PDA

View Full Version : Grunge Revival?

fender_jagstang_94
10-08-2005, 02:09 PM
do u guys think there were ever be another grunge movement or a revival of grunge? your thoughts?

classicrockman
10-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Meh...

Can't say I know. But if there's no Nirvana...I can't see why other bands would want to do it.

the2stranger
10-08-2005, 02:15 PM
no
there's been enough Grunge as it is.

Teh_Dime
10-08-2005, 03:25 PM
me and my freinds have our own grunge band and we are trying to get it back into our town and hopefuly sorrounding ones will follow...yeah since kurt and layne died grunge seemed to as well...silverchair tried but i dont like them that much...hopefully it will come back

Jude
10-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Doubt it. The genre 'came to an end' for a reason, it had pretty much outlived its usefulness. There isn't a whole lot more that could be done with it.

apple pie
10-08-2005, 03:28 PM
emo is the 00's kids grunge

heavy metal kid
10-08-2005, 03:30 PM
emo is the 00's kids grunge

It can't be.
Grunge wasn't even a genre, It was a lifestyle.
Emo is considered a sub-genre.(at least all the emo bands have similarities)

lpdude0690
10-08-2005, 03:43 PM
do u guys think there were ever be another grunge movement or a revival of grunge? your thoughts?

highly doubt it. Grunge just happened at the right place and the right time. I think everybody wanted something different besides 80's rock, so grunge became popular. It would be cool if some grunge bands did come out though. I love AIC and pearl jam.

Lord Abortion
10-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Grunge is horrible.

classicrockman
10-08-2005, 03:47 PM
Nirvana = Kurt's dead, Dave Grohl is the leader of the Foo Fighters
Soundgargen = Chris Cornell is with Audioslave
Alice in Chains = Layne Stanly is dead
Stone Temple Pilots = Scott is the singer with Velvet Revolver

Grunge = never coming back

apple pie
10-08-2005, 03:47 PM
well first hair metal has to come back

lpdude0690
10-08-2005, 03:48 PM
It's not my favorite genre either, but I think some of those bands had alot of talent.

lpdude0690
10-08-2005, 03:58 PM
Nirvana = Kurt's dead, Dave Grohl is the leader of the Foo Fighters
Soundgargen = Chris Cornell is with Audioslave
Alice in Chains = Layne Stanly is dead
Stone Temple Pilots = Scott is the singer with Velvet Revolver

Grunge = never coming back

You're probably right that its never coming back, but still, even if the those musicians are done with grunge you can't exclude the next generation of musicians sparking up more grunge bands.

DekWannaBFlea
10-08-2005, 04:19 PM
I seriously doubt that Grunge will come back; even post grunge is fading from the spotlike. The 90's are over, man. The big thing even close to rock now is punkish/hardcore/emo bands (of course with the occasional Rock band popping up here and there, I.E. SOAD, Audioslave, Queens of the Stone age, Velvet Revolver, and U2).

Paranoidd
10-08-2005, 04:28 PM
alot of modern rock bands remind me greatly of grunge

ie seether, three days grace, etc

they're all influenced greatly by that sound.

Kelvin
10-08-2005, 04:38 PM
alot of modern rock bands remind me greatly of grunge

ie seether, three days grace, etc

they're all influenced greatly by that sound.
And look where they have gone....

Paranoidd
10-08-2005, 04:39 PM
And look where they have gone....

what do you mean?

mayonaise
10-08-2005, 04:51 PM
it will never be as big as it was, however i could see there eing some sort of movement by people that were influenced by grunge. by movement, i mean a bunch of bands just releasing "grungy" records all around the same time.

King_Of_Terrors
10-08-2005, 04:58 PM

Nah,

I agree, grunge came to an end for a reason. It just got boring and people were tired of it.

bassisbest
10-08-2005, 05:04 PM
I hope not. 99% of grunge was terribly boring to listen to. I think if real punk ever hit the mainstream again, there would be a small chance of grungy/punk bands coming on the scene again.

thunderzstruck
10-08-2005, 05:08 PM
me and my freinds have our own grunge band and we are trying to get it back into our town and hopefuly sorrounding ones will follow...yeah since kurt and layne died grunge seemed to as well...silverchair tried but i dont like them that much...hopefully it will come back

Don't worry, you won't cause any difference.. guarenteed.

And I REALLY hope there isn't a grunge revival. I would rather listen to Greenday than any new grunge bands

Kelvin
10-08-2005, 05:35 PM
what do you mean?
I mean that they are all used up and unoriginal. Seethers latest single (or the last one i heard) sounded like a Nirvana song. To me all these new bands with that style are more like a trend that die out within a couple of years. The only reason they get signed is because the record lable can make quikc money off them. Now I dont mean all of them just those ones you have listed and there are many more. IMO

Txus
10-08-2005, 06:01 PM
I don't think so man, the genre doesnt' have much fo a chance to survive anymore IMO.

Paranoidd
10-08-2005, 06:10 PM
I mean that they are all used up and unoriginal. Seethers latest single (or the last one i heard) sounded like a Nirvana song. To me all these new bands with that style are more like a trend that die out within a couple of years. The only reason they get signed is because the record lable can make quikc money off them. Now I dont mean all of them just those ones you have listed and there are many more. IMO

Oh. I agree with you on that point.

davelanger
10-08-2005, 06:16 PM
Lets hope not.

repcak
10-08-2005, 06:31 PM
why do you think there could be a revival? do you see or feel a revival anywhere?! i don't...

It can't be.
i agree.

Glitterati
10-08-2005, 08:00 PM
I doubt it. It was a era of music that (in a way) was like disco, bound to die sometime.

But we still have Pearl Jam.

handsonmyface
10-08-2005, 08:38 PM
I hope not. 99% of grunge was terribly boring to listen to. I think if real punk ever hit the mainstream again, there would be a small chance of grungy/punk bands coming on the scene again.

So of those 99%...was nirvana boring to listen too or is just such such bands. Imo grunge wasnt that bad at all. Again this is just a matter of opinions.

dylweed
10-08-2005, 08:54 PM
im gonna try to make a point here, now this is just my thoughts but here it goes..............
grunge was "invented" as a genre to say "ya know what? we are tired of hair metal and pat benatar BS". it was formed to make something different, to break away and create a new sound all its own. so in my opinion grunge wont make a comeback, although bands like seether, three days grace, and pearl jam(new album due out soon) are in my opinion keeping the spirit of grunge alive. todays equivelent of grunge would be the styles of bands like the killers, franz ferdinand, coldplay(who i despise), the white stripes, the kings of leon, anyone who is expirimenting with a different sound other than emo, pop/punk, and "popular" music. to me these styles today are what grunge was in its day.....................hit me with your thoughts.ROCK ON!!! :evil:

Last_Caress
10-08-2005, 09:39 PM
If not grunge revival, cause we all know that's not gonna happen, does anyone think there might be a metal revival, and I'm not talkin bout this "nu-metal" stuff cause that's not REAL metal.

Scoot
10-08-2005, 09:40 PM
No. I hope to God not.

Sam
10-08-2005, 09:44 PM
Rock music is dead in the mainstream. It will wallow in the underground for a decade or so then poop out.

I don't want it to be true...but it is.

Paranoidd
10-08-2005, 09:44 PM
grunge was "invented" as a genre to say "ya know what? we are tired of hair metal and pat benatar BS".

wtf are you talking about

dylweed
10-08-2005, 09:45 PM
If not grunge revival, cause we all know that's not gonna happen, does anyone think there might be a metal revival, and I'm not talkin bout this "nu-metal" stuff cause that's not REAL metal.
that would be heaven, but i doubt it will happen

Paranoidd
10-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Rock music is dead in the mainstream. It will wallow in the underground for a decade or so then poop out.

I don't want it to be true...but it is.

hahaha

Last_Caress
10-08-2005, 09:52 PM

It'll poop...wtf???

Sam
10-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Hehe

ween2424
10-08-2005, 10:18 PM
It can't be.
Emo is a lifestyle. It's the lifestyle of teenagers looking for attention. They can't be happy being original, so they have to follow lame trends, including emo.

dylweed
10-08-2005, 10:30 PM
Emo is a lifestyle. It's the lifestyle of teenagers looking for attention. They can't be happy being original, so they have to follow lame trends, including emo.
agreed 100% :thumb:

Mild Child
10-08-2005, 10:30 PM
i'm actually thinking that once time passes...the kids grow up and forget about nirvana and such and listening to only G-r-e-e-n-d-a-y and make their own pop-punk inspried bands, there will be no more good music.

heavy metal kid
10-08-2005, 10:50 PM

it's a lifestyle as metalheads, but what i was trying to say is that all the emo bands have musical similarities and almost all the "grunge bands" don't.

I don't find many similarities between AIC and the Smashing Pumpkins, or between Sonic Youth and Silverchair, even Tool was part of that movement.

Just check the most popular bands:
Nirvana= Some kind Punk
AIC=Sludge, Metal
Soundgarden=Metal/Hard Rock
Pearl Jam=Alt. Rock

thunderkitty
10-08-2005, 11:09 PM
i'm actually thinking that once time passes...the kids grow up and forget about nirvana and such and listening to only G-r-e-e-n-d-a-y and make their own pop-punk inspried bands, there will be no more good music.

noo that will never happen

YDload
10-08-2005, 11:15 PM

That already happened when Dookie came out in 1994. Nobody will ever make the exact same music as everyone else; there will always be different types of music created by groups of musicians who are fed up with how homogenous they perceive popular music to be. Stop whining and look for good music yourself.

Scoot
10-08-2005, 11:23 PM
noo that will never happen

If you don't believe that, believe this: Humans are about to be replaced by robot musicians.

nrvn55
10-09-2005, 12:22 AM
It can't be.

"emo" is a life style. they all wear the same clothes, listen to the same bands, share the same views. in the "grunge" life style, every one wore the same clothes shared similar views and shared the same favourtie bands. thats how a form of music becomes popular. people embrace the culture of the music. how is "emo" not a life style.

heavy metal kid
10-09-2005, 12:28 AM
"emo" is a life style. they all wear the same clothes, listen to the same bands, share the same views. in the "grunge" life style, every one wore the same clothes shared similar views and shared the same favourtie bands. thats how a form of music becomes popular. people embrace the culture of the music. how is "emo" not a life style.

it's a lifestyle as metalheads, but what i was trying to say is that all the emo bands have musical similarities and almost all the "grunge bands" don't.

I don't find many similarities between AIC and the Smashing Pumpkins, or between Sonic Youth and Silverchair, even Tool was part of that movement.

Just check the most popular bands:
Nirvana= Some kind Punk
AIC=Sludge, Metal
Soundgarden=Metal/Hard Rock
Pearl Jam=Alt. Rock

emo=lifestyle, sub genre
grunge=lifestyle

liveafterdeath
10-09-2005, 01:16 AM
i think that emo kids are just a bunch of nerdy wanna-be outcasts whom cut themselves and force themselves to listen to music they dont like just because its "cool". ive heard some emo kids tell me that "mychemical romance" and "the used" are actually satanic!! whoever thinks emo is "gothic" or "satanic" should get slayer's raining blood album shoved up their asses for being so idiotic. just because a girl dies in a church(my chemical romance) or some retard gets depressed(the used) doesnt mean that they are "goth" or "satanic", it means that they are sad depressed ****ers who dont know how to appreciate life so they cut themselves and smell like ciggarettes all day.

heavy metal kid
10-09-2005, 01:20 AM
Lets not start a flamming against other people, this isn't the main point of the thread; in fact, any flamming is great banning cause, so you might like to delete that message or at least change it.

YDload
10-09-2005, 01:22 AM
i think that emo kids are just a bunch of nerdy wanna-be outcasts whom cut themselves and force themselves to listen to music they dont like just because its "cool". ive heard some emo kids tell me that "mychemical romance" and "the used" are actually satanic!! whoever thinks emo is "gothic" or "satanic" should get slayer's raining blood album shoved up their asses for being so idiotic. just because a girl dies in a church(my chemical romance) or some retard gets depressed(the used) doesnt mean that they are "goth" or "satanic", it means that they are sad depressed ****ers who dont know how to appreciate life so they cut themselves and smell like ciggarettes all day.

Not only is MCR not goth or satanic, it's not even emo. Emo is short for emotional hardcore and more closely resembles Fugazi than Fall Out Boy.

Paranoidd
10-09-2005, 02:49 AM
i think that
See, here is where you got off on the wrong foot. Nobody cares what you think.

emo kids are just a bunch of nerdy wanna-be outcasts
They're "wanna-be outcasts?" how does one "wanna-be" an outcast? Or are they just outcasts who "wanna-be" something? If they're emo kids, then what do they "wanna-be?"

whom cut themselves
Yes, much like somebody stupidly carved "Slayer" into their arm (visible on the inside jacket of the Divine Intervention album).

and force themselves to listen to music they dont like
Heh, thats right, they hate ALL the music they listen to. I don't know how ANYBODY can sit there and tolerate those simple, melodic songs with catchy hooks and simple construction. It must be way harder to listen to stuff than to sit down and relax to the sounds of Tom Araya shrieking about necrophobia and nazi war crimes.

just because its "cool".
But, you said they were nerds? How are they cool if they're nerds? :confused:

I bet you have no friends.

ive heard some emo kids tell me that "mychemical romance" and "the used" are actually satanic!!
No you haven't. It's pretty funny you'd think people would believe that.

whoever thinks emo is "gothic" or "satanic" should get slayer's raining blood album shoved up their asses for being so idiotic.

It's actually entitled "Reign In Blood." I think you should get the album shoved up your ass for being so idiotic. You don't even know the name of the album you're preaching about, you fucking idiot.

just because a girl dies in a church(my chemical romance) or some retard gets depressed(the used) doesnt mean that they are "goth" or "satanic"

And Slayer is satanic? Tom Araya is highly religious. Kerry King is an atheist, he writes lyrics about Satan but doesn't even believe in him.

it means that they are sad depressed ****ers
Since when is it a crime to be depressed or sad? I'm sure you must be quite the jovial fellow.

who dont know how to appreciate life
99% of people on earth don't know how to appreciate life, you especially.

so they cut themselves
I don't see how this is insulting or funny.

"Haha, you cut yourself!"
"So?"
"..."

and smell like ciggarettes all day.

I've met hundreds of people in my life and I can honestly say every emo kid I met has not smelled like cigarettes. But if it will make you feel better I'll laugh at your asanine joke..."LOL EMO KIDS SMELL LIKE CIGARETTES LOL BECAUSE THATS A BIG INSULT LOL"

Now it's a crime to smoke, too?

Dude, go back to your room and convince yourself how hardcore you are with your GOTH SATANIC SLAYER ALBUMS...WOOOOOOOO!

I'd rather there were more emo kids cutting themselves and minding their own business than retards like you trying to funny by making horribly cliche generalizations about a stereotype. I'd love to know what stereotype you belong to, I'd rattle off every cliche trait about it and watch you try to defend yourself into a hypocritical ruin.

Ostrich Man
10-09-2005, 04:03 AM
Wow ok some good points there Paranoidd,

Problem with grunge revival: Anyone old enough to appreciate early '90s grunge music would also be old enough to know that new bands could not possibly match say Nirvana in the genre...

Last_Caress
10-09-2005, 02:43 PM
Not only is MCR not goth or satanic, it's not even emo. Emo is short for emotional hardcore and more closely resembles Fugazi than Fall Out Boy.

Agreed, MCR is part of that New Jersey Punk movement, they're just a little bit darker than the rest of them.

Excursions
10-09-2005, 02:46 PM
Agreed, MCR is part of that New Jersey Punk movement, they're just a little bit darker than the rest of them.

No, they are not.

Last_Caress
10-09-2005, 02:48 PM
Not what?

Excursions
10-09-2005, 02:50 PM
Part of the New Jersey punk movement. Get a clue you moron.

Last_Caress
10-09-2005, 02:51 PM
Um, so are you telling me that a magazine entitled Guitar World has absolutely no idea where they're from or are you saying that you have no idea where they're from?

They are part of the New Jersey Punk movement hosting bands such as Thursday, Bouncing Souls, Armor for Sleep, and Midtown, turn on fuse, promise you'll see at least one of them.

Excursions
10-09-2005, 02:54 PM
Im saying they are a pop band that just happens to come from New Jersey, they are in no way involved in the New Jersey punk movement.

Last_Caress
10-09-2005, 02:56 PM
Ok, well if you say so...yea right.

Paranoidd
10-09-2005, 07:37 PM
Um, so are you telling me that a magazine entitled Guitar World has absolutely no idea where they're from or are you saying that you have no idea where they're from?

Guitar World has absolutely no idea on a few things.

They are part of the New Jersey Punk movement hosting bands such as Thursday, Bouncing Souls, Armor for Sleep, and Midtown, turn on fuse, promise you'll see at least one of them.

Armor For Sleep is punk? They're really bad.

bLiNdSpOtT RoCk
10-09-2005, 08:44 PM
yer there will b, ill b ages away though bt i reckon they will get there, i cnt c it happening soon though. heads up & hope though.

ween2424
10-10-2005, 09:20 AM
What happened to this thread being about grunge?

rata
10-11-2005, 01:28 AM
ey, if garage music came back why not grunge....

Paranoidd
10-11-2005, 01:42 AM
ey, if garage music came back why not grunge....

wtf is garage music

miketommorellofan
10-11-2005, 04:23 AM
everything will come back i dont think grunge will come back the same as it was but it will come back nirvana are just a huge influence ( im listening to them now) but through nirvana i got big in to alice in chains and pearl jam im new to this forum and i have read everys comments and i think most of you dont think that any good music is gonna come out if grunge is truly dead is punk or emo or metal gonna die not a chance thats my view anyway

toxichitty
10-11-2005, 07:21 AM
If you were to look at a timeline of popular music, a patter emerges. In the early 70s you had classic rock bands and progressive rock to. For example bands like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Yes. In response to the pretentiousness of the music, punk was created by bands like The Sex Pistols and the Ramones. After people got over the punk revolution of the late 70s, hair metal rose up as the new style of popular music with the birth of Van Halen. (Not calling VH hair metal, but they paved the way for many of those bands). In the early 90's comes grunge as a response to the overblown wankerism that hair metal had become.
What i'm getting at is that there will be a revolution in the spirit of grunge. There will be a band that will go back to writing simple three minute songs with the raw emotion that will be a breath of fresh air to the oversaturated genre that it is a response to.
And on another point, why is grunge such a bad word? Bands such as Alice In Chains and Pearl Jam had immense talent and I feel that grunge is a bad word because its association with Nirvana. Nirvana aren't a bad band, but the fanboyism which turns them into legends is a lie as IMO Nirvana were just an average band who had a knack for writing good poppish songs.
Also, people will find grunge again, look at bands like Jet and The Kings Of Leon who stockpile rehashed riffs from the classic rock legends. Let alone stealing their style of dress. Grunge will have a revival, it just wont be as big a change as it was the first time around.

ween2424
10-11-2005, 09:39 AM
wtf is garage music
Bands like:
The Hives
The Strokes
The White Stripes

Jon
10-11-2005, 11:12 AM
Please god no.
In the early 90's comes grunge as a response to the overblown wankerism that hair metal had become.
Hair metal isn't overblown wankerism, its good, fun music for people who don't cut :)

rata
10-11-2005, 10:29 PM
wtf is garage music

bloc party
strokes
hives
the bravery
killers
interpol
franz ferdinand

those type

and now, dont be to harsh on asking... wtf is w/ you too :)

Paranoidd
10-11-2005, 10:36 PM
I'm asking what it is because I've never heard that term.

I don't understand how garage music made a "comeback" though, those are all modern bands?

rata
10-11-2005, 10:38 PM
that term's been used looooong time ago...... ask any punk head or any music junk head you know.....

Paranoidd
10-11-2005, 11:02 PM
that term's been used looooong time ago...... ask any punk head or any music junk head you know.....

But do the bands sound the same?

Ficus
10-11-2005, 11:40 PM
Grunge won't have a comeback, simply because it doesn't need one. It was fresh and original when it came out, it was exactly what the music 'scene' needed. If it were to come back today, it wouldn't have the same effect it did in the 90's.

toxichitty
10-12-2005, 12:49 AM
Jon, I wasn't putting down hair metal, I quite happen to like some hair metal. But there were a lot of bands that by the time Nirvana had come around that were as if they had been cut out of hair metal cookie dough.

bassman9985
10-12-2005, 01:17 AM
..almost all the "grunge bands" don't.

Thanks for pointing this out. The only bands that could be called grunge are the copy cat, generic bands like Bush and Candlebox. Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, and Soundgarden are the four most important grunge bands, and none of them are similar.

And it was about the music.. the sonic product. As mentioned, the hardcore scene has very little to do with what is heard, but by what is seen and worn.

The grunge movement was awesome. Look over the last twenty years, and compare it to the hair, new wave, boy band, or nu-metal periods, and it's obvious that it was the most genuine, honest musical trend in recent memory.

YDload
10-12-2005, 01:22 AM
I'll put it in much clearer terms this time:

Grunge can't make a comeback because whatever new trend shows up will be a response to the leftovers of grunge itself. That's why many people cite the garage-rock/retro whatever revival as the antidote, because it has more upbeat songs as opposed to the sour attitudes of grunge.

astrangerinthenight
10-12-2005, 03:04 AM
Grunge is horrible.

what im shocked and appauled i think that some of you are right but music seems to be going back to look for inspiration which means there could def be a revaival and i cant wait the closest thing i know is puddle of mud but i havent heard any news on them releasing anything new and i dont know very many other grunge band

come back to us

Enlighten Me
10-12-2005, 04:22 AM
Dude, try using punctuation.

ween2424
10-12-2005, 09:01 AM
what im shocked and appauled i think that some of you are right but music seems to be going back to look for inspiration which means there could def be a revaival and i cant wait the closest thing i know is puddle of mud but i havent heard any news on them releasing anything new and i dont know very many other grunge band

come back to us
Bands do go back to grunge for inspiration, but most of them alter it completely. These bands include Seether, Puddle Of Mudd, Crossfade, etc.

superdigg
10-12-2005, 09:15 AM
i really hope not. i can't see it happening, either. the 90's were different.

ween2424
10-12-2005, 09:28 AM
i really hope not. i can't see it happening, either. the 90's were different.
You're right. There probably won't be another grunge movement, cause rock music is constantly changing, but you'll always be able to tell the influence in future bands, and some of todays.

Some modern grunge influenced bands include:

Dropbox (Alice In Chains influenced)
Future Leaders of The World (Nirvana influenced)
Godsmack (Alice In Chains influenced, as you can tell by their name)
Shinedown (Soundgarden influenced, especially on their new album)

Hellion462606
10-12-2005, 11:21 AM
Meh...

Can't say I know. But if there's no Nirvana...I can't see why other bands would want to do it.

Three words Mother Love Bone. They existed before Nirvana, as well as many other grunge/grungesque bands. Nirvana was amazing but they need not exist for grunge to.

rata
10-14-2005, 04:29 AM
Three words Mother Love Bone. They existed before Nirvana, as well as many other grunge/grungesque bands. Nirvana was amazing but they need not exist for grunge to.

but before mother love bone there were the Green Rivers...

and andrew wood's voice is soo generic.... as you can hear it on most hair-metal bands that came out at that era...

rata
10-14-2005, 04:34 AM
this is how i actually look at the era and the bands... but thats just me...

Originators = before 87 ...
Green River
Mudhoney
Melvins
Skin Yard
Malfunkshun
Soundgarden
Screaming Trees

Pre – Grunge = after 88
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Alice in Chains
Tad
L7
Babes in Toyland
Paw
Hole
Tree People
Mother Love Bone
You Am I
The Fluid
Gruntruck
Smashing Pumpkins
Gumball
Temple of the Dog
Love Battery
My Sister’s Machine
The Monkey wrench
Solomon Grundy
Earth
Blind Mellon

Post – Grunge = 93 and the rest of the 90's to present...
Mad Season
Foo Fighters
Candlebox
Stone Temple Pilots
Seven Mary Three
Bush
silverchair
Presidents of the USA
Days of The New
Dishwalla
Live
Local H
Collective soul
Caroline Spine
Refreshments
Tantric
Our Lady Peace
Better than Ezra
Creed
Buckcherry
Ecoline Crush
Eve 6
Guster
Dynamite Hack
My Vitriol
Shades Apart
Hesher
Teeth
Limblifter

astrangerinthenight
10-14-2005, 05:09 AM
well done on the list nice one

Purple Alien
10-14-2005, 09:30 AM
I kinda doubt it but if there is I'll look into it but it probaly wont last that long

Grogs
10-14-2005, 10:08 AM
I doubt it... i kinda hope not too I guess. i mean sure Nirvana did some pretty good stuff and so did some other bands... but it's definatly not a favorite genre of mine by any means.

Grunge_Man
10-17-2005, 03:22 AM
hmm no i dont think so, but it would be nice

BeaZ
10-17-2005, 03:24 AM
I can't see how Grunge could come back, all the bands were very different. There were very few similarities between the bands other than they were from Seatle. Compare Soundgarden to Pearl Jam or Nirvana to Smashing Pumpkins.

astrangerinthenight
10-17-2005, 07:40 AM
grunge may have some big stars in seatle but they can come from other places

BeaZ
10-17-2005, 07:43 AM
grunge may have some big stars in seatle but they can come from other placesYeah, I know that but that seems to be the major similarity between the bands and IMO if the genre 'grunge' wasn't around they would've been classified under seperate genres.

ween2424
10-17-2005, 09:26 AM
Has anyone else heard Peter Klett's (guitarist of Candlebox) new band Redlight Music? I love them. I saw them open for Tantric last year and I met them and hung out with Peter for a few minutes.

liveafterdeath
11-25-2005, 08:09 PM
See, here is where you got off on the wrong foot. Nobody cares what you think.

They're "wanna-be outcasts?" how does one "wanna-be" an outcast? Or are they just outcasts who "wanna-be" something? If they're emo kids, then what do they "wanna-be?"

Yes, much like somebody stupidly carved "Slayer" into their arm (visible on the inside jacket of the Divine Intervention album).

Heh, thats right, they hate ALL the music they listen to. I don't know how ANYBODY can sit there and tolerate those simple, melodic songs with catchy hooks and simple construction. It must be way harder to listen to stuff than to sit down and relax to the sounds of Tom Araya shrieking about necrophobia and nazi war crimes.

But, you said they were nerds? How are they cool if they're nerds? :confused:

I bet you have no friends.

No you haven't. It's pretty funny you'd think people would believe that.

It's actually entitled "Reign In Blood." I think you should get the album shoved up your ass for being so idiotic. You don't even know the name of the album you're preaching about, you fucking idiot.

And Slayer is satanic? Tom Araya is highly religious. Kerry King is an atheist, he writes lyrics about Satan but doesn't even believe in him.

Since when is it a crime to be depressed or sad? I'm sure you must be quite the jovial fellow.

99% of people on earth don't know how to appreciate life, you especially.

I don't see how this is insulting or funny.

"Haha, you cut yourself!"
"So?"
"..."

I've met hundreds of people in my life and I can honestly say every emo kid I met has not smelled like cigarettes. But if it will make you feel better I'll laugh at your asanine joke..."LOL EMO KIDS SMELL LIKE CIGARETTES LOL BECAUSE THATS A BIG INSULT LOL"

Now it's a crime to smoke, too?

Dude, go back to your room and convince yourself how hardcore you are with your GOTH SATANIC SLAYER ALBUMS...WOOOOOOOO!

I'd rather there were more emo kids cutting themselves and minding their own business than retards like you trying to funny by making horribly cliche generalizations about a stereotype. I'd love to know what stereotype you belong to, I'd rattle off every cliche trait about it and watch you try to defend yourself into a hypocritical ruin.

i apologize for being compleately out of line, and for my meaningless rants. As for the slayer album, i usually get the song and the album names cunfuzzled.

Paranoidd
11-26-2005, 12:36 AM
this is like a month old but ok

JeffersonGrungeBand
11-27-2005, 12:23 PM
grunge is not dead, its just laying dorment.the death of kurt cobain may have killed a part of grunge because they were the ones who brought it forward but it will return.a british band called nine black alps are pretty cool and if i have anyhing to do with it, Jefferson will help us to remember grunge is the only way. R I P Kurt

CarrionBirds
11-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Grunge is horrible.

grunge is amazing buddy

burton.and.gas
11-27-2005, 01:27 PM
dude i have noticed it oo. bands like nine black alps have come out of nowhere and are well popular i reckon grunge is back in agen. its sort of cool but it seems to be something that indie kids are cashing in on it and it looks like the 80s revivial we have been seeing so i am quite weary of it. its liek in about 10 years it will become fashionable to like emo agen

YDload
11-27-2005, 08:12 PM
THIS THREAD IS OLD

the arguments have already been made. Grunge can't comeback because the remnants of grunge are now the problem itself. Dreary, whiny, horrible bands with no musical talent at all.

hahagrungeISalive
06-04-2011, 03:03 PM
All you stiffs can go suck a big one guess why? Because grunge came back

Alice in Chains- Reformed with new vocalist
Soundgarden- Reunited with new album on the way
Stone Temple Pilots- Back together with a 2010 release
Pearl Jam- Obviously still together
Nirvana- Not back together, but Dave Grohl did play on stage with Krist Noveselic