PDA

View Full Version : Challenge 94 "Thrush" Replies

08-31-2005, 10:30 PM
Wannabe Steve Harris Rules!

lawl out boi!

super deluxe
08-31-2005, 10:51 PM
Thrush is also what they call yeast infections in England.

08-31-2005, 10:52 PM
You would know.

super deluxe
09-01-2005, 12:43 AM
Because your mom is English!

09-01-2005, 01:37 AM
This is the truth if I've ever read it.

RunAmokRampant
09-01-2005, 02:54 AM
i wonder if anyone will use the first definition of thrush you've stated

09-01-2005, 03:12 AM
My mom apparently.

super deluxe
09-01-2005, 09:38 AM
a bird of the turd-idae family.

haw haw

Disco Dragon
09-01-2005, 02:59 PM
i wonder if anyone will use the first definition of thrush you've stated

No...they won't. Because it's dumb.

silenceevolves
09-01-2005, 05:33 PM
I'm using the first definition :(

EmergencyRoom
09-01-2005, 06:34 PM
Damn, you picked something hard for my first entry. This should be... interesting. :D

09-01-2005, 07:32 PM
"Harder" words are easier because they usually give specific focus. I find the hardest words are like "imbue" because they can be used in many many contexts.

czGLoRy
09-01-2005, 08:02 PM
Do I post it here? (Yeah, I know i spent less than 10 minutes on it but I think I can edit it?)

09-01-2005, 08:22 PM
You post it in that other thread and then edit it from there. There is a rules thread if you have questions.

-1down!-
09-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Wouldn't it be hard to choose a word which is actually a challenge for lyricists (sp?) Any word can be easily fitted, given that the author also chooses the context...No? I'm probably speaking out of my ***, I've been here for 1 challenge only. I'll get back to that.

09-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Wouldn't it be hard to choose a word which is actually a challenge for lyricists (sp?) Any word can be easily fitted, given that the author also chooses the context...No? I'm probably speaking out of my ***, I've been here for 1 challenge only. I'll get back to that.

The point is that it's challenging to beat other writer's not that we picked a word like like zymergy or something.

EmergencyRoom
09-01-2005, 10:22 PM
"Harder" words are easier because they usually give specific focus. I find the hardest words are like "imbue" because they can be used in many many contexts.

You're right of course. I was thinking of building the theme around the challenge word but this might prove difficult for this one is all. I will get started on my entry tomorrow.

RunAmokRampant
09-02-2005, 03:27 AM
But imbue was a good word right? I find if the word is more open and can be used in many contexts there is more variation in the challenge to make it more interesting.

09-02-2005, 03:32 AM
Wahtever I'm drunk.

RunAmokRampant
09-02-2005, 03:39 AM
Obviously not enough if I can still read your writing.

Wannabe Steve Harris
09-02-2005, 09:52 AM
Wahtever I'm drunk.

Now I understand why your lyrics are what they are...

09-02-2005, 12:35 PM
And then there was the time that I was 19 and hadn't fathered any children, nor had you read more than one of my songs. Ta da!

Wannabe Steve Harris
09-02-2005, 02:11 PM
And then there was the time that I was 19 and hadn't fathered any children, nor had you read more than one of my songs. Ta da!

Wow, 19. I would have guessed 14 but I was close.

I have read at least 3 of your "lyrics" so far from what I can recall. Still trying to hear any of them set to music (and if you have any I would love to hear them)...

Disco Dragon
09-02-2005, 02:20 PM
Jesus, stop your bickering. I'm sick of it. You both suck. I reign supreme. I will end both of your existences...via the internet.

09-02-2005, 02:54 PM
Wow, 19. I would have guessed 14 but I was close.

I have read at least 3 of your "lyrics" so far from what I can recall. Still trying to hear any of them set to music (and if you have any I would love to hear them)...

www.purevolume.com/greer

Did that over a year ago as a school project.

Bigbadbob
09-02-2005, 04:31 PM
Thrush is also what they call yeast infections in England.

its very common in HIV+ people. Develops inside the mouth. Now how to use it a song.

Wannabe Steve Harris
09-02-2005, 06:45 PM
www.purevolume.com/greer

Did that over a year ago as a school project.

OK. I'll check it out after I down this pint of Old Grand Dad...

Just clicked on the link and it's saying "Page not available".

09-02-2005, 08:28 PM
OK. I'll check it out after I down this pint of Old Grand Dad...

Just clicked on the link and it's saying "Page not available".

That's because it's routing you through mx, which is crazy. Click on this link or just manually put it in: www.purevolume.com/greer (http://www.purevolume.com/greer)

Wannabe Steve Harris
09-02-2005, 10:53 PM
That's because it's routing you through mx, which is crazy. Click on this link or just manually put it in: www.purevolume.com/greer (http://www.purevolume.com/greer)

Ok, well I will be honest, as I am sure that's what you'd want. It sounds like some barely audible vocals singing barely discernable lyrics that don't flow great with the music. As for the music, it's like The Strokes and the Killers get caught in a Pink Floyd recording session from the mid 60's, without the same strong vocals.

I listened to all 3 tunes and I guess the music in "Jailbreak Phoenix" is semi-decent, if not simplistic, but what's with that evil growl in parts?

"and the Underworld" starts off decent and I kinda like the flow of it but it's completely DESTROYED by the death metal like growls that crept into "Jailbreak". If those parts were just removed it would actually be a halfway decent song.

Some of you others need to listen and give an honest crit here.

09-03-2005, 02:49 AM
Ok, well I will be honest, as I am sure that's what you'd want. It sounds like some barely audible vocals singing barely discernable lyrics that don't flow great with the music. As for the music, it's like The Strokes and the Killers get caught in a Pink Floyd recording session from the mid 60's, without the same strong vocals.

I listened to all 3 tunes and I guess the music in "Jailbreak Phoenix" is semi-decent, if not simplistic, but what's with that evil growl in parts?

"and the Underworld" starts off decent and I kinda like the flow of it but it's completely DESTROYED by the death metal like growls that crept into "Jailbreak". If those parts were just removed it would actually be a halfway decent song.

Some of you others need to listen and give an honest crit here.

You obviously haven't listened to any of the bands that influenced the project, because you have no frame of reference to analyze the songs. Have you heard any At the Drive-In, Grade, Thrice, Further Seems Forever, or The Blood Brothers? I'm assuming very little or none.

I can't sing very well, so I taught my friend the vocals and we recorded all in 2 hours. That's no time at all to get flow right. He barely managed to cope with getting the melodies right so whatever. The end result is sensational for how little time we had to work on it. Also, we mixed down the vocals for that reason, they're weaker and also the project was guitar driven, and the vocals were only to flesh out the songs. Did you stream the songs or download them? Streaming them clips quality considerably, which may account for you inability to discern what's going on. I recommend downloading and listening rather loudly with headphones. That should allow you to pick out different sections and make more sense out of it all.

If you think that the screams on this CD are death metal growls then you definitely haven't heard any death metal in your time. The ones on "Flora and Fauna" and "Jailbreak Phoenix" are more like post-hardcore/emo screams and the ones on "...And the Underworld" I mixed into the background and added a lot of reverb and echo to give it a backup vocal effect. This enabled me to have both singing and screaming the same line on overlap, which usually results in mush.

You seem to not listen to a wide variety of music. Granted, I only have your lyrics and responses here to go off of that but it seems that you're musical education is rather shallow. Do you even listen to punk or any of its subgenres? Do you play an instrument or know anything about mixing music? I have no way of really knowing this but I'm inferring you don't know much at all.

Wannabe Steve Harris
09-03-2005, 10:20 AM
Well you're off base again, bud. So let me enlighten you. My first entry into music was AC/DC and then Van Halen, back in the early 80's. I quickly became a HUGE follower of underground Metal and was listening to Metallica before anyone knew who they were. (I had the "No Life till Leather" demo before they even released an album). I eventually moved into worshipping bands like Slayer, VENOM (Kings of Black metal), Mercyful Fate, Bathory (hmm, Death metal anyone) andof course more mainstream bands like Iron Maiden, Priest, Sabbath, etc.

Over the years I have gone to probably(including club shows) about 400 concerts, including seeing these above mentioned metal bands as well as other bands I enjoy outside of the "metal" genre like The Cure, Rush, Tangerine Dream (hmm, variety?) Andrea Bocelli (not exactly rock and roll), Peter Gabriel, U2, Counting Crows, Rolling Stone, Springsteen, Allman Brothers, and the list goes on and on.

I have well over 2500 CD's, I have interviewed (while working for The Hartford Planet, Music News Xpress and freelance for Spin) bands like Blues Traveler, Big Head Todd n the Monsters, Dokken, Motorhead, Van Halen, Slayer, Soundgarden, etc.

So, now that my musical background is cleared up let me again state what I meant in regards to your songs. In my opinion, based on the way these songs begin and they way the music unfolds, I think it feels totally unnecessary to have those "death metal growls" in them. Have other bands done it? Sure, I love Thrice actually (though when the vocals change it's not on the level that appear in your songs) and I was listening to Cronos from Venom growl like a satanic bear when you were nothing but a zygote!

For a 19 year old, hell yeah it's impressive that you wrote/recorded a few songs but I stand by what I said. They are not very strong lyrically/melody wise and I think the growl-ish vocals detract from the songs, and at least one of them has promise, which is diminished by said vocal parts.

If you wish this to continue you can email me so as to not clog this forum:
bmwm3driver@aol.com

09-03-2005, 02:02 PM
Well you're off base again, bud. So let me enlighten you. My first entry into music was AC/DC and then Van Halen, back in the early 80's. I quickly became a HUGE follower of underground Metal and was listening to Metallica before anyone knew who they were. (I had the "No Life till Leather" demo before they even released an album). I eventually moved into worshipping bands like Slayer, VENOM (Kings of Black metal), Mercyful Fate, Bathory (hmm, Death metal anyone) andof course more mainstream bands like Iron Maiden, Priest, Sabbath, etc.

Over the years I have gone to probably(including club shows) about 400 concerts, including seeing these above mentioned metal bands as well as other bands I enjoy outside of the "metal" genre like The Cure, Rush, Tangerine Dream (hmm, variety?) Andrea Bocelli (not exactly rock and roll), Peter Gabriel, U2, Counting Crows, Rolling Stone, Springsteen, Allman Brothers, and the list goes on and on.

I have well over 2500 CD's, I have interviewed (while working for The Hartford Planet, Music News Xpress and freelance for Spin) bands like Blues Traveler, Big Head Todd n the Monsters, Dokken, Motorhead, Van Halen, Slayer, Soundgarden, etc.

So after all that, you still can't write a decent lyric.

Your tastes still show that you know very little about where the project came from. The point was to blend specific genres together: post-hardcore, alternative, and punk, 3 that you didn't indicate you listened to.

Also, the discussion should always stay here. There's nothing better to talk about in this forum. It's sort of anything goes.

super deluxe
09-03-2005, 03:46 PM
Wannabe Steve Harris: What I don't understand about your critique is why you say the lyrics are bad. They fit and go along with the music, so what's bad about that? If they work for him in his songwriting context, then that's the point, right? I mean, you can say you don't like the delivery or the quality of the vocalist, but the lyrics are just fine.

Wannabe Steve Harris
09-03-2005, 05:27 PM
Wannabe Steve Harris: What I don't understand about your critique is why you say the lyrics are bad. They fit and go along with the music, so what's bad about that? If they work for him in his songwriting context, then that's the point, right? I mean, you can say you don't like the delivery or the quality of the vocalist, but the lyrics are just fine.

As I have said before, SOME of the lyrics on here, while far from what many songwriters would consider "lyrics" at all, with no standard format, etc, are VERY good, including some by DFelon. My concern is that it would be hard to get those kinds of poetic, wordy lyrics to work well with music, and my point has been proven by what I heard from DFelons stuff. Great, it's a combination of styles, it's not a GOOD combination. Great, they're "complex" lyrics, you can't understand them. And great, you think my lyrics "suck" and and are crap (though you've read maybe less than 1% of the total I have written) but let me ask you...how many poems have you had published and were paid for (4 myself). How many song lyrics have you sold to other bands( 2 myself), and/or how many have you been recognized for outside of this forum? There are plenty of talented writers that grace the pages of these forums, but great "songwriters" are a smaller bunch. Maybe you'll be one some day when you you finish puberty.

Doh!

Wannabe Steve Harris
09-03-2005, 05:29 PM
So after all that, you still can't write a decent lyric.

Your tastes still show that you know very little about where the project came from. The point was to blend specific genres together: post-hardcore, alternative, and punk, 3 that you didn't indicate you listened to.

Also, the discussion should always stay here. There's nothing better to talk about in this forum. It's sort of anything goes.

So all the Nirvana, Porcupine Tree, Dead Kennedys, Suicidal Tendencies, Bad Brains, Husker Du, Mudhoney and similar CD's I own will have to be thrown out then I guess, eh, cause they don't qualify?

09-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Husker Du is the only one of those that really fits the bill. But whatever.

super deluxe
09-04-2005, 01:02 AM
As I have said before, SOME of the lyrics on here, while far from what many songwriters would consider "lyrics" at all, with no standard format, etc, are VERY good, including some by DFelon. My concern is that it would be hard to get those kinds of poetic, wordy lyrics to work well with music, and my point has been proven by what I heard from DFelons stuff. Great, it's a combination of styles, it's not a GOOD combination. Great, they're "complex" lyrics, you can't understand them. And great, you think my lyrics "suck" and and are crap (though you've read maybe less than 1% of the total I have written) but let me ask you...how many poems have you had published and were paid for (4 myself). How many song lyrics have you sold to other bands( 2 myself), and/or how many have you been recognized for outside of this forum? There are plenty of talented writers that grace the pages of these forums, but great "songwriters" are a smaller bunch. Maybe you'll be one some day when you you finish puberty.

Doh!

Let's see, I asked for a clarification of your point, and what did I get in return: condescention, insults about my age, and a whole bunch of assumptions about things I never said.

Don't you just feel like a big man now?

RunAmokRampant
09-04-2005, 02:16 AM

Doh!

You assume WAY too much buddy :p

xKONRADx
09-04-2005, 02:18 AM
so steve harris is kind of a duche huh?

super deluxe
09-04-2005, 02:20 AM
Sup Konrad? Long time no see.

xKONRADx
09-04-2005, 02:21 AM
sup homie
no ****. ive not had a home to call my own but now i am at school so with you i may be cool. wooo i love vodka!

09-04-2005, 02:43 AM
I leave to go back to school tomorrow. Elementary school. Yes Mr. Almost Steve Austin, I am only 9.

I got drunk and posted in Hardcore/Emo the other night. It was awesome.

Oh ya, I had rum raisin ice cream.

09-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Hey Stone Cold Steve Harris, a major "alternative" influence on my lyrical writing comes from three bands: Circle Takes the Square, Glassjaw, and The Blood Brothers. If you're not familiar with the genre of emotional hardcore, and how a poem can fit the flow of a song perfectly, then you really don't have a firm foundation in the way more than one person writes here.

Wannabe Steve Harris
09-04-2005, 05:40 PM
Hey Stone Cold Steve Harris, a major "alternative" influence on my lyrical writing comes from three bands: Circle Takes the Square, Glassjaw, and The Blood Brothers. If you're not familiar with the genre of emotional hardcore, and how a poem can fit the flow of a song perfectly, then you really don't have a firm foundation in the way more than one person writes here.

Well I will try and spell this out one more time for ya: IN MY OPINION it doesn't sound good, so the influence(s) are irrelevant. Does that mean some bands who write/record in similar styles can't pull it off? No, I never said that. My favorite band overall is probably U2 but does that mean they have not written songs that weren't great? No. I have yet to find a band that is flawless.

Also, before you start playing the victim here, remember who started the insults with the trashing of my lyrics by referring to it as "crap" in numerous instances. If I recall,I don't think I used anything quite so negative to describe your writing, in fact I know I actually complimented it (just didn't and still don't feel it's all that "lyrical") on numerous occasions.

Anything else?

Wannabe Steve Harris
09-04-2005, 05:42 PM
so steve harris is kind of a duche huh?

Well maybe a "douche", but certainly not a duche. I think a "duche" is meant to be passed on the left hand side, no?

Disco Dragon
09-04-2005, 07:16 PM
Yeah, I'm with Steve on this argument. He's actually making valid points.

super deluxe
09-04-2005, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I'm with Steve on this argument. He's actually making valid points.

How about that time where I asked him to clarify his point and he decided to attack me and insult me? That was so valid.

Wannabe Steve Harris
09-04-2005, 08:38 PM
How about that time where I asked him to clarify his point and he decided to attack me and insult me? That was so valid.

I will scroll back but I am unclear as to when I "attacked " you...

Ahh, I see now. I actually meant the age related thing for DFelon and forgot that I was initially adressing you. I could care less about about someones age anyway, it was just a comeback to his condescending attitude regarding my musical likes/knowledge, etc, which of course is totally unwarranted because I have been listening to and been involved with music in all genres for a heck of a lot longer than him! Simple as that.

There are plenty of guys/gals in their teens that write/play great music though, in my opinion, this stuff just wasn't it. But I applaud the effort, some never get that far even.

pixiesfanyo
09-04-2005, 11:53 PM
Well I will try and spell this out one more time for ya: IN MY OPINION it doesn't sound good, so the influence(s) are irrelevant. Does that mean some bands who write/record in similar styles can't pull it off? No, I never said that. My favorite band overall is probably U2 but does that mean they have not written songs that weren't great? No. I have yet to find a band that is flawless.

Also, before you start playing the victim here, remember who started the insults with the trashing of my lyrics by referring to it as "crap" in numerous instances. If I recall,I don't think I used anything quite so negative to describe your writing, in fact I know I actually complimented it (just didn't and still don't feel it's all that "lyrical") on numerous occasions.

Anything else?

Football Arenas are the best places for concerts, AMIRITE?

Stop acting like you are the bigger man, your lyrics were cliche-ridden and gag worthy. You got called out on it, and you couldn't deal with it. Seems like something a 30-something would be able to deal with. Alas, you are probably just making all of that up to seem superior to us. I mean, why would anyone above the age of 25 be submitting material to a internet lyrical challenge on a board full of teenagers/college aged children. It makes no sense. (Sorry BBB)

Wannabe Steve Harris
09-05-2005, 12:17 AM
Football Arenas are the best places for concerts, AMIRITE?

Stop acting like you are the bigger man, your lyrics were cliche-ridden and gag worthy. You got called out on it, and you couldn't deal with it. Seems like something a 30-something would be able to deal with. Alas, you are probably just making all of that up to seem superior to us. I mean, why would anyone above the age of 25 be submitting material to a internet lyrical challenge on a board full of teenagers/college aged children. It makes no sense. (Sorry BBB)

Hmm, I guess I missed the "We are all teenagers and if you're not, don't post here" banner. How generous and open minded of you...

So here we have ANOTHER example of someone jumping down my throat by attacking my lyrics (and in this case I am almost 100% sure I have never called anything YOU have written "trite crap" or similar) in a non-constructive way and then choosing to assume my motives are something they are not; an attempt to appear "greater than" or more worldly than others on this board. Totally untrue, and if you have actually read these posts you would come to understand that this all began because I questioned Sir DFelon and his description of my lyric as "crap". This was met with condescention, more name calling, juvenille behavior and inaccurate assumptions about my musical tastes, etc.

"Got called out on it"? By one guy who feels because he has written a couple lyrically challenged, yet semi-eloquent at times, words in a web forum he is a songwriting God?? LOL. Ok bud, well that assumes I have never received ANY positive feedback, which is not true. And keep in mind I have NEVER called anyone's writing crap, or worthless or trite because it's not constructive. It's useless and frankly the tactics of someone who most likely projects a feeling of superiority but is in reality probably very self conscious. To me, ANYONE'S writing has meaning and depth if it's personal to them. My critiques come from the perspective of how I feel it would work in a song, set to music.

And if I was 15 or 55 years old I could "deal" with anythign you throw at me ace, but I will question, just like I would expect others to, someone that bashes a piece of writing that others have spoke highly of. Instead of offering anything positive or constructive, DFelon took the easy road. No biggie man, I don't have to live in his skin.

RunAmokRampant
09-05-2005, 01:56 AM
Dude, you didn't even vote properly in the last challenge. I mean it sure does look like a donkey vote. Your critiques? What critiques? I haven't seen any from you last challenge except Dfelon's when you asked for his explanation. At least Dfelon took the time to critique everyone elses lyrics and vote properly even if some of the critiques (regarding to you) may have been shallow. You have all these big speeches and such but you can't commit 20 mins to critique the entries. Hmmmmm.

09-05-2005, 02:00 AM

Anything else?

I wrote spoken word vocals a few challenges ago then were very prosaic, and tons of people gave me a low rank because "lolz but its like a sotry how wud it fit a song? der's no ryme??!?!?"

Influence is important for understanding the plausiblity of a lyric.

09-05-2005, 02:02 AM
Also, Steve Harris, you're recoiling for us calling your song "trite crap." You opened yourself up to criticism by submitting here. That's the whole point. I did give you constructive criticisms. It's boring. I've read crap like it a million times before. Etc.

pixiesfanyo
09-05-2005, 07:46 AM
My critiques come from the perspective of how I feel it would work in a song, set to music.

[v] Music-related infomation is not allowed. This includes guitar interlude/solo or moment of silence type phrases. LYRICS ONLY. This is a lyrics forum, the Audio Arena is for posting music. You may however in a header (before the begining of your lyric) or a footer (at the bottom of your lyric) include a note on the style of music ie. This is a Slow Gentle Accoustic piece OR This is a really heavy screaming sort of lyric etc etc.
References to how to play the music or posting of chords is NOT allowed.

This rule can be taken as to saying that you should not grade the lyrics based on their musical content but rather on their lyrical content. Sure, rhythm should be a factor, but critiquing on how you feel the lyrics would sound in the type of song you want to listen to is wrong and retarded. That's like telling a rapper his lyrics won't work because you are only thinking of it in metal/rock context.

You are being single-minded. Also your second paragraph once again proves that you can't take criticism over the internet.

EmergencyRoom
09-05-2005, 07:59 AM
Is there any problem with submitting a poem as the entry?

Sorry to interrupt the flaming :lol:

Wannabe Steve Harris
09-05-2005, 11:32 AM
Dude, you didn't even vote properly in the last challenge. I mean it sure does look like a donkey vote. Your critiques? What critiques? I haven't seen any from you last challenge except Dfelon's when you asked for his explanation. At least Dfelon took the time to critique everyone elses lyrics and vote properly even if some of the critiques (regarding to you) may have been shallow. You have all these big speeches and such but you can't commit 20 mins to critique the entries. Hmmmmm.

I have critiqued numerous song lyrics in the general forum. I do admit I did not spend much time on those I did for the lyrical challenge, but that won't happen again.

Wannabe Steve Harris
09-05-2005, 11:40 AM
Also, Steve Harris, you're recoiling for us calling your song "trite crap." You opened yourself up to criticism by submitting here. That's the whole point. I did give you constructive criticisms. It's boring. I've read crap like it a million times before. Etc.

It's OK that you think it's boring! That was not my issue, I wanted you to elaborate because I have NOT seen many lyrics like it. In fact, most tend to me more "spoken word" like, similar to yours, or just real bad attempts at any kind of writing. But as I said, I am not going to judge that individuals writing talent as a whole, I am going judge how it fits into the box of a typical song.

Now, I ask you again, where are all these "similar lyrics" to mine? And what makes you think that your post under "Imbue" wasn't boring? Just because it had a couple decent lines? To me some of the most interesting songs are ones that have simplistic lines that just lends themselves well to the melody. If I wanted to be intentionally over wordy and complicated it would be very easy but, like the bible of writing "Elements of Style" mentions, in most cases the best storytelling comes from the use of the most simple of words.

Seems like you and some of your followers here are getting waaaay too serious about a lyric forum, and also asking that I be able to handle any attacks when you are apparently unable to do the same.

Wannabe Steve Harris
09-05-2005, 11:43 AM
Is there any problem with submitting a poem as the entry?

Sorry to interrupt the flaming :lol:

Certainly not, but wouldn't that be better served by a "Poetry Forum"? Try and imagine "I Heard a Fly Buzz When I Died" or "The Road Less Traveled" set to music. EXCEPTIONAL writing, but not really songworthy.

Wannabe Steve Harris
09-05-2005, 11:46 AM
I wrote spoken word vocals a few challenges ago then were very prosaic, and tons of people gave me a low rank because "lolz but its like a sotry how wud it fit a song? der's no ryme??!?!?"

Influence is important for understanding the plausiblity of a lyric.

No, it's not really. Because a GOOD song will stand on its own. I am not disputing that there may be lyrics, similar in tone and form to yours, that were set to music and sound good. My point was, the examples you pointed me to that you wrote/recorded in order to support your arguement, were NOT examples of those.

SubtleDagger
09-05-2005, 11:50 AM
Lyrics are a form of poetry. End of discussion.

Also, there's an edit button, so quit posting four times in a row.

EmergencyRoom
09-05-2005, 11:57 AM
Lyrics are a form of poetry. End of discussion.

Also, there's an edit button, so quit posting four times in a row.

Thank you :thumb:

Steve, they're right, you are a being a tit. Stop taking the criticism so seriously. It is what it is.

Wannabe Steve Harris
09-05-2005, 11:58 AM
Thank you :thumb:

Steve, their right, you are a tit

and yet I know how to spell "they're"...TIT

EmergencyRoom
09-05-2005, 12:04 PM
and yet I know how to spell "they're"...TIT

Let's play spelling/grammar nazi on the internet :rolleyes:

So why didn't you capitalise the beginning of your sentence?

I was in the process of changing my post because it didn't actually say what i wanted it to, but just refer back to the original. Idiot.

I sometimes feel some of the stuff on here is a bit over wordy, but from experience have found that i can now set such lyrics to music effectively. If you can do it properly then no simple lyric in the world stands up in comparison to a well chosen piece of imagery.

Wannabe Steve Harris
09-05-2005, 12:09 PM
I sometimes feel some of the stuff on here is a bit over wordy, but from experience have found that i can now set such lyrics to music effectively. If you can do it properly then no simple lyric in the world stands up in comparison to a well chosen piece of imagery.

Ok, so what you're saying is that you agree with me?? Didn't I already say this? My point was that IN MOST CASES that kind of writing does not work well in the average song, but it can be done, but it WASN'T in DFelons recorded work.

Well crafted imagery will always be praised by me in any song that is posted on here, whether it would be difficult to set to music or not. With DFelons recorded songs he pointed me to, I couldn't understand any of the lyrics being "sung" so I don't know if they were any good so it was irrelevant. I did like parts of his "Imbue" entry though, as previously stated.

SubtleDagger
09-05-2005, 12:12 PM
Lyrics are not rated for how they fit into a song. So stop talking about it as if it matters.

EmergencyRoom
09-05-2005, 12:17 PM
I liked some of D's stuff on the link. It sounds very much like At The Drive-In in places. Some of it was rhythmically out by a little but he said his singer friend only recorded a short while after viewing the lyrics for the first time, so this is understandable. You seem to be saying that simpler lyrics are easier to put to music, which is arbitrary and stating the obvious.

Wannabe Steve Harris
09-05-2005, 12:26 PM
I liked some of D's stuff on the link. It sounds very much like At The Drive-In in places. Some of it was rhythmically out by a little but he said his singer friend only recorded a short while after viewing the lyrics for the first time, so this is understandable. You seem to be saying that simpler lyrics are easier to put to music, which is arbitrary and stating the obvious.

No I am saying IN GENERAL that overly complex/wordy/spoken word type writing has never found its way into any really exceptional songs. Name some for me. Can you? I am at a loss to think of any off the top of my head and I have been a music fan of all genres for 25 years.

DFelons stuff, to me, didn't sound great. There were parts that had promise, and I mentioned that to him (it was FAR from a total put down) and some of that had to do with the lyrics that seemed crammed into the song and made it sound too busy (not to mention the growling which seemed out of place).

Lyrics are not rated for how they fit into a song. So stop talking about it as if it matters.

So why call this a lyric forum then? I have read a great deal of crits on here that discuss the very thing I am talking about when rating someones lyric(s). But, from now on, just to make YOU happy and anyone else who is so hurt by this, I will rate the writing only and not mention whether it feels like it would be difficult to put to music. K?

EmergencyRoom
09-05-2005, 12:35 PM
"Mars Volta" and "At The Drive-In" songs have some poetic lyrics that suit the music. Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Radiohead, The Smiths and countless others have some quite wordy lyrics as well. For someone claiming to be a music fan of 25 years you seem to forget quite a few popular ones.

SubtleDagger
09-05-2005, 12:42 PM
So why call this a lyric forum then? I have read a great deal of crits on here that discuss the very thing I am talking about when rating someones lyric(s).
lyric

1. Of or relating to a category of poetry that expresses subjective thoughts and feelings, often in a songlike style or form.
2. Relating to or constituting a poem in this category, such as a sonnet or an ode.
3. Of or relating to a writer of poems in this category.

That's why. Lyrics are not bound by music. They never were.

09-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Stone Cold Steve, can we settle the argument once and for all if I go through your song and meticulously pick it apart?

super deluxe
09-05-2005, 01:27 PM
Certainly not, but wouldn't that be better served by a "Poetry Forum"? Try and imagine "I Heard a Fly Buzz When I Died" or "The Road Less Traveled" set to music. EXCEPTIONAL writing, but not really songworthy.

Actually, one choir I was in did someone's arrangement of The Road Not Taken (I assume you're talking about Frost's poem, right?), and it was lovely.

Wannabe Steve Harris
09-05-2005, 02:17 PM
Stone Cold Steve, can we settle the argument once and for all if I go through your song and meticulously pick it apart?

Pick it apart in what fashion, according to how it bores you, as you've already stated? That's fine, and I would be glad to do the same with some of your stuff, but it's not constructive to keep this insanity going. We can agree to disagree and I'll await any additional music you create to see if it does indeed work well with your lyrics/vocal stylings,etc. But do whatever ya want bud, it's a free country...

"Mars Volta" and "At The Drive-In" songs have some poetic lyrics that suit the music. Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Radiohead, The Smiths and countless others have some quite wordy lyrics as well. For someone claiming to be a music fan of 25 years you seem to forget quite a few popular ones.

What songs are you reffering too specifically? I have EVERY Pink Floyd CD and have been huge fans of them since high school and although Roger Waters has written some strange and esoteric lyrics, once again, in the context of the songs they are part of they flow real nicely(Animals and THe Final Cut are sheer brilliance)

Radiohead is another band I like a lot but I DO think some of their songs are a bit excessive and boring. Some people feel everything they have recorded is "genius", but I feel like that's a word thrown around far too often. I haven't spent a lot of time analyzing their lyrics however.

SubtleDagger
09-05-2005, 03:36 PM
Can you not read my posts or are you just choosing to ignore them and bicker anyway?

Wannabe Steve Harris
09-05-2005, 04:12 PM
Can you not read my posts or are you just choosing to ignore them and bicker anyway?

Well apparently you have failed to fully read all my posts, also, as I have conceded that there are lyrics that don't conform to what myself and many others commonly think of as "lyrical", and some work fine in music. And as I also stated earlier, I will rate future Lyrical Challenges based on the the phrasing/texture and imagery instead of always just the way it may lend itself to music.

However, THIS arguement was primarly centered around my lyrics being "crap" and DFelons music being pretty blah, so if you keep posting about things we have already covered you can expect no immediate response. XXXOOO

pixiesfanyo
09-05-2005, 05:44 PM
No I am saying IN GENERAL that overly complex/wordy/spoken word type writing has never found its way into any really exceptional songs. Name some for me. Can you? I am at a loss to think of any off the top of my head and I have been a music fan of all genres for 25 years.

Bob Dylan is probably the most famous lyricist of all time.

And a large percent of his lyrics do not lend themselves to the music well at all.

Wannabe Steve Harris
09-05-2005, 07:31 PM
Bob Dylan is probably the most famous lyricist of all time.

And a large percent of his lyrics do not lend themselves to the music well at all.

I agree, one of the most famous and one of the best. However, not all of his lyrics are wordy, rambling poems either. "Blowin in the Wind" comes to mind, and there are others. I personally think some of his lyrics are exceptional, but there are songs of his that are boring and a lot closer to a spoken word poem set to music.

SubtleDagger
09-05-2005, 10:54 PM
Well apparently you have failed to fully read all my posts, also, as I have conceded that there are lyrics that don't conform to what myself and many others commonly think of as "lyrical", and some work fine in music. And as I also stated earlier, I will rate future Lyrical Challenges based on the the phrasing/texture and imagery instead of always just the way it may lend itself to music.

However, THIS arguement was primarly centered around my lyrics being "crap" and DFelons music being pretty blah, so if you keep posting about things we have already covered you can expect no immediate response. XXXOOO
So in other words, you have a different opinion and you won't shut up about it.

Nice job.

super deluxe
09-06-2005, 12:35 AM
Nice job.

You're rad.

xKONRADx
09-06-2005, 01:59 AM
oooh me too!

d0ped0g
09-06-2005, 05:57 AM
they should rename the thread titles for Challenge Replies to "The Bitch Thread"

EmergencyRoom
09-06-2005, 06:01 AM
It's like our own little miniature pit inside S&L :D

09-06-2005, 08:34 AM
This thing ends tonight. So ya. Tell all your friends.

Wannabe Steve Harris
09-06-2005, 10:02 AM
So in other words, you have a different opinion and you won't shut up about it.

Nice job.

I'm not the one that's kept it going Doogie...

Bigbadbob
09-06-2005, 01:56 PM
I mean, why would anyone above the age of 25 be submitting material to a internet lyrical challenge on a board full of teenagers/college aged children. It makes no sense. (Sorry BBB)

senility and low self esteem. :upset:

Disco Dragon
09-06-2005, 03:23 PM
It's okay Bob, the fact that you're senile is what makes you so endearing.

TojesDolan
09-06-2005, 03:38 PM
Actually, beleive or not, there are some people in this forum (Particularly S&L) That have a great taste in writing, despite being so young. I wouldn't change the replies I've gotten in this place for nothing in the world, they are quite constructive and if you're patient and consistent, and you give out some of oyur own wisdom, you receive wisdom.

/random

Disco Dragon
09-08-2005, 01:13 PM
Well said Tojes. Well said. Age isn't necessarily a determining factor in how good of a songwriter someone is. Obviously experience helps, but it's not the most important thing. As long as you have passion, you can be a good songwriter.

-1up!-
09-09-2005, 05:37 AM
What the hell? I don't know if Disco Dragon plagiarized but I'm pretty sure my lyrics were posted before his. I did not plagiarize in any way.

Edit: 2 of you referred to plagiarizing in my lyrics. Please reconsider. :angry:

EmergencyRoom
09-09-2005, 05:45 AM
What the hell? I don't know if Disco Dragon plagiarized but I'm pretty sure my lyrics were posted before his. I did not plagiarize in any way.

That's cool by me. Like i said in my post, i'm not judging on it, i just don't know if the mods will accept either piece because of it. I just mentioned it in relation to your work because your's came after Discodragon's in the critting order. I'm not saying that it was necessarily you stealing lyrics. I'm just saying thatit looks suspect and the mods might be funny about both of you if they can't prove who posted first. I'm not specifically blaming you.

:thumb:

-1up!-
09-09-2005, 07:12 AM
Yeah :upset: The fact that I edited on 09/05 makes me even more suspicious, but all I added on that edit was:
"(...) wavering,
(...)time remaining,
How did we atone, pardon?
Why did we depart, with such a burden?
(...)where blood still lies.
The graveyard was delighted
with your deadening choice. "

Ugh. :angry: I guess I'm screwed without solid proof.

EmergencyRoom
09-09-2005, 07:28 AM
Yeah :upset: The fact that I edited on 09/05 makes me even more suspicious, but all I added on that edit was:
"(...) wavering,
(...)time remaining,
How did we atone, pardon?
Why did we depart, with such a burden?
(...)where blood still lies.
The graveyard was delighted
with your deadening choice. "

Ugh. :angry: I guess I'm screwed without solid proof.

I dunno, i saw that" wombs...tombs "line on tv. Some guy with a single. Maybe that's where you both subconsciously got it into your heads.

Meh, i dunno. I rate both your pieces without factoring that in anyway so it's cool.

09-09-2005, 09:27 AM
Dude, you're innocent until proven guilty over here. Or I just band arbitrarily.

SubtleDagger
09-09-2005, 09:28 AM
I think you both did it incidentally, but I also think both rhymes blow, so it doesn't really help either of you. /shrug

Disco Dragon
09-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Thrush - hush and womb - tomb? Find your lyrics in your head, not in my posts, please.

Hate to tell you this pal, but I didn't find that stuff by reading your post. I don't know when you posted your song, but mine was posted on 9/2. I see that yours was edited as of 9/5, so I don't know when you initially posted it. However, I posted a similiar version of my song in the regular S&L forum a few days before this challenge even started. It was somewhat different, but it did have the "womb/tomb" line in it.

So bite my balls. And stop being a hypocritical douche. Oh, and while you're at it, give my song an actual critique instead of just an accusation.

xKONRADx
09-09-2005, 03:33 PM
why the hell did dfelon pick such a ****ty word?

-1up!-
09-09-2005, 05:43 PM
Hate to tell you this pal, but I didn't find that stuff by reading your post. I don't know when you posted your song, but mine was posted on 9/2. I see that yours was edited as of 9/5, so I don't know when you initially posted it. However, I posted a similiar version of my song in the regular S&L forum a few days before this challenge even started. It was somewhat different, but it did have the "womb/tomb" line in it.

So bite my balls. And stop being a hypocritical douche. Oh, and while you're at it, give my song an actual critique instead of just an accusation.

Stop being so emo.

You ask me to bite your balls, then ask me to do you a favor by doing an actual critique? I had every reason to suspect you, you posted your song after I posted mine. I'm sorry about it. So stop being a douche and keep cool.

Then I might consider writing a critique. :thumb:

I think you both did it incidentally, but I also think both rhymes blow, so it doesn't really help either of you. /shrug
Because the opinion of a single person about a rhyme matters so much. :rolleyes:
For fuck's sake, this is my first entry.

Disco Dragon
09-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Did you really just call me emo? Do you even know what that word means?

And actually, you didn't really have any reason to suspect me...of anything. Oh god, there were 4 rhyming words that were used in both of our songs! ALERT THE MODS! And I would have kept cool about it, if you had simply inquired about how I came up with similiar sounding lines, rather than putting me in last place because you suspected me of plagiarism. Let me be clear: I have never, nor will I ever, plagiarize someone else's stuff.

So now sir, kindly critique my song properly.

09-09-2005, 06:02 PM
Did you really just call me emo? Do you even know what that word means?

Haha. He's a regular in the Emo/Screamo Community Thread. He does know what it means.

Stop complaining everybody. This word rules and you know it.

EmergencyRoom
09-09-2005, 06:43 PM
Haha. He's a regular in the Emo/Screamo Community Thread. He does know what it means.

I liked your word :)

To Disco and 1UP: Chill out guys. No one plagiarised anyone. Everything is gonna be cooooool :thumb:

-1up!-
09-09-2005, 08:06 PM
So now sir, kindly critique my song properly.

Done. Now remove finger from "panic" button.

SubtleDagger
09-09-2005, 08:42 PM
Because the opinion of a single person about a rhyme matters so much. :rolleyes:
For fuck's sake, this is my first entry.
Welcome to the LC forum, where you and the noobs are the only ones taking anything seriously.

A_Perfect_Sonnet
09-09-2005, 09:22 PM
This is why I don't critique around here anymore.

Wannabe Steve Harris
09-09-2005, 09:35 PM

This word sucks but I'm glad someone else is fighting now...

Disco Dragon
09-09-2005, 10:57 PM
Welcome to the LC forum, where you and the noobs are the only ones taking anything seriously.

Actually Subtle, he is a noob. Therefore...only the noobs are taking anything seriously.

To -1up!-, thanks for giving my song an honest critique. And by the way, my finger was never really on the "panic" button. I just take offense to people claiming that I plagiarize, that's all. I may not have a reputation as being one of the best in these challenges, but I sure as f*ck don't want one as being a copycat. So anyways, thanks for being cool about it.

Oh, and to Steve, I hope you get infected with genital warts the size of small melons. :)

-1up!-
09-10-2005, 06:47 AM

I already acknowledged I was a noob on LC, it's my first entry. Should I be ashamed of taking things seriously then? Or d'you want me to spam random shit?

SubtleDagger
09-10-2005, 07:06 AM
Ha, I was saying you're not a noob on MX so you shouldn't act like one here is all. I was joking, don't take it so seriously. Or the comps seriously for that matter. I think it starts sucking in here once people get overly competitive really.

-1up!-
09-10-2005, 04:46 PM
Okay then :chug:

09-10-2005, 06:23 PM
1up is cool

d0ped0g
09-10-2005, 07:33 PM
agreed

***retreats back to corner

-1up!-
09-10-2005, 11:41 PM
1up is cool

Not as much as your lyrics though. I'll catch up, daddy.

EmergencyRoom2
09-11-2005, 03:01 PM
CZglory: you have to vote in a certain way. Just letting you know incase your vote gets disqualified :thumb:

-1up!-
09-12-2005, 04:06 PM
TojesDoLan, care to change your critique about my song? I did not plagiarize.

Disco Dragon
09-12-2005, 11:36 PM
Somebody should write an entire song about plagiarism, using only quotes from other songs......

....just something to think about.

09-12-2005, 11:47 PM
That's almost as cool as super_d's song made completely out of Linkin Park, KoRn, and Nickelback lyrics. I'm serious, it rules.

-1up!-
09-13-2005, 06:28 AM
Lawl, links?

09-13-2005, 07:58 AM
I mean I don't have it. She pridefully showed it to me over a year ago.

Bigbadbob
09-13-2005, 12:27 PM
sorry everyone...no way I can vote this time. I've been totally devestated by influenza. Someone please just kill me!

A_Perfect_Sonnet
09-13-2005, 04:05 PM
I was killed in a boaking accident, so I will be unable to vote.

EmergencyRoom
09-13-2005, 05:40 PM
What happens to people who don't vote?

silenceevolves
09-13-2005, 06:20 PM
Can't participate in the next challenge.

EmergencyRoom
09-13-2005, 06:24 PM
Can't participate in the next challenge.

Ah, thanks :thumb:

09-13-2005, 06:32 PM
Ah, thanks :thumb:

They also forfeit their ability to win the current challenge. Voting will prb end soon.

Bob has the avian flu!

EmergencyRoom
09-13-2005, 06:46 PM
They also forfeit their ability to win the current challenge. Voting will prb end soon.

Bob has the avian flu!

So how does the voting get edited? Do you and Subtle do it or do we have to change the votes to reflect people not voting?

My apologies for some very possibly stupid questions.

09-13-2005, 06:59 PM
silenceevolves, either finish crits or don't do them at all. I require a crit.

Emergency Room, carefully read the rules thread. Most answers are in there. But, for convenience, we don't change anybody's votes, we just exclude them altogether if they dont' finish. No extrapolating stuff. Somebody (usually somebody who wants to see if they won or not) will tally up the votes and post them in the replies thread.

SubtleDagger
09-13-2005, 07:01 PM
My voting's done. Complain.

EmergencyRoom
09-13-2005, 07:01 PM
silenceevolves, either finish crits or don't do them at all. I require a crit.

Emergency Room, carefully read the rules thread. Most answers are in there. But, for convenience, we don't change anybody's votes, we just exclude them altogether if they dont' finish. No extrapolating stuff. Somebody (usually somebody who wants to see if they won or not) will tally up the votes and post them in the replies thread.

Thanks much :thumb:

Disco Dragon
09-13-2005, 11:05 PM
F*ck you, I don't want to complain. And I will not be ordered to do such craziness.

EmergencyRoom
09-14-2005, 05:32 AM
My voting's done. Complain.

No complaints, just a couple of question. What are the things i could improve upon in my poem? Is the length a detrimental aspect of it?

Thanks.

SubtleDagger
09-14-2005, 07:38 AM
No. I thought the fifth through eighth lines were really bad. The imagery wasn't working for me and the grammar was a bit off. The rest was good.

EmergencyRoom
09-14-2005, 08:24 AM
No. I thought the fifth through eighth lines were really bad. The imagery wasn't working for me and the grammar was a bit off. The rest was good.

-1up!-
09-14-2005, 10:52 AM
Why do people wait so long before voting??

And give retarded excuses as to why they can't vote... Meh :o

SubtleDagger
09-14-2005, 10:54 AM
You're telling me.

RunAmokRampant
09-14-2005, 10:34 PM
Why do people wait so long before voting??

And give retarded excuses as to why they can't vote... Meh :o

Well you'll have to get used it I'm afraid. As subtle said, no one takes the LC seriously.

09-15-2005, 12:02 AM
Voting is done.

SubtleDagger
09-15-2005, 03:41 AM
Are we counting czglory's votes? I don't really see why we wouldn't.

09-15-2005, 07:55 AM
I dunno. Somebody else make the decision.

SubtleDagger
09-15-2005, 08:01 AM
/me makes decision

Let me go ahead and tally.

SubtleDagger
09-15-2005, 08:29 AM
Scores in ()'s are stricken due to being the lowest.

RAR - (6) 4 5 3 1 3 ; 16/5 = 3.2
silenceevolves - 4 (7) 4 6 3 1 ; 18/5 = 3.6
DD - DQ'd for not voting.
EmergencyRoom - 5 4 5 5 (6) 4 ; 23/5 = 4.6
DFelon - 1 2 3 1 (3) 2 ; 9/5 = 1.8
TojesDolan - 9 9 9 8 8 (10) ; 43/5 = 8.6
czglory - DQ'd for voting incorrectly and not voting for all participants (forgot TojesDolan).
-1down!- - 7 (9) 7 7 4 6 ; 31/5 = 6.2
OutlawGene - DQ'd for not voting.
CrimsonPunk - DQ'd for not voting.
SubtleDagger - (3) 1 1 2 2 2 ; 8/5 = 1.6
one_beloved_curse - DQ'd for not voting.
BBB - DQ'd for not voting.

The final rankings:
1. SubtleDagger - 1.6
2. DFelon - 1.8
3. RunAmokRampant - 3.2
4. silenceevolves - 3.6
5. EmergencyRoom - 4.6
6. -1down!- - 6.2
7. TojesDolan - 8.6

Disco Dragon, czglory, OutlawGene, Crimsonpunk, one_beloved_curse, and Bigbadbob are all not allowed to enter next challenge. As a sidenote, I considered DQing TojesDolan for her biased review of -1down!-'s song, but it doesn't matter since her rank was automatically stricken as it was the lowest, and it probably wouldn't change much.

I'll get the challenge up soon.

SubtleDagger
09-15-2005, 08:32 AM
Oh, and d0ped0g is allowed to enter next challenge. His entry was just not counted due to it not having the word.

TojesDolan
09-15-2005, 12:16 PM
I don't know if should feel good for being in the 7th position just because, or feel bad because I'm in the 7th position because the other d00ds didn't vote. :lol:

It's the last position, nonetheless, but yeah. I <3 my mediocrity. :D

czGLoRy
09-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Scores in ()'s are stricken due to being the lowest.

RAR - (6) 4 5 3 1 3 ; 16/5 = 3.2
silenceevolves - 4 (7) 4 6 3 1 ; 18/5 = 3.6
DD - DQ'd for not voting.
EmergencyRoom - 5 4 5 5 (6) 4 ; 23/5 = 4.6
DFelon - 1 2 3 1 (3) 2 ; 9/5 = 1.8
TojesDolan - 9 9 9 8 8 (10) ; 43/5 = 8.6
czglory - DQ'd for voting incorrectly and not voting for all participants (forgot TojesDolan).
-1down!- - 7 (9) 7 7 4 6 ; 31/5 = 6.2
OutlawGene - DQ'd for not voting.
CrimsonPunk - DQ'd for not voting.
SubtleDagger - (3) 1 1 2 2 2 ; 8/5 = 1.6
one_beloved_curse - DQ'd for not voting.
BBB - DQ'd for not voting.

The final rankings:
1. SubtleDagger - 1.6
2. DFelon - 1.8
3. RunAmokRampant - 3.2
4. silenceevolves - 3.6
5. EmergencyRoom - 4.6
6. -1down!- - 6.2
7. TojesDolan - 8.6

Disco Dragon, czglory, OutlawGene, Crimsonpunk, one_beloved_curse, and Bigbadbob are all not allowed to enter next challenge. As a sidenote, I considered DQing TojesDolan for her biased review of -1down!-'s song, but it doesn't matter since her rank was automatically stricken as it was the lowest, and it probably wouldn't change much.

I'll get the challenge up soon.

I voted!

SubtleDagger
DFelon204409
RunAmokRampant
Bigbadbob
Crimsonpunk
EmergencyRoom
Disco Dragon
OutlawGene
silenceevolves
one_beloved_curse
-1down!-

Loved yours subtle it was ...subtle
And sails upon the sunset,
A thrush in thermal decadence.
Rusted screws and metal grooves,
Nails and keys and karats
love it

why cant I do the next?

EmergencyRoom
09-15-2005, 08:10 PM
why cant I do the next?

It's in the rules that you have to vote a certain way. Read the rules thread. I posted trying to warn you earlier in the week but you must not have saw it. Just be a careful next time :thumb:

SubtleDagger
09-15-2005, 08:12 PM
Jesus. I specifically said he didn't vote for all of the people who entered. Shut up about it, both of you, because you're both wrong.

EmergencyRoom
09-15-2005, 08:20 PM
Jesus. I specifically said he didn't vote for all of the people who entered. Shut up about it, both of you, because you're both wrong.

I assumed. I apologise. :upset:

Have you ever thought of going into medicine? Your bedside manner is astonishing :p