PDA

View Full Version : Queen

classicrockman
09-03-2005, 07:10 PM
Any Queen fans out there? I'm not talking about "We will rock you" fans, I'm talking about real Queen fans.

Their first three albums were three of the best albums produced in the 70's (IMO). I own 16 albums, and Brian May is one of my favorite guitar fans.

List any Queen questions, comments, critizm, flaming, appreciation stuff here.

ROCK ON QUEEN!!!!

wrathchild88
09-03-2005, 07:22 PM
I'm not a fan personally, but my friend saw them play in Hyde Park, London in June and apparently it was still awesome.

Good to see them still rockin'!

classicrockman
09-03-2005, 07:24 PM
I'm not a fan personally, but my friend saw them play in Hyde Park, London in June and apparently it was still awesome.

Good to see them still rockin'!
Yeah, I know. I'm anxious to hear them with Paul Rodgers.

AA-12
09-03-2005, 07:25 PM
I love Queen. Freddie Mercury - A God among singers.

classicrockman
09-03-2005, 07:29 PM
I really thought everyone in Queen should be a god among fellow players.

Roger Taylor is my favorite drummer.

thickasabrick
09-03-2005, 07:45 PM
I really like Queen. Brian May was a brilliant guitarist.

classicrockman
09-03-2005, 07:49 PM
I really like Queen. Brian May was a brilliant guitarist.
Have you heard the song "Brighton Rock?"

For me that song was better than Van Halen's "Eruption."

thickasabrick
09-03-2005, 07:54 PM
Have you heard the song "Brighton Rock?"

For me that song was better than Van Halen's "Eruption."

I've heard hundreds of songs better than Eruption. But no, actually, I don't think I have heard Brighton Rock. What album is it from?

Fish
09-03-2005, 07:54 PM
meh, they are okay, some stuff is kind of weird though

classicrockman
09-03-2005, 07:56 PM
meh, they are okay, some stuff is kind of weird though
Like...

Glitterati
09-03-2005, 08:02 PM
Queen are definitely one of my favorite bands. I like the mix of the flamboyancy and the straight-out heavy metal. Great songs, by great musicians.

Five Magics
09-03-2005, 08:18 PM
I love Queen, one of the most diverse bands ever. They are the ONLY band to have each member of their group write a number 1 song. Queen was one of my first bands I ever got into back in the day.

classicrockman
09-03-2005, 08:48 PM
Okay, simple question: Favorite Queen Album?

I know I'm gonna get flooded with 'A Night at the Operas' but my favorite is 'Sheer Heart Attack.' 'Queen I' was also a good album.

Five Magics
09-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Favourite: News of the World

temporary
09-03-2005, 09:23 PM
I'm a bit of a Queen fan, although not much. Freddie Mercury was amazing, though, and Brian May wasn't half bad either. A freind of mine's dad is a huge fan, so I can probably borrow som albums from him.

classicrockman
09-03-2005, 09:26 PM
I'm a bit of a Queen fan, although not much. Freddie Mercury was amazing, though, and Brian May wasn't half bad either. A freind of mine's dad is a huge fan, so I can probably borrow som albums from him.
Get the albums that these people are listing.

blue3
09-03-2005, 09:26 PM
I like Queen. I like alot of their albums. Right now my favorites are News of the World and A Day at the Races.

classicrockman
09-03-2005, 09:28 PM
I like Queen. I like alot of their albums. Right now my favorites are News of the World and A Day at the Races.
"Tie Your Mother Down" kicks ***.

I heard Silvertide cover that on the new Queen covers album, it's actually pretty darn good.

GN'R-1
09-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Queen's awsome, but they could use a bit more guitar solos.

IbanezSamurai
09-03-2005, 10:04 PM
I love Queen

BludgeonySteve
09-03-2005, 10:05 PM
Queen's awsome, but they could use a bit more guitar solos.

They already have one in almost every song.

no compromise2
09-03-2005, 10:06 PM
Queen is great. I like Another one Bites the Dust.

classicrockman
09-03-2005, 10:15 PM
I love Queen
So the guys who love Queen, what's your favorite song?

1) Great King Rat
2) Brighton Rock
3) The March of the Black Queen
4) Boheimn Rhapsody
5) Ogre Battle

There's mine, post yours:

Five Magics
09-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Some favourites:

I Want it All
It's Late
Sleeping on the Sidewalk
Innuendo
Who Wants to Live Forever

classicrockman
09-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Some favourites:

I Want it All
It's Late
Sleeping on the Sidewalk
Innuendo
Who Wants to Live Forever
I think you should listen to earlier Queen. Late Queen was alright, but go get yourself copies of 'Queen I' 'Queen II' and 'Sheer Heart Attack.'

Trust me, you'll really enjoy them. Espicially if you play guitar or drums.

bibbl
09-03-2005, 10:34 PM
I like Queen, though I haven't heard very much of them. Can anybody recommend a good album to get? I've only heard some stuff off the Flash Soundtrack and some stuff that everyone's heard (another one bites the dust, bohemian rhapsody, we will rock you, etc.).

Five Magics
09-03-2005, 10:36 PM
Funny thing is I do play drums and guitar, and I do have there first three albums as you suggested. Have you heard the 'Queen at the BBC or Beeb' version of 'Son & Daughter'? I think it is amazing, especially how May introduces the Brighton Rock riffs.

classicrockman
09-03-2005, 10:39 PM
Funny thing is I do play drums and guitar, and I do have there first three albums as you suggested. Have you heard the 'Queen at the BBC or Beeb' version of 'Son & Daughter'? I think it is amazing, especially how May introduces the Brighton Rock riffs.
I don't know I guess I think the first 3 albums are better than anything else Queen's done. But that's just my opinion.

The live albums I have are 'Live Killers' and 'Live at Wembley.'

adioviva
09-03-2005, 10:53 PM
boho rhaposide is T0ta11y kickarse, theyre not from canada like rush is

i see a little sillouette of a man
got a mouse got a moose
gotta do the can can

the blah blah lighting
very very enlightening

HEEE!

Galilio

GALILIO
galifo
FIGERO HO HO ho....

thunderzstruck
09-03-2005, 10:58 PM
I love queen

killer queen is an awesome song

classicrockman
09-03-2005, 11:39 PM
I love queen

killer queen is an awesome song
Yeah, that's one of my favorites. :thumb:

adioviva
09-03-2005, 11:40 PM
Me too!

bibbl
09-03-2005, 11:41 PM
I've never heard it. I'll try and download it.

classicrockman
09-03-2005, 11:42 PM
I always sing along to the lyrics to "Killer Queen."

bibbl
09-03-2005, 11:44 PM
NP: Killer Queen

Sweet so far.

adioviva
09-03-2005, 11:45 PM
I only know the line about laser beems

bibbl
09-03-2005, 11:48 PM
That was an awesome song. You guys were right.

I like in the solo, when the keyboard? starts doing little hits and the vocals are doing something and the guitar solo's going on. Nice.

PepsiMetal
09-03-2005, 11:48 PM
I like a little bit of queen but Im not much of a fan. I like Im in love with my car and we are the champions. :p

Titties_n_Beer
09-04-2005, 12:09 AM
i'm in live with my car is a mint song. 70's queen was the best... synthesiser killed it for them i think.

blue3
09-04-2005, 12:37 AM
"Tie Your Mother Down" kicks ***.

I heard Silvertide cover that on the new Queen covers album, it's actually pretty darn good.Silvertide covered that song? That's awesome. What's the covers album called?

adioviva
09-04-2005, 12:39 AM
I know Queen isn't around anymore, but I really think Kanye West is carrying queens torch, so to speak

but not chuck norris :chug: heres to queen, kanye, substance abuse, and chuck norris

rhcp pman
09-04-2005, 01:47 AM
Yes, they're such an underrated band. Brian May is a very good guitarist indeed. Personally, I think he is the best guitar soloist ever - just not the best guitarist ever.

Joe
09-04-2005, 01:54 AM
I really like Queen, except I really don't like how they have their greatest hits on one cd and then their other greatest hits has bohemian rhapsody. Brian May is an extremely underrated guitarist and Freddie's vocals are amazing

Jacaranda
09-04-2005, 01:57 AM
Under Pressure Vocals > All Others

I get off on that song everytime I hear it.

CarvinShredder
09-04-2005, 02:33 AM
I love them :D Always headbanging on their music in the car with my dad ( Especially We Will Rock You and we are the champions )

blue3
09-04-2005, 02:35 AM
Can't forget Bohemian Rhapsody.

CarvinShredder
09-04-2005, 02:36 AM
Of course not :D

Prince of Darkness
09-04-2005, 05:20 AM
If you like Queen, you've got to like Bicycle Race.Amazing Song.

I've got the Live At Wembley DVD, and the Brian May Solo on that is fukn nice. Watch it.

rippa32
09-04-2005, 07:33 AM
I like Queen never was a HUGE fan. My favourite is either Fat Bottomed Girls or Killer Queen. Ive always thought Brian May's guitar playing was very simple.

dr._feelgood
09-04-2005, 09:46 AM
Can't forget Bohemian Rhapsody.
That scene in Wayne's World is one of the greatest scenes in cinema.

Spiney_Norman
09-04-2005, 10:18 AM
I love fat-bottomed girls. :naughty:
Queen are brilliant; bizarre lyrics with great music. I'm not too sure about Paul Rodgers singing though, he doesn't really suit the songs.

Glitterati
09-04-2005, 10:20 AM
As huge as it is, We Are The Champions is still such a great song. Especially the last minute or so.

classicrockman
09-04-2005, 11:15 AM
That scene in Wayne's World is one of the greatest scenes in cinema.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was hilarious.

rockinbass17
09-04-2005, 11:33 AM
As huge as it is, We Are The Champions is still such a great song. Especially the last minute or so.

Brian May's guitar parts are so creative in that song. He really has a very original sound.

classicrockman
09-04-2005, 11:51 AM
Brian May's guitar parts are so creative in that song. He really has a very original sound.
I think a part of that was that in the 70's and 80's, rock bands either played Fender or Gibson guitars. Brian played a Burns Red Special guitar.

And while everyone else was using Marshall amps, he used Vox Amplification.

classicrockman
09-04-2005, 01:03 PM
C'mon, no one wants to talk about Queen?

So what if Freddie Mercury was gay, Rob Halford's gay and you guys always talk about Judas Priest. :lol:

rippa32
09-05-2005, 01:22 AM
I love fat-bottomed girls. :naughty:
Queen are brilliant; bizarre lyrics with great music. I'm not too sure about Paul Rodgers singing though, he doesn't really suit the songs.

Who's Paul Rodgers?

blue3
09-05-2005, 03:00 AM
The guy singing for Queen's tour this year.. I think.

shamed-angel
09-05-2005, 04:08 AM
Any Queen fans out there? I'm not talking about "We will rock you" fans, I'm talking about real Queen fans.

Their first three albums were three of the best albums produced in the 70's (IMO). I own 16 albums, and Brian May is one of my favorite guitar fans.

List any Queen questions, comments, critizm, flaming, appreciation stuff here.

ROCK ON QUEEN!!!!
My favourite Queen album is Queen II, that album is fucking incredible. If all their music were like that, I'm sure that people would name-check them next to Yes, Genesis, King Crimson and such. A very prog album, but I do also like what they did later in their career.
An amazing band.

classicrockman
09-05-2005, 10:58 AM
My favourite Queen album is Queen II, that album is fucking incredible. If all their music were like that, I'm sure that people would name-check them next to Yes, Genesis, King Crimson and such. A very prog album, but I do also like what they did later in their career.
An amazing band.
Queen I and II I'd consider progressive rock along with the names of Kansas and those bands you mentioned.

Although we'd like more people to play music like that, It'll never happen. Too many bands now do the same old intro-verse-chorus-verse-chorus song.

Favorite Track: The March Of The Black Queen :thumb:

shad3
09-05-2005, 10:59 AM
did anyone happen to see the brianmay/roger tayler and paul rodgers tour?
-it was featured in the march 2005 guitar world

Parradiddle Pete
09-05-2005, 10:59 AM
I went to see Queen and Paul Rodgers at te NEC Arena in Birmingham. Absoloutly amazing :thumb:

classicrockman
09-05-2005, 11:01 AM
did anyone happen to see the brianmay/roger tayler and paul rodgers tour?
-it was featured in the march 2005 guitar world
No...did you?

They did like, a few shows in London. Then one in New Jersey, and another in Los Angeles. Hopefully they'll have a world tour. :thumb:

Five Magics
09-05-2005, 11:11 AM
Anyone hear the fast version of 'We Will Rock You'? I think it's amazing

Parradiddle Pete
09-05-2005, 11:18 AM
They'vebin doing that for ages, its not new, I think that te fast WWRY awhen tey played the bowl milton keynes was fantastic. I like the new, slower version of
ammer to fall tat htey are doing and Say Its Not True lets Roger Taylor show off his amzing vocals

classicrockman
09-05-2005, 11:35 AM
They'vebin doing that for ages, its not new, I think that te fast WWRY awhen tey played the bowl milton keynes was fantastic. I like the new, slower version of
ammer to fall tat htey are doing and Say Its Not True lets Roger Taylor show off his amzing vocals
Roger sings amazingly on "Tenement Funster" and "I'm in Love with my Car."

DeusExMachina
09-05-2005, 11:40 AM
My friend saw them in London, first show of the new tour. I'm jealous.

Please learn to type more coherently. I don't mean to be rude, but it will save you a LOT of hassle from members of this forum. Incoherency in typing is generally frowned upon.

classicrockman
09-05-2005, 11:48 AM
Who's Paul Rodgers?
Paul Rodgers: Ex-singer of Free and Bad Company.

Everyone gives him **** because they don't think he'll be as good as Freddie Mercury...but no one will. I'm anxious to hear Queen with Rodgers.

nowitzki
09-05-2005, 11:50 AM
My favourite albums are Queen II and A Day At The Races.
Its a shame that so many people have heard of Queen and call themselves fans but don't really seem to apreiciate what the band was really about, especially in the early days.
Everyone should listen to the Millionnaire Waltz, it is one of the most, erm..., well just listen to it, it's quite unique, an amazing song.

And although I'm not such a big fan of their later albums, I must say Innuendo is excellent.

classicrockman
09-05-2005, 12:10 PM
My favourite albums are Queen II and A Day At The Races.
Its a shame that so many people have heard of Queen and call themselves fans but don't really seem to apreiciate what the band was really about, especially in the early days.
Everyone should listen to the Millionnaire Waltz, it is one of the most, erm..., well just listen to it, it's quite unique, an amazing song.

And although I'm not such a big fan of their later albums, I must say Innuendo is excellent.
I love that mid-section part where the piano goes da-da-dum-da-da-dum, then Brian May comes in and does this awesome solo lick. Then it gets doubled. That's such an awesome song!

juggalotricksta
09-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Queen is such an awesome band...Freddie is one of the greatest frontmen of all time, and Brian May is such an under rated guitarist. I have a few of their albums and their "Live at the Bowl" DVD. Definitely worth buying!

Favorite songs include:

The Hero
Dont Stop Me Now
Under Pressure
Fat Bottom Girls
Play The Game

...and the almighty Bohemian Rhapsody

Seafroggys
09-05-2005, 01:59 PM
I really need to dig into Queen more, don't know much, but my favorite tracks are:

Killer Queen
Radio Ga-ga (correct title?)
Bicycle
Flash

Anyway, here's a little question? What's you favorite section of Bohemian Rhapsody (the ballad first movement, the, er, operatic second movement, or the metal third movement).

Personally I like the ballad section the best (that guitar solo at the end kicks ***) and the metal section, but I don't care much for the middle. IMO that parts a tad bit overrated, and thats the only part people tend to go crazy about.

classicrockman
09-05-2005, 02:36 PM
I really need to dig into Queen more, don't know much, but my favorite tracks are:

Killer Queen
Radio Ga-ga (correct title?)
Bicycle
Flash

Anyway, here's a little question? What's you favorite section of Bohemian Rhapsody (the ballad first movement, the, er, operatic second movement, or the metal third movement).

Personally I like the ballad section the best (that guitar solo at the end kicks ***) and the metal section, but I don't care much for the middle. IMO that parts a tad bit overrated, and thats the only part people tend to go crazy about.
The guitar solo, the headbanging section, and at the end when Freddie says "Nothing really matters...to me." "Anywhere the wind blows." Gooshghsg!!!!! Then Roger hits the gong.

I'm gonna listen to that song right now. :)

BludgeonySteve
09-05-2005, 08:20 PM
I tend to just listen to songs and not pick every little bit of them apart. So I don't know.

classicrockman
09-05-2005, 08:24 PM
I tend to just listen to songs and not pick every little bit of them apart. So I don't know.
Are you a fan of Queen?

NEVRMORE2
09-05-2005, 08:26 PM

So what if Freddie Mercury was gay, Rob Halford's gay and you guys always talk about Judas Priest. :lol:
actually...i dont think iv seen a judas priest thread i like queen though i like fat bottom girls, bohemian rhapsody we are the champions i really like highlander because of the soundtrack.

Distant Echoes
09-05-2005, 08:28 PM
As long as the queen thread is here...Today is Freddie Mercurys birthday.

I do believe he was the best singer to ever live too.
/needs more queen albums

classicrockman
09-05-2005, 08:32 PM
As long as the queen thread is here...Today is Freddie Mercurys birthday.

I do believe he was the best singer to ever live too.
/needs more queen albums
:D I didn't know it was Freddie's birthday. Here's my favorite singers:

1) Bon Scott
2) Freddie Mercury
3) Ronnie James Dio
4) Chris Cornell
5) Ian Gillan
6) Ozzy Osbourne
7) Bruce Dickinson
8) James LaBrie
9) Jimi Hendrix (underrated vocalist)
10) David Coverdale

Hollywood Rose
09-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Queen is sweet!

bibbl
09-05-2005, 10:45 PM
:D I didn't know it was Freddie's birthday. Here's my favorite singers:

1) Bon Scott
2) Freddie Mercury
3) Ronnie James Dio
4) Chris Cornell
5) Ian Gillan
6) Ozzy Osbourne
7) Bruce Dickinson
8) James LaBrie
9) Jimi Hendrix (underrated vocalist)
10) David Coverdale

Who are they? The rest of those guys are awesome, though.

Crap, I have to go back to school tomorrow.

blue3
09-05-2005, 10:59 PM
Happy birthday to Freddie Mercury. I got the Guitar Legends Queen magazine today :)

blue3
09-05-2005, 11:07 PM

Crap, I have to go back to school tomorrow.Ronnie James Dio - Black Sabbath
Ian Gillan - Deep Purple
Bruce Dickinson - Iron Maiden
James LaBrie - DT

...School started in Sept 1 for me which sucks.

Five Magics
09-05-2005, 11:17 PM
Anyone hear the 2 songs from Sheer Heart Attack: "In the lap of the Gods" & "In the lap of the Gods...revisited"? I like the second version better, but they are both great.

Jean Chrétien
09-05-2005, 11:17 PM

freddie mercury was gay? :confused:

watch the slander, amigo

rhcp pman
09-06-2005, 02:44 AM

Crap, I have to go back to school tomorrow.
Bruce Dickinson=Iron Maiden... Mercury and Dickinson are imo, the 2 greatest rock/metal singers ever.

BludgeonySteve
09-06-2005, 11:05 AM
Are you a fan of Queen?

Yes. What the hell kind of question is that?

dr._feelgood
09-06-2005, 11:56 AM
freddie mercury was gay?

watch the slander, amigo
You're kidding, right?

bibbl
09-06-2005, 05:23 PM
freddie mercury was gay? :confused:

watch the slander, amigo

Actually, that's a fact. I thought everyone knew that.

classicrockman
09-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Yes. What the hell kind of question is that?
Sorry...I wasn't very specific.

What's everyone's favorite Queen song? I've said it once and I'll say it again, "Great King Rat." Yours.......................................:

rockinbass17
09-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Another One Bites the Dust. Mainstream, I know, but don't care.My fav'.

BludgeonySteve
09-06-2005, 07:23 PM
I can't decide :(

classicrockman
09-06-2005, 07:43 PM
I can't decide :(
Pick one that hasn't mentioned so much.

nowitzki
09-07-2005, 10:03 AM
Again I may have to say the Millionnaire Waltz, and I also like Liar, You and I, 39, the list goes on.

classicrockman
09-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Again I may have to say the Millionnaire Waltz, and I also like Liar, You and I, 39, the list goes on.
:evil: Liar :evil:

That's an awesome song!

dr._feelgood
09-09-2005, 06:25 PM
My favorite Queen song would be Don't Stop Me Now :cool:

NP: Killer Queen :thumb:

Big J
09-09-2005, 08:59 PM
cant say im a huge fan but i think they're gr8

fave songs are 'save me', 'now i'm here' and 'somebody to love'

Seafroggys
09-09-2005, 10:05 PM
I was always under the presumption that Freddie was bi.

dr._feelgood
09-09-2005, 10:15 PM
No way, his stage persona set the stereotype for the flamboyantly awesome gay guy.

classicrockman
09-09-2005, 10:23 PM
To me, I can't say that's important.

Like I said earlier, Freddie Mercury and Rob Halford are both gay but they write amazing songs and they kick ***!

When I listen to Queen I'm not focusing in on Freddie's lyrics, (more on Brian May's guitar playing) I focusing on the music as a whole. And as a whole, they were one of the best bands in Rock N' Roll.

I'm not dissing you guys or anything, I'm just throwing out my opnion.

dr._feelgood
09-10-2005, 09:21 AM
I don't care that Freddie was gay, he was still the greatest frontman in the history of rock music.

Big J
09-10-2005, 09:53 PM
wow that's a big call. He was very good but not the best

bibbl
09-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Actually, he was bi.

I read a bio on him and it said that he had a girlfriend for 6 years and when he finally told her he was bisexual she decided she didn't want to have a relationship with him, though they still remained close friends until Freddie's death.

In fact he left her his house in his will.

That doesn't matter to me, though, he's still my favorite vocalist.

dr._feelgood
09-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Yeah I guess I was exaggerating a bit. But Freddie's definately up there. He had an amazing voice and great stage presence. Most frontman have either one or the other.

angusmaster
09-10-2005, 11:15 PM
I didnt know freddy was a bisexual,i always thought he was just a homosexual,anyways,i aint a huge queen fan,but i do think they are pretty cool,although i have gotten into more bands since then and i dont listen to them as much as i use to.

Seafroggys
09-10-2005, 11:28 PM
Yeah I was pretty sure Freddie was bi, as he had a girlfriend for awhile.

But whatever, he kicked ***, and he amazes me even more when I watch the INXS show on CBS and see people who are great singers try and sing We Are the Champions but fall flat. That showcases his immense lung power.

Doctor Night
09-11-2005, 05:13 AM
Under Pressure
Innuendo
Hammer to Fall

Has anybody seen the Musical apart from me, I watched it in the dominion theatre in London, Very good actually

P.s Daltrey has written an opera

classicrockman
09-11-2005, 09:32 AM
Under Pressure
Innuendo
Hammer to Fall

Has anybody seen the Musical apart from me, I watched it in the dominion theatre in London, Very good actually

P.s Daltrey has written an opera
No...not into that kind of stuff, but if it was Queen and was good that's pretty cool.

Roger Waters has "The Wall" out now as a broadway play.

KillTheEmo101
09-11-2005, 11:10 AM
Hope im not the only person in the entire universe who wakes up to under pressure every morning :)

classicrockman
09-11-2005, 04:30 PM
Hope im not the only person in the entire universe who wakes up to under pressure every morning :)
Apparently so.

rockinbass17
09-11-2005, 05:11 PM

I saw it when I was in London. I thought it was pretty cool, all great vocalists. Funny,too. But the storyline was a direct rip off of Rush's 2112.
Still, I thoght it was good.

Jacaranda
09-11-2005, 05:14 PM
I saw it when I was in London. I thought it was pretty cool, all great vocalists. Funny,too. But the storyline was a direct rip off of Rush's 2112.
Still, I thoght it was good.
Is it the one with Mig from Rockstar: INXS? (The play I mean)

rockinbass17
09-11-2005, 05:17 PM
I'm not sure, I've never seen INXS.

Walrus Gumboot
09-11-2005, 06:19 PM

I think I have

Lately it's been The Grateful Dead's Live Europe '72 version of Cumberland Blues. I'm getting sick of it, though.

blue3
09-11-2005, 10:59 PM
Is it the one with Mig from Rockstar: INXS? (The play I mean)I'm not sure.. but I've seen Rockstar and he did a good job on "We Will Rock You"

The Real El Capitano
09-11-2005, 11:08 PM
my favorite songs are Under Pressure, Dont Stop Me Now, and Save me. I honestly belive Freddie Mercury was THE best singer to ever grace this planet with his presence. He had a 4 1/2 octave voice range as opposed to the normal human having about 2-3. He was absolutley amazing and it truley is one,if not THE biggest tradgedy of the music industry,and of the world.

Long live Freddie Mercury.

AIC/EAZY-E
09-12-2005, 05:09 AM
His singing is awesome on 'I'm in Love With my Car'. It doesn't sound like him normally. Really raw sounding.

nowitzki
09-12-2005, 07:44 AM
His singing is awesome on 'I'm in Love With my Car'. It doesn't sound like him normally. Really raw sounding.

Maybe because that song's sung by Roger Taylor :rolleyes:

bibbl
09-16-2005, 08:14 PM
Hey, my friend has A Night at the Opera and I'm wondering if it's a good CD or not, because I want him to burn it for me.

classicrockman
09-16-2005, 08:18 PM
Hey, my friend has A Night at the Opera and I'm wondering if it's a good CD or not, because I want him to burn it for me.
Absolutely...most say it's Queen's greatest work.

Even though I'm quick to say that 'Sheer Heart Attack' was the best. (IMO)

bibbl
09-16-2005, 08:39 PM
Absolutely...most say it's Queen's greatest work.

Even though I'm quick to say that 'Sheer Heart Attack' was the best. (IMO)

Cool, thanks.

Lord of Sword
09-16-2005, 09:28 PM
i've liked queen for as long as i can remember - my dad used to have all their records and used to play them in the car, so i've been listening to them ever since i was born.
i like their later albums more though, especially innuendo and made in heaven. i like the older songs but i prefer the direction they went with on the most recent albums and i like freddy's voice better. my favourite songs are probably a winter's tale, love of my life, spread your wings, scandal, in my defence, and life is real.

appreciate_it
09-16-2005, 11:21 PM
im somebody to love. i love it. seven seas to. our band did bohemian rhapsody at the beginning of the year to.

Parradiddle Pete
09-17-2005, 02:25 AM
I saw We Will Rock You, very good, the storys not te best but it feautures well sung queen music, Very god musical, i suggest going to see it. My favourite Queen song has to be Stone Cold Crazy. My live favourites are Tie your mother down, the Hero, Love of my Life and Staying Power :D

classicrockman
09-17-2005, 01:43 PM
i've liked queen for as long as i can remember - my dad used to have all their records and used to play them in the car, so i've been listening to them ever since i was born.
i like their later albums more though, especially innuendo and made in heaven. i like the older songs but i prefer the direction they went with on the most recent albums and i like freddy's voice better. my favourite songs are probably a winter's tale, love of my life, spread your wings, scandal, in my defence, and life is real.
"Spread Your Wings" is one of my favorites too.

Such great lyrics.

robo2448
09-17-2005, 01:44 PM
Is Queen with Paul Rodger's any good. My friend got tickets, should I go?

classicrockman
09-17-2005, 01:48 PM
I'd go. As long as Queen's there...I wouldn't worry about the "replacing Freddie Mercury" issue so much.

Speaking of which, Queen is set to release a double-disc live CD with Paul Rodgers called 'Return of the Champions.'

scenesfromatheater
09-17-2005, 03:04 PM
The best album is Sheer Heart Attack

nowitzki
09-17-2005, 03:05 PM

I wouldn't personally if the tickets are £50 each like they were here. They seemed to get quite poor reviews, and theres many bands I'd prefer to see that are still at the top of their game.
Brian and Roger should just lay the Queen name to rest, but they seem to be sqeezing every last penny out of it they can. If they want to still tour then that's fine, but going under the name Queen is a stupid.

El_Goodo
09-17-2005, 03:27 PM
I wouldn't personally if the tickets are £50 each like they were here. They seemed to get quite poor reviews, and theres many bands I'd prefer to see that are still at the top of their game.
Brian and Roger should just lay the Queen name to rest, but they seem to be sqeezing every last penny out of it they can. If they want to still tour then that's fine, but going under the name Queen is a stupid.

He said his friend already has tickets, and all the reviews I've read are good. And how are they squeezing every last penny out of the Queen name by waiting over 10 years too go back under that name? They've said many times Paul Rodgers is not meant to replace Freddie no one can.

nowitzki
09-17-2005, 03:55 PM
He said his friend already has tickets, and all the reviews I've read are good. And how are they squeezing every last penny out of the Queen name by waiting over 10 years too go back under that name? They've said many times Paul Rodgers is not meant to replace Freddie no one can.

Well releasing a musical for a start. And here in the UK I remember a few months ago there was a TV show where current pop stars paid tribute to Queen, and it made me sick. I think there were people like Westlife and Atomic kitten (I'm not sure because I couldn't stand watching it). It was a disgrace and an embarressment to all the bands amazing work. The only fitting tribute to Queen happened in 92 at Wembley stadium with the Freddie Mercurt Tribute concert (which was superb, I have it on VHS).

El_Goodo
09-17-2005, 04:09 PM
Well releasing a musical for a start. And here in the UK I remember a few months ago there was a TV show where current pop stars paid tribute to Queen, and it made me sick. I think there were people like Westlife and Atomic kitten (I'm not sure because I couldn't stand watching it). It was a disgrace and an embarressment to all the bands amazing work. The only fitting tribute to Queen happened in 92 at Wembley stadium with the Freddie Mercurt Tribute concert (which was superb, I have it on VHS).

Im sure Freddie would be apposed to having a queen musical and people singing his songs. :rolleyes:

7SOR
09-17-2005, 04:16 PM
Well releasing a musical for a start. And here in the UK I remember a few months ago there was a TV show where current pop stars paid tribute to Queen, and it made me sick. I think there were people like Westlife and Atomic kitten (I'm not sure because I couldn't stand watching it). It was a disgrace and an embarressment to all the bands amazing work. ).

Now I'll admit I've never been a big Queen fan,but I do respect them for what they accomplished and Freddy,yes he had an AMAZING vocal range.No one could replace him.I hate it when some teeny bopper pop group try to immatate one of the biggest names in rock history.Prime example,I watched Shania Twain make a complete mockery of AC/Dc's "You shook me all night long"..An udder disgrace.

blue3
09-17-2005, 07:37 PM
Shania Twain sang an AC/DC song? That's horrible.

Seafroggys
09-17-2005, 08:00 PM
I thought it was Celine Dion.

Anyways, they could do something like Queen Recrowned or something like that, instead fo going on the old name (like the Doors have done).

Walrus Gumboot
09-17-2005, 08:23 PM
Has anyone seen that Reno 911 when someone told that cop that he looked like Freddy Murcury? :lol:

I used to listen to Queen more than anything, I still love them

NP: The Prophet's Song

Jacaranda
09-17-2005, 08:26 PM
I think Prophet's Song is my new favorite Queen song its so cool.

bibbl
09-17-2005, 10:40 PM
I thought it was Celine Dion.

Anyways, they could do something like Queen Recrowned or something like that, instead fo going on the old name (like the Doors have done).

No it was Shania Twain. I saw it on VH1's Top 40 (I think it was 40) Least Metal Moments. It was sick.

fixme
09-17-2005, 11:05 PM
i love queen dearly

dr._feelgood
09-17-2005, 11:17 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bibbl
No it was Shania Twain. I saw it on VH1's Top 40 (I think it was 40) Least Metal Moments. It was sick.
No that was Celine Dion. I watched that too. It was awful.

Seafroggys
09-18-2005, 12:56 AM
Well, I don't care too much. Shania Twain is **** hot, so unless she butchures Imagine :angry: I don't care what she covers, I"ll still want to spank that ***.

Brokensticks
09-18-2005, 02:06 AM
Queen is one of the best bands ever!!!!

Parradiddle Pete
09-18-2005, 07:58 AM
Well its a good job that they're touring as 'Queen and Paul Rodgers' Isn't it :rolleyes:
They were absoloutly amazing when I went and saw them in may at th NEC arena. well worth it, nobody can replace freddie, paul has made the songs his own by adding in certain things

rockinbass17
09-18-2005, 12:23 PM
On the raidio they've been playing one of Queen and Paul Rodger's live recordings of Fat Bottom Girls. It's really good. I'm a fan of Rodgers.

Thor
09-18-2005, 12:44 PM
I was thinking about making a little dream team band the other day, and I decided that Freddie Mercury should do lead vocals. He's just the best singer. Ever.

And even though it's really over played, I can't stop listening to Another One Bites The Dust. It's just so catchy.

classicrockman
09-19-2005, 06:58 PM
The best album is Sheer Heart Attack
...yes.

I really think this Queen + Paul Rodgers thing is gonna work out. I could see them rockin' for at least 5 years.

BludgeonySteve
09-19-2005, 07:02 PM
Paul Roders is good enough to fill in for Freddie. Although it just wont be the same.

classicrockman
09-20-2005, 07:29 PM
Paul Roders is good enough to fill in for Freddie. Although it just wont be the same.
Yeah it won't.

But it's like when Brian Johnson had to replace Bon Scott for AC/DC. No matter who you get, no one can match Bon and Freddie. But people get close.

BludgeonySteve
09-20-2005, 07:36 PM
Yep.

I think that Paul Rodgers is a lot closer to Freddie than Brian Johnson was to Bon Scott.

classicrockman
09-20-2005, 08:40 PM
Yep.

I think that Paul Rodgers is a lot closer to Freddie than Brian Johnson was to Bon Scott.
Right.

IbanezSamurai
09-30-2005, 05:12 PM
Bump!

VH1 Classic is doing half hour of Queen videos right now :)

classicrockman
09-30-2005, 06:03 PM
Bump!

VH1 Classic is doing half hour of Queen videos right now :)
Awesome! But I don't have that channel anymore. :upset:

My favorite video is "Tie Your Mother Down."

in your honour
10-01-2005, 11:32 AM
a king among men

classicrockman
10-01-2005, 05:58 PM
Freddie = best

MRDuCran
10-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Ahh good ol' Queen. I have to learn a bunch of their songs for a college project. We're doing about 18 Queen and 18 Beatles songs all together with dancers for the whole thing too, should be good, especially watching the dancers.

classicrockman
10-01-2005, 06:22 PM
Ahh good ol' Queen. I have to learn a bunch of their songs for a college project. We're doing about 18 Queen and 18 Beatles songs all together with dancers for the whole thing too, should be good, especially watching the dancers.
:confused:

What kind of project is this? Is it a play or something? Sounds awesome and like a lot of fun though. :thumb:

Seafroggys
10-01-2005, 06:24 PM
Hopefully teh dancers are female.

classicrockman
10-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Right.

MRDuCran
10-01-2005, 06:36 PM
:confused:

What kind of project is this? Is it a play or something? Sounds awesome and like a lot of fun though. :thumb:

Just a show for fun but more importantly it's part of the course. I asked why we're doing it but got a weird answer.

Actually last year they had about 5 guys dancing, extremely gay looking as you would expect, I knew one of them from my secondary school, every boy hated him.
Not sure if they're coming back though.

Taste_My_Scythe
10-01-2005, 07:36 PM
It's about time there was a Queen thread! I'm a huge fan, and I own the Greatest Hits album. My favorite songs are Bicycle Race, Killer Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody and Fat Bottomed Girls. :thumb:

Seafroggys
10-01-2005, 08:15 PM
You're a big fan, and you just own a Greatest Hits album?

Kids these days.,...

Taste_My_Scythe
10-01-2005, 08:29 PM
I've listened to almost all of their songs....I just don't own it.

classicrockman
10-01-2005, 09:01 PM
It's about time there was a Queen thread! I'm a huge fan, and I own the Greatest Hits album. My favorite songs are Bicycle Race, Killer Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody and Fat Bottomed Girls. :thumb:
Thanks and your welcome! :thumb:

I recommend you listen to some old Queen. As my rants from 7 pages suggest. Old Queen (first 4 albums) IMO was the best.

MRDuCran
10-01-2005, 10:35 PM
I could play it on guitar but never bothered to learn it. I used to know the first 6 bars of the main piano theme too.

blue3
10-02-2005, 03:13 AM
I'm learning the solo on guitar right now. I don't know the whole song though.

zwemg8185
10-10-2005, 11:18 PM
did yall know that in "Another One Bites the Dust" there is a subliminal message when they say "another one bites the dust" , but if you play it backwards they say "it's fun to smoke marijuana.

blue3
10-11-2005, 12:23 AM
Yeah.. I heard about that a long time ago..

nowitzki
10-11-2005, 05:24 AM
did yall know that in "Another One Bites the Dust" there is a subliminal message when they say "another one bites the dust" , but if you play it backwards they say "it's fun to smoke marijuana.

That is actaully bull****, as are all of the so called subliminal messgaes, like Stairway to Heaven.

classicrockman
10-11-2005, 11:43 AM
That is actaully bull****, as are all of the so called subliminal messgaes, like Stairway to Heaven.
You're so right. All that subliminal message stuff is complete bull****. People just want attention. :rolleyes:

classicrockman
12-06-2005, 05:50 PM
I saw a thread on Queen earlier today that got closed, 'cause my thread was here first. So I'll bump this thread up if you guys want to talk about Queen.

Did everyone vote for Freddie Mercury in the singer's poll?

blue3
12-06-2005, 09:10 PM
I saw a thread on Queen earlier today that got closed, 'cause my thread was here first. So I'll bump this thread up if you guys want to talk about Queen.

Did everyone vote for Freddie Mercury in the singer's poll?I can't remember.. What poll was it?

classicrockman
12-06-2005, 09:34 PM
I can't remember.. What poll was it?
It was a while ago, it was probably poll A.

blue3
12-06-2005, 09:41 PM
Oh, then I voted for John Lennon. Freddie got 120 votes though.. so, yay.

nowitzki
12-07-2005, 03:27 AM

Did everyone vote for Freddie Mercury in the singer's poll?

Of course.

classicrockman
12-30-2005, 03:47 PM
I was stuck on picking between Freddie and Bruce. I went Bruce...I'm sticking close to my metal roots. But now that Freddie has won, Queen fans rejoice!

:chug: :smoke: :chug:

purplefeet
12-30-2005, 06:31 PM
You're a big fan, and you just own a Greatest Hits album?

Kids these days.,...

Haha, true say.

I wouldnt consider myself a huge fan of Queen but I love their music. I think they are great to listen to :)

blue3
12-31-2005, 02:23 AM
I was stuck on picking between Freddie and Bruce. I went Bruce...I'm sticking close to my metal roots. But now that Freddie has won, Queen fans rejoice!

:chug: :smoke: :chug:Yeah, it's great that he won.

..Not many Queen fans who post though :(

Jacaranda
12-31-2005, 02:24 AM
I like Queen, but I always feel awkward watching DVD's of Freddie playing in those white almost see through pants and no shirt.

BassVirtuoso
12-31-2005, 02:27 AM
I love the Prophet's Song and '39

Leper
12-31-2005, 02:33 AM
I love Queen, but agree with Jac. Freddie Mercury...incredible singer, but not exactly easy on the eyes.

blue3
12-31-2005, 02:47 AM
I like Queen, but I always feel awkward watching DVD's of Freddie playing in those white almost see through pants and no shirt.Ha, yeah you're right. I have one of their live DVDs.. 'Live at the Bowl'.

Jacaranda
12-31-2005, 02:51 AM
He looked even worse with the long hair. The whole band isn't handsome in any way except maybe John Deacon. Brian May needs to lose that hair....

blue3
12-31-2005, 02:56 AM
He'd look weird without the hair.

Jacaranda
12-31-2005, 03:05 AM
But its just so 80's and he still has it, and its yuck! Just so trashy.

Now that I think of it John Deacon is one cool guy in the DVD's right before he does a sweet bass line or what not he like licks his fingers. Plus he is just so, not Queen like. But I guess they were all cool, Freddie had his big mike stand that he carried around and Brian is cool cause he is so nasty at the guitar, and the drummer. Well who cares? Seriously he's a drummer.

Has any one seen Paul Rodgers and Queen I'm really interested to see how he is sounding.

classicrockman
12-31-2005, 12:44 PM
But its just so 80's and he still has it, and its yuck! Just so trashy.

Now that I think of it John Deacon is one cool guy in the DVD's right before he does a sweet bass line or what not he like licks his fingers. Plus he is just so, not Queen like. But I guess they were all cool, Freddie had his big mike stand that he carried around and Brian is cool cause he is so nasty at the guitar, and the drummer. Well who cares? Seriously he's a drummer.

Has any one seen Paul Rodgers and Queen I'm really interested to see how he is sounding.
/Is going March 31st :cool:

You're right though...Brian's hair looks like a poodle or a shag carpet. It's too long.

n00bguitarist
12-31-2005, 12:51 PM
I only listen to their greatest hits. Favorite song of theirs is Good Old Fashioned Love Boy.

jimbobjr
12-31-2005, 01:20 PM
I love queen but absolutely hate we will rock you and we are the champians queeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen yay :smash: :chug: :thumb: :wave:

jimbobjr
12-31-2005, 01:21 PM
pink floyd rock :chug:

jimbobjr
12-31-2005, 01:22 PM
ac dc rock:chug:

Jacaranda
12-31-2005, 01:31 PM
Edit buttons rock.

blue3
12-31-2005, 06:05 PM
I only listen to their greatest hits. Favorite song of theirs is Good Old Fashioned Love Boy.Their other CDs are good too.. The ones I listen to most are probably News of the World or A Night at the Opera.

I love queen but absolutely hate we will rock you and we are the champians queeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen yay :smash: :chug: :thumb: :wave:Why?

The Vivid One
12-31-2005, 08:27 PM
Huge Queen fan here:

Albums In Order of Prefrence Plus Favorite Song:

1. The Game (Sail Away Sweet Sister)
2. Jazz (Don't Stop Me Now)
3. A Night At the Opera (Love Of My Life) <favorite Queen song of all-time
4. Queen II (Father to Son)
5. A Day At the Races (You Take My Breath Away)
6. Queen (Son & Daughter)
7. News of the World (Spread Your Wings)
8. Innuendo (Don't Try So Hard)
9. A Kind of Magic (Who Wants to Live Forever)

I still need to get a couple of albums especially SHA

nowitzki
01-01-2006, 06:12 AM
My top 5 Queen albums are:

1- A Day at the Races
2- Queen II
3- Sheer Heart Attack
4- A Night at the Opera
5- Innuendo

As you can probably tell I much prefer the early albums, but Innuendo is incredible.

rippa32
01-01-2006, 07:03 AM
I used to think Brian May was a very ordinary guitarist after hearing the simple solos in We Will Rock You and Bohemian Rhapsody. But then I saw a live DVD and some improvised solo and it totally changed my perception of his skill. So yeah not alot to say I just felt like saying it.

nowitzki
01-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Brian May solos are just incredible, they always fit the song perfectly. The solo in These are the Days of Our Lives is just breathtaking.

MeaninglessPhoto
01-02-2006, 10:56 AM
Im a huge Queen fan. Ive been a fan since I first heard Classic Queen in my dads truck when I was 3 or 4. It made me start drumming and ive pretty much been a loyal fan ever since.

classicrockman
02-22-2006, 10:37 PM
Im a huge Queen fan. Ive been a fan since I first heard Classic Queen in my dads truck when I was 3 or 4. It made me start drumming and ive pretty much been a loyal fan ever since.
Yeah, Roger Taylor is quite the drummer. Very underated IMO.

nowitzki
02-23-2006, 10:19 AM
He's nothing special as a drummer really, and personally I think he was the worst songwriter in the band. But I guess he was solid, and provided some good backing vocals.

rsa5387
02-23-2006, 02:20 PM
My Favorite Albums...Best To Worst

:naughty:

EXCELLENT

1.) A Night At The Opera *****/***** (Their most well known...and rightfully so...its brilliant all around!)

2.) Queen 2 *****/***** (Queen at their most progressive...a brilliant album all around. Ogre Battle!)

3.) A Day At The Races *****/***** (Their most diverse album...contains rockers like Tie Your Mother Down, and two of their best ballads: You Take My Breath Away and Somebody To Love. Other great numbers include The Millionaire Waltz, Long Away, You and I, and Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy).

4.) Sheer Heart Attack *****/***** (A great mix of excellent tracks...includes classics like Brighton Rock and Killer Queen).

GOOD

5.) Jazz ****/***** (Another diverse Queen album...contains some of my favs...Fat Bottomed Girls, Jealousy, Bicycle Race, Let Me Entertain You, Dead On Time, and Dont Stop Me Now).

6.) The Game ****/***** (Queens last great album...contains the smash Another One Bites The Dust, and other Queen classics like Play The Game, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Sail Away Sweet Sister, and Save Me).

7.) Queen ****/***** (A great debut. Very underrated. Contains alot of great songs like Keep Yourself Alive, Doing All Right, Great King Rat, and Liar).

AVERAGE

8.) News Of The World ***/***** (Queen goes punk! The results were pretty good. This album would have been one of my favorites if not for the intentional muddy production throughout the album. Nevertheless, contains some great tracks: We Will Rock You+We Are The Champions, Sheer Heart Attack, All Dead, Get Down Make Love, Spread Your Wings, and Its Late).

9.) A Kind Of Magic ***/***** - The best (thats not saying much) of Queens 80's pop albums. Its pretty fun actually...hah. One Vision and Kind Of Magic are the standout tracks. The rest are pretty good as well. The remixes are terrible.

10.) Innuedo ***/***** (A very good last album from Queen. Very dark and haunting...a side rarely seen by Queen. The album is far from the albums above, however, its much better than what Queen put out during most of the 80's. Contains some great tracks: Innuedo, I'm Going Slightly Mad, Dont Try So Hard, These Are The Days Of Our Lives, and The Show Must Go On).

BELOW AVERAGE

11.) The Works **/***** (OK album...though it dosent compare to Queens earlier works. Contains some good tracks...the guilty pleasure of Radio GaGa, and I Want To Break Free. The rest range from good to poor.

12.) The Miracle **/***** Pretty poor album. Party, Khashoggi's Ship, and Rain Must Fall are nauseatingly terrible. Their are some good songs on here though: I Want It All, Scandal, and to an extent the epic tracks The Miracle and Was It All Worth It.

POOR

13.) Hot Space */***** (I wont even comment about this one...its terrible. Life Is Real is touching. And what about Under Pressure? Its an ok track...gets very annoying).

NOT INCLUDED

Made In Heaven (Not a regular studio album).

PepsiMetal
02-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Queen are the best. I love their music. Another one bites the dust, under pressure, and don't stop me now are all classics.

Amazing work.

nowitzki
02-24-2006, 07:53 AM
I agree with most of your comments rsa5387, although personally I would rank Innuendo higher, I think it is excellent.

n00bguitarist
02-24-2006, 09:13 AM
Queen is great. I only have their greatest hits. Favorite would have to be Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy

El_Goodo
02-24-2006, 11:56 AM
One of my favourite songs by Queen is the march of the black queen! The beginning is intense. And I like the part where someone from the band yells out "my life is in your hands," very good prog song.

classicrockman
02-24-2006, 12:00 PM
One of my favourite songs by Queen is the march of the black queen! The beginning is intense. And I like the part where someone from the band yells out "my life is in your hands," very good prog song.
Yeah man, that's one of my favorite Queen songs.
"I'll rule with my left hand, I'll rule with my right
I'm lord of all darkness, I'm queen of the night!!!"

Yeah, that song kicks ***.

rsa5387
02-24-2006, 12:04 PM
I agree with most of your comments rsa5387, although personally I would rank Innuendo higher, I think it is excellent.

Thanks Nowitzki! Innuedo is a very good album by the way...it should be ranked higher than Its A Kind Of Magic and possibly News Of The World.

classicrockman
03-07-2006, 04:55 PM
My Favorite Albums...Best To Worst

:naughty:

EXCELLENT

1.) A Night At The Opera *****/***** (Their most well known...and rightfully so...its brilliant all around!)

2.) Queen 2 *****/***** (Queen at their most progressive...a brilliant album all around. Ogre Battle!)

3.) A Day At The Races *****/***** (Their most diverse album...contains rockers like Tie Your Mother Down, and two of their best ballads: You Take My Breath Away and Somebody To Love. Other great numbers include The Millionaire Waltz, Long Away, You and I, and Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy).

4.) Sheer Heart Attack *****/***** (A great mix of excellent tracks...includes classics like Brighton Rock and Killer Queen).

GOOD

5.) Jazz ****/***** (Another diverse Queen album...contains some of my favs...Fat Bottomed Girls, Jealousy, Bicycle Race, Let Me Entertain You, Dead On Time, and Dont Stop Me Now).

6.) The Game ****/***** (Queens last great album...contains the smash Another One Bites The Dust, and other Queen classics like Play The Game, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Sail Away Sweet Sister, and Save Me).

7.) Queen ****/***** (A great debut. Very underrated. Contains alot of great songs like Keep Yourself Alive, Doing All Right, Great King Rat, and Liar).

AVERAGE

8.) News Of The World ***/***** (Queen goes punk! The results were pretty good. This album would have been one of my favorites if not for the intentional muddy production throughout the album. Nevertheless, contains some great tracks: We Will Rock You+We Are The Champions, Sheer Heart Attack, All Dead, Get Down Make Love, Spread Your Wings, and Its Late).

9.) A Kind Of Magic ***/***** - The best (thats not saying much) of Queens 80's pop albums. Its pretty fun actually...hah. One Vision and Kind Of Magic are the standout tracks. The rest are pretty good as well. The remixes are terrible.

10.) Innuedo ***/***** (A very good last album from Queen. Very dark and haunting...a side rarely seen by Queen. The album is far from the albums above, however, its much better than what Queen put out during most of the 80's. Contains some great tracks: Innuedo, I'm Going Slightly Mad, Dont Try So Hard, These Are The Days Of Our Lives, and The Show Must Go On).

BELOW AVERAGE

11.) The Works **/***** (OK album...though it dosent compare to Queens earlier works. Contains some good tracks...the guilty pleasure of Radio GaGa, and I Want To Break Free. The rest range from good to poor.

12.) The Miracle **/***** Pretty poor album. Party, Khashoggi's Ship, and Rain Must Fall are nauseatingly terrible. Their are some good songs on here though: I Want It All, Scandal, and to an extent the epic tracks The Miracle and Was It All Worth It.

POOR

13.) Hot Space */***** (I wont even comment about this one...its terrible. Life Is Real is touching. And what about Under Pressure? Its an ok track...gets very annoying).

NOT INCLUDED

Made In Heaven (Not a regular studio album).
That was very informative! Apparently someone feels the same way I do about Queen...