PDA

View Full Version : An Unofficial Audioslave Thread by Revolver

Shaft!
08-28-2005, 06:43 AM
I know there are a few other threads regarding Audioslave, but I wanted to add some more information. Mainly so that the Rage Against the Machine thread didn't get more stuff on Audioslave in it, as they are two seperate bands, so..

Audioslave is:
Chris Cornell - vocals, formerly of Soundgarden
Tom Morello - guitars, formerly of Rage Against the Machine
Tim Commerford - bass, formerly of Rage Against the Machine
Brad Wilk - drums, formerly of Rage Against the Machine

Audioslave was formed after Zack de la Rocha left Rage Against the Machine in 2000. The members of R.A.T.M. decided that they would rather plow ahead rather than completely give up and simply move on to seperate bands, and so they decided to try out vocalists to replace, in a word, Zack. They found Chris Cornell, the former frontman for the heavy rock band Soundgarden, who didn't want to continue under the name Rage Against the Machine. They called the band Civillian Project but halfway through recording an album Cornell decided he didn't like where it was headed and left, later he returned the band renamed themselves Audioslave. Edited with new info, courtesy of BeaZ.

Rage Against the Machine had been fuelled by Tom Morello's amazing guitar work, which included a complete set of unusual effects, Tim Commerford's commanding basslines, Brad Wilk's upbeat drumming, and Zack de la Rocha's angry political tirades, so how would Audioslave turn out?
They released a self titled debut which spawned hits such as "Cochise", "Like A Stone", "Show Me How To Live" and "I Am the Highway".

"Go on and save yourself
And take it out on me"
-lyrics to "Cochise"

"In your house I long to be
Room by room patiently
I'll wait for you there
Like a stone
I'll wait for you there
Alone.."
-lyrics to "Like A Stone"

"Nail in my hand from my creator
You gave me life now show me how to live"
-lyrics to "Show Me How To Live"

"I am not your rolling wheels
I am the highway
I am not your autumn moon
I am the night"
-lyrics to "I Am the Highway"

Audioslave won the Grammy Award for "Best rock video" and the album itself sold well enough to prompt a tour and even a second album.
The second album was called "Out of Exile" and it too spawned hits and sold well. Among these hits are "Your Time Has Come", "Drown Me Slowly", and "Be Yourself". A personal favorite of mine is "Doesn't Remind Me".

"I've been wandering sideways
I've stared straight into the sun
Still I don't know why you're dying
Long before your time has come"
-lyrics to "Your Time Has Come"

"I've got a will this time don't care what you say
I've got a feeling this will all go away
It's in the wind this time it's in the southern sky
I can't walk on water yet won't even try"
-lyrics to "Drown Me Slowly"

"To be yourself is all that you can do"
-lyrics to "Be Yourself"

"I walk the streets of Japan till I get lost
Cause it doesn't remind me of anything
With a graveyard tan carrying a cross
I like studying faces in a parking lot
I like driving backwards in the fog
Cause it doesn't remind me of anything"
-lyrics to "Doesn't Remind Me"

While many people were reminded of "Cochise" while listening to "Your Time Has Come", Audioslave still showed their fans of old and new that they have the potential to really rock. Sadly, Chris Cornell's old habit of smoking a pack a day is catching up to him and their live performances occasionally have him struggling to hit those higher notes and screams, but the R.A.T.M. three's performances are as amazing as ever.

Suggested listening from "Audioslave":
"Like A Stone"
"Cochise"
"I Am the Highway"
"Show Me How To Live"

Suggested listening from "Out of Exile":
"Be Yourself"
"Your Time Has Come"
"Drown Me Slowly"
"Doesn't Remind Me"

There are reviews pertaining to both Audioslave albums, and here are the links for you to check out at will:

Audioslave (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album.php?albumid=163)
Out of Exile (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album.php?albumid=2474)

Recently, the band announced their upcoming tour, and if you care to find out if they're coming to a venue near you:

Audioslave Official Website (http://www.audioslave.com/main/)

And if you want to hear different members of Audioslave in seperate bands/projects, here are some names you should check out:

Temple of the Dog, featuring Chris Cornell. You've most likely heard "Hunger Strike" or "Say Hello 2 Heaven".

Soundgarden, featuring Chris Cornell on vocals and rhythm guitar. Definately one of the more famous "grunge" bands of the eighties and nineties. Suggested listening? "Fell On Black Days", "Spoonman", "The Day I Tried To Live", "Blow Up The Outside World".

Rage Against the Machine, featuring Tom Morello, Tim Commerford, and Brad Wilk. One of the major rap rock bands of the nineties which incorperated political lyrics against metal guitars, bass, and drums. Suggested listening includes: "Take The Power Back", "Know Your Enemy", "Bulls On Parade", "Down Rodeo", "Calm Like A Bomb", "Renegades of Funk".

Axis of Justice, featuring Tom Morello and Serj Tankian of System of a Down. A side project formed by Morello, Tankian, and numerous other musicians. If you know of any songs you'd like people to listen to, or you think people would enjoy, please tell me so I can edit them in.

Suggested listening for Axis of Justice includes:

"(Whats So Funny Bout) Peace Love and Understanding"
"Alice In My Fantasies"
"Free Jam"

Official Website for Axis of Justice (http://www.axisofjustice.org/)

As a final note, Audioslave is still running strong and while their music may make you yearn for the days of R.A.T.M. and Soundgarden to return, I believe that they have the definate opportunity to improve and grow, as any new band would. Give them a chance, and you may be surprised.

I hope you find this informative and a pleasant read. I probably will edit every now and then just to keep this up to date, if the mods don't close it first.

Just in.. uploads:

UPLOADS:
Show Me How To Live:
http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2JUNV2RUP767S229NQ5V8W24GX

Like A Stone:
http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=20RS06V1B9Y2X0SMDT1JRHTUN2

Be Yourself:
http://s36.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1GANHDTZNIGDV25SUU465SQA7A

Doesn't Remind Me:
http://s36.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1AJ1UNXISV7120J8FJ9FQNFQ5S

BeaZ
08-28-2005, 06:51 AM
Nice write up, you obviously spent a fair bit of time on it, some uploads would be nice though. I like Audioslave, I'd like to correct one thing though, they were called Civillian Project but halfway through recording an album Cornell decided he didn't like where it was headed and left, later he returned the band renamed themselves Audioslave. Also before Cornell they had planned on getting B Real of Cypress Hill to join but that never came to be.

Shaft!
08-28-2005, 06:54 AM
Working on the uploads. Thanks for the info, I'll edit it in.

BeaZ
08-28-2005, 07:10 AM
Working on the uploads. Thanks for the info, I'll edit it in.

No worries. I can probably help with some uploads if you'd like?

EDIT: If you do want me to help upload, you'll need to give me a list of songs or something, I have both of Audioslaves studio albums + 2 bootlegs. I have Temple Of The Dog, 4 RATM albums and 5 Soundgarden albums.

Shaft!
08-28-2005, 07:27 AM
Sure, if you wouldn't mind. My e-mail, if you need it, is rabidflea428@yahoo.com.
I've never done this before, it'd help a lot.
"Show Me How To Live" and "Like A Stone" from "Audioslave".
"Be Yourself" and "Doesn't Remind Me" from "Out of Exile".
I think the side projects and bands can just be excluded. If this works, I might do another one of these on one of them eventually.

BeaZ
08-28-2005, 07:29 AM
Sure, if you wouldn't mind. My e-mail, if you need it, is rabidflea428@yahoo.com.
I've never done this before, it'd help a lot.
"Show Me How To Live" and "Like A Stone" from "Audioslave".
"Be Yourself" and "Doesn't Remind Me" from "Out of Exile".
I think the side projects and bands can just be excluded. If this works, I might do another one of these on one of them eventually.

No worries, I'll start uploading them now.

EDIT:

UPLOADS:
Show Me How To Live:
hxxp://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2JUNV2RUP767S229NQ5V8W24GX

Like A Stone:
hxxp://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=20RS06V1B9Y2X0SMDT1JRHTUN2

Be Yourself:
hxxp://s36.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1GANHDTZNIGDV25SUU465SQA7A

Doesn't Remind Me:
hxxp://s36.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1AJ1UNXISV7120J8FJ9FQNFQ5S

Don't forget to change the hxxp:// to http:// when you use the links.

FlyingPaul_83
08-28-2005, 09:16 AM
nice write up man :thumb:

IAJP
08-28-2005, 09:20 AM
I'm assuming, maybe wrongly, but there's not too much love for Audioslave around these parts?

I like some songs, they work well as a nice Rock Singles band. Yet I don't think they have the longlivety of the bands that spawned them. Rage Against The Machine and Soundgarden.

They're alright though.

Great write up old chap, :thumb: .

temporary
08-28-2005, 10:21 AM
Good write up, Audioslave isn't my favorite band though. Am I the only who thinks that Temple of the Dog was Cornell's best band?

Shaft!
08-28-2005, 10:32 AM
Quite possibly. While Temple of the Dog was good, I think Soundgarden was a better band in the sense of it had Temple of the Dog sort of in the mix. Audioslave's newer album has some Soundgarden-esque songs in it, such as "The Curse" and "Doesn't Remind Me", and there is one song that reminds me of Temple of the Dog, and that is "Heaven's Dead".
There is always room for improvement, but I think Temple of the Dog isn't exactly Cornell's best band. I always enjoy hearing Kim, Ben, Matt, and Cornell working together more than Temple of the Dog.
I still think Temple of the Dog was an awesome tribute project, though.

Darkness
08-28-2005, 10:58 AM
Very good job, Audioslave rocks, and even though I'm a bigger Rage fan, I still listen to Audioslave more then them now. I like Out Of Exile a lot, still not sure if I like it more then the self titled, but good none the less. I'm seeing them the first of October, which will be awesome... Morellos had a huge influence on my playing.

classicrockman
08-28-2005, 10:58 AM
Thank you Revolver for making an Audioslave thread!!

Mambuto_O'Mally
08-28-2005, 11:03 AM
Good thread. RATM is my favorite band and I loved Soundgarden so I like Audioslave a lot. I was going to see them when they are coming here, but I don't have a credit card so they can hold them for me. :upset:

Is it true that they were looking at one of the guys from Cypress Hill to be the vocalist?

Shaft!
08-28-2005, 11:05 AM
Morello has influenced a lot of my guitar playing as well. It's sort of cool that he makes these dead simple riffs sometimes, and then when the solo comes, he goes insane sometimes.
I won't say "all out" because I honestly don't know if he ever has.

classicrockman
08-28-2005, 11:08 AM
Morello has influenced a lot of my guitar playing as well. It's sort of cool that he makes these dead simple riffs sometimes, and then when the solo comes, he goes insane sometimes.
I won't say "all out" because I honestly don't know if he ever has.
I song like that would be "Your Time Has Come."

Whale and Wasp
08-28-2005, 11:09 AM
i think soundgarden and RATM are excellent bands but audioslave is pretty mediocre IMO

Shaft!
08-28-2005, 11:09 AM
I disagree. "Your Time Has Come" is one of the weaker songs on "Out of Exile". I'm pretty sure he hasn't gone all out yet, although the closest he may have come with Audioslave is "Doesn't Remind Me". The solo there is very nice.
"Your Time Has Come" reminds me of "Cochise".
edit: to classicrockman

classicrockman
08-28-2005, 11:14 AM
I disagree. "Your Time Has Come" is one of the weaker songs on "Out of Exile". I'm pretty sure he hasn't gone all out yet, although the closest he may have come with Audioslave is "Doesn't Remind Me". The solo there is very nice.
"Your Time Has Come" reminds me of "Cochise".
edit: to classicrockman
"Doesn't Remind Me" is just the E and A chord the whole time. :thumb:

I like "Man or Animal" too.

Shaft!
08-28-2005, 11:18 AM
"Doesn't Remind Me" is where it goes from simple to complex. I very much enjoyed listening to him solo like he did on that track. I didn't care about rhythm once I heard it. It lets Cornell's voice have its fame, and then Morello could have his.

Mambuto_O'Mally
08-28-2005, 11:19 AM
Yeah, Man or Animal is my favorite off that album. :thumb:

Shaft!
08-28-2005, 11:25 AM
I keep listening to "#1 Zero". I like the feel of the song, and the solo. That solo is another awesome bit from Morello. I was impressed with the guitar work on Out of Exile.
I really wish Tim would get a bit more complex, though. I'd love to hear a bass solo from him, or an intro like "Calm Like A Bomb" just one more time on some new material.
Come to think of it, I'd like to hear all of the members go all out. I think they definately have the potential.

DekWannaBFlea
08-28-2005, 12:22 PM
"Doesn't Remind Me" is where it goes from simple to complex. I very much enjoyed listening to him solo like he did on that track. I didn't care about rhythm once I heard it. It lets Cornell's voice have its fame, and then Morello could have his.

I agree completely, The solo on "Doesn't Remind me" is awesome. It has a nice build up to the solo and Morello lets loose the shred.

I really like Audioslave alot. I think some people miss the point that what the band is trying to do. They are trying to make a sound that is neither Soundgarden and RATM. People need to give them slack, trying to do that is amazingly difficult because there will always be comparisons to their former bands. I think that they are closer to finding that sound.

My favorite tracks would have to be "Cohise", "Like a stone" from S-T and "Doesn't remind me", "Out of exile", and "1# Zero from Out of exile. In my opinion Out of exile is the superior album and I would pick that up if you are looking to get into audioslave for the first time.

Darkness
08-28-2005, 12:48 PM
Man Or Animal and #1 Zero are my favorites on the new album. Tim did O.K on this cd, Tom did awesome, but the member who really shined isn't talked about. Brad Wilk did wicked awesome on this cd, way better then anything on any other realease hes been on. His fills and beats were top notch IMO.

CombatRock
08-28-2005, 12:52 PM
Im in a big delima, Audioslave is one of my favriote band as is The Adicts, well both them are playing in my state (texas) on October 15. I can go to one of their concerts but i dont know which one i should go to.

If i see Audioslave: Its an all day music festival in Shiner promoting Shiner Beer, its called Bocktoberfest. So there will be allot of country bands and er... Good Charrolte, aslo the tickets for that are $48. Also its outside....in south texas blah...

If i see The Adicts: Its in austin on 6th street (if anyone knows about that streets its a gigantic tourist attraction) $12 to get in, its inside a nice bar. Also if i go to this one 2 of my good friends are going (the chick is very hot).

The bottom line, seeing Audioslave would be more fun, obviously they have more talent but to put up with all the extra i just dont know.

Darkness
08-28-2005, 12:59 PM
Audioslave... but why not try and make both?

Shaft!
08-28-2005, 01:00 PM
I know how you feel, I just paid 51 bucks for a B.B. King concert, but it was very much worth it. Go with whatever you feel will make you happier in the long run. If it works for you, you won't regret it.

placidthought
08-28-2005, 02:05 PM
Axis of Justice, featuring Tom Morello and I believe Brad Wilk

Correction: Tom Morello and Serj Tankian of System of a Down opened the site and still promote it at their concerts.

Check it out. Join up, it's free.

Huber
08-28-2005, 02:11 PM
Very nice write-up. This band is really good I think. Sometimes I'd choose these guys over RATM or Soundgarden any day. I prefer there sound.

PinkFreud
08-28-2005, 02:15 PM
recommended listening for axis of justice:

(whats so funny bout) peace love and understanding
alice in my fantasies
free jam

i really like audioslave.

Shaft!
08-28-2005, 02:46 PM
Correction: Tom Morello and Serj Tankian of System of a Down opened the site and still promote it at their concerts.

Check it out. Join up, it's free.
Brad isn't in on it? My mistake, I will be editing these in.
Thanks guys.

Darkness
08-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Brad plays with them sometimes, but hes not a part of the organization.

perry589
08-28-2005, 03:02 PM
nice write up. audioslave are a good band. got half of out of exile and i think it is better than S-T. i would like chris to play rhythm guitar like he did with soundgarden becuase he is quite a good player, but the music might become too much like soundgarden. If audioslave was made before RATM and Soundgarden, then i think more people would like them because they wouldn't have that shadow of their former bands hanging over them.

Shaft!
08-28-2005, 03:06 PM
I think this previous album had a bit more Soundgarden influence in it than the self titled. "The Curse" and "#1 Zero" reminded me of Soundgarden. "The Curse" because of its guitar work. "#1 Zero" because of the vocals and lyrics in general.

Huber
08-28-2005, 03:12 PM
Awww...Audioslave aren't coming close enough to me. I don't know if I can find someone willing to drive that far... :(

Mr Herb
08-28-2005, 03:22 PM
Am really getting into their latest cd, I really like dsnt remind me. . .its relaxing

Cornells lyrics are a bit too weird sometimes thou

CombatRock
08-28-2005, 03:43 PM
Audioslave... but why not try and make both?
That would be very impossible, Austin and Shiner are about 3 hours away, The Adicts start at around 9 or 8 since they are headling same with Audioslave.

DuncMaster
08-28-2005, 03:44 PM
Alot of artists play at the AOJ concerts, I have the 1st CD/DVD. People like Maynard, Flea, SOAD drummer, Brad Wilk etc.

Yup Audioslave fcking rock. I saw them June 1st '05 in Glasgow. Awsome concert, 1st one I've ever been to. And I agree with Revolver, Chris can be poor singing live because he smokes...but, trust me, that night he blew me away. I've never appreciated singing so much.

The RATM boys were immense aswell. I was watching Tom the whole night, he's the reason I started playin guitar. The atmosphere was amazing, especially when they brought the house down with some Rage classics, Killing In The Name...Oh My...!!

Nice Write-up, Revolver. :smoke:

Huber
08-28-2005, 03:47 PM
I need to get Out Of Exile, the Doesn't Remind Me song rocks.

Shaft!
08-28-2005, 04:54 PM
Definately an improvement in technique since their first album.

PinkFreud
08-28-2005, 05:41 PM
eh, chris' voice has definitely lost something, yet hes still a better vocalist than the majority of them out there.

Shaft!
08-28-2005, 05:49 PM
It was that pack a day back in the day. It's a good thing that he stopped smoking, but the long term effects have taken place already.
Hey, he still beats everyone who has that nasally voice.

whatduffhuck7
08-28-2005, 06:12 PM
audioslave will be known for years to come. i saw on allmusic.com they rated the new audioslave (out of exile) better than there first one. the first album had so many good songs its hard to believe they could make better

Shaft!
08-28-2005, 06:54 PM
They could, but it'll take a good bit of time. People can always make something better, but it does take time and joint effort.

BeaZ
08-28-2005, 08:34 PM
Wow, I'm really glad to see that this thread has got some support. I personally love Out Of Exile and S/T songs like Number 1 Zero, The Worm, Man Or Animal, Show Me How To Live, Gasoline and Like A Stone. All excellent songs.

I personally think that Soundgarden is the best of all the 'previous' bands.

Darkness
08-28-2005, 10:45 PM
Rage > Audioslave > Soundgarden IMO.

Darkness
08-28-2005, 10:50 PM
I need to get Out Of Exile, the Doesn't Remind Me song rocks.
Man Or Animal and #1 Zero will blow you away if you like Doesn't Remind Me.

The best slow song is Yesterday to Tomorrow... thats a great song.

Five Magics
08-28-2005, 11:17 PM
I think people must stop comparing Soundgarden and Rage to Audioslave. There would be no point to recreate those bands in this one. I think Audioslave is developing their own approach to music.

TOP 2 Favourites from each album:

S/T -> Shadow on the Sun, Show me how to live
OOE -> Yesterday to Tomorrow, Out of Exile

Drone
08-29-2005, 07:48 AM
Audioslave is a great band IMO. I own both of their albums and they both have been worth every penny spent. They were a very popular band in my dorm at university last year, that is how I got into them.

My favorite songs are the following:

Audioslave: Cochise, Show Me How to Live, Gasoline, Set It Off, Shadow On the Sun, Exploder

Out of Exile: Out of Exile, Doesn't Remind Me (love the solo), The Worm, Man or Animal, Yesterday to Tomorrow

As you can see, I have quite a few favorites.

Deathtoall99
08-29-2005, 08:10 AM
wonderful band, and a good write-up.
ya audioslave sure is powerful.
I own both of their albums, but seem to find the first album stronger, musically speaking, yet find the sounds and lyrics of the second album to be quite relaxing...

Generally I prefer the power and amp cornell puts into the songs.
Dosn't anyone like Exploder, off the first album?

Its so powerful, it literally explodes, lol.
but ya... flat out... audioslave is really coming along. I hope they continue their endeavors, and make atleast a few more albums.

oh ya... and tell em to come to friggin Northeastern US... geez... they like that west coast lol.

Shaft!
08-29-2005, 03:15 PM
"Exploder"...I do love that song. I enjoy "Shadow on the Sun", "Show Me How To Live", "I Am The Highway", and "Bring 'Em Back Alive".
I think it's the effects in all of those songs, plus Cornell's lyrics for "Exploder".

Darkness
08-29-2005, 03:18 PM
I love Bring 'Em Back Alive, the lyrics are sweet. Not my favorite, just an underrated song I wanted to bring up..

Shaft!
08-29-2005, 06:39 PM
It is quite decent. I love the intro and the build up.

Dr. Jake Destructo
08-29-2005, 07:42 PM
Nice write up, you obviously spent a fair bit of time on it, some uploads would be nice though. I like Audioslave, I'd like to correct one thing though, they were called Civillian Project but halfway through recording an album Cornell decided he didn't like where it was headed and left, later he returned the band renamed themselves Audioslave. Also before Cornell they had planned on getting B Real of Cypress Hill to join but that never came to be.

Wow, I did not know this. I loved when B Real did a cameo apprearance when RATM covered the Cypress Hill song How I Could Just Kill a Man. That would have been an awesome collaboration.

I've heard all the songs in the uploads section. :( I am really digging Doesn't Remind Me, though. I love all of it, minus the solo, of all things. :p His tone sounds like he wound his neck pickup badly, or something. Then, the wah+wank sounds incredibly cheap. :-/ Still love the rest of the song, though.

Darkness
08-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Thats actually sort of wrong, Cornell liked it, but due to managing problems he had to leave.

BeaZ
08-29-2005, 08:40 PM
Wow, I did not know this. I loved when B Real did a cameo apprearance when RATM covered the Cypress Hill song How I Could Just Kill a Man. That would have been an awesome collaboration.
Yeah, I absolutely agree but don't you think that it would've been way to similar to RATM? I guess that's what most of there fans wanted though.

Thats actually sort of wrong, Cornell liked it, but due to managing problems he had to leave.
I'm pretty certain that it was because he didn't like where it was going I read an official biography of them that was on there old website.

Dr. Jake Destructo
08-29-2005, 10:29 PM
Yeah, I absolutely agree but don't you think that it would've been way to similar to RATM? I guess that's what most of there fans wanted though.

I actually doubt it would have been that similair to RATM. I mean, sure, B Real and Zack both rap, but I doubt RATM would have kept to their whole "SOCIALIST OR BUST" approach. :p The music would have probably changed as well. RATM was strictly a rock band with a rapper. I would venture to guess that if B Real had entered the mix, RATM would have turned into something more like Faith No More, where you have the rapping, and the insturmentals are also more hip hop influenced.

Darkness
08-29-2005, 10:34 PM
I'm pretty certain that it was because he didn't like where it was going I read an official biography of them that was on there old website.
Really? so did I... strange.

Krabsworth
08-29-2005, 10:35 PM
Tom Morello is a very unique guitarist, I enjoy his playing alot.

BeaZ
08-30-2005, 12:33 AM
Really? so did I... strange.
Hehe, well they seemed to have removed the bio so I can't prove it but I'm pretty certain.

tehnick
08-30-2005, 03:11 AM
i think audioslave are great and hope they come to Oz soon

chris cornell <3

BeaZ
08-30-2005, 04:42 AM
i think audioslave are great and hope they come to Oz soon

chris cornell <3

I want them to come to Australia too, more specifically Melbourne but I think that there tickets would be really expensive.

DuncMaster
09-01-2005, 06:43 AM
http://music.aol.com/artist/main.adp?tab=songvid&artistid=543386&albumid=0

:smoke:

Shaft!
09-03-2005, 01:01 PM
I would like to just take a moment to express my embarrassment that I hadn't noticed how awesome a song "Getaway Car" is off of the first Audioslave album, and "The Last Remaining Light".
I am currently listening to the former and everything is just completely working out for me with this song...and Morello's soloing is beautiful. It's not shred, it's laid back blues, and Timmy C.'s bassline is amazing for the mood of the solo.
Brad is really showing his stuff too, I'm really impressed. Cornell's voice is awesome as well. I've completely overlooked the beauty of these tracks for so long. It's taken a harsh break up to help me really appreciate these works.

blue3
09-03-2005, 10:10 PM
Awesome. I love Audioslave. I'm going to their concert in October.

Mr Herb
09-03-2005, 10:18 PM
dsnt remind is just great, the msuic goes great with the lirical message.

Shaft!
09-08-2005, 08:08 PM
I enjoy the grungy lyrics, but Morello's work is amazing to me. It can be so simple, and then so beautiful at the same time. I've said that so much by now...
I'd love to see their show in Atlanta. I really hope the gas prices drop a bit.

Forbidden
10-18-2005, 06:27 PM
the uploads at the beginning of this thread seem to have expired.
I am especially interested in getting ahold of "Doesn't Remind Me."

I think the song is mediocre (just my opinion) but the solo is really something else.. i think I will try to learn it.

So I was hoping somebody could either reactivate the file or someone could upload it again for everyone...?

blue3
10-19-2005, 02:07 AM
I could send the song to you through e-mail or something since we can't upload here.

merobb
10-22-2005, 08:57 PM
I love Audioslave. They're a great rock band and the people that constantly complain about them being nothing like their predecessors need to screw off. This is Audioslave, they're not trying to be Rage, and they're not trying to be Soundgarden. I don't know about anyone else but I'm perfectly fine with that. I loved Rage but sh*t happens, get over it.

And I can't wait till Nov. 10th when they're in Indy! Hopefully I can get Tom to sign my guitar. B)

DeusExMachina
10-22-2005, 09:42 PM
Hate to rain on the parade, but those uploads should be removed. YSI links have been banned from MX, unfortunately.

Darkness
10-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Hate to rain on the parade, but those uploads should be removed. YSI links have been banned from MX, unfortunately.
Take note of the date of those uploads. Then take note of YSI's policy to delete uploads past a week long. :thumb:

6stringslinger
10-24-2005, 10:03 PM
Anybody seen the video for Doesnt Remind Me?...interesting
Also share your thoughts on how you interpet the lyrics of the song..

I think Cornells songwriting lyrics are genius, one thing strange about him is his obsession about then "sun" and continous references to "kill yourself"

CrookedFingers
10-24-2005, 10:57 PM
I just saw them live on sunday and I've got to say, it was the best thing ever. The only thing that comes close is maybe getting head.... MAYBE.

Morello was melting my face off with his awesome solos throughout the night.
God, I love Audioslave.

blue3
10-25-2005, 12:57 AM
Yeah I've seen the Doesn't Remind Me video. It's okay, not my favorite. My friend got the 'Live in Cuba' DVD. I've only seen half of it, but it's great so far.

DuncMaster
10-25-2005, 06:49 AM
I can't get the DVD anywhere. Think it's only out in the US. Ugh. I found a site from a link on the Audioslave site that may mean I can buy it from there.

BeaZ
10-25-2005, 07:02 AM
Yeah I've seen the Doesn't Remind Me video. It's okay, not my favorite. My friend got the 'Live in Cuba' DVD. I've only seen half of it, but it's great so far.I didn't know they released it as a DVD, I'm going to have to look into this now. I thought the Doesn't Remind Me video was ok but I during the solo I actually wanted to see Morello playing but I didn't which made me a little sad.

DuncMaster
10-25-2005, 07:13 AM
I didn't know they released it as a DVD, I'm going to have to look into this now. I thought the Doesn't Remind Me video was ok but I during the solo I actually wanted to see Morello playing but I didn't which made me a little sad.
DVD came out 11th of October, but only in America. :angry:

6stringslinger
10-25-2005, 03:45 PM
I won't continue to bump this thread I just want to share my interpetation of the lyrics of Doest Remind me, please feel free to agree or disagree

If you have a different interpetation share it

I interpet the song as someone who has had a bunch of troubling thoughts or bad events in his or her lifetime so they now tend to find things that are rather bland or or boring to think about that does not remind them of thier past

Shaft!
10-25-2005, 04:23 PM
The "Doesn't Remind Me" video dissappointed the Hell out of me. I understand it, but you don't see any of the band members. Maybe someone could check to see if any of the kids were related to any of the members?
I haven't heard much good stuff about the DVD. Mainly Chris's singing. The guy probably needs to rest more than he does. His lungs have to be almost shot.

El_Goodo
10-25-2005, 07:16 PM
The title of this thread annoys be causes it unecessarily long...but anyways I love Audioslave! And I saw them live in Calgary on October 2nd! It was possibly the best concert I've been too! (And i've been to Velvet Revolver, Metallica, Ozzy, Van Halen, and Alice Cooper). Cornell's acoustic bit was freaking amazing, and after hearing the acoustic version of The Curse...it became my favourite song. I was a little disapointed with the Like A Stone, the guitar's tone wasnt the best. But it was still great.

And Cornell was a good frontman, he didnt do anything to amazing, but his voice was perfect, and he really got the Audience singing. And he seemed really down to Earth. "Yeah! This is a rock show! There's already two people fighting! *sarcastic voice* Yeah! Lets go to a rock show and fight */sarcastic fight*" and Then he was talking about how Edmonton rocked and some people booed and he was like "Okay you can boo...I dont live there."

Morello also said his favourite team was the Calgary Flames. Speaking of Morello he too was awesome, I went into the concert thinking, hes an alright guitarist, sometimes he takes the effects a little too far. And I left thinking! He's a modern day guitar hero! (But he does still take the effects a little far sometimes).

Anyways here's my favourite Audioslave songs;
1.) The Curse
2.) Like A Stone/I Am The Highway
3.) #1 Zero (LOVE THE BRIDGE!)
4.) Drown Me Slowly

Most of them are from the second album, cause I listened the hell out of their first one!

Shaft!
10-25-2005, 08:16 PM
Sorry about the length of the title, but it is unofficial and it's an attention grabber.
I enjoyed "Getaway Car" and "The Last Remaining Light" from the first album the most out of almost all of their songs so far.
Morello's effects are plenty, but they work in their own way. The use of the effects is what counts, which is why I haven't tired from Audioslave, R.A.T.M., or Incubus.

blue3
10-25-2005, 11:34 PM
I'm listening to Getaway Car right now. Too bad they didn't play #1 Zero at the concert I went to.

DuncMaster
10-26-2005, 07:14 AM
The title of this thread annoys be causes it unecessarily long...but anyways I love Audioslave! And I saw them live in Calgary on October 2nd! It was possibly the best concert I've been too! (And i've been to Velvet Revolver, Metallica, Ozzy, Van Halen, and Alice Cooper). Cornell's acoustic bit was freaking amazing, and after hearing the acoustic version of The Curse...it became my favourite song. I was a little disapointed with the Like A Stone, the guitar's tone wasnt the best. But it was still great.

And Cornell was a good frontman, he didnt do anything to amazing, but his voice was perfect, and he really got the Audience singing. And he seemed really down to Earth. "Yeah! This is a rock show! There's already two people fighting! *sarcastic voice* Yeah! Lets go to a rock show and fight */sarcastic fight*" and Then he was talking about how Edmonton rocked and some people booed and he was like "Okay you can boo...I dont live there."

Morello also said his favourite team was the Calgary Flames. Speaking of Morello he too was awesome, I went into the concert thinking, hes an alright guitarist, sometimes he takes the effects a little too far. And I left thinking! He's a modern day guitar hero! (But he does still take the effects a little far sometimes).

Anyways here's my favourite Audioslave songs;
1.) The Curse
2.) Like A Stone/I Am The Highway
3.) #1 Zero (LOVE THE BRIDGE!)
4.) Drown Me Slowly

Most of them are from the second album, cause I listened the hell out of their first one!
Tom is the best Rock guitarist out there IMO. He doesn't ever seem to get enough recognition for some weird reason.

A pig in a cage on antibiotics
10-26-2005, 11:49 AM
Hey there, Does anyone know if Tom puts his wah through his effects loop or straight through the input? thanks

Actually does anyone know what he puts through the effects loop and what goes through the front? thanks. a pic would be great.

Shaft!
10-26-2005, 04:37 PM
Tom is awesome, but the tendancy to use solos that are just effects rather than actual melodic soloing has sort of given him an image that it appears he is trying to get rid of. He wants to prove that he can still blow away anyone.
He's a master at effects, though. Cannot deny that.

Wannabe Steve Harris
11-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Saw Audioslave in Hartford, CT last night and they absolutley RIPPED!

All the songs were exceptional but the crowd absolutley lost it on "Killing in the Name" and "Sleep Now in the Fire". I figured the Rage tunes would be a big hit but it was crazy.

"Rusty Cage" went over big as well, and all the Audioslave tracks were awesome, really not a bad moment in the whole show. They are definitley a band that rule the live arena.

Shaft!
11-04-2005, 04:42 PM
Is there any new commentary on the Live in Cuba DVD? I know that the review on Sputnik was less than complimentary of Chris' vocals.

Darkness
11-04-2005, 04:44 PM
I didn't buy it, due to the poor setlist. All the songs on there I like I saw live myself, so its pointless... I wish they played Man Or Animal and #1 Zero...

In other news, their 3rd album is finished, and it will be out next year.

GenuineImitation
11-04-2005, 04:48 PM
I may get the DVD for christmas. What songs do they play?