PDA

View Full Version : Ampeg-BA115

LostItAgain
08-14-2005, 08:31 PM
Experience- I've owned it for about a yaer and a half
Backround- been playin the bass about five years and owned loads of equipment
Music style- Ska, Raggae, some jazz and on occasion some metal

ampeg-BA115
List Price-599.99USD (i picked mine up for 450)
Specs
SIZE-21x21x16
WIEGHT- 62lbs
SPEAKERS- one 15 inch speaker and one tweeter
CONTROLS- it has bass,mid and treble controls as well as a volume and master contro. it also features a five position style selector which changes the voicing of the amp.
OUTPUTS- 100 watts
OTHER FEATURES- Headpone jack and tilt back cabeninent. It also has two imputs one for basses with passive pick-ups and one for basses with active pick ups but you cant use both at the same time.
Positives-
I especiall like the style selector and thinknk it is the best feature of this amp it alowws you to completely change how your bass sound very quickly. it is good quality and is an great buy. it works well for practicing alone or with others as well as for playing small local shows.Its size is great if you need an amp to lug back and forth to band practice. and is a good amp for begginers who need a step up from small practice amps but cant afford a stack. the BA-115 has great tone and good sound quaility.

Negatives-
There are only two problems with this amp one is that compared to comparable amps it is not very loud. Im not saying that its not loud it will definately shake the window glass, but its definately not as loud as some of the other 100 watt combos ive had the chance to play.The other thing wrong with it is that when you turn it up to 9 or 10 with with the bass up all the way the 15 inch speaker rattles like crazy.

Heres the rating breakdown-
Features- 8.5 out of 10
Quality- 9 out of 10
Value- 7 out of 10
Sound- 8 out of 10
Overall - 8 out of 10

dragonzmad
08-14-2005, 11:18 PM
Experience- I've owned it for about a yaer and a half
Backround- been playin the bass about five years and owned loads of equipment
Music style- Ska, Raggae, some jazz and on occasion some metal

ampeg-BA115
List Price-599.99USD (i picked mine up for 450)
Specs
SIZE-21x21x16
WIEGHT- 62lbs
SPEAKERS- one 15 inch speaker and one tweeter
CONTROLS- it has bass,mid and treble controls as well as a volume and master contro. it also features a five position style selector which changes the voicing of the amp.
OUTPUTS- 100 watts
OTHER FEATURES- Headpone jack and tilt back cabeninent. It also has two imputs one for basses with passive pick-ups and one for basses with active pick ups but you cant use both at the same time.
Positives-
I especiall like the style selector and thinknk it is the best feature of this amp it alowws you to completely change how your bass sound very quickly. it is good quality and is an great buy. it works well for practicing alone or with others as well as for playing small local shows.Its size is great if you need an amp to lug back and forth to band practice. and is a good amp for begginers who need a step up from small practice amps but cant afford a stack. the BA-115 has great tone and good sound quaility.

Negatives-
There are only two problems with this amp one is that compared to comparable amps it is not very loud. Im not saying that its not loud it will definately shake the window glass, but its definately not as loud as some of the other 100 watt combos ive had the chance to play.The other thing wrong with it is that when you turn it up to 9 or 10 with with the bass up all the way the 15 inch speaker rattles like crazy.

Heres the rating breakdown-
Features- 8.5 out of 10
Quality- 9 out of 10
Value- 7 out of 10
Sound- 8 out of 10
Overall - 8 out of 10

u forgot to say extremely overpriced

LostItAgain
08-15-2005, 11:56 AM
Did I now, you get what you pay for

willycamero
08-24-2006, 01:14 PM
I think these are OK little amps, but I got mine, new, for around $325. I play a lot of reggae and ska too, and these are very good for recording a direct signal out of when the "style selector" is on 1 with the mid at 3 o'clock, same with the bass, and the treble at 11 o'clock. Too small for live gigs, though, unless monitor reinforcement is outstanding.

emhohensee
10-19-2008, 08:31 PM
im a drummer, and i recently decided to pick up bass. i was researching gear and i came across this as well as the Ashdown Five Fifteen 100W and the Acoustic B100 100W 1x15. Im planning on buying new, and the prices im getting are putting this at roughly $120 more then the other two. All of them have fairly good reviews, and im wondering if this is worth the extra money?? Can anybody tell what the differences are?? btw, im not exactly sure if this is the right thread for this so if it's not i apologise in advance. idk if it makes a difference but i eventually want to end up play alt/experimental stuff similar Muse or The Mars Volta. should go with one over the other because of that??

Naminator
10-19-2008, 11:52 PM
I think these are OK little amps, but I got mine, new, for around $325. I play a lot of reggae and ska too, and these are very good for recording a direct signal out of when the "style selector" is on 1 with the mid at 3 o'clock, same with the bass, and the treble at 11 o'clock. Too small for live gigs, though, unless monitor reinforcement is outstanding.

What?

you record bass with an amplifier?

enjoy your f'ed up recordings.