PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Dickinson

blackthorne
08-15-2005, 12:24 PM
I love his solo work and i just want to know what all you other people think of him.

Joe
08-15-2005, 12:26 PM
you should give a little bit more to talk about. i'm not very sure, but isn't he the IM lead singer?

BringHomeTheBacon
08-15-2005, 12:27 PM
He puts his pants on the same way we do, one leg at a time. But after that, he makes gold records.

blackthorne
08-15-2005, 12:28 PM
yeh i just think he is really underated as a solo artist as everyone overlooks his solo work in favor of iron maiden

SonorKen
08-15-2005, 12:29 PM
Put up more information about him or I'll have to close this thread. You really need to read the rules for R&M, this exact situation is discussed there.

blackthorne
08-15-2005, 12:32 PM
Ok bruce dickinson joined iron maiden in 1982 and released several albums with them before realeasing his first album tatooed millionare. he later left maiden in 1993 (i think) to pursue his solo career before re-joining maiden in 2000 for there album brave new world and has recently brought out a new solo album called tyranny of souls.

maidenmetallica
08-15-2005, 12:35 PM
He's had some good stuff and some **** but even his best stuff wasn't as good as Maiden's best.

DeusExMachina
08-15-2005, 12:36 PM
He puts his pants on the same way we do, one leg at a time. But after that, he makes gold records.
SNL owns.

Det_Nosnip
08-15-2005, 01:11 PM

Cowbell.

Anyways, yeah I remember hearing "Chemical Wedding" and really liking it...and, of course, his stuff with Maiden is legendary. I actually really like how his voice has matured....his tone sounded awesome on Brave New World, IMO.

Shazzam
08-15-2005, 01:11 PM
lol dick

crag
08-15-2005, 01:14 PM
He's had some good stuff and some **** but even his best stuff wasn't as good as Maiden's best.
his best stuff was better than maiden's worst stuff though :)

Moses
08-15-2005, 01:31 PM
you should give a little bit more to talk about. i'm not very sure, but isn't he the IM lead singer?
:lol:

Muellator
08-15-2005, 03:38 PM
Ok bruce dickinson joined iron maiden in 1982 and released several albums with them before realeasing his first album tatooed millionare. he later left maiden in 1993 (i think) to pursue his solo career before re-joining maiden in 2000 for there album brave new world and has recently brought out a new solo album called tyranny of souls.

Bruce joined Iron Maiden in 1981 after Paul Di'Anno left the band. They recorded many albums with Bruce as frontman, Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, Powerslave, Somewhere in Time, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. Then he released Tatooed Millionare, which featured guitarist Jannick Gers, who later would join Iron Maiden. This album had almost Def Leppard sound too it. Then back to Iron Maiden Bruce and the band released No Prayer for the Dying, and Fear of the Dark. After Fear of the Dark he left to pursue his solo career. His first album in his new solo career was Balls to Picasso, then came Skunkworks, Accident of Birth, and The Chemical Wedding. Then Bruce joined back up with Iron Maiden with Adrian Smith, who also worked on some of Bruces solo stuff. Then with the new Maiden lineup the recorded two albums, Brave New World, and Dance of Death. Earlier this year Bruce recorded another solo album, Tyranny of Souls. Bruce is touring with Iron Maiden on this years Ozzfest and the band is expected to release a new album in 2006 sometime, it is said to be a concept album of some sort.

Txus
08-15-2005, 03:48 PM
I dont really like his solo stuff that much.

blackthorne
08-15-2005, 03:49 PM
Bruce joined Iron Maiden in 1981 after Paul Di'Anno left the band. They recorded many albums with Bruce as frontman, Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, Powerslave, Somewhere in Time, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. Then he released Tatooed Millionare, which featured guitarist Jannick Gers, who later would join Iron Maiden. This album had almost Def Leppard sound too it. Then back to Iron Maiden Bruce and the band released No Prayer for the Dying, and Fear of the Dark. After Fear of the Dark he left to pursue his solo career. His first album in his new solo career was Balls to Picasso, then came Skunkworks, Accident of Birth, and The Chemical Wedding. Then Bruce joined back up with Iron Maiden with Adrian Smith, who also worked on some of Bruces solo stuff. Then with the new Maiden lineup the recorded two albums, Brave New World, and Dance of Death. Earlier this year Bruce recorded another solo album, Tyranny of Souls. Bruce is touring with Iron Maiden on this years Ozzfest and the band is expected to release a new album in 2006 sometime, it is said to be a concept album of some sort.

thanks for the info
:thumb:

Brew
08-15-2005, 03:52 PM
His stuff with Samson is brilliant. (the band he was in before joining Maiden)

I've got the album Tattoed Millionaire from his solo carreer which is alright, some songs are quite funny.

crag
08-15-2005, 03:53 PM
His stuff with Samson is brilliant. (the band he was in before joining Maiden)

I've got the album Tattoed Millionaire from his solo carreer which is alright, some songs are quite funny.
:amaze: how or where did you hear the samson stuff?

Brew
08-15-2005, 04:00 PM
:amaze: how or where did you hear the samson stuff?

My Dad has the ''Head On'' album on vinyl :)

He saw Samson open for Iron Maiden in 1979 and thought they blew Maiden off the stage.

Edit: uploads on the way.

Vice Versa (http://rapidshare.de/files/4018068/Vice_Versa.wma.html)

Hammerhead (http://rapidshare.de/files/4018113/Hammerhead.wma.html)

Take it Like a Man (http://rapidshare.de/files/4018192/Take_It_Like_A_Man.wma.html)

iceland_is_mine
08-15-2005, 04:04 PM
You should really check out Tyranny Of Souls, it's a killer album, although it has much more of a rock feel to then Maiden.

Muellator
08-15-2005, 04:10 PM
No check out A Chemical Wedding, the style is similar to Tyranny of Souls, but in all the album is better, and i think his solo stuff is heavier than Maiden

crag
08-15-2005, 04:15 PM
My Dad has the ''Head On'' album on vinyl :)

He saw Samson open for Iron Maiden in 1979 and thought they blew Maiden off the stage.

Edit: uploads on the way.

Vice Versa (http://rapidshare.de/files/4018068/Vice_Versa.wma.html)

Hammerhead (http://rapidshare.de/files/4018113/Hammerhead.wma.html)

Take it Like a Man (http://rapidshare.de/files/4018192/Take_It_Like_A_Man.wma.html)
woah, thanks a lot :) . i never new samson even had recorded stuff

Brew
08-15-2005, 04:18 PM
woah, thanks a lot :) . i never new samson even had recorded stuff

One more song is on its way.Walking Out on You (http://rapidshare.de/files/4018417/Walking_Out_On_You.wma.html)

I've got 2 albums from Samson, one with and one without Dicko. They're both very good.

crag
08-15-2005, 04:20 PM
the website won't let me download :upset: it comes up with
This IP is not allowed to use the free-service anymore today. We detected very extreme downloads. Don't worry! This has not to be your fault.
thanks anyway.

Muellator
08-15-2005, 04:21 PM
Haha Samson is something Ive never heard, now I have, its such happy rock haha. I dont like Bruce's voice in here, nor the drums, its cool music though, the guitar at times is very Sabbathy. I hate how Bruce uses his vibrato in here though, too short, thats my opinion though, its not bad, its just not Maiden by any means, not that I was really expecting that.

Brew
08-15-2005, 04:21 PM
the website won't let me download :upset: it comes up with

thanks anyway.

Don't worry, the links are good for ages so keep trying :thumb:

maidenmetallica
08-15-2005, 05:52 PM
I think Samson had 2 albums with Bruce Dickinson, or Bruce Bruce as he used to go by back then. :lol:

Brew
08-15-2005, 06:16 PM
I refer to him as Bruce Bruce.

Muellator
08-16-2005, 01:21 AM
Ah yes Bruce Bruce, haha when he joined Maiden they made him change his name and get a leather jacket, cause he always wore goofy clothes, but after he became more accepted as frontman of the band, he started wearing some goofy things again, PoM tour he had a potatoe sack and red tights, Powerslave was a little more normal, haha the Somewhere in Time tour he had like a pirate shirt, ah man, good singer though.

MikeyB11
08-16-2005, 05:24 AM
BRUCE! The man. Hes such a great singer. I LOVE HIS SOLO STUFF! Like i cant get enough of it, its great studio work, and the man can 'kin WRITE! His lyrics and his voice are like adventurous and i can just space out listening to his stuff. Although i would have never knew of bruce's solo stuff without maiden. Excellent stuff.

blackthorne
08-16-2005, 11:08 AM
BRUCE! The man. Hes such a great singer. I LOVE HIS SOLO STUFF! Like i cant get enough of it, its great studio work, and the man can 'kin WRITE! His lyrics and his voice are like adventurous and i can just space out listening to his stuff. Although i would have never knew of bruce's solo stuff without maiden. Excellent stuff.

:thumb: You got the right idea :thumb:

Muellator
08-16-2005, 12:56 PM
Yeah, Bruce's solo stuff is great, one great thing is that its not just a carbon copy of Maiden, its something different, obviously there are some ties to it, but its something in its own, and i love it.

shadow_stalker
08-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Bruce Dickinson is amazing, he actually made a show about the history of airplanes interesting (and i don't mean planes used to fight in wars)

I borrowed his last solo album from lord abortion, it was pretty good

Muellator
08-16-2005, 02:39 PM
Yeah Bruce is kind of nerdy haha, he does so much though, aside from Maiden, he released a solo album this year, hes a comercial air pilot(Im pretty sure thats why he cut his hair, to be a pilot), he does a radio show on BBC, he fences, hes also a train enthusiast. Theres a show on Discovery Channel, Frontiers of Construction, well on the train episode, hes on there for a bit.

shadow_stalker
08-16-2005, 02:42 PM
and he is a writer

Muellator
08-16-2005, 02:42 PM
A writer, as in books?

crag
08-17-2005, 05:19 AM
A writer, as in books?
yup

Muellator
08-17-2005, 10:36 AM
yup
I guess thats not too surprising, i never knew that though, but then again, anyone can write if they want, its a matter of how good or ****ty it is.

Brew
08-17-2005, 10:38 AM
Apparently his books are quite funny, I think my Uncle has one of them which I may borrow soon.

Muellator
08-17-2005, 10:39 AM
cool, i dont know why i havent heard of him writing books before.

naboo
08-17-2005, 11:08 AM
Bruce's solo stuff is awesome. I only have The Chemical Wedding but I love it.

maidenmetallica
08-17-2005, 11:11 AM
cool, i dont know why i havent heard of him writing books before.
I knew about the fencing and piloting, but I only vaguely remember hearing that he wrote a book. I'd also like to see that Discovery Channel show, does it air in the states?

Muellator
08-17-2005, 12:30 PM
yeah im pretty sure it does, he isnt ont here too long, its funny, i was watching the show, cause i like it, and its like, Bruce Dickinson - Train Entrusiast. Im like wtf?? haha it was so sweet though.

crag
08-17-2005, 12:33 PM
:lol: he's got to be one of the most multi talented people i've ever seen

Muellator
08-17-2005, 12:39 PM
haha yes, dont forget, he plays guitar too

maidenmetallica
08-17-2005, 01:04 PM
haha yes, dont forget, he plays guitar too
He does? :confused:
I also heard him say that he was briefly a roadie for the clash (when he was much younger).

Muellator
08-17-2005, 01:05 PM
Yeah he plays guitar, he used to play it live on occasion, if they needed another guitarist for maiden. it actually shows him playing it during revelations during the chorus on early days dvd.

Vikki Venom
11-19-2005, 08:56 PM
i think he has his own radio show too.

King_Of_Terrors
11-19-2005, 09:23 PM
How come your bumping all of Blackthorne's threads?

surfordie12
11-19-2005, 09:48 PM
How come your bumping all of Blackthorne's threads?
bump this.

i think his solo work is a bit inconsistent, some of it is really good, and some of it just shat bricks...

-The Frank
11-19-2005, 10:10 PM
I wrote a cd review on A tyranny of souls, if anyone wants a read.

But yah, his solo stuff is amazing. If you really want to get into him, you should all buy "the chemical wedding".

Sausage_Wielder
11-19-2005, 10:12 PM
hes my hero

too bad he has a fever

-The Frank
11-19-2005, 10:14 PM
Yeah Bruce is kind of nerdy haha, he does so much though, aside from Maiden, he released a solo album this year, hes a comercial air pilot(Im pretty sure thats why he cut his hair, to be a pilot), he does a radio show on BBC, he fences, hes also a train enthusiast. Theres a show on Discovery Channel, Frontiers of Construction, well on the train episode, hes on there for a bit.

He was actually the 7th best fencer in england at one time

blackthorne
11-20-2005, 01:17 AM
really i thought he was like the 2nd best?

PepsiMetal
11-20-2005, 01:29 AM
I like his stuff with iron maiden, although steve does the most work. :p

I haven't heard any of his solo stuff, yet.

shamed-angel
11-20-2005, 04:20 AM
Abduction, from his new album is awesome. Sounds like Trivium, with the best metal singer ever singing :)

-The Frank
11-20-2005, 05:38 AM
Abduction, from his new album is awesome. Sounds like Trivium, with the best metal singer ever singing :)
Power of the sun and Navigate the seas of the sun are my favorites of his new album

MotliestDude8
11-28-2005, 07:01 PM
Im not a BIG fan of his solo work but he had some moments he was better in Iron Maiden then solo