PDA

View Full Version : Iced Earth

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

UnknowN Doodl3.2
04-02-2006, 08:38 PM
chugga chuggah triple triple

Stormrider
04-02-2006, 08:39 PM
Shut up you...you cant even do it :p Joke

Poofy 666
Cool. Damien is a pretty fun song to play along to too.

I remember you posting a long time ago that you were learning Dantes Inferno. How did that go ?
I got the first few minutes. That tapping part is fun to play. I kinda forgot about it because I had to practice for my school's talent show.

UnknowN Doodl3.2
Shut up you...you cant even do it :p

i could if i tried... teach it to me oh masterful one :rolleyes: :naughty:

Stormrider
04-02-2006, 08:41 PM
I got the first few minutes. That tapping part is fun to play. I kinda forgot about it because I had to practice for my school's talent show.

I had tried the tapping...then stopped because I couldnt get it right. :p heh

It is pretty cool though. I should learn the solo. I only know the harmony part of it. I just havnt gotten around to the rest of it yet.

gillygan
04-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Jon Schaffer is pretty much the poop when it comes to Rythm.

/first post in this thread

Poofy 666
04-02-2006, 09:28 PM
Haha, I pretty much just learned 75% of Damien :p

Stormrider
04-03-2006, 05:09 AM
Heh. Even though its not very hard, its lots of fun to play along too...like I said. Did you learn the solo thingy ?

And custom>standard, you just bought the Glorious Burden not long ago eh ?

wrathchild88
04-03-2006, 10:10 AM
Has Jon done any soloing at all? Do you reckon he could? I find it hard to belive that after playing for so long you can't be good enough to play a solo.

And you guys made me want to learn a song now. I pick Burnt Offerings.

Morumbar
04-03-2006, 10:10 AM
I'm trying to learn Prophecy right now. The riffs sound so incredibly awesome!

wrathchild88
04-03-2006, 10:27 AM
Prophecy is next on my list to learn. Its one of my favourite songs, especially when it gets fast half way through.

The tapping in Burnt Offerings hurt my fingers :mad: I havn't done tapping in a while. I gave up on the rest of the solo for now.

Stormrider
04-03-2006, 01:21 PM
Has Jon done any soloing at all? Do you reckon he could? I find it hard to belive that after playing for so long you can't be good enough to play a solo.

And you guys made me want to learn a song now. I pick Burnt Offerings.

Yeah, Jon did some of the soloing in the beginning...not too much though. He said it himself in one of his posts on the official site. I don't know which ones though.

Burnt Offerings is an awsome song. My second favorite on the abum. Its also very fun to play.

Fuck with us and you'll die

And cool Ceminon :thumb:. I havnt listened to that whole trilogy in a while now.

superflyjojo
04-03-2006, 02:33 PM
I love playing along with Dante's Inferno. There's this one riff thats so awesome that it sends chills down my spine.

Stormrider
04-03-2006, 02:35 PM
Which riff is that ?

My favorite part of the song is the Damned, be still thy cursed Wolf part, and then with the monk chanting. That part is beyond awsomeness. Although the first 12 minutes is awsome.

superflyjojo
04-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Which riff is that ?

My favorite part of the song is the Damned, be still thy cursed Wolf part, and then with the monk chanting. That part is beyond awsomeness. Although the first 12 minutes is awsome.

It starts at about 6:56. It's actually only alittle bit before the part you described.

Stormrider
04-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Oh the riff just after the clean part ? Yeah thats awsome. Very fun to play.

The clean part I rather studio then live though.

Drifting now down deeper, into eternal flames

<3

superflyjojo
04-03-2006, 02:47 PM
I also love the really intense riff at about 11:07. It has a fast blast beat and choir chants in the backround.

Edit: Actually its not a choir its just keyboard, my bad.

wrathchild88
04-03-2006, 02:49 PM
Dante's Inferno is the only song that sort of length that keeps me interested the whole way through. That is why it IS one of the best songs ever.

Dream Theater's 'A Change of Seasons' and Opeth's 'Black Rose Immortal' just don't have the same level of awesomeness over that length of time. Still good songs though.

NP: Iced Earth - Dracula

Thor
04-03-2006, 02:51 PM
I love playing along with Dante's Inferno. There's this one riff thats so awesome that it sends chills down my spine.
Can you play all of it? If so then I am very impressed.

has their been reports of any news relating to Iced Earth lately, or are these guys just in a coma?

Stormrider
04-03-2006, 02:52 PM
I also love the really intense riff at about 11:07. It has a fast blast beat and choir chants in the backround.

Edit: Actually its not a choir its just keyboard, my bad.

Yeah. Another one of the great moments on Dantes Inferno. After the 13 minute mark, its less fun to play along to. Still good. Just not aas good as the begenning. Although I love the outro, with the lucifer and all.

It also has one of my favorite IE intro ever.

Thor
04-03-2006, 02:53 PM
I'll have to agree with you on that intro part. It's pretty freakin' sweet.

God, does anyone else in here like "Winter Nights" as much as I do? I think that song is fan-freakin-tastic.

Stormrider
04-03-2006, 02:55 PM
Yes I love Winter Nights. I listened to it like 8 times in a row the other day :p heh...a lil too many times.

Thor
04-03-2006, 02:56 PM
No way, that song never really gets old, at least for me. The clean part in the middle is just pure music bliss for me.

"Don't give up! Don't you ever give up!"...and then the sweet guitar solo.
Oh man, it's just too sweet.

Stormrider
04-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Yeah.

Come into the sky, see the moonlit night

I love it ! I also heard Nightmares. I rather Winter Nights much much more.

Thor
04-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Yeah.

Come into the sky, see the moonlit night

I love it ! I also heard Nightmares. I rather Winter Nights much much more.
As do I. I think that Nightmares is actually the weakest song on Day of Purgatory.

Days of Purgatory is such an amazing album because it shows how good Matt Barlow really is. The vocals on the self titled were so bad and I thought that they songs were just plain bad. Since Barlow stepped in and redid everything I now realize that the songs are kick ***.

Matt Barlow deserves a \m/

Stormrider
04-03-2006, 03:03 PM
I still realy like the debut album, despite the bad vocals. The songs are great, and theres some killer riffs all over the place.

We don't need DoP to show how good Barlow realy is IMO :p

Thor
04-03-2006, 03:04 PM
Well it just reinforces it, I guess. Barlow is one of the most amazing singers that I've ever come across.

Stormrider
04-03-2006, 03:07 PM
I've only heard the song Iced Earth with the redone vocals by Barlow. Not counting the live stuff.

But yes, they are better.

Thor
04-03-2006, 03:09 PM
Just listen to the original and it will make you want to turn it off within about ten seconds of hearing Adams' god-awful squealing.

Stormrider
04-03-2006, 03:13 PM
Hmm. I think I could say that his vocals don't bother me that much anymore :p

Except sometimes, I jsut realy feel like listeing to some amazing vocals, so I dont listen to that one. It all depends...

Thor
04-03-2006, 03:16 PM
They really annoy me because I've been listening to nothing but Matt Barlow-age Iced Earth for about a year and a half, and I just recently decided to check out their first album. It's just soooo bad.

Stormrider
04-03-2006, 03:19 PM
When you listen to a lot of the Barlow stuff yeah, The S/T won't be too appealing :p

But once you get into it, its a great album. You've heard Night of the Stormrder with Greely right ?

wrathchild88
04-03-2006, 04:38 PM
I think the best Barlow moment is on Blessed Are You on AiA, with a super high pitched scream. My jaw drops every time I hear it.

IMO Greely isn't bad either. I think the production sort of makes him sound a bit worse than he is.

Stormrider
04-03-2006, 06:10 PM
My favorite Barlow moment is the end of A Question of Heaven on AiA. I feel like crying when ever I listen it. The whole I walk alone to the very last Why Wont you let me die. I've said this lots of times though :p

And Greely is a hell of a good singer IMO. I don't think the quality is bad for NOSTR...well the remaster anyway.

Thor
04-03-2006, 06:12 PM
Best Barlow for me is what I said earlier...during the clean part in Winter Nights. While it isn't his most impressive moment, it's just so powerful and passionate that I can't help but love it.

Stormrider
04-03-2006, 06:14 PM
Mine changes from time to time, but the one I mentioned has stayed there for a while now.

As for Greely, I would say its the Path I Choose chorus. Awsome :)

Thor
04-03-2006, 06:17 PM
I'm just not all that big on Greely. I know it's not fair in the least because he's next to Barlow, but I guess that's just the way things are. The production doesn't help him either.

Stormrider
04-03-2006, 06:22 PM
I realy don't see whats wrong with the production :-/

And what do you mean by "not fair in the least, he's next to Barlow" ?

Thor
04-03-2006, 06:24 PM
It's not fair when you compare someone to Barlow because they're always going to be worse. :thumb:

Stormrider
04-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Oh I see :p

Greely just has a way of hitting certain high notes that make me shiver. There are many examples of this throught out Night of the Stormrider. While he's not as agressive sounding as Barlow can be, I still like him a lot. By agressive I mean, Listen to the original Pure Evil, then listen to it on AiA.

He's impressive IMO. Not that Barlow isn't, but its Greely I'm talking about now :p

Either way though Barlow > Greely

Thor
04-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Well if this is turning into a Greely dicussion now then I'm going to tune out. I honestly don't know much about him at all.

Morumbar
04-04-2006, 10:19 AM
I'll have to agree with you on that intro part. It's pretty freakin' sweet.

God, does anyone else in here like "Winter Nights" as much as I do? I think that song is fan-freakin-tastic.

For some strange reason I have the idea that I've heard that song a million times before, but that can't be... The part with ''Don't give up... Don't you ever give up'' sounds very familiar...

Btw, I received a new Iced Earth shirt yesterday all the way from America ^^ It has the same print as on my avatar.

NP: A Question Of Heaven

wrathchild88
04-04-2006, 10:45 AM
I ordered a t-shirt sorta like stormrider's avatar saying 'A revolution is coming'. But it hasn't arived yet and its been about 4 weeks :mad:

NP: Amon Amarth - Metalwrath

Stormrider
04-04-2006, 12:58 PM
I want the Stormrider shirt. F'ing awsome shirt IMO. I've wanted it for a long time just never ordered it yet. Cool to know you'll have it wrathchild.

IE shirts are realy nice though.

And Ceminon, didn't I send you Winter Nights ?

NP Burnt Offerings ... I've been listeing to this album a lot lately. number 2 in my list.

superflyjojo
04-04-2006, 01:08 PM
For some strange reason I have the idea that I've heard that song a million times before, but that can't be... The part with ''Don't give up... Don't you ever give up'' sounds very familiar...

Btw, I received a new Iced Earth shirt yesterday all the way from America ^^ It has the same print as on my avatar.

NP: A Question Of Heaven

Nice I have that shirt.

NP: Iced Earth - Last December

Stormrider
04-04-2006, 01:15 PM
NP Brainwashed

LIES FOOLISH LIES BEHIND YOUR BRAINWASHED EYES!!

That is probably the thing I headbang the hardest too \m/

I need more IE shirts.

superflyjojo
04-04-2006, 01:17 PM
NP: Iced Earth - Diary

I love this song so much. It's so intense and has so much passion. The AiA version is great as well.

Stormrider
04-04-2006, 01:26 PM
Diary to is awsome. It has some of the angriest sounding vocals at times.

Thorns ripping through his brow

one example right there...just awsome this makes me grin evily :p

T'is a great album.

NP Creator Failure

Lord Abortion
04-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Yeah, that song does that to me too.

superflyjojo
04-04-2006, 01:29 PM
I am currently listening to Burning Oasis, this song has grown on me quite a bit since I first got the album.

Stormrider
04-04-2006, 01:32 PM
Same here. I was listeing to it yesterday, and its not as bad as I was saying it was. Its actualy a pretty good song. Still my least favoriyte on the album though, I would say.

I don't know what Schaffer didnt like about Barlow's vocal's in the album. Sure their different and not as developed but still.

NP Dantes Inferno

superflyjojo
04-04-2006, 01:39 PM
I actually didn't like the album Burnt Offerings at first because of the vocals. I was used to the vocals from such albums as Horror Show and Something Wicked. I was very unimpressed at first. Now it's my favorite Iced Earth album, go figure.

NP: Dante's Inferno
ABANDON ALL HOPE WHO ENTER HERE!!!! ENTER THE GATES CHARON AWAITS!!!!!!!

Stormrider
04-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Definitely, I rather the other vocals by Barlow. But the BO vocals are different, they have some of the angrier moments IMO. Meh, theyre not the best, obviously, but I like them.

Though you could see they werent as developed. Mostly the high notes. There not as powerful, if I could put it that way. Listen to the end of AQOH studio and you'll see what I mean.

Bazarov
04-04-2006, 02:17 PM
I just got Night of the Stormrider from that upload mailing list. It's awesome. I'm glad I downloaded it.

NP: Stormrider

ACircuitShock
04-04-2006, 02:57 PM
NOTS is pretty freaking awesome. It's hard to believe i didn't care for it much at first. The first IE album I got was Horror Show and i was completley blown away by the vocals. Then I got NOTS and I didn't care for i much. Now it's one of my favorite IE albums. I really enjoy Greelys voice, not quite as expressive as Barlow, but it still can get to me.

On another note, what do you guys think of Mystical End on NOTS? I 've really gotten into it lately and it's becoming one of my favorite IE songs. I love Greely's vocals on it.

Thor
04-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Back to the discussion on Diary, that's my favorite Iced Earth song ever (it actually beats Winter Nights). It's just so bone-crushingly heavy and awesome, especially for a power metal band.

HER THROAT I'LL HAVE IT NOW!!!!

\m/ x 1000

Stormrider
04-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Now Butcher, next go buy the album :p Glad you like it.

It surely is an awsome album. The first IE album I got along, with TGB. Mystical End I like. Its my least favorite on the album, but its a good song altogether. Its fun to play too. Last summer there was this phase where I was obsessed with it. Like I said, its still a realy good song.

Greely gets to me a lot more on the songs like Path I Choose, Travel in Stygian and Desert Rain. Which are his best performances IMO. He's good in the whole album though.

And yeah, Thor, thats another one of the awsome parts. That and the Like it did 10000 years ago !!! With that awsome riff in the back.

ACircuitShock
04-04-2006, 03:05 PM
That is a damn good song. The live version kicks *** as well.

LIKE IT DID TEN TOUSAND YEARS AGO!!!

The definition of awesomeness.

Thor
04-04-2006, 03:06 PM
Yes, the "10000 years ago!" part is the highlight of the song. It's got the super cool headbanging riff and pounding drums. You gotta love it.

Stormrider
04-04-2006, 03:07 PM
That riff I'm talking about is also impossible to play live. Its third as my favorite on the album though. Second is Burnt Offerings and first we all know.

Thor
04-04-2006, 03:09 PM
That riff I'm talking about is also impossible to play live. Its third as my favorite on the album though. Second is Burnt Offerings and first we all know.
I've played it right one time, out of maybe fifty tries. It's pretty tough to get 100% perfect.

My top 3 favorite Iced Earth songs:
1. Diary
2. Winter Nights
3. Damien

ACircuitShock
04-04-2006, 03:10 PM
I need to go learn how to play some IE songs, all I know is Blessed are You. I love Jon's rhythm style.

Triplets=Metal

Stormrider
04-04-2006, 03:18 PM
I don't know if thats what you meant, but I meant playing along to the live version...meh

I also meant my favorite on the album :p ...ignore this if you were just randomly stating your 3 favorite IE song

Yeah I ACircuitShock, learn soem IE songs. Its easier for me to count the songs I dont know then the oes I do know :p

Which one you gunna go learn first ?

Thor
04-04-2006, 03:19 PM
I need to go learn how to play some IE songs, all I know is Blessed are You. I love Jon's rhythm style.

Triplets=Metal
Quoted for truth, brother.

ACircuitShock
04-04-2006, 03:21 PM
I think Angels Holocaust may be first on the list. I really want to learn the Something Wicked trilogy.

NP: And the Story Ends- Blind Guardian (i never realized how cool this song is until just now)

Stormrider
04-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Angels Holocaust was the first IE song I learned. It went from there afterwards.

Is there any love for the song Burnt Offerings outthere ?

ACircuitShock
04-04-2006, 03:30 PM
CAST THEIR BODIES TO THE FLAMES!!

With a line like that, of course their is. What do you guys think of the alternate inro to that song in DOP? It's not bad, but I like the original better.

Thor
04-04-2006, 03:35 PM
First one I learned all the way through was Winter Nights on guitar. I'm actually a bassist, but I wanted to play the solo so bad. :)

Stormrider
04-04-2006, 03:46 PM
CAST THEIR BODIES TO THE FLAMES!!

With a line like that, of course their is. What do you guys think of the alternate inro to that song in DOP? It's not bad, but I like the original better.

I too rather the original intro. It suits the song better IMO. And its just cooler :p

I love every part of that song. The chorus is awsome, the verses with Barlow and Schaffer are beyond awsome...everything is awsome :p

Thor
04-04-2006, 03:47 PM
Well yes, Iced Earth and awesome are synonymous.

ACircuitShock
04-04-2006, 03:50 PM
^ Well said.

I wish some more info about the new album would come out, I'm dying to know more.

Stormrider
04-04-2006, 03:55 PM
True. Very True.

I want more info too...now. I realy need soem new IE stuff :( I'm realy anxious to see how it will sound.

wrathchild88
04-04-2006, 03:56 PM
Angels Holocaust was the first IE song I learned. It went from there afterwards.

Is there any love for the song Burnt Offerings outthere ?
Of course there is. It's my second favourite on BO after Dante's Inferno. I loved it ever since I first heard it. The first time it started to go into the solo and the atmosphere changes i was like; :eek: Apocalypse!

Stormrider
04-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Of course there is. It's my second favourite on BO after Dante's Inferno. I loved it ever since I first heard it. The first time it started to go into the solo and the atmosphere changes i was like; :eek: Apocalypse!

That solo is pretty chaotic. Awsome though :p

As ACircuitShock pointed out before, the Cast their bodies to the flames bit is realy cool. Its a sudden chsnge from the dark clean section.

Its one of my favorite IE songs.

ACircuitShock
04-04-2006, 04:02 PM
That song is definitley is up there in my faves.

Well, I'm off to work. I'll try to post in this thread more often, what with Spring Break and all. Farewell!

Stormrider
04-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Do post in here more often :)

Deth
04-04-2006, 07:38 PM
First one I learned all the way through was Winter Nights on guitar. I'm actually a bassist, but I wanted to play the solo so bad. :)
Bassists ftw.

IE songs aren't that interesting on bass for the most part.

Darkness
04-04-2006, 08:17 PM
I like that groovy bass line in the acoustic intro to Dracula.

Stormrider
04-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Yeah, they don't really sound too interesting at times. But there are exceptions. Like what Dunkelheit said.

Theres some cool ones through out Burnt Offerings also.

Also, in the verses of I Died for You, the bass realy adds, or else it saounds sonewhat empty.

ACircuitShock
04-05-2006, 01:17 AM
That intro to Damien may be one of my favorite Bass intros ever. Then the choir kicks in... pure metal bliss

Morumbar
04-05-2006, 04:51 AM
I want the Stormrider shirt. F'ing awsome shirt IMO. I've wanted it for a long time just never ordered it yet. Cool to know you'll have it wrathchild.

IE shirts are realy nice though.

And Ceminon, didn't I send you Winter Nights ?

NP Burnt Offerings ... I've been listeing to this album a lot lately. number 2 in my list.

Yup, true. But for some reason I just feel that it sounds familiar... I dunno where I've heard it before. It's a very cool song though :thumb:

Btw, there is one thing about the stormrider shirt that I don't like, and it's the only reason why I didn't order it... I think 'F*ck Posers' doesn't really fit Iced Earth. Statements like that are mostly made by nu-metal bands.

ArcLite
04-05-2006, 04:59 AM
...I think 'F*ck Posers' doesn't really fit Iced Earth. Statements like that are mostly made by nu-metal bands.

That's what turned me off of that shirt too. Shame, cause otherwise it is a sweet shirt.

Stormrider
04-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Hmm, I don't mind the F*ck Posers in the back. In that Colours video and interview, he did talk about wannab's: "You can tell the serious people apart from the f*cking wannab's" ...Somethin along those lines.

I think theres a Stormrider shirt without it though. Eitherway, I realy like the shirt.

And yeah, I realy like that intro, ACircuitShock. Except the song somewhat drags on at then end :-/ IMO.

Lord Abortion
04-05-2006, 03:33 PM
I don't like the shirt much, it's pretty un-Iced Earth

IheartSP
04-05-2006, 03:41 PM
I have been a long standing Iced Earth, Matt Barlow, and most of all Jon Schaffer hater. I think every 1/10 songs is amazing, but the other 9/10 are unoriginal ripoffs of themselves with boring thrash riffs and sub-par vocals.

...then I downloaded The Glorious Burden.

BY FAR this is the best Iced Earth album I have ever heard. I could not stand Barlow's cheesy baritone voice, and The Ripper totally makes up for that. He has absolutely amazing falsetto shouts (possibly even better than Halford) and his lower vocals are astonishing. Although Schaffer does stick to his normal thrash riff thing, he broke out of the cookie cutter and changed it up with some really interesting new riffs.

The highlight of the album is the new emphasis on leads and solos. There seems to be a significant amount more spotlight on the harmonized Maiden-esque leads, and about half the songs have solos. I thought old Iced Earth solos were average, not amazing but certainly not terrible. The ones on this album seem much better. Most notably is the solo in Valley Forge. IE has never really tried that power metal neoclassical approach, and although this only slightly touches on it, it was a surprising and effective change. Also, the harmonized leads on Waterloo are very good, as are many other songs.

IE just always seemed lame to me and besides a few songs here and there they never really conveyed the message they wanted to. In TGB the whole patriot/history theme is portrayed very well, and makes history seem like a real thrill ride (although I already love history anyway). Not since Maiden has a band pulled off such a good musical representation of some of histories greatest moments.

Although I still would give most Iced Earth albums a D or C, and both Demons and Wizards albums an F, Schaffer did finally pull something off I enjoy quite a bit.

Morumbar
04-05-2006, 04:22 PM
First of all I have to disagree with you, but I gotta go, so I don't have time to explain all my arguments here. I just came here to ask one thing:

I've been playing guitar in normal standard tuning, but I wanna try tuning it in eb. I just can't find a tone to tune my guitar to. who can find it for me?

IheartSP
04-05-2006, 05:31 PM
Eb = 6th fret on A string

Darkness
04-05-2006, 05:36 PM
That intro to Damien may be one of my favorite Bass intros ever. Then the choir kicks in... pure metal bliss
I love that part, leads well into those nice acoustics, then that crushing heavy riff. :thumb: I'm going to pick up Something Wicked this Way Comes really soon, possibly Friday or Monday.

Stormrider
04-05-2006, 08:52 PM
That acoustic part is realy nice. Its a really cool riff, great song.

TGB is a good album.

And back to the shirt thing, the fron tof the shirt is so awsome. I can understand some of you saying that the back of it kills the shirt for you, but the Stormrider cover is realy cool though.

IheartSP
04-06-2006, 04:29 AM
You could try and maybe get a tailor to cut around it and sew black cloth back on where the hole is.

-The Frank
04-06-2006, 05:14 AM
Would any of you fine gentlemen, upload TGB for me? Or, direct me to a link where i could download it?

I really want to get into more Owens

thanks

Morumbar
04-06-2006, 07:07 AM

No I mean that I want to tune my guitar in eb... Which is the IE standard tuning (rather low), but I need a tone so that I can tune one string of my guitar. That way I can tune the rest too.

If that is what you already meant then I apologize... I don't know a lot about music yet :P Could someone plz be a little more specific?...

Thor
04-06-2006, 07:09 AM
The best Iced Earth shirt ever is the one with the blue demon on the front and on the back it says "we will come to conquer". I've been meaning to get it for quite some time.

Lord Abortion
04-06-2006, 07:27 AM
Mine is the Set Abominae one...I have a Reckoning longsleeve too.

Thor
04-06-2006, 07:28 AM
Well most Iced Earth shirts are awesome just because they're covered in badass pictures of demons and other scary stuff.

The Dark Genesis shirt is pretty sweet, too.

Morumbar
04-06-2006, 07:33 AM

No I mean that I want to tune my guitar in eb... Which is the IE standard tuning (rather low), but I need a tone so that I can tune one string of my guitar. That way I can tune the rest too.

If that is what you already meant then I apologize... I don't know a lot about music yet :P Could someone plz be a little more specific?...

wrathchild88
04-06-2006, 07:41 AM
Play the 6th fret on the A string then tune the E string down so that it makes an octave with the other one. You'll know when you have it right because it'll sound nice.

You might also be able to tune it to the start of 'Stand Alone'.

Morumbar
04-06-2006, 08:22 AM
Play the 6th fret on the A string then tune the E string down so that it makes an octave with the other one. You'll know when you have it right because it'll sound nice.

You might also be able to tune it to the start of 'Stand Alone'.

I got it :D I tuned my thick E string to the 4th fret of the A string. Now I can learn songs more quickly cuz I can play with them. It's awesome :P

I can play Stand Alone btw. Only I don't play the triplets yet... And there's one part that's a little too fast for me, but as long as I practise a lot, I'll get it right.

EDIT: Btw, that shirt with the blue demon and on the back ''We will come to conquer''... I have that shirt ^^

superflyjojo
04-06-2006, 10:50 AM
The best Iced Earth shirt ever is the one with the blue demon on the front and on the back it says "we will come to conquer". I've been meaning to get it for quite some time.

I have that shirt, it's pretty awesome.

Stormrider
04-06-2006, 01:05 PM
The we will conquer one is OK to me :-/

The Something Wicked ones are realy nice, Like Ollie said, the ones with Set are awsome Along with the Horror show Ones. And the Stormrider one...

In the future, I want the Stormrider, A set one, and maybe 2 Horrow Show ones. The Gettysburg one too is pretty nice IMO.

Maybe a hoody too, but I havnt sen any of them yet. Theres so many that I want :p

Morumbar
04-06-2006, 02:05 PM
The we will conquer one is OK to me :-/

The Something Wicked ones are realy nice, Like Ollie said, the ones with Set are awsome Along with the Horror show Ones. And the Stormrider one...

In the future, I want the Stormrider, A set one, and maybe 2 Horrow Show ones. The Gettysburg one too is pretty nice IMO.

Maybe a hoody too, but I havnt sen any of them yet. Theres so many that I want :p

Yeah, Iced Earth shirts should be evil-ish!! The TGB and Gettysburg shirt are too nice... I have the Reckoning shirt and the one with the blue Set.

I don't really like the Horror Show shirts, except for the Damien shirt. I think the characters look to childly drawn.

superflyjojo
04-06-2006, 02:07 PM
I've been trying to decide whether to get the Dracula or the Damien shirt. Oh well I'll probably end up getting both lol.

NP: Iced Earth - Iced Earth

ACircuitShock
04-06-2006, 02:17 PM
I can never ind IE shirts in my size. All places ever have is L and XL.... it makes me mad.

superflyjojo
04-06-2006, 02:23 PM
Strangely enough I found my Iced Earth shirt at Hot Topic of all places. I saw the "We Will Come To Conquer" shirt hung up in there and immediately went in and bought it.

NP: Iced Earth - Curse The Sky

Morumbar
04-06-2006, 02:23 PM
I've been trying to decide whether to get the Dracula or the Damien shirt. Oh well I'll probably end up getting both lol.

NP: Iced Earth - Iced Earth

The Damien shirt is awesome, but especially the Dracula shirt looks like a stereotype drawn vampire from a child book...

ACircuitShock
04-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Strangely enough I found my Iced Earth shirt at Hot Topic of all places. I saw the "We Will Come To Conquer" shirt hung up in there and immediately went in and bought it.

NP: Iced Earth - Curse The Sky

The same thing happened to me, but i went in there and all they had was L and XL. I was rather sad... :upset:

Lord Abortion
04-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Hahaha, you all have trouble with getting small enough ones and I'm the opposite.:p

I'm too tall for clothing:(

ACircuitShock
04-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Ya, I'm a skinny guy. It seems that all the places I see seem to think all metalheads are big guys with beer bellies. The scrawny guys like metal too!

superflyjojo
04-06-2006, 02:54 PM
I'm probably going to just start ordering Iced Earth shirts (and all other metal shirts for that matter) online becaue I have alot of difficulty finding the shirts I want in stores.

NP: Iced Earth - Angel's Holocaust

Stormrider
04-06-2006, 03:33 PM
I have to go to my local flea market and see what shirts they have there before I order anything.

The Damien shirt is the nicest of the HS ones IMO, The ring with the writing in the back is too awsome.

L is perfect for me :cool:

Oh, and I just got back from playing along to some IE stuff standing up with my strap...I need practice standing up :-/

superflyjojo
04-06-2006, 05:12 PM
I decided to listen to my least favorite IE albums again The Dark Saga and Something Wicked. Funny because these albums have some of my favorite IE songs. I just don't think that the albums are strong as wholes.

NP: Iced Earth - Dark Saga

Stormrider
04-06-2006, 06:27 PM
I don't know how to explain myself with Somethin Wicked :-/

Its got songs I love, But, I just don't see myself putting that album in my top 3 IE albums. Though, when I listen to it, I enjoy it a lot.

hmm

Darkness
04-06-2006, 06:30 PM
Well if that ones not that good, which do I get next?!? :upset: I want something with Matt on vox...

Stormrider
04-06-2006, 06:35 PM
No no ! I'm far from saying its not good. I'm just really confused on how to put my feelings toward that album :p I do realy like it...

You could also go with Burnt Offerings. Which has Matt, but his voice is less...developed I could say, its got awsome songs though. Or theres Dark Saga too.

superflyjojo
04-06-2006, 06:39 PM
I don't know what it is about those two albums. The Hunter and A Question of Heaven are two of my absolute favorite Iced Earth songs, and The Something Wicked Trilogy is breathtaking, but they are still my least favorite Iced Earth albums. Some songs I like more now like I Died For You and Disciples Of The Lie, but these albums still fall short of the others.

NP: Iced Earth - Reaping Stone (my second least favorite IE song the least favorite being Depths Of Hell.)

Edit:

I'm actually quite enjoying the part that starts at 2:15 where it picks up pace. Oh well I still don't like it that much.

Stormrider
04-06-2006, 06:41 PM
Depths of Hell has realy grown on me lately. I didnt like it at first, but all that changed.

So has Reaping Stone, but thats mostly due because of Barlow's performance.

Darkness
04-06-2006, 06:42 PM
Burnt Offerings isn't at my store, otherwise I'd get that... and I hear the Dark Saga isn't that good... so I donno.

Stormrider
04-06-2006, 06:46 PM
Dark Saga just takes a while to grow on you. Well it did for me, and others that I've talked to.

Burnt Offerings seems to be a rare album. I only saw it once in a store, and thats when I bought it.

superflyjojo
04-06-2006, 06:50 PM
NP: Blessed Are You

I never used to like this song, but I gotta say it has grown on me alot. I really like how melodic it is and how it leads nicely into Prophecy. I'd say that so far The Dark Saga has the slight edge over Something Wicked, but I'll make my final verdict when I'm done with Something Wicked.

NP: Prophecy

I just gotta say that I love this song, it is pure awesomeness.

Stormrider
04-06-2006, 07:18 PM
Yeah Prophecy owns. That whole trilogy does. As for Blessed Are You, I liked that song the first Time I heard it...great song.

The Coming Curse is my favorite song of the trilogy though.

I'de have to do like you and listen to the album and see which I rather more.

superflyjojo
04-06-2006, 07:27 PM
The Coming Curse is actually my favorite song on that whole album. It just barely missed my top five. After listening to both albums I'd still say The Dark Saga is the better album. It just works better as a whole album. With Something Wicked I'd just prefer to listen to the songs I like then turn it off.

NP: Iced Earth - Damien

I decided to listen to Horror Show too. I love this album. It's in my top three behind Burnt Offerings and Night Of The Stormrider.

Darkness
04-06-2006, 07:43 PM
Now whats this trilogy people keep mentioning? I imagine theres some kind of concept album or something?

/Iced Earth noob

superflyjojo
04-06-2006, 07:52 PM
Now whats this trilogy people keep mentioning? I imagine theres some kind of concept album or something?

/Iced Earth noob

A few of Iced Earth's albums have a trilogy. A trilogy is three songs used to tell one epic story. It is usally used to close an album. The Dark Saga has The Suffering Trilogy, Something Wicked This Way Comes has the Something Wicked Trilogy (my favorite trilogy), and The Glorious Burden has the Gettysburgh Trilogy. Some even consider the first three songs on Night Of The Stormrider to be a trilogy, although they aren't officialy recognized as one.

NP: Iced Earth - Dragon's Child

This song has grown on me alot.

Darkness
04-06-2006, 08:02 PM
Oh ok, I've heard The Coming Curse and it's great, thats why I wanted to get Something Wicked...

Deth
04-06-2006, 08:05 PM
Go get it. It's fantastic, and should be a good next album for you.

superflyjojo
04-06-2006, 08:17 PM
NP: Iced Earth - The Phantom Opera Ghost

This song is so awesome I'm always in a constant debate with myself whether this, Dracula, or Wolf is my favorite off of Horror Show.

Stormrider
04-06-2006, 08:17 PM
I decided to listen to Horror Show too. I love this album. It's in my top three behind Burnt Offerings and Night Of The Stormrider.

Those are my top 3 at the moment. Night of the Stormrider and Burnt Offerings don't realy change position though.

And yeah, Dunkelheit, just pick Something Wicked up next. Meh, I'm going to put it on to sleep tonight.

I'm not one of those persons to consider the first 3 songs of NOTSR to be a trilogy because they don't tell a story of their own. They flow along with the rest of the album.

And Deth, is Something Wicked your favorite IE album ?

Deth
04-06-2006, 08:23 PM
Probably, yeah. I still need the self titled and Dark Saga though. I have heard most of the songs on them, but of course I need the actual albums.

4500 posts, whoopee!

Stormrider
04-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Oh, I always thought you had all the albums. Or its maybe because I hadnt considered that you were missing one or 2 :p

Which songs havnt you heard on both those albums ?

Darkness
04-06-2006, 08:55 PM
Go get it. It's fantastic, and should be a good next album for you.
Alright, I'll do that then. :thumb:

Stormrider
04-06-2006, 08:58 PM
What happens if you go in the store and you see Burnt Offerings :p ?

Darkness
04-06-2006, 09:06 PM
Damnit.. leave me alone. :lol:

I'd probably get that, then.

Stormrider
04-06-2006, 09:12 PM
:p heh

Hmm, Burnt Offerings eh...is it because of the ratings on Sputnik ?

Darkness
04-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Yep.

Stormrider
04-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Thought so.

coughnightofthestormridercough

I'm just kidding, BO too is a great album.

Darkness
04-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Night is also at the store. Does it have Matt on it? Does DOP have Matt on it to? Those are both at the store, would those be better choices?! I'm so confused. :upset:

Stormrider
04-07-2006, 05:15 AM
DoP is the older songs redone with Matt singing. So, if you want a feel of what the first 3 albums were like, AND you want Barlow on vocals, then you could get this. Is it the 2 disc version at your store, or the crappy 1 disc ?

Night of the Stormrider has John Greely. He's a great singer (IMO), so don't be worried about having to face bad vocals. My favorite IE album :)

I'm making your life harder :p

Morumbar
04-07-2006, 09:47 AM
NOTS is definitely the best album :p Then I'd pick SWTWC and after that Burnt Offerings...
I'd buy SWTWC or NOTS if I were you. Those are the best albums.

Btw, I think it'd be freakin' awesome if they'd redo all of the songs from the self titled with Tim :D
The riffs on that album are freakin' amazing, but the vocals suck so bad... Well, Gene's vocals grow on you after a while, so it doesn't really bother me that much... But still... Wouldn't it be awesome?...

EDIT: I think that that would even make it my favorite album or second favorite...

Deth
04-07-2006, 09:51 AM
It would be awesome, yes.

What would be more awesome would be a DVD.

Morumbar
04-07-2006, 09:57 AM
Yeah, a live DVD... We haven't seen that yet... Though I fear that IE won't be touring as often as they used to do due to Jon's back problems...

NP: The Funeral

Stormrider
04-07-2006, 01:13 PM
They already have DoP with Barlow though. I doubt they'll go back and do that stuff with Tim. I read an inyterview once with Tim, and it asked if they had any plans of going back to the older songs. To make it short I think he said no. It was with a different label too.

And yes Ceminon, the riffs on that album are awsome. I don't agree with you on Something Wicked being in their top 2 though :p

I'll try to find it and post it. I dont think what I said is fairly acurate to what he said.

And yes a DVD would own.

Morumbar
04-07-2006, 02:38 PM
I know that it would not be possible, and that it's never gonna happen anyway... But still... wouldn't it be awesome?...

Stormrider
04-07-2006, 02:50 PM
http://www.metal-rules.com/interviews/IcedEarth-Ripper-Jan2004.htm

Here the interview...and theres the part i was looking for.

Another one of our readers wanted to know if the band has discussed re-recording any of the older songs with you on vocals like they did when Matt joined and recorded the DAYS OF PURGATORY CD?

Tim: No, not really. That was all Century Media stuff and now we're on SPV, so we really haven't discussed it.

It would be pretty cool though. Its a good interview, anyone, read it if you have the chance.

Morumbar
04-08-2006, 03:12 AM
I've read the interview. I remember that I've already read half of it once though. Well, now I've read the whole thing anyways :p

NP: IE - Life & Death

Stormrider
04-08-2006, 06:22 AM
Heh, I've read a bunch of interviews. They're fun to read.

BTW, great song you're listeing too.

I googled Iced Earth to see if there was an updated site floating around and I found htis so far,

http://www.massconcerts.com/graphics/icedearth.htm

pictures...lots

Morumbar
04-08-2006, 07:05 AM
Cool pictures. Looks professional to me.

NP: Jackyl & Hyde

Stormrider
04-08-2006, 07:12 AM
Yeah they're pretty cool.

I also really like the ones on this greek fansite. the ones on icerealm too. I talked to this guy on another forum once, and he said he had saved them all or something before the site closed. Lucky him.

UnknowN Doodl3.2
04-08-2006, 07:55 AM
barlow's hair > me

Stormrider
04-08-2006, 08:01 AM
For sure. Barlow's hair >> everyones hair

:p

UnknowN Doodl3.2
04-08-2006, 08:25 AM
especially your hair

Stormrider
04-08-2006, 09:36 AM
Screw you :mad:

UnknowN Doodl3.2
04-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Screw you :mad:

aww little jamie no likey?

Stormrider
04-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Jammie*

Morumbar
04-08-2006, 10:42 AM
Ehrr... Excuse me... I don't really get this at all... :p

UnknowN Doodl3.2
04-08-2006, 10:43 AM
Ehrr... Excuse me... I don't really get this at all... :p

inside thing... im his big bro thats why :p

EDIT: \m/ @ your user title

Stormrider
04-08-2006, 01:43 PM
Yeah, doodle is my brother.

I'm way cooler though.

Morumbar
04-08-2006, 02:26 PM
lol ^^ Disciples of the Watch is our Iced Earth clan XD

Are you a big IE fan too, Doodle?

Stormrider
04-08-2006, 02:27 PM
Wait, are you asking him if he's a big IE fan, or are you asking if I anoy him with IE ? :p

Morumbar
04-09-2006, 02:40 AM
No, just wondering, since he's your bro and since he's posting in this thread about Barlow's hair and Disciples of the Watch :P

Where I live, IE fans are rare ^^
I drive people crazy sometimes when they ask me to put on some music, and I put on IE :p lol

Btw, I finally found that weird cover for NOTS:

http://i14.ebayimg.com/03/i/06/9a/ae/5a_1_b.JPG

wrathchild88
04-09-2006, 06:39 AM
lol ^^ Disciples of the Watch is our Iced Earth clan XD

Are you a big IE fan too, Doodle?
Please note that there is also a Testament song 'Disciples of the Watch'. Maybe we should be the 'Disciples of the Lie' IE clan then?

Wow I only just heard Winter Nights for the first time. Wow, just wow. Awesome song.

Stormrider
04-09-2006, 06:47 AM
He's an IE fan. Really not as big as I am but he still is. As for Disciples of the Watch, he was probably talking about teh Testament song, not your clan :p

And I had seen the cover here. There was this album cover competition that didint last long anyways. The guy had put the dragon one instead of the horse one. Thats how I saw it.

And yeah wrathchild, Winter Nights is an awsome song.

Lord Abortion
04-09-2006, 08:38 AM
I<3 Barlow's hair.

Stormrider
04-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Me too .

Have you seen any of the recent pictures of him, well maybe not recent, but one where he's basicly bald ? If you havnt, don't look for them :(

http://www.icedearth.com.br/fotos.php

I just found that, it has lots of pictures of IE. Its a brazilian site though. Theres also a picture of Schaffer with a white thing on his neck. for his neck problems...and pics of demons and wizards.

SilverSpoon
04-09-2006, 10:50 AM
That's a cool site. I like seeing the D&W photos. Haven't really seen any of them performing. It's so awesome seeing Jon and Hansi sharing the stage.

Stormrider
04-09-2006, 10:53 AM
Yeah I really liked the pictures. I saved a bunch of them to my computer incase that site would ever leave liked the icedrealm. That and because I wanted them on the computer.

Like you said, the ones with Jon and Hansi were pretty cool. Did you take a look at the Purgatory ones ? Jon was so young.

SilverSpoon
04-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Yeah. The one with him and Abell on stage...well, the rip on Jon's right pant leg was a little too close to his nuts.

Stormrider
04-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Haha, I don't remember seeing that :p

Oh, and theres also the pictures for the orignal covers of the albums. I had seen it, but hadn't seen the back of the covers. They were better IMO.

All in all, great site, too bad its a brazilian one.

Stormrider
04-10-2006, 01:27 PM
http://www.icedearth.com.br/bootlegs.php

What exacly are bootlegs ? Theres a bunch of "bootlegs" there but I don't really know what they are.

And anyone else realized that the IE icon is gone from teh adress bar on their site ? What can this mean ?

NP Kamelot - This Pain

Lord Abortion
04-10-2006, 01:53 PM
They are live recordings done unofficially.

Stormrider
04-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Oh ok, thanks. There are a ton of them, literaly, but how can I watch them ?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but meh...

NP Death - Empty Words

Lord Abortion
04-10-2006, 02:03 PM
You can get them from E-Bay or whatever usually.

Some bands such as Dream Theater make them as sort of "official" Bootlegs where they release rare stuff, such as their legendary whole album covers (The Number of the beast, Master of Puppets, Dark side of the moon etc.) themselves.

The video ones are usually poor quality, and the audio ones are sometimes questionable, but you do get alot of rare things on there.

Stormrider
04-10-2006, 02:09 PM
Oh ok, I see. Hmm, There was a lot, I'll see if I can find some maybe. Doubt it though.

Oh, and this should get you interested, in the video section theres a video of Desert Rain live :D ..I'm going to watch it a minute I think.

EDIT: Meh, its only audio...still cool...Greely live :)

Morumbar
04-10-2006, 02:10 PM
On disciples of the ice you can download a complete concert bootleg :D
It's a cool site.

On my website (www.thecomingcurse.tk) you can find all the videoclips under the 'Links' section. It's a Dutch website, though I don't think it'll be too hard to get through to find the videoclips.

And there are some wallpapers under the 'Media' section that I made with Photoshop.

Stormrider
04-10-2006, 03:18 PM
How do you write that disciples site in the address bar ?

NP Dante's Inferno live

Ollie, did you listen to Desert Rain live with Greely yet ?

SilverSpoon
04-10-2006, 04:07 PM
On disciples of the ice you can download a complete concert bootleg :D
It's a cool site.

Oh dude, HELL YES!

Lord Abortion
04-10-2006, 04:35 PM
That video is cool, but they must have had about a 50 budget for it...However much renting a smoke machine costs and then 2 for the plastic skull :p

SilverSpoon
04-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Aw, damn, I downloaded that bootleg from Disciples of the Ice and it's only audio. I want video!

Thor
04-10-2006, 06:23 PM
How do you write that disciples site in the address bar ?

NP Dante's Inferno live

Ollie, did you listen to Desert Rain live with Greely yet ?
I didn't think Dante's Inferno could possibly be any more epic until I finally heard it on AiA. Excellent pick. :thumb:

Stormrider
04-10-2006, 06:30 PM
That video is cool, but they must have had about a 50 budget for it...However much renting a smoke machine costs and then 2 for the plastic skull :p

You are talking for the Desert Rain one right ? It was only audio for me :( But...I want a video, can you post the link to the video please ?

And SilverSpoon, how do we spell the disiples site in the adress bar, I wanna check it out. I've tired disciplesoftheice, but that didn't work. I want that concert thing.

Lord Abortion
04-10-2006, 06:36 PM
The vid is there...it's under the melancholy one.

Stormrider
04-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Yeah, and I press the link, it opens up windows media and its audio :confused:

It shows no video...

EDIT: This sucks. The Malncholy video is like 46 MB. then there the Desert Rain one who's 9.92MB.

:(

NVM about that discples site, I found it. I'm getting part 3 of the IE show with the Horrow Show songs.I'll get the rest after...I'll get the BG ones too.

superflyjojo
04-10-2006, 09:14 PM
Can someone give me the link to these shows? I've always wanted to hear horror show songs live.

Edit. NM I found it. I don't mean to be a pain in the ass, but can someone upload part 3 of the bootleg to yousendit and send the link to me to me? I've exceeded my download limit on megaupload. I know its asking alot, but I would really appreciate it.

nphelan@optonline.net

Edit: Dunkelheit the link is http://www.disciplesoftheice.cjb.net just go to the downloads section.

Darkness
04-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Can someone give me the link to these shows? I've always wanted to hear horror show songs live.
Me to...

superflyjojo
04-10-2006, 10:42 PM
Nevermind I don't need it sent sorry lol.

Morumbar
04-11-2006, 09:33 AM
It's written: http://www.disciplesoftheice.cjb.net/

But that concert is audio only... Bummer... Would have been cool. A whole concert...

Is that Bang Your Head stuff any good on that brazilian IE website? (not disciples of the ice)

I think I'll download the Melancholy and the Bang Your Head movies.

EDIT: Don't download the Bang Your Head movies... They're the worst quality imaginable... :P

EDIT: I downloaded the 3rd part of the bootleg on disciples of the ice... The quality sucks... :P

EDIT: You wanna hear sumthing awesome?! On that Brazilian site you can download Angels Holocaust live... BUT!! It's from 2004... Which means... Tim... The Ripper... Owens!! is on the mic!!

Stormrider
04-11-2006, 12:57 PM
Part 3 was the first one I downloaded. Dracula, Wolf and Damien all in one concet when Barlow was still there :eek: Even if the quality sucks, I want it.

I need to go get winrar, which I will do later. Oh, and I didnt see that Angels Holocaust one. I have to get that too.

Yesterday I played along to the Studio Something Wicked trilogy, and it made me remember just how awsome it is.

EDIT: Listeing to Coming Curse from that show thingy. Awsome stuff :D Barlow doesn't hit those high notes as powerful though....stilll awsome what so ever. Do you think it could be when Barlow was startign to lose interest in the music ? This is a show from 2002

I'm saying this but I'm still listening to the coming curse. I'll say what I think after I listened to Dracula and the rest of the stuff.

EDIT: I listened to Wolf and now in Damien...I hate to say it, but those high vocals sound forced :(:(

Morumbar
04-11-2006, 02:05 PM
I think he did The Coming Curse rather well, but on Dracula his voice kinda... wel... well, it stinks :P

Stormrider
04-11-2006, 02:06 PM
That scream in Damien...he can't keep it up...And its not very powerful. But yeah, Coming Curse is pretty good.

EDIT: I just listened to Dracula. I would think its because he's tired of having had played a whole show before those few songs or something. I'll listen to part 2, and see how he manages AQOH

I'm not dissing him or anything, don't think that...Probably after a long show or tour, Like Ceminon here just told me. It happens...its still good.

Like I said, stuff like that happens. He's still my favorite singer :D

EDIT: I listened to a few songs on disc one of AiA. The atmosphere is really really different. The othjer seemed to have a somber atmosphere...

Stormrider
04-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Screw double posting. Found this half hour video :) Has to do with Alive in Athens. Havnt watched it all yet, the lil loading bar isnt at the end yet.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6549798220656940332&q=iced+earth

And I listened to Angel's Holocaust live with Tim. It's good.

EDIT: This sucks. I can't watch the whole video, the download stopped in the middle. I only saw the first 8 minutes or so.

wrathchild88
04-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Screw double posting. Found this half hour video :) Has to do with Alive in Athens. Havnt watched it all yet, the lil loading bar isnt at the end yet.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6549798220656940332&q=iced+earth

And I listened to Angel's Holocaust live with Tim. It's good.

EDIT: This sucks. I can't watch the whole video, the download stopped in the middle. I only saw the first 8 minutes or so.
Apart from the poor picture quality and the Queensryche video in the middle; :eek: :thumb: :chug:

Stormrider
04-11-2006, 07:47 PM
So you got to see it all ? Me the dark coloured bar that moves along stopped half way this time, so I only got to see 17 minutes. I wanna see the rest dammit ! And it doesn't let me download.

Do I need something specific to be able to watch it/download it ?

EDIT: I found a way to watch...when it doesnt load anymore i just reclick enter for the adress in the adress bar, and it loads a lil further each time...its loading now, but it stopped in the very begginning of Pure Evil :mad:

EDIT: That was pretty cool. Poeple, watch it; we see some songs from AiA :eek:

SilverSpoon
04-12-2006, 06:26 AM
About the weaker sounding vocals live, well, hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's the way it always is live. Even though these guys are capable of it, it's not something they can just pull out easily. On the albums there's a lot of junk they do to make it sound good, as well as preparation before it. And singing all night doesn't make it any easier. Even Hansi from Blind Guardian can't hit all the high stuff all the time, and he's freakin' operatic. For Matt, though, his voice is naturally low, which makes it even harder. I know Tim has an easier time with it because his natural range is much higher.

Even on Alive in Athens you'll notice he can't do all the high wailing properly. The end of A Question of Heaven comes to mind.

Deth
04-12-2006, 10:16 AM
But I love the end of AQOH live :(

Matt owns that songs.

SilverSpoon
04-12-2006, 10:45 AM
Yeah, it's still good, but he doesn't capture that wailing like on the studio album.

wrathchild88
04-12-2006, 01:28 PM
What about at the end of Blessed Are You on AiA 'side by SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!' He definately hit the high note there.

I saw the Ripper a couple of days ago in his other band; Beyond Fear (pretty good stuff, they opened up for Anthrax) and he's certainly very good in the vocal department, even live.

Stormrider
04-12-2006, 01:31 PM
:eek:

SilverSpoon, I much rather the end of AQOH live then studio. Its much more powerful then the studio. He reaches those notes in a...well better way IMO. I honestly don't have much to complain about the high wailing of Matt on AiA.

But I agree with the rest of what you said...I was just shocked at first I guess :p I know that its hars stuff. Wolf, Damien and Dracula were ones of the last songs to play on that concert thingy. That doesn't help.

SilverSpoon
04-12-2006, 02:32 PM
I have a feeling it was in a small club with sh*tty acoustics as well, which makes it stand out more.

Stormrider
04-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Yeah, even though the quality sucked, it didn't sound as a too..great place.

Did you watch that AiA video I posted ?

NP Damien

SilverSpoon
04-12-2006, 06:39 PM
Wow, hey, I didn't even notice that. I'm watching it now!

Stormrider
04-12-2006, 06:53 PM
I love the part where we see his parents. His mother is wearing an IE shirt :p \m/

I never thought I would see some songs being played on the night Alive in Athens was recorded though. I'm really happy I saw that. Pure Evil was awsome ! Too bad I can't save the video to my computer, it won't let me download it which sucks. I keep the link in my favorites though.

Tell me what you think about it afterwards :)

Deth
04-12-2006, 08:55 PM
The video is pretty sweet.

It pisses me off though because it shows that a DVD would have been possible.

I didn't know that James played with his fingers though, that's news to me.

SilverSpoon
04-13-2006, 06:16 AM
I didn't know James played a six string...or was it five? Anyway, it was more than four.

Awesom, awesome video, though. INTENSE. It was great to see them live with Barlow.

It pisses me off though because it shows that a DVD would have been possible.

Yeah, I don't know why they didn't decide to do a live video release as well. Maybe it was a contract thing. Damn you, Century Media!

Morumbar
04-13-2006, 10:34 AM
After a while Jon Schaffer pronounced the next clip... Then during that song (Queensryche), my computer had to reboot. Was that the end? Or does it continue after that clip?

SilverSpoon
04-13-2006, 10:47 AM
There was a bit more after that, yeah. One more performance video. I forget which one...maybe Watching Over Me.

Stormrider
04-13-2006, 01:11 PM
No it was Pure Evil :D Or was that before...

And James plays with a 5 string...I learned that by ooking at the pictures of the AiA box set...lol

And yeah, Deth, It would have been awsoem to make a video, I don't know why they didn't. It would have been the most awsoem thing ever !

It was great to see them live with Barlow

My thoughts exacly. While watching, I realized how much I envied those people who got a chance to see him/be at that show.

Lord Abortion
04-13-2006, 03:16 PM
Yeah, this is why you should never turn down the chance to see a band...it may be your last.

Stormrider
04-13-2006, 03:20 PM
I wonder if Stoic heard about that show back in 1999....I will seriously cry for ages if I miss my chance to see Iced Earth.

And thanks for that paragraph you wrote on me in the nomintaions thread :)

Oh and, I really <3 my avatar.

Lord Abortion
04-13-2006, 03:26 PM
No worries, man. I meant it.

Stormrider
04-13-2006, 03:29 PM
Now, I feel cheap for the lil shit I wrote :p

Ceminon told me on MSN that he had tickets for an IE show, and it got cancelled :eek: Poor him...Why does that site never get updated ? I'm startign to think Schaffer forgot about it. I would maybe send an email to the webmaster or something...just maybe.

Morumbar
04-14-2006, 02:45 AM
Yeah, first the show got delayed twice, then it got cancelled 'cause of Jon's back problems... If I ever get another chance to see 'em live again, I'll take it. Don't even care about the costs :P

Btw, You can't mail webmaster. I've tried that, to ask if he could put my website under the Links section. The email address is inactive.

Stormrider
04-14-2006, 06:18 AM
Really ? Darn. I had actually considered sending him an email, and ask politely why there hadn't been any updates, or something along those lines.

Well, nevermind that then. We'll just have to wait. I can'y for when I visit that site, and the first post I see is not may 13, 2005 :p

Poofy 666
04-14-2006, 09:57 AM
I remember checking their site (and not knowing how outdated it was) and looking at the Tourdates and pooping myself

...then I saw the dates, and I cried :(

Stormrider
04-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Hehe yeah. I rememeber too. I was looking then went ont he tour page, and then I was !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But then I saw 2004...which puzzled me because were already in 2005, and they had added old dates out of the blue.

I have fun reading the old news and stuff :p

UnknowN Doodl3.2
04-14-2006, 10:27 AM
i want barlow's hair...

Stormrider
04-14-2006, 10:31 AM
Go away you...you

Everytime I see that you posted in here, I could expect something that is irrelevant :p

UnknowN Doodl3.2
04-14-2006, 10:32 AM
Go away you...you

Everytime I see that you posted in here, I could expect something that is irrelevant :p

^^thats irrelevant:smash: :p

seriously dude im an IE noob next to all u guys... i try to keep up...

Stormrider
04-14-2006, 10:35 AM

Yeah, by saying ... I wantz barlow'z hair !!!!11!

sorry about that...im kidding

UnknowN Doodl3.2
04-14-2006, 10:35 AM

Yeah, by saying ... I wantz barlow'z hair !!!!11!

sorry about that...im kidding

hey, as if you dont :)

Stormrider
04-14-2006, 10:36 AM
:upset:

UnknowN Doodl3.2
04-14-2006, 10:37 AM
you gotta admit though i have the best internet iced earth inpersonnation... if only i could find itr somewhere in the 86 pages of this thread...

Stormrider
04-14-2006, 10:39 AM
Yeah, I won't even bother finding that for you :mad:

chugga chugga high pitch scream chugga gallop

Stormrider
04-14-2006, 04:56 PM
Looking at the IE shirts in JSR direct made me realize that I want the Something Wicked and Prophecy shirts. They're so awsome !

http://www.jsrdirect.com/index.asp?Group=ICE

Deth
04-14-2006, 07:31 PM
/has Prophecy shirt \m/

I need to go on a mass shirt spree after my birthday.

Stormrider
04-14-2006, 07:34 PM
Lucky you. I too need to buy a ton of shirts. I've been saying that I wouls order a few for months now, and I havn't done anything yet. :(

I played along to that trilogy again today. I sang along with some parts too :p I was home alone.

SWTWC is getting more listens lately.

Deth
04-14-2006, 08:12 PM
I sing along to songs more than anyone I know, and I'm not a singer.

I'm singing Dance of Death right now.

Stormrider
04-14-2006, 08:14 PM
Except what you don't know is that I was singing along to parts of The Coming Curse.

<.<

>.>

Meh, hitting the right notes, but it sounded kinda weird. The low clean parts, I have OK I would say. I like singing along to stuff like the Forged into the sacred flames part. Very fun.

NP Pagan's Mind - Enigmatic Mission

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqvyaK3DfNE&search=blind%20guardian

That's Pretty cool. Both Hansi and Marcus have Iced Earth shirts. Serioulsy, go along in the BG thread people and watch those videos I posted.

Stormrider
04-15-2006, 02:27 PM
Was listeing to Alive in Athens disc 3 earlier while eating an easter chocolate :), and I didn't remember how high Barlow went at the end of the song Blessed Are You. Like I said before, I have nothing to say thats bad against Barlow's high notes from AiA. It all sounds really good.

Anyone in here have the song Colors live ? I would love to have it :)

I should listen to disc 3 more often..Cast in Stone is awsome.

From the childrens lack....OF SIGHT !

Awsome part right there. I'm going to go play along to some more IE later on. I'm starting to sing along to more stuff. Like i did at a few parts along the Burnt Offerings album when I was playing soem stuff along.

NP Winter Nights

Lord Abortion
04-16-2006, 04:19 AM
Oh that bit is incredible in Blessed, Matt owns that whole song with his spear of vocal joy.

Cast in stone has that great vocal contrast, the whispery "now cast in stone..." then the howling "What once was flesh and bone!"

Morumbar
04-16-2006, 04:56 AM
I could send you Colors live, Stormrider ;) I'll do that on msn sometime.

I don't really like Blessed are You live. I don't really know exactly why :P

Btw, I've just bought Horror Show from Ebay for €5,56. It's fun to collect the albums ^^

I still need DOP and SWTWC original. And the other versions of the older albums. I only have the remasters (except for the self titled. I have both versions of that one).

wrathchild88
04-16-2006, 06:17 AM
I almost bought Horror Show in HMV after an Anthrax concert. But I didn't. Sorry. I only had enough money for 1 CD and I deemed Metal Church - Metal Church to be the rarer of the two.

NP: Vio-Lence - T.D.S. (Take it as you Will)

Lord Abortion
04-16-2006, 06:19 AM
I had Burnt offerings and the ST in my pocket all the way through the Megadeth show last year.

Stormrider
04-16-2006, 07:44 AM
Oh that bit is incredible in Blessed, Matt owns that whole song with his spear of vocal joy.

Yeah, definitely, really good song. The last 5 songs or so from SWTWC have no complaints from me. I keep listeing to that trilogy nowadays. I enjoy singing along to those low clean parts while playing along. Barlow does a great job in there.

Cast in stone has that great vocal contrast, the whispery "now cast in stone..." then the howling "What once was flesh and bone!"

Yeah, that song is pure awsomness. Theres plenty of great parts in it. Better then the original thats for sure. The speed of it live is deadly. It's already fast in the studio but live its hard to keep up. The part where its dun dun...dundundun. HEY ! :p. Thats pretty cool. Then the crazy riff and solo that follows.

I had Burnt offerings and the ST in my pocket all the way through the Megadeth show last year.

heh:p Why is this ?

And yeah thanks a lot Ceminon, I didn't know you had the live version of it. I've been looking for it for a while now, thanks a lot.

Lord Abortion
04-16-2006, 08:42 AM
I went to HMV before the show, and saw them cheap, bought them, and had to stash them in my big jeans pocket through the show.

Thor
04-16-2006, 08:48 AM
Why would you do that?

Stormrider
04-16-2006, 12:04 PM
I went to HMV before the show, and saw them cheap, bought them, and had to stash them in my big jeans pocket through the show.

Oh I see. But but, why would you go to an HMV before a show ? :p

Meh, lucky you didn't get the cases broken I guess...

Anyways, which album gets the most listens from you guys ?

My brother and I were having fun earlier playing some parts of IE songs together...just saying...

NP Nightmares

SilverSpoon
04-16-2006, 05:57 PM
I would just like to say that I am almost in possession of the entire Iced Earth discography, including the Enter the Relm demo, Tribute to the Gods and the Meloncholy E.P.! This is totally kickarse. Enter the Relm is so awesome.

EDIT: And listening to Gene Adams, I think he'd be suited for black metal. He has a good throaty vampirish scream.

ACircuitShock
04-16-2006, 06:07 PM
That's cool SilverSpoon. I own the entire Iced Earth Discography except for Enter the Realm and the other EPs. I would also still like to get the originals of the older ones since all I have are the remasters. But still, it makes me happy to see all those albums on my dresser. The entire Blind Guardian discography is my next goal.

SilverSpoon
04-16-2006, 07:40 PM
Ahaha, I can't stop listening to Enter the Relm! Everything is so unpolished and sometimes it sounds like they recorded onto a cassette tape with a sh*tty mic.

Deth
04-16-2006, 08:08 PM
What songs are on Enter the Realm?

Stormrider
04-16-2006, 09:13 PM
I would just like to say that I am almost in possession of the entire Iced Earth discography, including the Enter the Relm demo, Tribute to the Gods and the Meloncholy E.P.! This is totally kickarse. Enter the Relm is so awesome.

Lucky you, man. I want that demo, except I have a feeling I need to get the box set in order to do so. Where did you find the Melancholy EP ?

Tribute to the Gods I can get in a local store. So I'm missing DoP, Tribute to the Gods, Melancholy EP, Reckoning EP and the 3 originals. All this I plan on getting eventually. If only they were as easy to get here as they are as easy for Ceminon to get where he lives.

Oh and Gettysburg DVD.

Deth, Enter the Realm:

1 - Enter the Realm
2 - Colors
3 - Nightmares
4 - Curse the Sky
5 - Solitude
6 - Iced Earth

Morumbar
04-17-2006, 01:54 AM
I can order them from a mailorder thingy here in Holland :P They have everything here except for the Enter The Realm original and the Limited Melancholy EP.
Whenever I have some spare money, I buy a cd. Or when I order some bandshirts or sumthing like that, I just add a cd to the order.

I just won the Horror Show cd from an auction on eBay ^^
That's one step closer to having all the cd's for just €5,56

Btw, Stormrider, You asked which albums get the most listens... At the moment that would be NOTS for me. The self titled gets more listens too nowadays.

Btw2, I think it's weird that they didn't include Winter Nights on the demo or the self titled... It's a great song. Didn't the DOP include songs from the beginning of IE and from the first two albums?

Lord Abortion
04-17-2006, 05:55 AM
The S/T is very good, it's an album that I got into the non-AIA tracks (Colors, Written on the walls, to curse the sky) very quickly.

SilverSpoon
04-17-2006, 05:55 AM
Haha, I just downloaded everything, I didn't buy them. Thank goodness for bit torrent!

I never knew Written on the Walls turned into Cast in Stone. That was cool, and it was burning my brain until I finally checked Days of Purgatory.

Rattlehead
04-17-2006, 07:41 AM
i have to admit, i downloaded all my iced earth on utorrent, because i was searching for another decent band to listen to. i downloaded their discography to listen to, expecting to delete it all after finding it out to be another lame band, but i was pleasantly suprised.

Morumbar
04-17-2006, 10:18 AM
First I downloaded everything, but there were a few things that I couldn't find anywhere, and I always liked collecting things. Plus, from the top 3 bands I liked, IE was waaaaay more important to me than the other bands (being Sonata Arctica and Bodom).

Now I own almost every album original ^^

Btw, I browsed this online mailorder thingy from Holland this morning. I've ordered lost of stuff there already (they used to sell more IE stuff ^^). Anyway, I couldn't resist ordering DoP... I thought, It's just €18,- for the double cd. I know, I'm terrible... :P I'm spending way too much money lately.

Stormrider
04-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Btw2, I think it's weird that they didn't include Winter Nights on the demo or the self titled... It's a great song. Didn't the DOP include songs from the beginning of IE and from the first two albums?

Same here, I would have expected it to be on there :-/

The S/T is very good, it's an album that I got into the non-AIA tracks (Colors, Written on the walls, to curse the sky) very quickly.

S/T is an awsome album. I remember when I bought it, I didn't know one track off of it. Heh, I always loved it though, Written ont he Walls was I think the frst song off of it that I got obsessed over. Except lately I've been listeing to alot o the Barlow stuff since I listened to those bootlegs :p

And I'm proud to say that I have no IE downloaded...Except for Winter Nights, Nightmares, and live bootleged stuff.

Lord Abortion
04-17-2006, 03:30 PM
Yeah, To curse the sky is an excellent song

ACircuitShock
04-17-2006, 03:31 PM
Ya, I used to have it all downloaded, but now all I have downloaded are those bootlegs. I really want those EPs though....

Oh ya, i think Winter Nights was from when IE was Purgatory, that's why it wasn't on the demos or s/t. I could be wrong though.

Stormrider
04-17-2006, 03:34 PM
Yeah, To curse the sky is an excellent song

Yeah. Gene's best performance IMO.

EYES, LIES, I curse the skies !!

\m/

Rattlehead
04-18-2006, 06:44 AM
what are they doing? touring? studio? im too lazy for a site visit when you guys know whats going on...