PDA

View Full Version : i ****ing hate Floyd Roses

TheRaspberryJams
08-09-2005, 09:29 PM
ok so im trying to restring the mot.herfuc.ker and im to the tuning the part.. im trying to tune it, and i look over after the third time a string pulls out and see the fu.cking Floyd Rose is pretty much vertical..
how the fu.ck do fix this? im ready to ditch this stupid Ibanez and buy a new guitar without a Floyd.
help maybe? or maybe a price i could get in a trade in? i play an Ibanez RG 570 with quite a few dents from the previous owner and a place where a sticker was theres like gooze...
What could i get?

out_of_tune
08-09-2005, 09:33 PM
you took all the strings off at the same time didn't you?

TheRaspberryJams
08-09-2005, 09:34 PM
bump :(

TheRaspberryJams
08-09-2005, 09:35 PM
no i didnt

ThisGuy
08-09-2005, 09:36 PM
Did you stretch the strings?

7 skrang
08-09-2005, 09:36 PM
dude, you probably changed string gauge. it's stupid when people don't know anything about floyds...

Samuel
08-09-2005, 09:37 PM
Did you change string gauge?

EDIT: Beaten.

ThisGuy
08-09-2005, 09:37 PM
dude, you probably changed string gauge. it's stupid when people don't know anything about floyds...
^that's also probably it

TheRaspberryJams
08-09-2005, 09:39 PM
yeah i did... how do u stretch the strings? oh and im sorry about not knowing anything about floyds :(

Midget Gaylord
08-09-2005, 09:41 PM
lol.... scallopwned... dont be mad at the floyd if its ****ed up because of you...

JoshIsNumber3
08-09-2005, 09:42 PM
Aha, you fail guitar.

TheRaspberryJams
08-09-2005, 09:52 PM
watev gaylord..
Josh is number 3: um, no.. al least i have other things to do then play guitar and post on these forums. u have been in the forums for what, 9 days? and u already 155 posts. thats 19 posts a day. wat else do u do?

Krabsworth
08-09-2005, 09:53 PM
watev gaylord..
Josh is number 3: um, no.. al least i have other things to do then play guitar and post on these forums. u have been in the forums for what, 9 days? and u already 155 posts. thats 19 posts a day. wat else do u do?

It takes only 45 minutes to get 19 posts, and alot of people are up at night just posting away.

devildriver421
08-09-2005, 09:54 PM
watev gaylord..

It takes no time at all to get 19 posts. I spend like an hour a day on here, and I post a lot. Maybeyou should learn how to use a guitar, even if you do other things.

Krabsworth
08-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Overall, it seems Floyd Roses are an unneeded hassle just so you can go,"we-o-we-o-we-o" better.

JoshIsNumber3
08-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Well, usually, I play my floyd rose equipped guitar for about 3 to 4 hours a day, oh and I can change the strings too.

Daniel K
08-09-2005, 10:00 PM
I hate how Floyds are made fun of becuase they are hard to set-up.

People should have to take tests to be able to buy Floyd rose equipped guitars.

Midget Gaylord
08-09-2005, 10:03 PM
watev gaylord..
i do your mom

Left Face Down
08-09-2005, 10:03 PM
You will have great respect for floating trems, once you learn how to use them properly. Take care of their guitars, many do not. Because the floating trem makes you take care of it, they get mad.

TheRaspberryJams
08-09-2005, 10:08 PM
MG: u wish
and im not thrashing them im saying i hate them cuz id rather spend the 40 bucks to get it restrung then waste my entire night trying to do this. its just "an uneeded hassle"

JoshIsNumber3
08-09-2005, 10:10 PM
Go spend 40 dollars to get it setup and watch him do it, so we don't have to hear

omgz floydrosus sucks!11

Midget Gaylord
08-09-2005, 10:11 PM
well, i think its has been threads about this before, i dont wanna be an ******* when saying "search for it" and i think http://www.projectguitar.com has a articel on how to lower the strings and such

kidthatplaysguitar91
08-09-2005, 10:11 PM
ok so im trying to restring the mot.herfuc.ker and im to the tuning the part.. im trying to tune it, and i look over after the third time a string pulls out and see the fu.cking Floyd Rose is pretty much vertical..
how the fu.ck do fix this? im ready to ditch this stupid Ibanez and buy a new guitar without a Floyd.
help maybe? or maybe a price i could get in a trade in? i play an Ibanez RG 570 with quite a few dents from the previous owner and a place where a sticker was theres like gooze...
What could i get?

yeah i had an rg 320 and i got rid of it, because of the bridge, i've heard some companies make fake floyd roses, maybe this is one of them

JoshIsNumber3
08-09-2005, 10:12 PM
They're not "fake" floyd roses, but rather, licensed floyd roses.

It's cheaper for a company to make it's own version than to continually purchase OFRs.

Midget Gaylord
08-09-2005, 10:13 PM
the licensed on my jackson is nice, nothing wrong with it

Chipwich88
08-09-2005, 10:14 PM
also is it a floyd original or licesend? cuz some of those licesend ones can get pretty funky when you restring them

TheRaspberryJams
ok im goin to bed flame me some more so i can wake up and read your stupid flame posts.

JonG
Suck it up, and learn how to use it.

Pussy.

JoshIsNumber3
08-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Yeah, for the most part, most licensed floyd roses are just fine unless you're talking about the TRS trems.

>.<;

kidthatplaysguitar91
08-09-2005, 10:15 PM
watev gaylord..

i've been a member longer than what my time ses, i got banned before, in one night when you cant do anything else, i do this, gets about 20 posts in a half an hour

Chaz S
08-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Is there a site that teaches you how to tune a floyd or to set one up or something? I'm intresting in getting one, but don't want to have to pay to get it set up.

JoshIsNumber3
08-09-2005, 10:19 PM
www.jemsite.com

Chipwich88
08-09-2005, 10:24 PM
www.jemsite.com
there are so many floyds in their that i might have wet myself

Chaz S
08-09-2005, 10:26 PM
Can I get some directions?

Kwash2
08-09-2005, 10:37 PM
I don't know why I bought a floyd rose guitar, I never use the trem now.

mmetalmilitiaa
08-09-2005, 10:59 PM
1. Use google to find out how to set up a floyd... google works wonders...use it sometime instead of sitting here waiting for an answer. (or wait for people to make fun of you)

2. A floyd rose doesn't require freakin rocket sience... I had never even touched one and then I just randomly bought a guitar with one and it took me about 10 minutes to figure out everything that goes on with it, with a little help from google.

If you set it up right, you'll like it.

If you're impacient and ignorant, you won't.

Finch88
08-09-2005, 11:35 PM
Overall, it seems Floyd Roses are an unneeded hassle just so you can go,"we-o-we-o-we-o" better.

very true, but if u have a backup without a floyd they are worth it ... besides its either a. get a floyd or b. buy a les paul and snap the neck doing bows

anyways to set it up ur gonna have to tighten the springs. it will take some trial and error to get it just right, but once u do u will feel proud of yourself.

and to stretch strings all u gotta do is hold the string with one finger while ur tightening it

ShadowMan
08-09-2005, 11:36 PM
It took me about 4 hours to set mine up the first time since I was changing string, guages, and tunings, but it's pretty easy now. I'm just afraid to touch the intonation.

Metaljonus
08-09-2005, 11:45 PM
LoL poor baby *baby crying in the back*

PinkFloyd
08-09-2005, 11:50 PM
watev gaylord..

no 21 posts a day

Daniel K
08-09-2005, 11:51 PM
Floyd Rose > Anything else.

Crickets and divebombs > Everything

Quick tuning > All

/Thread.

TheRaspberryJams
08-10-2005, 06:46 AM
its a licensed floyd

Axe
08-10-2005, 06:48 AM
i fucking love them..........

tighten the springs in the back and it will pull it back down.......... i didnt really understand your first post.........

siryan
08-10-2005, 06:54 AM
u should need to like get a licence to be able to buy one. like passing a drivers test. maybe.

probably not

kurrpt
08-10-2005, 06:55 AM
this thread = whiney bitch..

/leaves

Lydisk
08-10-2005, 07:00 AM
unworthy of guitar ++

Refl
08-10-2005, 07:02 AM
I'd like to get round to getting a Floyd equipped guitar some day.

The_Mop
08-10-2005, 07:16 AM
THere's a big guide here to sort out all Floyd Rose problems -

http://www.jemsite.com/tech/3other.htm

Spiritofmosa
08-10-2005, 08:13 AM
What could i get?
yeh i know what u mean

Strumpeband
08-10-2005, 08:39 AM
lol.... scallopwned... dont be mad at the floyd if its ****ed up because of you...

Why don't you cut your useless replies? you just completely ruin any thread you pester with your idiotic retorts.
By the way; don't bother replying to this in your usually brainless, rabies-like manner.

TheJem
08-10-2005, 09:59 AM
I've said it hundreds of times b4 but: Why the Fook do people get guitars with floyds and try to change the strings on them when they dont know anything about them. Im sure the people in the guitar shop will tell u how to deal with them if you ask. Its also all over the bloody internet. They really arnt that complicated, u just have to know what your doing.

Minty...Again
08-10-2005, 10:04 AM
MG: u wish
and im not thrashing them im saying i hate them cuz id rather spend the 40 bucks to get it restrung then waste my entire night trying to do this. its just "an uneeded hassle"

Learn to quote. N00b.

E.S.P.
08-10-2005, 10:13 AM
I've said it hundreds of times b4 but: Why the Fook do people get guitars with floyds and try to change the strings on them when they dont know anything about them. Im sure the people in the guitar shop will tell u how to deal with them if you ask. Its also all over the bloody internet. They really arnt that complicated, u just have to know what your doing.

Before I bought my JEM I asked the former owner if he would help me with the floyd, and he was surprised and happy that I asked, because he didn't like to sell floyd-equipped guitars to someone that didn't know sh!t about them. So he gladly helped me, and when I faced my first string-gauge problem, it was pretty easy. Evenif I hadn't done it before.

Midget Gaylord
08-10-2005, 11:07 AM
Why don't you cut your useless replies? you just completely ruin any thread you pester with your idiotic retorts.
By the way; don't bother replying to this in your usually brainless, rabies-like manner.
omg, did you see the next post i did when i told him where he could that the information he needed? no? stfu then dickweed

black.hole.sun
08-10-2005, 11:13 AM

I couldn't agree more.

s34nsm411
08-10-2005, 11:54 AM
THIS IS THE EASIEST AND QUICKEST WAY TO SET UP A DAMN FLOYD. i came up with this method a while back (atleast i think i did, ive never seen anyone else do it like this) and it works great and takes about 5 minutes

---
Loosen the tremolo screws a good ammount so that the floyd is divebombing. Block off your tremolo (i like to use a 9v battery and however many picks it takes me to get it just right) at the exact height you want it to be when tuned, now the floyd should be holding tightly onto whatever you put in the body cavity to block it with since there is much more string tension than spring tension pulling on it.

Tune your guitar normally

Tighten the locking nuts at the top and tighten your tremolo screws till what you were using to block the tremolo falls out.

Now fine tune the tremolo screws till the tremolo is at the exact height you had it at before

Congrats, now your guitar is perfectly in tune with your floyd at the perfect height
---

if you dont understand what im talking about ask me to clarify and ill help

MRDuCran
08-10-2005, 12:11 PM
Theres also guides on
www.jemsite.com
www.ibanezrules.com

Donnie Darko
08-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Damn I had the same problem as you. And I came here for help and artificial_infection or something like did a really good job of helping me and had pictures and everything. But I think that post has been deleted now... Yeah.

slash-wanabe
08-10-2005, 03:41 PM

I would of failed miserably

Donnie Darko
08-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Found it: http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235084

Note how retarded I can be.

Dylan S
08-10-2005, 03:47 PM
What an ignorant comment.

If he hasn't learnt before or noone has told him, of course he doesn't know anything about floyds.

It has nothing to do with his guitar ability or mental ability.

I feel for you dude (to threadstarter) as I was in the same boat one day. I took all the strings off at once (used to tune-o-matic) and the bridge sunk. I took it to my local guitar store and got them to set it up and re-string it. I can do it myself nowadays and I understand the concept behind the strings and such, but I still take it down there and get them to do it because I go there all the time and they give me discounts on everything, and I'd rather it be a good job than a bad job from me and be on stage and have a string pop out.

Good luck with it bud :thumb:

Django
08-10-2005, 03:48 PM

not if you know what you're doing

TheRaspberryJams
08-10-2005, 03:59 PM
thnx zakk :)

Blue Moon
08-10-2005, 04:19 PM
THREADS LIKE THIS MAKE ME :angry: :mad:

Edge pro > floyd rose, yada yada...

Strumpeband
08-10-2005, 04:19 PM
omg, did you see the next post i did when i told him where he could that the information he needed? no? stfu then dickweed

No, I must've mistaken that for someone else, since I didn't expect anything above 'mediocre' from you.

longvonsilver
08-10-2005, 04:21 PM
What could i get?
hmmm, so u have a ibanez guitar with a floyd rose in it, i always thought they were called edge pros or low pros, ah well hard luck anyways, i no nothin about them types of trems

Blue Moon
08-10-2005, 04:24 PM
yea thats one of the things that annoys me ^^^ when people call edge pro's Floyd roses...... But some ibanez's do have floyds in them, most if not all of the new ones dont.....

longvonsilver
08-10-2005, 04:26 PM
yea thats one of the things that annoys me ^^^ when people call edge pro's Floyd roses...... But some ibanez's do have floyds in them, most if not all of the new ones dont.....
oh rite i thought they were all equiped with edges, my mistake. So there is a chance that this guy could have a floyd equipped geetar then. I dont think it is though?

Blue Moon
08-10-2005, 04:36 PM
nope not all of them have edge's but most do now, not just edges, Ibanez's own style of trems are on all the new ones

but it could be a floyd =/

MRDuCran
08-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Well aren't Edge and Lo Pros new, or is it just the Lo Pro's? Are are neither of them new?

ThisGuy
08-10-2005, 04:40 PM
yeah i did... how do u stretch the strings? oh and im sorry about not knowing anything about floyds :(
So many posts and no one answer the question. If you bought strings with a higher guage than stock, then you'll have to put another spring in the back cavity. To stretch, pull ups with trem help alot or just strech the strings manualy with your hands by just pressing on a fret and pulling up on the string.

peaveyrules
08-10-2005, 04:40 PM

Haha...true that. I mean, at first I was really scepticle about owning a guitar with a Floyd Rose, thought it would be a pain in the ***, but, as long as you stretch your strings properly, I don't see what the big deal is. I play pretty rough, and I still don't break any strings so I am pretty happy.

eirlisdrumer
08-10-2005, 05:32 PM
i dont like floyd rose, string through and tunomatic for me

MRDuCran
08-10-2005, 05:39 PM
I don't think this is the thread for saying that.

sambo555
08-10-2005, 05:48 PM
help maybe?
Hey, I thought we settled this before in the beginners forum. What's up? My instructions were the proper way to string a floyd rose. Me thinks there's someting your not telling us...

TheRaspberryJams
08-10-2005, 06:00 PM
i did it the same way u told me..

100th post :)

HUGE
08-10-2005, 06:06 PM
word... i got a ibanez s370, and for the first 4 months i had it i had the same problem...so i took it to a guitar shop and got it "set up" for like 35 bucks...i never looked back...change the strings one by one and the springs will not go out of wack. So if u can get it set up thats the way to go...and they can fiddle around with ur action and wat not...some stores even have free set up days. But pay a small fee and ur ibanez will become a gift of god.

JacksonRR3guy
08-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Dude, Just tune the guitar down to D standard or around there and gradually tighten the spring claw screws until you can get it into standard tuning and have good hight on the trem. If that doesn't work you might have to add another spring. I find it easier to stick with lighter guage strings. BUT if you are a person who constantly changes tuning then just get a fixed bridge guitar. I've had no problem with the Floyed on my RR, because I try to stick with 8's or 7's if I can find them. (Earnie Ball Extra Slinky).

Django
08-11-2005, 12:50 PM
0.8's or 0.7's holy ****

TheRaspberryJams
11-08-2005, 06:28 PM
I am really sorry about this useless bump but I had to... I was looking through my post history..
HAHAHA
I was a total no0b.
Now I'm just a kind of (but still loser) No0b.
Well to attempt to give this needless bump a point... Look at your first posts and compare them.. Give us your comparisons :)
This should be interesting..

TheRaspberryJams
11-08-2005, 06:29 PM
And by the way.. I can set up everything on my Floyd now.. Gonna be re-doing it :)