the perspective of the drum cameras.

* Bonus Footage-A previously unreleased solo from the Rush Counterparts tour recorded March 27, 1994 at the Palace of Auburn Hills in Michigan.
* Photo Gallery
* Web Links

Double Bass Jim
10-17-2005, 06:34 PM
Ohh man hahaha, my goodness thats gonna be great.

I cannot wait to see this.

2112drummer
10-31-2005, 07:01 PM
This is strangely giving me sexual release

spike9908
10-31-2005, 07:04 PM
well, ummm... gross.

anyway, so much for tomorrow for neil, its set back to like december 15 now. ah well, still have that to look forward too for christmas. and R:30 late this month(yeah, im just gonna call it november now)

Double Bass Jim
10-31-2005, 09:19 PM
:( Ahh damn, I was gonna get it too.