PDA

View Full Version : Iced Earth

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Thor
04-23-2006, 01:04 PM
Congrats thread on more than 2000 posts, and still going strong. I never thought that an Iced Earth thread would last this long.

cheers, mates. It's been a blast. :chug:

Stormrider
04-23-2006, 01:08 PM
Congrats thread on more than 2000 posts, and still going strong. I never thought that an Iced Earth thread would last this long.

cheers, mates. It's been a blast. :chug:

:D

That brought a tear to my eye :eek: :p

Yup, this thread is my e-home. It's fun to see more people come in here and have cool stuff to talk about.

Morumbar
04-23-2006, 02:49 PM
Whenever I get behind my computer, I always check this thread to make at least one post :p

I like talking with other IE fans. I'm the only IE fan for miles around here where I live.

Btw, about getting wasted, here in Holland you can drink from 16 years ^^ I'm seventeen, so I can booze as much as I want.

Stormrider
04-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Yeah same here...whenever I come onto here, the first thing I check is whether someone posted in here. And I always have to reply :p

I used to go more on teh abysslord IE forum more...but that place is dead, and having server problems. Which sucks.

Tyr
04-23-2006, 03:02 PM
Btw, about getting wasted, here in Holland you can drink from 16 years ^^ I'm seventeen, so I can booze as much as I want.
But we other Europeans know that the Dutch are crazy to a man :p
In Sweden you can drink from 18, but to buy stronger alcoholic beverages you need to be 20, unless you're at a bar or so, then it's enough to be 18. And there's a state monopoly on strong alcoholic beverages to ensure that there aren't any minor drinking to much. But you have that in Canada too, if I'm not mmistaken, right Stormrider?

Stormrider
04-23-2006, 03:05 PM
The drinking age here is either 18 or 21. I don't know and frankly don't care much :p

And in the albums you wanted, either get, Night of the Stormrider, Horrow Show, Burnt Offerings or Something Wicked. Oe their self titled. Sorry, I'm not really narrowing down anything :p

Tyr
04-23-2006, 03:09 PM
Great help you are :rolleyes: :D

CaptainWaits
04-23-2006, 03:47 PM
lol, the Canadian legal drinking age differs from certain provinces.

Here in Alberta, it's 18, though I know in places like Saskatchewan and British Columbia, it's 19. You might have no clue what I'm talking about with the Provinces, but they're basically like states....

So in Canada, the drinking age is either 18 or 19 :)

Lord Abortion
04-23-2006, 04:05 PM
Mmm..Iced Earth and Beer.

Lemuria
04-23-2006, 04:06 PM
Hey guys, I really love Iced Earth I think they're awesome in every possible way.

NP: Iced Earth - Pure Evil

Stormrider
04-23-2006, 06:52 PM
Mmm..Iced Earth and Beer.

You missed the 100th page my friend...

And cool Lemuria :)

Great help you are :rolleyes: :D

You know what that means...get them all !

Txus
04-23-2006, 06:58 PM
I couldn't pursue my goal yesterday of listening to IE all day long :( I guess I'm not a true fan....

Deth
04-23-2006, 06:59 PM
Hey guys, I really love Iced Earth I think they're awesome in every possible way.

\m/

I like you.

Stormrider
04-23-2006, 07:01 PM
I couldn't pursue my goal yesterday of listening to IE all day long :( I guess I'm not a true fan....

Don't worry. :)

Oh and Deth finally decided to drop in again :p

Darkness
04-23-2006, 07:03 PM
Oh and Deth finally decided to drop in again :p
Damn.

Thread Ruined

Poofy 666
04-23-2006, 07:05 PM
BAH! OUT OF MY THREAD :mad:

zomgz jk ilu <3 :cool:

NP: Prophecy

Stormrider
04-23-2006, 07:06 PM
Damn.

Thread Ruined

Lets all make a list of something :lol:

Dont worry, I <3 you Deth.

BAH! OUT OF MY THREAD :mad:
Its MY THREAD :mad:

Thor
04-23-2006, 07:06 PM

Welcome to the thread. You'll be liked here if you keep up that. :thumb:

Deth
04-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Damn.

Thread Ruined
Hey, at least I can tell you're and your apart. :p

Poofy 666
04-23-2006, 07:09 PM
/staredown :mad:

Thor
04-23-2006, 07:10 PM
I'm getting bad vibes in this thread. I'll let you ladies fight it out.

/hides and grabs a drink

Txus
04-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Godamn Agalloch (I <3 them as much as I <3 Poofy though :lol:), my obsession for them made me ruin the whole IE binge yesterday.

Stormrider
04-23-2006, 07:13 PM
/staredown :mad:

Is this where its the first one who laughs :p

/tickles you

AHAHAHA I WIN

There shouldnt be any argument either...who is the bigger fan here :mad: Me or you ?

Yeah, Txus, damn Agalloch :p

Sleepy
04-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Godamn Agalloch (I <3 them as much as I <3 Poofy though :lol:), my obsession for them made me ruin the whole IE binge yesterday.

I'm still on an Agalloch binge...even though I'm taking a quick break for Kalmah.

NP Kalmah - Withering Away

@ Stormrider and Poofy

Ladies, make love, not war.

Txus
04-23-2006, 07:23 PM
I'm still on an Agalloch binge...even though I'm taking a quick break for Kalmah.
That's the best binge ever though, I had a horrible 1 year binge as a kid.....(Slipknot :()

Poofy 666
04-23-2006, 07:23 PM
Is this where its the first one who laughs

/tickles you

AHAHAHA I WIN

There shouldnt be any argument either...who is the bigger fan here Me or you ?

/fayle :upset:

NP Kalmah - Withering Away

@ Stormrider and Poofy

Ladies, make love, not war.
poo :)

NP:Burnt Offerings

Stormrider
04-23-2006, 07:24 PM
/waits for poofy to reply to my silly post...maybe he thinks it's too silly :(

I want to say something IE related now, but I don't know what :p

EDIT: :p hahah

Nice NP though. Definitely in my top 10 IE songs.

Thor
04-23-2006, 07:27 PM
Oh Days of Purgatory, how I love thee...

NP - Iced Earth - Colors

Stormrider
04-23-2006, 07:30 PM
Colors FTW !

Such an awsome song.

Thor
04-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Yeah it's such a riff fest. I can't get enough of it.

OOOHHHHH...Angel's Holocaust just came on. I'm so happy!

Stormrider
04-23-2006, 07:35 PM
It's also a fun song to play along too :)

And DoP Angels Holocaust owns. I remember when I listened to my NOTSR for the first time...I was surprised of the different vocals. I had onle heard the Barlow version of the song.

I fight back, the laughter at what I see !

Oh my, oh my

Tyr
04-24-2006, 08:25 AM
You know what that means...get them all !
Yes, dad, I will do that :D

Morumbar
04-24-2006, 09:30 AM
Horror Show just came through the mailbox ^^ I bught it from e-bay. It's the digipack.
Now I almost own all of the albums. I still need DoP (which should come through my mailbox in a few days), and I need the older versions of NOTS and BO, and the Melancholy EP

Oh yeah, and the Limited Melancholy ^^

And the Enter The Realm vinyl :p

Piece a cake... ^^

Sleepy
04-24-2006, 09:31 AM
Horror Show just came through the mailbox ^^ I bught it from e-bay. It's the digipack.

NICE!!! :thumb: My favorite Iced Earth album.

Thor
04-24-2006, 12:08 PM
Now I almost own all of the albums. I still need DoP (which should come through my mailbox in a few days), and I need the older versions of NOTS and BO, and the Melancholy EP

Piece a cake... ^^
Digipack! Score! I have that one. The bonus disc is pretty sweet because I learned about the history of the band and the awesome Jon Schaffer.

Stormrider
04-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Yes, dad, I will do that :D

:p heh...I am your father !

Ignore that...

Piece a cake...

I wish it was the same here. Can you ship me the original 3 albums ? :D :p

Whats on the 2 cd version of Horror Show again ?

ACircuitShock
04-24-2006, 01:28 PM

Piece a cake... ^^

You lucky bugger... I could never fins the digipak version anywhere, so I just have the normal Horror Show.:upset: And yes, ETR vinyl and the limited Melancholy would kick *** to own.

Stormrider
04-24-2006, 01:30 PM
I've seen the digipack on the internet, but never in a store...

I found it funny when I saw the 2 cd version of TGB was the same preice as 3 disc version of AiA in the store :-/ They were about the same price.

I wanted the Melancholy EP for Colors for the most...but now tat io have colors, I'll get it for the sake of owning everything IE ever released :p

Thor
04-24-2006, 03:01 PM
If you have the option to get the digipack and you're a Jon Schaffer fan boy, I highly reccommend it.

Stormrider
04-24-2006, 03:03 PM
I'll get it eventually yes, for liek I said before, owning everything they ever released...

But like I asked, whats on the digipaack version that there isn't on the regular ?

Thor
04-24-2006, 03:05 PM
You get another CD with a very lengthy interview with Jon Schaffer. It's pretty entertaining. That CD also has their cover of Iron Maiden's "Transylvania", but it's not nearly as good as the original.

Stormrider
04-24-2006, 03:09 PM
Oh I see. I need to get it then :) It will wait for a while though...I have a lot more stuff to get before getting that heh. Like DoP, to name one, and other stuff from other bands, obvisouly

The regular also has Transylvannia too though.

Thor
04-24-2006, 03:12 PM
Oh, I didn't know that, because I only have the digipack.

But yes, you must get DoP at all costs.

Stormrider
04-24-2006, 06:03 PM
Yeah definitely. I'll have to order it though I think...I havn't seen the 2 disc versions in stores yet. And the one disc one just isn't enough...theres a bunch of the good stuff missing from it. I know it was the one disc version you had, you planning on getting the 2 disc one eventually ?

I could get lucky likeI did with AiA and see it in a store...who knows

superflyjojo
04-24-2006, 10:08 PM
Thats strange, I have the digipak version of Horror Show and it only came with one disc.

I had to order AiA online because I couldn't find the 3 disc version in stores, but I see the 2 disc version of DoP all the time at my local CD shop.

SilverSpoon
04-25-2006, 07:52 AM
There's a single disc version of Days of Purgatory? That's news to me.

The Masked Guitarist
04-25-2006, 09:13 AM
sorry for bringing up a diffrent band in an iced earth thread but i think it fits --- who likes demons and wizards as well? people say they are good but im not a big fan of blind gardian what do you guys think?

Apocalyptic Raids
04-25-2006, 09:15 AM
There is a Demons & Wizards thread that isn't too old, you could always bump that.

I like them.

Morumbar
04-25-2006, 09:15 AM
:p heh...I am your father !

Ignore that...

I wish it was the same here. Can you ship me the original 3 albums ?

Whats on the 2 cd version of Horror Show again ?

''I am you father, destroyer of the light, I've taken your soul and have given you life. You are my son, condemned by my hand, my son, creature of the night!!'' - Last Laugh

I'm sorry :p I just had to say that when I saw ''I am your father''

Ehm, and about that ''Piece A Cake''... That was sarcastic :p

And the rest of the original 3 albums... Well, I'll have to get those from ebay I guess

The Masked Guitarist
04-25-2006, 09:16 AM
There is a Demons & Wizards thread that isn't too old, you could always bump that.

I like them.
ok thanks :thumb:

Stormrider
04-25-2006, 01:18 PM
''I am you father, destroyer of the light, I've taken your soul and have given you life. You are my son, condemned by my hand, my son, creature of the night!!'' - Last Laugh

I'm sorry I just had to say that when I saw ''I am your father''

Ehm, and about that ''Piece A Cake''... That was sarcastic

And the rest of the original 3 albums... Well, I'll have to get those from ebay I guess

I didnt think of those lyrics ! I love that part though :)

And oh ok :p Hmm, I havn't checked on ebay...I should, I want those originals.

There's a single disc version of Days of Purgator ? That's news to me.

Remember a long time ago in this thread me, you and Deth talked about how silly that was :p Oh well...

And superflyjojo, I wish I had seen the 2 disc DoP...I would have gotten it already in that case :thumb:

And I love D&W.

The Masked Guitarist
04-25-2006, 01:53 PM
who has (or has seen) the iced earth Gettysburg?
what is it?

Stormrider
04-25-2006, 01:55 PM
I havn't seen it. But it's basicly an interview with Shaffer, a tour with Schaffer on the Gettyburd battlefield...and the whole of Gettyburg being played as well.

Maybe someone else who has it could explain it a little better then I can..I don't have it.

Morumbar
04-25-2006, 01:56 PM
It's a DVD. I have it at home ^^ It's a 32 minute videoclip actually... And an interview, and the videoclips from WTEC and the reckoning. And some other stuff

The Masked Guitarist
04-25-2006, 01:57 PM
thats cool so do you recomend buying it because im going to music store in a bit they have it

Stormrider
04-25-2006, 01:58 PM
To Ceminon:

I didn't know you had it...I'll pick that up eventually too. My dad would be interested. I'm going to make him listen to Gettysburd with the booklet one day.

Well Masked Guitaist, What IE albums do you own ?

The Masked Guitarist
04-25-2006, 02:02 PM
i have
Burnt Offerings
The Dark Saga
Horror Show
The Glorouis Burden

NP- Black Winter Night - Dragonforce

Stormrider
04-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Get Night of the Stormrider before anything else :)

If theres not that, get Something Wicked this Way Comes. Or theres always Alive in Athens, if you like Live albums.

The Masked Guitarist
04-25-2006, 02:08 PM
not a fan of live so i will go with NOTSR because i read about its concept welll im off to the music store good bye!

wrathchild88
04-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Get Night of the Stormrider before anything else :)

If theres not that, get Something Wicked this Way Comes. Or theres always Alive in Athens, if you like Live albums.
I finally got NOTSR for my birthday! Its a close run thing for top spot with Burnt Offerings, but it gets it because the 2 acoustic songs > The Pierced Spirit. Even though it doesn't have Dante's Inferno :p

Thor
04-25-2006, 02:52 PM
I finally got NOTSR for my birthday! Its a close run thing for top spot with Burnt Offerings, but it gets it because the 2 acoustic songs > The Pierced Spirit. Even though it doesn't have Dante's Inferno :p
Nice to see I'm not the only person here who thinks Burnt Offerings is the best Iced Earth CD.

Poofy 666
04-25-2006, 03:04 PM
Nice to see I'm not the only person here who thinks Burnt Offerings is the best Iced Earth CD.
Burnt Offerings and Dante's Inferno makes it insanely good alone.

Thor
04-25-2006, 03:05 PM
Burnt Offerings and Dante's Inferno makes it insanely good alone.
Empasis on the word alone. The entire album is a joy ride for me. It's also the first power metal album that I ever bought, so it also has sentimental values for me too.

I just bought the CD in 8th grade because I thought that the album cover was cool, and now I'm a giant Iced Earth fan. Thanks, cool album art! :)

Morumbar
04-25-2006, 03:21 PM
NOTS is the best ^^

Btw, guys... I've made my site in English now. Now y'all ought to understand it :P You could check it out if you want to.

www.thecomingcurse.tk

if that doesn't work, try this one:

www.freewebs.com/the_coming_curse

Thor
04-25-2006, 03:22 PM
A most excellent website, but freewebs is a pretty lame service. :(

...NOTS has some great riffs on it, but it didn't have Barlow.

Poofy 666
04-25-2006, 03:27 PM
What was everyone's first IE song? Mine was Dracula.

Tyr
04-25-2006, 03:33 PM
My first IE song was The Hunter, I think...

Rattlehead
04-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Mine was Dante's Inferno
:smoke:

Lemuria
04-25-2006, 05:58 PM
mine was Wolf

Darkness
04-25-2006, 06:28 PM
Oh wait! it was The Coming Curse.

A-S-S-H-A-T
04-25-2006, 06:33 PM
Mine was Damien...

Deth
04-25-2006, 07:09 PM
Burning Times.

SilverSpoon
04-26-2006, 06:27 AM
1776. I was reading a thread about instrumentals and someone mentioned it. I downloaded it, and life has never been the same since...

ArcLite
04-26-2006, 08:49 AM
1776. I was reading a thread about instrumentals and someone mentioned it. I downloaded it, and life has never been the same since...

I think my intro to EI went exactly the same way. What a glorious day it was.

Morumbar
04-26-2006, 09:09 AM
Can't remember that...

Anyway, I got DoP in today, and I must say that I don't think every song has actually improved by the new vocals... I liked Written On The Walls better than Cast In Stone... The same goes for Stormrider... Haven't really listened to all of it yet though.

The Masked Guitarist
04-26-2006, 09:09 AM
my first IE song was Burnt Offerings
i also got SWTWC yesterday!

wrathchild88
04-26-2006, 10:21 AM
Mine was Angels Holocaust. Or maybe it was I Died For You. Either way; \m/

I think SWTWC would have been awesome if they had got a better drummer. Just a few fills here and there would have spiced it up a little; see Melancholy on AiA. Still a good album though.

Stormrider
04-26-2006, 01:00 PM
Oh wait! it was The Coming Curse.

Yeah, I sent it to you :p

I never heard Cast in Stone on DoP, but it absolutely owns on Alive in Athens. O also rather Melancholy studio then Live I think. I never get enough of the studio version.

And cool the Masked Guitarist, you liking it ?

...NOTS has some great riffs on it, but it didn't have Barlow

Sure, but you can't say that Greely is a bad singer...even though he doesn't come off as agressive as Barlow. He still fits in with the album. I really like him.

And my first song was either Declaration Day or Angels Holocaust. I don't remember which one.

The same goes for Stormrider... Haven't really listened to all of it yet though.

It's funny how on NOTSR, sometimes it sounds like Jon singing, and sometimes it sounds like Greely. I've never heard the DoP version. Although I think I've heard the original version. Quality was a lot different...

Morumbar
04-26-2006, 01:52 PM

Great album :thumb:

I made yet another wallpaper btw :p It's on my website (as usual)

Stormrider
04-26-2006, 01:58 PM
I'll check your english site now..is it the same site as before, just translated ?

Morumbar
04-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Yup, it's the same. Everything about Iced Earth is there :p

NP: IE - Travel In Stygian (DoP version)

Stormrider
04-26-2006, 02:03 PM
Ahhh, I can't wait to have Days of Purgatpry :p

Nice wallpaper BTW. Cool site too.

And whos the lil silver guy on the album cover of Burnt Offerings ? Well the original one.

Morumbar
04-26-2006, 02:04 PM
Yeah, I've always wondered about who that could be...

Maybe it's just a candle...

ArcLite
04-26-2006, 02:04 PM
What is the site? I can't seem to get your .tk one to come up.

Morumbar
04-26-2006, 02:05 PM
try this url: www.freewebs.com/the_coming_curse

Stormrider
04-26-2006, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I've always wondered about who that could be...

Maybe it's just a candle...

Meh...oh well. It jsut kinda stands out :p heh

That and, is it water on the cover of Night of the Stormrider ?

EDIT: 666th post in the thread :eek:

Morumbar
04-26-2006, 02:12 PM
I haven't the slightest idea :P

Btw, you have to type the url in, cause if u click the link, it will put this forum's url in front of it.

NP: Dante's Inferno

Stormrider
04-26-2006, 02:14 PM
Is your NP the DoP version of that song ?

BTW, besides the intro to Burnt Offerings, do the songs off of BO have a big difference on DoP then on BO ?

Morumbar
04-26-2006, 02:15 PM
Nah the differences aren't very big. Just the intro on BO (the song). For the rest it's more in the sound.

And yup, the NP is the DoP version

ArcLite
04-26-2006, 02:16 PM
try this url: www.freewebs.com/the_coming_curse

Good Stuff. Just threw the BO wallpaper up.

Morumbar
04-26-2006, 02:17 PM
The BO wallpaper?... Which one do you mean? :p The DoP one?

NP: The sixth plain of Dante's Inferno

Stormrider
04-26-2006, 02:19 PM
Good Stuff. Just threw the BO wallpaper up.

Where do yuo see a BO wallpaper ?

Nah the differences aren't very big. Just the intro on BO (the song). For the rest it's more in the sound.

And yup, the NP is the DoP version

Ah, I see. Bes plain on Dante's Inferno is the 5th one :p I think its that one.

Down, be still thy cursed wolf
The master scorns its name
Dive to the next plain
The sullen and the vain
Suffer for greed
The prodigal they bleed
For all eternity
Plutus holds the key

Damned, the wrathful and the vain
Suffer the fifth plain
Cross the river Styx
Heed your crucifix
The mudded corpses cry
Howling to the sky
Reach the other side
Open wide the gate

Pure awsomeness right there. That whole section with the chants,.

ArcLite
04-26-2006, 02:21 PM
The BO wallpaper?... Which one do you mean? :p The DoP one?

NP: The sixth plain of Dante's Inferno

My fault. I mean The Coming Curse one...

Stormrider
04-26-2006, 02:23 PM
Yeah, Coming Curse one is pretty cool. Probably my favorite one there..not too sure.

Morumbar
04-26-2006, 02:26 PM
People like my work :D Okay, I shouldn't get too cocky, but I like that :p I'm gonna study graphical designing next year.

NP: Life And Death (DoP version)

Stormrider
04-26-2006, 02:30 PM
NP: Life And Death (DoP version)

Soul sucked at the speed of light!!

\m/

Morumbar
04-26-2006, 02:33 PM
Exactly ;)

But, NP: Solitude (playing it myself)

Stormrider
04-26-2006, 02:36 PM
S/T is such a great album.

And I know its DoP you're listening too :p

Thor
04-26-2006, 02:36 PM
S/T is such a great album.

And I know its DoP you're listening too :p
As you already know, I just can't listen to that album anymore.

But if I want to listen to their old songs, that's what DoP is for.

Damn you, Gene Adams.

Morumbar
04-26-2006, 02:41 PM
It's only that bad on the track Iced Earth. It doesn't bother me at all for the rest of the songs.

SilverSpoon
04-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Man, those are some nice quality images you have of the album covers on your site, Ceminon.

Thor
04-26-2006, 03:05 PM
By the way Ceminon, where did you get that IE avatar? It's pretty sweet and if they have more I'd like to get one.

Stormrider
04-26-2006, 08:06 PM
It's only that bad on the track Iced Earth. It doesn't bother me at all for the rest of the songs.

Yeah, It's not good on that song, but even there I could still listen to it. His vocals don't bother me. He actually has soem pretty cool parts IMO. Like the
Eyes, Lies, I curse the skies in Curse the Sky. Thats a pretty cool part.

Damn I wanna learn those solos.

Man, those are some nice quality images you have of the album covers on your site, Ceminon.

Yeah, they're pretty cool.

Poofy 666
04-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Ceminon, damn nice site! The pic with the meteor is teh secks :)

Stormrider
04-26-2006, 08:13 PM
All of his wallpapers are really nice. :)

I just might use one of them...

And Poofy, I don't think I ever asked you which IE albums you won, so I'll ask you now. Which IE albums do you own :) :p

Poofy 666
04-26-2006, 08:17 PM
Actual CDs:
Horror Show :p

In my computer:
Alive in Athens
Burnt Offerings
Night of the Stormrider
Something Wicked This Way Comes
The Glorious Burden

Everytime I want to buy an Iced Earth cd I end up finding some other stuff :upset:

Last week I was going to buy Night of the Stormrider, and then I found a copy of Behold...the Arctopus, I choose to blame Tower Records :p

Stormrider
04-26-2006, 08:26 PM
Haha :p

Which oens your favorite ?

I pretty much bought all my Iced Earth cd's one after the other. Its like this time when I came in a store to buy Blind Guardian's Imaginations from the Otherside. It wasn't there and I didn't feel like waiting until the next day to go to another store, so I got Dark Saga :p BTW, I'm going to listen ot that album tomorrow...me feel like it.

Poofy 666
04-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Well, I tend to listen (enjoy) more the CDs that I own so I'm gonna say Horror Show, but Alive in Athens and Burnt Offerings are damn good too. I haven't really given the other ones a real listen though.

Stormrider
04-26-2006, 08:33 PM
Ah OK. I tend to enjoy cd's I own more too. I don't have much whole albums on my computer, but when I'm on the computer, I do other things, and don't always just listen to the music. So I need to listen to them more before I can actually make an opinion on it and stuff. Theres always the first impressions too though.

JUst curious, you do have all 3 AiA discs on your computer, right ? Or just the 2 cd version ?

Poofy 666
04-26-2006, 08:38 PM
I have the 3 disc version

Morumbar
04-27-2006, 07:01 AM
By the way Ceminon, where did you get that IE avatar? It's pretty sweet and if they have more I'd like to get one.

I made the avatars myself :p The actual size is 100x100 pixels. They look better then, but I'm limited to this size on this forum. I mostly use them on msn.

I <3 Ye Old Photoshoppe

The Masked Guitarist
04-27-2006, 09:25 AM
on what track with matt barlow do you guys think he sounds most "evil"?
i think it would be one on BO maybe the kinda screams on the title track

NP ---- Brain Washed IE

Thor
04-27-2006, 12:15 PM
I made the avatars myself :p The actual size is 100x100 pixels. They look better then, but I'm limited to this size on this forum. I mostly use them on msn.

I <3 Ye Old Photoshoppe
If you made them, then I have a good idea for you. You should make an avatar for all of the IE thread regulars, sort of like a clan, if you will. I bet it would be pretty sweet!

Stormrider
04-27-2006, 01:01 PM
Good idea Thor ! Only if Ceminon would want though. And, I <3 my Barlow avatar though :(

Most evil, angriest woud be in Diary for me ATM.

Thorns ripping through his brow ..That whole album is pretty dark sounding though. Especially the verse I posted from Dante's Inferno yesterday. Also the Lies Foollish lies part in Brainwashed.

And Thor, whats in your avatar ?

Also, my brother told me that his friend brought Dark Genesis to school and showed it to him. He asked his friend to keep so he could show it to me tomorrow :) So I'll see what it looks like...the it going to make me want it more :p

CaptainWaits
04-27-2006, 01:24 PM
And Thor, whats in your avatar ?
Thor's avatar is the Wintersun album :)

And relating to Burnt Offerings, that album is very dark and evil \m/ . One of my favorites like I've said before...

Thor
04-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Thor's avatar is the Wintersun album :)

And relating to Burnt Offerings, that album is very dark and evil \m/ . One of my favorites like I've said before...
Yay Wintersun! Stormrider, you should check them out. They're power metal with really hars vocals. Their riffs are amazing, so they get my approval.:thumb:

And yes, Burnt Offerings will always be Iced Earth's best album. They will never ever make something as awesome as it. And if they do, I'll freak out and be really really happy.

Stormrider
04-27-2006, 01:29 PM
I already have checked them out, Thor :) Someone sent me the album.

Burnt Offerings is my second favorite album I would say. Like I've said many times before, I have trouble making a list. Because what ever is low in the list, it looks bad when its low. And I still like the labum very much. So in conclusion, hard to make a list :p

Thor
04-27-2006, 01:31 PM
I already have checked them out, Thor :) Someone sent me the album.

Burnt Offerings is my second favorite album I would say. Like I've said many times before, I have trouble making a list. Because what ever is low in the list, it looks bad when its low. And I still like the labum very much. So in conclusion, hard to make a list :p
Well when you think about Burnt Offerings, every song is there for a reason and there are rarely any moments where you would get bored. It's their heaviest album(which is always a plus in my book), plus it has their most epic song they've ever written on it, so it's essentially a perfect album.

Stormrider
04-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Well when you think about Burnt Offerings, every song is there for a reason and there are rarely any moments where you would get bored. It's their heaviest album(which is always a plus in my book), plus it has their most epic song they've ever written on it, so it's essentially a perfect album.

Night of the Stormrider gets the title for me :) Even though it doesn't have Matthew Barlow. It's the album that has, Angels Holcaust, Stormrider, Path I Choose, Desert Rain, Pure Evil, and Travel in Stygian. I don't think that album will ever leave its place as my favorite album.

Burnt Offerings too does have awsome songs on it, along with the great atmosphere...Which is why its in second place for me.

Even though many people would say all IE sounds alike, with the similiar riffsa and all. I don't think one album comes off as giving the same thing. :)

I wish, I knew how to explain myself better :(

Thor
04-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Night of the Stormrider gets the title for me :) Even though it doesn't have Matthew Barlow. It's the album that has, Angels Holcaust, Stormrider, Path I Choose, Desert Rain, Pure Evil, and Travel in Stygian. I don't think that album will ever leave its place as my favorite album.

While those are all great songs, I just listen to Days of Purgatory or Alive in Athens so I can listen to them with Barlow. :thumb:

Stormrider
04-27-2006, 01:46 PM
The atmosphere from NOTSR is different then AiA..t.hats for sure. Havn't heard DoP, but I doubt its the same.

I admit though, that I will listen to the AiA versions too heh. Pure Evil live kicks major ass. That does not stop me from listening to NOTSR though...at all. It is afterall, my favorite album. Its just so awsome from beginning to end.

Morumbar
04-27-2006, 05:02 PM
I could try and see if I can make a cool IE clan-avatar. Then it'll be free for all to use. I'll do that.

Btw, I made a new logo on top of my site :)

Btw2, Matt sounds the most evil at the end of the sixth plain in Dante's Inferno on Alive In Athens. ;)

Stormrider
04-27-2006, 05:07 PM
The Medusa part ? Yeah thats pretty cool. That whole song is awsome. It's got one of my favorite intro's. I think I rather studio then live for that song though :-/

Thor
04-27-2006, 05:07 PM
I could try and see if I can make a cool IE clan-avatar. Then it'll be free for all to use. I'll do that.

Btw, I made a new logo on top of my site :)

Btw2, Matt sounds the most evil at the end of the sixth plain in Dante's Inferno on Alive In Athens. ;)
Thanks for being such a team player. I can't wait to see the avatar!

Stormrider
04-27-2006, 06:08 PM
I was looking on reviews on amazon because I was looking for cd's and stuff and I fell on this here:

"Following the release of this album, Jon Greely, though an excellent vocalist, was released from the band because he was difficult to get along with. The band was going to break up, but managed to find a steady vocalist, Matt Barlow, with whom they recorded several more albums"

Hmm, I remember seeing this in different words in one of Schaffers posts on the IE site. I'll see if I can find it some other time.

Imagine a world with only 2 IE albums...

BTW, what did the label do to IE that caused so much trouble ?

Thor
04-27-2006, 06:10 PM
I was looking on reviews on amazon because I was looking for cd's and stuff and I fell on this here:

"Following the release of this album, Jon Greely, though an excellent vocalist, was released from the band because he was difficult to get along with. The band was going to break up, but managed to find a steady vocalist, Matt Barlow, with whom they recorded several more albums"

Hmm, I remember seeing this in different words in one of Schaffers posts on the IE site. I'll see if I can find it some other time.

It's really hard for me to do that. It's even harder for me to imagine a world without Burnt Offerings. :)

Stormrider
04-27-2006, 06:14 PM
It's impossible for to do that :p

Random thought: Was listening to a part of TGB before. Great album.

Oh and see my edit, incase you didn't see it...maybe you know the answer to my question :)

You really love Burnt Offerings, eh ?

Thor
04-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Yes, it ranks up with Children of Bodom's Hatebreeder as my favorite power metal album of all time. It was the first power metal album that I ever bought, so it's got that going for it, too.

I haven't heard TGB yet, but I'm not sure if I want to. The absence of Barlow turns me off.

Stormrider
04-27-2006, 06:20 PM
TGB and Night of the Stormrider were the first IE and PM albums I got. Whenever I listen to both those albums, I feel all nostalgic :p

You should eventually though. Surely, you'll be curious for the next new albums, right ?

Thor
04-27-2006, 06:22 PM
Yeah. I recently got AiA (3 disc version) and that's been keeping me satisfied for quite some time. Sadly they didnt play Winter Nights. :lol:

...but I do know that TGB had Bobby Jarzombek on drums, which is certainly a turn on for me. He's one of metal's best.

Stormrider
04-27-2006, 06:24 PM
I remember when I bought AiA about 5 months ago...

/remembers

I would love to have heard Winter Nights !

Oh and whiole listening to TGB earlier, on the next tour, I would

Anyways I'm off, bye bye all

naboo
04-27-2006, 07:50 PM
Yeah. I recently got AiA (3 disc version) and that's been keeping me satisfied for quite some time. Sadly they didnt play Winter Nights. :lol:

...but I do know that TGB had Bobby Jarzombek on drums, which is certainly a turn on for me. He's one of metal's best.

Actually, it had Richard Christy on drums, but he's also one of metal's best. It's a great album, though, in my opinion.

Deth
04-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Richard Christy is one of my favorite drummers. If you listen to what he does during Wolf, it's disgusting.

Stormrider
04-27-2006, 08:16 PM
Disgusting as in amazing...or disgusting as in bad ?

I'm lost. :p

Either way, his drums on Horror Show are really cool. AS well as on TGB.

Deth
04-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Disgusting as in I don't know how it's humanly possible.

Stormrider
04-27-2006, 08:28 PM
Ah OK. He's a tight drummer. I'll have to listen to that album later on.

The double bass in the intro too Phantom Opera Ghost is awsome stuff. Gallops out of no where heh. He also goes very fast on Red Baron/Blue Max.

Darkness
04-27-2006, 08:52 PM
He's good, but I don't remember anything to mind blowing. I do like the gallops that Storm pointed out though.

Stormrider
04-27-2006, 09:00 PM
I'm impressed by the double bass part in Red Baron, as I said before. It's just really fast. Gallops like on Phantom Opera Ghost grab my attnetion a little bit more though I would say.

Morumbar
04-28-2006, 01:37 AM

BTW, what did the label do to IE that caused so much trouble ?

The label paid IE so little, that IE actually became stand-off from the label at one time, demanding renegotiating the payings before coming back. Jon and the band made it far enough with the band that he could make albums and do tours, but at this point, he was making about as much money as he was before the contract with Century Media.

It's all in the Dark Genesis :p

NP: Red Baron/Blue Max

Morumbar
04-28-2006, 02:00 AM
Sorry for the double post, people, but I made two avatars. I'll give you the links:

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3714/ttreadonme3mj.jpg

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/8373/avatarsetabominae2ms.jpg

Stormrider
04-28-2006, 01:11 PM
The label paid IE so little, that IE actually became stand-off from the label at one time, demanding renegotiating the payings before coming back. Jon and the band made it far enough with the band that he could make albums and do tours, but at this point, he was making about as much money as he was before the contract with Century Media.

Ah OK. I don't have Dark Genesis...yet. I don't plan on getting it in a shilw though, because I slready have the 3 remasters. I do want to get it eventually. Thanks for explaining though.

I listened to Wolf yesterday, and the double bass really is fast.

I've been waiting for a while now that he's in the drummer polls. I'll be voting for him.

/has a look at the avatars

Second is cooler then teh first IMO. Set is awsome. Oh and I think the the WAtcher and Set are 2 different people, because I saw a shirt, that was labeled the Watcher, and it wasn't set. Maybe it was a mistake...

Lord Abortion
04-28-2006, 01:41 PM
My band Played Burning times today at school, was pretty good.

Stormrider
04-28-2006, 01:55 PM
Cool :) How did you do those vocals on Burning Times?

I wish we do ebd up playing Stormrider next year...its going to be awsome :)

EDIT: NVM, you answered it prettyu much int eh Comunity thread :p

BTW, you don't post in here as often anymore...

reposted for secret purposes...

wrathchild88
04-28-2006, 01:59 PM
My band sucks :upset:

We don't have a vocalist, the drummer doesn't have double bass and only 2 of us like IE. I'll be looking for a new band soon when I go to uni though. Hopefully there'll be more metalheads there.

Stormrider
04-28-2006, 02:00 PM
Hmm...I don't really have aband at the moment. Just a drummer friend I play with. For next year, my brother will be on vocals and other guitar, and we don't know whot he bassist will be.

I wish I couls sing though. I enjoy singing a lot.

Lord Abortion
04-28-2006, 02:02 PM
Cool :) How did you do those vocals on Burning Times?

I wish we do ebd up playing Stormrider next year...its going to be awsome :)

EDIT: NVM, you answered it prettyu much int eh Comunity thread :p

BTW, you don't post in here as often anymore...

reposted for secret purposes...
I think I aquitted myself pretty well on it, and I know, I read it, but I haven't had anything salient to comment on this past few days.

Stormrider
04-28-2006, 02:07 PM
I think I aquitted myself pretty well on it, and I know, I read it, but I haven't had anything salient to comment on this past few days.

Would you mind, on your spare time, to do a recording yourself on those vocals ?...I would like to hear it. Only if you don't mind though...

And I thought you had abandoned us all :( :p

BTW, what does salient mean ? :p

Lord Abortion
04-28-2006, 02:16 PM
Relevant to the conversation..

I will do that sometime, we need to get some recording done anyhow.

Stormrider
04-28-2006, 02:20 PM
Oh ok. And cool. I still havn't done that video I said I would do :p Hope I do it soon though...I'll actually try and do it sometimes this weekend.

BTW, my drummer ihas started learning A Question of Heaven. WE won't find a good enough singer though. Good guy singers don't come in bunches at my school..although there a 2 very good girl singers in my grade, and one that i know of in secondary 5.

Morumbar
04-29-2006, 05:06 AM
Hmm...I don't really have aband at the moment. Just a drummer friend I play with. For next year, my brother will be on vocals and other guitar, and we don't know whot he bassist will be.

I wish I couls sing though. I enjoy singing a lot.

I used to be able to sing a little, but I never really cared for it a lot and I don't know a lot about music. I think that if I'd stop smoking it would improve again.

Btw, if you're gonna do Stormrider, PUT IT ON FILM!! :chug:

Stormrider
04-29-2006, 06:23 AM
Well on those shows at school, theres always someone that films it. And if its during the night, well theres big chance my parents would be there to film it :p

So, if I get a hold of it, I could maybe put it on here...

I'll try doing the video later today.

The Masked Guitarist
04-29-2006, 11:09 AM
My band sucks :upset:

We don't have a vocalist, the drummer doesn't have double bass and only 2 of us like IE. I'll be looking for a new band soon when I go to uni though. Hopefully there'll be more metalheads there.
i have a band to its called Without a Soul we cover alot of IE but were not 2 good im the guitarist and vocalist but our drummer kinda sucks but still gets the job done i guess :chug:

Stormrider
04-29-2006, 11:42 AM
Cool. What songs do you cover ?

Anmd BTW, how you enjoying Something Wicked ? Infact, I'm gunna listen to it now.

/puts on SW

Morumbar
04-30-2006, 02:18 AM
Brilliant idea. I'm also gonna listen to it now :p

N(gonna)P: Stand Alone

Lord Abortion
04-30-2006, 04:25 AM
I love stand alone...

Stormrider
04-30-2006, 07:06 AM
The first 2 and last 5 songs of that album are what make the album for me. The stuff in the middle is also great though.

Can never get enough of Melancholy.

Darkness
04-30-2006, 07:16 PM
I just flipped that backwards part around in Damien, pretty cool...

Deth
04-30-2006, 07:58 PM
What is it? I don't feel like doing it.

Darkness
04-30-2006, 08:07 PM
It's the spoken part in the middle of the song, just resaid. It sounds pretty trippy with the other vocals in the background.

Stormrider
04-30-2006, 08:08 PM
The backwards part at the end ?

Darkness
04-30-2006, 08:10 PM
There is only one backwards part. :p

Stormrider
04-30-2006, 08:13 PM
I just wanted to be sure where it was :p

It's different to the usual weird choir stuff...Schaffer has done some chanting crap in the past that means absolutely nothing :p

/just felt like saying that...

/will put on Horrow Show later to sleep :)

wrathchild88
05-01-2006, 04:45 AM
I'm getting Horrow Show!! But its a 2-3 week wait.:angry: :upset:

Once I get it, i will have:
NOTSR
Burnt Offerings
SWTWC
AiA
Horror Show

What should I get next?
Dark Saga?

ArcLite
05-01-2006, 05:21 AM
What should I get next?
Dark Saga?

That, or Days of Purgatory.

Lord Abortion
05-01-2006, 07:03 AM
Dark saga, I say.

ArcLite
05-01-2006, 07:19 AM
Dark saga, I say.

Dark Saga is easily my least favorite IE album. Not a bad one by any means, just not as good as the others. Violate and The Hunter are the only songs I really enjoy from it.

Tyr
05-01-2006, 10:56 AM
What! You don't like A Question of Heaven?

Stormrider
05-01-2006, 01:23 PM
I enjoy that album more as a whole then as indavidual songs.

Althoug I could still pick out the songs that I really like.

I truely <3 A Question of Heaven

Lord Abortion
05-01-2006, 01:30 PM
Everyone should do.

Stormrider
05-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Was that implying to the first, second or third thing I said :p

Meh, thirds my guess. That one and Slave to the Dark are my favorites songs of the album....definitely. Though there are other great ones...

All at once its clear to me, damnation...and Destinnyyyyyyy

Such a cool chorus

Tyr
05-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Everyone should do.
My thoughts exactly. :thumb:

Stormrider
05-01-2006, 01:40 PM
I remember the first time I listened to it, I wasn't really listening to it...Was on the computer and stuff, and I found it kinda average :(

Then we listened to it at my friends house again, and thats what decided me to get The Dark Saga :)

I don't know how you can not like that song...

Morumbar
05-01-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm getting Horrow Show!! But its a 2-3 week wait.:angry: :upset:

Once I get it, i will have:
NOTSR
Burnt Offerings
SWTWC
AiA
Horror Show

What should I get next?
Dark Saga?

S/T. No doubt. :thumb:

Stormrider
05-01-2006, 03:55 PM
I remember the time when I bought the self titled...It was the first tiemI had ever seen it, I don't even think I knew about it. I bought it and I loved it :)

And theres the time where I bought DS. I went in the store to buy Imaginations from the Otherside, it wasn't there, and i wasn't patient enough to wait for the next day, So I came out of thwe store with The Dark Saga instead :p

Morumbar
05-03-2006, 03:23 AM
It has killer riffs. The vocals aren't the best IE has known, but it's a damn good album and I definitely recommend it :)

Stormrider
05-03-2006, 05:21 AM
Indeed about the killer riffs. It's just a great album.

Stormrider
05-03-2006, 02:23 PM
Ollie, I saw int he community thread that you had ordered DoP...when you gunna get it ?

Morumbar
05-04-2006, 04:50 AM
Man, I've been listening more to D&W lately and I love 'em... I think that D&W is a lot better than Blind Guardian. Ofcourse I still think that IE is better than D&W :p

NP: Path Of Glory

Stormrider
05-04-2006, 05:18 AM
I rather IE and BG over D&W. BUt all 3 are beyond awsome for me :)

My dad is going to be ordering 2 of 6 shirts(so that its a surprise, I gave him 6 shirts ot chooose from.) 4 of them are IE :p

They are:

Something Wicked one
Prophecy one
Gettysburg one
and Horror Show castle one

The **** posers in the back now does bother me...its a shame because I love that shirt soo much :(

Morumbar
05-04-2006, 10:48 AM
I love the shirt too, but here in Holland the text on the back is just another thing for people to start a fight over. In the past 2 years it's gotten a lot worse.
And there's another thing... If you wear that shirt, you make a statement that isn't correct according to a lot of other metalheads. It's known that people that listen to black metal consider themselves ''true'' metalheads. People that listen to ''wannabe-metal'' are posers according to them.

I think that IE is classic metal with a bit more creativity. I don't consider it as powermetal. Anyway, with that shirt, people are bound to start talking sh*t about you.

Stormrider
05-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Yeah I agree. Its a provocative shirt in a way...I showed it to my dad and he didn't like it. Like I said before though, a shame becuase the front of that shirt is awsome.

I can't wait to see what shirts I'll be getting. I'm positive he'll pick one of the IE ones, I just don't know which one. Can't wait :D

I'm loving the Prophecy shirt...there all very nice though. My dad also agreed on this :p

superflyjojo
05-04-2006, 01:51 PM
I wish that they would make a NOTSR shirt with some lyrics or something on the back, because "Fuck Posers" just doesn't fit with the band. Maybe some lyrics like "Fight On, Grab On, Stormrider."

NP: Iced Earth - Attila
This song is fucking amazing, might be my favorite on TGB

wrathchild88
05-04-2006, 02:19 PM
Yea I was a bit shocked when i first got that shirt. I still love it, but its not very IE. Plus you cant exactly wear it to school or anything.

NP: Amon Amarth - Legend of a Banished Man (sorry no IE! but the first song I heard today was 1776, so today was good)

superflyjojo
05-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Then again if you think about it "Fuck Posers" does kind of reflect Jon Schaffer's attitude or personality, because in interviews and in some of the album's liner notes he talks about "tr00 metal", and "posers", and (to use his words) "corporate dickheads". Honestly I'd still get the shirt because I can't resist a NOTSR shirt.

NP: Iced Earth - High Water Mark
Aaahhhh...I love the Gettysburg Trilogy.

Stormrider
05-04-2006, 03:12 PM
I wish that they would make a NOTSR shirt with some lyrics or something on the back, because "Fuck Posers" just doesn't fit with the band. Maybe some lyrics like "Fight On, Grab On, Stormrider."

Having the Stormrider chorus int he abck of the shirt would abosolutely slay :)

And yes Atilla is one of my favorites off TGB. The chorus is just soo epic and amazing..along with that crazy riff. Same with the huns and the Romans bridge.

Then again if you think about it "**** Posers" does kind of reflect Jon Schaffer's attitude or personality, because in interviews and in some of the album's liner notes he talks about "tr00 metal", and "posers", and (to use his words) "corporate dickheads". Honestly I'd still get the shirt because I can't resist a NOTSR shirt.

Yeah, I see waht you mean. In a 1991 interview he talks about wannabe's :p But that was 15 years ago. I don't think I can relate seeing a recent interview with him mentioning posers and stuff. Maybe one...But like I said before, I see what you mean.

And yes, Gettysburg is really cool. Love the shirt.

Yea I was a bit shocked when i first got that shirt. I still love it, but its not very IE. Plus you cant exactly wear it to school or anything.

Yeah, I don't think the teaches would like it very much. As Ceminon said before and stuff.

NP Damien :D

Question: Have any of you ever tried to play along with the AiA version of Iced Earth? Because I just tried it for the first time, and it completely r@ped me. Studio version is no problem, but this one's like 10 times as fast.

I was reading through the thread and spotted this....it's pretty far back...heh :p

But I must say that the live version is harder to play then Stormrider live. Theres this part I have trouble playing studio, so live, the part owns me.

Morumbar
05-04-2006, 03:37 PM

There is a NOTS shirt with on the back: ''I can feel the storm approaching, the pain is it's reality''

I just can't find the shirt anywhere :mad:
I've seen two people wearing it. It has the new cover art on the front.

I know that Jon has indeed said all that stuff about posers. It's even in the DoP CD. It's all in there, and there is no proof that he has in fact changed his opinion. I think that he still feels the same way. The difference is that when people get older, they think twice before just crying out some statement.

Btw, I don't think teachers can do much about it, and that was not what I was talking about, but there are a lot of people here where I live that are just looking for a reason to kick some metalhead's *ss. It's pathetic, I know.

Stormrider
05-04-2006, 03:38 PM
There is a NOTS shirt with on the back: ''I can feel the storm approaching, the pain is it's reality''

I just can't find the shirt anywhere :mad:
I've seen two people wearing it. It has the new cover art on the front.

:eek:

I'de love that ! Although old NOTSR cover >> New one IMO :)

NP Jekyll and Hyde ...great song

Suicide_Punishment
05-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Maybe you Guys can Help me out.

I have Blessed and The Damned and I Love it and want more.What is a good cd to get I like the Matt Barlow era the best and was thinking of SWTWC or HS

Thanks

Stormrider
05-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Between those 2, I say Horror Show. But you can't go wrong with either.

If you don't mind getting something else that doesn't have Barlow, get Night of the Stormrider. It's my favorite Iced Earth album.

Shadows Within
05-04-2006, 08:19 PM
both are pretty good but yeah horror shows got wolf, dracula, Damien Im-Oh-Tep, Jack.

actually come to think of it there all good :p

Stormrider
05-04-2006, 08:24 PM
Can't forget Dragons Child and Phatom Opera Ghost :p

That album is is my top 3 with NOTSR and Burnt Offerings.

Although, I've been loving Something Wicked lately. They're all good albums :p heh.

Suicide_Punishment
05-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Alright thanks guys.
Ill just buy the first one I See.

Stormrider
05-05-2006, 05:10 AM
No Problem :)

Oh and in The Blessed and the Damned, is it Greely or Gene singing the older stuff, or is Barlow singing everyhting ?

SilverSpoon
05-05-2006, 06:04 AM
Then again if you think about it "Fuck Posers" does kind of reflect Jon Schaffer's attitude or personality, because in interviews and in some of the album's liner notes he talks about "tr00 metal", and "posers", and (to use his words) "corporate dickheads". Honestly I'd still get the shirt because I can't resist a NOTSR shirt.

Haha, exactly. Just read his blurb at the front of the Days of Purgatory notes. Right at the end: "Fuck Trends and Fuck Posers!!!" But it really doesn't fir a NOTSR short...more like a Schaffer shirt. With him giving the finger.

Deth
05-05-2006, 10:10 AM
No Problem :)

Oh and in The Blessed and the Damned, is it Greely or Gene singing the older stuff, or is Barlow singing everyhting ?
They have some of the DoP tracks mixed with the originals.

Stormrider
05-05-2006, 01:09 PM
They have some of the DoP tracks mixed with the originals.

Oh OK..My friend that I got into IE has that album. It was him who showed me Pure Evil live the first time. I was like :eek: :p

Haha, exactly. Just read his blurb at the front of the Days of Purgatory notes. Right at the end: "**** Trends and **** Posers!!!" But it really doesn't fir a NOTSR short...more like a Schaffer shirt. With him giving the finger.

Nice to see you post in here again :)

I remember reading sonewhere that the F*ck posers thing had something to do in the time NOTSR was released and stuff...I don't remember where i read it though, could be in teh IcedRealm, but I really don't remember. I agree that it would go well on a Schaffer shirt.

Meh, I still want the shirt though...

The Masked Guitarist
05-06-2006, 08:14 AM
i would take any IE shirt so it don't much make for me hahaha!!

Thor
05-06-2006, 08:33 AM
Is it just me, or does Iced Earth have some of the best production quality around? I was listening to them with a friend yesterday and we just noticed how awesome their overall sound was. It's just so beefy and powerful.

The Masked Guitarist
05-06-2006, 08:43 AM
indeed im glad you discovered that do you have any IE albums ....?

Stormrider
05-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Is it just me, or does Iced Earth have some of the best production quality around? I was listening to them with a friend yesterday and we just noticed how awesome their overall sound was. It's just so beefy and powerful.

Yeah, definitely :)

Jon's tone is beyond awsomeness.

Thor
05-06-2006, 10:22 AM
It reminds me of Dimebag's tone, minus the suckitude.

Stormrider
05-06-2006, 01:41 PM
We listened to Path I Choose on the way to the movies :)
My dad liked it. Well, he does like Iced Earth, I want to show him Gettysburg and stuff one day. I'm sure he'd liked it.

Deth
05-06-2006, 01:51 PM
That's the Morris production right there. I love his production work, everything I've heard that he's produced has sounded top notch.

Stormrider
05-06-2006, 01:53 PM
We saw him in the AiA video I posted a few weeks ago....Not that it means anything, but Schaffer also helps with the production..

What else has morrise produced besides IE albums ?

Deth
05-06-2006, 01:57 PM
A lot of the Florida death metal albums. Death's Symbolic and TSOP come to mind first.

Also, Cannibal Corpse's first album, Deicide, Demons & Wizards, Morbid Angel, Obituary, Public Enemy, Savatage and Suffocation have been produced by him.

Stormrider
05-06-2006, 02:00 PM
Hmm OK...I should have thought about Demons and Wizards heh :p

I want Symbolic and TSOP...

Deth
05-06-2006, 02:09 PM
Stop procrastinating! I love those albums so much.

When you buy albums, do you know what you're getting or do you just pick something up that catches your attention?

Stormrider
05-06-2006, 04:32 PM
Usually, when I go in a store, I know what I want...Sometimes something i want isnt there, so I get something else.

I might be getting Symbolic or Human(I don`t remember which one I told my dad :p) for my birthday...only might though. In total there 4 Death albums that I want.

Morumbar
05-06-2006, 04:35 PM
MY mom likes Gettysburg and some other IE songs. She also likes Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, etc.

I've been listening more to BO lately (especially the song). Awesome

NP: Burnt Offerings

Stormrider
05-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Yeah, that song kicks a*s. I love the atmosphere through out. :)

When I make my dad sit down and listen to Gettysburg, I`ll be sure to give him the booklet as well. It will help...it did for me.

Lord Abortion
05-06-2006, 05:12 PM
A lot of the Florida death metal albums. Death's Symbolic and TSOP come to mind first.

Also, Cannibal Corpse's first album, Deicide, Demons & Wizards, Morbid Angel, Obituary, Public Enemy, Savatage and Suffocation have been produced by him.
Eaten back to life was produced by Scott Burns,as was Diecide
D&W was Morris Produced...

Morris and his brother are usually listed as Engineers, not producers on the Florida death albums mentioned.

Deth
05-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Eaten back to life was produced by Scott Burns,as was Diecide
D&W was Morris Produced...

Morris and his brother are usually listed as Engineers, not producers on the Florida death albums mentioned.
Damn. I get the two mixed up sometimes. I checked the studio's website and those bands were listed and I though it was Eaten that Morris produced.

Lord Abortion
05-06-2006, 05:24 PM
It was, kind of, he was an engineer, not a producer though.

The Masked Guitarist
05-08-2006, 09:17 AM
Bored ....
TOP 5 ALBUMS (FAVORITE SONGS FROM CD)
1. The Dark Saga (Last Laugh)
2. Burnt Offerings (Dante's Inferno) (DUHH!)
3. The Glorious Burden (Hollow Man or Valley Forge)
4. Horror Show (Dracula)
5. Somthing Wicked This Way Comes (I CANT CHOOSE)

Stormrider
05-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Umm, I don't see Night of the Stormrider in there :mad:

I've been enjoying Dark Saga and Something Wicked more recently then I used too. To be honest, as of late, for DS, its been mostly Slave to the Dark and A Question of Heaven. Those 2 songs are so awsome.

I can't wait to see which IE shirts I'll have for my birthday :D if my dad does order one...I'm sure he will though. He knows how much I worship them :p

Lord Abortion
05-08-2006, 01:17 PM
I recently realised how good creator failure is

Stormrider
05-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Yeah, thats a great song, I really like the Fail me not my master part, amongst others. Burning Oasis too is better now then it used to be. I used to only really like the end part with Barlow. But now I enjoy the whole song. Those verses are really cool.

Raging fires surround me

The Masked Guitarist
05-08-2006, 02:02 PM
Umm, I don't see Night of the Stormrider in there :mad:

I've been enjoying Dark Saga and Something Wicked more recently then I used too. To be honest, as of late, for DS, its been mostly Slave to the Dark and A Question of Heaven. Those 2 songs are so awsome.

I can't wait to see which IE shirts I'll have for my birthday :D if my dad does order one...I'm sure he will though. He knows how much I worship them :p
Dont have NOTSR ............. :mad:
going to try and get it soon . ...

ACircuitShock
05-08-2006, 02:10 PM
So... the other day I was at a cd shop getting a cd rack for my CDs and saw the Reckoning EP for 3 bucks. Bought it just for collecting purposes, it makes me happy inside. Now all I need is the Melancholy EP and Enter The Realm.

Stormrider
05-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Oh OK. You'll love it for sure :)

Have you heard anything off of it ?

ACS, long time no post in here :p

I saw that EP in stores once. I'de to get it just for collecting purposes. The Melancholy EP I doubt you'll ever see it in a store. So I'll just order it when the time comes :)

ACircuitShock
05-09-2006, 12:04 AM
WEBSITE UPDATE!!!!

Jon posted a letter completley explaining the new albums! Go read it now and come back and tell me how psyched you are!

Here ya go lazy people:

Posted by Jon Schaffer on 2006-05-08 21:18:03:

Hello Everyone!

I know I've been really lame with the updates and I'm sorry about that. We've let things get pretty lax here at Iced Earth.com and we're going to be making some changes in this in the not too distant future. As some of you are aware, I'm not really the internet type of guy and only use it for my email, and even that I avoid often (which does annoy my business associates at times; but hey, that's what phones are for!), so I spend as little time as possible on a computer; unless it's my studio computer and I'm spending a LOT of time on that one. Tim enjoys surfing and all of that stuff so he's going to be involved in the IE site a lot more in the future. You'll be seeing some big changes in the site with the release of the next IE CD.

Which actually brings me to the next bit of news... I'm completely consumed in the writing process of what will be by far the most ambitious album(s) IE has ever done. Some of you probably know that the next 2 releases will comprise the full concept album of the Something Wicked story line, Part 1 & Part 2. I know it's taken quite some time to get this beast on its way to fruition, but it IS finally happening, and I really feel the time is right. The goal is to make this our most epic, dynamic, most melodic and heaviest CD ever. Because of the depth and detail of the story it would be impossible to do it on one CD, there simply is not enough time, so I'm writing both parts at one time so that the continuity is there. If I were to wait a year or two to start writing part 2 I would be in a completely different frame of mind and it wouldn't work nearly as well, so the best thing is to do all the writing at once. We'll get Part 1 recorded, mixed and released and then finish part 2 which will come out about 6 months later. That's at least the preliminary plan. We are still pretty early in the process but things are starting to move along nicely.

I know it's been some time since the release of "The Glorious Burden" and I ask you to please be patient because what's coming next is going to blow you away. This is the album that IE fans have been waiting for.

I want to apologize to the European fans for not making it over there for a headline tour on the last album. My back problems got too intense to be on the road and that really screwed things up for everyone, myself, the rest of the guys in the band, our crew, the promoters etc.. We would have toured a lot more than we did had I not had these problems. The great thing is that the last surgical procedure I had in October of 2004 seems to have worked to make the pain much more tolerable. I did very extensive therapy for many months and am committed to being in the best shape of my life by the time we tour again. It's good to be enjoying life for the first time in a very long time.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank those of you that have picked up the Demons & Wizards "Touched by the Crimson King" CD. Sales have been excellent worldwide and again have exceeded myself and Hansi's expectations. It outsold the 1st release in mere months in many territories, (including the US), around the world and charted high in several European countries. The normal mode of operation is to get out and push the CD by doing live shows but due to Hansi's activities with Blind Guardian and my writing schedule for the next IE release it will probably be a while before we do any live shows. We knew we had a small window of opportunity to get this one recorded and released and were aware that touring was going to be done at a later date from the beginning. We felt it had been too long since the first CD was released so we opted for this plan instead of waiting another 2 years to get the 2nd CD out. We will be doing a live CD at some point here in the States, probably NYC, and that's sure to be quite an event!

2005 was a very special year for me. My daughter was born and it's been by far the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. After so many years of *** breaking work to keep this band alive and successful it was time for me to take care of #1. So I devoted my time to my health and my family and it was great. My batteries definitely needed recharging. Things are in perspective like never before and I feel more determined and more focused than ever. I can say in full confidence that this is coming through in the music.

Contrary to some rumors IE is still very much alive and will be coming back with a vengeance, stronger and more driven than ever to spread our brand of metal. Tim, Bobby and I are very much looking forward to getting these CD's in the can and getting back out to see you all again.

I haven't concentrated until recently with filling the open positions as there are plenty of very talented musicians out there that would love to be a part of the IE legacy. We get hit with demos and email constantly from a lot of great players, even when we're not looking. I'm checking out a few people and announcements will be made when the decisions have been made.

I'll leave another post here in the near future with some titles and updates on the writing and happenings in IE world.

Until next time, Cloven Hooves up!

\m/ \m/

Best to you all,

Jon

On a side note.. looky at my avatar, Hansi is wearing an Iced Earth shirt.

FatalEnergy
05-09-2006, 12:40 AM
I'm not too sure about this new album. I got a feeling it's going to get kind of monotone. Like Schaffer is going to run out of ideas 3/4 of the way through the 1st album and have a lot of fillers. I could be wrong. Hopefully I'm wrong. Hopefully it's not like the last Something Wicked, where every other song was a ballad.

ACircuitShock
05-09-2006, 12:46 AM
I'm not too sure about this new album. I got a feeling it's going to get kind of monotone. Like Schaffer is going to run out of ideas 3/4 of the way through the 1st album and have a lot of fillers. I could be wrong. Hopefully I'm wrong. Hopefully it's not like the last Something Wicked, where every other song was a ballad.

I don't think it will have ballads like Something Wicked did. After all, it's going off the storyline of the last three songs of that album, not the whole thing. Personally I think it will be along the lines of the Gettysburg Trilogy in complexity, althugh i think he'll give us some classic straightforward IE songs too. All in all, I'm pretty pumped about it.

Morumbar
05-09-2006, 03:54 AM
Finally, FINALLY!! It's incredible how long I've been waiting to actually hear the news from Jon!! All the time thinking that the new albums might just me rumors and that IE might just break up... Now I finally know for sure that that's not gonna happen!! AAAAARRGH!!! You have no idea how psyched I am to hear this news, and ofcourse to hear the new albums in some time!!

Another thing that's going to be awesome is that we're going to hear Tim sing about fantasy and stuff. Which means that he might just throw in a very evil-ish tone :p We've heard him sing stuff about war, but not about demons etc. I think that the new album is going to sound more like classic IE, instead of the change in TGB. It was nice to hear something different, but now I'd like to go back to the real Iced Earth!!!!!!

Lord Abortion
05-09-2006, 04:47 AM
That might be the greatest news ever.

Stormrider
05-09-2006, 05:24 AM
:eek: :D :D

Crap, I can't read the letter now, but I will as soon as I get home from school !

And yeah CircuitShock, I have this BG live video where Both Hansi and Anfre have Something Wicked shirts \m/

Thor
05-09-2006, 07:07 AM
Anything involving Jon Schaffer and Bobby Jarzombek is great, so this won't dissapoint.

Apocalyptic Raids
05-09-2006, 07:16 AM
major ejaculation ITT. :p

I have Alive In Athens, Which IE album should I check out next? Keeping in mind my tastes.

Deth
05-09-2006, 10:24 AM
Try Night of the Stormrider. No real reason behind that decision, but it owns.

Rattlehead
05-09-2006, 11:02 AM
i'd say just get Days Of Purgatory. three great albums, improved.

Stormrider
05-09-2006, 01:01 PM
Yeah definitely, go with what Deth said. Get Night of the Stormrider. Well, what are your favorite songs from what you've heard on AiA ? Maybe that would help you decide.

Anyways, I read the letter at school :D I'm so happy. Can't wait for "near future updates". I didn't really get the buit about the live CD though..was it a D&W live album or something else ?

Can't wait to hear these albums !

So nice to see something else then may 13 on the news page :p

EDIT: Woah, this morning the new post only had 300 or so views...now it has 50000.

superflyjojo
05-09-2006, 03:58 PM
Finally some official news from Jon himself. I was starting to get a bit worried!

Stormrider
05-09-2006, 04:02 PM
Hehe. Finally more people posting here after a long awaited update :p

Played along to Dark Saga before supper, unfortunately didn't get to AQOH, but its such a good album. IMO, Vengeance is Mine is the hardest song to play from the album.

Though, The Hunter is an awsome song. Wasn't fond of it at all at first, But I love it now. Same with Depths of Hell. The album is excellent as a whole.

Tyr
05-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Stormrider: Out of curiosity: is there an IE song you don't like? :D

Stormrider
05-09-2006, 04:40 PM
hehe...There are some that I find ordinary at best, yes, but none that I dislike I think.

:p

Tyr
05-09-2006, 04:45 PM
That's what I thought. :p

Stormrider
05-09-2006, 04:47 PM
Heh..what can I say ?

Did you decide what album you're going to pick up next ?

NP Demons and Wizards - Crimson King \m/

victim of changes
05-09-2006, 05:03 PM
Can't wait, this is incredible news.

Tyr
05-09-2006, 05:12 PM
Heh..what can I say ?

Did you decide what album you're going to pick up next ?

NP Demons and Wizards - Crimson King \m/
I was thinking on picking up Horror Show when I go to the store in a few days.

Stormrider
05-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Can't wait, this is incredible news.

Welcome to the forums. Out of curiosity, which IE albums do you own ?

And thats a good choice, Hope Eternal :thumb:

FatalEnergy
05-09-2006, 09:59 PM
Horror Show is pretty solid. It's my favorite album after Burnt Offerings.

ACircuitShock
05-09-2006, 11:38 PM
Horror Show is pretty solid. It's my favorite album after Burnt Offerings.
Horror Show holds a special place for me as it was my first IE album. Very solid album.

Morumbar
05-10-2006, 02:49 AM
I'd go for NOTS. It's the best. Seriously. At least listen to the record in the record store. :p

Man, I can't wait to have the new album!! AARGH!! It's prolly gonna take another half year or more, but I'm already too excited... Iced Earth has never dissapointed me, and I just know that that's not gonna happen now either. The theme of the albums is just so friggin' awesome!! Set Abominae will rule the entire face of the earth, after he has gotten rid of all the non-Iced Earth fans :p

NP: AC/DC - Thunderstruck \m/,

Cannibalcorpse1626
05-10-2006, 08:17 AM
I hope that the next tour isn't just one date in the UK like the HS one was...

Morumbar
05-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Man, I HAVE TO SEE THEM LIVE!!!!!!!

I had a ticket to a TGB show two years ago, but the date got delayed twice, and about a year later, it got cancelled... :(

If there is ONE band that I would do just about anything for to see them live, it's Iced Earth... I'd pay 100 bucks to see them live :p

Rainmaker
05-10-2006, 12:39 PM
amazing!!!

i really hope they tour england this time around!!!

Stormrider
05-10-2006, 01:16 PM
I'm hyped about teh new albums as well (duh!). Should be soem awsome stuff, with it following the Something Wicked Story line.

My first IE album(s) were Night of the Stormrider and TGB. Bought them at the same time. Listened to NOTSR first though. I was :eek: It went from there :p heh

As ong as they come to Montreal I'll be happy. I'll get there early as hell to be in the front front, next to the railings. Will be awsome. In hopes they play a lil bit of the older stuff as well too, of course. Like Stormrider.

Post a list of the songs you would love them to play. Not everything, just the songs you would be...well LOVE to see.

wrathchild88
05-10-2006, 02:43 PM
I already did about 30 pages back, but what the hell:

Burnt Offerings
Dracula
A Question of heaven
Pure Evil
Angels Holocaust
Stormrider
Dark Saga
Dante's Inferno
When the Eagle Cries
Diary
Travel in Stygian
Something Wicked trilogy
Iced Earth

and a cover of The Trooper

I would love to see IE, like I might be seeing Alice in Chains in the summer. I never thought I would be able to and now I can! Same with IE.

Stormrider
05-10-2006, 02:50 PM
I'll think of a list. Eiher way, good list you hav there :)

Cannibalcorpse1626
05-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Stormrider
I died for you
Frankenstein
Atilla
Red Baron/Blue Max
Diary
Pure evil
Melancholy
Last december
To curse the sky