LostItAgain
09-23-2005, 09:41 PM
Experience- I've owned it for about 6 or 7 months
Backround- been playin the bass about five years
Music style- Ska, Raggae, some jazz and on occasion some metal
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a80/Lost_It_Again/PD7.jpg
Ibanez-PD7 Phat-Hed Bass Overdriver

List Price- 82USD although ypu can get one 50.00USD

Features- Three preamp settings- the PD7 has three modes for the preamp, Clean, overdrive and distortion the clean gives no distortion,the overdrive mode gves a small amount of distortion and the distortion option gives alot of distortion

Attack switch- the attack switch also has three settings it changes the voicing of your bass slightly but is overall a worthless feature.

Control knobs- the PD7 has four control knobs, Drive, Lo, Hi, and Level. The Drive knob is used to increase/decrease the amount of Overdrive that is being used. The level knob controls the output volume. the Hi knob controls the trble and the Lo knob controls the bass. lock down controls

PROS- lock down controls, the best thing about the control knobs is that they press and lock down so that while playing you do not accidentally change the settings that you have it set on..metal construction which allows it to take alot more punishment than other pedals made out of plastic. allows for a variety of differnt sounds from just a little distortion to bring out a little twang when slapping all the way up to a completely distorted death metal tone.

CONS- The battery life is really low, at most they last a few hours, so i would strongly recomend getting an adapter with it for $10 or $15 you wont be sent to the poorhouse paying for batteries Although it doesnt rob your low end as much as some of the other pedals I have used it Does Stunt the Bassiness of your tone unless you turn the Lo control up to or past 7 which results in a very muddy tone. I used with a friends jazz and it added alot of white noise, just having it pluged in.

Heres the Breakdown-
Features- 6 out of 10
Quality- 9 out of 10
Price- 8 out of 10
Sound- 7 out of 10
Overall- 7.5 out of 10

*feel free to comment or add your opinion :thumb:
edited in a pic :thumb:

1-D
09-25-2005, 02:00 PM
Nice review maybe a picture of it?Thanks;D

LostItAgain
09-25-2005, 05:11 PM
anything else?

Mr. Pickle
09-25-2005, 07:05 PM
i've had it for a few months. pretty accurate review in my eyes.

1-D
09-25-2005, 07:15 PM
[QUOTE=LostItAgain]anything else?[/QUOTE
Well thanks for adding the pic that helps, it looks pretty good,

Worrpigs
09-28-2005, 09:05 AM
i want a good bass overdrive. maybe ill check into it.

Bass_swede
09-28-2005, 04:03 PM
It is good.. I can tip you on that if you have the attack (the totally worthless feature) on 1 and turn your tone knob (on the bass) down, you will have a cosy little overdrive-tone.. I use that alot.. It's like the only thing I use on the pedal accually :)

LostItAgain
09-28-2005, 08:30 PM
It is good.. I can tip you on that if you have the attack (the totally worthless feature) on 1 and turn your tone knob (on the bass) down, you will have a cosy little overdrive-tone.. I use that alot.. It's like the only thing I use on the pedal accually :)

i always play with on the one setting, i only say its worthless because i never change the setting and actually use the other two.

Crudd-Bucket™
09-28-2005, 08:47 PM
This is the pedal that Fieldy uses from Korn. I listened to the sound clips of it on music123.com once and it sounded awesome :)

fig nuts
10-14-2005, 07:27 AM
Lovely pedal. Its a shame, i dont use since i got an ME50B.