PDA

View Full Version : Behringer ULTRABASS BB410

Alma
09-13-2005, 05:59 AM
ULTRABASS BB410

Specs (From Website): High-Performance 1,200-Watt Bass Cabinet with Original 4 x 10" BUGERA™ Speakers and 1" Horn Driver

List Price: $440 US, $550 AUD
My Price: $400 AUD

- Reinforced chamber, front-ported bass cabinet for 1,200 Watts of power handling
- Original BUGERA™ speakers with special high-impact cones
- Powerful and punchy bass tone
- Switchable 1" custom-made horn tweeter for high-end punch
- Unique tweeter remote control via footswitch or BEHRINGER MIDI FOOT CONTROLLER FCB1010
- Input and link outputs on 1/4" TS and professional speaker connectors (compatible to NEUTRIK® SPEAKON®), impedance 4 Ohms
- Recessed carrying handles and integrated rollers for easy transportation
- Shock proof metal grille, reinforced corners and rugged carpet covering
- Exceptionally rugged construction for long life and durability
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany, Made in China

Features: 3.5/5

This cab has fair features for the money. It is a 4x10 cab, which is fairly loud. I can push the cab well with my GK 700RB-II so there is no shortage of power. The cones are Bugera's. It comes with a switchable horn (thank god). I never use the horn, but it's a working horn that doesn't sound harsh at all. Side handles allow for easy transportation. Also comes with little wheels on one end of the cab for even easier transportation.

Value: 4.5/5

I believe that this is cab is very good for the $400 AUD i paid for it. It works, thats a start. There aren't many decent cabs out there for under $1000 here in Australia (American's, don't bother buying behringer when u can buy avatar) having said that it is one of the best cabs i have played that is sub $1000. Sturdy construction, no problems yet and ive had it for nearly 10 months.

Construction: 4/5

Well made, its a reasonable weight with easy transportation methods as stated above. No problems as such yet. Very solid construction for $400.

Tone: 3.5/5

Heres the most important part. The BB410's tone overall is pretty good. I like the tones i get from it paired with my GK 700RB-II. It has good low end, and good mids and highs. The cab isn't very clear, but i don't like too much clarity. It isn't very clean at all either. If you like your muddy tones, this cab would be good for you! Muddy tones can be easily achieved with this cab. The cab lacks punch. This cab would be seriously awesome if it had lots more punch. Overall, i enjoy the tones i achieve from this cab but it does lack punch, clarity and cleanliness.

Overall: 4/5

Overall, i think this is a fair cab for the money. $400 AUD isn't very much for a 4x10 compared to other brands. The BB410 offers tonal variations when paired with the right head, the construction is very solid for a $400 cabinet. It has all you need for that plug and play experience. Would i buy one again? Short answer, no. Only if i had crap all money and i needed a cab fast.
Having said that, paired with a good head the Behringer BB410 is a reliable, well built, first timers cab!

Pic from Website

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/fender88/BB410_medium.jpg

And here is mine

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/fender88/100_0047.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/fender88/100_0045.jpg

blizzard
09-13-2005, 06:55 AM
Good HONEST review :thumb:

Owning a behringer combo i would have to tend to agree with you, they're not bad for the money fairly good value but if you can afford better go better definately not for the professional doing gigs every other night.

d-1
09-17-2005, 08:43 PM
Nice review, i have a behringer but i think its the lower model ;/

Worrpigs
09-17-2005, 10:46 PM
i was thinking about one of their cabs in the future, good review.

theosd
09-18-2005, 11:44 AM
I bought a BA410 (aluminium cones being the only difference) earlier this year. One of the speakers has blown already, and I've been using it with the Behringer BX3000T head, which they should have handled. They seem solid on the outside but this forces me to question the electrics/connections inside.

It's chuffing heavy, too.

I'm overall not impressed with mine, and after spending £200 on it, there's not much I can do except perhaps get it fixed soon and use it as a secondary..

Alma
09-19-2005, 05:30 AM
Some are duds. Which is a very bad thing.

theosd
09-19-2005, 08:37 AM
Some are duds. Which is a very bad thing.

aye. I like behringer's honest approach to it, though; they aren't afraid to mention that all their stuff is made in malasia or wherever.

It's pot luck i guess.

1-D
09-25-2005, 01:48 PM
nice review and thats a sick amp

cliff_bass player
10-15-2005, 11:00 PM
the speaker blowing doesnt mean tha**** falty i may mean to much bass well thats wa happened to my schools warwick cab and it had warwick profet 3 head and had the right power rating

cliff

Alma
10-16-2005, 02:22 AM
Well there you go.

Cliff, why do you have a pic of what looks to be Darcy Russell's Viper?

80sfollowerBass666
10-17-2005, 05:35 AM
damn your school can afford a warwick cabinet and profet 3?!?! jeese. my school has a 40watt 20 year old combo tht an old teacher built lol! and its broken aswell lol.

i own that exact model of cab and ive got a BX4500H 450watt head to go with it. its pretty damn loud and it is my first cab. it is a very good beginer cab. (total price with head £325, very good beginers deal id say)

paired with the head id say it has resonable ammount of tone (coming out of a cheap P300 Stagg P-Bass with Seymour Duncan bassline pickups using fingers) so should sound nice with a more expensive bass.

if i woz gonna get a new cab shud i get GK or a Warwick?

cliff_bass player
10-17-2005, 08:16 AM
my skools got it the warwick for a great price i dunno how they got it for that price to i dunno but all i know is i want 1 for the same price... my skool got a new amp because the ancient fender they had had been blown up 1 to many times and just in the end died...
hey primus u follow the viper do u?
give me ur email and ill have some1 to talk to bout it

cliff

PainKiller8191
10-18-2005, 02:47 AM
i want an avatar cab....is there any site where u can order them?
EDIT: to isreal

Alma
10-19-2005, 01:43 AM
cliff: my email is in my profile. Add me on msn.