PDA

View Full Version : Bobaflex

mixture
09-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Have you heard of Bobaflex? if not what a shame! but you can give them a listen now, their new album, Apologize for Nothing is in stores now!

check out the Bobaflex media player:
http://www.bobaflexwarriors.com/promotions/link.jsp?link=01191

Listen to "Better Than Me": (mp3)
http://www.tvtrecords.com/promotions/link.jsp?link=01164

Also visit:
http://www.bobaflexwarriors.com/
http://www.myspace.com/bobaflex

Bazarov
09-17-2005, 03:40 PM
I have a Gingantour sampler disc that was handed out at Gigantour, when I got home and listened to it. I was glad bobaflex wasn't playing. In my opinion they sound horrible.

Neoteric
09-17-2005, 04:19 PM
Never heard of them but the name sounds funny.

BoboTheRagingHobo
09-17-2005, 04:22 PM
Horrid immature band.

They were at Gigantour and their whole set revolved around hookers, masturbation and star wars from what I could decipher from their lyrics. Their music is quite generic nu-metal as well.

halfdeadhippo
09-17-2005, 04:23 PM
The only decent part of their show was their energy.

RiceMonster
09-17-2005, 04:25 PM
I was happy I missed their performance at Gigantour.

Neoteric
09-17-2005, 04:32 PM
checked them out and one word......crud

Zion Gates
09-17-2005, 04:38 PM
threadstarter made 3 of the same thread. one in other, one in punk, and one here

Neoteric
09-17-2005, 04:38 PM
he also made another about Story Of The Year.

36Dritzlfists
09-17-2005, 05:03 PM
I keep hearing about how much these guys suck. I figure I wont waste my time checking them out.

RustedPieces
09-17-2005, 05:05 PM
Horrid immature band.

They were at Gigantour and their whole set revolved around hookers, masturbation and star wars from what I could decipher from their lyrics. Their music is quite generic nu-metal as well.
Exactly. They acted so gay on stage, pretending to masturbate on eachother with water bottles and stuff like that.

Neoteric
09-17-2005, 05:16 PM
Exactly. They acted so gay on stage, pretending to masturbate on eachother with water bottles and stuff like that.
eeewww....okay dokey:(

09-17-2005, 05:29 PM
threadstarter made 3 of the same thread. one in other, one in punk, and one here

Yeah. He's banned, but this thread isn't really illegal. Sure, it's advertising, but it's similar to other threads that are made about other bands.

Doesn't look like his advertisements proved worthwhile though. :p

Hitroshimite
09-17-2005, 09:15 PM
Saw them at Gigantour. AWFUL.

94_Hours
09-17-2005, 09:52 PM
yah it was pretty much a joke. One time they said 'This is for anyone that cant keep an erection while on cocaine.' The bassist plays with his bass pretty much up at his shoulders. Their studio stuff doesnt sound too bad to me but on Gigantour they blew heavy sack

Bobawarrior
01-17-2006, 10:43 PM
They are kind of hurting really from going from doing little gigs right into the big times. Give them a break, show me a group that came right into the big leagues without needing to make a few changes to their set/act. Their music has power, and they are passionate about it. As you can tell by my name, I am an avid Bobaflex fan, but of course, they are the biggest thing to come out of West Virginia in a long time. I personally, am pulling for them because of that and because their music is really good in moderate doses.

Freezing Moon
01-17-2006, 10:55 PM
After listening to a couple of their myspace songs, all I have to say is fuck this band.

Bazarov
01-17-2006, 11:00 PM
After listening to a couple of their myspace songs, all I have to say is fuck this band.
Yeah I heard them on the Gigantour sampler I got at the Gigantour and was glad that they weren't at that show.

Phobophile
01-17-2006, 11:03 PM
They are kind of hurting really from going from doing little gigs right into the big times. Give them a break, show me a group that came right into the big leagues without needing to make a few changes to their set/act. Their music has power, and they are passionate about it. As you can tell by my name, I am an avid Bobaflex fan, but of course, they are the biggest thing to come out of West Virginia in a long time. I personally, am pulling for them because of that and because their music is really good in moderate doses.

I hope you didn't plan on being an actual poster around here,because you are going to regret your name and first post.

Honestly,I've never heard them. Their name is retarded and I've seen enough excessive flaming on R&M(who's musical taste I actually do somewhat trust) to drive me away like a rat in Norway circa 1349.

Scoot
01-17-2006, 11:04 PM
How much do you want to bet that the TS and Bobawarrior are the same guy and a member of the band trying to get attention drawn towards themselves?

YDload
01-17-2006, 11:34 PM
I almost saw them at Gigantour but decided to keep my spot five rows back on the main stage. Instead I saw a little-known group called The Dillinger Escape Plan.

I think history has shown whether or not I made the right choice. Passing up generic nu-metal for the most insane musical AND stage show of the day? Well excuse me!

DanD
01-17-2006, 11:44 PM
I saw them at Gigantour, and the only good that I can really say about them is that they sounded better than all of the other bands there. I'm not talking about their music, I'm saying that the sound guy did a good job.

Also, they had their van parked inside the venue and had speakers set up in the back of it. They proceeded to blast the same three songs the entire day. Needless to say, I, as well as almost everyone else at Gigantour were not pleased.

=-fukifiknow-=
01-18-2006, 12:27 AM
i saw them at gigantour... they were entertaining... horrid music but hillarious introducitons to their songs,, insane energy. cocked out fo sho.

i ended up sitting next to the bassist and watching megadeth.. he's short/fat/and has a shark fin for hair

Tyler
01-18-2006, 01:00 AM
The guitarist was doing high kicks at Gigantour. The music was awful, but that was at least entertaining.