PDA

View Full Version : Shattered_Future's Futures Of Metal #2: Arch Enemy

Shattered_Future
08-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Welcome to the second installment of my ďseriesĒ. Iím tempted to say weekly, but thereís no way Iím gonna be able to turn out one of these a week. Anyway, this one is about one of the greatest melodic death metal bands ever: Arch Enemy.

If you haven't already, please check out my first installment, on Nightwish:
#1: Nightwish (http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372998)

Arch Enemy

Members:
Currently:

Angela Gossow - Vocals
One of the first reactions you get when you first hear Angelaís voice is, ďThereís no way thatís a woman.Ē Angelaís voice is akin to some of the best growlers in metal today. She can belt out extremely evil screams that put alot of male growlers to shame. Her voice is perfect for their music: guttural, brutal, yet melodic, in a sense.

Michael Amott - Lead/Rhythm Guitars
Christopher Amott - Lead/Rhythm Guitars
Thatís right, both guitarists are brothers. I put them together because neither one of them stands out more than the other; they are equally brilliant. Both share lead and rhythm duties equally, and both are severely underrated and can solo as well as todayís best guitarists. Their guitar harmonies are unsurpassed, and both come together to make a whole, and create the backbone of the band.

Sharlee DíAngelo - Bass
Although he doesnít stand out much in the band, Sharlee does his part. He has a couple of nice interludes in different songs, and his bass tone is refreshingly clean, compared with the rest of the band.

Daniel Erlandsson - Drums
This man is a beastly drummer. His double pedal work is impeccable, and he crafts brilliant beats. He has the potential to be a straight-out death metal drummer (which he uses occasionally in some songs), yet knows when to subdue the beats for more emotional parts.

Former Members:
Johan Liiva - Vocals/Bass (Bass on Black Earth only)
Lots who have heard Arch Enemy havenít heard their earlier work with Johan. He has a brutal voice, more so than even Angela. It takes a little while to get used to it, though...it may seem comical at first, as it is neither a full on growl or full on singing. Itís somewhere in the middle. Also, he was a brilliant lyricist, composing lyrics on a few of the bandís songs. He left after the album Burning Bridges.

Martin Bengtsson - Bass
Martin did bass duties for only one album, Stigmata. Although his bass playing suffered from a tuned too low syndrome, he had some brilliant parts throughout their songs. He didnít stand out too much, yet he still did his part. He took over for Johan, allowing the singer to concentrate on vocals.

Peter Wildoer - Drums
Although Daniel Erlandsson is credited as the bandís drummer, Peter Wildoer took over drum duties on Stigmata for some reason or other. Peter was more of a death metal drummer...he had brilliant chops, and could play lightning fast. His drum beats were refreshing and original.

Discography:
Black Earth (1996)
Stigmata (1998)
Burning Bridges (1999)
Burning Japan (1999) *Live Album*
Wages Of Sin (2001)
Burning Angel (2002) *EP, Japan Release Only*
Anthems Of Rebellion (2003)
Dead Eyes See No Future (2004) *EP*
Doomsday Machine (2005)

Arch Enemy got their beginnings in 1996, when the death metal group Carcass broke up. Guitarist Michael Amott, of Carcass and Carnage, teamed up with Johan Liiva, also of Carnage, and recruited Michaelís brother Christopher Amott on guitar and drummer Daniel Erlandsson to begin playing again. Their debut, Black Earth, was released in 1996 on Wrong Again Records. (Interesting Fact: This was considered to be the groupís most agressive release, a trait which was not completely continued, but never forgotten; the groupís later releases still carry an aggressive edge). The group gradually began to gain fans in Japan and Sweden, where they hail from.

Arch Enemy soon switched labels, signing onto Century Media, one of the worldís biggest metal labels. Their next release, Stigmata, was released in 1998, with the addition of Martin Bengtsson on bass, to let Johan concentrate on singing. This album brought the band to an even wider audience, gaining fans in Europe and America.

Martin left the band after this album, and was replaced by Sharlee DíAngelo on bass. This new lineup released Burning Bridges in 1999, which was followed by Burning Japan, a live album. It was only supposed to be a Japan-exclusive release, but was soon released worldwide due to the demands of the groupís fanbase.

Johan left the group in 2001, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Amatuer journalist and death metal vocalist Angela Gossow took the helm of vocals. (Interesting Fact: Some believed the only reason Angela was let into the band was because of her romantic involvement with Michael Amott). She proved to be a competent singer, and was recieved warmly by most fans. The group then released their 2 disc album Wages Of Sin, the first with Angela, in late 2001. (Interesting Fact: After the albumís release, Arch Enemy took part in ďJapanís Beast Feast 2002Ē, playing alongside legendary bands Slayer and Motorhead.)

The group released their next effort, Anthems Of Rebellion, in 2003. It was the fastest selling record Century Media had ever sold, selling 25,000 copies in 3 months in the US alone. They went on tour to support the album. (Interesting Fact: At the closing shows of the tour, Arch Enemy had an unexpected problem: their tourbus had a bug infestation in it). The group then released their EP, Dead Eyes See No Future, in 2004.

Arch Enemy entered the studio once again to record their highly anticipated 6th studio full length. Doomsday Machine was released on July 26th, 2005, to overwhelming appeal. It placed 82nd on the Billboard Charts. (Interesting Fact: Gus G, of Dream Evil and Nightrage fame, took over Christopher Amottís duties as guitarist on the bandís tour, as Christopher wanted to concentrate on his studies).

Shattered_Future
08-06-2005, 06:03 PM
Uploads!!!!

From Black Earth (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album.php?reviewid=3117&genreid=4)
*Look to post 15...thanks HellsBells!*

From Stigmata (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album.php?albumid=3056)
Beast Of Man
hxxp://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=38CBZ3MRTZBGZ15F1HWXPZAG75
This is a more heavy, aggressive song. It has unbelievable drumming, and a great solo as well.

Let The Killing Begin
hxxp://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1OTXTWSB3DQZI10PKB4XS6TOF3
Everything about this song is absolutely perfect. No need to explain more.

Black Earth
hxxp://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2TVOSQED475YH34XO5XRA5TYE8
A personal favorite. Has one of the weirdest solos I've ever heard

Vox Stellarum
hxxp://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0GC657ZP0PIUQ0E2GAPS8Q0ZOG
A short, pretty, yet haunting instrumental, with keyboards courtesy of the band's producer, Fredrick Nordstrom

Bridge Of Destiny
hxxp://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2KHA4NVHUNLMJ0IHCNWDNCNNLQ
By far, the best song Arch Enemy has ever done. The last 2 minutes are 2 of the greatest minutes in music...download this track, no matter what.

From Burning Bridges
*Again, post 15...thanks again to HellsBells.*

From Burning Japan Live
*Don't have the album*

From Wages Of Sin
Enemy Within
hxxp://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3OMRVGK4JMHUC26KWVACIWRR8J

Burning Angel
hxxp://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3QO4YLKQ9T3LP2Z7ZGDEWRCZJ2

Heart Of Darkness
hxxp://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1RH71NR7I71713C74E0AUXBEMX

Ravenous
hxxp://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2I1HKKPNIGK1E3987HEA9O92IW

Savage Messiah
hxxp://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1USDO1PYPJK612GOP651P9WXB4
These are the only tracks I have from WOS...if anybody feels there should be some uploaded that I didn't, don't hesistate to do so.

*More uploads on page 2...thanks, flamesofbodom!*

From Burning Angel
*I doubt anybody has this...however, if you do, uploads will be much appreciated*

From Anthems Of Rebellion
Silent Wars
hxxp://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0WDZ481P4R8V51E9MKWTGWEYEP
Many great leads in this song.

We Will Rise
hxxp://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=32892DQW0HXQI30GJ83RUN37MF
This song has a "driving" feel to it. It shows the band at their more melodic moments.

Dead Eyes See No Future
hxxp://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3KKKXCV28WZ7Z0H6IXD3V5RF23
The chorus in this song is brilliant. Many good, short leads throughout, and the clean interlude in this song is beautiful.

Saints And Sinners
hxxp://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3ALS029MDKLWK35OMJ18BMZ20K
Keyboards are prominant in this song...it's quite good.

From Dead Eyes See No Future
*Don't have album*

From Doomsday Machine (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album.php?reviewid=3111&genreid=4)
Taking Back My Soul
hxxp://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=21GNGO4M3N5BK39D5Z1K9DGRME
A favorite of mine, this song has a beautiful chorus, and is chock full of leads, including a guest lead by Gus G (the second lead is his)

Nemesis
hxxp://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3IIBIIF6VD6152MG1J25DC2X4C
The band's first single. It has a chorus you want to sing along to, and numerous headbangable parts

My Apocalypse
hxxp://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2TBZECG9KSQQ12SPGKLPBPOM4J
This song has an almost jazzy feel to it at parts. A bit slower than the others.

I Am Legend - Out For Blood
hxxp://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0UPAPISY8VEYS0EBT8DO7SKZWN
Another favorite of mine, this is the hardest song on the album. Some great harmonized parts in it.

Skeleton Dance
hxxp://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3GSYD6FQ8ZOKL2WQ0H769OKMLJ
One more favorite of mine...that's why it's here. :p The chorus is extra brutal in this song.

Hells Bells
08-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Yay I get the first post! Great thread once again Shattered Future :thumb:

Those are some interesting facts. I knew about Chis leaving to go to school, I don't know too much about Dream Evil, so I don't know how well Gus will be able to fill in for him. I wonder whether they're going to record an album with him, and what kind of an effect he'd have on the music.

IheartSP
08-06-2005, 06:36 PM
I never knew Gus G was even in Dream Evil, I only know of his Firewind stuff, which I like a lot better.

Good article, I want to download some songs once htey are up, I've heard some stuf here and there and really like them, Angela has a great voice.

Iai
08-06-2005, 06:39 PM
So the future of metal is chicks, right?

The Cynic
08-06-2005, 06:53 PM
You actually did it! Good job, if you need any help with uploads just ask.

Hells Bells
08-06-2005, 06:54 PM

From the bands Shattered_Future is choosing, apparently so :p

You actually did it! Good job, if you need any help with uploads just ask.

Same here. Which albums do you have Cynic?

Shattered_Future
08-06-2005, 07:18 PM

Absolutely. :D

Cynic, if you have any songs from the albums that I don't have, it would be a huge help if you could upload them...a token track or 2 would be perfect.

Bumped for uploads...more to come.

whatduffhuck7
08-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Michael Amott - Lead/Rhythm Guitars
Christopher Amott - Lead/Rhythm Guitars

chris isnt in the band anymore. Gug g from nightrage is taking over for chris. only for tour i think though. idk what the exact status it but chris as of now is not touring with arch enemy, gus G is

Shattered_Future
08-06-2005, 07:32 PM
chris isnt in the band anymore. Gug g from nightrage is taking over for chris. only for tour i think though. idk what the exact status it but chris as of now is not touring with arch enemy, gus G is

Chris technically still IS in the band...he's just been replaced by Gus G for the time being while Arch Enemy goes on tour.

Gus is perfectly capable of doing everything Chris could do...he's a great guitarist.

WOS uploads done. More coming...

EDIT: All uploads are finished. Once again, if anybody has uploads from the albums I don't have, or want to upload other songs that you feel I may have forgotten, or like alot, it would be much appreciated. Thanks again guys. :thumb:

Det_Nosnip
08-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Dude...from "Anthems," you need to have "Instinct" and "Dispecable Heroes." Both are very kick *** tunes. :cool:

panasonic youth
08-06-2005, 09:34 PM
I like them but I dont think theyre the most amazing. The songs (at least the guitar parts) are very simplistic, reminds me of good ol hard rock type stuff.

Shadows
08-06-2005, 10:14 PM
Excellent S_F! I love Arch Enemy. It's too bad you don't have any uploads from Black Earth or Burning Bridges, I was interestred to hear those. Their new album, if I may say, is excellent.

You forgot one interesting fact: Mike left Carcass because he felt the band was getting to be too melodic for his taste, so he started his own band. It then went on to be one of the definitive melodic death bands. :lol:

The Cynic
08-06-2005, 10:42 PM
From the bands Shattered_Future is choosing, apparently so :p

Same here. Which albums do you have Cynic?

Wages Of Sin, Anthems, Doomsday, And a mixed cd with stuff from Black Earth, Stigmata, and Burning Bridges. I'm too poor to afford the earlier ones.

Hells Bells
08-06-2005, 10:54 PM
BLACK EARTH

Bury Me An Angel
http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0WB8ZENN00A7514Y90BYPSX0XH

Dark Insanity
http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=17GABMZVT70322Y6PAW3REIJ8J

Cosmic Retribution
http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2X2P2ZSUXBOY62NRUH8OYOATHE

Fields of Desolation
http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ZKQKGUET2DF72AAD75IYIAV40

BURNING BRIDGES

The Immortal
http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=08BN5ZCWBIGMA183LLVWB29GCL

Pilgrim
http://s52.yousendit.com/d.php?id=2CWOSE95ZQO0O3IGKSHZTVIO0C

Angelclaw
http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3VWZWMAJW4IW022WIXFE69U021

Shadows
08-06-2005, 10:56 PM
^^^ I love you.

Hells Bells
08-06-2005, 10:59 PM
Wages Of Sin, Anthems, Doomsday, And a mixed cd with stuff from Black Earth, Stigmata, and Burning Bridges. I'm too poor to afford the earlier ones.

ok..I was gonna ask whether you wanted to upload stuff from the ones you have, but I posted my uploads like right when you replied. It was hard chosing samples from these albums, there isn't a bad song on them.

You forgot one interesting fact: Mike left Carcass because he felt the band was getting to be too melodic for his taste, so he started his own band. It then went on to be one of the definitive melodic death bands.

Leaving a band he thought was becoming too melodic to start a melodic death metal band...haha :lol: Well, good thing he did :D

The Cynic
08-06-2005, 11:08 PM
BLACK EARTH

Bury Me An Angel
http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0WB8ZENN00A7514Y90BYPSX0XH

Dark Insanity
http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=17GABMZVT70322Y6PAW3REIJ8J

Cosmic Retribution
http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2X2P2ZSUXBOY62NRUH8OYOATHE

Fields of Desolation
http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ZKQKGUET2DF72AAD75IYIAV40

BURNING BRIDGES

The Immortal
http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=08BN5ZCWBIGMA183LLVWB29GCL

Pilgrim
http://s52.yousendit.com/d.php?id=2CWOSE95ZQO0O3IGKSHZTVIO0C

Angelclaw
http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3VWZWMAJW4IW022WIXFE69U021

Awww.... I was beaten to it :upset:. It's cool though If anybody wants else wants some more from Stigmata. Just ask.

Fat people are hard to kidnap
08-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Arch Enemy was one of the first 'real' metal bands i got into, soon after, Children of Bodom followed and to me, owned more than AE, but AE is still too awsome in my books. The amott brothers and musical geniuses, Angela's vocals are (as the TS said) better than alot out there and sound better than some male growlers. The drummer is awsome too, but the bassist i've noticed doesn't do to much, very rarely do i hear the bass and when i do, its nothing special, though it is a nice touch when neither Amott is blazing away with monstorous solos.

seriously, AE is one of the best bands i've ever heard, right up there with Dream Theater, Hammerfall, and Nightwish.

BTW: Liiva's vocals were okay, however, i couldn't stomach how he sounded like he was just yelling, not even screaming or growling. It was a different sound though, which is nice in modern metal bands

LeperAffinity
08-06-2005, 11:13 PM
Johan Liiva = win. Angela's vocals remind me of a somewhat weaker Jeff Walker, but I loved Johan's, as well as the music they wrote back then. Also, I may be nitpicking here, but Johan never left, he was fired from the band.

Shadows
08-06-2005, 11:14 PM
Why was Johan kicked out?

Heavy0metal0freak
08-06-2005, 11:28 PM
correct:smoke:

/postcount +

anyways good job

LeperAffinity
08-06-2005, 11:31 PM
Why was Johan kicked out?
I don't recall the exact reason, I just remember reading it an interview with him. I think it may have been over the phone as well.

Apocalyptic Raids
08-06-2005, 11:58 PM
I think they were unsatisfied with his live performances.

Fat people are hard to kidnap
08-07-2005, 01:32 AM
also, the Michaels solo from Burning Angel on Wages of Sin really turned me against stuff like Slipknot, Linkin Park, you know, the bands alot of us used to really like before...

Seriously, when i heard that, it killed every other band i liked, no lie, it was wierd, like i had a sudden realization in life, it was awsome and it all really changed not only my musical tastes, but my life in general. I know, cheesy that a solo could do that, but somehow, it did.

Darkest Hour
08-07-2005, 02:00 AM
When i first listened to them i thought it was guy singin. Excellent band though, its good to see a woman vocalist

Shattered_Future
08-07-2005, 10:24 AM
Good morning bump. Good to see a lot of people like Arch Enemy. :)

HellsBells, you are to be commended. Thanks a bunch. :chug:

Cynic, if you have any other songs from Wages Of Sin that you feel I missed, don't hesitate to upload them..those were the only songs i had from Wages Of Sin.

I wrote this using a Wikipedia biography...it was the most complete one. :p So there may be a few omissions...

flamesofbodom
08-07-2005, 10:55 AM
This thread is awesome. I needed the older stuff badly.

If you have any other songs from Wages Of Sin that you feel I missed, don't hesitate to upload them..those were the only songs i had from Wages Of Sin.

Snowbound (Instrumental)
hxxp://s55.yousendit.com/d.php?id=26OVDGL635S00MJZBD4WMIMO

Starbreaker (Judas Priest Cover)
hxxp://s55.yousendit.com/d.php?id=LZ3Q1FEQJIOC350T6P4SR6YO0

Aces High (Iron Maiden Cover)
hxxp://s55.yousendit.com/d.php?id=2F1R3HPFQJ9CG1NNWCRGCHHB4K

Diva Satanica
hxxp://s55.yousendit.com/d.php?id=199GFD7U1AU83DZL7PQO988W0
This song was mixed during the Stigmata sessions but never released (except on the Japanese version).

Fields of Desolation '99
hxxp://s55.yousendit.com/d.php?id=28DJJX0GY6CKINWKJ2BIAK0S
This was remade from the song off Black Earth and was supposed to be on Burning Bridges but was never released (except on the Japanese version).

Hydra (Instrumental)
hxxp://s55.yousendit.com/d.php?id=2GA5YVD9JYJOS1S8F43G7UYDCS
This song was mixed during the Stigmata sessions (was on the Japanese version) but was added to Europe's digipack of Burning Bridges. Keyboards courtesy of Fredrik Nordstrom.

Shadows
08-07-2005, 11:02 AM
Those Burning Bridges songs kick ass. I despreately need old Arch Enemy...that one and Stigmata.

/listens to Black Earth

Shattered_Future
08-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Thanks flamesofbodom. You will be commended too. :thumb:

IMO, older Arch Enemy > newer. The older stuff just had SOO many more great solos. It also had an unprecedented aggressive edge that the newer stuff doesnt' come close to at all.

Shadows
08-07-2005, 11:33 AM
I agree, but the new stuff isn't all bad. It has some great melodies and guitar leads, with good riffs all around (esp. intro to Enemy Within).

But right now I'm listening to Black Earth. The old stuff is much better. :upset:

Shattered_Future
08-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Arch Enemy hasn't put out anything that's BAD...just their newer stuff just doesn't hold a candle to their older for some reason.

Shadows
08-07-2005, 11:50 AM
I agree. Their older stuff was very melodic and technical, like their newer stuff, but has a more aggressive feel. I love it. Excellent writeup! I never heard about the Michael Amott/Angela Gassow scandal.

/me writes Black Earth review

MAthiAS
08-07-2005, 12:03 PM
Awesome job man, I love Arch Enemy. The new album is ace.

And I didn't know that about Angela... interesting...

Invicta_Veritas
08-07-2005, 12:17 PM
I own Anthems of Rebellion and have heard some songs off the new album and i think they are badass, but i need to check out thier older stuff badly. Hell, I still need to get In Flames' first couple of albums.

BTW, is the new CoB out yet?

Shadows
08-07-2005, 12:20 PM
BTW, is the new CoB out yet?
Not until September 19.

/continues Black Earth review

NP: Carcass - Inpropagation

Shattered_Future
08-07-2005, 01:29 PM
/Doomsday Machine review in the works. :D

I Am Legend - Out For Blood is such a killer song...

Shadows
08-07-2005, 01:32 PM
You took Doomsday Machine!!!??? :mad:

Just for that, I've got dibs on Black Earth AND Burning Bridges you bastard.

And don't be surprised if you wake up and find a Wages of Sin review done too. :mad:

Shattered_Future
08-07-2005, 01:36 PM
You took Doomsday Machine!!!??? :mad:

Just for that, I've got dibs on Black Earth AND Burning Bridges you bastard.

And don't be surprised if you wake up and find a Wages of Sin review done too. :mad:

Fine, I don't have any of those anyway. :p

I only review albums I have...next is gonna be Anthems Of Rebellion. :D

-Listy-
08-07-2005, 01:41 PM
I have kinda went off then since Wages of Sin, which is one of my favourite metal albums, i need to get the albums with Johan Liiva :upset:, I will probably get Doomsday Machine as well though :).
The Ammot brothers are great, always good guitar work.

Vultures! the uploads arent working now :angry:

Shattered future, could you please re upload some, none from Wages of sin, and i got the ones from Black Earth, i wanna hear Bridge of Destiny, it sounds good.

Shadows
08-07-2005, 01:53 PM
I only review albums I have...next is gonna be Anthems Of Rebellion. :D
That sounds fair. I have all of the ones I mentioned except Burning Bridges. I'll see if I can write them all today. :D

You know, between the two of us, we might as well review the entire Arch Enemy discography.

Shattered_Future
08-07-2005, 02:15 PM
That sounds fair. I have all of the ones I mentioned except Burning Bridges. I'll see if I can write them all today. :D

You know, between the two of us, we might as well review the entire Arch Enemy discography.

Sounds like fun... :p

If i finish this one today...hmm. I'm going on vacation...I wonder if i can write a review in 4 days. I'm babysitting for 2 of them, almost the whole day, and friend's coming over another day.

Maybe if I'm motivated enough, i can crank out another one. :D

EDIT: The uploads aren't working? I uploaded them yesterday though...???
Maybe people kept downloading them.

Hold on, I'll reup Bridge Of Destiny...want any others?

EDIT 2: Here's Bridge Of Destiny again.

hxxp://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2WA2M02KUX0GI0C48KTPU9B9OF

If you want others reuploaded, don't hesitate to ask.

Lord Abortion
08-07-2005, 02:29 PM
good band, I like angela's vocals...and she's hot too... what more can you ask for

NP-Burzum- hvis lyset tar oss
(no relevance)

Shadows
08-07-2005, 02:29 PM
A review in 4 days? How long does it usually take you to do one?

EDIT: Dammit dude, you've got me in a serious Arch enemy mood. :) I need to find an AE avatar now.

Flynn
08-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Nice thread :thumb: I absolutely love Arch Enemy. The video to We Shall Rise is awesome! Enemy Within is my fav Arch Enemy song.

About their bass player, Sharlee D'Angelo, Isn't he in Mercyful Fate and Witchery?

Shattered_Future
08-07-2005, 03:03 PM
A review in 4 days? How long does it usually take you to do one?

EDIT: Dammit dude, you've got me in a serious Arch enemy mood. :) I need to find an AE avatar now.

I did all of Doomsday Machine today :) . It usually takes me...a few days to write a review, depending on how much I want to write.

By the way, the Doomsday Machine review is up now...go comment on it. :thumb:

Flynn, yes, i believe Sharlee was in those bands...he was in quite a few bands.

Yes, Angela's purty. :p

http://www.neighbourof666.blogger.com.br/angela001.jpg

Shadows
08-07-2005, 03:30 PM
So..are you going to link to your Doomsday review in the band bio? And maybe my reviews as I finish them? :)

Shattered_Future
08-07-2005, 03:33 PM
So..are you going to link to your Doomsday review in the band bio? And maybe my reviews as I finish them? :)

It took me like 10 minutes to do the first one...kept screwing up. :lol:

Might as well...need more comments. :p

Shadows
08-07-2005, 03:39 PM
It took me like 10 minutes to do the first one...kept screwing up. :lol:

Might as well...need more comments. :p
It took you 10 minutes to edit the link in? Was it your first time or something? :lol:

Shattered_Future
08-07-2005, 06:28 PM
This deserves more front-page action. :thumb:

Maybe i exaggerated a bit...it took longer than it should have though.

IheartSP
08-07-2005, 06:38 PM
Shattered Future since you are so into female singers, I strongly suggest you check out the Italian powermetal band Dark Moor. She has a great voice and the music is pretty sweet.

Shattered_Future
08-07-2005, 06:58 PM
Shattered Future since you are so into female singers, I strongly suggest you check out the Italian powermetal band Dark Moor. She has a great voice and the music is pretty sweet.

I remember this band...their website had a video that took an hour to download, and then didn't have any sound... :mad:

Gonna download their mp3 now instead, and see if that's any better.

Shadows
08-07-2005, 07:31 PM
http://www.musicianforums.com/sputnik/album.php?reviewid=3117&genreid=4

Everyone go post in my Black Earth review! :)

/feels bad for whoring reviews :upset:

Shattered_Future
08-07-2005, 07:42 PM
http://www.musicianforums.com/sputnik/album.php?reviewid=3117&genreid=4

Everyone go post in my Black Earth review! :)

/feels bad for whoring reviews :upset:

Everybody whores their reviews man...don't feel bad. :)

It is now in the Uploads section as well.

EDIT: IheartSP, do you have any uploads of Dark Moor with their female singer? The only mp3 they had was with their male singer... :angry:

IheartSP
08-07-2005, 08:00 PM
I'm uploading a song now...

Hells Bells
08-07-2005, 08:10 PM
Great :thumb:

About their bass player, Sharlee D'Angelo, Isn't he in Mercyful Fate and Witchery?

And Sinergy, another good band with female vocals. Are you planning to do them in this series Shattered Future?

/NP Fields of Desolation

Shattered_Future
08-07-2005, 08:19 PM
Whoa...people are expecting more?? :p

I dunno...I'll worry about that AFTER i get home from vacation (which I'm leaving for on thursday).

Flynn
08-07-2005, 08:39 PM
Whoa...people are expecting more?? :p

I dunno...I'll worry about that AFTER i get home from vacation (which I'm leaving for on thursday).

Where did you go for Vacation?

Shattered_Future
08-07-2005, 08:59 PM
Where did you go for Vacation?

Cape Cod. We own a timeshare up there...pretty sweet.

LeperAffinity
08-07-2005, 09:43 PM
-From Boston

Massachusetts ist krieg. :cool:

Arrakakaka
08-07-2005, 09:46 PM
Not a bad thing :naughty:

Nice work, I like these guys.

Shadows
08-07-2005, 10:03 PM
-From Boston

Massachusetts ist krieg. :cool:
The 'K' in Krieg should be capitalized.

And I don't understand...Mass. is war? :confused:

LeperAffinity
08-07-2005, 10:54 PM
Black metal joke, too lazy to explain.

Shattered_Future
08-07-2005, 10:59 PM
Let me see if i understand it...

Massachusetts is where the Pilgrims landed...they were very into the Christian religion, and still are today.

However, every black metaler's favorite activity is church burning...

So, there is war between BMers and Christians??

IheartSP
08-07-2005, 11:38 PM
Unfortunately I can't upload you a song...

IheartSP
08-08-2005, 12:04 AM
nvm...

hxxp://s65.yousendit.com/d.php?id=2A1QMV12INOKW4YHH1OQJAPC8

It's called A Truth For Me

Shadows
08-08-2005, 12:07 AM

Massachusetts is where the Pilgrims landed...they were very into the Christian religion, and still are today.

Come on now guys, I love black metal. :mad:

I'd say that description would make sense. Since apparently someone is too good to just tell us what it means. (hatred)

IheartSP
08-08-2005, 12:19 AM
I just realized that hte song I uploaded didn't finish and it's only like 30 seconds long :lol: I'll upload another

IheartSP
08-08-2005, 12:23 AM
hxxp://s64.yousendit.com/d.php?id=1TWQK682WY80ZVL6AFZWGJ4O

this one isn't as good a song but it's actually the full thing...

It's call Dragon Into Fire

Shattered_Future
08-08-2005, 10:09 AM
Thanks dude. :thumb:

Nice avatar ShadowsFallen. :)

Jondur
08-08-2005, 10:17 AM

It's from the album "Black Metal ist Krieg". It's become an in joke to say that anything is "krieg". Hence you could say "Arch Enemy ist Krieg". However, you would be wrong. It would be more correct to say Arch Enemy ist Scheisse.

Hells Bells
08-08-2005, 11:37 AM
It's from the album "Black Metal ist Krieg". It's become an in joke to say that anything is "krieg". Hence you could say "Arch Enemy ist Krieg". However, you would be wrong. It would be more correct to say Arch Enemy ist Scheisse.

or Arch Enemy ist die scheisse :cool:
What do you have against Arch Enemy? Thanks for explaining by the way Jondur.

Jondur
08-08-2005, 11:51 AM
I have a myriad of complaints against Arch Enemy. For starters Mike Amott left Carcass because he thought Heartwork was too soft. He then starts a band that sounds exactly like Heartwork.

Then he sacks the legendary Johann Lliva and gets his missus on vox! She is totally unspectacular on vocals but just looks pretty - a crude attempt to pander to their mainly pubescent fanbase.

I could go on....

IheartSP
08-08-2005, 11:52 AM
I think that Angela has a great voice, and who cares if he went back on his word, they turned out to be a great melodeath band.

Invicta_Veritas
08-08-2005, 12:04 PM
I have a myriad of complaints against Arch Enemy. For starters Mike Amott left Carcass because he thought Heartwork was too soft. He then starts a band that sounds exactly like Heartwork.

Then he sacks the legendary Johann Lliva and gets his missus on vox! She is totally unspectacular on vocals but just looks pretty - a crude attempt to pander to their mainly pubescent fanbase.

I could go on....

Somebody's a Death metal grump today.

Anyway, i don't give a **** if angela was the most horrible looking chick in the world, she sounds decent and I like the music.

Shadows
08-08-2005, 01:38 PM
Nice avatar ShadowsFallen. :)
Thanks for noticing. :) I like the Stigmata cover art better than anything else from their early days.

Shattered_Future
08-08-2005, 02:38 PM
Really? I thought Black Earth has some awesome cover art.

You ever see the other cover for Stigmata?

http://home.tiscali.be/krisverwimp/images/arch.h18.jpg

Shadows
08-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Yeah, I've seen it. Do you know what the difference is? I thought one might've been a re-release or something.

I like the cover art for Black Earth, as it's very dark and unusual. I prefer Stigmata because it actually says 'Arch enemy' and is the first album to have the Arch Enemy logo. :)

metalhead_matt
10-11-2005, 03:14 AM
great thread, well done shattered future

there's loads of arch enemy fans on these forums, i cant beleive this thread isnt posted in everyday

anyway, shattered future, do you want me to upload the remaining songs on doomsday machine?

and another thing, arch enemy gig in manchester on 26th september...did it get rescheduled?

metalhead_matt
10-11-2005, 03:26 AM
oh and it would be cool if you changed the thread title, like you did with the nightwish thread

could do:
Enter The Machine: The Arch Enemy Thread

Maneatingbrick
10-11-2005, 04:11 AM
I saw arch enemy live last year with dark tranquility and the haunted. That was awsome.

Kronos
10-11-2005, 06:44 AM
Mike, I don't have any Arch Enemy. If you want me to be able to help keep this thread going, I really ought to have some......
/large hint there... :D

metalhead_matt
10-11-2005, 02:01 PM
none of the songs work in the first post
is that coz there illegal now?

Shattered_Future
10-11-2005, 02:13 PM
No, it's cause you bumped this thread after it COMPLETELY disappearing off the radar on the 8th of August.

The links are over 2 months old now. :p

Um...I might send some people a sampler this weekend of some Arch Enemy, depending on the time that I have.

Leper Affinity
10-11-2005, 02:26 PM
No way! I just pulled out some Arch Enemy lasy night. :) I underestimated how good Doomsday Machine was, and I'm in the mood for some Black Earth right now.

Shattered_Future
10-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Hah, my friend was wondering what happened to this thread today...

It pops up out of nowhere.

I listened to some Arch Enemy for the first time in a while today too...Doomsday Machine = uberawesome.

metalhead_matt
10-11-2005, 02:52 PM
arch enemy are like my 2nd favourite band, and this thread should be as popular as others.
change thread title so its similar to your nightwish one (which is also a good thread btw, well done) change it to Enter The Machine: The Arch Enemy Thread :p
well, its your thread, its up to you

Shattered_Future
10-11-2005, 04:12 PM
Meh, maybe some time in the future...I got lots to do today.

Turns out I have one less day for this DM comp than I thought... :eek:

Leper Affinity
10-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Turns out I have one less day for this DM comp than I thought... :eek:
WWWHHHHAAATTTTT!!!!!?????

Shattered_Future
10-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Well, I thought the deadline was until the 14th..turns out its only til the 13th.

Still leaving the same day though...I have the rest of tonight and tomorrow to finish it.

Leper Affinity
10-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Oh okay. You frightened me for a second.

So...Arch Enemy is pretty good...

Shattered_Future
10-11-2005, 04:45 PM
Hah, it's what I do.

Yes, Arch Enemy is quite good.

Million dollar question: Pre-Gossow Arch Enemy or modern day (with Gossow) Arch Enemy?

metalhead_matt
10-18-2005, 02:57 AM
Hah, it's what I do.

Yes, Arch Enemy is quite good.

Million dollar question: Pre-Gossow Arch Enemy or modern day (with Gossow) Arch Enemy?

modern day i say

spoon_of_grimbo
11-02-2005, 04:01 PM
dunno if anyone else noticed this or mentioned it (i havn't got the patience to read 4 pages of the thread lol) but, when i saw the video for "the immortal" (unsure of which album it's from, but its got johan on vocals, the first i've heard of his work, as i currently only own wages and doomsday), i thought johan's vocals weren't a million miles away from those of The Haunted's Peter Dolving. anyone agree?