PDA

View Full Version : I'm back... with a suprise

Brak
09-12-2005, 09:13 PM
So, I'm back... for a little while at least.

I'm trying to revive The Drum Report (http://drumreport.com) again. Things are finally slowing down a bit at home so I'll have a little bit of extra time on my hands... but the I still need people to write articles!

Here's the deal: Write an article, win $50 (http://drumreport.com/archives/write-an-article-earn-50/). The details are there, but I'll repost them here:

Itís September and this site hasnít been updated in the better part of a year. But thatís about to change.

In an effort to bring The Drum Report back to life Iím offering a prize of $50 to the best article or lesson submitted to me before the end of October. Itís that simple.

Hereís the rules:

* Your article must be submitted to me, via email ([removed due to spam]) between September 12, 2005 and October 31, 2005
* The winning article will be published to the Drum Report (under the authorís name) and exist as long as this site does.
* The winner will recieve payment in the form of a $50 gift certificate to your drum shop of choice*
* The article may be a lesson, a review, an interview - whatever you want.
* The article must be solely the authorís work and cite all sources used.

The criteria for the winning article is solely up to me. Quite honestly, I donít even know the critera. Your articles must be gramatically correct and interesting to read. Just think about what you look for in things that you read. Donít sound like a dictionary, and donít sound like a 12 year old girl.

If I do not recieve an article worthy of publishing, I reserve the right to withdraw the offer. I do not expect this to happen.

* In the event that I cannot purchase a gift certificate to the drum shop of your choice, payment will be made via PayPal.

Any other articles that I think are worthy might win some extra cash as well.. depends on the caliber of articles I get submitted :)

The bottom line: I really think something like The Drum Report has a lot to gain right now. I've got a fairly large dedicated readership right now (~5k visits a month, 72k hits a month) and that's almost soley off people coming from search engines. If I can boost the article output to a couple a month or more, through dedicated authors I think I'll have a chance to get something really good going.

In recent times drumming mags like MD have started to suck-*** in a terrible way. I'm starting to actually *read* the articles in Maxim instead of sitting down with my MD. It's disgraceful. There's room out there for some great writing about drumming and not just spewing BS about the latest company that sent you a $3,000 snare.

poppinfresh
09-12-2005, 09:36 PM
so youre jsut looking for a decent review or something? i might go for this and maybe ill write a few more when i have time just to help out.

is there anything you are looking for like more drumhead reviews or more cymbal reviews or anything?

Brokensticks
09-12-2005, 10:03 PM
What kind of reviews would you like?? Like comparing different drums to one another and such?

Brak
09-12-2005, 10:07 PM
I'm looking for all sorts of things. But honestly, I'm going to pick (the one to win at least) the article / review / whatever that interests me most, and that I think other drummers will be interested in most.

If you'd like an example review, look at this one: http://drumreport.com/archives/studiokans-isolation-earphones/

Brokensticks
09-12-2005, 10:08 PM
O ok can we send in more then one if we would like?

Brak
09-12-2005, 10:09 PM
Sure, send in as many as you like. But remember I'm going for quality more than quantity.

Chippy569
09-12-2005, 10:11 PM
what email address are we sending things to? i've got some reviews to get out there...

Seafroggys
09-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Ill just submit reviews I did in the equipment forums :lol:

Brokensticks
09-12-2005, 10:14 PM
the e mail is Kneath@gmail.com

Aaron
09-12-2005, 10:22 PM
what if we didn't use sources? ie. wrote a guide for newbies like i did previously?

EDIT: Sick Brak!

Brak
09-12-2005, 10:26 PM
It's fine if you didn't use any sources - I just don't want any copyright infrigement / plagerism on the site - that's all.

Half Life
09-12-2005, 10:37 PM
Yay, free money. I'm down :naughty:

Aaron
09-12-2005, 11:10 PM
i've emailed ya brak! enjoy..

Johnboat
09-13-2005, 07:41 AM
Dude this is an excellent site. If I weren't so lazy I'd help ya :). Of course I'm still trying to learn all the basics myself.

Brokensticks
09-13-2005, 08:46 AM
^^^ LOL 50$ im going to be writing an article everyday!!! lol

Johnboat
09-13-2005, 12:39 PM
I think only one person wins $50 once.

Brak
09-13-2005, 07:13 PM
I think only one person wins $50 once.

Yep. But to clarify, I'm not looking for articles-on-the-cheap per-se. I wouldn't mind giving away money for good articles / whatever on a regular basis if I found a few good people to write for me (hint: paid authors)

Brokensticks
09-13-2005, 08:08 PM
If we win how is it the giftcard is being delivered to us....? I told my dad about it and told him i was going to write something but for some reason he thinks maybe you are preying on little children which i am not but he thnik you just want to get our mailing address.. ..

I myself do not believe this but to make him happy is there another way?? LOL I wont win anyways but wondering.. And dont flame me for this its my dad

Brak
09-13-2005, 08:21 PM
Well, most online music stores allow electronic gift certificates (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/shop/ecert/) so I wouldn't need a mailing address.

Brokensticks
09-13-2005, 08:31 PM
O sweet thanks that'll cheer him up LOL

Music rockS
09-13-2005, 10:57 PM
Nice to see you back. I had an article already written, so I think I may send it over to you just cause.

Great idea for the incentive, by the way.

sleepless
09-16-2005, 06:58 AM
Just a few silly questions...is this an actual publication? Because if it is I might very well have an incredible interview that I can get from a local band here that's about to break out.

Carn
09-16-2005, 07:34 AM
which reminds me to finish up my Brann Dailor interview, hehe :)

sleepless
09-16-2005, 07:49 AM
Dailor from Mastodon? Bah.

Carn
09-16-2005, 10:16 AM
he rocks :)

sleepless
09-19-2005, 08:50 AM
Yes, indeed. So much for my winning.

Brak
10-27-2005, 07:12 PM
Just a few silly questions...is this an actual publication? Because if it is I might very well have an incredible interview that I can get from a local band here that's about to break out.

Sorry, forgot about this thread for a while. Define actual publication. Is it an established online presence? Yes. Is it a printed publication? No. Take a look for yourself. I'm going to actually keep updating it regularly start November.

Reminder: Only a few more days left!