PDA

View Full Version : Fragments Of Unbecoming

Flynn
08-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Anyone listen to these guys? I bought a CD called ''Skywards:A Sylphes Ascension'' last year and I have been listening to it ever since. The entire Album has a really nice vibe to it. It's a must buy for all you melodic death metal fans out there.

Shapes Of The Pursuers: http://www.metalblade.de/mp3/FOU_ShapesOfThePursuers.ram

Sterling Black Icon is set to release on April 4th. Here's the complete track listing.

Carmine Preface
Sterling Black Icon
Weave Their Barren Path
Dear Floating Water
Breathe In The Black To See
Ride For A Fall
A Faint Illumination
Live For The Moment, Stay ´Til The End
Scythe Of Scarecrow
Onward To The Finger Of God
Stand The Tempest
Chambre Noir

Here's a little biography about the band:

''FRAGMENTS OF UNBECOMING first started in August 2000 as the project of MORTIFIED guitarist Sascha Ehrich and VENEREAL DISEASE guitarist Stefan Weimar, the latter also filling the position of vocalist. A drummer was quickly found in Ingo Maier (also in VENEREAL DISEASE) and after a few months of testing several bassists, Wolle Schellenberg, who had the right attitude and enthusiasm to get the gig, completed the band. The musical direction was soon decided upon, with inspiration being drawn mainly from the early Swedish Death Metal sound.

Within a short time span the idea of a project was discarded, with FRAGMENTS OF BECOMING turning into a “real” band. As a consequence, Sascha quit MORTIFIED in order to concentrate on his new sphere of activity. After 1½ years the band had enough material to choose from for the recording of a first MCD, as well as for a full live set. In the spring 2002 the debut “Bloodred Tales/Chapter I – The Crimson Season” was recorded at Stellwerk Studio, the disc being officially released in May.

This MCD gained enthusiastic reactions from the press, getting the band to be represented on “Best Of Unsigned“ compilations by both Rock Hard and Heavy Oder Was?! magazines. Metal Blade Records got aware of the buzz and the band signed a contract with the legendary label almost exactly a year after the release of their first recording.

The first full-length album was recorded in the fall of 2003, once again at Stellwerk Studio, with production duties being shared by the band and Stefan Hahnbuch. The offering bears the title “Skywards – A Sylphe’s Ascension” and even surpasses the already high expectations: a Brutal yet dynamic and Melodic Death Metal record.'' - The Metal Observer.

panasonic youth
08-06-2005, 08:28 PM
Sounds interesting, can you send some uploads?

Flynn
08-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Here ya go - it's a great song. Listen to the whole thing...has a nice ending.

Shapes Of The Pursuers (http://www.metalblade.de/mp3/FOU_ShapesOfThePursuers.ram)

36Dritzlfists
08-06-2005, 10:24 PM
I saw this cd at Best Buy last year, it really stood out. Great band name, almost bought the cd. Is it really good? how are the vocals? and guitars? any solos?

Flynn
08-07-2005, 07:02 AM
I saw this cd at Best Buy last year, it really stood out. Great band name, almost bought the cd. Is it really good? how are the vocals? and guitars? any solos?

The entire album is good. I really like it, and listen to it frequently.
I linked a song from ''Skywards: A Sylphe's Ascension'' above...

Click on ''Shapes Of The Pursuers'' :)

Flynn
10-16-2005, 09:26 PM
Skywards is worth every penney. I strongly recommend it to any death metal fan.

Neurotripsicks
01-29-2006, 12:34 AM
I just bought this album, I like it. Thanks Flynn!

Txus
01-29-2006, 06:42 AM
Well you already now what my thoughts are for this band Flynn, I really love every single song of them, I love the acoustic outro of Shapes Of The Pursuers but my favorite song at the moment is Scattered To The Four Winds.

Shadows
01-29-2006, 08:56 AM
I love this band, if you couldn't tell by the avatar. :) Flynn got me into these guys a few months ago and I've been listening to them ever since. I haven't seen Skywards around anywhere, but I'll buy it as soon as I do. Shapes of the Persuers, The Seventh Sunray Enlights My Pathway, and Scattered to the Four Winds are some of the standout songs, but the whole album is great. I like all of the instrumentals.

I can't wait for Sterling Black Icon either.

Shattered_Future
01-29-2006, 09:03 AM
Hmmm, melodeath. Will check out later.

Dark_Hero
01-29-2006, 11:02 AM
I heard them a long time ago. Completely forgot about them.

Flynn
01-29-2006, 11:35 AM
Hmmm, melodeath. Will check out later.

I think I sent you a song a few days ago, not too sure though.

Daven
01-29-2006, 11:37 AM
This is a great band, I have Scattered To The Four Winds and Fear My Hatred, both very good songs. The drummer is insane.

Flynn
01-29-2006, 12:24 PM
Igno Maier is probably my favorite drummer atm, I can't wait to hear Sterling Black Icon.

Txus
02-19-2006, 12:59 PM
Igno Maier is probably my favorite drummer atm, I can't wait to hear Sterling Black Icon.
Igno is amazing man, he has some awesome Blast Beats.....April 4th :chug:

Flynn
02-19-2006, 01:01 PM
Hell yeah! Ingo is awesome! April 4th :chug:

Man, did you see Amazon spelled the album wrong? The have it on reserve under Sterling Black Iron. It's Sterling Black Icon! I'll have to get it from Metal Blade.

Shadows
02-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Oh man, has any more info been released? :( It's getting close to the album release and I'm surprised that cover art hasn't been shown or songs haven't leaked. I'm so excited about this album.

Txus
02-19-2006, 01:08 PM
Oh man, has any more info been released? :( It's getting close to the album release and I'm surprised that cover art hasn't been shown or songs haven't leaked. I'm so excited about this album.
They already released the cover art. :)

http://www.metalblade.de/fragmentsofunbecomingS.html

Flynn
02-19-2006, 01:08 PM
Sterling Black Icon cover is amazing. I got chills when I saw it.

http://i1.tinypic.com/o5otqv.jpg

Shadows
02-19-2006, 01:15 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

How did I miss that!? Damn that cover is sweet! Now I'm really excited. I feel an avatar change coming. :)

Has anyone else heard the Bloodred Tales EP? I got it a while back and...it's not what I had hoped.

Flynn
02-19-2006, 01:19 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

How did I miss that!? Damn that cover is sweet! Now I'm really excited. I feel an avatar change coming. :)

Has anyone else heard the Bloodred Tales EP? I got it a while back and...it's not what I had hoped.

I've heard some of Bloodred Tales, Skywards is their sound though. I think Sterling Black Icon will be a great album. I'm really looking forward to it.

^Dream~Theater^
02-19-2006, 03:26 PM
Flynn just started whoring this band to me alittle while ago and I'm already addicted like crack.

Flynn
02-19-2006, 04:40 PM
I'm glad you like them. :chug: Just wait until Sterling Black Icon comes out.

Daven
02-19-2006, 04:45 PM
I cant wait for the new album to come out, i just hope is as good as Skywards.

Shadows
02-19-2006, 05:56 PM
I bet Sterling is even better than Skywards. I really hope they've gotten better production this time around at least. Skywards wasn't bad, but for a genre like this, the clearer the better.

The new one also has 12 tracks, like Skywards. I wonder if they included another several instrumentals.

Flynn
02-19-2006, 06:06 PM
Well, I know they have a new member to the band. That should be interesting. :)

Toaster
02-19-2006, 06:30 PM
Didn't they get a second singer recently? I always thought it was cool how there was the back-and-forth singing on the songs I have, but I know they had only one singer on that album.

Flynn
02-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Yep.

Comments guitarist Sascha Ehrich: “Sterling Black Icon, the 3rd chapter in the history of Fragments of Unbecoming, takes us miles of steps closer to the sophistication of the characteristic song writing we’ve ever been standing for and nevertheless believe in: ‘Swedish Styled Death Metal’ (… from Tyskland by the way). With a new 5th face (Sam Anetzberger) on the front, we finally could play with a more variable double vocal performance that highly enriches every single song. We are proud announcing that the entire material got catchier and much more melodic but not less aggressive! One hook line peruses the next, one twin melody drifts into another - beauties and beasts never were that close to each other!” - Metal Blade.

:chug:

Txus
02-20-2006, 05:31 PM
OMFG, that sounds amazing "double vocal performance"...I think my ears will have an Orgams :p

Daven
02-20-2006, 05:44 PM
Damn, that sounds very good. Another singer will bring a new sound, I'm pretty sure its going to be wicked.

Shadows
02-20-2006, 05:45 PM
I really hope this new guy has a good voice. The dual vocals can either be a total orgasm or a huge downfall.

Flynn
02-21-2006, 05:05 PM
I don't think it will be disapointing at all. These guys have tremendous talent at what they do, although, it's going to be interesting to hear a 5th with them.

btw, Nice avatar :thumb:

Txus
02-21-2006, 05:06 PM
I want a big avatar :upset:

/Totally off topic, FOU ftw.

Shadows
02-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Thanks, I love this new cover. :) I'm really excited, because I'm confident that with this album they'll have everything they need to make the perfect album. Their writing has improved greatly, they've got the talent, and they have the technical resources from a larger label. This is going to be great.

Flynn
02-21-2006, 05:09 PM
Oh definately, Metal Blade is perfect for them. I think FOU will be more noticed in the Melodic Death Metal scene after this album is released. If it's anything like Skywards, I'll be more then happy with it.

Flynn
03-01-2006, 12:16 PM
I just heard A Faint Illumination from Sterling Black Icon, I must say the vocals are definitely more powerful then vocals on Skywards. Nice twin guitars and great drums by Ingo. This album is gonna be awesome, that's all I can say.

Shadows
03-01-2006, 01:40 PM
:eek:

Wherewherewhere!!!???

I found it, listening now. This is good stuff. The vocals haven't changed much other then they are stronger. I can't wait to hear the rest of it.

Daven
03-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Holy crap, i need to listen to that song!!

Shadows
03-02-2006, 09:09 PM
The title track was just posted on the band's site too. I'm about half way through, and it's even better than A Faint Illumination.

Flynn
03-05-2006, 07:59 PM
Both songs are more then what I was expecting, I think the entire album will be great. 12 songs...:)

Shadows
03-22-2006, 09:36 PM
Everyone needs to get this album RIGHT NOW. If you liked Skywards, you'll fucking love Sterling. They really took everything up a notch and improved. The best album of 2006 so far.

Damn, this is so good!

Flynn
03-26-2006, 04:04 PM
I can't stop listening to it! This is some of the best melodic death metal I've ever heard and could easily be the best album this year...and it's still 1st quarter. I'm definitely buying Sterling Black Icon on April 4th, it's worth every penny.