PDA

View Full Version : Amp Controls? (Treble, Bass....etc)

TYPUNK
10-10-2005, 09:02 AM
Well I have a 15 watt Fender Rumble Bass Amp for my Squier Precision Bass. I dont know where all the buttons and knobs should be set at. Like there is a bass control, mid contol, and a treble contol but where should I set all these at so I get a nice clean sound? Also there are 2 knobs on my bass. 1 for volume and one for sound or whatever. Where should i set these at?

Please tell me where I should have all these knobs set at.

dark_bassplayer
10-10-2005, 10:09 AM
Well personally I turn up all the knobs on my bass to max, as for your amp, it's up to you. I like max Bass, 6-7 Mid, and 0-2 Treble.

ThunderBass
10-10-2005, 10:24 AM
usually it is best to turn all the knobs on your bass up to max and then fiddle with your amp to try and find what suits you... although i know that maxing the volume on my thunderbird makes it very LOUD indeed... even on minimum amp volume...

the annoying thing is if you have more than one bass, what sounds good for one might sound pretty bad for another... its all trial and error really... and when you find a good combo, WRITE IT DOWN... trust me...

hibushin
10-21-2005, 10:34 AM
usually it is best to turn all the knobs on your bass up to max and then fiddle with your amp to try and find what suits you... although i know that maxing the volume on my thunderbird makes it very LOUD indeed... even on minimum amp volume...

the annoying thing is if you have more than one bass, what sounds good for one might sound pretty bad for another... its all trial and error really... and when you find a good combo, WRITE IT DOWN... trust me...

Thunderbass what u set ur controls to, i got a thunerdbird as well but i cant get the controls to sound right

ThunderBass
10-27-2005, 11:54 PM
on the bass i have my tone up full with my neck pickup about halfway with the bridge a tad higher...

wont bother typing my amp settings cas your amp would sound completely different... plus typing in a 10 band eq setting plus the positions of all the other knobs requires more effort than i really feel like using about now... :)

so just play around until you get a sound you like... i assume youre playing through a half decent amp though cas helps a lot... :D