PDA

View Full Version : Line 6 DL4

ljump12
10-10-2005, 08:49 AM
Sound Quality/Features
Sounds very good, all the delays are great, and theres jsut sooo many options. Theres likie 16 different delays, its pretty sweet. The best feature by far, and why i bought it, is for the Looper. You can record yourself for up to 28 seconds, then hit the other button it will play it back, then you can play overyourself, so record a verse and solo over it. My only problem with that is that 28 seconds can be a little short sometimes, IE Hotel California Verse, and some blues 12bars.... 40 Seconds would have been much better.

Reliability
This is where problems start to arise, The stomp box, while seemingly built like a tank, is really not. The levers(or whatever you stomp on) that you press on get very worn out after abotu 6 months, making it harder to stomp on them. Not only that, but they are sodered directly to the circuit board, so they cannot be repacled without extensive work. Also if you stomp too hard, while the lever is loose (Which can happen) you might crack the Circuit board.

Overall

Overall while the DL4 is a pretty sweet piece of equipment, i would NOT buy it again because of the reliability issues. Well let me rephrase that, if i was looking for something that was jsut for the delays, then yes i would buy it again, but since i dont even really care about the delays, i would go with something like the digitech jamman or the Boss RC-20

Rickler
10-12-2005, 08:16 PM
lol I agree

moaner
10-23-2005, 05:19 PM
28 seconds is absolutely incredible for a delay pedal, and you're trying to do things with this it was never designed for.

I still don't like line 6 full stop.

ljump12
11-24-2005, 09:25 PM
"and you're trying to do things with this it was never designed for."

It was advertised to be a looper... so i dont see whats wrong with rating it as one.