PDA

View Full Version : Favourite 10 Albums of all time !!!

Angry Balled Fists!
07-04-2005, 11:19 AM
So, what are your 10 favourite albums of al time, and why ?

Mine are :

1. Rancid - ...And out come the wolves
Well, it's a classic. From the opening Maxwell Murders, with that Bass Line to the closing, chanty Avenues and Alleyways it's all gold. No-album has given me such please listneing to. I got it on my Birthday a few years ago, and i was blown away.
Best songs - Junkie Man, Journey to the end of the east bay and Avenues and Alleyways.

2. Alkaline Trio - Good Mourning
My favourite Trio album, has a nice variety of tracks. The lyrics are amazing, and features some of their best work. The vocals are the strong pint for me, the pair duel up for some amazing songs, most notbale is the chorus to Emma.
Best songs - Emma, This could be love and Every thug needs a lady.

3. NOFX - Punk in Drublic
NOFX's best album, Punk in Drublic is hen they broke into the mainstream and has som many memorable tracks on it. It's funny, fast and happy. The lyrics are not to be taking meaningfuly, and it's full of silly songs. It's why we love them.
Best songs - Linoleum, Jeff wears Birkensotcks, Reeko.

4. Taking Back Sunday - Tell all your friends
Excellent. I can't believe i went so long without listneing to them. Amazing songs, amazing vocals and amazing music. From the poppy, Cute without the E, to the heavier Head Club, its all good.he two vocalists link up is superb. The PERFECT Summer record.
Best songs - Head Club, The ballad of San Villanueva and Great Romances of the 20th century.

5. Thrice - The Illusion Of Safety
God, i love this album, every song is great. I love everything about it. Fast, heavy and emotional. Amazing guitar work. From the slower Trust to the super fast A Subtle Dagger, it's an amazing album all round. I'm constantly humming/singing the music.
Best songs - A Subtle Dagger, Betrayal is a symptom and The Red death

6. Operation Ivy - Energy
Pre- Rancid goodness. 29 songs of fast, furious punk and ska. Catchy, happy, funky, good music. You can't really sum up how amazing and influential this album is.
Best songs - Knowledge, Sound System and I've got no.

7. Rancid - Let's Go
An amazing Rancid album, 22 tracks of fast, non-stop rock and roll.
The introduction of Lars to the band certainy added something new to Rancid. You will be chanting, singing and shouting along to this for years.
Best song - Nihlism, Radio and Burn

8. Rise Against - Revolutions Per Minute
Superb. Fast, melodic, hard. The vocals are great and the guitar work is great. A very influential album for me. Full of great songs, includes the anthem, Like the Angel.
Best songs - Black Masks and Gasoline, Like The Angel and Heaven Knows.

9. Brand New - Deja Entendu
Very different to their fist album. This is a lot mellower, but the musicianship is amazing and the songs are superb. The album has so much variety aswell, formt he jazzy Jaws them swimming to the punky The Quiet things that no-one ever knows. The lyrics are excellent and is full of quality tracks.
Best songs - Sic Transit Gloria, The Boy Who blocked his own shot and Guernica.

10. Alkaline Trio - From here to Infirmary
Lovely album, the band work great together in this and many call it their best album. As dark and deep as ever this album surely does feature some classics.
Best songs - Private Eye, Take lots with alcohol and Another Innocent Girl.

Go :thumb:

Kif
07-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Of all time? Shit, this is going to take some time

BRB

Angry Balled Fists!
07-04-2005, 11:33 AM
eh, it's blood hard to do.

I tried to do mine without having too many albums form the same band in it.

Oz Rembrandt
07-04-2005, 11:38 AM
1. From Here to Infirmary - The Alkaline Trio
My Introduction to the Mighty Trio, and this album firmly cemented them as my Favourite band of all time. Dark, Angry and beautiful.
Fav Songs: Mr. Chainsaw, Another Innocent Girl, Hell Yes

2. 1039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours - Green Day
Raw, and full of young excited energy, Green Day's first album still send a shiver up my my spine to this day, I love the sound of the poor mixing.
Fav Songs: Green Day, Paper Lanterns, Dry Ice

3. Static Age - The Misfits
Dark, Dark album, and back in Danzig days. This is an album that has changed my life.
Fav Songs: Last Caress, Return of Fly, Bullet

4. Sing the Sorrow - afi
Melancholy is how I see this album. Its beautifully constructed, musical genius and lyrically genius. This album brought the band to my attention.
Fav Songs: Bleed Black, Girls Not Grey, Dancing Through Sunday

5. Everything Sucks - The Descendents
This is true pop-punk. Songs about not wanting to grow up, and loving your best friend, its sheer teen angst genius. Fantastic bassplaying too.
Fav Songs: I'm The One, When I get Old

6. Pinkerton - Weezer
The Nerds got Darker! This album has so much emotion of teen life and breakup romances, backed with musical genius. I love it.
Fav Songs: Why Bother?, The Good Life, El Scorcho

7. ...and Out Come the Wolves - Rancid
My favourite album by this band, I love everything about it. The shouting, the lyrics of Dispear and boredom, the bass playing! Its all good.
Fav Songs: Maxwell Murder, Time Bomb, Olympia WA

8. Goddammit! - The Alkaline Trio
Gritty, less dramatic than later offerings, this album speak more about real life than later ones. Dan's Bass sounds gorgeous.
Fav Songs: Nose Over Tail, Southern Rock, Trouble Breathing

9. Staring at the Sea - The Cure
Beautiful, lyrical genius. Robert Smith's vocals are truly haunting, and the basslines are flowing and intresting, yet simple.
Fav Songs: Boys Don't Cry, The Lovecats, Jumping Someone Else's Train

10. Nimrod - Green Day
Their most talented album to date in my opinion, Billies songwrighting is at its most mature, and the bands playing is at its peak.
Fav Songs: Nice Guys Finish Last, Scattered, Worry Rock

Angry Balled Fists!
07-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Good work, i was going to have Sing the sorrow in mine, but there was no room...

Kif
07-04-2005, 11:43 AM
I thought you liked Where You Want To Be more than Tell All Your Friends?

Angry Balled Fists!
07-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Meh, i did, but i thought about it and i don't anymore..

It's not quite as good.
It should be in my list, but i wanted room for bands which don't have an album in..

BassPlayer222
07-04-2005, 12:02 PM
1.And Out Come The Wolves- Rancid
my favorite album at the moment. Every song is great. Matt freeman is one of the greatest bass players ever and Tim can really write some great songs.

2.Dookie- Green Day
The album that really made me wanna be part of the whole punk scene. Song after song of pure pop punk goodness

3.Ixnay On THe Hombre-The Offspring
The album that made me fall in love with the Offspring. Not one song on it i dont like. When i first got that album i listened to it for 5 days straight, i just couldnt put it down.

4.All Killer No Filler- Sum 41
Probably the most meaningful album to me personally. It was the first album i ever bought and it was the album that got me into the whole punk and pop punk scene. Even now the songs on it are still awesome and fun to listen to.

5.London Calling- The Clash
It really opened the doors of 70's punk rock for me. I really enjoy it becuase although it has the same punk rock attitude its done with style and good musicianship.

6.Sex, Love, and Rock n Roll- Social Distortion
The best album i bought this year. Finally Social Distortion are back after 8 years and this album couldnt have been a better some back. From Reach for the Sky all the the way to Angels Wings, i love every song, Mike Ness has definatly not lost his touch.

7. Everything Goes Numb- Streetlight Manifesto
The best ska album i ever heard. This album really made me fall in love with ska. One day i was in the cd store and saw it laying on the ground. I heard they were good so i gave it a listen. No Regrets.

8.Energy- Operation Ivy
Truly a great album. Its not just sh'itty 12 song one, its got 29 and all are incredible. This album really captured the East Bay punk scene and all the bands in it. The love of Gillmen Street and Lookout Records that the band had is really put in this album. RIP OP IV

9.Senses Fail- Let It Enfold You
The album that got me into screamo. The band has all great musicians and they write some of the best lyrics. This album is deffinatly the perfect album when your angry. I really enjoy it.

10. Descendents- Cool Too Be You
A perfect pop punk album. The band truly shines. It has a large variety from angry songs to songs about being bored to even a few love songs. This shows Descendents at their best and although many people dont agree IMO its the best work Descendents have ever done.

Jersey's Best Dancer
07-04-2005, 12:13 PM
In order:

Flogging Molly - Swagger A clash of Ireland's folk music and brute punk rock, it is an album that is very enjoyable. From the fast songs like Salty Dog and Devil's Dance Floor, to the great flok songs like The Worst Day SInce Yesterday and These Exiled Years.
Best Songs: Salty Dog, Selfish Man, The Like of You Again, Devil's Dance Floor

Dropkick Murphys - The Gang's All Here The first album with Al Barr doing lead vocals and he didn't dissapoint. It is a fast and energetic album were you just get a little taste of the irish influences they use later on down the line. This is definently a classic punk rock album from DKM along with Do or Die,
Best Songs: Pipebomb on Lansdowne, Curse of a Fallen Soul, The Fighting 69th, The Gang's All Here

Mad Caddies - Duck and Cover The caddies second release that fuses the most punk into their ska "dance anthems" then any other album. It starts off w/ the classic Road Rash ska song then right into a hard skacore song. This album is probably best know for its AMAZING horn line in the song Monkeys. If you play the trumpet or trombone, you should worship this song.
Best Songs: Road Rash, Macho Nachos, Monkeys, apathetic, Medium Unwell

Rancid - Let's Go! This album is one ofthe few albums I have that every song is fast, catchy and makes you wanna break stuff at the same time. It got me hooked right from when I heard Nihilism until 7 Years Down. A must have for fun, fast punk lovers.
Best Songs: Nihilism, Let's Go, Ghetto Box, St. Mary, International Cover Up

Tiger Army - S/T The band that intraduced me to Psychobilly. This is a great disply of punk, psychobilly and rockabilly. It starts of with an energetic prelude and then kicks into Nocturnal, which has a schweet bass line. A stand out song is Twenty Flight Rock because it is an actual rockabilly song and is an extremely fun song to hear live.
Best Songs: Nocturnal, Never Die, Twenty Flight Rock, Werecat

The Briggs - Numbers This album is amazing and it's the only one I recommend that everyone get. It starts of with a crazy anthem song which makes you want to pump your fist and sing along. Then there is a lot of good Oi! punk songs. Not one dissapoints. They have a celtic-Oi! song called Dead Men (Don't Tell Tales) which is a great song, especially by an Oi! band.
Best Songs: The whole album, but the Bestest are: 3rd World War, Media Control, Face Off, Red Alert, Head Shrink Dead Shrink

Rise Against - Revolutions Per Minute A classic medolic hardcore album. It ranges from pop punk to "in your face" hardcore. It is an album that most punk fans could enjoy. It's transitions from hardcore to punk throughout the album keeps you intune with whats playing, not just like every song rolls into the next
Best Songs: Dead Ringer, Last Chance Blueprint, Torches, To the Core

Streetlight Manifesto - Everything Goes Numb I don't really need to explain this album. Everyone knows how great they are. Their mix of ska and punk is like Keasby Nights with a twist. A great ska album that every ska fan should have.
Best Songs: Everything Went Numb, Point/Counterpoint, We are the Few, A moment of Violence

Street Dogs - Back To the World The 2nd album from former DKM front man Mike McColgan. You hear a little DKM in the album, but it is truly a new sound from them. From union songs to songs about drinking, this album is a fun album to listen to and a great band live.
Best Songs: Strike A Blow, In Defense of Dorchester, Drink Tonight, Hands Down

Lars Frederiksen and the Bastards - Viking If you haven't heard them before, you might think it'sa Rancid spin-off, but it a totally different feel. I would call it "Motorcycle Punk" cause if that was a genre, this would fit nice. It starts off with 3 really fast songs and then goes into 1%, which is a great song. The last song on the cd is called The Viking, which is about Lars and his life.
Best Songs - Skins Punx and Drunx, Fight, Switchblade, The Kids are Quiet on Sharmon Palms, Streetwise Professor

Kif
07-04-2005, 12:14 PM
10. The Offspring - Ixnay On The Hombre
"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the disclaimer!" These are the first words you hear when you put on this magnificent piece of punk-rock. Once the joke that is "Disclaimer" is over and done, you are treated to 13 pure pop-punk anthems, filled with the classic Offspring "Woah"'s and fast beats. I always thought this is the best Offspring record, some may disagree but that's just me. It's the borderline between their punk-rock roots and just making pop anthems for the masses. That's probably why I like it so much.

Best track: "Gone Away"

9. Brand New - Your Favourite Weapon
I really wanted to put this ahead of TAYF just to piss of US Dan. The fact that both are quite similar just made the choice harder, but this album falls slightly. Nevertheless, this is one hell of a pop-punk record. Jesse's high-school songwriting skills show here, with lots of angst behind his lyrics (See "Jude Law And A Semester Abroad" and "Seventy Times 7"). But still, he manages to pull off the charm with slower tracks like "Mix Tape" and the acoustic and gritty "Soco Amaretto Lime". It's hard not to like this CD if you like Deja Entendu.

Best track: "Seventy Times 7"

8. Blink-182 - Dude Ranch
From the minute this album begins, you have to appreciate how much fun Blink had when they made it. I mean, songs on this album like "Voyeur", a tale of a peeper, "A New Hope", a tribute to Star Wars", and "Emo", a blatent shot at the genre, really prove the band's old pop-punk style. This album was Blink at their finest, with lots of simple 3 chord melodies and bad singing. But in the end, it's Blink. They could make a CD which is just them shitting for an hour and people would lap it up. So everyone praise this CD like it should be praised, because this is the best of Blink.

Best track: "Pathetic"

7. Sum 41 - Does This Look Infected?
This album is really underated in my opinion. It's a collection of fantastically played pop-punk songs filled with "meaningful" lyrics. It's nothing that special on paper, but when you listen to it, you begin to realize how good of a band Sum 41 are. They can mix the heavy feel of metal with the catchy side of pop-punk together so well, and it's on this CD it shows best. Granted, from "The Hell Song" to "Hooch", most songs will sound the same. But they are so spectacular, it's just so fun to listen to. And then there's the trademark Sum 41 joke songs at the end. A little bit of a bonus for us Brits, and they make me smile everytime I hear them

Best track: "Hooch"

6. Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends
When I first heard "You Know How I Do", and Adam started singing "So sick, so sick of being tired/And oh so tired of being sick", I knew what I was in for. A CD with 10 cheerful songs filled with tongue-in-cheek lyrics and excellent riffs. And this album really does deliver. You can't not like this CD, it's just so happy. Adam's voice might not be the greatest, but you can't help but sing along to the lyrics when you listen to this record. And the music is great as well for a pop-punk album; it's fast and hard, but at the same time it's melodic and amazing.

Best track: "Timberwolves At New Jersey"

5. Millencolin - Pennybridge Pioneers
In terms of the pop-punk I listen to now, I think this is the first album to get me into it. It's just filled with skate-punk anthems that just make you want to move around all the time. I find myself singing along to a lot of the lyrics everytime I put this CD on. Sure, it isn't musically amazing, but in terms of the genre it's in, this album does it's job of creating anthems and feel-good songs to listen to. Even the finale, "The Ballad", an acoustic song which turns electric, is cheery (Even if the theme is a depressed person who's alone).

Best track: "Penguins And Polarbears"

4. Finch - What It Is To Burn
It's no secret that Finch pretty much started the scene and the music we listen to today. Their ability to mix hardcore and heavy rhythms with catchy pop-punk melodies and lyrics really shines on this CD. And clocking in at just over 1 hour, it's hard to pick a favourite. There is a lot of variety on this CD as well. The poppy theme that is "Letters To You", the chaotically driven "Project Mayhem" or the ballad-esque "Ender" all serve as fantastic anthems for the pop-punk world of the 21st century.

Best track: "What It Is To Burn"

3. Fall Out Boy - Take This To Your Grave
My new favourite band. This was probably one of the best of 2003, and is still high up in my list now (As you can see). It's filled with infectious melodies and angst-ridden lyrics (See "Tell That Mick He Just Made My List Of Things To Do Today), but at the same time, you can see the band never taking themselves too seriously and having fun with their music (See "Chicago Is So Two Years Ago"). Fall Out Boy have risen to become stars of the pop-punk scene, always expressing their hate for how fashion and accessories has to play a part in it. This CD expresses their views so well, and deserves to be in anyone's collection

Best track: "Tell That Mick He Just Made My List Of Things To Do Today"

2. The Get Up Kids - Something To Write Home About
I took this band 4 years to create this album, but I'm so thankful they did. This album is packed to the brim with catchy pop-punk numbers filled with emotive lyrics. Matt's voice is at it's best on this CD, sounding very powerful and passionate in every song. From the slide intro to "Holiday" to the 'lighters at the ready" piano-based anthem that is "I'll Catch You", this CD is amazing.

Best track: "I'll Catch You"

1. Brand New - Deja Entendu
Most people here know I am obsessed with this band. This is a masterpiece as far as I am concerned. Lyrically and musically, the album takes you on a journey through sex, drink and guilt and you can feel Jesse pouring his heart out in every song on this. And the music, it's ever-changing. From the jazzy "Sic Transit Gloria... Glory Fades" and "Jaws Theme Swimming" to the acoustic "The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot" and "Play Crack The Sky" to the pure pop-punk "The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows" and "Guernica", every song has it's moment on this CD.

Best track: "Okay I Believe You, But My Tommy Gun Don't"

Angry Balled Fists!
07-04-2005, 12:19 PM
Great work Kif :thumb:

Gnarmageddon
07-04-2005, 12:20 PM
I don't think it would be possible for me to do this. I might think about it later when I have more time.

Kif
07-04-2005, 12:27 PM
I changed my list round so many times. I had White Trash, Two Heebs And A Bean in there at one time, but had to bump it out :(

Angry Balled Fists!
07-04-2005, 12:28 PM
Haha, same. I had Pump up the valuum and Stranger than Fiction in mine at one point...

Twat_Out_Of_Hell
07-04-2005, 01:07 PM
NOFX- White Trash, Two Heebs And A Bean

NOFX- So Long And Thanks For All The Shoes

Rise Against- Revolutions Per Minute

Bad Religion- Suffer

Lightyear- Chris Gentleman's Hairdresser

Descendents- Everything Sucks

Stiff Little Fingers- Inflammable Material

NOFX- Punk In Drublic

Bouncing Souls- How I Spent My Summer Vacation

Captain Everything- It's Not Rocket Science

Leftover Crack- Mediocre Generica

The Filaments- What's Next?

Leftover Crack- F'uck World Trade

NOFX- Ribbed

Lightyear- Call Of The Weasel Clan

Bouncing Souls- Hopeless Romantic

Dead Kennedys- Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables

Bad Religion- No control

The Vandals- Hitler Bad, Vandals Good

I'm sorry, i honestly cannot narrow that down at all. I tried and couldn't. And there's more that i could put up. Sorry :(

I will try and narrow it down and edit in descriptions tomorrow

cbmartinez
07-04-2005, 01:09 PM
1. Poison The Well- You Come Before You
The first five CDs on my list I can say honestly changed my life and not one changed it more than You Come Before You. My first and favorite Poison The Well album, as far as I'm concerned this album is a moden day masterpiece. The Cd has a perfect mix of beauty and brutality and thanks to the eerie jam sessions placed between each of the tracks, the album flows perfectly. This album has scared me, made me cry and gotten me thrashing and will always hold the number one spot.

2. Converge- Jane Doe
Again, this album to me is musical perfection. Who could ever thought such chaos could be so beautiful? From the fucking explosive grind intro of "Concubine" to the epic 12 minute album closer "Jane Doe," Jane Doe holds your attention. The production is perfect, the intstruments are insanely technical and Bannon's unholy shrieks are mindblowing. Jane Doe gives You Come Before You a run for it's money but lands at second.

3. Thurdsay- Full Collapse
Full Collapse opened a whole new world of music to me. It showed me what beauty and emotion really are. The album is complete in every way. And to this day Thursday remains to be one of the few bands that uses screaming productively, as an output of extreme emotion. This album changed my life in so many ways.

4. Thrice- The Illusion Of Safety
Every song on this Cd is incredible. Teppei's guitar work is mindblowing and Dustin's emotional sreams truly bring the songs to life. Songs range from the soft melodies of "Trust" to the start stop dissonance of "Kill Me Quickly." And of course "Deadbolt." An extremely solid album.

5. Sytem Of A Down- Mesmerize
Toxicity used to hold this spot, but Mesmerize won me over. Serj and Daron's playful lyrics and breathtaking harmonies make this CD SOAD's best effort. Sure, sometimes I miss the brutal metal craziness of Toxicty but Mesmerize is truly the perfect direction for SOAD.

6. Chevelle- Wonder What's Next
Chevelle get a ridiculous amount of **** for being simplistic and while this is true, they sure did create a hell of an album with WWN. This album is ****ing heavy and the dark feel of tracks like "Grab Thy Hand" just enhance this. It's a shame so many people won't give this album a chance, it's truly fantastic.

7. The Starting Line- Say It Like You Mean It
There's nothing really life changing about this one, just an amazing album. Every song is good, the leads are catchy, the harmonies are incredible. It's just good, catchy pop-punk and I can listen to it over and over without getting bored.

8. Saves The Day- Through Being Cool
Just another fantastic upbeat pop-punk album. The lyrics are clever, the choruses are impossible to forget, and Chris' vocals soar. Again, not one bad song.

9. The Blood Brothers- This Adultery Is Ripe
By far the Blood Brothers best effort. This CD takes the line between genius and insanity and dances back and forth over it. The lyrics paint graphic scenes of childbirth, surgery gone wrong and other frightening scenarios. Truly a spazzy masterpiece.

10. Rancid- ...And Out Come The Wolves
My first and favorite punk album. Every song is full of raw guitars, speedy bass and Armstrong's gritty signature vocals. From the in your face speed of "Maxwell Murder" to the catchy choruses of "Ruby Soho," this album has it all.

HM: Hopesfall- The Satellite Years

Angry Balled Fists!
07-04-2005, 02:34 PM
Good job Chris...

Nice to see AOCTW too :p

cbmartinez
07-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I wish I could play the "Maxwell Murder" solo. :upset:

Angry Balled Fists!
07-04-2005, 02:39 PM
haha...

As soon as i listened to it, i literally went straight to the computer and got tabs for almost every song on it..

cbmartinez
07-04-2005, 02:43 PM
Same, I can still play every song. I remember playing the intro to "Journey To The End Of The East Bay" over and over for an hour and a half until I got it down.

Firecracker
07-04-2005, 02:44 PM
I'll be back with this when i've worked it out.

Angry Balled Fists!
07-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Same, I can still play every song. I remember playing the intro to "Journey To The End Of The East Bay" over and over for an hour and a half until I got it down.

I wish i played Bass for that line itself...

hey, you're not cory!
07-04-2005, 03:28 PM
Honorable Mentions: Thursday - Full Collapse, Vendetta Red - Between the Never and the Now, At the Drive-In - Vaya, Armor for Sleep - What To Do When You Are Dead and Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree

10. Straylight Run - Straylight Run

I bought this cd without ever hearing the band and was very sketchy about it. But as soon as I heard John Nolan amazing voice singing over nothing but a piano in "The Perfect Ending" I knew I was in for something. Every song on this cd is beautiful and they lyrics are perfect. I even like "Tool Sheds and Hot Tubs". John Nolan is one of the best song writers I've ever heard and this cd showcases his amazing talents beautifully.

Favorite tracks: "Existentialism on Prom Night", "The Tension and the Terror", "Sympathy for the Martyr"

9. The Academy Is... - Almost Here

A perfect pop cd full of catchy chrouses, sing-a-long verses, brilliant lyrics and just all around awesomeness. Of all the pop-punk bands to emerge from the Chicago scene in recent years these guys are the best and they've perfected that sound on this cd. William Beckett is a great songwriter and lyricist as well. These guys are going to be huge.

Favorite Tracks: "Black Mamba", "The Phrase That Pays", and "Skeptics and True Believers"

8. Monday in London - The Red Machine

Thursday meets Coheed and Cambria. Full of really interesting guitar riffs and catchy music that is still heavy and makes its presense felt. The best part of this cd though is the singer. His voice can do so many different things and he really knows how to use it. The lyrics are also very interesting and fit the mood of the music well. This cd is perfect all around and I regret putting off listening to it for so long. Definitly one of the absolute best bands to come from this new "emo" wave. RIP Monday in London.

Favorite tracks: "The New You", "The Queen, the Meek and Their Disease", and "A Good Friend, a Worse Enemy"

7. Underoath - They're Only Chasing Safety

Hands down the best cd of 2004 in my opinion. The 8 songs on here that Underoath wrote are 8 of the best songs I've ever had the pleasure of hearing. Even the interlude is so perfect it gives me chills. The lyrics are incredible. The choruses are soaring and will be stuck in your head for days. Spencer's scream is incredible. Aaron's ability to sing and drum is also superb. They may have drastically changed their sound but in my opinion it was definitly for the better. The only weak point of the cd is the last song (written by Aaron Marsh of Copeland) but it even kicks ass at the end.

Favorite Tracks: "Reinventing Your Exit", "Its Dangerous Business Walking Out Your Front Door", "Down, Set, Go"

5 b.Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3
The second effort by Co&Ca is a different sound but it definitly works for them. They take a turn towards the more progressive side of the band and pull it off perfectly. The music differs from extremely poppy ("Blood Red Summer") to fast and heavy ("Velorium Camper" songs). Claudio's voice is even better on this cd than the first one and the guitars are complex and the drumming is excellent. Everytime you listen to it you hear something new.

Favorite Tracks: "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3", "Velorium Camper III: Al the Killer", "A Favor House Atlantic"

5 a. Coheed and Cambria - The Second Stage Turbine Blade

Co&Ca's debut album is a mix of emo, metal, and prog rock that comes together to make musical perfection. Every song on this cd is brilliant in its own way and each one is very different from the last with something unique to offer. The vocals and guitars are too good for words to describe. The rhythm section rounds it out as the backbone of all the craziness thats going on. The lyrics are insanely catchy and you'll be singing them for days. This is why I love music.

Favorite tracks: "Junesong Provision", "Neverender", "Delirium Trigger"

4. At the Drive-In - Relationship of Command

I could've put any of ATDI's last three releases (Relationship of Command, IN/Casino/Out, or Vaya) in this spot as I love them all about equally. However I chose this one as I probably enjoy listening to it the most. This is my favorite band ever and this cd is just them doing what they've always done and making it available for you to sing along to while you listen to it. Every aspect of this cd is pure brilliance. Vocally, lyrically, the guitars, the bass lines, the drums, all of it is better than your favorite bands.

Favorite tracks: "One Armed Scissor", "Enfilade", "Invalid Litter Dept."

3. Piebald - We Are the Only Friends We Have

This band should be everyone's favorite. They are great at writing fun songs that anyone can enjoy. This cd is just them at their best. Every single track is just perfect. I listened to this cd for about 3 monthes straight and even now it still doesn't get old.

Favorite tracks: "American Hearts", "Karate Chops for Everyone But Us", "The Stalker"

2. Brand New - Deja Entendu

What can I say about this cd that hasn't already been said before. Its fantastic and it makes me feel miserable and happy at the same time. Jesse can write songs and his lyrics are the best in the pop punk universe. The songs are catchy and at the same time dark and moody. There is nothing bad about this cd and it deserves all the mainstream attention that it got if not more. They shot for something totally different with this release and nailed it, not only did they out do Your Favorite Weapon they out did every other cd that was released in 2003.

Favorite tracks: "Okay, I Believe You, But My Tommy Gun Don't", "The Quiet Things The No One Ever Knows", "Sic Transit Gloria...Glory Fades"

1. Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends

Well there you have it. This cd combines catchy pop music with fantastic duel vocals and the best songwriting I've ever heard. I've yet to listen to this cd and find a flaw...and I've listened to it quite a few times. They more or less brought in this new era of "emo" music and this cd single handedly changed my views and tastes on music. Every time I hear it I can't help but sing along with every single word and throw my hair around and just enjoy it. Its brilliant.

Favorite tracks: "Theres No 'I' in Team", "Cute Without the 'E' (Cut From the Team)", "Timberwolves at New Jersey"

Sorry, I couldn't pick between the Coheed cds :upset:

Kif
07-04-2005, 03:40 PM
I so wanted to include Almost Here and Relationship Of Command on mine :(

Untitled
07-04-2005, 03:42 PM
I dunno my list, but it would have in it somewhere

Blink182- Dude Ranch
Taking Back Sunday- Tell All Your Friends
Brand New - Deja Entendu
Greenday - Nimrod.

cobert
07-04-2005, 07:28 PM
Here it goes....

10. Green Day- Dookie
Back in 1994/1995, i had a very, very limited mind when it came to music. Actually, i didnt know any bands names or any song titles, i just knew a fwe songs that i liked. I discovered not to long after that most of them were frmo this CD. Dookie was the album that got me into music in the first place, so i hold this in a special place.

Best Track- Having a Blast

9.Brand New- Deja Entendu
I didnt like Your favorite weapon. It was mostly boring, save a few tracks. But with Deja Entendu, Brand new Grew up and made a great album, filled with emotion. As soon as i first heard 'im sinking like a stone in the sea', i knew this album would be different. Soon enough, i was filled with pansy-juice after hearing such sad songs like guernica and mellowed out acoustic songs like "Play crack the sky".

Best Track- Sic Transit Gloria....Glroy Fades

8.The Mars Volta- Frances the Mute
Ive never been to big on overly wierd music, but the mars volta have found some way to get into my head. This is the perfect album for long drives....everything except the radio-friendly "the widow" is over 10 minutes long. The cryptic lyrics and rbitching guitar work keeps me coming back trying to find out what the **** cedric and omar were thinking when they came up with this stuff.

Best Track- l'via l'viaquez

7.Thursday- Waiting
This CD was a sign of greater things to come. Though only 9 songs, they were almost all good in one way or the other, from the catchy "Ian Curtis" to the depressing, haunting song about suicide, "Porcelain".

Best Track- Porcelain, or streaks in the sky.

6. The Mars Volta- De-loused In the Comatorium
This is the CD that got me into the mars volta. Actually, i first discovered them through ATD-I, then i got the song "televators" and needed more. I went out and immediately ordered this from my record store, and I wasnt dissapointed. The buildup through "Son et lumiere" bursts into "Inertiac ESP', and the album is non-stop awesome, up until the greatest closing track ever made...."Take the Veil....Cerpin Taxt".

Best Track- Take the Veil....Cerpin Taxt

5. At the Drive-In- Relationship of Command
This is an instant classic. From the first time i downloaded "One Armed Scissor" i loved it. ROC finds harmony between rhythm and pure chaos (rhythm would later become sparta, and chaos the mars volta). Songs such as the eerie "Invalid Litter Department" and the spaz-tastic "Arcarsenal" are great, and "Quarantined" has one of the best intros ive ever heard.

Best Track- Pattern Against User

4.Coheed and Cambria- In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3
A phone ringing followed by footsteps and a womans voice answering with "hello"....and so it began. IKSOSE:3 is an epic albu in every respect. After the phone is answered, a short orchestral piece plays, leading into the classic 8-title track. From there, the album ranges from dark and heavy (The camper velorium III: Al the Killer) to poppy and fun (Blood Red Summer, Three Evils), and closes with coheeds only song that oculd be considered a "slow song", titled 'the light and the glass'.

Best Track- The Crowing

3.Thursday- Full collapse
This album is near perfection. Thursday have displayed their evolution since the album "waiting", and that they have mastered the art of dueling guitars. The guitars are so perfectly layered, in fact, the album almost seems as if it was recorded underwater. Every line of lyrics seems like it could go beneath some myspace-whores scene picture, which sounds like an insult, but honestly....theyre amazing. The verse to "Cross out the eyes" ('We can rise, on the wings of the dove....') is always ringing in my ears, and the chant of "Im falling down" at the end of 'How long is the night?' gives me goosebumps. The surprising thing is....ive never heard anything from this band when i bought this album, it was just out of curiosity.

Best Track- I honestly cant pick, every song is equally awesome.

2.Coheed and Cambria- The Second Stage Turbine Blade
Back in 2003, me and my sister both had the chorus to 'A Favor House Atlantic' ringing in our heads while on the way to the mall. Me and my mom left her to go buy the album, and its name was still unclear to us. We got back in the car, turned it on....and were both dissapointed. No 'bye bye beaitiful' or 'good eye sniper' sounding songs. At home, i took the album and gave it a shot. It began with a semi-boring piano piece, then going into a lame-a'ss blues-esque guitar piece and high-pitched singing.. Later in the album, i heard terrible, terrible screaming in 'Hearshot Kid Disaster', and more lameness in an attempt to be heavy in the song "neverender". Right after i had to hear another piano piece at the end of the way-too-long fadeout to "Godsend Conspirator", i went downstairs and poured a huge glass of Dr. Pepper (best drink ever made), and sat down and started to watch a hill-billy filled episode of cops. Then it dawned on me.....'Holy S'hit, that album was awesome'.

Best Track- 33, or Time Consumer

Heres the big one

DRUM ROLL

DRUM ROLL

DRUM ROLL

DRUM ROLL

DRUM ROLL

DRUM ROLL

DRUM ROLL

DRUM ROLL

DRUM ROLL

1.Taking Back Sunday- Tell All Your Friends
Beautiful. Its just Beautiful. Every song is perfectly written, the vocals are perfect, the bridges are amazing, and....i dont even know where im going with this. This album is mind-blowingly good. It has the perfect blend of pop and the new-age emo, a genre it helped popularize (In the process bringing in tons of retarded scenesters and tons of clones). It makes me feel so happy and somewhat depressed all at once with songs that start out slow and have absolutely chaotic train-wreck endings, like "Timberwolves At New Jersey" or "Ghost Man on Third", not to mention just about every breakdown in any TBS song is insanely catchy. Actually, forget me calling 'Take the Veil' by the mars volta the best album-ender ever, "Head Club" fromt his album ties it, maybe it even beats it. Tell All Your Friends is what formed my taste in music, and is the reason i bought every album i buy anymore, which is something im very thankful for.

Best Track- Great Romances of the 20th century OR cute without the 'e' OR Timberwolves at New jersey.

I had trouble putting IKSOSE all the way back at 4th.

Ganondorf
07-05-2005, 02:06 AM
5.The Academy Is....Almost Here - Everyone on these forums said hw brilliant this band was, so I thought I'd check them out, and yeah, they're damn good :thumb: Basically all the songs are brilliant, with great hooks and generally an upbeat feel to them. Black Mamba is awesome.

4.Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends - Got into this band through Brand New, but in reality, they're pretty different. The dueling vocals give it a cool dynamic, and generally the songs are just really well written. The lyrics are also pretty cool, if not a bit cliched now. Songs like Timberwolves In New Jersey are instant classics.

3.RHCP - Californication - This album is just badass, with a lot of the more undderated songs such as This Velvt Glove and Emit Remers being my favoourites. The bass on this album is really good, and me being a bass player, it is pretty inspirational. You can just feel how John's re-emergence really gave this band a new life and energy. A great album, that makes you feel like you're in the Scar Tissue video, crusin; in the desert. :cool:

2. Kanye West - The College Dropout - I never thought I'd like a rap album this much, but this album is just brilliant. The lyrical matter is more than just 'money ho's an' rims', and has the udnerlying theme of Kanye criticizng the American education system. It is still very fun however, and guest stars such as Mos Def, Jay-Z and Common give it a lot of varitey.

1. Brand New - Deja Entendu - When I first heard this album, I was like 'oh shi, this sucks', but after I listened to it again, I realised how great it was. The lyrics are really cool, and I love how they can switch between the high tempo songs such as Glory Fades and Gurenica and to slower, more poigniant songs such as Me vs Elvis vs Maradona.

incoobus
07-05-2005, 08:45 AM
some of my favorite artists are elton john and elliot smith, but my to 10 "pop- punk"albums are(if you consider this bands pop punk, but i dont know about genra's any more, dont buy into them)- they suck-....... sum 41- chuck, (good charlotte- the chronicles of life and death, simple plan- still not getting any...)--dont care what anybody says. afi- sing of sorrow, taking back sunday-tell all your friends, motion city soundtrack- commit this to memory and i am the movie, brand new- deja entendu,. thats all i can come up with....im drunk. most of the bands the people named above me are not "pop punk" they're either hard core or emo<YO> don vito

Surtr
07-05-2005, 10:39 AM
I'll give top 3, as I'm to lazy this morning to do 10.

3.Taking Back Sunday-Tell All Your Friends
Great album. Almost every song is written great, with the exception of Head Club, and are fun to sing along with. I love the way that they have multiple lyrics going at the same time.

2.Blink 182-Enema Of The State
Catchiest album EVER! All these songs will be stuck in your head for years to come, as they are stuck in mine. Although some song's such as All The Small Thing's were heavily overplayed it's still a great album. I get a few odd looks when me and a friend or two will be walking around school singing some of these songs but whatever!

1.Blink 182-Dude Ranch
Every single song on this album is ace! From begining to end I sing along with this album, including the occasional part where it just fit's to whip out your air guitar! This is pretty much the last album where Tom show's his true abilities. The drumming is slightly repetitive but it's fit's with the music really well, couldn't imagine any other kind of drumming with these songs.

Ganondorf
07-05-2005, 11:02 AM
I'll give top 3, as I'm to lazy this morning to do 10.

3.Taking Back Sunday-Tell All Your Friends
Great album. Almost every song is written great, with the exception of Head Club, and are fun to sing along with. I love the way that they have multiple lyrics going at the same time.

Yeah, that's reaalllllyyy cool. :thumb:

Surtr
07-05-2005, 11:05 AM
Yeah, that's reaalllllyyy cool. :thumb:
Don't make fun of me :(

Angry Balled Fists!
07-05-2005, 11:06 AM
He's not I don't think, i love that aspect of them...

Ganondorf
07-05-2005, 11:21 AM
I'm not...

Surtr
07-05-2005, 11:55 AM
Oh..seemed like you were. I took it as a sarcastic comment, stupid internet.

Firecracker
07-05-2005, 03:12 PM
10. Pantera - Vulgar Display Of Power
Ultimate metal mayhem. RIP Dimebag my friend. This is truely a brilliant album, excellent band Pantera were. And they live on in my cd collection and their brilliant songs and live performances. Excellent album.
Favourite Tracks: Mouth For War, Fucking Hostile, This Love, Live In A Hole

9. Fall Out Boy - From Under The Cork Tree
This is so good. Track titles a bit long, but, who cares, when you got this kind of lushness in your hands, so beautiful the songs are, and i can't state enough how hot the sinegr's voice is, omg it is so lush.
Favourite Tracks: Our Lawyer Made Us Change The Name Of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued, Dance Dance, Sugar We're Going Down, You're A Concrete Boy Now (Do Your Part To Save The Scene And Stop Going To Shows)

8. Relient K - mmhmm
Oh how i love this band, great band. 'Be My Escape' had been sung by me about 100 times, i will never get bored of it, it's just great how the vocals just jump in like that, and him with a such a great voice, almost better than the Fall Out Boy guy's. But i don't know, they're so good both of them, and the great choruses, just hilighting what a great band they are.
Favourite Tracks: The One I'm Waiting For, Be My Escape, I So Hate Consequences, More Than Useless

7. Social Distortion - Sex, Love & Rock N Roll
I've listened to this album at least 30 times through, i love it so much, every single track is fantastic, every track had brilliant lyrics, and the great voice of Mike Ness making it all worthwhile. No faults, a ace record for any occasion.
Favourite Tracks: Don't Take Me For Granted, Nickels & Dimes, Faithless, Angel's Wings

6. Flogging Molly - Within A Mile Of Home
Oh yes, Irish music as it's fullest and funnest, and you could say: most american. But no faults with this record, apart from about one track (Queen Anne's Revenge) don't like that track that much, but we have Tobacco Island to make up for it, you know how to dance Brigette my friend. You cannot stay still whilst listening to this. Absolutely splendid album.
Favourite Tracks: Screaming At The Wailing Wall, Factory Girls, Tomorrow Comes A Day Too Soon, Don't Let Me Die (Still Wondering)

5. Green Day - 1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours
Wrey, it's Green Day, and their first album, a mixture of their 1000 Hours, Smoothed and Slappy EPs, i think. And yes, this is my favourite album by them, probably because of the oldness about it, and it shows what good artists they were when they didn't have record companies to help them, not saying they're not as good now, which is a total lie. But i seem to like the immaturity about this record, and the great songs which come with it.
Favourite Tracks: I Was There, Going To Pasalacqua, Paper Lanterns, Why Do You Want Him?

4. Agent Orange - Living In Darkness
Agent Orange, a great example of a fantastic surf punk band. I first heard 'Everything Turns Grey' on a BMX game i think, and i thought it was ok, so i downloaded it, it was nothing special, but then one day i was going through my song folder, and i found it again, and i thought why do i only have one track of this band, i'll download some more, and i downloaded 'This Is All I Need' which isn't on this album, and christ did i love it. And i later got this album, one of the best albums i own.
Favourite Tracks: Everything Turns Grey, A Cry For Help In A World Gone Mad, Bloodstains, Mr. Moto

3. Iron Maiden - Dance Of Death
Iron Maiden, one of the acest bands on the planet. The best album art i have ever seen in their massive catalogue. This album just shows more and more what a diverse group they are, from short and heavy 4 minute tunes, to 8 minute epics.
Favourite Tracks: Montsegur, Dance Of Death, Paschendale, Age Of Innocence

2. Dream Theater - Images & Words
And here we have the prog metal geniuses, i love this band so much, and this album is just amazing, full on melodies, great lyrics, excellent musicianship, and only 7 tracks, and the keyboarding is so bloody good it's unreal. This album should be a must for everyone slightly interested in melody. Absolutely incredible.
Favourite Tracks: Pull Me Under, Take The Time, Metropolis Pt.1

AND

1. Alkaline Trio - Goddamnit
Oh how i love...Well, Alkaline Trio being my favourite band, they had to have at least one album up here, and as Goddammit is, by a fraction, my favourite album by them, it had to be top, great album through and through.
Favourite Tracks: San Fransisco, My Little Needle, Trouble Breathing, 97

Angry Balled Fists!
07-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Good work...

cobert
07-05-2005, 03:17 PM
I just now noticed that weezers blue album isnt on my list. It would still probably mke only #9 anyways, meh.

mostlydeadonarrival
07-05-2005, 05:06 PM
No order beside theorder they come to my mind

1.Millencolin Pennybridge Pioneers
I can blame the overwhelming majority of musical taste on this album. It helped me overcome Arron Carter and as such I'm eternally indebted

2.Weezer-Blue Album
An album that get's better with time and even though it has but ten tracks I feel like I find something new whenever I listen to it.

3.Dropkick Murphys-The Warriors Code
I love all their albums but after only four days of owning The Warrior's Code I have fallen head over heels for every song. Genusis.

4.Reel Big Fish-Turn The Radio Off
The fun energy goofiness and all around goodness is blantent here. uttely awesome. BEER
more later

hey, you're not cory!
07-06-2005, 12:56 AM
I so wanted to include Almost Here and Relationship Of Command on mine :(
The Academy Is... was actually the hardest cd to keep on that list. And I really regret not making ATDI number one, but then, i dunno, this list was impossible

Dragon_Prince
07-06-2005, 06:35 AM
10. Green Day - Nimrod

Well I just love the song Good Riddance(Time Of Your Life) that's my fav song ever, so this album just needed to be on the list :P

9. Dream Theater - Images And Words

One fo the only progressive bands out there, well this is a great album with the amazing John Petruchii on guitars the solo's sounds great. All the songs are just great :)

8. Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way

Very relaxing I always listen to this album with my friends when it's lae and we're drinkign a bit :)

7. The Who - Who's Next

Well I just love the song Baba O' Riley it's great, and then there are songs like Won't Get Fooled Again and Behind Blue Eyes there just great songs =) everyone shoud listne this =)

6. Van Halen - Right Here, Right Now

Well this ia a live cd, and it ahs the best songs of Van Halen played very well =) Songs like Jump are great =) and Panama kicks ***

5. Green Day - Dookie

Well Green Day is my fav. Pop Punk band and this is a really good work, one of pop punks greatest, it just makes me so happy and so full of energy it's just a great album

4. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Just listen to Shine On You Crazy Diamond, it's great, almost makes me fell asleep and then there's the beautiful Wish You Were Here, just one of the perfect albums, no fill songs or anything ...

3. U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind

just relaxing =) very good songs, I really like this sound of U2

2. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication

This cd has really great songs on it, it's a perfect cd to listnve to on a summer day and just wantign to listne some good relaxing stuff. :)
[/B]
1. Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon

Well this is just an amazing album, it's just great, listen to it every day. It has some very good songs on it like, Breathe, Time, The Great Gig In The Sky, Us And Them, Brain Damage and Eclipse ... This album is a masterpiece ... Just listne so it and you can have an experience so relaxing just too good. The meaning of this album is also veyr good, it's about a person going insane, and it deals with all the problems of the world =) a really good album

Solar
07-06-2005, 07:51 AM
10. Something Corporate - North
A great continuation from their first album, North is an album of catchy riffs, poetic lyrics and upbeat piano melodies. A nice variety of sounds on the album I place this one at number 10.

9. Thursday - Full Collapse
Thursdays best album by far, the lyrics are very well written. Every song is one that will stick in your head, overall a great album, my number 9.

8. Thrice - The Artist in the Ambulance
A wasn't a huge fan of the screamo songs in this one, though the other tracks "Artist in the Ambulance" and "Melting Point of Wax" are powerful tunes with great melodies.

7. Thrice - The Illusion of Safety
Thrices best album, the combination of songs "Deadbolt", "In Years to Come" and "The Beltsville Crucible" really contributed to the overall sound. I love the guitar in this album so i'll throw it in at 7.

6. Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree
A much better sound than their first album, 'From Under The Cork Tree', despite the painfully long titles of it's songs really delivers. Great lyrics that communicate to a number of situations this album is more varied and mature than 'Take This To Your Grave'.

5. Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon
Brand News first album delivers with great punk-core songs powered with raw emotion. An awesome way to start and my 5th favorite.

4. The Used - Self Titled Album
Infinitely better than their second album, The Used shine in their first and best album. Screaching screams and moving lyrics combined with a wide range of sounds really makes me love the songs on the self-titled.

3. Brand New - Deja Entendu
One of the most beautifully written albums in existence, the jazzy feel of the album is something you can listen to over and over. A masterpiece in every sense of the word Brand New made a phenominal talent-jump with this one!

2. Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends
A brilliant opening album, Taking Back Sunday blow listeners away with this emotion-packed hardcore rock rollercoaster. Tracks like 'Timberwolves at New Jersey' and 'Cute without the 'E'' make this an incredibly awesome album in every aspect of sound.

And for the big number 1...

1. Taking Back Sunday - Where You Want To Be
Thought by most to be a step down from their first down, to me, "Where You Want To Be" is a drastic sky-rocket from their first. The sound has improved, the lyrics are still incredible and yet the emotion-packed power remains the same. As fantastic an album as you can get, TBS wrote this one perfectly.

redstainedeyes
07-06-2005, 09:25 AM
10. Strung Out - Another Day In Paradise
I really love everything about this album, from its poppier parts to the straight up thrash. Awesome lyrics, even better guitars. The best tracks in my opinion are Population Control, In Harm's Way, and Away.

9. The Clash - The Clash
I bought this on Boxing Day because it was cheap. I was blown away. I already had Never Mind the Bollocks, so I was expecting something along those lines. After hearing Janie Jones, my favourite song on the album, I knew I was wrong. This album is so much more than NMTB. Instead of poor instrumentals and songwriting, each song is clever in its arrangement, and the lyrics call not for anarchy at all costs, but rather the fight of the working man, and concern for the direction the world's going. Truly a masterpiece of punk rock.

8. Alexisonfire - Alexisonfire
This album changed my life. Before this, I didn't even listen to music. Each song is perfect, with its intricate riffs from both speakers and much more screaming than the follow-up album, Watch Out! Hands down the best screamo record ever put out.

7. Blink 182 - Cheshire Cat
When I was collecting all of Blink's albums, I figured this was their worst, and I'd only pick it up for the sake of having all of their albums. After countless listens, I submit to the fact that this is their best record. My favourite songs are Carousel, M+M's, Fentoozler, and Wasting Time.

6. Operation Ivy - Operation Ivy
I think that's the name of the CD with all their songs on it. Either way, this album has had more influence on me musically than anything else. Ska guitar parts, punk guitar parts, excellent drumming, the bass, as always, perfect, and sometimes screamed, sometimes rapped, sometimes just sung vocals all came together for this legendary band. Favourite tracks are Unity, Take Warning, Bad Town, and Officer.

5. AFI - The Art of Drowning
In between old AFI and new AFI is this album. Dark, but still fun, if you wonder how AFI got to where they are after Black Sails, this is where to go. Amazing guitar parts, and a great display of Davey Havok's range of voice. The Lost Souls and Sacrifice Theory are the best songs.

4. Rancid - ...and Out Come the Wolves
Another life-changer, this album is one of the best I own. I can't get enough of it. This is the album that most bands wish they could make. Just like Operation Ivy, there is no shortage of ska, or perfect basslines, rest assured. I really like the songs Maxwell Murder, Ruby Soho, Roots Radicals, As Wicked, and Lock, Step, & Gone.

3. NOFX - So Long and Thanks For All the Shoes
I actually just got this album two days ago, and its already number 3 on my list. That says a lot about its quality. I identify very well with sarcasm, so the lyrics are right up my alley, and the harmonizing power chords, neat little fills, whiney lead vocals, and shouted backups, make the music up my alley as well. All Outta Angst is my favourite track, followed by Monosyllabic Girl, and Dad's Bad News.

2. Anti-Flag - A New Kind of Army
Most people say that Die For The Government is Anti-Flag's best, but while that is a good album, this outdoes it easily. From Tearing Everyone Down all the way to This is NOT a Crass Song, this album lets up only for the acoustic Consumer's Song, which wouldn't be out of place on a Justin Sane solo record. Political songs, joke songs, and songs about growing up, ska songs, punk songs, hardcore songs, acoustic songs. A really great album.

1. The Clash - London Calling
What can I say? It's London Calling! A perfect collection of songs from every genre, all with punk attitude. I could listen to this album everyday and not get bored of it. The title track, Guns of Brixton, Rudie Can't Fail, and Train in Vain are my favourite songs. Pick this one up.

Ganondorf
07-06-2005, 10:16 AM
Nath, wtf are you thinking, WYWTB above Deja Entendu and TAYF?!! :eek:

albert_bass
07-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Not in order:

1. Offspring - Ignition
2. Streetlight Manifesto - Everything Goes Numb
3. NOFX - Ribbed
4. Lagwagon - Trashed
5. Toy Dolls - Dig That Groove Baby
6. Clash - S-T
7. Bigwig - Stay Asleep / Invitation to tragedy (bloody hard to tell)
8. Anti-Flag - A New Kind Of Army
9. Stiff Little Fingers - Inflammable Material
10. Leftover Crack - F'uck World Trade

My list changes everyday and I've left out dozens of albums that I f'ucking love out but it's ok.

Some albums that should have been there: Catch22 - Keasbey Nights, Op Ivy - Energy, Rancid - Let's Go, Toy Dolls - Absurd-ditties, Clash - London Calling, AFI - Art Of Drowning, Satanic Surfers - Hero Of Our Time, Morning Glory - This Is No Time Ta Sleep, Choking Victim - No gods/no mannagers, Filaments - What's Next, NOFX - So long and thanks, Offspring - Smash and Americana, etc....

Angry Balled Fists!
07-06-2005, 11:29 AM
10. Something Corporate - North
A great continuation from their first album, North is an album of catchy riffs, poetic lyrics and upbeat piano melodies. A nice variety of sounds on the album I place this one at number 10.

9. Thursday - Full Collapse
Thursdays best album by far, the lyrics are very well written. Every song is one that will stick in your head, overall a great album, my number 9.

8. Thrice - The Artist in the Ambulance
A wasn't a huge fan of the screamo songs in this one, though the other tracks "Artist in the Ambulance" and "Melting Point of Wax" are powerful tunes with great melodies.

7. Thrice - The Illusion of Safety
Thrices best album, the combination of songs "Deadbolt", "In Years to Come" and "The Beltsville Crucible" really contributed to the overall sound. I love the guitar in this album so i'll throw it in at 7.

6. Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree
A much better sound than their first album, 'From Under The Cork Tree', despite the painfully long titles of it's songs really delivers. Great lyrics that communicate to a number of situations this album is more varied and mature than 'Take This To Your Grave'.

5. Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon
Brand News first album delivers with great punk-core songs powered with raw emotion. An awesome way to start and my 5th favorite.

4. The Used - Self Titled Album
Infinitely better than their second album, The Used shine in their first and best album. Screaching screams and moving lyrics combined with a wide range of sounds really makes me love the songs on the self-titled.

3. Brand New - Deja Entendu
One of the most beautifully written albums in existence, the jazzy feel of the album is something you can listen to over and over. A masterpiece in every sense of the word Brand New made a phenominal talent-jump with this one!

2. Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends
A brilliant opening album, Taking Back Sunday blow listeners away with this emotion-packed hardcore rock rollercoaster. Tracks like 'Timberwolves at New Jersey' and 'Cute without the 'E'' make this an incredibly awesome album in every aspect of sound.

And for the big number 1...

1. Taking Back Sunday - Where You Want To Be
Thought by most to be a step down from their first down, to me, "Where You Want To Be" is a drastic sky-rocket from their first. The sound has improved, the lyrics are still incredible and yet the emotion-packed power remains the same. As fantastic an album as you can get, TBS wrote this one perfectly.

Wahey.

WYWYB fanz unite

Ganondorf
07-06-2005, 12:19 PM
stfu oldskool TBS rulz

Surtr
07-06-2005, 12:33 PM
10. Green Day - Nimrod

Well I just love the song Good Riddance(Time Of Your Life) that's my fav song ever, so this album just needed to be on the list :P

9. Dream Theater - Images And Words

One fo the only progressive bands out there, well this is a great album with the amazing John Petruchii on guitars the solo's sounds great. All the songs are just great :)

8. Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way

Very relaxing I always listen to this album with my friends when it's lae and we're drinkign a bit :)

7. The Who - Who's Next

Well I just love the song Baba O' Riley it's great, and then there are songs like Won't Get Fooled Again and Behind Blue Eyes there just great songs =) everyone shoud listne this =)

6. Van Halen - Right Here, Right Now

Well this ia a live cd, and it ahs the best songs of Van Halen played very well =) Songs like Jump are great =) and Panama kicks ***

5. Green Day - Dookie

Well Green Day is my fav. Pop Punk band and this is a really good work, one of pop punks greatest, it just makes me so happy and so full of energy it's just a great album

4. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Just listen to Shine On You Crazy Diamond, it's great, almost makes me fell asleep and then there's the beautiful Wish You Were Here, just one of the perfect albums, no fill songs or anything ...

3. U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind

just relaxing =) very good songs, I really like this sound of U2

2. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication

This cd has really great songs on it, it's a perfect cd to listnve to on a summer day and just wantign to listne some good relaxing stuff. :)
[/B]
1. Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon

Well this is just an amazing album, it's just great, listen to it every day. It has some very good songs on it like, Breathe, Time, The Great Gig In The Sky, Us And Them, Brain Damage and Eclipse ... This album is a masterpiece ... Just listne so it and you can have an experience so relaxing just too good. The meaning of this album is also veyr good, it's about a person going insane, and it deals with all the problems of the world =) a really good album
You loser! If I hadda known we were gonna start using rock and metal albums then my list would be totally different! My top 10 would be made up of intirely Maiden albums basicly.

nitzguy
07-06-2005, 03:22 PM
of all time eh... no order :)

SAVES THE DAY- Sorry I’m leaving
I know every word to this CD. So great, I’m glad my friend turned me on to this CD.
Best song(s): Take our cars now, hold

THRICE- Identity Crisis
I think this is their best work by far. Everyone gives Illusion the better review, but the heart and soul you can feel in this record makes it that much better.
Best song(s): T&C, Under Par, a torch to end all torches, phoenix ignition

Johnny Cash- American Recordings (acoustic)
Best random buy ever!!! I saw a thing on him on CMT the next day and I was hooked. He’s freaky good. Infectious lyrics and guitar.
Best song(s): the man who couldn’t cry, Tennessee stud, and Thirteen

Against Me! - Reinventing Axl Rose
The very first song says it all. The lyrics are meaningful, and Tom Gable is a genius
Best song(s): those anarcho punks are mysterious.., baby I’m an anarchist, the politics of starving

Counting Crows-august and everything after
I could chill to this album all day. The lyrics are deep and the musicianship is amazing
Best song(s): raining in Baltimore,

Descendents- Two Things at once (fat/Milo goes to college
Second best random buy ever. The bass lines are so freaking catchy and the vocals kick my ears ***, and I love it
Best song(s): parents, myage, bikeage, hope, mr. Bass, and I like food

Rancid- and out come the wolves
Bass lines, bass lines, bass lines. The lyrics and the little bit of ska keep me coming back.
Best song(s): journey to the end, Maxwell murder, old friend

Tiger Army- power of moonlight
Nick 13’s voice is really good and Geoff can rock a stand up with the best of them.
Best song(s): when night comes down, cupid’s victim and under Saturn’s moonlight

Social Distortion- sex, love and rock & roll
Mike Ness can make wonderful music. Lyrics are the best
Best song(s): Reach for the sky, nickels and dimes, winners and losers

Suicide Machines- Destruction by Definition
This record punched me in the faced and I was hooked. I am surprised this isn’t on more people’s lists.
Best song(s): the real you, vans song, and SOS

cobert
07-06-2005, 05:41 PM
stfu oldskool TBS rulz

totalies lolz.

Also...

Wish you were here > Dark side of the moon.

It seems only pink floyd fanboys put dark side of the moon higher than every album ever made.

Twat_Out_Of_Hell
07-06-2005, 06:14 PM
ALbert likes some brilliant music

Solar
07-06-2005, 08:49 PM
Nath, wtf are you thinking, WYWTB above Deja Entendu and TAYF?!! :eek:
I had never heard of Taking Back Sunday (There not very big in rural Australia) until I bought WYWTB at the local music store. So the TBS I grew to know and love wasn't the same as the TBS longtime fans (who had originally fallen in love with TAYF). I later bought TAYFs but it just wasn't the same after starting out listening to their second album.

As for Deja Entendu. It's an amazing album that I would listen to over any other save only the TBS albums- so it's doing pretty well in it's own right.

Gogo WYWTB fans!

shangbang
07-06-2005, 10:33 PM
Heres 5 of them I'll edit with the rest later

5.Rancid-...And Out Come the Wolves
First Rancid cd I got and still my favorite one. Great basslines and a lot of classic Rancid songs
Favorite tracks-Roots Radicals,Junkie Man,Daly City Train

4.Bouncing Souls-How I Spent my Summer Vacation
My favorite Bouncing Souls cd. When I got it, it didn't leave my cd palyer for 2 weeks.
All around great pop-punk cd
Favorite tracks-True Believers,Manthem,Gone

3.Comeback Kid-Wake the Dead
I bought this cd after hearing good things about it online. Best random purchase I've made. One of the best hardcore albums released in a while.
Favorite tracks-Wake the Dead,Partners in Crime,Falling Apart

2.Rise Against-Revolutions Per Minute
A great meloic hardcore album. My favorite album by Rise Against. Lots of great songs.
Favorite tracks-Black Masks and Gasoline,Voices Off Camera,Blood Red,White and Blue

1.Bad Religion-No Control
First punk album I ever bought. Bad Religions fastest and my Personal favorite. Didn't leave me cd player for a month after I got it. Every song on the album is strong
Favorite tracks-No Control,I Want to Conquer the World,You

Dragon_Prince
07-09-2005, 10:13 AM
You loser! If I hadda known we were gonna start using rock and metal albums then my list would be totally different! My top 10 would be made up of intirely Maiden albums basicly.

Doesn't say only pop punk :)

@cobert, And about DSOTM and WYWH, WYWH owns DSOTM musicly, bu in the whole picture I love DSOTM :)

mush
07-27-2005, 05:44 AM
Ok i only have 9, they're all quite recent, but here they are: (in no particular order)

Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue.
Absolutely love the variety in this album - songs for every mood.
Fave song: Only One

Reel Big Fish - We're not happy till you're not happy.
This is just a classic album, although rumoured their last. (Sob sob!)
Fave song: The Fire

Evanescence - Fallen
Amy Lee really shows off her vocals in these songs. One of my favourites of all time.
Fave song: oooh it's so hard to choose... either Going Under or Hello.

Simple Plan - Still not getting any
Ok, ok, not very original, but I never tire of listening to it.
Fave song: Perfect World

Good Charlotte - Chronicles of Life and Death
Only just got this album, but I fell in love with it as soon as I listened.
Fave song: Ghost of You

Good Charlotte - The Young and the Hopeless
Not as good as Life and Death, but still a pretty good album.
Fave song: Wondering

MxPx - Before Everything and After
Don't really know what to say. Great album.
Fave song: More Everything

Reel Big Fish - Favourite Noise
Does this count as an album? If it does, it's a genius mixture of all their best.
Fave song: Come on, isn't that obvious? Has to be Trendy! (although You Don't Know comes a close second)

Green Day - American Idiot
You're probably all thinking, oh she's one of those who only thinks Green Day has one album... well I know they've got others, I just prefer this one.
Fave song: hmmm... probably Holiday.

edit: I just thought of another one.
Queen - Made in Heaven
I actually prefer this stuff to some of their old stuff (although nothing beats Bohemian Rhapsody). Some really great songs.
Fave song: All of them?

Excursions
07-27-2005, 03:03 PM
I will edit why at a latter date.

Butthole Surfers - Hairway To Steven
Naked Raygun - Throb Throb
Minutemen - Double Nickels On The Dime
Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables
Bob Dylan - Blonde On Blonde
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
A Tribe Called Quest - A Low End Theory
Johnny Cash - American Recordings
De La Soul - 3 Feet High And Rising

TMA
07-27-2005, 03:58 PM
1.Coheed And Cambria - The Second Stage Turbine Blade
2.From First To Last - Dear Diary, My Teen Angst Has A Bodycount
3.Underoath - They're Only Chasing Safety
4.Coheed And Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth:3
5.Motion City Soundtrack - I Am The Movie
6.All-American Rejects - Move Along
7.Pulley - Matters
8.All-American Rejects - S/T
9.The Used - S/T
10. The Fight - Home Is Where The Hate Is EP

flfbassist
08-01-2005, 02:57 AM
My Wounderfully Amazing Top 10 Albums Of All Time

1. Blink 182 - Dude Ranch
This album marks the period of their prime. With songs like Dammit, Josie, and Dicklips, this record makes it their greatest release ever.

2. MxPx - Life In General
Like Blink 182's Dude Ranch, this album contans a lot of fan favorites like Chick Magnet, Doin Time, Do Your Feet Hurt?, and Middle Name. This is the one MxPx album i find myself listening to the most often of all the MxPx albums.

3. Saves The Day - Through Being Cool
This has to be, hands down, one of the greatest punk albums (or any album period) ever. Every single song is just amazing. With lines like "I'd buy you lemonade right now if you were here and I'd throw it in your face and listen to you cry.", it's feel good emo that dread over a break ups, but makes you feel good about it.

4. Blink 182 - s/t
This album shows that, though blink are 3 immature guys, they can buckle down and make a great sounding serious record.

5. Saves The Day - Ups And Downs
This is their B-Sides album and though they are b sides, they still kick ***.

6. The Descendents - Milo Goes To College
The Descendents are one of the bands to start it all. They lead the way for bands like blink, mxpx, and green day. This album has to be their greatest release.

7. The Starting Line - Say It Like You Mean It
Every song is great and catchy. I cant find a thing wrong with this one.

8. Over It - Timing Is Everything
Not a very well known band, but they are amazing. Fast guitars, incredible vocals, all around great music. I highly recomend checking these guys out ont he warped tour. Their live set will blow you away.

9. Rufio - Perhaps, I Suppose...
This is the album that really got them where they are. Songs like Above Me and In My Eyes are fast, catchy, and just purley amazing. This is their first album and deffinatly their best.

10. New Found Glory - s/t
I think they made this album in their prime. With songs like Dressed To Kill, Better Off Dead, and Hit Or Miss, it deffinatly makes it a great album. This was before they hit MTV and crossed the country opening for Blink. Great stuff.

And there you have it.

Enjoy kiddies. :thumb:

Oddsen
08-06-2005, 10:07 AM
10. Smash-The Offspring
Amazing Punk rock. Excelent drum. Classic Offspring punk.
Favorite Songs- Come out and play, Self Esteem, What happaned to you

9. Exile on Main Street-The Rolling Stones
I love the Stones and this album is my favorite. It has a good mix of Classic rock, and some good country rock. Lots of Saxsophone solos which are really cool.
Favorites Songs- Sweet Virginia, Rocks off,Tumblin dice

8. X&Y-Colplay[/B]
This is probly Colplays best album, but all of the albums are amazing. I was very pleased when this album came out this year.
Favorite Songs-Kingdom Come, Swallowed in the sea, What if, Speed of Sound

7. Audiosalve-Audioslave
Audioslave was one of my first bands i started to listen to. This album is so uniqe from most stuff done before it. I was surprised when I heard they used to be Rage Against the Machine cause i hate them. This also a good album for listining at night.
Favorite songs- Like a Stone, Cochise, Set it off

6. Elephant-The White Stripes
A great album lots of good hard rockin power cords, but still have some mellow songs. Jack White is very talented.
Favorites Songs- Black Math, Ball and Biscuit, Seven Nation Army

5. Americana-The Offspring
Another great offspring album. A little more creativity put into this one.
Favorite Songs- Staring at the sun, The Kids aren't all right, Feelings

4. Californication-Red Hot Chili Peppers
Good combonation of soft and hard rock. They are my favorite band very great every member of the band.
Favorite Songs-Around the world, Scar tissue, Easily

3. Blood Sugar Sex Magic-Red Hot Chili Peppers
A great uniqe funk album. I've never heard anything else like it. Great solos.
Favorite Songs-Under the bridge,The Greeting Song, Power of equility, Suck my kiss to name some

2.Dookie-Green Day
WOW! I love every single song on this album. I love it so much listen to it all the time. Such a better album than American Idiot.
Favorite Songs-Basket case, Longview, Chump, Having a blast, in the end, When I Come Around

1. By The Way-Red Hot Chili Peppers
A Great Album. Excelent Harmony. Alot softer than earlier stuff but it still is great.
Favorite Songs- Universally Speaking, Can't Stop, Dosed, On Mercury, Midnight.

vote me
08-06-2005, 11:30 AM
10.Sex Pistols-Kiss This
9.blink 182-Dude Ranch
8.The Ramones-s/t
7.Bad Religion-Process Of Belief
6.Stiff little Fingers-inflammble material
5.Rancid-And Out Come Th..
4.Nofx-Ribbed
3.The Clash-London Calling
2.Bad Religion-Suffer
1.The Vandals-live fast diarriha

The Crowing
08-06-2005, 08:27 PM
10. Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory (Yea, I know, but I loved it in its day)
9. Senses Fail - From The Depths Of Dreams EP
8. Underoath - They're Only Chasing Safety
7. My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge
6. The Blood Brothers - Crimes
5. Emery - The Question
4. Gatsby's American Dream - Volcano
3. Fall Out Boy - Take This To Your Grave
2. Thrice - The Artist In The Ambulance
1. Coheed and Cambria - IKSOSE:3

ZaaR
08-06-2005, 09:47 PM
(In no order)

Anti-Flag- Underground Network

Rancid- '93

Rage Against the Machine- s/t

Modest Mouse- Good News For People Who Love Bad News

Nirvana- Nevermind

The Cure- Bloodflowers

At the Dive-in- Relationship of Command

Tool- AEnima

Nine Inch Nails- The Downward Spiral

Afi- Sing the Sorrow

More than half of those aren't pop-punk, but oh well.

StruckEverywhere
08-06-2005, 10:20 PM
Best Track- Pattern Against User.

Truth.

monkeyboogie
08-07-2005, 01:05 AM
1.Green Day-1,039.smoothed out slappy hours
2.Slighty Stoopid- The longest barrel ride
3.Slightly Stoopid- Everything you need
4. Bad Religion- No Control
5.Green Day- Insomiac
6.Sublime- 40. oz to freedom
7.Millencolin- Pennybridge Poineers
8.millencolin-home from home
9.Blink 182- Enema of the state (so what, that cd has alot of catchy songs!)
10. The Eagles- Greatest hits

shrguitarst
08-07-2005, 02:04 AM
ok, get ready for a ****ing weird combo.

10. Frail- watching you fall.
an indie album, full of excellent basslines, powerful solos(for punks who dont know what solos are, ask lol jk), haunting keyboards, and chris' powerful reveal a powerful energy within. and the roaring drums by pat (not so) swift are just awesome
Best track: frails cover of bowie's "Space oddity"

9. Dream Theater-Falling into infinity
all i can say is amazing. no words for this.
Best track:"peruvian skies"

8.Stone Temple Pilots- Thank you.
the bringing together of STP's classic songs was just excellent. and to hear something new for the last time was refreshing, and yet it hurts now. The amazing guitar and bass on "all in the suit that you wear" was just powerful, and scotts vocal was a rebirth of the great band that was. for a while.
best track: "interstate love song"

7. Sex Pistols- Never Mind the Bollocks
Best punk album ever. hands down. the energy and rage in "anarchy in the UK" was on that only those four could bring. Sid might have been a crappy bassist in any other band. steve would've completely sucked in another group. paul wouldn't belong in any other band. and johnny rottens vocal just wouldnt be the same in another group. But together these otherwise cruddy musicians pulled together a power that no other managed. in any genre. period.
best track: contrary to popular belief, its "god save the queen"

6. AC/DC- back in black
simply pure and amazing
best track: title track

5. Black Sabbath- Paranoid
the title track is amazing.
the second is.
Iron man is.
every other song on the whole album is.
the metal fury the world loves was met in 1970 with the album.
the amazing bass by geezer butler was and is simply power. Tony Iommi's downtuned guitar and killer solos made the album. who could forget Ozzy's real, true vocal. NO ONE. and bill ward was just an AMAZING drummer. thats all
best track: "iron man"

4.Pearl jam- ten
i love this record's songs. even flow, jeremy, and alive are the 3 reasons pearl jam was ever heard of.
best track: "jeremy"

3: The DOORS- The DOORS
incredible. jim, ray, robby, john, i salute you. i worship you.
best track: Light My Fire

2. Led Zeppelin- The Untitled Fourth Album
Perfection in my head. just perfection. my ears are being caressed by the sound. i love it. this is the reason rock music is still around. this is why my No. 1 album exists.
Best track: "Stairway to Heaven" the most played song in radio history.

1. Nirvana- Nevermind
The powerful (if a bit crappily played) guitar. the amazing bass lines. the furious drums. Kurt Cobain wrote the best songs the 1990s ever heard. he sang the most furiously and truely. he played the raging, heavily distorted guitar, as well as the acoustic guitar near the couch. Krist Novoselic, his friend since high school, played an amazing bass that just fit like a jigsaw piece into the puzzle of grunge rock. Dave grohl. a recently recruited drummer who could play a stadium without drum mics. WOW. the writing was that of a true blue kurt, a depressed drug-using, unshowered guy, who just happened to be a genius. the bass was pure, and amazing from the first album, Bleach, to Nevermind, where it really counted, to You know you're right, the last Nirvana recording. Dave played furious fast drums that just hooked you like a fish hook. the songs were written immaculately, and performed even moreso. Perfect 10 out of 10. Brilliant. Perfect. just Perfect. that is all
Best track: Drain you

shrguitarst
08-07-2005, 02:09 AM
10. Smash-The Offspring
Amazing Punk rock. Excelent drum. Classic Offspring punk.
Favorite Songs- Come out and play, Self Esteem, What happaned to you

9. Exile on Main Street-The Rolling Stones
I love the Stones and this album is my favorite. It has a good mix of Classic rock, and some good country rock. Lots of Saxsophone solos which are really cool.
Favorites Songs- Sweet Virginia, Rocks off,Tumblin dice

8. X&Y-Colplay[/B]
This is probly Colplays best album, but all of the albums are amazing. I was very pleased when this album came out this year.
Favorite Songs-Kingdom Come, Swallowed in the sea, What if, Speed of Sound

7. Audiosalve-Audioslave
Audioslave was one of my first bands i started to listen to. This album is so uniqe from most stuff done before it. I was surprised when I heard they used to be Rage Against the Machine cause i hate them. This also a good album for listining at night.
Favorite songs- Like a Stone, Cochise, Set it off

6. Elephant-The White Stripes
A great album lots of good hard rockin power cords, but still have some mellow songs. Jack White is very talented.
Favorites Songs- Black Math, Ball and Biscuit, Seven Nation Army

5. Americana-The Offspring
Another great offspring album. A little more creativity put into this one.
Favorite Songs- Staring at the sun, The Kids aren't all right, Feelings

4. Californication-Red Hot Chili Peppers
Good combonation of soft and hard rock. They are my favorite band very great every member of the band.
Favorite Songs-Around the world, Scar tissue, Easily

3. Blood Sugar Sex Magic-Red Hot Chili Peppers
A great uniqe funk album. I've never heard anything else like it. Great solos.
Favorite Songs-Under the bridge,The Greeting Song, Power of equility, Suck my kiss to name some

2.Dookie-Green Day
WOW! I love every single song on this album. I love it so much listen to it all the time. Such a better album than American Idiot.
Favorite Songs-Basket case, Longview, Chump, Having a blast, in the end, When I Come Around

1. By The Way-Red Hot Chili Peppers
A Great Album. Excelent Harmony. Alot softer than earlier stuff but it still is great.
Favorite Songs- Universally Speaking, Can't Stop, Dosed, On Mercury, Midnight.

you appear to be a real music connosieur. you know good music. you seem like a person who is not ignorant to any rock music type. or at least good rock music types. and you're right, flea is godly. best bassist ever.

Oddsen
08-08-2005, 05:31 PM
thnx,your right, i do listen to all kinds of rock classic, alternitive, punk

Punx.Not.Dead
08-09-2005, 02:45 PM
10. Billy Talent - Billy Talent
9. Flatliners - Destroy to Create
8. Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocks
7. Green Day - Insomniac
6. Clash - The Clash
5. Ramones - Self Titled
4. Bad Religion - No Control
3. Offspring - Smash
2. Clash - London Calling
1. Green Day - Nimrod

Too lazy to explain why ...there just all awsome albums.

chumpradio
08-09-2005, 02:51 PM
2. Jimmy Eat World - Futures
3. Alkaline Trio - Maybe I'll Catch Fire
4. Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends
5. Green Day - Nimrod
6. Straylight Run - Straylight Run
7. Alkaline Trio - The Alkaline Trio
8. Alkaline Trio - Goddamnit
9. Armor For Sleep - What To Do When You Are Dead
10. Blink 182 - Dude Ranch

That was hard. I had to choose between classics that I've liked for years (Dude Ranch, Nimrod), and new albums which I love at the moment.

BringHomeTheBacon
08-09-2005, 03:07 PM
Honorable Mention- Smashing Pumpkins- Siamese Dreams, Sum 41- Does This Look Infected, RHCP- Blood Sugar Sex Magik
10. Foo Fighters- In Your Honor
Best Songs- End Over End, Friend of a Friend, Free Me
9. Radiohead- O.K Computer
Best Songs- Paranoid Android, The Tourist, Karma Police
8. Jimmy Eat World- Futures
Best Songs- 23, Polaris, Nothingwrong
7. Jimmy Eat World- Static Prevails
Best Songs- Digits, Episode 4, Anderson Mesa
6. Green Day- Dookie
Best Songs- Welcome to Paradise, Longview, F.O.D.
5. Weezer- Pinkerton
Best Songs- Across the Sea, Pink Triangle, Tired of Sex
4. Nirvana- In Utero
Best Songs-All Apoligies, Serve the Servants, Heart-Shaped Box
3. Foo Fighters- The Colour and the Shape
Best Songs- Everlong, New Way Home, My Hero
2. Nirvana- Nevermind
Best Songs- Drain You, Territorial Pissings, Smells Like Teen Spirit
1. Weezer- Blue Album Deluxe Edition
Best Songs- Undone (Kitchen Demo), Say it Ain't So, Only in Dreams

Sorry my list is kind of lacking pop-punk.

Angry Balled Fists!
08-09-2005, 03:40 PM
2. Jimmy Eat World - Futures
3. Alkaline Trio - Maybe I'll Catch Fire
5. Green Day - Nimrod
6. Straylight Run - Straylight Run
7. Alkaline Trio - The Alkaline Trio
8. Alkaline Trio - Goddamnit
9. Armor For Sleep - What To Do When You Are Dead
10. Blink 182 - Dude Ranch

That was hard. I had to choose between classics that I've liked for years (Dude Ranch, Nimrod), and new albums which I love at the moment.

Ouch, no Good Mourning.

Pete
08-09-2005, 03:49 PM
Honorary mentions: Lots upon lots of artists I didn't feel fit in the pop-punk forum (Raised Fist, Strike Anywhere, Protest the hero, tens of metal bands, etc). Skumdum, Bigwig, Belvedere, Choke, Good Riddance - they weren't far away, amongst with some others.

But here's my countdown;

10. Millencolin - Tiny Tunes / Same Old Tunes

Great riffage, fast drums, Swedish accent. And add to that the great songs - you get one hell of an album. This is the way skate circa 1994 should sound, and every time I listen to it the 90's are alive again.

Best songs: Mr. Clean; Leona; Domestic Subway

9. De Lyckliga Kompisarna - Le Som en Fotomodell

I'm Swedish - so sue me. Catchy as hell, really funny and just plain great pop-punk. Some of the best, even, Sweden has to offer - and believe me when I say they give all your American bands a run for their money.

Best songs: CP Framför Sin TV; Ishockeyfrisyr; Dricka Sprit och Hålla Käften

8. The Offspring - Smash

The classic (Stereotypical? Yes. Incredibly good? Oh, yes) riffs, the youth energy, the nostalgia... Whatever you may think of the band today (fact: they suck now), this album is skate punk perfection.

Best songs: Nitro (Youth Energy); Genocide; Smash

7. Inspection 12 - In Recovery

This bands "break-through" album on Honest Dons. It's mostly new versions of old songs, but their old songs are just as awesome as the newer ones. Great melodic sensibilities, and the superb songwriting of Dan McLintock. Pop-punk can be really, really good!

Best songs: Elegy; Secret Identity; Immortal Beloved

6. Propagandhi - Today's Empires, Tomorrow's Ashes

Ranging from pop-punk to prog-thrash, this album is an epic masterpiece - the lyrical content alone qualifies this for any "best album" competition. The guitar lines, the rhythms, the vocals... It's just pure excellence from first to last moment.

Best songs: Back to the Motor League; Fuck the Border; Mate Ka Moris Ukun Rasik An

5. Rise Against - Revolutions Per Minute

The best RA album - and that doesn't say a little. One of the absolutely best, if not the best, melodicore albums ever. A pop-punk sense for melodies and a hardcore sense for energy, all accompanied by the next-to-flawless vocals of Tim McIlrath. Political, passionate and powerful. Excellent.

Best songs: Black Masks and Gasoline; Torches; Last Chance Blueprint

4. Lagwagon - Trashed

As impossible as it is for me to choose one Lagwagon album, this one has it all - the killer hooks, the excellent dual guitar work, and (which gives it some edge) the extraordinary drumming of Derrick Plourde (RIP). I love these guys and all of this album.

Best songs: Dis'chords; Rust; Island of Shame

3. NOFX - Punk in Drublic

The band, and the album, that got me into punk music to begin with. This is pure classic pop/skate at it's very best (with the record sales to prove it). Although I love all NOFX albums equally, I chose to put this. It's awesome.

Best songs: Dig; Don't Call Me White; Dying Degree

2. A Wilhelm Scream - Mute Print

Can you say "harmony overload"? Is it possible to write harmonies for every guitarpart and vocal part, all the way through an album? Yes, if you're called Trevor Rielly. And it sounds so good! This is the best melodic hardcore/punk ever. Everything, even down to the artwork, just screams (lol, pun) perfection.

Best songs: The Rip; William Blake Overdrive; Stab. Stab. Stab.

1. Craig's Brother - Lost at Sea

This album just crystallizes everything good about pop-punk. It's so amazingly well-written (as a writing duo Ted Bond/Dan McLintock blows even Lennon/McCartney out of the water), beautifully executed and ear-pleasing. Any fan of melodic music needs to hear, and thus love, this album. I'm at a loss of words still, and I've had it for a good 4 years.

Best songs: Glory; Lullaby; Masonic; Divorce; Head in a Cloud; Back and Forth; Falling Out; Set Free; Prince of America; Lost at Sea - all of them!

albert_bass
08-09-2005, 04:10 PM
Good to see you love trashed too.

ALbert likes some brilliant music

:naughty:

TyVeRsOn_03
08-15-2005, 12:20 PM
AC/DC - Back in Black
AC/DC - Highway to Hell
AC/DC - For Those About to Rock
Led Zeppelin - IV

i can think right now.....but those are some kick *** albums

Firecracker
08-15-2005, 02:40 PM
This was amazingly hard.

Hep Kat
03-11-2006, 09:04 AM
10. Rush- Spirit of the Radio
Yes, this is a greatest hits album, but they were some great hits.

9. Joe Satriani- Is There Love in Space?
I don’t know why, but this is my favorite work from Satch. I Wish I Could Fly is a brilliant song.

8. Lacuna Coil- Comalies
I’m not really a dark, gloomy, gothic kind of guy, but Lacuna Coil is where I make the exception. Really, the best part of this album is the excellent tandem vocal work of Cristina Scabbia and Andrea Farro.

7. Metallica- Master of Puppets
The quintessential thrash metal album? I think yes.

6. Afi- The Art of Drowning
This album is just fantastic to listen to end-to-end. I can’t help but scream along to the vocals when I hear them.

5. The Mars Volta- Frances the Mute
Bold, ambitious, ambient, frightening, amazing, engrossing: Those are the adjectives that come to mind when I think of this 5 song prog-rock masterpiece.

4. AC/DC- Live (2CD)
This is the proof that AC/DC, is in fact, the only band to sound a hell of a lot better live.

3. Pearl Jam- Ten
The essential grunge bands essential alum. You can’t really do much better than this. It’s simply amazing.

2. The Original Cast Recording of Jesus Christ Superstar
One of the greatest listening experiences ever written and recorded.

1. The Mars Volta- Deloused in the Comatorium
Not much can be said about perfection. Every song on this masterpiece is perfect, and Eriatarka has grown to be my favorite track of all time.

Thank you by Stone Temple Pilots almost made it.

Get Fighted
03-11-2006, 09:12 AM
10. Panic! At The Disco - A Fever You Cant Sweat Out.
Full of catchy, fun, snythed songs. So fun to listen too.
Favourite Tracks: The Only Difference Between Martyrdom And Suicide Is Press Coverage, Nails For Breakfast, Tacks For Snacks

9. Boxcar Racer - S/T.
This album has more darker, meaningful songs than Blink. The album is both loud and soft and is packed with killer songs.
Favourite Tracks: And I, I feel so

8. Lostprophets - The Fake Sound Of Progress.
My brother bought this album a few years back and he loved it, i overheard it and i loved it. I recently stole it off him and it was better than i remembered. This is such an easy album to listen too with the cool guitar riffs and loud but catchy verses. A masterpiece.
Favourite Tracks: Five is a four letter word, And she told me to leave

7. Madonna - Ray Of Light.
Ha, my guilty pleasure but i love it. Some songs songs make you want to cry but the others put you in a great mood which is why i like it so much. My favourite pop album.
Favourite Tracks: The power of goodbye, Sky fits heaven

6. Funeral For A Friend - Hours
Some say its thier worst but apart from 7 ways to scream your name (which is an E.P so i cant put it here) i think its thier best. The songs may be depressing but make you think about life which is something i love doing.
Favourite Tracks: Roses for the dead, All the rage

5. Blink 182 - Dude Ranch
Thier most punky, fun and raw album. A pop punk masterpiece, im sure alot of you will agree.
Favourite Tracks: Dammit, Im sorry

4. Green Day - 1039 / Smoothed out slappy hours
An album i can really relate to, the pressures of being young but at the same time the fun of it. This album shows BJ's real talent. Green Day at thier earliest but best.
Favourite Tracks: Dissapearing boy, Dry ice

3. The Darkness - Permission To Land
This is pure genius, British rock at its best. Great lyrics, great singing, great instrument playing (except maybe Bass). I could never stop listening to it when i first got it.
Favourite Tracks: Love is only a feeling, Love on the rocks with no ice

2. Fall Out Boy - Take This To Your Grave
Ive only just got this but already it is one of my favourites. It grows on you like hell, i cant stop listening to it. The lyrics are amazing (I want to hate you half as much as i hate myself).
Favourite Tracks: Saturday, The pros and cons of breathing.

1. Blink 182 - S/T
This album got me into Blink, i love it. Some of the best songs ive ever heard. Tom and Mark can create magic and this album is proof.
Favourite Tracks: Violence, Stockholme syndrome, Feeling this.

Yeah old thread but whatever. Cheers Spence.

Gnarmageddon
03-11-2006, 09:41 AM
I guess I'll do one of these since I never did.

10. Guttermouth - Musical Monkey
No matter what, when I listen to this album, I always laugh. I used to not be into Guttermouth that much, but this album completely changed the way I look at pop punk. Every song is catchy and funny.

Best Songs: What's the Big Deal?, Do the Hustle, Baker's Dozen, Abort Mission

9. Ghost Mice - Europe
I wasn't a huge fan of folk punk until I heard Ghost Mice. I honestly haven't taken this CD out of my car in at least a few weeks. It's great driving music, and easy to listen to.

Best Songs: English Channel, Belgium, Germany, Ireland

8. Streetlight Manifesto - Everything Goes Numb
Without a doubt one of the best ska albums of all time. Responsible for getting me into ska, this album is one of my favorites of all time.

Best Songs: Everything Went Numb, Point/Counterpoint, Failing, Flailing, Here's To Life

7. Pig Destroyer - Terrifyer
Wow. My first thought when I heard this album for the first time. The intro scares the s'hit out of you and the album never stops melting your face for the whole 32 minutes 9 seconds it lasts. One of the greatest grind bands of all time, with one of the greatest grind albums of all time.

Best Songs: Pretty In Casts, Thumbsucker, Gravedancer, Sourheart

6. Glassjaw - Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence
It may sound strange, but this album means a lot to me. At times, it can capture everything I'm feeling, and listening to it is an experience. Worship and Tribute is still excellent, but I've always liked this album more.

Best Songs: Siberian Kiss, Lovebites and Razorlines, Majour, Piano

5. Pelican - The Fire In Our Throats Will Beckon the Thaw
I always debate whether I like Australasia or TFIOTWBtT better, but the latter usually comes out on top. Listening to Pelican is one of the most mind blowing things I have ever done in my entire life. They put me in an excellent mood.

Best Songs: Autumn Into Summer, Untitled, Sirius

4. Minutemen - Double Nickels on the Dime
The Minutemen are the cause of me picking up the bass again. I hadn't played my bass in a few months, and once I heard Viet Nam, I knew I had to learn how to play it. Every song on this album is good, hands down.

Best Songs: Viet Nam, Cohesion, Two Beads at the End, Toadies, Corona, The Glory of Man

3. The Smiths - The Smiths
Not much to say about this album except that it rules. I never thought I'd like The Smiths, but they've become one of my favorite bands in the last few months, and this album comes out on top as their best work.

Best Songs: You've Got Everything Now, Pretty Girls Make Graves, This Charming Man, Still Ill

2. NOFX - So Long and Thanks For All the Shoes
Every NOFX album is good. I can't deny that. But out of all of them, this is the one that I usually listen to the most. There's something about it that I can't put my finger on, but it's so good. SO GOOD.

Best Songs: Kids of the K-Hole, 180 Degrees, All Outta Angst, Eat the Meek

1. Smoke or Fire - Above the City
It surprises me how much I like Smoke or Fire. I've only listened to them for a few months, but they are amazing. Every song on Above the City is so good. I'm going to see them tomorrow, and I'm singing along to every song, no matter what. I've listened to this album countless times and I don't think it will ever get old.

Best Songs: All of them.

Yeah, I guess that's it. This took me about 45 minutes to do. It was so hard to pick albums. There are so many good ones.

Chilly-Bean-Bop
03-11-2006, 10:36 AM
I don't have many, and I don't have time to do too many.

1. Tsunami Bomb- The Definitive Act
This cd doesn't have a bad song on it. Agent M's vocals really are the best I've heard from her, and they are just sew secksi. Also, nice bass lines done by Matt.
Favorite Songs: Epic, My Machete, A Lonely Chord

2. Misfits- Static Age
I, like Oz, also thinks this is a fantastic cd. I rarely have to skip any songs, and their songs seem so damn catchy.
Favorite Songs: Last Caress, Angel****, Attitude, Theme For a Jackal

3. Alkaline Trio- Maybe I'll Catch Fire
You can't have a list of best CD's without Alkaline Trio being on it. MICF has their well-known song, Radio on it, and, of course, I like that song. Madame Me is one of the coolest and creative songs I've heard before, its so neat.
Favorite Songs: Madame Me,

I HAVE TO FINISH THIS LATER, I GOTTA GO.

CommieCanada
03-11-2006, 11:51 AM
1. The Cure - Bloodflowers
This is my favorite album by my favorite band so of course its going to be at the top. Every song from start to finish is just brilliant. I love listening to this album in the dark with my lava lamp going. Its so chill, but so sad.

2. Sunny Day Real Estate - Diary
This album pretty much sums up what i love about music. Its so powerful without being too heavy. This album speaks volumes about the confrontations and uncertainties that people face in life

3. Jawbreaker - 24 Hour Revenge Therapy
IMO the best pop-punk album ever written. Jawbreaker just has a way of speaking to me. Its like rooting for the underdog. This album touches on the same subjects as a lot of pop-punk but in a very much more poetic way

4. Thursday - Full Collapse
This is just a damn classic. Thursday pretty much sums up why i have become obsessed with music and they more or less got me into most of the music i listen to. This album is perfect all the way through.

5. Elliott Smith - Either/Or
I'm not much for singer songwritters, but Elliott Smith is such a tragic singer. All of his songs are ridiculosly sad but so well written. I cry every time i listen to this album.

6. Bright Eyes - Lifted
This is the perfect Bright Eyes record. It has so much going for it. plenty of variety and heartfelt songs to last me all day.

7. Christie Front Drive - Stereo
This album is the end all be all of second wave emo for me. It has the dynamics that make that era what it is and enough heartfelt emotion to break your heart

8. Jimmy Eat World - Clarity
see above

9. Copeland - beneath the medicine tree
Copeland always reminds me of some of the happiest times in my life with beautiful sweeping melodies and songs about love. I adore this record

10. Muse - Absolution
Every single song on this record sounds like they are trying to get your full attention. While most claim that this is Muse's worst record, it was the first i heard from them so it means a lot to me

Loserkid
03-11-2006, 12:02 PM
Andy, Absolution is muses worst album. BUt i still find it absolutly amazing, and its the one i always find myself listening to. Stockholme Syndrome, Hysteria, The Small Pritn, and Thaughts of a Dieing Athest are amazing.

Kapura
03-11-2006, 02:37 PM
1- The Barney movie soundtrack (I love you, you love me...)
2- Bullet in a bible, greenday
3- American idiot, greenday
4- International superhits, greenday
5- Dookie, Greenday
6- Flashpoint, The rolling stones
7- Bridges to babylon
8- Abiggerbang, The Stones
9- Let it Bleed- The Stones
10- Some girls, The Stones

~KN~

Gnarmageddon
03-11-2006, 02:42 PM
1- The Barney movie soundtrack (I love you, you love me...)
2- Bullet in a bible, greenday
3- American idiot, greenday
4- International superhits, greenday
5- Dookie, Greenday
6- Flashpoint, The rolling stones
7- Bridges to babylon
8- Abiggerbang, The Stones
9- Let it Bleed- The Stones
10- Some girls, The Stones

~KN~
Quite a variety you've chosen there.

form
03-11-2006, 03:02 PM
Quite a variety you've chosen there.

Haha.

---
I can't really say, but these would be on the list definitly.
No order either.

For sure a Blink album
For sure a 2pac album
Brand New-YFW
A7X-WTF
It Dies Today-The Caitiff Choir
As I Lay Dying-Shadows are Security

Jom
03-11-2006, 03:10 PM
So I take it these albums don't all have to be pop-punk, right?

God dammit, I have no clue if I can come up with a Top 50, let alone a Top 10 :upset:

Untitled
03-11-2006, 03:34 PM
My list would have.

Muse - Origin of Symmetry
Muse - Absoltion
blink182 - Dude Ranch
Greenday - Nimrod
Stereophonics - Proformance and cocktials
Alkaline Trio - From Here To Infermery.
Ordinary Boys - Over The Counter Culture
Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends
NoFX - Punk In Drublic
Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand

I dunno an order.

Pazz
03-11-2006, 04:38 PM
I might attempt this later when I have a bit of time. I can see it being quite hard to do.:p

Dead Star
03-11-2006, 04:44 PM
My List would be-

blink-182 - Dude Ranch
Muse - Origin Of Symmetry
Muse - Absolution
Green Day - Insomniac
The Offspring - Smash
Alkaline Trio - Maybe I'll Catch Fire
NOFX - Punk In Drublic
Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables
Anti Flag - A New Kind Of Army
Bouncing Souls - How I Spent My Summer Vacation

I can't choose an order.

Muse - Showbiz would have been in there, but I already had 2 Muse albums in.

Hep Kat
03-11-2006, 05:18 PM
I think I'm going to do an all pop-punk one too.

That should be fun.

Hep Kat
03-11-2006, 05:32 PM
10. Good Charlotte- The Young and the Hopeless
Say what you will. I may not be a huge fan of GC on the whole, but I can recognize the catchiness of this album.

9. Blink 182- Greatest Hits
Not my favorite band, but this is a good compilation. Bring on Angels and Airwaves.

8. Gatsby’s American Dream- Volcano
A pop-punk concept album about an erupting volcano? Sweet.

7. Midtown- Forget What You Know
Us New Jerzians have to stick together.

6. Thursday- Waiting
Us New Jerzians have to uh…stick together.

5. Green Day- Dookie
Probably their best work, and my favorite by far.

4. Boysetsfire- Tomorrow Come Today
I remember the day Nathan Gray called my cousin and I up to tell us he was sending us an advance copy of this. I’ve loved it ever since I received it two days later.

3. Lostprophets- Start Something
I just love every aspect of this album.

2. The Army of Freshmen- Beg, Borrow, Steal
Enough said. (http://sputnikmusic.com/album.php?reviewid=5533)

1. Denver Harbor- Scenic
This is just such a damn good album.

Well, this list is at least more pop-punk oriented.

Concubine
03-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Ugh, it's really hard...

10. Dream Theater - Images And Words
Progressive rock at it's best. I never really like their vocalist, but the band sounds amazing. Great interplay between the guitar and the keyboard. Love it.
9. Bear Vs Shark - Right Now, You're In The Best Hands
Seriously underrated. Too bad that they're broken up now. Anyway, i like this cd alot. It kinda a mixture between ATDI and Cap'n'Jazz. The vocal is just incredible, probably one of the most original voice i've ever heard.
8. Interpol - Turn On The Bright Lights
I'm not really into indie, but this is one hell of an album. I love the atmospheric feel to it. The vocalist motonote voice also works really well. Don't forget the bass lines, it's really good.
7. Elliott Smith - XO
This album gets me into Elliott Smith. The lyrics are good, mostly have a depressed feel to it, which i love:p . I also love the use of orchestra in this album.
6. Glassjaw - Worship And Tribute
I love Darryl's voice, he could get whiny without sounds annoying, but he could also screams like hell. The guitar work is really good, with bunch of weird effects thrown here and there.
5. The Mars Volta - DeLoused In Comatorium
Eh, this album is what got me into progressive rock. I'm a big fan of ATDI, so the ATDI sound that still apparent on this album makes me love it even more. The guitar is just amazing, with a couple solos thrown in. Don't forget the bass, Flea did an amazing job with it.
4. Saetia - A Retrospective
My first "real" emo album, and great one too. The lyrics are very poetic, the talking/shouting/screaming vocal works really well. I also really love how they put the clean guitar section in almost every song.
3. Coheed And Cambria - The Second Stage Turbine BladeGreat album. Great guitars. great bass. I don't get annoyed by Claudio's high voice, too. It's amazing how the lyrics of the album are all part of a story. I think, musically, this album is their best.
2. Converge - Jane DoeThe first two songs have a really grindy and chaotic feel to it. The drumming is just amazing and fast. The rest of the album is not bad either.
1. At The Drive In - Relationship Of Command
Ah, the best post-hardcore album ever made, hands down. The music is sooo original that i couldn't help to fall in love with it. They also kickass live. :thumb:

Almost made it to the list :
1. Thrice - Illusion Of Safety
2. Fear Before The March Of Flames - Odd How People Shake
3. Hopesfall - The Satellite Years
4. Poison The Well - You Come Before You
5. Opeth - Still Life
6. ... Trail Of Dead - Souce Tags And Codes
7. Jimmy Eat World - Clarity
8. Tool - Lateralus

Jersey's Best Dancer
03-11-2006, 08:02 PM
It's funny looking back at my top 10 i did in July, and like half those those songs wouldn't be on my list now. Maybe I'll do a new one.

Society Sellout
03-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Ahh I remember this thread a while from a while back. Well here goes mine.

10. The Mars Volta - Deloused
- Everything on this album makes it amazing, from it's unique guitar work to the soaring vocals and odd anatomy filled lyrics. The grooves flow from spastic guitar licks to laid back, jazzy drum and bass filled sections which cascade your ears through out the Volta's work. Only reason it's not higher is because of the "filler" noise that fills the album now and again which really annoys me.

9. Thursday - War All the Time
-This album goes on here because it is what first got me into Thursday, who introduced me to what music really could be about, passion. While not nearly as good as FC, this album swept me up and excited me to search for more music I could love as much as Thursday's.

8. Brand New- Deja Entendu
- I think this album really drills a place in your heart. Jesse can be a great writer at times(Sic Trasit, MvMvE, Okay I Believe you) and somewhat lax at others but these songs really took a life of their own for me and I do consider it one of my favorites as well as admiting it has it's faults.

7. Dredg - Catch Without Arms
- Recently discovered this amazing band when I saw C&C. Powerful vocals, artful guitar riffs, and moving, honest lyrics. While it might not be the masterpiece that is El Cielo, it is amazing in it's own right.

6. The Fall of Troy - ST
- I don't know if I've heard anything so amazing as when I read that Tom plays everything on this album live! Truely a masterful guitarist and a great album even if it's not as balanced as I would have liked.

5. Thrice - Vhessiu
- On the other hand this has got to be one of the most balanced albums I have EVER heard. In design and art there is always to be considered the balance of a work and Thrice nailed it on the head with Vhessiu. Crecendoing to their previous post hardcore, throated, screams to the soft pulsating sounds of Alantic and the hushed intro drum beats of Red Sky this album shifts back and forth so beautifully I can almost feel it when I reach to put this in the CD player.

4. Coheed and Cambria - Second Stage Turbine Spinning
- From the long intro in Time Consumer to the mystic keyboard on the end of the hidden track I was hooked on this album. It is by far their best album, maybe not musically but for it's raw feel and the passion that flows out of it. It is also the album that, I think has the strongest concept behind it.

3. Dredg- El Cielo
- When I heard 'Catch without Arms' I barely could believe what people where saying, that El Cielo was actually better? How could it be? 'Catch without arms' was amazing! I couldn't find it anywhere in stores so I downloaded it off itunes, and listened to it while I fell asleep that night. I have to confirm what everyone was saying, it IS better. This album does NOTHING you will expect, switching from soft and simply amazing piano intreludes to hard pounding guitar riffs in odd time signatures and then shifting again to a beautiful male bass chior to finish the album off in a spin chilling way. This is one album I think EVERYONE should listen to at least once.

2. Thursday- Full Collapse
- This album stayed in my car cd player for at least two months before I finally took it out for fear of ruining the songs for myself, that alone says a lot! This album totally changed the way I saw music, I began to disect each part and ask myself "Why did the choose to do it like that?". This album is challenges you musically and mentally.

1. Jeff Buckley - Grace
- I was introduced to this amazing mid 90's artist by a girl who would later break my heart which is some of the reason I hold to this artist so much. It is simply amazing what this man did, even though he only offically released one full album it was one hella great album. Heart rendering, tenor vocals rip through this album and into that space in your heart where you let no one see. Not only did Buckley have an insane range he had a gift for original composition of songs which he proves on every single track on Grace.

Whew that was long. Have fun!

ZaaR
03-11-2006, 08:27 PM
(In no order)

Anti-Flag- Underground Network

Rancid- '93

Rage Against the Machine- s/t

Modest Mouse- Good News For People Who Love Bad News

Nirvana- Nevermind

The Cure- Bloodflowers

At the Dive-in- Relationship of Command

Tool- AEnima

Nine Inch Nails- The Downward Spiral

Afi- Sing the Sorrow

More than half of those aren't pop-punk, but oh well.

looking back i don't listen to almost any of those albums anymore

my new list would be:

1. Rise Against - Revolutions Per Minute

2. Tool - Lateralus

3. Rancid - '93

4. Anti-Flag - Underground Network

5. Blink 182 - The Mark, Tom, and Travis Show

6. Agalloch - Pale Folklore

7. RATM - s/t

8. Streetlight Manifesto - Everything Went Numb

9. Converge - You Fail Me

10. Alexisonfire - s/t

poo-poo-pee-pee
03-11-2006, 08:29 PM
I can't bo bothered thinking about this too much, so here's 10 album's I really like, probly not my very favourtes though...

In no particullar order:

1. Sum 41 - Does This Look Infected.
Fav songs: Over My Head (Better Off Dead), Still Waiting, No Brains.

2. Thrice - The Artist In The Ambulance.
Fav songs: The Artist In The Ambulance, Cold Cash And Colder Hearts, All That's Left.

3. Thursday - War All The Time.
Fav songs: For The Workfore, Drowning, Marches And Maneuvers, War All The Time.

4. Finch - What It Is To Burn.
Fav songs: What It Is To Burn, Three Simple Words, Letters To You

5. Offspring - Smash.
Fav songs: Come Out And Play, Self Esteem, Genocide.

6. UnderOath - They're Only Chasing Safety
Fav songs: Reinventing Your Exit, A Boy Brushed Red.... Living In Black And White, Down, Set, Go.

7. Green Day - Dookie.
Fav songs: Burnout, Basket Case, She.

8. Offspring - Ixnay On The Hombre.
Fav songs: All I Want, Way Down The Line, Gone Away.

9. Behind Crimson Eyes - Pavour Nocturnus
Fav songs: The Black Veil, Empty Promises, Game Of Life

10. blink-182 - All Of Them...
Fav songs: Fentoozler, Carousel, Does My Breath Smell, M+M's, Dammit, Dumpweed, Stay Together For The Kids, Shut Up, Stockholm Syndrome, and more...

Jom
03-11-2006, 08:43 PM
I have to say that this was rather difficult. I narrowed it down to twenty, and it wasn't too bad getting it to fifteen, but narrowing it to ten was pretty tough for a number of reasons.

So let's roll with this. I'm sure this list is going to change two minutes after I post it and 982394289348923 times after that, but let's just stick with this for now.

///

10. Hootie and the Blowfish - Cracked Rear View

Really, this was the album that started my I've-spent-way-too-much-fucking-money-on-music collection. Growing up with my parents, I had always listened to whatever they had on the radio or whatever album they had on. It was at a time when lively pop rock had a pretty good strangehold on radio, and so I really dug the singles being played. And this is still damn good music to me, too. Hootie's ad-libbed outro choruses are great, and the album is just a great listen. Its closer, "Goodbye," is one of the more heartwrenching songs for me, and staple songs such as "Time" and "Hannah Jane" are lovely numbers.

Top three tracks: 1. Time | 2. Hannah Jane | 3. Not Even the Trees

9. Arcturus - La Masquerade Infernale

From the spooky rendition of an Edgar Allan Poe work on "Alone" to the haunting "Ad Astra," this album I find particularly easy to listen to. Maybe it's attributed to how my ears and how I perceive music have evolved, or maybe it's due to the music being quite good period.

Top three tracks: 1. Ad Astra | 2. The Chaos Path | 3. Alone

8. Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back

Hands-down my favorite PE album, even though I'm sure I'd face about a trillion debates from everyone saying they have better works. Honestly, though, this is probably the most glorified hip-hop album because they transcended the genre and obliterated any naysayers. And as focused and as pissed-off as this album is, it's absolute fun. No bitches and hoes, no guns, no sippin' Bacardis on yer berfday wif Fiddy. This is one of the hip-hop albums I give people when they write off the genre.

Top three tracks: 1. Bring the Noise | 2. She Watch Channel Zero?! | | 3. Mind Terrorist

7. Boston - Boston

This was their first and best, and I pretty much grew up on these guys, along with Bob Seger, Bruce Springsteen, Kansas, and other stellar acts. However, for me, it's kind of lame to put a "Greatest Hits" collection on a Top 10 list, so these guys get the nod. Recorded in a freakin' basement, this is just soulful tunes that force you to bob your head, snap your fingers, tap your foot, or whatever you do while listening to music you enjoy that involves you being stationary. Anyone can put this album in their CD player and dig it.

Top three tracks: 1. More Than a Feeling | 2. Peace of Mind | 3. Rock 'N Roll Band

6. Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030

One of the few acts that I found thanks to MX, and I'm thrilled about that because this album is brilliant. It's pretty much a concept album, with Del Tha Funkee Homosapien taking the stick and just throwing down behind Kid Koala and Dan the Automator. This is another album I toss people when they write off the hip-hop genre. And again, no sippin' Bicardis on yer birfday wif Fiddy or bangin' bitches. Fun, fun, a bit quirky, with more fun.

Top three tracks: 1. Things You Can Do | 2. 3030 | 3. Positive Contact

5. Memento - Beginnings

This is an album that won't blow people away in its entire play-through, but certain songs will pull you in, namely the epic 12:48 "Figure 8" and the incredible "Blister." The heavier-hitting songs, such as "Stare," are superb as well: in "Stare," the story of a childhood friend who committed suicide with a dog leash and a tree to escape sexual abuse from her father is told.

Top three tracks: 1. Stare | 2. Blister | 3. Figure 8

4. Cold - 13 Ways to Bleed On Stage

This is one of those albums that never left my CD player until I bought something new because it was just that great. This was also the apex of Cold's career, and it's a shame that they crashed and burned after this. The haunting, sullen, morose vibe of this album was simply unmatched at this time in their genre. The album's closer, "Bleed," features frontman Scooter Ward and Aaron Lewis of Staind, both with an acoustic, and both professing their love of music. "I need music to set me free, to let me bleed," they end together.

Top three tracks: 1. Bleed | 2. No One | 3. Sick of Man

3. Blue Man Group - The Complex

Listen to this album with surround sound, and listen to it LOUD. It will blow your walls in. Okay, so not really, but this album is pure class. The guest performers on this album bolster the album, but it's the Blue Men themselves that make this such a pleasant album. The "Rock Concert" gimmick/concept is quite fun, as are the Blue Men organization themselves.

Top three tracks: 1. Above | 2. Up to the Roof (with Tracy Bonham) | 3. Persona (with Josh Haden)

2. Mudvayne - L.D. 50

A masterpiece of the genre in every sense of the word. Technically proficient and relentless, it pushes the envelope of its genre and sets the bar for other bands to achieve for success. It's untouchable.

Top three tracks: 1. Death Blooms | 2. Severed | 3. Cradle

1. Barenaked Ladies - Stunt

If there's one album on this list that isn't going to move, it's probably this one. BNL are pretty much my favorite band, so it's no surprise that my favorite album of theirs is on here. BNL's quirky humor, their instrumental brilliance, and their overall style are all exemplified on this album. This is just one of those few albums that anyone can pop in and enjoy at any time. If you're going to listen to anything on this list, make it this album, and at least the top three songs below.

Top three tracks: 1. Some Fantastic | 2. One Week | 3. It's All Been Done

Yeah, there you have it.

EDIT: man, you guys suck for not reading what I have to say :upset:

Ganondorf
03-12-2006, 03:36 AM
My top 5 is slightly outdated now

chumpradio
03-12-2006, 04:43 AM
2. Jimmy Eat World - Clarity
3. Straylight Run - Straylight Run
4. Jack's Mannequin - Everything In Transit
5. Coheed And Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth : 3
6. Jimmy Eat World - Futures
7. Alkaline Trio - Maybe I'll Catch Fire
8. Coheed And Cambria - Good Apollo
9. The Academy Is... - Almost Here
10. Less Than Jake - Anthem

I had to refrain from putting all of JEW's albums in there, even though there should probably be about 5 by them in the top 10.

shangbang
03-12-2006, 08:24 PM
My old list is outdated so heres my new one

1.Alkaline Trio-Maybe I'll Catch Fire
2.Thursday-Full Collapse
3.A Wilhelm Scream-Mute Print
4.Against Me!-Reinventing Axl Rose
5.Taking Back Sunday-Tell All Your Friends
6.Hot Water Music-Caution
7.Bouncing Souls-How I Spent My Summer Vacation
8.Catch 22-Keasbey Nights
9.Rise Against-Revolution Per Minute
10.Comeback Kid-Wake the Dead

Pazz
03-12-2006, 09:26 PM
I'm not explaining them because choosing them was hard as hell to do.

1. Blink 182 – Take Off Your Pants and Jacket
2. Amber Pacific – The Possibility and the Promise
3. Vendetta Red – Sisters of the Red Death
4. Straylight Run – Straylight Run
5. Taking Back Sunday – Tell All Your Friends
6. Brand New – Deja Entendu
7. Paramore – All We Know Is Falling
8. Armor For Sleep – What To Do When You Are Dead
9. The Kinison – What Are You Listening To?
10. Thursday - War All of the Time

Just Missed
Smoke or Fire - Above the Fire
Thrice - Identity Crisis
From First to Last - Dear Diary, My Teen Angst Has A Body Count

Henrik
03-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Kind of hard to decide... I'm pretty shure about the best ones though:

1. Streetlight Manifesto - everything went numb
2. Against Me! - Reinventing Axl Rose
3. Catch 22 - Keasbey Nights
4. Operation Ivy - Operation Ivy
5. Rancid - ...And out come the wolves
6. Rise Against - Revolution per minute
7. The Clash - London calling
8. Bouncing Souls - How I spent my summer vacation
9. Millencolin - Life on a plate
10.Bad Religion - No control

Uhh I like my list.

insanepunkguy
03-13-2006, 03:25 PM
ok here mine then

10. Red Hot Chili Peppers- By the way
its an awesome album, and it always reminds me of my holidays in majorca in the summer every year, and contains some brilliant linking with the lyrics and the vocals and the melodies etc, great stuff.

9. Editors- The Back Room
this was an album that i had been anticipating for so long, after hearing editors about 6 months before the album was released, and it broke all my expectations, it was incredible, and even when im not into it at that particular time, its impace on me will never wear off.

8. Radiohead- the bends
where on earth is that noise coming from?! before i heard this i thought radiohead were a bunch of old indie rockers who were into techno, glockenspiels, and weird videos with little people in some guys bed. Jesus, this knocked me back something good!! it was just a mix of relentless noise and fuzz, and beautiful acoustic numbers. The strange thing was through all delay and overdrive it all made sense, and it just shook my head completely!!

7. Simon and Garfunkel- Bridge Over Troubled Water
im a massive fan of SnG, and this album is without doubt the best of theirs. The songs are just awe inspiring, and the title song is just amazing. The album has some of the best tunes around, and its just uplifting and inspirational.

6. R.E.M- Automatic for The People
One of the most uplifting albums about death ever. It's simply all the good things about R.E.M put into one album, sombred up alot and mellowed down. It's truly uplifting.

5. Arcade Fire- Funeral
Well if you read number 6, then i can tell you that this is the most uplifting album about death ever. Every song just makes you want to cry in a mix of joy and sadness. Just amazing.

4. Taking Back Sunday- Tell All Your Friends
Everything on this album made sense to me, it all went together so well, and it just rocked my mind. I cant think of much more to say about this album, but i love this band, and i loved this album.

3. Bloc Party- Silent Alarm
I wanted to make love to this album when i first heard it, so emotioanl and so sexy at the same time. It's so expressive, and you can always tell what there on about even if, lyrically, its not awfully clear. It was so melodic and so emotional, it was uplifting and moved me forward in terms of how i thought of music.

2. Franz Ferdinand- Franz Ferdinand
tha album that taught me to enjoy music again. The album that taught me to dance to music!! It just smacks you full on in the face with brilliant riffs, and makes you dance spontaneously!! ****ing brilliant!!

and the big one, here we go then...

1. Taking Back Sunday- Where You Want To Be
This album simply summed up every emotion id ever felt, and it was amazing to hear, every time i put it on i get that tingle, like something is going to happen to me with my girl at the time (if ive got one at that time). If there's an album about love and relationships which brings it all up and i cannot live without, then this is it. and album for any girl, any time and any love!!

Mute Print
03-13-2006, 05:06 PM
This was pretty much impossible, but I think this list is pretty good:

Honorable Mentions:
Against Me! - As The Eternal Cowboy
Coheed And Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3
Fall Out Boy - Take This To Your Grave
Gorilla Biscuits - Start Today
Hawthorne Heights - The Silence In Black And White
Hidden In Plain View - Life In Dreaming
Something Corporate - North
Sugarcult - Start Static
Terror - One With The Underdogs
Thursday - War All The Time

...and many more.

10. Bad Religion - The Process Of Belief
My first punk album, and still my favorite.

Top Tracks: "Broken", "Sorrow", "Supersonic"

9. Catch 22 - Keasbey Nights
Definitely one of greatest ska albums ever created. It really helped me get into ska.

Top Tracks: "Keasbey Nights", "1234 1234", "9mm And A Three Piece Suit"

8. Poison The Well - You Come Before You
This album really helped me to extend my tastes. It really helped get me into the hardcore/metalcore scene, and it's still one of my favorites.

Top Tracks: "The Realist", "Pleasant Bullet", "Ghost Chant"

7. Set It Straight - My Favorite Words
I love everything about this album. The lyrics are incredibly positive, and reflect a lot of my beliefs.

Top Tracks: "For You, For Me", "My Favorite Words", "Conversation"

6. A Wilhelm Scream - Ruiner
This album was my favorite of 2005. The energy and musicianship this band brings to every track is unbelievable.

...and this isn't even their best release. (see: Mute Print)

Top Tracks: "Me Vs. Morrissey In The Pretentiousness Contest (The Ladder Match)", "The King Is Dead", "The Soft Sell"

5. A Wilhelm Scream - Mute Print
Even though this album isn't at the top of the list, it is still an incredible album. I pretty much love every track, and like I said with Ruiner, this album is full of unbelievable energy and musicianship. The only thing keeping it from the top is that it hasn't stood the test of time* as well as the albums ahead of it.

*For no other reason than I've had the other albums longer.

Top Tracks: "The Rip", "Anchor End", Stab. Stab. Stab."

Such an awesome album. Although I don't listen to it as much as I used to, it still fascinates me every time I put it on. The lyrics are near impossible to match, and every aspect of this album is incredible.

Top Tracks: "Cute Without The 'E' (Cut From The Team)", "There's No 'I' In Team", "Timberwolves At New Jersey"

3. The Starting Line - Say It Like You Mean
It was almost impossible to decide between this album and Tell All Your Friends, as both albums share very similar qualities, but ultimately I had to go with The Starting Line. Every track on this album is so catchy, and as a whole, this album is spectacular.

Top Tracks: "The Best Of Me", "Up And Go", "This Ride"

2. blink-182 - Take Off Your Pants And Jacket
This was one of the first albums I ever owned, and it is still one of the best. It was the album that first got me into pop-punk, and really one of the first albums to spark my interest in music. At the time, this album was unlike anything else I listened to. I could play it over and over and never get bored.

Even now, although I don't listen to blink-182 nearly as much as I used to, this album is still perfect when I'm looking for something fun, catchy, and different. There is nothing better than throwing it on and just chilling.

Top Tracks: "Stay Together for The Kids", "Reckless Abandon", "Anthem Part II"

1. Thrice - The Artist In The Ambulance
"From the intense guitars to the insane screams, this is truly one of the greatest albums in recent memory."

When I reviewed this album for the top 75 pop-punk albums, that was the sentence I used to sum things up, and even now, I find it to be very fitting.

Although many people are split over Thrice's best album, it is very clear to me that The Artist In The Ambulance is unmatched. Every line, every riff, every scream, and every track is nothing short of perfect. I fell in love with this album after just one listen, and I think it will be very difficult to remove it from the top of my list.

Top Tracks: "The Artist In The Ambulance", "Paper Tigers", "Stare At The Sun"

Society Sellout
03-13-2006, 06:10 PM
Geez... would you people stop using stupidly colored font like that? Hurts my eyes something awful.

B
03-13-2006, 06:16 PM
boohoo

stop having gay eyes

when I do mine Ill make sure it's all brighly coloured so your eyes implode

cbmartinez
03-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Actually, that green is actually pretty painful.

Mute Print
03-13-2006, 06:23 PM
Geez... would you people stop using stupidly colored font like that? Hurts my eyes something awful.
I did it just to piss you off.

:rolleyes:

B
03-13-2006, 07:06 PM
Honourable mentions: Rise Against – Revolutions Per Minute, Finch – What It Is To Burn, Brand New – Deja Entendu, Hopesfall – The Satellite Years, Coheed and Cambria – Second Stage Turbine Blade & In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth:3, Poison the Well – The Opposite of December, Blink 182 – TOYPaJ, EotS

All these albums could have easily replaced the ones on the list and probably would but won’t because of the simple fact that I’m getting tired of this list already.

10. Brand New – Your Favourite Weapon
Pop-punk at it’s finest. Filled with teen angst this album is one album that I can listen to multiple times in a row without ever getting bored.

Top Tracks – Seventy Times Seven, the Shower Scene, Failure by Design, Jude Law and a Semester Abroad

9. Pennywise – Land of the Free?
One of the most influential albums for me, I still love this album. It’s what got me into punk and hardcore.

Top Tracks: Fuck Authority, Land of the Free?, Time Marches On

8. The Used – The Used
Used to be one of my favourite albums/bands. I don’t like the newer stuff much but this album holds tons of memories for me, it’s good to have a listen once in a while and remember some of the good times.

Top Tracks: Maybe Memories, Blue and Yellow, the Taste of Ink

7. Death Cab For Cutie – Transatlanticism
The album that got me into indie and slower pop-rock-ish bands. Amazing album, one of Death Cab’s best.

Top Tracks: Title and Registration, the New Year, We Looked Like Giants

6. The Starting Line – Say It Like You Mean It
Classic pop-punk album. TSL have got to be one of my favourite pop-punk bands. They have amazing lyrics and all the songs are extremely catchy. Sometimes I dance when no one is looking >_>

Top Tracks: Cheek to Cheek, The Drama Summer, Left Coast Envy

5. The Get Up Kids – Four Minute Mile
The first album I heard by these guys, and my favourite. Other people claim Something to Write Home About to be their best work, but I believe the original is where it’s at. I love the sound of this album and the lyrics are fun and easy to sing along to.

Top Tracks: Shorty, Coming Clean

4. UnderOATH – The Changing of Times
One of the first bands I ever listened to that had screaming in it. I was blown away at the time, not realizing all the good things I had been missing out on. This album is IMO Underoath’s best work.

Top Tracks: To be honest the whole thing. There isn’t one track that’s better than the rest.

3. Taking Back Sunday – Tell All Your Friends
This album is a pop-punk masterpiece. The way the vocals are blended together is absolutely amazing, there’s no way any other band could replicate the awesomeness of this album. One of the first pop-punk bands I ever got into.

Top Tracks: Cute Without the ‘E’, Timberwolves at New Jersey, There’s No ‘I’ in Team, Ghost Man on Third

2. Poison The Well – You Come Before You
One of the bands that got me in to metalcore, even though it was TOoD and not this particular one. This album is unique on so many levels; it is by far Poison The Well’s best work. The vocals are excellent and you can really tell they’ve improved over the years. The overall atmosphere of this album is amazing and it’s one of the albums I can listen to non-stop.

Top Tracks: Crystal Lake, Apathy is a Cold Body, Pleasant Bullet

1. Thursday – Full Collapse
I absolutely love this album. Thursday’s finest work. I can and have listened to this album repeatedly and still not get bored of it. Thursday was one of the first bands I ever got into thanks to an old acquaintance and thank god for her because they are now one of my favourite bands.

Top Tracks: Understanding in a Car Crash, Standing On the Edge of Summer, A Hole In The World, Cross Out The Eyes, Autobiography of a Nation (I could pretty much name every song so I’ll stop here.

End note: This list is so ridiculously inaccurate that it almost means nothing.

Hay guyz luk bright coolers

Jersey's Best Dancer
03-13-2006, 07:19 PM
In order:

Flogging Molly - Swagger A clash of Ireland's folk music and brute punk rock, it is an album that is very enjoyable. From the fast songs like Salty Dog and Devil's Dance Floor, to the great flok songs like The Worst Day SInce Yesterday and These Exiled Years.
Best Songs: Salty Dog, Selfish Man, The Like of You Again, Devil's Dance Floor

Dropkick Murphys - The Gang's All Here The first album with Al Barr doing lead vocals and he didn't dissapoint. It is a fast and energetic album were you just get a little taste of the irish influences they use later on down the line. This is definently a classic punk rock album from DKM along with Do or Die,
Best Songs: Pipebomb on Lansdowne, Curse of a Fallen Soul, The Fighting 69th, The Gang's All Here

Mad Caddies - Duck and Cover The caddies second release that fuses the most punk into their ska "dance anthems" then any other album. It starts off w/ the classic Road Rash ska song then right into a hard skacore song. This album is probably best know for its AMAZING horn line in the song Monkeys. If you play the trumpet or trombone, you should worship this song.
Best Songs: Road Rash, Macho Nachos, Monkeys, apathetic, Medium Unwell

Rancid - Let's Go! This album is one ofthe few albums I have that every song is fast, catchy and makes you wanna break stuff at the same time. It got me hooked right from when I heard Nihilism until 7 Years Down. A must have for fun, fast punk lovers.
Best Songs: Nihilism, Let's Go, Ghetto Box, St. Mary, International Cover Up

Tiger Army - S/T The band that intraduced me to Psychobilly. This is a great disply of punk, psychobilly and rockabilly. It starts of with an energetic prelude and then kicks into Nocturnal, which has a schweet bass line. A stand out song is Twenty Flight Rock because it is an actual rockabilly song and is an extremely fun song to hear live.
Best Songs: Nocturnal, Never Die, Twenty Flight Rock, Werecat

The Briggs - Numbers This album is amazing and it's the only one I recommend that everyone get. It starts of with a crazy anthem song which makes you want to pump your fist and sing along. Then there is a lot of good Oi! punk songs. Not one dissapoints. They have a celtic-Oi! song called Dead Men (Don't Tell Tales) which is a great song, especially by an Oi! band.
Best Songs: The whole album, but the Bestest are: 3rd World War, Media Control, Face Off, Red Alert, Head Shrink Dead Shrink

Rise Against - Revolutions Per Minute A classic medolic hardcore album. It ranges from pop punk to "in your face" hardcore. It is an album that most punk fans could enjoy. It's transitions from hardcore to punk throughout the album keeps you intune with whats playing, not just like every song rolls into the next
Best Songs: Dead Ringer, Last Chance Blueprint, Torches, To the Core

Streetlight Manifesto - Everything Goes Numb I don't really need to explain this album. Everyone knows how great they are. Their mix of ska and punk is like Keasby Nights with a twist. A great ska album that every ska fan should have.
Best Songs: Everything Went Numb, Point/Counterpoint, We are the Few, A moment of Violence

Street Dogs - Back To the World The 2nd album from former DKM front man Mike McColgan. You hear a little DKM in the album, but it is truly a new sound from them. From union songs to songs about drinking, this album is a fun album to listen to and a great band live.
Best Songs: Strike A Blow, In Defense of Dorchester, Drink Tonight, Hands Down

Lars Frederiksen and the Bastards - Viking If you haven't heard them before, you might think it'sa Rancid spin-off, but it a totally different feel. I would call it "Motorcycle Punk" cause if that was a genre, this would fit nice. It starts off with 3 really fast songs and then goes into 1%, which is a great song. The last song on the cd is called The Viking, which is about Lars and his life.
Best Songs - Skins Punx and Drunx, Fight, Switchblade, The Kids are Quiet on Sharmon Palms, Streetwise Professor

Updated List, in order of favorite, to least favorte:

1. Flogging Molly - Swagger
2. Kid Dynamite - Shorter, Faster, Louder
3. Dropkick Murphys - The Gang's All Here
4. The Broadways - Broken Star
5. Strike Anywhere - Change Is A Sound
6. Rancid - Lets Go!
7. The Briggs - Numbers
8. Mad Caddies - Duck and Cover
9. Street Dogs - Back To the World
10. Agnostic Front - Somethings Gotta Give

Chilly-Bean-Bop
03-13-2006, 11:45 PM
I don't have many, and I don't have time to do too many.

1. Tsunami Bomb- The Definitive Act
This cd doesn't have a bad song on it. Agent M's vocals really are the best I've heard from her, and they are just sew secksi. Also, nice bass lines done by Matt.
Favorite Songs: Epic, My Machete, A Lonely Chord

2. Misfits- Static Age
I, like Oz, also thinks this is a fantastic cd. I rarely have to skip any songs, and their songs seem so damn catchy.
Favorite Songs: Last Caress, Angel****, Attitude, Theme For a Jackal

3. Alkaline Trio- Maybe I'll Catch Fire
You can't have a list of best CD's without Alkaline Trio being on it. MICF has their well-known song, Radio on it, and, of course, I like that song. Madame Me is one of the coolest and creative songs I've heard before, its so neat.
Favorite Songs: Madame Me,

I HAVE TO FINISH THIS LATER, I GOTTA GO.

Kay, I shall finish.

4. Goldfinger- Hang-Ups
Pretty much all of the tracks up to the tenth satisfy my needs. You can't go wrong with this cd, its really one of the best, hence my putting it as #4.
Favorite Songs: superman, This Lonely Place, Carlita

5. LAWL...Yuka Tujiyoko- Paper Mario GMS
I know, its video game music, but I don't care, it's really neat. These are all tracks from the video game "Paper Mario." I had always just sat there listening to the music instead of playing the game! Excellent use of percussion is used, and I count keyboards as percussion. It just seems amazing what people can do with these instruments and turn it into beautiful music. If anyone wants a song, ask me, I'd be glad. :)
Favorite Tracks: Disc 1-Koopa Village Theme, Dry Dry Ruins Quest, Gusty Gulch Adventure, Keeping Pace. Disc 2- Welcome to Yoshi's Village, Huffin' and Puffin', Cold Reception in Shiver City, Crystal Palace Crawl, Freeze!, Mario and Peach's Theme

6. Suicide Machines- Destruction By Definition
All of the beginning tracks are so great, and its awesome since we have Derek Grant, of current Alkaline Trio. It's so fun hearing Jason Navarro sing, he always seems to add some hilarity to his singing, especially in The Real You. New Girl might sound familiar to some people since it was on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (#1). Great CD, overall.
Favorite Tracks: S.O.S., No Face, Hey, Too Much, Islands

7. Less Than Jake- Hello Rockview
This was my first CD I bought by LTJ. I was amazed. I still am. This was one of the best decisions I made...buying this CD. Roger has awesome vocals on it, I love Roger with all my heart. Great songs on here, I don't have to skip one.
Favorite Songs: All My Best Friends Are Metalheads (Of course), Motto, Great American Sharpshooter

I don't feel like explaining anymore.

8. System Of a Down- Mezmerize
9. Less Than Jake- Greased
10. Alkaline Trio- Good Mourning

B
03-14-2006, 12:10 AM
Chrono Cross's soundtrack is sick. I forget who does it.

Chilly-Bean-Bop
03-14-2006, 12:15 AM
Never heard of it.

B
03-14-2006, 12:18 AM
Yasunori Mitsuda

his name

Chilly-Bean-Bop
03-14-2006, 12:21 AM
Never heard of him.

B
03-14-2006, 12:31 AM
Never heard of you!

Chilly-Bean-Bop
03-14-2006, 12:33 AM
Yo mamma!....

/fag

Tjebby
03-14-2006, 09:18 AM
Say It Like You Mean It
My Favorite Words
Planet Mental
How I Spent My Summer Vacation
Witness

No Order, don't need to explain any more...

Firecracker
03-14-2006, 01:05 PM
Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt.2:Scenes From A Memory
Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast
Alkaline Trio - Goddammit
Neal Morse - ?
Relient K - mmhmm
Green Day - 1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours
Panic! At The Disco - A Fever You Can't Sweat Out
Fall Out Boy - From Under The Cork Tree
Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way
Pantera - Vulgar Display Of Power

AlkoholikMouse
03-17-2006, 04:12 AM
10. Reel Big Fish: Why Do They Rock So Hard?
Theres just something about this album which makes it my favourite by Reel Big Fish. It's probably something to do with it having my favourite RBF song on it, 'Thank You For Not Moshing.' It's just typically energetic Ska-pop from the RBF boys.

Stand Out Tracks: "Thank You For Not Moshing" "Brand New Song" "She's Famous Now"

9. Green Day: Warning
My favourite Green Day album. Theres just so much fun in this album, and it's kinda experimental, which is always fun. It doesn't always work, but it did this time

Stand Out tracks: "Misery" "Church On Sunday" "Minority"

8. Blink 182: Enema Of The State
God album, the best from Blink. The breakthrough, and it's clear why. A slightly more poppy sound than the previous albums, but still great never-the-less

Stand Out Tracks: "The Party Song" "Adams Song" "Dont Leave Me"

7. Rancid: ...And Out Come The Wolves
Without a doubt Rancids greatest work. That's all I need to say. If its by Rancid, it's good. If it's Rancids best, then it's more than good. End Of.

Stand Out Tracks: "Daly City Train" "Journey To The End Of The East Bay" "Junkie Man"

6. Sex Pistols: Never Mind The Bollocks
I'm not even gonna bother...

Stand Out Tracks: "Holidays In The Sun" "New York" "EMI

5. Simple Plan: Still Not Getting Any
Simple Plan are one of my favourite bands. I dont get why hates them. This album is full of raw emotion and great lyrics, as well as catchy tunes. It's just great.

Stand Out Tracks: "Jump" "Thank You" "Welcome To My Life"

4. Class Of Zero: Nothing Will Survive
Simply awesome. I discovered them on tour with Motorhead. The album still doesnt match up to their fantastic live show, but it's still fucking amazing metal.

Stand Out Tracks: "Incomplete" "Redemption" "Sick"

3. Fall Out Boy: From Under The Cork Tree
Theres just something about this album, it had me hooked on first listen, which is quite rare for me. I liked the other FOB record, but this just shone straight away. Awesome.

Stand Out Tracks: "Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying" "Dance Dance" "Nobody Puts The Baby In The Corner"

2. Red Hot Chili Peppers: By The Way
This is another great album from the best band on the planet. Nuff Said.

Stand Out Tracks: "Cabron" "On Mercury" "Dosed"

1. Allister - Last Stop Suburbia
Every song on this album is just fantastic. Its just so much fun to listen to, and makes you wanna dance so much. And the songs sounded so good the three times I saw them too!

Stand Out Tracks: All Of Them!!

Fire Away
03-17-2006, 05:37 AM
Never heard of you!
Best. I might have to start using that one.

billiejoe84
03-17-2006, 01:17 PM
AlkoholikMouse - Love your #1 choice! Allister are ace.

Some good lists on here. I'm gonna do mine soon, I imagine. I'm pretty sure what the top 3 will be but I'll need to think about the rest. Sadly I don't have time now as I have to meet some people in town.

So, that'll entail me drunkenly posting at 3am, like the good ol' days.

B
03-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Best. I might have to start using that one.
thx man

Weezerfan_returns
03-20-2006, 01:16 AM
[QUOTE=AlkoholikMouse]
6. Sex Pistols: Never Mind The Bollocks
I'm not even gonna bother.../QUOTE]

you're not even going to bother to tell me how awful the sex pistols are?

an0therface
03-20-2006, 04:42 AM
This is my top ten list of Punk/Hardcore/Pop-Punk related releases, an overall list would kill me.

1. Refused - The Shape of Punk to Come
- Incredible, no words can really explain why I love this band and especially this album. This album is so diverse, a welcome change from some of the bland stuff getting around.
- Best songs: New Noise, Tannhäuser Derivè and Refused Party Program.

2. Hot Water Music - Caution
- Definately in top 5 bands of all time, very emotive and meaningful music, the coarse vocal styles and melodic guitars are among the many highlights of this powerful band, can't really say my absolute favourite album by them I just listed this one as it has more of my favourite HWM songs.
- Best Songs: Trusty Chords, Not For Anyone, We'll Say Anything We Want

3. AFI - Answer That And Stay Fashionable
- My favourite band while I was in Highschool, and definately an album that got lots of play when I was 14 - 15 years old. The lyrics, for some reason, seemed so relevant for me at that age, along with VPOY.
- Songs: Your Name Here, Brownie Bottom Sundae, Two of a Kind.

4. Rise Against - Revolutions Per Minute
- What can I say, the lyrics are so darn easy to sing along with. Choruses are like little anthems. Lyrics are meaningful, but beleivable. Their best album, no argument, IMHO...
- Songs: Like The Angel, Black Masks and Gasoline, Amber Changing

5. Bouncing Souls - How I Spent My Summer Vacation
- Again, very anthemic choruses, very youthful themes, was great listening to this nearly every day when I first got it. This is an album I can put in and listen to anytime and enjoy it more than the last.
- Songs:True Believers, Manthem, Private Radio

6. Lagwagon - Duh
- Really not sure why this is here, it was one of the first albums I ever bought and I listened to it very often, in fact I'm well over due for a listen now, it deserves a spot here because of how much I loved it when I did.
- Tragic Vision, Angry Days, Of Mind and Matter

7. Frenzal Rhomb - Not So Tough Now
- Very funny and extremely immature band, always loved this band up until they released Shut Your Mouth. Never afraid to take the piss and put on strange but entertaining shows with interesting characters. I don't listen to their music all that often but wake up to Jay and The Dr. every weekday morning before work and have a laugh, they're idiots.
- Punch in the Face, Not So Tough Now, You are a Knob

8. Death By Stereo - If Looks Could Kill I'd Watch You Die
- First hardcore-ish album I got into along with some Ensign, I particularly like the Metal edge to their guitar parts, vocals are a bit different.
- Songs: Turn the Page, Bet Against Me-You Lose, Sticks and Stones.

9. Alkaline Trio - From Here to Infirmary
- I try not to worship this band, because the people I know of who do are complete fucktards, but the songs are so simple, catchy and the lyrics just get me for some reason, being the (occasionally)drunken sarcastic pessimist I am along with my hopelessness with any relationship with a female-it fits for me to listen to them.
- Mr. Chainsaw, Bloodied Up, Crawl(of course)

10. AFI - Art Of Drowning
- Spacey and atmospheric at times, the quality of this record is amazing, lyrically, musically, structurally, it's great. I like the darkness of this album, all the goodness of Black Sails, slowed down a bit without the annoying vocals I couldn't stand about BSITS and BL ep.
- No favourite song here I enjoy the whole album as one.

Honorable Mentions:
Dropkick Murphys - Blackout, Strike Anywhere - Change is a Sound, Dag Nasty - Can I Say, Fugazi - Repeater, The Lawrence Arms - Greatest Story Ever Told, Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit..

thereisnohappyhere16
03-27-2006, 06:25 PM
refused is ****ing amazing!!

cobert
03-27-2006, 08:16 PM
I need to rethink my list. I guess this is my new one.

HONORABLE MENTIONS
Brand New: Deja Entendu
The Number Twelve Looks Like You: Nuclear. Sad. Nuclear.
Fugazi: 13 Songs

10.Hot Water Music: A Flight and a Crash
9.Glassjaw: Worship and Tribute
8.Thursday: Waiting
7.At the Drive-In: Relationship of Command
6.The Mars Volta: Frances The Mute
5.Saves The Day: Through Being Cool
4.Taking Back Sunday: Tell All Your Friends
3.At the Drive-In: Acrobatic Tenement
2. Coheed and Cambria: The Second Stage Turbine Blade
1. Thursday: Full Collapse

I just thought this up as i typed it, so I know im missing a lot of good albums that should probably be on the top 10.

Drop The Baby
03-28-2006, 06:16 AM
Bah, thought i'd give it a go as it popped up again. In no particular order:

1. Filaments- What's Next
2. Leftover Crack- Mediocre Generica
3. Choking victim- No Gods, No Mangers
4. Lightyear- Chris' Gentleman's Hairdressers
5. Captain Everything!- It's Not Rocket Science
6. NOFX- SLATFATS
7. NOFX- Punk In Drublic
8. Rise Against- Revolutions Per Minute
9. Bouncing Souls- HISMSV
10. Descendents- Everything Sucks
11. The Vandals- Hitler Bad, Vandals Good
12. NOFX- Ribbed
13. Bouncing Souls- Live
14. Decendents- Milo Goes To College
15. Good Riddance- A Comprehensive Guide To Moderne Rebellion

Nope, still couldn't do it

travis4barker
03-31-2006, 07:26 PM
1. Take Off Your Pants and Jacket
personaly i think it has the best blink songs. it also has some of their first serious songs.
2. Blink 182
has a lot of good drum parts. awesome lyrics and just an all around good cd if you like blink that is.
3. Lights and Sounds
the way the vocals are sung is awesome. the songs are also way differant from ocean ave.
4. Box Car Racer
awesome cd. sounds a lot like blink but at the same time very differant
5. Mark Tom and Travis Show
very funny cd and fun to play with.
6. American Idiot
wasnt afraid to say what they wanted and no one could do anything about it.
7. Page Ave.
Good all around cd. good lyrics and doesnt get boring.
8. Under the Cork Tree
good all around cd. differant from the rest of follout boys stuff.
9. Chuck
good songs. great cd for sum 41.
10. A Crow Left of the Murder
more hard rock than incubus' other stuff.

(sorry about the short reasons)

...someone®
04-01-2006, 01:32 AM
10. Dashboard Confessional - The Places You Have Come To Fear The Most

9. Park - It Won't Snow Where She Is Going

8. Alkaline Trio - GodDamnit!

7. Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism

6. Incubus - Make Yourself

5. Jimmy Eat World - Clarity

3. Thursday - Full Collapse

2. Brand New - Your+Favourite+Weapon

Get Fighted
04-01-2006, 04:03 AM
1. Take Off Your Pants and Jacket
personaly i think it has the best blink songs. it also has some of their first serious songs.
2. Blink 182
has a lot of good drum parts. awesome lyrics and just an all around good cd if you like blink that is.
3. Lights and Sounds
the way the vocals are sung is awesome. the songs are also way differant from ocean ave.
4. Box Car Racer
awesome cd. sounds a lot like blink but at the same time very differant
5. Mark Tom and Travis Show
very funny cd and fun to play with.
6. American Idiot
wasnt afraid to say what they wanted and no one could do anything about it.
7. Page Ave.
Good all around cd. good lyrics and doesnt get boring.
8. Under the Cork Tree
good all around cd. differant from the rest of follout boys stuff.
9. Chuck
good songs. great cd for sum 41.
10. A Crow Left of the Murder
more hard rock than incubus' other stuff.

(sorry about the short reasons)

What a selection.

16 Nipples
04-01-2006, 06:06 AM
10. Less Than Jake- Hellow Rockview
9. Unwritten Law- Oz Factor
8. The Offspring- Splinter
7. Whole Wheat Bread- Minority Rules
6. MxPx- Panic
5. NOFX- The Greatest Songs Ever Written.........By Us
4. Sum 41- All Killer No Filler
3. New Found Glory- Sticks and Stones
2. Blink 182- Enema Of The State
1. Blink 182- Dude Ranch

Oz Rembrandt
04-01-2006, 06:20 AM
GO!

10. The Misfits - Static Age
9. Rancid - And Out Comes the Wolves
8. Primus - Sailing on the Seas of Cheese
7. The Descendents - Milo Goes to College
6. NOFX - White Trash, Two Heebs and a Been
5. Goldfinger - Stomping Ground
4. AFI - Sing the Sorrow
3. Green Day - 1039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours
2. Weezer - Pinkerton
1. The Alkaline Trio - Goddamnit!

weerez1391
04-01-2006, 04:46 PM
GO!

10. The Misfits - Static Age
9. Rancid - And Out Comes the Wolves
8. Primus - Sailing on the Seas of Cheese
7. The Descendents - Milo Goes to College
6. NOFX - White Trash, Two Heebs and a Been
5. Goldfinger - Stomping Ground
4. AFI - Sing the Sorrow
3. Green Day - 1039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours
2. Weezer - Pinkerton
1. The Alkaline Trio - Goddamnit!
Good list. Especially the Weezer part.

weerez1391
04-01-2006, 05:03 PM
1.Converge-Petitioning The Empty Sky
2.Circle Takes The Square-As The Roots Undo
3.Bouncing Souls-Hopeless Romantic
4.Poison The Well-The Opposite Of December
5.Lifetime-New Jersey's Best Dancers
6.Agent Orange-Living In Darkness
7.Dead Kennedys-Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables
8.Pelican-The Fire In Our Throats Will Beckon The Thaw
9.Thrice-Vheissu
10.Thrice-The Illusion Of Safety
11.Refused-The Shape Of Punk To Come
12.Saetia-A Retrospective
13.Hopesfall-A Types
14.Snow Patrol-Final Straw
15.Muse-Absolution
16.Mae-The Everglow
17.Black Flag-Damaged
18.Between The Buried And Me-Alaska
19.City Of Caterpillar-City Of Caterpillar
20.Weezer-Pinkerton
Sorry, 20 is the best I could do. And I left off some of great albums.

Pazz
04-01-2006, 05:04 PM
1.Converge-Petitioning The Empty Sky
2.Circle Takes The Square-As The Roots Undo
3.Bouncing Souls-Hopeless Romantic
4.Poison The Well-The Opposite Of December
5.Lifetime-New Jersey's Best Dancers
6.Agent Orange-Living In Darkness
7.Dead Kennedys-Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables
8.Pelican-The Fire In Our Throats Will Beckon The Thaw
9.Thrice-Vheissu
10.Thrice-The Illusion Of Safety
11.Refused-The Shape Of Punk To Come
12.Saetia-A Retrospective
13.Hopesfall-A Types
14.Snow Patrol-Final Straw
15.Muse-Absolution
16.Mae-The Everglow
17.Black Flag-Damaged
18.Between The Buried And Me-Alaska
19.City Of Caterpillar-City Of Caterpillar
20.Weezer-Pinkerton
Sorry, 20 is the best I could do. And I left off some of great albums.

What you do, is erase CDs 11 - 20. Then you have a top 10!:amaze:

weerez1391
04-01-2006, 06:51 PM
Really?!?!?! Seriously though, I couldn't leave off any of those.

Oz Rembrandt
04-02-2006, 05:12 AM
What you do, is erase CDs 11 - 20. Then you have a top 10!:amaze:

Hahahaha, pwnd by Maths

Thanks for the compliment though weezer1391, I was pretty proud of my list, though there were a couple that were hard to miss out... It changes though.