PDA

View Full Version : Iced Earth

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Stormrider
03-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Gettysburg just had to be grouped as one. It's never three songs to me anymore. I listen to the whole 32 minutes or I listen to nothing.

This is a good point. I too listen to it as a story, even though HAC does not apeal to me much. Well, it does happen sometines that I might listen to one song or 2.

High Water Mark is the peak of the trilogy and for the album IMO.

Meh, I don't know, it's just seperated...I might change it into one whole thing later, I don't know.

Stormrider
03-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Hmm, I have come to the conclusion that Iced Earth live is harder to keep up with then Stormrider live. There is this one part that is impossible !

Crazy song.

Lord Abortion
03-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Yeah, it's great, so much better than the studio version.

NP-Saonata Arctica-Weballerty(live)

Stormrider
03-08-2006, 05:48 PM
Yes definitely. Barlow is brilliant in that song. Some of the coolest IE riffs right there.

I realy need DoP.

NP Dimmu Borgir - Blessings Upon the Throne of Tyranne

Josh
03-10-2006, 01:39 PM
/bumps as was asked to do.

i'm listening to Night Of The Stormrider for the 2nd time tonight, what an awesome album. the vocalist on this album is as good as Barlow IMO.

Stormrider
03-10-2006, 01:40 PM
Haha, I look like a dictator :p

Whats your favorite song from the album ?

Josh
03-10-2006, 01:42 PM
i haven't decided yet. i'm liking Desert Rain though. i love the bass tone through the whole album as well.

Stormrider
03-10-2006, 01:48 PM
Oh ok. Awsome song.

Sympathy, in my mind, growing cold

Do you own any of their albums ? Or have you borrowed them off someone ?

Josh
03-10-2006, 01:49 PM
i've just borrowed a few of them. they're top of my "bands to actually buy albums by" list though.

We paint the sky with blood tonight, setting free the damned to fight...

Stormrider
03-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Ahh...

/puts on Night of the Stormrider

I hadnt seen the edit of your other post. Greely is a realy good vocalist, Path I Choose, Desert Rain and Travel in Stygian being his best performances IMO...but not as good as Barlow. IMO.

Josh
03-10-2006, 02:01 PM
Ahh...

/puts on Night of the Stormrider

I hadnt seen the edit of your other post. Greely is a realy good vocalist, Path I Choose, Desert Rain and Travel in Stygian being his best performances IMO...but not as good as Barlow. IMO.
although, for people not really into IE, i think that to start with Barlow's tone can be a bit irritating. when i first listened to IE, i didnt like it, but i loved it after hearing AiA.

EDIT: i'm out, later.

Stormrider
03-10-2006, 02:04 PM
although, for people not really into IE, i think that to start with Barlow's tone can be a bit irritating. when i first listened to IE, i didnt like it, but i loved it after hearing AiA.

Barlow's tone never anoyed me. The first Barlow song I heard was Angel's Holocaust I think. And I was not anoyed at all.

What was the song that you first heard with Barlow to think that ?

This is the Path that I Probably my favorite Greely moment. Pure awsomeness right there the way he does it.

NP Path I Choose

Lord Abortion
03-10-2006, 03:23 PM
I like Greely, he was good.

Stormrider
03-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Yeah same here. Many people don't seem to like him though :-/

I've always have liked him.

Darkness
03-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Which would be a better starting album? Something Wicked This Way Comes (heard Coming Curse, awesome) or Horror Show (heard Dracula, awesome)??

Lord Abortion
03-13-2006, 09:21 AM
Something Wicked is better, IMO
I listened to AQOH for my wakeup song today...always puts me in a good mood.

wrathchild88
03-13-2006, 12:37 PM
I had the AiA version of When the Night Falls first thing this morning. I was also in a good mood, until I got to school.

Josh
03-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Barlow's tone never anoyed me. The first Barlow song I heard was Angel's Holocaust I think. And I was not anoyed at all.

What was the song that you first heard with Barlow to think that ?

This is the Path that I Probably my favorite Greely moment. Pure awsomeness right there the way he does it.

NP Path I Choose
first Barlow song? probably whatever's track 1 on Something Wicked. i'm not sure what about his tone of voice i found annoying, but i love it now.

Stormrider
03-13-2006, 01:01 PM
Burning Times :eek:

Barlow makes that song a lot better IMO. Meh whats important is that you like it now :p

For AQOH, my favorite part studio is the My spirit begins to rise part. And live, its the Why won't you let me part at the end. That part gives me goosebumps all over.

I don't know which one I rather between Horror Show or Something Wicked :-/ This needs some thought.

Josh
03-13-2006, 01:03 PM
i love AQOH. i don't know whether i prefer the live version or the album version though, they're both great.

Stormrider
03-13-2006, 01:06 PM
I prefer the live version. But both are awsome.

The end in the studio version doesnt sound as good IMO. The why won't you let me die part.

Thor
03-13-2006, 02:53 PM
A Question of Heaven is one of the songs on Dark Saga I actually liked. I just don't seem to really like the majority of the album as much as everyone else does. Burnt Offerings and Days of Purgatory are by far the best IE albums if you ask me.

Josh
03-13-2006, 02:57 PM
I prefer the live version. But both are awsome.

The end in the studio version doesnt sound as good IMO. The why won't you let me die part.
i think that overall the studio version is more emotional though, especially the part where Schaffer is doing the "I know that i betrayed you" at almost the same time as Barlow. but the "why won't you let me die" and the final scream on the live version are teh secks.

A Question of Heaven is one of the songs on Dark Saga I actually liked. I just don't seem to really like the majority of the album as much as everyone else does. Burnt Offerings and Days of Purgatory are by far the best IE albums if you ask me.
i quite like Dark Saga :(

Lord Abortion
03-13-2006, 02:58 PM
I much prefer SWTWC and TDS than other albums.

Stormrider
03-13-2006, 03:20 PM
The Dark Saga for me...is, well I don't know whow to put it. There are times where I love it, and then there times where I won't listen to it. It has its moments. I still enjoy it. Don't get me wrong. Its a great album, but the other albums come before. Most of the time.

And Josh, the end of the live version is a big reason to why I like it more.

Night of the Stormrider is my favorite. the order of the rest changes at times, but Night of the Stormrider always keeps its place.

I was checking my ratings on Sputnik, and TDS got a 3 on 5. I woud like to give it higher, but im comparing with the other albums that got a 4 for example. And i rather the one with the 4...so It's not because it deserves the 3. It's a 3 considering what the others are.

Stormrider
03-13-2006, 08:35 PM
Over the course of the next few years as I'm putting the big concept album together I will have a lot of learning and practicing to do to get ready for the recording. It will be hard but I love a challenge. I've never had the desire to play percussion or wind instruments in the past but that has definitely changed now. Of course a lot of these sounds will be
atmospheric only and just in a few spots here and there but when telling a
sci-fi/horror story with 12,000 years of human evolution and history in it
I think it's important to have old world elements. Don't worry there will
be plenty of raging guitar and hate filled screams, after all we are
metal!!!
I can tell you that even though the concept album won't be out until
around 2005, it will be worth the wait.

This a rather old part of a post. It copuld be used out of concept though because I just took a part of the paragraph... It could be of use I guess though, even though it was before TGB...Thought it would be interesting to post it in here anyway.

There will be alot of that personal emotion that touches many of you as well, don't worry, but overall this has developed into something different. Don't let different worry you, we won't come out with baggy pants rappin', it ain't gonna happen. This is a very metal record!

This about TGB. I found it funny...lol

Lord Abortion
03-14-2006, 08:16 AM
Hahahaaha.
"around 2005"

Deth
03-14-2006, 10:41 AM
I want news on the album. Now.

Lord Abortion
03-14-2006, 10:52 AM
I want never gets.

Deth
03-14-2006, 10:58 AM
You obviously haven't tried hard enough.

Stormrider
03-14-2006, 12:51 PM
Yay, Deth is posting in this thread again ! and yeah same here, I want news on it too :(

Maybe this was before they planned doing Gettysburg. I mean, it was in 2002. So Jon said the album would be out around 2005, and then he changed his ideas for Sometihng Wicked and shelved the project I guess and out came Gettysburg in 2004...a year before he planned the Something Wicked one.

Just a thought...Hope this made sense.

Stormrider
03-15-2006, 01:07 PM
I've been listeing to TGB a lot lately. Tis a great abum :)

My problem with the album is, SilverSpoon mentioned this before, is the simple song structure. Intro, verse, chorus, verse, bridge, verse, ending chorus. I mean the songs are good, I only wish they were faster at times. One thing I also realized is how fast the double bass is at parts. Like on Red Baron Blue Max. Theres this part where its realy realy fast. I love that song now.

Tim is also growing on me...not that I did not like him before. I can't wait to see how the new stuff will sound.

One more thing, the like a pheonix part in Hollow Man has now become one of my favorite vocal parts by Tim. Its so awsome.

Deth
03-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Your talking about TGB to get me to post in here, I know it! :p

Stormrider
03-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Haha ! I figured you would post but thats not it.

Still, I have been listening to it a lot though. I wanted to post what I think about the album. It makes place for conversation I think and we all know Jammie loves conversation in the IE thread :p

Why don't you post in here anyways ?

Deth
03-15-2006, 06:54 PM
I get bored when it's just lists of favorite songs on the albums. We need new people in here, that's the problem.

What did you think of those Priest songs by the way?

Stormrider
03-15-2006, 06:56 PM
Meh I figured it was that...kind of. New people or no, I still enjoy this place.

Honestly, I havnt unziped them yet :( I'll do that now.

Darkness
03-15-2006, 06:56 PM
We need new people in here, that's the problem.
Hi guys! What is up? I'm picking up Horror Show on the 20th... :D

N.P - Hell Bent for Leather

First REAL listen to these guys... not bad.

Stormrider
03-15-2006, 07:02 PM
Hi guys! What is up? I'm picking up Horror Show on the 20th... :D

N.P - Hell Bent for Leather

First REAL listen to these guys... not bad.

Good Boy :D

You'll love it. there you go Deth, new people :p

NP Death - Painkiller ...this is awsome

Deth
03-15-2006, 07:04 PM
Yeah, that's good. So, I have a new found appreciation for Dragon's Child.

Stormrider
03-15-2006, 07:06 PM
I too love that song a lot. Theres something special about it. Its one of my fav's of the album.

And those who return, can't describe, what they seeeee

SilverSpoon
03-15-2006, 07:17 PM
I've been listeing to TGB a lot lately. Tis a great abum :)

My problem with the album is, SilverSpoon mentioned this before, is the simple song structure. Intro, verse, chorus, verse, bridge, verse, ending chorus. I mean the songs are good, I only wish they were faster at times. One thing I also realized is how fast the double bass is at parts. Like on Red Baron Blue Max. Theres this part where its realy realy fast. I love that song now.

Are you talking about the part where it's like "He sees no faces, the ace of aces..."?

Red Baron/Blue Max also has a crazy solo. I like that it gives you the feeling a dive bomber plane is coming after you. It's those little descending patterns. I love it.

Stormrider
03-15-2006, 07:19 PM
Are you talking about the part where it's like "He sees no faces, the ace of aces..."?

Red Baron/Blue Max also has a crazy solo. I like that it gives you the feeling a dive bomber plane is coming after you. It's those little descending patterns. I love it.

Yes, I think its that part. I wanted to learn that song, but I'm too lazy to always be tuing it down to D...

Must say it again, great album :)

Deth
03-15-2006, 07:22 PM
I hate detuning. It's so annoying.

Stormrider
03-15-2006, 07:25 PM
I'm almost always tune to E flat.

I dont feel like downtuning fgor only one song. But I usdualy don't have a prebolem with changing tunings.

Deth
03-15-2006, 07:34 PM
I'm in standard most of the time, but do drop D to play mostly Porcupine Tree songs.

Darkness
03-15-2006, 07:48 PM
I hate detuning. It's so annoying.
Yeah, me to. I use to use Drop-D alot, but I haven't been playing much Tool latly.. that may change in May though. :)

Deth
03-15-2006, 07:55 PM
Think they may go lower though, with the Meshuggah influence?

Darkness
03-15-2006, 07:58 PM
They have used Drop-B in the past on the odd few songs, but I doubt they'll ever change all the strings. Meshuggah influence just meens more complex poly rhythms, I think.

Stormrider
03-15-2006, 08:15 PM
I'm in standard most of the time, but do drop D to play mostly Porcupine Tree songs.

I go standard to play mostly Opeth.

Meshuggah influence could also mean 8 string guitars. Just kidding.

Lord Abortion
03-16-2006, 04:24 AM

Yeah, I love that part, it's one of the reasons why that's my favourite TGB song.

Thor
03-16-2006, 06:05 AM
Can anyone send me The Glorious Burden? I decided that I want to give it a try.

Stormrider
03-16-2006, 08:55 AM
Red Baron has some of the best riffs of the album IMO.

Anyone else here realy like the bridge In Atilla with the huns and the romans ? I realy love that part. With the riff in the back. Great song.

That and one of the riffs in The Reckoning. The part wheres the fast double bass with it. This isnt realy specific :p Know what part i mean ?

SilverSpoon
03-16-2006, 09:20 AM
I'm almost always tune to E flat.

I dont feel like downtuning fgor only one song. But I usdualy don't have a prebolem with changing tunings.

Well, it is D standard, so it's still do-able in Eb. If you want to play along, if you use Winamp, there's a plug-in for it called Pacemaker. It allows you to change pitch, so then you don't have to downtune or uptune. You just adjust the song itself.

Stormrider
03-16-2006, 01:00 PM
Oh ok. It would work and all...but I don't use Winamp :p

But, its not do-able...If it were E flat and I was in D, then it would. But if it uses an open low E note on D flat tuning,(which would be D) I can't do that in E flat.

Meh, its ok, I'll probably still learn it because there are some cool riffs in the songs. I'm learning Colors now. I have realized that there isn't one bad song on that abum.

SilverSpoon
03-16-2006, 01:52 PM
No, what I meant was that you can still play the song using the same tablature in any "standard" tuning, and it would still sound fine. Like how Metallica plays their old E standard songs in Eb standard when they're live. The entire song would just be shifted a semi-tone lower without you actually having to do anything. Same deal with Eb to D. When you go into dropped D, then that's a different story.

Stormrider
03-16-2006, 02:36 PM
Oh ok. My mistake sorry. I understoodf what you meant, its just that i THoguht the first thing you worte, wasnt related to the Winamp thing...if that makes sense :p

I came to the conclusion that Curse theSky is Gene's best performance.

Eyes, lies, I curse the skies, tell me something, tell me why !!

Stormrider
03-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Hmm, the remaster also has a part missing from When the Nightfalls. The part where its realy fast aglloping and the lil lead thing over thats on AiA, but tooken out of the remaster.

And DoP finishes the song...the remaster its a fade out.

Another reason I woud need to orignals :p

SilverSpoon
03-17-2006, 06:24 PM
It also doesn't have the original intro.

Stormrider
03-17-2006, 06:35 PM
Oh yeah, theres not that Clean intro eh ?

Thats a bummer. its a realy cool intro. It leads in to the heavy part after. Good biuld up.

Darkness
03-17-2006, 07:00 PM
Got Horror Show today... on track 2 now, pretty good so far.

Stormrider
03-17-2006, 07:02 PM
choir chanting, random crap

:p

Deth
03-17-2006, 07:03 PM
That album goes from incredible to mediocre for me. Wolf, Damien and Dracula are among my favorites, but Im-Ho-Tep, Frankenstein and Jack don't do anything for me.

Stormrider
03-17-2006, 07:07 PM
Wolf, Damien, Dragons Child, Dracula and Phantom Opera Ghost make up that album for me.

Oh and Jekyll and Hyde. The rest are good. But are overshadowed by the top 5.

NP Death - Zero Tolerance

Deth
03-17-2006, 07:10 PM
Got more Death?

Stormrider
03-17-2006, 07:11 PM
Yup. Those are from Daven. Nosferatu send me thr album Leprosy :) Its 75 % complete.

Darkness
03-17-2006, 07:16 PM
I'm rather enjoying this album so far.. on Ghost Of Freedom now.

You're ganna want Human by Death, Storm.

Deth
03-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Damn right he is.

Stormrider
03-17-2006, 07:21 PM
Hmm. I will ? :p I'll look into it.

The download is complete.

Good to know your enjoying it Dunkelheit. Wait till you get to DragonChild and Phanmtom Opera Ghost.

NP - Pagan's Mind - Dreamscape Lucidity ....I love this band ! Too bad I only have 4 songs...

Darkness
03-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Damn right he is.
I absolutly lo... nevermind, were in the in Iced Earth thread...

Stormrider
03-17-2006, 07:25 PM
I absolutly lo... nevermind, were in the in Iced Earth thread...

I was about to say that :p

NP Death - Born Dead

Darkness
03-17-2006, 07:51 PM
I uh... don't really care for the female singer in the last song.. damn.

Stormrider
03-17-2006, 07:53 PM
:eek:

But, but...its so awsome. Barlow and that girl give an awsome performance.

:(

Do you liek the song atleast ?

Darkness
03-17-2006, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I'm just not crazy about female singers all the sudden... don't know why.

Stormrider
03-17-2006, 09:42 PM
Oh ok. It goes so well with the song though IMO.

Lord Abortion
03-18-2006, 05:50 AM
Yeah, I like the song, it's just not one of my favourites on HS.

Stormrider
03-18-2006, 06:02 AM
It has some the albums best riffs IMO. Like the acoustic one that then same riff except with distorion.

Meh Ollie, is it because you don't care for the girl vocals ?

Lord Abortion
03-18-2006, 06:06 AM
Well, it's not that, I just haven't got into it.

I do find it difficult to make out though, I listen to a proportion of my music on my mp3 player, and hearing her voice though that is less easy

Stormrider
03-18-2006, 06:21 AM
Well, listen to it the real cd then to make out the voice :p

SilverSpoon
03-18-2006, 06:57 AM
You're all nuts. Phantom Opera Ghost is one of the best on Horror Show, and having the interplay between Eric and Cristine is a great way to tell the story. And then that wouldn't work out so well without the female vocals. Imagine Barlow singing both parts...creepy.

Stormrider
03-18-2006, 07:07 AM
You're all nuts. Phantom Opera Ghost is one of the best on Horror Show, and having the interplay between Eric and Cristine is a great way to tell the story. And then that wouldn't work out so well without the female vocals. Imagine Barlow singing both parts...creepy.

Hey, I'm on your side :mad:

/imagines Barlow singing to parts.

Or even better, imagine Schaffer singing Christines part :p

SilverSpoon
03-18-2006, 08:11 AM
Haha. Oh man, that would be so wrong.

Stormrider
03-20-2006, 08:18 AM
Have any of you thought of sending an email to the webmaster of the IE site to see whats happening the all the lack of news and stuff ?

NP Death - Primitive Ways

superflyjojo
03-23-2006, 01:58 PM
Well I'm not about to stand and let my favorite band's thread die. I will now post my top five favorite Iced Earth songs:
Dante's Inferno
Travel In Stygian
Wolf
The Coming Curse
Diary

NP: Exhorder - Incontinence

wrathchild88
03-23-2006, 02:00 PM
Why did I have to look all the way to page 4 for this thread?!?!

My top 5 songs:
Dante's Inferno
A Question of Heaven
Burnt Offerings
Prophecy
The Phantom Opera Ghost

NP: Megadeth - Into the Lungs of Hell

Stormrider
03-23-2006, 02:21 PM
Thank you kind sirs for bumping this thread :D ! Now it won't always have to be me.

I'll think up of a top 5. I'm having trouble right now :(

Superflyjojo, is Burnt Offerings your favorite IE album ?

superflyjojo
03-23-2006, 02:27 PM
Superflyjojo, is Burnt Offerings your favorite IE album ?

Yes it is with NOTSR as a close second. I just love the raw aggression of Burnt Offerings. It's upsetting that they barely ever play anything off of it live.

NP: Immortal - Sons Of Northern Darkness

Stormrider
03-23-2006, 02:29 PM
I would love to see some of the stuff from BO live.

And as many people in this thread know, NOTSR is my favorite Iced Earth album. And that will probably never change.

We should make a dream setlist later on.

/Deth won't like the idea of another list :p

Rattlehead
03-23-2006, 02:29 PM
SWTWC has to be one of their best albums, after BO. and NOTSR is gr8 too. i love Desert Rain

Stormrider
03-23-2006, 02:32 PM
SWTWC...great album. But the album has a somewhat commercial feel to it if you know what I mean. I don't know how to say it.

I love it. Its a great album , don't get me wrong...but..

superflyjojo
03-23-2006, 02:35 PM
SWTWC has to be one of their best albums, after BO. and NOTSR is gr8 too. i love Desert Rain

I used to love that album, but now I find it to be kind of weak. I still love the SW Trilogy though. And Stormrider, I'm currently thinking of a dream setlist right now, it's kind of hard though lol.

NP: Iced Earth - Winter Nights

Rattlehead
03-23-2006, 02:39 PM
yea, but disciples of the lie is truly brilliant, as is burning times. and melancholy/watching over me/blessed are you are good for a soft touch

Stormrider
03-23-2006, 02:40 PM
I used to love that album, but now I find it to be kind of weak. I still love the SW Trilogy though. And Stormrider, I'm currently thinking of a dream setlist right now, it's kind of hard though lol.

NP: Iced Earth - Winter Nights

Yeah it is hard :p

I wouldnt call the album weak for me. But, I don't know how to explain it my thoughts on Something Wicked. I hate when this happens :-/ Wat I said in my other post is the closest to what I mean..I think. Thats only for some of the songs though. I'm not saying its bad, it has some awsoem songs.

Oh and mind sending me that song :) I don't have DoP

twinky_123@hotmail.com

superflyjojo
03-23-2006, 02:47 PM
Yeah it is hard :p

I wouldnt call the album weak for me. But, I don't know how to explain it my thoughts on Something Wicked. I hate when this happens :-/ Wat I said in my other post is the closest to what I mean..I think. Thats only for some of the songs though. I'm not saying its bad, it has some awsoem songs.

Oh and mind sending me that song :) I don't have DoP

twinky_123@hotmail.com

Want me to send it as an attachment?

Stormrider
03-23-2006, 02:49 PM
Want me to send it as an attachment?

Yeah sure. Attatchment in an email, right ?

superflyjojo
03-23-2006, 03:01 PM
All right I sent it Stormrider.

Okay I have a dream setlist.

I'll list them in the order that they should be played.

Wolf
Last December
Greenface
Angel's Holocaust
Stormrider
The Path I Choose
Burning Times
Prophecy
Birth Of The Wicked
The Coming Curse
Travel In Stygian
Dracula
Desert Rain
Melancholy
Diary
Colors
Scarred
Slave To The Dark
A Question Of Heaven
Dante's Inferno

and...

An Encore of ICED FUCKING EARTH!!!!!!!!!!

That would make me soil my pants with excitement

NP: Iced Earth - Hold At All Costs

Rattlehead
03-23-2006, 03:06 PM
i second that set-list, exept i find greenface a bit boring. but Dante's Inferno is a great ending. theres a riff on iced earth which is insanely fast, i havn't even attempted it.

superflyjojo
03-23-2006, 03:15 PM
i second that set-list, exept i find greenface a bit boring. but Dante's Inferno is a great ending. theres a riff on iced earth which is insanely fast, i havn't even attempted it.

Are you talking about the galloping riff about three minutes into the song? Such an awesome yet challenging riff. I can play it, but it took me awhile to get it up to speed. The AiA version is even faster lol.

NP: Iced Earth - Iced Earth (DoP version)

Lord Abortion
03-23-2006, 03:20 PM
Could someone send me winter nights?
olliethegreat_6@hotmail.co.uk

and Greenface if you could? European versions have it not:(

dream set?

Stormrider
Desert rain
Pure Evil
Dracula
Cast in stone
I died for you
the reaping stone
Last december
Melancholy
Diary
Travel in Stygian
Damien
Atilla
Curse the sky
Blessed are you
The dark saga
Red Baron/Blue max
written on the walls
A question of heaven
Iced Earth

Maybe....

superflyjojo
03-23-2006, 03:27 PM
Could someone send me winter nights?

and Greenface if you could? European versions have it not:(

dream set?

Stormrider
Desert rain
Pure Evil
Dracula
Cast in stone
I died for you
the reaping stone
Last december
Melancholy
Diary
Travel in Stygian
Damien
Atilla
Curse the sky
Blessed are you
The dark saga
Red Baron/Blue max
written on the walls
A question of heaven
Iced Earth

Maybe....

Nice setlist, almost as good as mine lol. I sent you Winter Nights, but I don't currently have Greenface on my PC.

NP: Iced Earth - Angel's Holocaust

Lord Abortion
03-23-2006, 03:29 PM
Ah, fine I can't get it ATM because of my slow net speed, but at the weekend...

I would love them to open with Stormrider, actually.

NP-Desert Rain.

superflyjojo
03-23-2006, 03:31 PM
Ah, fine I can't get it ATM because of my slow net speed, but at the weekend...

I would love them to open with Stormrider, actually.

NP-Desert Rain.

Speaking of Stormrider, does Jon Schaeffer sing the main part of that song on the studio version? I know Greely sings the intro.

Stormrider
03-23-2006, 04:49 PM
Yeah, I think he sings it studio too.

dream set:

Angels Holocaust
Stormrider
Path I Choose
Dracula
Travel in Stygian
Wolf
The Phantom pf the Opera Ghost
Desert Rain
Burnt Offerings
Dantes Inferno
Prophecy
Birth of the Wicked
The Coming Curse
Melancholy
The Reckoning
Slave to the Dark
A Question of Heaven
When the Nightfalls
Cast in Stone
Pure Evil
Dragons Child
Burning Times
Colors
Iced Earth

Screw the 20 song limit..I went 3 songs over board I think :p Theres no order except for the first 2. I didnt pay attnetion to order realy.

So yeah, I think that would be my list. That was realy hard :(

This Winter Nights asong is awsome. Barlow is realy good in this.

superflyjojo
03-23-2006, 05:15 PM
Nice set list Stormrider, I can't believe I forgot about Desert Rain!!!! And Winter Nights is really good, kinda different.

NP: Iced Earth - Travel In Stygian

Stormrider
03-23-2006, 05:28 PM
Go edit it in :p I realized that I have only 2 songs from Dark Saga...

And yeah Winter Nights is realy good. Barlow sounds different at times. But Schaffer helps along too..

wrathchild88
03-24-2006, 10:19 AM
my dream set list: (please bear in mind I only have SWTWC, AiA and BO)

Burnt Offerings
Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
Angels Holocaust
Stormrider
I Died For You
The Phantom Opera Ghost
Diary
The Hunter
Pure Evil
Prophecy
Birth of the Wicked
The Coming Curse
Dracula
When the Night Falls
Dark Saga
Burning Times
---------
Dante's Inferno
A Question of Heaven
Iced Earth

Stormrider
03-24-2006, 12:49 PM
What about Travel in Stygian :(

Get Night of the Stomrider next. Well if you want another album, in which I think you do...

You do have the 3 disc version of AiA eh ?

NP Winter Nights

Come into the sky, see the moonlit night

I love that part. Amongst others..

Rattlehead
03-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Are you talking about the galloping riff about three minutes into the song? Such an awesome yet challenging riff. I can play it, but it took me awhile to get it up to speed. The AiA version is even faster lol.

NP: Iced Earth - Iced Earth (DoP version)

yea, thats the one.

Stormrider
03-24-2006, 04:04 PM
That part is beyond awsomeness ! I could play it :cool:

I can't keep up to thw AiA version. Well this one part.

Rattlehead
03-24-2006, 04:23 PM
as i say i havnt even tried it its so fast. it would certainly take hell of a warm-up. apparently Randy Shawver who was the lead guitarist in the making of Iced Earth is influenced by Steve Harris the iron maiden bassist, and his triple picking riffs. this is supposed to be where riffs like that riff 3 minutes into Iced Earth was inspired/originated.

I dont think there are actually any consistant members of Iced Earth. am i right?

Deth
03-24-2006, 04:27 PM
Not besides Jon.

Stormrider
03-24-2006, 05:27 PM
as i say i havnt even tried it its so fast. it would certainly take hell of a warm-up. apparently Randy Shawver who was the lead guitarist in the making of Iced Earth is influenced by Steve Harris the iron maiden bassist, and his triple picking riffs. this is supposed to be where riffs like that riff 3 minutes into Iced Earth was inspired/originated.

I dont think there are actually any consistant members of Iced Earth. am i right?

Jon was the one who was influenced by Harris for the galloping. Well, I think. As in 99.9% sure... He does most of the song writing. Although, back when Randy was still in the band, he helped along in many of the songs too.

Did Randy only write his solo parts for the songs ?

Rattlehead
03-25-2006, 03:34 AM
oh right cool. um, i have know idea about what Randy wrote.

SilverSpoon
03-25-2006, 06:51 AM
I have a feeling all the lead guitarists just wrote their solos. Other than the reworked Purgatory stuff and a few by Barlow and Tim, Jon does all the writing.

Stormrider
03-25-2006, 06:55 AM
The 4 acoutic passages were the only songs that Jon did not help in the music department for. He only wrote the lyrics.

And the 4 of them are great passages. Abell also helped a lot through out NOTSR and BO.

Rattlehead
03-25-2006, 09:15 AM
i just listened to Violate lol... that is some savage lyrics, lol great song.

Stormrider
03-25-2006, 10:30 AM
What albums do you own enter natman ?

Lord Abortion
03-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Only Jon, is a proper member of IE, and Tim ATM I would say...

SilverSpoon
03-25-2006, 11:10 AM
Everybody is expendable in Iced Earth, except Jon.

That's the only thing I really hate about the band. There seems to be no real relationships between the band members. It really is just a job, and Jon is the employer.

Stormrider
03-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Yeah. No Jon, no Iced Earth.

But I understand what Ollie is saying with Tim being a "proper" member and all I guess...

Rattlehead
03-25-2006, 11:40 AM
What albums do you own enter natman ?
the lot, which is nice! i only have AiA for live albums. you?

Stormrider
03-25-2006, 12:13 PM
the lot, which is nice! i only have AiA for live albums. you?

Well, AiA is the ony live album :p

And the lot, as in all of them ? I own Iced Earth, Night of the Stormrider, Burnt Offerings, Dark Saga, Someyhting Wicked, Horror Show, Glorous Burden and Alive in Athens.

wrathchild88
03-25-2006, 12:15 PM
What about Travel in Stygian :(

Get Night of the Stomrider next. Well if you want another album, in which I think you do...

You do have the 3 disc version of AiA eh ?

NP Winter Nights

Come into the sky, see the moonlit night

I love that part. Amongst others..
Travel in Stygian was next on my list, i swear! I think there should be some room for covers as well. Probably an Iron Maiden song would fit perfectly.
Yea I got the 3 disc version. I was planning on getting NOTSR next anyway, because amazon.co.uk don't have any of the Dark Saga (or a lot of other albums I want).

NP: Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills

Stormrider
03-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Travel in Stygian was next on my list, i swear! I think there should be some room for covers as well. Probably an Iron Maiden song would fit perfectly.
Yea I got the 3 disc version. I was planning on getting NOTSR next anyway, because amazon.co.uk don't have any of the Dark Saga (or a lot of other albums I want).

NP: Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills

Ah ok. Cool. Even if the other albums were there, Get NOTSR anyways :p

I havnt heard any of the covers. I saw Tribute to the Gods in stores a few times, never picked it up though.

wrathchild88
03-25-2006, 12:23 PM
I'm lucky if i see an IE CD in shops in the UK!

Rattlehead
03-25-2006, 12:25 PM
Well, AiA is the ony live album :p

And the lot, as in all of them ? I own Iced Earth, Night of the Stormrider, Burnt Offerings, Dark Saga, Someyhting Wicked, Horror Show, Glorous Burden and Alive in Athens.

i'd have thought they'd have done more live stuff.

but yeah i've got AiA, BO, DoP, EtR, Gettysburg, HS,IE, NotSR, SWTWC, TDS, TGB, TM E.P., and Tribute To The Gods. TTTG is a great cover album, they do ACDC and Iron Maiden so well.

Deth
03-25-2006, 12:29 PM
I want to hear the Screaming for Vengeance cover, because I'm one of the biggest Priest fanboys here.

Stormrider
03-25-2006, 12:30 PM
I'm lucky if i see an IE CD in shops in the UK!

Ahh that sucks. I've seen every IE CD in a store. S/T and BO only once though. Was the time I bought them.

And thats cool Enter natman. Which is your favorite ?

Rattlehead
03-25-2006, 12:35 PM
I did like SWTWC most, but less so now. NOTSR is a brilliant album, probs my favourite. obviously Iced Earth is iconic, but i only like half the songs on it. BO owns, too. i HATE choosing favourites! lol i can never give a straight answer; sorry for my indecisiveness. :)

Rattlehead
03-25-2006, 12:37 PM
I want to hear the Screaming for Vengeance cover, because I'm one of the biggest Priest fanboys here.
that's a really good one, they are such a good band for covering. Number of the Beast and Highway to Hell are done so well. and with a heavy metal touch, which is very interesting to hear with ACDC.:thumb:

Stormrider
03-25-2006, 12:38 PM
I did like SWTWC most, but less so now. NOTSR is a brilliant album, probs my favourite. obviously Iced Earth is iconic, but i only like half the songs on it. BO owns, too. i HATE choosing favourites! lol i can never give a straight answer; sorry for my indecisiveness. :)

Iced Earth is a very good album. The vocals bring it down. If Greely or Barlow were singing, imagine how much of a kck *** album it would have been :eek:

I'm saying Grely or Barlow because, well, Greely did come before Barlow...know what I mean ?

Rattlehead
03-25-2006, 12:45 PM
dunno about either of them lol.

Stormrider
03-25-2006, 12:52 PM
You don't know who Mathew Barlow is :eek:

Greely is the singer for NOTSR. Damn great singer. And Barlow is Burnt Offerings to Tribute to the Gods. He's the man. God. :p

Sorry, I sound angry

Rattlehead
03-25-2006, 01:18 PM
so Barlow is the majority-man?

Stormrider
03-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Well, he's the majority man for good a reason if you ask me.

Although, even though I like Barlow more then Greely, Greely is underrated.

Rattlehead
03-25-2006, 01:44 PM
i just listened to the whole of Tribute again lol

Stormrider could you help me bump the Testament thread, i dont want it to die:upset: lol

Stormrider
03-25-2006, 02:35 PM
I am ze master at keeping threads alive :cool: :p

Its only on the second page, don't worry about that for now.

Rattlehead
03-25-2006, 02:38 PM
cool i'll take your word for it

Deth
03-25-2006, 07:23 PM
I am ze master at keeping threads alive :cool: :p

Its only on the second page, don't worry about that for now.
Along with master of double posting, lists and random musings on how you like a song :p.

Stormrider
03-25-2006, 09:32 PM
Along with master of double posting, lists and random musings on how you like a song :p.

Well, the double posting goes with the keeping the thread alive.. Lists are also part of keeping them alive, most of the time, and I just enjoy making lists and asing other people to make some too.... And once again, most of the time, so is the random bits on how I like a song. Sometimes, its just because I feel like saying it and express what I think of a song and stuff. heh.

But, I think it bothers you though :-/

superflyjojo
03-25-2006, 10:21 PM
Am I the only person that doesn't like Reaping Stone or Dragon's Child? I just don't think Reaping STone fits with any other IE song, and Dragon's Child is very unexciting. Everyone I talk to though seems to think those songs are awesome.

NP: Iced Earth - The Reckoning

Rattlehead
03-26-2006, 05:24 AM
you're right, reaping stone is an odd one, and it sounds like it should be on Tribute to the Gods. however, it is a great song nonetheless.

SilverSpoon
03-26-2006, 05:36 AM
Am I the only person that doesn't like Reaping Stone or Dragon's Child? I just don't think Reaping STone fits with any other IE song, and Dragon's Child is very unexciting. Everyone I talk to though seems to think those songs are awesome.

NP: Iced Earth - The Reckoning

I'm not too fond of Reaping Stone, but it's not a bad song. Dragon's Child I used to not like very much, but somehow after buying Horrow Show I liked it. It's a nice, simple song.

And I would just like to say that at the Dream Theater show last week, they showed a picture of Tim Owens on the big screen for some reason during one of the songs (it was a montage of different images, and Tim was one of them). That was weird and unexpected.

Stormrider
03-26-2006, 06:50 AM
enter natman, why should it be on Tribute to the Gods ? Thats a tribute album.

I love Dragon's Child. Like SilverSpoon said, its a simple song, but I realy like Barlow in it. Those who return, can't describe, what they seeeeeeee

And Reaping Stone is a good song. Its got some cool riffs. But once again, Barlow makes it better IMO.

Rattlehead
03-26-2006, 06:59 AM
i know, its just it doesn't sound like classic IE, and so one might assume that it is a cover. i like reaping stone, its different.:thumb:

Stormrider
03-26-2006, 11:27 AM
Guys, go on the official site. And you'l see a little IE symbol in black and blue where you type the address. It's only been there since yesterday or this morning for me...dont remember.

Was it there with you guys before ?

Rattlehead
03-26-2006, 11:57 AM
no, must be new, that's cool.

SilverSpoon
03-26-2006, 04:03 PM
Well, now we know someone has been working on the site somewhat.

I just wish there would be news about something. Anything! Even just a band board message from Jon saying "I'm still alive!"

Deth
03-26-2006, 07:26 PM
Well, the double posting goes with the keeping the thread alive.. Lists are also part of keeping them alive, most of the time, and I just enjoy making lists and asing other people to make some too.... And once again, most of the time, so is the random bits on how I like a song. Sometimes, its just because I feel like saying it and express what I think of a song and stuff. heh.

But, I think it bothers you though :-/
Lists just get old really quickly, and no posts for a day or so doesn't mean a thread is dead.

Still love ya Jammie.

Stormrider
03-26-2006, 08:08 PM
Well, now we know someone has been working on the site somewhat.

I just wish there would be news about something. Anything! Even just a band board message from Jon saying "I'm still alive!"

Yeah good point. When I saw that, I got this lil giddy feeling that the site had an update..but, there was none :(

Lists just get old really quickly, and no posts for a day or so doesn't mean a thread is dead.

Still love ya Jammie.

Meh. I like lists. And no conversation in here for 2 days makes me sad :p

EDIT: Did I mention that Winter Nights has been getting a shit load of listens lately ?

Rattlehead
03-27-2006, 12:57 AM
what is the order of their album's? and how long ago was the latest one?
and finally, any news on a new one?

wrathchild88
03-27-2006, 06:20 AM
Iced Earth (1990)
Night of the Stormrider (1991)
Burnt Offerings (1995)
The Dark Saga (1996)
Days of Purgatory (1997)
Something Wicked This Way Comes (1998)
Alive in Athens (live, 1999)
Horror Show (2001)
The Glorious Burden (2004)

There is news on a new one (or two) that may have release next year within 6 months of each other, with a huge tour following their release.
I think stormrider has a link to a Jon Schaffer interview somewhere in this thread talking about the new albums.

Rattlehead
03-27-2006, 08:13 AM
cheers.

Lord Abortion
03-27-2006, 09:58 AM
I like winter Nights.

Rattlehead
03-27-2006, 10:23 AM
what album is WN on? i thought i had them all:(... ive heard it on AIA, its great :)

Lord Abortion
03-27-2006, 10:26 AM
It's on Days of purgatory, that's why I just got it, someone sent me it.

Greenface sending to me anyone?
please?

Rattlehead
03-27-2006, 10:34 AM
but which album was it on originally? DOP is a bestof isn't it?

i find Greenface a bit boring, but ill send if u gimme an email ad.

Lord Abortion
03-27-2006, 10:37 AM
It was an original for that.
DOP isn't quite a best of, it's all the first three albums redone with Matt.

thanks, it's just the european version of TGB doesn't have it.

Rattlehead
03-27-2006, 10:52 AM
i see.

and sorry mate, but msn is being irritating. "error on page" & what not. won't let me send.

Stormrider
03-27-2006, 01:14 PM
I think stormrider has a link to a Jon Schaffer interview somewhere in this thread talking about the new albums.

I have a link to pretty much anything Iced Earth related :p heh, almost. That Link I had was from a lonnng time ago though. It was SilverSpoon who posted an interview. You could ask him.

I like Greenface. Can anybody send me Waterloo ?

twinky_123@hotmail.com

And finally, I was listeing to disc 2 today of AiA :)

NP Stormrider

UnknowN Doodl3.2
03-27-2006, 04:02 PM
back problems > Jon Schaffer

Stormrider
03-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Go away noob :p

UnknowN Doodl3.2
03-27-2006, 04:03 PM
keep it up lil brother

Stormrider
03-27-2006, 06:33 PM
My dad has AQOH on his computer \m/ along with a few others.

Litening to it with him right now with him.

My spirits begins to rise, into the heavenly skies, just to be shun away by youuu. Now all i want is to die, the streets are cold in the sky, and I wash my hands of youuuuuuuuuuuuu

I think im going to learn that whole album.

superflyjojo
03-27-2006, 10:06 PM
AQOH is awesome. The Dark Saga is an extremely underrated album. I love Winter Nights, that Bridge/Chorus part is just so damn catchy.

Rattlehead
03-28-2006, 02:38 AM
the whole of DOP is amazing, the raging gallopping riffs and pounding double bass is mezmerizing.

Stormrider
03-28-2006, 05:02 AM
AQOH is awesome. The Dark Saga is an extremely underrated album. I love Winter Nights, that Bridge/Chorus part is just so damn catchy.

Yeah definitely. I wonder how the 2 other demo songs sound like...

Dark Saga I enjoy in doses.

the whole of DOP is amazing, the raging gallopping riffs and pounding double bass is mezmerizing.

Yeah, but its basicly the older songs redone with Barlow and put into 2 albums...as said Ollie a few posts up.

Rattlehead
03-28-2006, 06:14 AM
Yeah, but its basicly the older songs redone with Barlow and put into 2 albums...as said Ollie a few posts up.
yea yea it just seemed easier to say that rather than saying the albums indiviually.and it's better with Barlow.

wrathchild88
03-28-2006, 08:45 AM
I just felt like I should post in this thread while listening to Dracula.

The drummer thread got me thinking who do you think was the best IE drummer? (I know theres quite a few to choose from!)
My favourites would be Rodney Beasley (Burnt Offerings) and Brent Smedley (AiA)

Lord Abortion
03-28-2006, 09:21 AM
Josh and I had an IE compilation CD on in the common room at school today...it was kickarse.

Rattlehead
03-28-2006, 12:10 PM
i said before that i daren't even try the gallop-riff in the middle of IE, but i did this morning, and i've just about got the hang of it:D:cool: ...i now have more faith in myself.

Stormrider
03-28-2006, 01:00 PM
I love playing IE songs. I know a shit load of them too :p

Josh and I had an IE compilation CD on in the common room at school today...it was kickarse.

I listened to Night of the Stormrider today to go to school and back :cool: I just have to say again how good the Path I Choose chorus is. Gotta be one of my favorites. Greely is definitely underrated.

My favorite IE drummer is probably Christy. Bot too sure though...

Lord Sabbath
03-28-2006, 01:45 PM
the best IE drummer's got to be the BO drummer. he was amazing. check out Diary for incedible drumming.

Stormrider
03-28-2006, 02:52 PM
Welcome to teh forums :)

I'm no drummer, so correct me if I'm wrong, but the double bass in Night of the Stormrider, while not being that fast, is ...hmm, confusing I guess. Like take Stormrider for example, during the verses, theres the regular drum beat, then theres a double bass gallop out of no where. And they dont seem to follow and specific pattern either.

Well, many IE songs are like that come to think of it.

And yes Diary, has realy good drumming.

Deth
03-28-2006, 07:19 PM
Christy owns everything.

Stormrider
03-28-2006, 07:23 PM
Is galloping harder then fasts 16ths on double bass ?

Deth
03-28-2006, 07:24 PM
I would guess so. You would have to be a lot tighter. This is assuming we're going really quickly though.

Stormrider
03-28-2006, 07:27 PM
Christy on Phantom Opera Ghost comes to mind :)

My drummer is currently learning Stormrider. And says the double bass random gallops are confusing.

Darkness
03-28-2006, 07:32 PM
If Christy is the one that plays on Horror Show, he's a great drummer. Nothing amazing, but I really like the drums in Dracula.

Stormrider
03-28-2006, 08:01 PM
My favorite drumming on Horror Show is from Wolf and Phantom Opera Ghost. Those are the ones that come to mind right now.

Theres also soem great drumming by him on TGB.

SilverSpoon
03-28-2006, 08:27 PM
I just felt like I should post in this thread while listening to Dracula.

The drummer thread got me thinking who do you think was the best IE drummer? (I know theres quite a few to choose from!)
My favourites would be Rodney Beasley (Burnt Offerings) and Brent Smedley (AiA)

Bobby Jarzombek for the win.

I know he just joined last year and was only heard live, and I'm sure most of us haven't heard him play IE stuff, but he's still way better than all the others. He sounds tighter than Christy, judging by other stuff he's done.

Stormrider
03-28-2006, 08:32 PM
I never heard him play :(

Was it still Christy that was with the band when you saw them live, SilverSpoon ?

There was something about Schaffer saying that the drums from BO were realy weird....I'll try to find the link and post it on here. I remeber not realy knowing exacly what he meant, so maybe one fo you guys could help me out.

SilverSpoon
03-28-2006, 08:38 PM
He was on Touched By the Crimson King. And yeah, Mr. Christy (roflcakes, cookies) was still there back in early 2004 when I saw them.

The recording of the drums was the problem on BO. He and Morris had to use "every engineering trick in the book" to get it to sound right. Just a bad production.

Stormrider
03-28-2006, 08:43 PM

Oh I see. I have yet to pick up any of the 2 D&W albums. I should be ashamed.

I can't wait to see them live.

And about the BO thing. Bad production reminds me, theres this guy I talk to on the Abysslord forum of Iced Earth, Where he lives in Europe, dont remember where, he can easily get a copy of the orginal S/T, NOSTR and BO. Lucky guy.

Stormrider
03-29-2006, 01:58 PM
Someone just sent me Nightmares. Listeing to it now, and I rather Winter Nights.

Anybody want me to send them the song ?

Sorry for double post...

Morumbar
03-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new here, I'll make my first post in the Iced Earth topic. Let me give my opinion here:

Iced Earth is the best band on the entire face of the earth. Period.

Stormrider
03-29-2006, 02:16 PM
Nice to see you registered :)

Now come here very often, and help me with the thread :p

NP Path I Choose

Poofy 666
03-29-2006, 02:23 PM
I just finished listening to Horror Show. Damn good CD.

NP: Angels Holocaust

Morumbar
03-29-2006, 02:24 PM
I haven't heard too much from bobby jarzombek yet, though i think he's an awesome drummer. i think the snare sounds strange though on touched by the crimson king

Stormrider
03-29-2006, 02:28 PM
I just finished listening to Horror Show. Damn good CD.

NP: Angels Holocaust

Yeah I was listening to it today going to school and back. I'm stuck on Dragon's Child lately.

And yes Great album.

To be honest, I don't remember what songs I heard from Touched by a Crimson King... :(

Rattlehead
03-29-2006, 02:32 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new here, I'll make my first post in the Iced Earth topic. Let me give my opinion here:

Iced Earth is the best band on the entire face of the earth. Period.
not quite mine, but close enough! they own.

welcome.:wave:

i'm liking your subtitle there. now make your next post in the Testament thread.\m/ but don't stop on this one, obviously.

Poofy 666
03-29-2006, 02:36 PM
Yeah I was listening to it today going to school and back. I'm stuck on Dragon's Child lately.

And yes Great album.

To be honest, I don't remember what songs I heard from Touched by a Crimson King... :(
I've been listening to alot of Transylvania (sp?) and Phantom of the Opera Ghost.

NP: Path I Choose [Live]

Morumbar
03-29-2006, 02:36 PM

And yes Great album.

It's a nice cd, and instrumentally it's good, but lyrically it's a bit fairytale-like :p

NP: Brainwashed (live)

Stormrider
03-29-2006, 02:39 PM
It's a nice cd, and instrumentally it's good, but lyrically it's a bit fairytale-like :p

NP: Brainwashed (live)

Meh, the album is based on the Characters story though...

I've been listening to alot of Transylvania (sp?) and Phantom of the Opera Ghost.

NP: Path I Choose [Live]

I always skip Transylvannia :-/ for some reason. But Phatom Opera Ghost owns hard.

Path I Choose studio > Path I Choose live ...well the chorus atleast

Morumbar
03-29-2006, 02:43 PM
Meh, the album is based on the Characters story though...

I always skip Transylvannia :-/ for some reason. But Phatom Opera Ghost owns hard.

Path I Choose studio > Path I Choose live ...well the chorus atleast

Phantom Opera Ghost is a masterpiece. I also like Damien, Jack, Jackyl&Hyde and Dracula.

NP: Travel In Stygian (live)

Stormrider
03-29-2006, 02:46 PM
My favorites from the album at the moment are, Wolf, Damien, Jekyll and Hyde, Dragons Child, Dracula and Phantom Opera Ghost.

SilverSpoon
03-29-2006, 04:54 PM
I always skip Transylvannia :-/ for some reason.

Transylvania is the absolute perfect song to have on Horrow Show. First of all, it keeps with the horror theme. Second, Iron Maiden is a heavy influence on the band. Third, it's Iced Earth playing Iron Maiden. That's like...whoa...O_O

Stormrider
03-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Transylvania is the absolute perfect song to have on Horrow Show. First of all, it keeps with the horror theme. Second, Iron Maiden is a heavy influence on the band. Third, it's Iced Earth playing Iron Maiden. That's like...whoa...O_O

I'm not saying its out of place or anything like that. But, I don't know...

I should start to not skip it :-/

And, thats actualy the only Iron Maiden cover I've heard Iced Earth do. But I can't compare with the original, because I've never heard it.

Darkness
03-29-2006, 05:52 PM
I think my favorite on Horror Show is becoming Damien. I love the chorus... and the intro... it's all so good.

superflyjojo
03-29-2006, 06:41 PM
Horror Show is a great album, it was my first IE album. My favorite song on that album is always changing between Dracula and Wolf. I also like The Phantom Opera Ghost, Damien, and Jekyll and Hyde.

NP: Dream Evil - Made Of Metal

Stormrider
03-29-2006, 07:00 PM
My favorite song off the album is either Dracula or Phantom Opera Ghost.

And Yeah Dunkelheit, that chorus is awsome. I also realy like the pre chorus. With that awsome riff and Barlow screaming :)

And, Jeckyll and Hyde too is a great song. I realy like the No you can't have me part

Deth
03-29-2006, 07:07 PM
Whoa. IE's version of Transylvania comes up on shuffle as I read this page. Sweet.

Stormrider
03-29-2006, 07:11 PM
You see ? That there is a message from THE THREAD.

Good things will hapen when you come in here.

Deth
03-29-2006, 07:13 PM
Apparently.

I <3 shuffle.

Stormrider
03-29-2006, 07:16 PM
No dont heart shuffle...

<3 THE THREAD

Or me.

OK I'll leave you be now.

Poofy 666
03-29-2006, 08:23 PM
I think my favorite on Horror Show is becoming Damien. I love the chorus... and the intro... it's all so good.
The spoken interlude is teh secks

Stormrider
03-30-2006, 05:04 AM
Yeah. The verses are awsome too.

I embrace the hounds of hellll ......Beyond awsomness.

Why do poeple say this song is hard to get into ? I loved it the first time I heard it.

Lord Abortion
03-30-2006, 01:27 PM
Damien is excellent.
Horror show is possibly one of IE's hardest albums to get into, but very much worth it.

Darkness
03-30-2006, 02:13 PM
Damien is excellent.
Horror show is possibly one of IE's hardest albums to get into, but very much worth it.
Really? I was into it on first listen.

ACircuitShock
03-30-2006, 02:47 PM
Really? I was into it on first listen.

So was I, it was the first IE album I heard and i was into it from the first song, but it was Damien that really got me.

NP: Desert Rain

Stormrider
03-30-2006, 02:53 PM
I too liked it the first listen. The only songs I knew from it were Damien, Dracula and Dragons Child. Great album.

My first IE albums were Night of the Stormrider and TGB. TGB wasnt getting all that many listens at the time because of NOTSR...

The hardest IE album to get into was probably Dark Saga for me.

Burnt Offerings I wasnt all that great on at first, but I was denying it, and listened to it a lot. It shined slowly after and now its awsome too.

ACircuitShock
03-30-2006, 02:56 PM
Stormrider is definitley one of my favorite IE albums.

Stormrider
03-30-2006, 03:03 PM
It is my favorite IE album :p

So great...Horrow Show lately is creeping its way up in second place though I wouls day. Burnt Offerings always stays second or third pretty much. Its unfortunate that the self titled has bad vocals, because it would have been such a kick *** album with Barlow or Greely. But its still an album i enjoy a lot.

Lionheart1827
03-31-2006, 02:09 AM
Burnt Offerings is one of my favorite songs by Iced Earth. Its got a bunch of different feelings to it.:thumb:

Stormrider
03-31-2006, 05:04 AM
Yeah, its not a song that seems to get talked much around here. :-/

The first song I heard from Burnt Offerings. Its such an awsome song. It would have been really cool if they had played it at AiA.

I love every single part of that song, the clean interlude comes to mind. I <3 it.

-The Frank
03-31-2006, 07:57 AM
Can anyone reccomend some "The Ripper" songs?

Morumbar
03-31-2006, 08:53 AM
Can anyone reccomend some "The Ripper" songs?

You mean songs sung by Tim 'the ripper' Owens, or songs about Jack the Ripper? :p

I'll give you both:

Songs sung by Tim 'the ripper' Owens:
- Attilla
- Declaration Day
- Devil To Pay, Hold At All Costs, High Water Mark

Songs about Jack the Ripper:
- Jack
- The Ripper (Judas Priest cover)

-The Frank
03-31-2006, 08:55 AM
Sung by tim please :)

Stormrider
03-31-2006, 01:34 PM
And The Reckoning. He does a good job on the whole album though.

superflyjojo
03-31-2006, 01:50 PM
I'm really hoping for a tour soon. If they don't hurry up and start this album I think I might go insane. I was listening to Burning Oasis the other day and realized it was more awesome than I thought.

NP: Children Of Bodom - Touch Like An Angel Of Death

Stormrider
03-31-2006, 01:52 PM
I'm really hoping for a tour soon. If they don't hurry up and start this album I think I might go insane. I was listening to Burning Oasis the other day and realized it was more awesome than I thought.

NP: Children Of Bodom - Touch Like An Angel Of Death

Its one of the weakest on Burnt Offerings IMO. I realy the Presit of the Fire part though...thats awsome. I'de need to listen to it more.

And I need new Iced Earth. And a tour :p

Hows that EP going with your Dracula cover on it ?

superflyjojo
03-31-2006, 01:58 PM
Its one of the weakest on Burnt Offerings IMO. I realy the Presit of the Fire part though...thats awsome. I'de need to listen to it more.

And I need new Iced Earth. And a tour :p

Hows that EP going with your Dracula cover on it ?

Not so well lol. We currently lack the funds to record, and our bass player is on vaction in Ireland. As soon as we get this recorded though, I'll post it up. I want to get this song recorded so bad lol.

Stormrider
03-31-2006, 02:02 PM
Oh ok. I dont mean any impatience or anything...Sorry.

Good luck with it though. Can't wait to here it :)

I'm currently at The Last Laugh in my journey of learning The Dark Saga.

Morumbar
03-31-2006, 03:05 PM
Oh ok. I dont mean any impatience or anything...Sorry.

Good luck with it though. Can't wait to here it :)

I'm currently at The Last Laugh in my journey of learning The Dark Saga.

The lyrics or the guitar tabs?

Stormrider
03-31-2006, 03:12 PM
The guitars :)

Lyrics i dont have trouble remembering most of the time...I think.

wrathchild88
03-31-2006, 03:27 PM
I wish I had the patience and memory to learn a lot of Iced Earth songs. Plus I can't be bothered to tune to Eb. The only song I've actually learnt to play the whole way through (including the solo!) is Stand Alone. I'm kinda disappointed in myself for that.

NP: Stormtroopers of Death - Speak English or Die!

Stormrider
03-31-2006, 04:14 PM
Meh, I'm always tuned to Eb.

I havnt learned many of the solos though. I learned some lead parts here and there. The only solos I realy want to learn are the 2 from Curse the Sky, but I cant find the tab anywhere, and the one from Written on the Walls, which is one of my favorites IE solo...especaily the harmoney section of the solo. I just got lazy with that one though....I should learn it...

Morumbar
04-01-2006, 04:06 AM
I started listening more to Horror Show again lately and it's actualy better then I thought to remember ^^

Especially Damien, Jack, Jackyl & Hyde, Dracula and Phantom Opera Ghost. And the solo in Jackyl & Hyde :|

NP: Jackyl & Hyde

-The Frank
04-01-2006, 04:11 AM
You mean songs sung by Tim 'the ripper' Owens, or songs about Jack the Ripper? :p

I'll give you both:

Songs sung by Tim 'the ripper' Owens:
- Attilla
- Declaration Day
- Devil To Pay, Hold At All Costs, High Water Mark

Songs about Jack the Ripper:
- Jack
- The Ripper (Judas Priest cover)

Cool, ill check those out, thanks.

Morumbar
04-01-2006, 04:14 AM
It's also been al while since I last listened to NOTS. Now I remember why it was my favorite album ^^

j05h_ab3l5_pp1_h8_m3
04-01-2006, 10:11 AM
The Dark Saga:thumb:

Rattlehead
04-01-2006, 10:48 AM
irritating post, but true. but then its nothing to BO.

j05h_ab3l5_pp1_h8_m3
04-01-2006, 10:52 AM
burt offerings are you ..... nevermind ........ the only good song on that is Dante's inferno ................ wtf ?????????

Rattlehead
04-01-2006, 11:09 AM
in your opinion. "wtf", you ask? well wtf i answer. BO is filled with crushing speed that is iconic for IE.

and i'm getting quite irritated by your insistance upon confronting peoples opinions. you've done it on other threads aswell. think yourself lucky that the "report bad post" function is disabled.

Lord Abortion
04-01-2006, 11:20 AM
in your opinion. "wtf", you ask? well wtf i answer. BO is filled with crushing speed that is iconic for IE.

and i'm getting quite irritated by your insistance upon confronting peoples opinions. you've done it on other threads aswell. think yourself lucky that the "report bad post" function is disabled.
Has he never heard Last december...I pity him, really I do.

Oh, Natman?
Did you get nominated for NRMOTM?

just asking...:)

Rattlehead
04-01-2006, 11:22 AM
not that i know of. what is NRMOTM?

Josh
04-01-2006, 11:22 AM
Burnt Offerings is great. i've been getting into Last December a lot lately.
but, Dark Saga does have I Died For You and A Question of Heaven on it, which are 2 of my favourite IE songs.
SWTWC is possibly my favourite studio album though - Burning Times, Melancholy, Consequences, Watching Over Me, Blessed Are You...

Has he never heard Last december...I pity him, really I do.

Oh, Natman?
Did you get nominated for NRMOTM?

just asking...:)
out by a year there Ollie...

Rattlehead
04-01-2006, 11:24 AM
yeah i love those SWTWC songs, they own. all of them.Dark Saga isn't amazing, i like though.:thumb:

Lord Abortion, what is NRMOTM?

Lord Abortion
04-01-2006, 11:28 AM
It's New Rock and Metaller of the month...it's a competition we have here that recognises good posting by newcomers.It's a spinoff to the normal RMOTM competitiion...
I didn't realise your account was older, because you only started posting properly a few weeks ago, I thought that your posting has improved so much over the past couple of weeks, that I would vote for you, but since you aren't technically new I couldn't.

Just to let you know your improvement hasn't gone unnoticed though, keep up the good work, man.

Poofy 666
04-01-2006, 11:29 AM
yeah i love those SWTWC songs, they own. all of them.Dark Saga isn't amazing, i like though.:thumb:

Lord Abortion, what is NRMOTM?
n00bie of the Month

EDIT: beaten

Rattlehead
04-01-2006, 11:32 AM
n00bie of the Month

EDIT: beaten
dont be an a*shole.

Rattlehead
04-01-2006, 11:36 AM
It's New Rock and Metaller of the month...it's a competition we have here that recognises good posting by newcomers.It's a spinoff to the normal RMOTM competitiion...
I didn't realise your account was older, because you only started posting properly a few weeks ago, I thought that your posting has improved so much over the past couple of weeks, that I would vote for you, but since you aren't technically new I couldn't.

Just to let you know your improvement hasn't gone unnoticed though, keep up the good work, man.
cheers, man, that's real nice to hear. i was quite arrogant when i first made my account, and did alot of posting similar to that of that jo5h bloke. when i was flamed as he is currently being i left MX for a while and now im really enjoying it... he'll learn too. but thanks for saying. i should have made a new account when i started posting again, im not to happy with my name. im less of a tallica fanatic nowadays. not that i've lost my love for them.

Lord Abortion
04-01-2006, 11:50 AM
Yeah, it's all good.

Poofy 666
04-01-2006, 02:18 PM
dont be an a*shole.
How am I being an asshole? Whatever.

Am I the only one who notices that the Iced Earth Website hasn't been updated in a LONG time?

Rattlehead
04-01-2006, 03:40 PM
sorry about that.
yea, except for the icon in the adress bar. that's new.

Morumbar
04-02-2006, 03:29 AM
My favorite album is NOTS, no doubt about that.

Then there comes:
- SWTWC
- Horror Show
- Burnt Offerings
- TGB
- Self Titled (If it weren't for the crappy vocals, I'd put it as the second or third best album)
- The Dark Saga

Morumbar
04-02-2006, 03:35 AM
How am I being an asshole? Whatever.

Am I the only one who notices that the Iced Earth Website hasn't been updated in a LONG time?

No, I've noticed it too ;) But I've heard that Jon is working on an album that follows the Something Wicked storyline. Sounds cool eh?... :p

Stormrider
04-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Poofy, everyone in here is just dieing for an update :p I can't wait for the new albums.

Dante's Inferno is realy not the only good song on BO, where does this guy come from ?

yea, except for the icon in the adress bar. that's new.

Yeah, its pretty cool too. And you know if you don't like your username, you could always get it changed in the site forum. :)

...Melancholy and The Coming Curse are my favorite songs off Something Wicked. I think....

EDIT: 500th post in the thread :eek:

Meh, I keep editing this post....

Stormrider
04-02-2006, 08:19 PM
So, I forgot to say this before, I should be filming myself soon playing an IE song, or several riffs. I'm not sure what I'll do yet. But hopefully It should be done fairly soon.

Now hopefully, this won't turn out as the recordings I said I would do...that was a few months ago.

If I play a whole song(which I will most likely do) It will probably be Stormrider.

Poofy 666
04-02-2006, 08:30 PM
So, I forgot to say this before, I should be filming myself soon playing an IE song, or several riffs. I'm not sure what I'll do yet. But hopefully It should be done fairly soon.

Now hopefully, this won't turn out as the recordings I said I would do...that was a few months ago.

If I play a whole song(which I will most likely do) It will probably be Stormrider.
I feel like learning Damien. If I can find my camera, I'll record some stuff.

Stormrider
04-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Cool. Damien is a pretty fun song to play along to too.

I remember you posting a long time ago that you were learning Dantes Inferno. How did that go ?