PDA

View Full Version : Iced Earth

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Stormrider
08-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Iced Earth was started in 1985 by Jon Schaffer. By then It went by the name of Purgatory 60. It was chaged to Iced Earth before their demos.

With the succes of the demo the band released, they recorded their Debut album, Iced Earth (1991) With the record company Century Media.
Which was a big Sucess in the Europe underground.

Their next album, Night Of The Stormrider (1992) brought a new a drummer and singer Greely. As adams had been fired because he refused to take singing listens before the recording of the album. This album was a conept one. The story line was a man who turned away from religion in anger as he bleived religon gad betrayed him. So the dark forces of the world take him and use him to bring the end to the world.

During the 3 year break between NOTSR and their new album, Burt Offerings (1995). It also brought new drummer and new singer Matthew Barlow. As G reely had been fired because of making racist coments on stage and of trying to steal money from the bassist. Jon nowadays, bashes this album as their worst one yet. Here Jons Feelings on the album...http://www.icedearth.com/wwwbb_msg.php?m=2

Then came Another Concept album, Dark Saga. Which was based on the comic Spawn. Simpler riffs to fit the story line. Different then the earlier abums but something good altogether for the IE fans. This album marked the Breakthrough for IE in the US.

Their next album, was all the songs from the first 3cd's compiled on 2 disks, for the newer IE fans to get a taste of The older IE stuff. It was Called Days Of Purgatory.

Then Came Something Wicked This Way Comes (1998). With the departure of Randy Shawyer, Larry Tarnoski took his place. This album was the first of a Trilogy of albums. Following this albums, there was an extrmely succesful 6 week US tour.

Then came a live album called Alive In Athens which was recorded live in Athens Greece. A specail set list for both nights because it was made to be recorded for a live cd.

In Europe, they dominated stages at the Gods Of Metal festival in Italy, the Dynamo festival in The Netherlands, and the legendary Wacken Open Air festival in Germany.

Their next album was Called Horrow Show ( 2001) Which was based on the bands long time obsesion of sci fi and Horror. A new drummer was in this album, Richard Christy with songs of the story of monsters such as Dracula, Frankestein the Wolf Man ect. This album excels in the Vocal department by Matt Barlow.

Then came Tribute To The Gods, which was a tribute album to who had influenced Iced Earth.

With the things that happened on 9-11. Matt looked at his life from a different view. www.icedearth.com Heres a letter he wrote, to why he left the band...Most of you have probably read it anyways.

Due to neck and back injuries for Schaeffer, some tours over the years were delayed, because the band gave 100% each show, and Jon said that in his state, he wouldnt be able to do that.

There next album, The Glorious Burden( 2004) came with anew singer called Tim "ripper" Owens. It includes the 30 minute long Trilogy of Gettysburg. 3 days of battle in Gettysburg 1863.

IE are currently making 2 new albums. They are along the lines of the Something Wicked Trilogy and are scheduled to be relesed 6 months apart next. Their concept albums as well.

Realeses:
Enter the Realm Demo, 1988
Studio Demos '89 Demo, 1989
Iced Earth Full-length, 1990
Night of the Stormrider Full-length, 1991
Burnt Offerings Full-length, 1995
The Dark Saga Full-length, 1996
Days of Purgatory Best of/Compilation, 1997
Something Wicked This Way Comes Full-length, 1998
The Melancholy EP EP, 1999
Alive in Athens Live album, 1999
Horror Show Full-length, 2001
Dark Genesis Boxed set, 2002
Tribute To the Gods Full-length, 2002
The Reckoning Single, 2003
The Glorious Burden Full-length, 2004
The Blessed And The Damned Best of/Compilation, 2004
Gettysburg (1863) DVD, 2005

Recommended Albums to get first:

Night of The Stormrider
Something Wicked this way Comes
Alive in Athens(3 disk set)

Daven
08-23-2005, 09:24 PM
This should be an Iced Earth thread instead of asking someone to do an Iced Earth thread. If you want to do it, do it.

Stormrider
08-23-2005, 09:29 PM
ok then let this be the iced earth thread

IheartSP
08-23-2005, 09:33 PM
I think Iced Earth is a decent band. Sometimes I think they go a bit overboard with the thrash, and they also go a bit overboard with the acoustic. When they are melodic though they do an amazing job. I think the voice of Barlow is a bit cheesy, and the new stuff sounds too much like Judas Priest. My favorite songs are Angel's Holocaust, 1776, and Wolf. 1776 is an amazing instrumental. I love the harmonized leads and heavy riffs. One thing I think is exceptional about Iced Earth is John Schaffer's rythym tone. He has the best rythym tone I've ever heard. You can really hear it in 1776 and Stand Alone. It has so much balls to it it's unbelievable.

Daven
08-23-2005, 09:35 PM
ok then let this be the iced earth thread

Now we're talking.

Iced Earth is a great band, IMO, although i liked more Barlow's vocals than the other guy's. My favorite songs are :

The Hunter
Pure Evil
When The Eagle Cries
Wolf

IheartSP
08-23-2005, 09:37 PM
Who's Mike Patton? I've only heard stuff with Barlow and a few songs with Owens.

Stormrider
08-23-2005, 09:38 PM
I think Iced Earth is a decent band. Sometimes I think they go a bit overboard with the thrash, and they also go a bit overboard with the acoustic. When they are melodic though they do an amazing job. I think the voice of Barlow is a bit cheesy, and the new stuff sounds too much like Judas Priest. My favorite songs are Angel's Holocaust, 1776, and Wolf. 1776 is an amazing instrumental. I love the harmonized leads and heavy riffs. One thing I think is exceptional about Iced Earth is John Schaffer's rythym tone. He has the best rythym tone I've ever heard. You can really hear it in 1776 and Stand Alone. It has so much balls to it it's unbelievable.

i greatly disgree about barlows voice being cheesy. i think his vioice is amazing....he has an amazing melodic voice. As to what i find bad about iced earth its that there rythms tend to be over used somtimes but that dosnt change my opinion on them.

Daven
08-23-2005, 09:41 PM
Yeah, i also think Barlow's voice is great and it fits the band perfectly; i didnt like the other's singer voice, it didnt fit the band IMO

Stormrider
08-23-2005, 09:43 PM
Its a shame he left the band but I respect his reasonings.

Stormrider
08-23-2005, 09:50 PM
Who's Mike Patton? I've only heard stuff with Barlow and a few songs with Owens.

i dnt think this Mike Patton has anything to do with Iced Earth actualy......Gene Adams, Jon Greely,Mathew Barlow and Tim Owens r all the IE singers....

IheartSP
08-23-2005, 09:54 PM
What albums were Adams and Greely on?

Stormrider
08-23-2005, 09:56 PM
What albums were Adams and Greely on?

Greely was on Night Of The Stormrider......and Adams was on Iced EArth.....both of them were only on one album each.....greely's i liked but Adams at first his voice i find it plain awful but it eventualy grows on you!!

Daven
08-23-2005, 09:57 PM

I confused Patton with Barlow, but i think Patton was on Fantomas and Mr. Bungle;not sure though

IheartSP
08-23-2005, 09:58 PM
Angel's Holocaust always sounded liek Barlow to me, but I can tell Pure Evil ahs a different voice. He sounds a lot like Barlow I must say.

MAthiAS
08-23-2005, 10:01 PM
Barlow is the man, he's Bruce Dickinson incarnation 2.

Great band.

Stormrider
08-23-2005, 10:01 PM
Angel's Holocaust always sounded liek Barlow to me, but I can tell Pure Evil ahs a different voice. He sounds a lot like Barlow I must say.

Ive noticed that it ddint sound like Greely in Angel's Holocaust...The backround vocals kind of sound like Barlow in Dracula....

Sleeper
08-23-2005, 10:14 PM
I only have Horror Show, pretty good stuff.

Stormrider
08-23-2005, 10:15 PM
I only have Horror Show, pretty good stuff.

I havnt herd all the songs on that album but i love Barlow in Dracula:

Sleeper
08-23-2005, 10:16 PM
Dracula was the first song i heard, i was blown away by the vocals.

Stormrider
08-23-2005, 10:18 PM
There just simply amazing ! Thats gotta be one of Barlow's best performance.

Lucr3tia
08-23-2005, 10:20 PM
Awesome band, first albums of theirs that I got was "Something Wicked This Way Comes". I now have five of their albums.

Stormrider
08-23-2005, 10:22 PM
Awesome band, first albums of theirs that I got was "Something Wicked This Way Comes". I now have five of their albums.

Unfortunatly I only have three :( ..But but ill get them all eventualy :)

Lucr3tia
08-23-2005, 10:29 PM
unfortunatly i only have three :( ....but but ill get them all eventualy :)
You can download the ones you don't have off me if you want. (legally.. :rolleyes: )

AIM: Lucr3tia

Stormrider
08-23-2005, 10:32 PM
You can download the ones you don't have off me if you want. (legally.. :rolleyes: )

AIM: Lucr3tia

Thanx for the offer but no thats ok. I rather buy them all eventualy...but like I said thanks anywyas.

PS: Since you seem to have them all which ones your favorite ?

Lucr3tia
08-23-2005, 10:34 PM
sry im mnot gone but anyways thanx for the offer but no thats ok....i rather buy them all eventualy....but like i sed thnx anywyas .....

PS:sice u seem to hav them all which ones ur favorite???
I love them all, Iced Earth is my favorite band other than Megadeth. I usually don't ever dislike songs by bands unless it's really that bad.

I only have five of the albums though.

Stormrider
08-23-2005, 10:37 PM
I love them all, Iced Earth is my favorite band other than Megadeth. I usually don't ever dislike songs by bands unless it's really that bad.

I only have five of the albums though.

What was the first song you heard from them that brought you to like them?

ROH
08-23-2005, 10:38 PM
A Question of Heaven is their best song, IMO.

Even better at Alive in Athens.

Stormrider
08-23-2005, 10:41 PM
A Question of Heaven is their best song, IMO.

Even better at Alive in Athens.

Yeah, definatly in their tops.

Lucr3tia
08-23-2005, 10:42 PM
what was the first song u herd from them that brought you to like them?
No idea, a friend told me about them and I got the "Something Wicked This Way Comes" album from him. So like...all the songs on that album?

Daven
08-23-2005, 10:43 PM
Something Wicked This Way Comes is my favorite cd by them.

ESP_VIPER
08-23-2005, 10:51 PM
I think IMO every Iced Earth CD is GREAT! I just got their new one "The Glorious Burden" and it is Sweet. Their guitar Riffs and vocals are amazing. You all need to go pick up all their albums and listen away because Iced Earth is one of the greatist bands ever!

Lord Abortion
08-24-2005, 02:57 AM
Iced earth are my second favourite band....I did a featured artist on them a few weeks back which I will find for you, this gives some great info on the band and their past...

favourite 5 songs
a question of heaven
desert rain
the reaping stone
I died for you
stormrider

http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369790&highlight=earth

Freezing Moon
08-24-2005, 03:21 AM
I like Burnt Offerings and Night of the Stormrider a lot.

Lord Abortion
08-24-2005, 03:22 AM
indeed, those and something wicked are my favourite studio albums

Freezing Moon
08-24-2005, 03:26 AM
How's Alive in Athens?

Lord Abortion
08-24-2005, 03:42 AM
How's Alive in Athens?
the best live album I have ever heard

seriously...I like it better than live after death, live at donnington and live in liepzig...

it's THAT good...seriously get it if it's humanly possible

Iron Bars
08-24-2005, 06:43 AM
Great band. I recently got Night of the Stormrider and that was not the last album I'm going to get. The vocals and the melodic parts are really great.

Favarite song at the moment is Travel in stygian.

-The Frank
08-24-2005, 07:20 AM
im not too much of a iced earth fan but, theres this kid in my school who was taught guitar by iced earths lead guitarist before they became famous. so every once in a while he will send the kid free tickets and such.
pretty dope

Deth
08-24-2005, 07:37 AM
I love Iced Earth (note avatar). My 5 favorite songs right now would be:

A Question Of Heaven
Dante's Inferno
Stormrider
Something Wicked Trilogy (yes that's cheating)
Gettysberg Trilogy (cheating again)

Also, if anyone here hasn't heard The Glorious Burden, I encourage you to check it out, it's a great album.

Klander Brigade
08-24-2005, 09:01 AM
I like Iced Earth, I'd like to see them live sometime... whenever I hear or see of them I can't help thinking "Iced Maiden" or "Iron Earth". The similiarities, probably more visually and thematically than musicially, are that obvious to me. But I still like them

Stormrider
08-24-2005, 10:30 AM
Ive heard somwhere that theres a new Iced Earth cd coming out?.Anyone have any details on that?

I dnt now if its true though...

Wish
08-24-2005, 10:43 AM
ive herd somwhere that theres a new Iced Earth cd coming out?.....anyone hav any detasils on that?

i dnt now if its true tho....
Not too sure. I'll ask around.
Their website hasn't been updated since May 13 :-/

Arrakakaka
08-24-2005, 11:03 AM
I listened to Iced Earth up to when Jon left.

Stormrider
08-24-2005, 12:04 PM
I listened to Iced Earth up to when Jon left.

Are you talking bout Jon Shaeffer ?...cuz if you are well he never left the band...Iced Earth is his band...if he decided to leave ..it wouldnt be Iced earth anymore.

maidenmetallica
08-24-2005, 01:10 PM
Barlow is the man, he's Bruce Dickinson incarnation 2.

Great band.
Listen to their cover of Number of the Beast, it sounds good until he tries to pull off the Dickinson scream (didn't they call the London air raid/siren?) and fails miserably. IMO Ripper is much better.
Their best album is something wicked... and 1776 is an amazing instrumental. Alive in Athens is very good too, bunch of very good songs, especially Dante's Inferno, much better than the Burnt Offerings version.

ru talling bout Jon Shaeffer ?.....cuz if u are well he never left the band...Iced Earth is his band...if he decided to leave ....it wouldnt be Iced earth anymore
Yeah Off course he's still there. The band has gone through 3 singers, like 3 guitarists, 6 drummers (their previous one was Richard Christy, who's on the Howard Stern show now), and a bassist.

Freezing Moon
08-24-2005, 01:25 PM
the best live album I have ever heard

seriously...I like it better than live after death, live at donnington and live in liepzig...

it's THAT good...seriously get it if it's humanly possible

Wow, I'll look into it.

wrathchild88
08-24-2005, 01:39 PM
why aren't they touring at the moment?

is it because they havn't got anyone to replace James MacDonough?

And yes, Alive in Athens is the most awesome live CD ever created.

Dread_rocker
08-24-2005, 02:34 PM
It would be amazing if Barlow comes back in the band for the new "Something Wicked" follow up their working on now. Unlikely though, Barlow is wrapped up in his Police band business.

Terrorzone
08-24-2005, 04:16 PM
I hope they go back and make another thrashy one.

iceland_is_mine
08-24-2005, 05:33 PM
I'm pretty sure Jon has been having medical (back) problems, and also is having a kid.

I'm interested to see how the new lineup will work, although Jon is the life blood of the band and you will always be able to tell it's Iced Earth when he's writing the songs. I was kinda pissed when Jimmy left though.

NEVRMORE2
08-24-2005, 05:55 PM
who did vocal for burning times?

Txus
08-24-2005, 06:08 PM
IE is an amazing band i love them, matt barlow's vocals were amazing but its a real shame he left the band because they were great and they still are but it's not the same my currently favorite IE song is Wolf wow what an amazing intro i love the drumms on that song .

Stormrider
08-24-2005, 06:19 PM
who did vocal for burning times?

Barlow sings it that songs.

Stormrider
08-24-2005, 06:21 PM
It would be amazing if Barlow comes back in the band for the new "Something Wicked" follow up their working on now. Unlikely though, Barlow is wrapped up in his Police band business.

Do you now when that album is coming out ?

NEVRMORE2
08-24-2005, 07:44 PM
barlow sings it that songs...i love it!!!!
that is barlw? cool i love that one and the wold (i have the blessed and the ****ed) he really fits the band. the drummer left the band to become a comedian of the howard stern show???? thats awsome.

NEVRMORE2
08-24-2005, 09:10 PM
im jus curious to now wat song brought all of you's into Iced earth....the first IE song i herd was Declaration Day.....about all of u?
im-oh-tep great song.

i love the drumms on that song .
i could not friggen do that for 5 minutes

ArcLite
08-24-2005, 09:13 PM
To NEVRMORE2 and Stormrider331...no more double and triple posts. Put all that you have to say into one post at a time.

Now back on topic, IE is one of my all time favorite metal bands. They never had a bad album. The Barlow days were the glory days for them in my eyes, but I have hope and faith that they will continue to pump out good tunes.

Deth
08-24-2005, 09:36 PM
I just listened to the Gettysberg trilogy. If you haven't heard it yet, you must.

maidenmetallica
08-25-2005, 03:16 AM
that is barlw? cool i love that one and the wold (i have the blessed and the ****ed) he really fits the band. the drummer left the band to become a comedian of the howard stern show???? thats awsome.
lol I don't listen that often, but basically whenever he's on, Howard and the other guys are making fun of him.

Stormrider
08-25-2005, 11:52 AM
I just listened to the Gettysberg trilogy. If you haven't heard it yet, you must.

My fav song in the trilogy is the Devil to Pay...I like Tim Owens vocals and the riffs in that song.

Shattered_Future
08-25-2005, 01:07 PM
I picked up Dark Saga as an impulse buy a year or so ago...

Barlow's got a killer voice...he can hit great highs and lows, and he can make his voice harsh, yet still keep it clean. The rest of the band backs him up perfectly.

Hells Bells
08-25-2005, 01:35 PM
Yeah, Barlow has an awesome voice, it's so deep and rich. IE is one of the bands I use to introduce people to power metal, they're a great example of the genre and don't have what most people would pass off as cheesiness...and what usually scares them away from it.

Muellator
08-25-2005, 01:39 PM
Yes Iced Earth is my second favourite band, next to Iron Maiden. I have all of their studio albums and Days of Purgatory. I like them all, my least favourite is the debut, its not horrible, Gene Adam isnt a very strong singer, at times it sounds ok, but on songs like Iced Earth it is wretched. Thats why I like Days of Purgatory, because many of the older songs are great, and with Barlow singing, they are awesome. I recommend this to anyone who like Barlow, but also likes the pre-Barlow stuff. My personal favourite album is Burnt Offerings, followed by Something Wicked This Way Comes. The Barlow stuff is my favourite, but I do like the Glorious Burden and the Gettysburg series. Attila is an amazing song and would be one of my favourites.

Muellator
08-25-2005, 01:42 PM
Listen to their cover of Number of the Beast, it sounds good until he tries to pull off the Dickinson scream (didn't they call the London air raid/siren?) and fails miserably.
I don't know what youre talking about, I think he does it fine, Bruce can't even do it nowadays.

You should check out their version of Hallowed Be Thy Name, they do an excellent job on it. They also do Screaming For Vengence, which is great as well. They should do it with Ripper singing, it would sound very much like the original, but heavier.

NEVRMORE2
08-25-2005, 04:28 PM
what would be the best album to pick up by them i have the blessed and the ****ed and love most of it with barlows vocals.

Lord Abortion
08-25-2005, 05:07 PM
alive in athens
something wicked
night of the stormrider

Mekkalayakay
08-25-2005, 05:36 PM
Holy wow. I hate official threads with a passion. Oh but look now we've got another one.

I own every album save self-titled.

Muellator
08-25-2005, 09:38 PM
yeah hes good at the screaming part of singing, but hes good at soft singing, take melancholy, i love the begging how he sings in there.

SilverSpoon
08-25-2005, 09:50 PM
Ah yes, Iced Earth. My favourite metal band. I think I've praised them a bunch in other threads, so I don't feel like doing it much here.

I would just like to say that Gettysburg 1863 live is the single greatest thing ever. When I went to see them last year with Evergrey and Bodom, the whole night I was just wishing they'd play Gettysburg. I figured they wouldn't do it because of the length of the trilogy, the orchestra, and so forth, but they surprised me and played it! A night I will never forget.

slaytalica25
08-25-2005, 09:52 PM
i have like 5 of their albums, great band.

CaptainWaits
08-25-2005, 09:57 PM
I own all of their material other than "Alive In Athens" and "Tribute to the Gods". Greely has my favorite voice of Iced Earth, not sure why he dissapeared after NOTSR. NOTSR also ranks as my favorite Iced Earth album, followed up by Burnt Offerings. Their Self-Titled and Horror Show are an exception as well.

SilverSpoon
08-25-2005, 10:15 PM
I own all of their material other than "Alive In Athens" and "Tribute to the Gods". Greely has my favorite voice of Iced Earth, not sure why he dissapeared after NOTSR.

Apparently it was for a few reasons (got this info from a site). It said one reason was that he made racist comments on stage concerning Jews. Another is that he thought since he was in a touring band with a record deal he should be earning tons of money, and tried to compensate for this by stealing money from the bass player. The other reason is that I guess Jon just didn't like his singing anymore.

PepsiMetal
08-25-2005, 10:15 PM
I like iced earth. Although I do prefer Blind Guardian and Dragonforce more, they still are a good band. Plus they dont overuse melodies like some other power metal bands. When eagle cries is a great song, and first few times I heard it, those neck hairs stood up as straight as possible.

CaptainWaits
08-25-2005, 11:24 PM
Apparently it was for a few reasons (got this info from a site). It said one reason was that he made racist comments on stage concerning Jews. Another is that he thought since he was in a touring band with a record deal he should be earning tons of money, and tried to compensate for this by stealing money from the bass player. The other reason is that I guess Jon just didn't like his singing anymore.
ahhh, yeh I remember hearing now about him making racist comments, the rest is news to me though.

I like iced earth. Although I do prefer Blind Guardian and Dragonforce more, they still are a good band.
I second Iced Earth only to Blind Guardian and Rhapsody in terms of Power Metal.

Hells Bells
08-25-2005, 11:39 PM
I like them all, my least favourite is the debut, its not horrible, Gene Adam isnt a very strong singer, at times it sounds ok, but on songs like Iced Earth it is wretched.

I was wondering who was responsible for those atrocious vocals. I feel I'm listening to claws screeching down a chalkboard whenever I hear them *shudders*. It's too bad, other than the vocals it isn't a bad song.

Stormrider
08-26-2005, 09:29 AM
I was wondering who was responsible for those atrocious vocals. I feel I'm listening to claws screeching down a chalkboard whenever I hear them *shudders*. It's too bad, other than the vocals it isn't a bad song.

ya i know he isnt too good of a singer but he greows on you eventualy except for his singing in Iced Earth...il never get used to that one...his singing isnt that bad its wen he attempts to scream ..thats when it all falls apart...i still love the album tho!!!

dos anyone now y the lead guitarist Randy left the band after Days Of Purgatory??

The Flabbit Rides High
08-26-2005, 10:50 AM

Comaan guys! Gene is great! Think of as getting used to growling or screaming. His voice takes time to understand and grip, but with time it grows on you. ;)

The s/t is my fav Iced Earth (followed by Horror Show) mostly because its got a more threash feel to it.....and comon, Jon's gallopping on the s/t is amazing! Dont really find that kind of precision on HS. :thumb:

delinquent
08-26-2005, 11:02 AM
i love iced earth!
what really got me into them was a while ago when i was listening to hardrockin80s.com and they played the gettysburg trillogy, i loved it.
now i have the glorious burden, horror show, something wicked this way comes and the dark saga, along with 2 shirts.
theyre one of my favorite bands!

Muellator
08-26-2005, 07:06 PM
Its a great song, but the singing is bad in that song, hes not a very good singer at first, but this song is his worst, check out the song with barlow singing from days of purgatory, its great.

Hells Bells
08-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Its a great song, but the singing is bad in that song, hes not a very good singer at first, but this song is his worst, check out the song with barlow singing from days of purgatory, its great.

Yeah, I've heard the Days of Purgatory. I'm glad they redid those songs, especially Iced Earth, that was such an improvement.

Deth
08-26-2005, 08:11 PM
Ah yes, Iced Earth. My favourite metal band. I think I've praised them a bunch in other threads, so I don't feel like doing it much here.

I would just like to say that Gettysburg 1863 live is the single greatest thing ever. When I went to see them last year with Evergrey and Bodom, the whole night I was just wishing they'd play Gettysburg. I figured they wouldn't do it because of the length of the trilogy, the orchestra, and so forth, but they surprised me and played it! A night I will never forget.
I'm surprised that they played the whole thing. Would have loved to see that.

Stormrider
08-26-2005, 10:26 PM
i read on this IE site that Jon sings everything in Stormrider except for the intro...i was wondering since Stormrider is also in days of purgatory if he sings the song in the NOTSR version or in Days Of Purgatory one?

Lord Abortion
08-27-2005, 04:36 AM
did they just not put the album tracks straight onto DOP?

Stormrider
08-27-2005, 11:04 AM
did they just not put the album tracks straight onto DOP?

no they changed around som stuff with the songs:changed parts , took off parts stuff like that....and Barlow sings them!!!

Lord Abortion
08-27-2005, 11:06 AM
oh I see..that may be a reason for me to get it then...

SilverSpoon
08-27-2005, 12:00 PM
dos anyone now y the lead guitarist Randy left the band after Days Of Purgatory??

I think it was just personal reasons. He got married, moved on with his life. I miss him, he was good. I liked Randy a little bit better than Larry Tarnowski, though Larry did some awesome work on Something Wicked. I love his solo in Prophecy.

Stormrider
08-28-2005, 03:35 PM
I think it was just personal reasons. He got married, moved on with his life. I miss him, he was good. I liked Randy a little bit better than Larry Tarnowski, though Larry did some awesome work on Something Wicked. I love his solo in Prophecy.

yea I liked Randy too. i think he worked well with Jon...they made some good songs together.

Stormrider
08-30-2005, 02:32 PM

i went to this IE page and wat u sed is absolultly rite...after he made the racist coments on stage the band brought him to one of the concenteation camps to knok som sense into him but that made it worst...

and for Gene well....When Jon was Riting for NOTSR, he realized that Gene wouldnt me able to handle the melodies so Jon asked him to take singing lessons...And well Gene refused so he got fired

Lord Abortion
08-30-2005, 02:33 PM
Greely was a good vocalist, nowhere near matt, but good all the same

Stormrider
08-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Greely was a good vocalist, nowhere near matt, but good all the same

he is a good vocalist but in som ways for Barlow fans ...its kinda good that he left ...Iced Earth would hav probably never gotten Matt if it wasnt for Greely leaving

P.S:now im not saying that i hate Greely's vocals or anything....I jus rather Matt's.

Stormrider
08-30-2005, 05:27 PM
since their site hasnt been updated in a while...anyone now bout their tour dates???

Lord Abortion
08-30-2005, 05:36 PM
since their site hasnt been updated in a while...anyone now bout their tour dates???
nope, waiting for the site...UK TOURDATES BLAST YOUR EYES!

Stormrider
08-30-2005, 05:53 PM
all i now is that due to Jon's back problems the tour was delayed to summer 2005 ...

hope they come in my area!!!

UnknowN Doodl3.2
08-30-2005, 05:56 PM
all i now is that due to Jon's back problems the tour was delayed to summer 2005 ...

hope they come in my area!!!

so do i... theyll be abalst

Trivium
08-30-2005, 06:33 PM
he is a good vocalist but in som ways for Barlow fans ...its kinda good that he left ...Iced Earth would hav probably never gotten Matt if it wasnt for Greely leaving

P.S:now im not saying that i hate Greely's vocals or anything....I jus rather Matt's by a large margin

the bad guy who used to be in priest, who sung when the eagle cries is??

and dragons child/watching over me/all other good songs is?

Lord Abortion
08-30-2005, 06:36 PM
The ex-priest guy= Tim Owens
the ludicrously tall guy with the incredible voice= Matt Barlow

Stormrider
08-30-2005, 07:49 PM
you forgot about the realy realy long orangy hair...lol

666DiMe666
08-30-2005, 09:33 PM

Patton is the most overrated singer on the planet who has a legion of fanatical fans who think anything he touches is golden.

On to more important things, Iced Earth is awesome. Not technically, not historically, but just because they rock. They are cheesey to the extreme and they pull it off so well. The only thing they have done which I was not a fan of was their tribute to the gods cd.

IheartSP
08-31-2005, 05:21 AM
Patton is the most overrated singer on the planet who has a legion of fanatical fans who think anything he touches is golden.

On to more important things, Iced Earth is awesome. Not technically, not historically, but just because they rock. They are cheesey to the extreme and they pull it off so well. The only thing they have done which I was not a fan of was their tribute to the gods cd.
I wouldn't say they are cheesy at all, that's what makes them so great. They manage to be a good semi-powermetal band without being too cheesy, unlike Dragonforce, who is full blown cheese.

Deth
08-31-2005, 06:47 AM
No, they aren't cheesy at all. Why would you think that?

Dragonforce \m/ >_< \m/

Iron Bars
08-31-2005, 06:58 AM
Iced earth might be one of the only Powermetal band that is least cheesy because there music sound more thashy and dark. But they are still powermetal mostly because they use the same vocal style most of the time and the same themes as most bands in that genre.

Slapping Penguin
08-31-2005, 07:28 AM
Well I like what I have heard but Watching Over ME is very chessy.

Deth
08-31-2005, 07:49 AM
Dude, do you know what that song is about? It's about the least cheesy thing possible.

Lord Abortion
08-31-2005, 08:05 AM
Dude, do you know what that song is about? It's about the least cheesy thing possible.
Very Very true, he explains it on alive in athens...it's one of the most moving songs I have ever heard, which I think is IE's strongest asset, certainly with Matt, because of the sheer emotion in his voice they can have songs like a question of heaven and watching over me which very nearly move me to tears...

Deth
08-31-2005, 08:12 AM
Yeah, the vocals on Watching Over Me have the most emotion I've ever heard in a song, certainly a metal song.

maidenmetallica
08-31-2005, 09:58 AM
I don't know how anyone can call IE cheesy, sure they are somewhat cheesy but compare them to any other band in the power metal category.....

Lord Abortion
08-31-2005, 10:10 AM
http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9431967&postcount=4678

so here's some uploads...

ashman
08-31-2005, 10:36 AM
I've got a few of their albums, I think the Horrorshow is the best. Though they ripped off Transylvania!

Lord Abortion
08-31-2005, 10:39 AM
I've got a few of their albums, I think the Horrorshow is the best. Though they ripped off Transylvania!
covered it, they COVERED transylvania

maidenmetallica
08-31-2005, 10:40 AM
Wasn't it also on a Maiden tribute CD?

ashman
08-31-2005, 10:41 AM

Well some li'l kids that look like Mogwais reckon it's t'other way round....you see Popular bands cause trouble!

Lord Abortion
08-31-2005, 10:42 AM
It may well have been, they have covered Transylvania, Number of the beast and hallowed be thy name in their time, the last two from the excellent tribute to the gods album...

maidenmetallica
08-31-2005, 10:51 AM
Their best cover in Tribute was Burning For You.

Stormrider
08-31-2005, 01:58 PM
It may well have been, they have covered Transylvania, Number of the beast and hallowed be thy name in their time, the last two from the excellent tribute to the gods album...

i read in this other forum that wen Jon was young he was Influenced by Iron Maiden's bass man and so wanted to play bass but picked up somone elses guitar and brought his bass influences on to guitar....i realy dnt now if this is true

SilverSpoon
08-31-2005, 02:48 PM
http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9431967&postcount=4678

so here's some uploads...

Thank you so much! I've been looking for the Alive in Athens songs. Too poor to buy the album and LimeWire doesn't like me.

Lord Abortion
08-31-2005, 03:04 PM
http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9325640&postcount=36

if you see this FA of mine...you will see how the band's influences developed

Iron Bars
08-31-2005, 04:02 PM
i read in this other forum that wen Jon was young he was Influenced by Iron Maiden's bass man and so wanted to play bass but picked up somone elses guitar and brought his bass influences on to guitar....i realy dnt now if this is true

Can't tell you if its thru or not but he did pick a good bassplayer to be influenced by. Though I don't think he uses bass as his base for guitar work since he is mostly know for his rythemguitar work.

Deth
08-31-2005, 04:06 PM
Yeah, in The Blessed And The ****ed they have liner notes about how much of an influence Harris was on Jon.

SilverSpoon
08-31-2005, 04:13 PM
Schaffer is so obviously influenced by Harris' horse galloping bass playing. You hear similar type of playing in his riffs. He has those two sixteenths + eighth note combinations EVERYWHERE.

By the way, if anyone has it, can you upload the Alive in Athens 1776 and Prophecy?

Lord Abortion
08-31-2005, 04:14 PM
there is no 1776 on alive in athens but I can do you the prophecy

SilverSpoon
08-31-2005, 04:32 PM
there is no 1776 on alive in athens but I can do you the prophecy

No 1776?! Blast! I must be remembering things that weren't there... That sucks. I've always wanted to hear it live. They didn't play it when I saw them.

Lord Abortion
08-31-2005, 04:38 PM
Iced earth-the prophecy(live)
hxxp://s28.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0IVR1LYEVGP1L25UNAQ8NY8LT1

SilverSpoon
08-31-2005, 04:48 PM
This is most excellent. Thank you, sir!

Slapping Penguin
08-31-2005, 05:31 PM

I have rough idea what it is about and yes it is serious but his singing is to me still cheesy.

IheartSP
08-31-2005, 05:41 PM
Is it just me or do the songs A Question of Heaven and I Died For Your sound very close?

Lord Abortion
08-31-2005, 05:54 PM
no, apart from the fact they are slower more melodic songs, there is no real similarity in my eyes

IheartSP
08-31-2005, 05:57 PM
I just hear a few of the same notes here and there, and they have a similar layout.

I don't see what all the hype about A Question of Heaven is, seems like an average song to me. Songs like Angel's Holocaust or Dracula are much better in my eyes.

Lord Abortion
08-31-2005, 05:59 PM
/restrains killing hand

The PURE emotion in Matt's vocals, especially on the live version make it such a perfect song

IheartSP
08-31-2005, 06:03 PM
I'll have to get the live version or listen to it more, I don't know it just didn't catch my ear at all on teh first listen.

IheartSP
08-31-2005, 07:53 PM
Could someone upload the live version for me?

Lord Abortion
08-31-2005, 07:55 PM
http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9432196&postcount=115

in here...

IheartSP
08-31-2005, 08:04 PM
thanks a lot

Deth
08-31-2005, 08:09 PM
My god, the live version of A Question Of Heaven slays me everytime I hear it. I think it's the best on Alive In Athens, and one of the best Iced Earth songs ever.

Muellator
08-31-2005, 11:49 PM
Matt truly is an amazing singer, check out his new band....hahaha

http://www.firststateforce.org/band.html

FatalEnergy
09-01-2005, 01:06 AM
Yeah, I can't believe Barlow is a cop now, I just can't understand why

MAthiAS
09-01-2005, 01:21 AM
Yeah, it sucks majorly.

I'm sure I'm not the first one to notice all the Testament references in Iced Earth songs...

Lord Abortion
09-01-2005, 05:36 AM
Hell, he said he would take a law degree, not just become a cop...

SilverSpoon
09-01-2005, 06:57 AM
I just hear a few of the same notes here and there, and they have a similar layout.

I don't see what all the hype about A Question of Heaven is, seems like an average song to me. Songs like Angel's Holocaust or Dracula are much better in my eyes.

I think that if you listen to A Question of Heaven while keeping in mind the context and how it relates to the rest of the Dark Saga album (the general Spawn storyline), then it will have more of an impact and you will "get it" a little more. It's not just how it sounds that gives it that emotional power (riffs, vocals, etc), but also what it's about.

maidenmetallica
09-01-2005, 10:29 PM
Hell, he said he would take a law degree, not just become a cop...
I thought he was planning on working in the Justice Department. :confused:

Lord Abortion
09-02-2005, 06:35 AM
See, not being american, that means nothing to me...

MAthiAS
09-02-2005, 08:39 AM
Anyone know what gear IE use to get their guitar tone on Burnt Offerings (the album), I absolutely love the rhythm tone on that album.

dUSK
09-02-2005, 09:13 AM
I'm rather pleased with myself, as I just got two people into Iced Earth. It took the Tribute To The Gods to do it, but I think they'll be hooked. :D

Blind Guardian
09-02-2005, 10:03 AM
Iced Earth rocks, Dante's Inferno is my favorite song.

Lord Abortion
09-02-2005, 04:57 PM
Dante's inferno is awesome...
it's the live version again that's the best though, the moment when Barlow just shouts
"LUCIFER!!" that's so brilliant and special.

IheartSP
09-02-2005, 05:01 PM
I think the problem with the song is it isn't sad enough. I think Barlow has some emotion in his voice but the riff at the end is too upbeat to really get through. It woulda had more impact as a different subject. The lyrics and story I think are great and the song really had some potential.

The live Pure Evil is amazing, much better than studio. I like Barlows aggressive voice much better than Greely's wimpy voice (in comparison). I have a question, on the song live, are those high shrieks done by Schaffer? If so he is an amazing singer, he should just take over the singing himself. I've heard one song with the Ripper, and he's good, but it makes IE sound like Judas Priest way too much, seeing as the Ripper and Halford have almost no difference in their voices.

Lord Abortion
09-02-2005, 05:11 PM
I think he does, and Matt does the "hear the ghost of violence" bits, it sounds like him at least. :eek: Matt's lovely hair in the picture :(

Stormrider
09-02-2005, 07:13 PM
Anyone know what gear IE use to get their guitar tone on Burnt Offerings (the album), I absolutely love the rhythm tone on that album.

Jon uses a Gibson Les Paul for the riffs and stuff and a fender Strat for the clean rythms....dnt now bout the amps tho

MAthiAS
09-02-2005, 08:09 PM
Dante's inferno is awesome...
it's the live version again that's the best though, the moment when Barlow just shouts
"LUCIFER!!" that's so brilliant and special.
Much like in "Children of the NIGHT!"

Defender0FmetaL
09-03-2005, 12:35 AM
the best live version song must be A Question Of Heaven, Barlow voice ****ing awesome

SilverSpoon
09-03-2005, 08:44 AM
Jon uses a Gibson Les Paul for the riffs and stuff and a fender Strat for the clean rythms....dnt now bout the amps tho

In one of the Band Board posts on the IE site, he says he has a custom made Larry amp that he uses.

Lord Abortion
09-03-2005, 09:15 AM
Much like in "Children of the NIGHT!"
Bloody right.

and that riff comes in :D

BLESSED ARE YOU!
BLESSED AM I
Children of the night...

wrathchild88
09-03-2005, 09:50 AM
I just learnt how to play the whole of 'Stand Alone' which I am quite pleased about since its only the third song i've learnt the whole way through.

np: Blessed are you

anyone know when they'll next be touring and whether they have another bassist?

Stormrider
09-04-2005, 09:29 AM
I just learnt how to play the whole of 'Stand Alone' which I am quite pleased about since its only the third song i've learnt the whole way through.

np: Blessed are you

anyone know when they'll next be touring and whether they have another bassist?

the Iced Earth site hasnt been updated in a while but last time i checked,touring was postponed to summer 2005...that meens they should be touring pretty soon!!

Lord Abortion
09-04-2005, 01:12 PM
I think they'll tour Europe soon, they postponed the Glorious burden tour over here...

MAthiAS
09-04-2005, 01:15 PM
Do they even have a bassist right now?

Lord Abortion
09-04-2005, 01:37 PM
Nah...but they'll probably get a session bloke to tour with them, like some of the tours and albums before...

Trivium
09-04-2005, 01:42 PM
Yeah, the vocals on Watching Over Me have the most emotion I've ever heard in a song, certainly a metal song.

can you tell me, or anyone, what its about?

obviously he lost a very close friend and is deeply saddened by this, just like any person would be.

but is there a story behind it or anything?

Wish
09-04-2005, 01:47 PM
can you tell me, or anyone, what its about?

obviously he lost a very close friend and is deeply saddened by this, just like any person would be.

but is there a story behind it or anything?
"The ballad 'Watching Over Me' is dedicated to an old friend of Jon who had died in a motorcycle accident in the earliest days of the band, Bill Blackmon."

I think it was he best friend or something. That's what a friend told me. Either way, it's still a very emotional song.

My band are playing this song in memory of the other guitarist's mother.

Muellator
09-06-2005, 08:44 AM
Yeah, I can't believe Barlow is a cop now, I just can't understand why

After 9/11 he wanted to be something more than be in a band, at least hes still doing something musical, I respect him for his choice, even though id rather see him in IE

Lord Abortion
09-06-2005, 08:51 AM
After 9/11 he wanted to be something more than be in a band, at least hes still doing something musical, I respect him for his choice, even though id rather see him in IE
True...but his lovely hair... :upset:

Deth
09-07-2005, 07:44 AM
I would kill for that hair. So very metal.

Lord Abortion
09-07-2005, 10:02 AM
Yeah, especially when it was red, that was awesome...

MAthiAS
09-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Pics now.

Lord Abortion
09-07-2005, 03:05 PM
http://www.rockezine.com/images/concerts/icedearth190102_3.jpg

http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/photos/iced_earth.jpg

http://us.ent2.yimg.com/musicfinder.yahoo.com/images/yahoo/century_media/icedearth/0301_iced_earth_c.jpg

MAthiAS
09-07-2005, 03:08 PM
He looks kind of like Dimebag with the goatee.

Lord Abortion
09-07-2005, 03:09 PM
He looks kind of like Dimebag with the goatee.
Except not fat

MAthiAS
09-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Yeah, he looks unnaturally thin.

Deth
09-07-2005, 08:53 PM
My god, I raised the devil horns as soon as I looked at the firs photo. I may make it my avatar...

SilverSpoon
09-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Man, look at the beast!

It's sad that I will never get to see him in concert. Iced Earth should've released a live video of Alive in Athens. That would've rocked.

Thor
09-07-2005, 08:54 PM
As you can see from my avatar, I'm back into loving Iced Earth again.

NP - Iced Earth "Diary"

I can't stop listening to this song.

MAthiAS
09-07-2005, 08:56 PM
I will have her SHE'S MINE! Chug chug chug chug... \m/

Deth
09-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Changing avatar now...

Cheers Lord Abortion

Dammit, it's too small to see the beast.

naboo
09-07-2005, 09:21 PM
As you can see from my avatar, I'm back into loving Iced Earth again.

NP - Iced Earth "Diary"

I can't stop listening to this song.

That song is awesome. It was the first one I really got into on that album and now it's my favorite album behind only their self titled.

Anyone else think their self titled is their best?

Lord Abortion
09-08-2005, 07:31 AM
I prefer lst december to diary...again, especially live.

And a DVD of alive in athens would be the greatest thing ever...

Deth
09-08-2005, 07:44 AM
Could someone upload The Phantom Opera Ghost and Red Baron, Blue Max for me? For some reason iTunes won't rip them for me.

SilverSpoon
09-08-2005, 04:21 PM
{bye bye, link}
Phantom Opera Ghost. You know what to do.

Red Baron/Blue Max coming soon.

IheartSP
09-08-2005, 04:29 PM
I'd get rid of that upload, they aren't allowed anymore.

Stormrider
09-08-2005, 04:35 PM
That song is awesome. It was the first one I really got into on that album and now it's my favorite album behind only their self titled.

Anyone else think their self titled is their best?

i realy like the music in that album...some realy kool riffs and solos..but then again (sry for the negative)....the vocals are the only problem i have with that album...i meen there not bad...there good but when u compare them to for example Barlow..thats when they kinda become horrible.....but anyways all in all...its a great album....love the instrumentals .....my favorite song from that album is prabably When The Night Falls or Funeral....Adam's does a good job in When The Night Falls...

SilverSpoon
09-08-2005, 05:20 PM
I'd get rid of that upload, they aren't allowed anymore.

Really? I wasn't aware. Well, if anyone still needs it, you can contact me over MSN at magusxxiii@hotmail.com.

Stormrider
09-08-2005, 05:42 PM
Since Demons and Wizards is Jon's side project i was wondering if we could talk about the band here...i know i made this thread but i wanted some opinions on this first...

ArcLite
09-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Good lord...I'm probably the biggest D&W's fan on here. I listen to them every day at some point. I think the whole project is brilliant. It's a simple issue of mathematics. Jon and his never ending sweet riffs + Hansi's stellar power metal vocals = How the hell could it be bad? Both albums Have some killer hits on them.

Colonize The Sun
09-08-2005, 07:16 PM
Great band. I have all their albums.

One of my favorite bands ever.

Stormrider
09-08-2005, 07:50 PM
Good lord...I'm probably the biggest D&W's fan on here. I listen to them every day at some point. I think the whole project is brilliant. It's a simple issue of mathematics. Jon and his never ending sweet riffs + Hansi's stellar power metal vocals = How the hell could it be bad? Both albums Have some killer hits on them.

Unfortunatly for me i only know like 7 songs from them ...but i love all the ones i heard...Hansi has a realy great voice which i enjoy listening to..hearing him kinda got me into Blind Guardian but anyways.....and then like you sed theres Jon's riffs....his signature riffs are always great!!!

Deth
09-08-2005, 07:52 PM
Which D&W album is better? I want to pick one up.

Lord Abortion
09-09-2005, 09:28 AM
I'd say the first one, but, since Chris is the registered D+W fanboy, I'll let him explain in more detail.

MAthiAS
09-09-2005, 02:39 PM
What pickups does Schaffer have in his LP? And what amps does he use?

SilverSpoon
09-09-2005, 05:01 PM
What pickups does Schaffer have in his LP? And what amps does he use?

Here's something from the Band Board at the IE site. He answered some equipment questions. Nothing about his pickups, though.

EDIT: Sorry about the weird quote format. Pasted it and it turned out like that.

Well, my set-up is pretty simple really. I use a custom made Larry amp with 2 straight Marshall 1960 lead series cabinets with 75 watt Celestions. The amp was hand made and customized for my playing style and tonal needs. Larry only
makes around 10 to 12 amps a year and the waiting list is very long and they
are very expensive. They are however absolute pieces of art electronically.
Larry has no desire to become a large company so getting an amp is not easy.
Your best bet is to try and meet him at a trade show in Europe if you are
serious about having one built. My guitar of choice is and has always been a
Gibson Les Paul. Since my neck surgery however, I don't play mine as much as
I used to due to the weight of the guitar. Every Iced Earth recording has
been done with a Gibson of some make except Alive in Athens which was a BC
Rich Ignitor. Even the "Enter the Realm" demo was recorded with an old
Explorer of mine. I used the Gibson Gothic Explorer on Demons and Wizards and
on Horror Show for most of the rhythm tracks. I did use the Gothic 135 and
335 and my Black Beauty on some tracks as well. Also, I used the Gothic V and
a few different SG's through a Soldano for the lead guitar melodies on those
records. For recording clean parts in the studio I almost always use a Fender
Stratocaster. I love the clean "buzzy" tone that only a Strat can get.
Depending on the live set up situation, I may use a Roland Jazz Chorus as a
clean rig to A\B between. If we are on a support tour or doing festivals I've
found the simpler the set up the smoother things run so on those occasions I
use the clean channel on my Larry amp and have the front of house engineer
chorus the clean guitar. I don't use any rack effects at all, just a wireless
and a tuner.
My favorite acoustic guitars are without a doubt Taylor. I have a 12 and 6
string that I use quite often.
That's basically it for gear. I believe less is more when it comes to a
guitar rig. I do not recommend rack units and processors for recording. They
sound like ****. If you want power you need a powerful tube amp. Often those
processors sound like an "attack of the killer mosquitoes" instead of a
guitar. Tube power is the only way for me.

One thing I noticed about that is he says that every IE recording, except Alive in Athens, was done with a Gibson, yet in the Something Wicked booklet, on the last page it says he used BC Rich guitars.

ArcLite
09-09-2005, 05:05 PM
Which D&W album is better? I want to pick one up.

Their new one, Touched by the Crimson King, is more accessable. I got my copy at Best Buy. However, both are ace. You can't go wrong with either one. I had the first S/T album for a long time and loved it, not thinking the new one could surpass, or for that matter, even match it. But after a couple listens I think I like them both equally. Just get both, my guarantee is that you won't be disappointed.

Deth
09-09-2005, 08:37 PM
Well that make it a lot easier :lol:.

I suppose it'll be the flip of the ol' coin to decide.

MAthiAS
09-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Thanks for that SilverSpoon. I guess he probably uses stock Gibson pickups in his LP, maybe EMGs. That would be my best guess.

I LOVE his rhythm tone on Burnt Offerings (album) so much, its my dream tone if I have one.

And Paul Gilbert's lead tone is sex.

Lord Abortion
09-10-2005, 06:03 AM
Sounds cool. I know nothing about guitars or guitaristry, closed book to me...

I have all Alive in Athens on minidisk, it keeps me sane on the way to work...

King_Of_Terrors
09-10-2005, 10:29 AM
I have the album " Iced Earth " and like 5 songs from other albums. Can someone upload Dantes Inferno and 1776?

IheartSP
09-10-2005, 10:34 AM
We aren't allowed to upload anymore unfortunately.

Lord Abortion
09-10-2005, 02:46 PM
Indeed, however I could send you them over MSN or AIM

Stormrider
09-12-2005, 09:38 PM
i now there site hasnt been uptdated in a while but did anyone manage to get details on there upcoming cd?....

i read that Something Wicked was the first of a 2 cd set....so my only guess is that it has something to do with that but...i now nothing bout there upcoming cd...

anyone out there do now something???

Deth
09-13-2005, 06:52 AM
The story takes place over 3,000 years and it'll be about 3 hours long total. That's about all I know.

Lord Abortion
09-13-2005, 08:49 AM
Upcoming CD?
How did you get this info?

Muellator
09-13-2005, 08:50 AM
there are supposed to be 2 cds released in the same year following the storyline of the something wicked thrilogy at the end of something wicked this way comes. they are in total over 3 hours long, so they wont be a short album, you just get two iced earth albums in one year, woot.

Muellator
09-13-2005, 08:50 AM
Upcoming CD?
How did you get this info?
Schaffer did a couple interviews you can find onthe internet. and i think it has something on this site, www.icedrealm.de

Iron Bars
09-13-2005, 09:48 AM
Nice to hear there working on new material but your link isn't working so I can't read it myself.

Lord Abortion
09-13-2005, 10:10 AM
I want a European tour now, blast their eyes!

Stormrider
09-13-2005, 05:19 PM
2 cd's in one year awsome......i hope we see some exceptional stuff from these cd's!!!

SilverSpoon
09-13-2005, 06:38 PM
there are supposed to be 2 cds released in the same year following the storyline of the something wicked thrilogy at the end of something wicked this way comes. they are in total over 3 hours long, so they wont be a short album, you just get two iced earth albums in one year, woot.

That is like the greatest news ever.

Lord Abortion
09-13-2005, 06:40 PM
That is like the greatest news ever.
It is...I haven't been this excited about the prospect of an album since Maiden announced the next album was to be a concept album...

Deth
09-13-2005, 08:20 PM
Yes, but Maiden won't have TWO concept albums, will they?

SilverSpoon
09-13-2005, 09:16 PM
Yes, but Maiden won't have TWO concept albums, will they?

Hah, so typical of Iced Earth to do what Maiden does, but to kick it up a notch. :lol:

Muellator
09-13-2005, 10:53 PM
next year will destroy in new cds, as this year sure has, but my top three bands making new albums, the might maiden, iced earthx2, and a new blind guardian, cant beat that eh

Lord Abortion
09-14-2005, 05:34 AM
next year will destroy in new cds, as this year sure has, but my top three bands making new albums, the might maiden, iced earthx2, and a new blind guardian, cant beat that eh
You can't... there may even be a new Cradle of filth album aswell :cool:

ArcLite
09-14-2005, 05:41 AM
Is the new Angra later this year or is it next year as well?

-The Frank
09-22-2005, 07:50 AM
hey all, im new to iced earth and wondering what are some good songs. i have heard angels holochaust and watching over me, and they were both excellent.

Deth
09-22-2005, 07:57 AM
Being the Maiden fan you are, you really owe it to yourselve to pick up an album.

Recommendations for albums are Something Wicked This Way Comes or Alive In Athens if you can find it.

Songs:
A Question Of Heaven
Dantes' Inferno
Gettysburg Trilogy
Something Wicked Trilogy
Slave To The Dark
Stormrider
Travel In Stygian
Violate
Damien
The Phantom Opera Ghost
Burnt Offerings
The Reckoning
Waterloo

That should keep you busy.

-The Frank
09-22-2005, 08:02 AM
Nice, thanks man

most likely to pick up something wicked next week

:thumb:
thanks again

Deth
09-22-2005, 08:02 AM
Have fun.

Thor
09-22-2005, 08:05 AM
Nice, thanks man

thanks again
Hopefully you've read my review for it. :thumb: If you haven't here's me whoring it to all of you.

http://sputnikmusic.com/album.php?albumid=2375

Enjoy, and leave comments.

Wish
09-22-2005, 08:10 AM
Nice, thanks man

thanks again
I can send you most of those songs if you would like?

-The Frank
09-22-2005, 08:11 AM
that would be great

my email: dr_homely@hotmail.com

Deth
09-22-2005, 08:12 AM
Hopefully you've read my review for it. :thumb: If you haven't here's me whoring it to all of you.

http://sputnikmusic.com/album.php?albumid=2375

Enjoy, and leave comments.
Isn't that the review where the solos are slammed for being too similar?

Don't make me go upside your head.

-The Frank
09-22-2005, 08:15 AM
i skimmed through it, doesnt look like the one, although i didnt really read the last three songs

Deth
09-22-2005, 08:17 AM
Oh. I just really felt like going upside somebodys head.

Lord Abortion
09-22-2005, 08:18 AM
Nice, thanks man

thanks again
Get Alive in Athens if you can, it's my favourite Live album ever... I even like it better than Live after death :eek:

-The Frank
09-22-2005, 08:19 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wish
09-22-2005, 08:44 AM
that would be great

my email: dr_homely@hotmail.com
Alright. I'll do it once I get back from college.

-The Frank
09-22-2005, 08:45 AM
good stuff

Lord Abortion
09-22-2005, 09:27 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Indeed. And I really love LAD...

Stormrider
09-25-2005, 09:45 AM
i finally found out y they werent on tour yet....i was on this IE page and there was article about there new ablums so i read it and Jon said he wanted to concetrate on writing the albums and that there will be no future tour until there realesed...he also said that they'll be released 6 months apart from each other

Lord Abortion
09-25-2005, 11:34 AM
i finally found out y they werent on tour yet....i was on this IE page and there was article about there new ablums so i read it and Jon said he wanted to concetrate on writing the albums and that there will be no future tour until there realesed...he also said that they'll be released 6 months apart from each other
Linkee me please?

Thor
09-25-2005, 11:40 AM
Oh. I just really felt like going upside somebodys head.
Here's a word of advice, again. Say something else! :thumb:

Stormrider
09-25-2005, 06:16 PM
Linkee me please?

i copy pasted directly from the site....www.icedrealm.de

The next two Iced Earth albums will continue and finish the "Something Wicked" Storyline. They are going to be released 6 months apart and will have a combined playing time of three and a half hours. Jon wants these albums to be his equivalent to Pink Floyd's "The Wall" or Queensryche's "Operatoin Mindcrime". Quote Jon: "This is it this has got to destroy everything we've ever done."

- Jon will concentrate on writing these albums, there will be no further tour until they're released - unless a band like Maiden or Metallica asks Iced Earth to support them.

- Seems like Jon's back's finally getting better, however he will always take a therapist on tour with him to help if things should get worse again.

MAthiAS
09-25-2005, 07:23 PM
Therapist? What happened in the first place?

And this new stuff can't destroy their earlier stuff, because Barlow's not on it.

Deth
09-25-2005, 07:49 PM
He's had a crapload of surgeries. I think it was something that happened on stage though, and a vertibre had to be removed and replaced with a metal one.

Muellator
09-25-2005, 11:36 PM
yeah i really cant wait for the new albums, im sure theyll be great.

Lord Abortion
09-26-2005, 01:47 PM
He's had a crapload of surgeries. I think it was something that happened on stage though, and a vertibre had to be removed and replaced with a metal one.
It's terrible, that would be incredibly painful, no wonder they haven't toured...

Stormrider
09-26-2005, 01:58 PM
copy pasted from that site again....

He underwent several neck surgeries in 2000, after he had put damage to his neck in an too intense stage performance years before.

Deth
09-27-2005, 07:12 AM
I really admire him for continuing to tour though. He really needs this time to prepare.

The Flabbit Rides High
09-27-2005, 07:17 AM
Can't say im surprised tho... with the way he gallops! :)

On a related note....getting Alive In Athens tonight! Yay!

Deth
09-27-2005, 07:22 AM
The 3-disc set I presume?

It's absolutely fantastic, the song Iced Earth crushes the original so badly it's crazy.

The Flabbit Rides High
09-27-2005, 07:25 AM
The 3-disc set I presume?

It's absolutely fantastic, the song Iced Earth crushes the original so badly it's crazy.

Bu..bu..but that impossible! I love the orginal!!!! :amaze:

Who is the vocalist on the live set anyway? Barlow?

Deth
09-27-2005, 07:29 AM
Yep, Barlow. All the songs from the first album just totally slay.

The Flabbit Rides High
09-27-2005, 07:38 AM
Yep, Barlow. All the songs from the first album just totally slay.

Thats good news cuz I love the first one. Most people dont tho. :upset:

I also quite like Horror Show, my second fav from da 'Earth. :cool:

Deth
09-27-2005, 07:40 AM
Horror Show is really cool, though I don't like it as much (musically) as the Glourious Burden.

-The Frank
09-27-2005, 07:42 AM
oi creeping deth hop your way over to the maiden thread , its getting lonely

Deth
09-27-2005, 07:42 AM
Will do.

Stormrider
09-27-2005, 02:25 PM
Horror Show is really cool, though I don't like it as much (musically) as the Glourious Burden.

i bought Horrow Show 2 days ago...i love it...my favorite songs on it are Damien, Jekl and Hyde , Dracula and The Phantom Opera Ghost...

i realy want Burnt Offerings though...i havnt seen it anywhere yet

IheartSP
09-27-2005, 02:40 PM
I think the vocals on Horror Show blow any other album they have out of the water. I am not a fan of the vocals on Burnt Offerings, I find them kind of boring. Barlow's voice on Horror Show is fenominal, different than anything he had done before.

Deth
09-27-2005, 08:57 PM
Switching to Tim though, I love the vocals on The Reckoning.

My favorite Barlow vocal performance is probably Watching Over Me or A Question Of Heaven.

Stormrider
09-29-2005, 02:35 PM
I think the vocals on Horror Show blow any other album they have out of the water. I am not a fan of the vocals on Burnt Offerings, I find them kind of boring. Barlow's voice on Horror Show is fenominal, different than anything he had done before.

there not as awsome as on Horror Show but there stil awsome i find...hte one thing i love bout Barlowis that theres so much emotion and power into his singing..its incredible...and yes Barlow's voice on Horrow Show is a big part why that album is so good

and yes Tim's vocals on the reckoning are realy good...i think its the best vocals on The Glorious Burden

Lord Abortion
09-30-2005, 07:37 AM
Horror show is probably my least favourite IE album...

It just hasn't gripped me as the others have...

Deth
09-30-2005, 07:51 AM
Damien is one of my favorite IE songs though.

Lord Abortion
09-30-2005, 07:59 AM
Damien is one of my favorite IE songs though.
Your avatar is awesome...

I prefer Dracula on there...

Wish
09-30-2005, 08:02 AM
Horror show is probably my least favourite IE album...

It just hasn't gripped me as the others have...
Hmmm, that's strange. That's actually my favourite Iced Earth album that I've heard. I don't know what it is, but in my eyes, it's awesome.