PDA

View Full Version : Red Hot Chili Peppers

Pages : [1] 2

clown_phobia
06-26-2005, 01:30 AM
I think these guys are one of the best bands around today. Their songwriting is brilliant and each member is brilliant at his instrument.

For those that don't know them - they started out as a funk band in California and got big in 1991 with Blood Sugar Sex Magic. Since then they have become less funk and more rock but they are as good as ever.

They have just finished recording a new album and will be out in due course.

Let's get some discussion going! Surely there are heaps their fans here. Let's start with your predictions for the next album.

:thumb:

Glitterati
06-26-2005, 01:32 AM
They are an incredible band, one of my favorites. John Frusciante is one of my musical idols.

Discussion of them dies out pretty quickly, though:(.

clown_phobia
06-26-2005, 01:35 AM
They are an incredible band, one of my favorites. John Frusciante is one of my musical idols.

Discussion of them dies out pretty quickly, though:(.

Frusciante practised so much he could have been a virtuoso but he chose not to because he thought it sounded like ****! :amaze:

rhcp pman
06-26-2005, 01:48 AM
Yes, they're my fav band (see my nick) and I'm not being biased when I say I think they're in the top 10 or 15 greatest ever rock bands. I also like Iron Maiden and Queen a lot. Frusciante once had one twelfth of the clean blood in his body that he was supposed to have at one point in time. IMO, he's one of the greatest guitarists ever. Incredibly creative (brilliant songwriting included), can be technical when he wants and perfect tone. I think Frank Zappa tried to recruit him but I'm not sure on that. He (and RHCP) have been through the greatest challenges and I'm eagerly anticipating this new album. I don't you if you guys realise it, but one of the reasons RHCP talk dies out is because they are hard to classify by genre, and the fans are dispersed throughout the whole of mx rather than in R&M.

clown_phobia
06-26-2005, 01:53 AM
Yeah, that might be right (about the genre thing).

Do you prefer the older funky peppers or the modern rock sorta stuff? I think I prefer the modern rock.

heavy metal kid
06-26-2005, 01:54 AM
just a great band, althought a love death, grind and thrash, Californication is my 5th fav. album of all time, just great music, you can never be mad listening to this band.

clown_phobia
06-26-2005, 01:55 AM
I haven't got Californication but it sounds **** good! So many good songs!

JohnXDoesn't
06-26-2005, 01:56 AM
I like the Chili Peppers. I met Anthony at a friend of mines 12 Step meeting and he told his story and was really cool. I told him afterward that I thought his singing had really improved and he laughed and said "thanks, I've been working at it". I thanked him for the lyrics he wrote to Californication and he said they were among his favorite. Then he hugged me goodbye. 'Cause that's what 12 steppers do, I suppose. Anyway, I like 'em a lot and think they are a bit underrated. Which may not make sense to some, but it makes perfect sense if you admire them as much as I do. Really good band.

White_heat
06-26-2005, 01:57 AM
Ive been listening to them my whole life (well since I was like 8 or 9), I really like them, John Frucante's phrasing is just heavenly.

fishboy
06-26-2005, 02:09 AM
I hear its some of the heavist stuff they've ever written , but im sure it will still be some what mellow. great band , my favourite. frusciante is totally underated in my opinion.

any word on when it will be realeased???

clown_phobia
06-26-2005, 02:10 AM
I heard they will leave all their mistakes in!

rhcp pman
06-26-2005, 03:43 AM
October 11 I think. They've recorded everything except Anthony's vocal tracks.

Brew
06-26-2005, 03:43 AM
I got Mother's Milk, One Hot Minute and Freaky Styley last night off my Uncle, they're great.

I'm not so keen on the By The Way album...it was a bit bland.

Original-Kris
06-26-2005, 04:16 AM
Hearing the songs By The Way and then Power of Equality two years later were complete revelations for me, id never been touched by a song as much as i had been by By The Way and when I heard Power of Equality i suddenly realised in one moment I was in love with funk music. It was amazing.

bigdudedrummr07
06-26-2005, 04:38 AM
I think they are a purely amazing band, californication was one amazing album, and whats better is that i heard there one of the most amazing live bands....thanks for the info on the new cd :)

Kyle
06-26-2005, 04:39 AM
Their good, but ni prefer the old funky stuff. Great live though, I have their Hyde Park CD and it sounds really good.

blizzard
06-26-2005, 04:55 AM
They are among one of my favourite bands. I have all their albums post Mothers Milk including Live in Hyde Park as well as the live in Slane Castle and I fall in love with them more everytime I listen to them. Flea and John are great improvising in their live shows coming up with great little fills. If only they toured Australia more.

V_R_C_H_P
06-26-2005, 05:42 AM
i have every album apart from the Abbey Road EP however its a compilation with fire and other songs on it, i hav also seen them live on their greatest hits tour at manchester they were brilliant and so was james brown! anywho i prefer they earlier stuff mother's milk is my favourite for funkiness however blood sugar sex magik and californication come close behind, whats your favourite song/album?

Rat_Fighter
06-26-2005, 05:42 AM
from the first to the recent albums, peppers never fail to amaze me. naming 5 bands who could do this for that long span of time is difficult.

ConnectiveTissue
06-26-2005, 05:43 AM
I like the One Hot Minute era music the most out of all of it, dunno why. It seems to me that it's a shame they don't (and won't) play any of some of the best music ever written. I like John, but Dave's work on this album was just sublime IMO.

Dragon_Prince
06-26-2005, 05:47 AM
They are great each member is great on there isntrument, Chad smith is amazing on the drums =)

Rat_Fighter
06-26-2005, 06:08 AM
shame huh? no its not. you cant expect them to write the same stuff over and over again.

ConnectiveTissue
06-26-2005, 06:36 AM
I would like to hear John's interpretation of some of the OHM stuff, that's all I'm saying. I think you completely missed my point.

Glitterati
06-26-2005, 12:08 PM
I find I like the new stuff (By The Way, Can't Stop) and their old stuff (Higer Ground, Suck My Kiss) equally.

wileycoyote
06-26-2005, 12:16 PM
flea got me into bass and he is one of my greatest inspirations because imo he is in probably the top 5 best bassists ever

clearvision
06-26-2005, 12:29 PM
I watched slane earlier...Anthony and Chad looked bored, Flea and John were great though.

Glitterati
06-26-2005, 04:15 PM
We should keep this thread up.

Broken Arrow
06-26-2005, 04:33 PM
The Chilis are probably my favourite bands of the 90's. My brother has alot of their albums and I usually steal them. I bought him Mothers Milk for his birthday last year. BSSM or Californication are my 2 favourites.

vegasgeetarboy
06-26-2005, 04:57 PM
i get to go to the rhcp concert on july 2

Otherside
06-26-2005, 05:00 PM
Did anyone notice that on the Live at Slane Castle DVD John uses the intro solo for kind of a basis for alot of his later solos? It got kind of annoying.

I still love that DVD, even though I think they should have ended on Under the Bridge.

ConnectiveTissue
06-26-2005, 05:29 PM
That's true, keeping with the theme of the concert I guess (solos). I reckon Power Of Equality was good to finish on.

StreetlightRock
06-26-2005, 05:30 PM
Tthe Chili Peppers are awsome band, there all great musicians... I got by the Way yesterday for $10 aus =D

DVG.

Shaft!
06-26-2005, 06:18 PM
I like "Californication", "Blood Sugar Sex Magik", "Can't Stop", and "Suck My Kiss". The basslines are what hook me, except for "Can't Stop". The funky guitar got my attention for that song. "Blood Sugar Sex Magik" also had the guitar I like, but Anthony's vocals got me on that one.
I like "One Hot Minute" because Dave brought some cool stuff with him. I like "Aeroplane" and "One Big Mob" off of it.

Idiot Martyr
06-26-2005, 06:21 PM
There wasn't a thread for them already? Wow.

Anyways I love their style. I don't know much about them though.

SmashingPumpkin
06-26-2005, 07:23 PM
I love RHCP.

I thought By The Way was genius.

Shaft!
06-26-2005, 07:52 PM
I don't know, it seemed much more mellow, and I do love some good mellowing songs, but BSSM sort of makes me wanna jam a bit more. I like it when I hear a band that makes me wanna jam.
I did like "Cabron" though. That song was cool. I didn't know how to really classify it. It sort of sounds like something you might hear on the streets of New Orleans or something.

vegasgeetarboy
06-27-2005, 12:00 AM
i really enjoy rhcp's older stuff. walkabout would have to be one of my favorite songs ever. also fire is very kool.

AIC/EAZY-E
06-27-2005, 12:28 AM
'Tis a shame that the One Hot Minute stuff is completely ignored in concert now, even one of their more successful singles in 'My Friends'. I guess it's hard not to ignore at least one period in the Chili's 20 year career, as I'm missing the point that all the pre-BSSM material is being left out aswell. Down the road, on tour I would really like RHCP to throw in a random 'Jungle Man' or 'Backwoods' to the unsuspecting masses. I wonder how many people would be familiar with those tracks?

Glitterati
06-27-2005, 12:43 AM
Down the road, on tour I would really like RHCP to throw in a random 'Jungle Man' or 'Backwoods' to the unsuspecting masses. I wonder how many people would be familiar with those tracks?

Not many.

mightymouse
06-27-2005, 12:57 AM
I just bought Scar Tissue. I always liked biography's and Anthony's extremely good at expressing his thoughts in words so I'm expecting good things from this.

Yeah they probably would never play those songs at a concert becasue it's not what the audience wants to hear. its a lot like that concert in toronto where it was the rolling stones, and all these other classic bands and then justin timberlake got up there and he got booed off stage. You have to please the crowd and your fans. They've changed so much over the years that the majority of the audience would be pissed off at what they were getting.

John's album curtains is out, and I just saw the video for the past recedes. (if you go to redhotchilipeppers.com there's a link that'll take you there) The song is really good. I always enjoyed his solo work but thought that his lyrics, though very personal and emotional, kinda slowed him down. Few can relate or understand what he's singing about.

V_R_C_H_P
06-27-2005, 04:32 AM
scar tissue is a rather interesting book, the main part i can remember from it is when he was shagging his girlfriend under the stage at an oasis gig and he hit a switch and he thought he turned all the power off but it was just in the room he was in

Idiot Martyr
06-27-2005, 08:55 AM
Not many.

Maybe a handful of people out of the entire venue.

ClassicRocker1330
06-27-2005, 09:54 AM
i'm listenin to otherside at the moment. great band tho

rhcp_rule_ok
06-27-2005, 02:15 PM
I loooove the Chili Peppers (see name), their lyrics are great, even though they often make no sense. Some of my favourites are Californication and Under the Bridge, but I love loads of their stuff. Has anyone heard the Live in Hyde Park album? In my opinion it's fantastic!!

Space may be the final frontier but it's made in a Hollywood basement....

live theory
06-27-2005, 02:19 PM
Red Hot chili peppers are awesome. Flea is probably my number 1 bassist right after matt Freeman(rancid)

Shaft!
06-28-2005, 08:14 PM
Flea has a cool style. I think he's a good bassist. I prefer the earlier stuff he gave us, though, as compared to "By The Way". His basslines are still awesome and smooth now, but I liked the funkier stuff like from "Blood Sugar Sex Magik".
It actually makes me want to pick up their earlier stuff and have a good listen.

Glitterati
06-28-2005, 08:32 PM
I'm listening to their cover of "Higher Ground", and I actually like it better than the original by Stevie Wonder.

Immortalsoul
06-28-2005, 09:10 PM
Old RHCP is the best, Mother's Milk, BSSM, Breaking the Girl is, In my opinion one of their best songs.
Newer Chili Pepers doesn't impress me too much..

Jacaranda
06-28-2005, 09:36 PM
For anyone who hasn't read Scar Tissue its a great book I'm not really into RHCP alot but it was pretty interesting hearing about how they got started. I really like John Frusciante's style and Anthony is one jazzy man.
My favorite song would have to be Give It Away that video is crazy.

blahsunghoon
06-28-2005, 10:22 PM
i didnt like them at first but now they're REALLY growing on me. I think they're a really great band.

AIC/EAZY-E
06-28-2005, 10:27 PM
I really like RHCP's cover of Sly and the Family Stone's 'If You Want Me To Stay' off of Freaky Styley.
I remember Mr. Bungle did a parody of RHCP on Halloween 1999 I believe. They mixed all the songs together, such as Give it Away, Around the World and Under the Bridge and Patton interpreted some really funny lyrics. Since there are more than 4 members in Mr. Bungle, one dressed up as a Chad Smith arabian fanboy, one as River Pheonix's ghost and another as Hillel Slovak's. Classic.

Zep2367
06-28-2005, 10:43 PM
RHCP is one of my favorite bands I got most of their cd's and their the reason I started playing guitar

blue3
06-29-2005, 12:33 AM
I like RHCP. I listened to Californication earlier today, it's such a great album.

redstar_blackfist
06-29-2005, 04:18 AM
The Chili Peppers and the greatest and I've been into them for agggesss
I absolutely love anything by them
I have all their CD's and a couple DVD's too.
I can't wait to see them live, I've been waiting so long.
Anyways...all up great band, great music
Oh yeah and Flea is awesome too

thefourdegreesofhumanity
06-29-2005, 06:28 AM
As it has been said in this thread before Red hot chilli Peppers is a great band. Every album is wonderful. I like John's style of playing the guitar, its really unique and sounds great.. at the moment i cant stop listening to Don't Forget Me..and i love Mommy where's Daddy, and i like nearly every single song by them.

mr black
06-29-2005, 06:38 AM
Just watch the Live at Slane castle dvd and i promise you... It'll take your breath away, Flea and John steal the show with their unbelievable solo's. 'By the way' never really did it for me though, everything before hand was beautiful though.
Peace

KRASH
06-29-2005, 07:11 AM
Yeah!

im a big Chilli Peppers fan...i think their music is amazing also...i think that this new album is gonna be more rock and maybe more hard core than the last album By the Way...It will be fun to see what they have in store for us.....i heard rumours that this new albumis to be called Ice Cream

but well i dunno...just have to wait and see

:thumb:

KRASH
06-29-2005, 07:17 AM
Just watch the Live at Slane castle dvd and i promise you... It'll take your breath away, Flea and John steal the show with their unbelievable solo's. 'By the way' never really did it for me though, everything before hand was beautiful though.
Peace

I got it for Christmas...its amazin'!!!

great solos from John and Flea like you said...and the bullet point technology that keeps Kiedis suspended in mid air jumps....the whole scene is amazing....and...my teacher was at the concert nd she said it was her favourite concert ever....shez summin like 25

Stacked-actor
06-29-2005, 08:26 AM
RHCP is amazing, one of my favorite bands...But they get really fast boring :rolleyes:

Stone Cold Bush
06-29-2005, 08:31 AM
They're my favorite band, as you can see from my username.

Geezer1287
06-29-2005, 09:08 AM
I saw em at Hyde park, wot an amazin show, the energy they capture intheyre songs, and improv is inspiring to anyone. theyre best album imo is uplift mofo party plan, the best thing about them is that theyre style changes all the time

Shaft!
06-29-2005, 03:55 PM
I've heard the Slane Castle performance is rather awesome.
I like "Fight Like A Brave" off of "The Uplift Mofo Party Plan". I confess I only heard it from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, but I liked the funky sound. I'm glad I liked it more than the pop punk on the soundtrack.
It's still a favorite of mine.

7killer7
06-29-2005, 05:41 PM
i'm a huge fan. i've seen them live 15 times, there's just something amazing about their live concerts that you can't describe, you just have to go. i cannot wait to hear what they've done for the new album, i'm pissing myself with anticipation.

chorbalan
06-29-2005, 06:05 PM
One of my favourite bands. It seems to me that Chad Smith could do so much better then he does during recording. He does some pretty good stuff at live shoes I've heard.

Brandnewlow
06-29-2005, 06:22 PM
Best band ever imo. Its crazy how john is still alive. I saw a bio on the chilis and it showed a video of john in his worst point to his addiction to heroein, crazy, his head was huge, and as someone said had 1/12 his bodys blood, pretty heartbreaking. And now he has no teeth because of his past, but his voice suits the chilis so well live like on dont forget me and otherside. My favourate song would have to be dont forget me, the live at slane version, that last solo is the most amazing and heavenly solo ive ever heard.

It seems to me that Chad Smith could do so much better then he does during recording

ya i got that too, but then again, all of them are much better live, but chad definately excells live. I guess they keep it simple when recording.

KRASH
07-01-2005, 02:33 AM
Space may be the final frontier but it's made in a Hollywood basement....

And Cobain can you hear the spheres singing songs off station to station....

Glitterati
07-01-2005, 02:41 AM
And Cobain can you hear the spheres singing songs off station to station....

...and if want these kind of dreams it's Californication. Such a great song, eerily beautiful.

Convectuoso
07-01-2005, 04:54 AM
Peace
I'm going to borrow it off my dad, he never wtches it so I'll end up keeping it fingers crossed :D

I've seen it before and yes the whole Kiedis in mid-air is wicked cool :thumb:

:)

cobain_999
07-01-2005, 05:28 AM
i was reading rolling stone mag and im pretty sure they sed flea is the BEST bassist ever RHCP rule i got their gr8st hits its awesome

Shaft!
07-01-2005, 07:27 AM
They'd be fools to even say that. Flea isn't the best, as awesome as he is. They might have said best rock bassist, but best bassist ever? No. I wouldn't even say he's the best rock bassist ever. You can't really determine who is "best", you don't know what all they're completely capable of. Tim Commerford could be able to solo like Eddie Van Halen on bass and we may never know it because it doesn't seem to be his style. Nate Mandel may be able to play funkier rhythms than Flea and we may never know it because Foo Fighters are not funk influenced.
If they did say that he was the best ever, they've overlooked Jaco Pastorius, Stu Hamm(whom I've been told is freaking awesome), Les Claypool, numerous funk and jazz musicians, numerous rock bassists, etc.
While Flea is a geat bassist, he is in no way "the best".
I do admire his work, however. Very precise and very melodic. Nice stuff to really mellow out to.

sj_2150
07-01-2005, 07:33 AM
Flea is not the best bassist in the world

People who dont know about music as much as others come to that conclusion because he is one of the most characteristic bassists. Listen to Les Claypool of Primus for starters and then youll realize Flea isnt the best (still is a great bassist)

By the way its bull**** that AEROPLANE was left out of their greatest hits album

AEROPLANE is my favourite Chilli Peppers song and its a joke that it was left out :angry:

Shaft!
07-01-2005, 07:38 AM
Aeroplane is awesome. My friends and I were singing it through a theme park one time and we were almost kicked out for singing "that mother****ers always spiked with pain."
I like the bass and guitar in that song a lot.

Interstate
07-01-2005, 07:45 AM
Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik = one funky ass album

Shaft!
07-01-2005, 07:54 AM
That album is my favorite one by the Chili's. I like Frusciante's guitar work, especially. Anthony's vocals and Flea's bass are also awesome to listen to.

ArmyofDarkness7
07-02-2005, 09:51 PM
the Red Hot Chili Peppers are a great band. they are my favorite.

although flea isn't the best bassist ever, he is my favorite bassist, next to Cliff Burton. Flea is one of the most creative and catchy bassists ever in my opinion. He did a very well done job on "Aeroplane" with his sexy slap bass line. And on "Higher Ground" with the awesome intro and the end of the chorus with he desending bass specialty; and "Stone Cold Bush"- unbelievable slap solo played live.

John has a beautiful voice and breathtaking solos like in "Soul to Squeeze" and beautiful riffs like "Under the Bridge" and one of the best guitarists in my opinon.

Anthony is one of the best frontmen i think, and my favorite next to Bruce Dickinson. He has a great voice.

Chad is very underrated and should get more attention. he is a great drummer live. and he fits the songs perfectly, and doesn't give you just the boring simple drum beat, he acutally improves them to be catchy.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers are like Dream Theater: a band where ALL the members are super talented and hard to find a band with all the members like that. And another fantastic thing about them is they dont do just one genre music. they play any genre: Funk, rock, rap rock, soft rock, funk metal, rap metal, you name it. With songs from the beautiful riffs of "Under the Bridge" to the heavy punk of "Jungle Man" from the tear-making solo of "Soul to Squeeze" to the heaviness of "Blood Sugar Sex Magik" you name it. The Red Hot Chili Peppers are the greatest band to ever live.

Stone Cold Bush
07-02-2005, 10:03 PM
"Stone Cold Bush"sup :cool:

I agree with everything you said, well put.

ArmyofDarkness7
07-02-2005, 10:05 PM
thanks dude :) :thumb: :cool:

No Christ Requires
07-04-2005, 01:10 PM
ArmyofDarkness7 ,

you ve said everything i wanna say about rhcp, and it's great to feel that there are other people who feels the same love i feel about the band.

i adore rhcp and they re my life. i can play every single bass note,slap solos and i worship flea. i feel amazing when i listen to them and playing their songs.

only thing i want to add is i hate ppl who knows only by the way or californication. and i hate that they play nothing from freaky styley,umpp and mother s milk ( knock me down in particular ). if only they play organic anti beat box band, party pn your *****, funky crime,knock me down,jungle man, subway to venus, nobody weird like me and otherz just like in old days..if only..

ArmyofDarkness7
07-04-2005, 01:15 PM
ArmyofDarkness7 ,

you ve said everything i wanna say about rhcp, and it's great to feel that there are other people who feels the same love i feel about the band.

i adore rhcp and they re my life. i can play every single bass note,slap solos and i worship flea. i feel amazing when i listen to them and playing their songs.

only thing i want to add is i hate ppl who knows only by the way or californication. and i hate that they play nothing from freaky styley,umpp and mother s milk ( knock me down in particular ). if only they play organic anti beat box band, party pn your *****, funky crime,knock me down,jungle man, subway to venus, nobody weird like me and otherz just like in old days..if only..

thanks dude, and yea, the RHCP should play more of their old stuff. esspecially stuff like stone cold bush and higher ground.

Rage_Against_The_PC
07-04-2005, 01:29 PM
i agree, by the way they toned down a bit i hope the new stuff is alot more heavy. Mothers milk and One hot minute are my fav albums

Bryan_S
07-04-2005, 01:32 PM
They are my favorite band I want new album from them already lol

Shaft!
07-04-2005, 01:43 PM
I really want to hear the new material. I even went to Barnes & Noble yesterday to check out some of their older stuff.
I heard they've already got about 36 songs or so down. Not all will make it of course, but the Chili's newer albums are getting longer, so I expect some pretty awesome stuff. :thumb:

Aeaon
07-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Incredible band. At first, I considered them average, but then I gave Blood Sugar Sex Magik and now I'm super hooked to it.

Bryan_S
07-04-2005, 06:20 PM
SO anyone know when the new cd is coming out??

Glitterati
07-04-2005, 06:47 PM
I'm really getting into BSSM lately, especially "The Power Of Equality."

Shaft!
07-04-2005, 07:37 PM
No idea. Late this year, early next year?
My best estimate. They were working fairly hard on it. I might just go with later on this year, maybe October-November?
I wish I knew. I'll do some reasearch.

It has recently been revealed that the band are finishing up work on their ninth studio album with the final vocals tracks being recorded. The songs that were debuted last summer are said not to be included on the album. John Frusciante has recently said the following: "There's heavier stuff than the band's ever done, and there's also a lot of beautiful, soaring melodies, I feel like everybody's taking their instrument to a new level." He has also cited that his favourite track off the album is entitled "Only 18". The band spent seven months writing and rehearsing before entering the studio to record. Flea has also said the following: "There are also a lot of ****ed-up aspects to it, all kinds of flaws and dirt that I like to hear on records." The band played a free concert in Las Vegas to celebrate the city's 100th aniversary with Weezer on July 2nd. Two new songs were played at this event.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers are busy recording a new album. A release date is widely anticipated in early Autumn.

That's all I could get from Wikipedia.org.

AIC/EAZY-E
07-04-2005, 10:06 PM
He does some pretty good stuff at live shoes I've heard.

Anyway, so I heard 'Under The Bridge' is about Anthony's heroin addiction?

Bryan_S
07-04-2005, 10:55 PM
Cool thanks revolver :thumb:

Glitterati
07-04-2005, 11:25 PM
He does some pretty good stuff at live shoes I've heard.

Anyway, so I heard 'Under The Bridge' is about Anthony's heroin addiction?

Yes, basically. Keep this open, guys, everyone loves the Peppers.

Oddsen
07-05-2005, 09:15 AM
Flea didn't start playing bass until he was 17! and he is asome. I can't belive he just picked up a bass and just started playing it.

BlackHole
07-05-2005, 09:35 AM
Flea didn't start playing bass until he was 17! and he is asome. I can't belive he just picked up a bass and just started playing it.

It's not like he was completely new to music though, he'd been playing trumpet for a long time before he touched a bass (people were saying that he was a borderline trumpet virtusoso), that and he grew up surround by musicians (father/step-father, i forget which, played upright bass in a jazz band)

ArmyofDarkness7
07-05-2005, 11:07 AM
It's not like he was completely new to music though, he'd been playing trumpet for a long time before he touched a bass (people were saying that he was a borderline trumpet virtusoso), that and he grew up surround by musicians (father/step-father, i forget which, played upright bass in a jazz band)

it was his step-father. when his parents divorced, they moved to new york and his mom got married, and his new dad was a big jazz musician and played a lot of shows and let flea come along. so then flea started playing trumpet.

slaughteredfirst
07-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Great band.

They are one of the ones some of my friends go "YOU LIKE THEM?" when I tell them I do because a lot of my friends think I am all about Death and black metal.

Oddsen
07-05-2005, 11:31 AM
rhcp aren't anything like metal though, but i guess you could still like them. The only people who don't like the red hot chili peppers are people who haven't really heard songs outside their hits or just someone who just likes metal or somthing and dislikes all other kind of music. The thing that makes them so great is that they have lots of great songs outside of their greatest hits.

7killer7
07-05-2005, 12:28 PM
The only people who don't like the red hot chili peppers are people who haven't really heard songs outside their hits or just someone who just likes metal or somthing and dislikes all other kind of music.

very naive statement there... how about people who have heard lots of their stuff and just don't like them? there's definitely plenty of those people, like there are for every band.

Glitterati
07-05-2005, 01:53 PM
very naive statement there... how about people who have heard lots of their stuff and just don't like them? there's definitely plenty of those people, like there are for every band.

Truth.

So, what's everyone's favorite songs?

Shaft!
07-05-2005, 02:49 PM
"Can't Stop", "Blood Sugar Sex Magik", "Fight Like A Brave", their cover of "Fire", and "Suck My Kiss".

Dragon_Prince
07-05-2005, 03:09 PM
This Velvet Glove
Under The Bridge
Can't Stop
The Zephyr Songs
Californication
Universally Speaking
Around The World

^^

Oddsen
07-05-2005, 03:57 PM

I'm saying that most people who has heard lots of thier stuff like them, so if you heard lots of the their stuff you'll like them better then if you heard just the hits like californiocation and under the brindge

Glitterati
07-05-2005, 04:02 PM
I like

Under The Bridge
Rollercoaster
Get On Top
The Power Of Equality
My Friends
Suck My Kiss
Higher Ground
Parallel Universe
By The Way

I could go on for days.

Stone Cold Bush
07-05-2005, 04:03 PM
So... who's everyone's favorite Chili Pepper guitarist?

Glitterati
07-05-2005, 04:07 PM
Frusciante. I can barely listen to them without him. However, Hillel was pretty good, I must admit.

Also, Dave Navarro is a talented guitarist, but his sound doesn't really fit in with the Chilis.

Stone Cold Bush
07-05-2005, 04:12 PM
Frusciante. I can barely listen to them without him. However, Hillel was pretty good, I must admit.

Also, Dave Navarro is a talented guitarist, but his sound doesn't really fit in with the Chilis.
I agree, Frusciante is my favorite, but I like pretty much all their stuff.

Shaft!
07-05-2005, 04:33 PM
So... who's everyone's favorite Chili Pepper guitarist?
I don't have a favorite, as weird as that sounds. I've respected all of their guitarists. Hillel, Frusciante, Navarro, Flea, they're all excellent at their craft.
They make the sounds people love. I pretty much like everything from the Peppers so there's no point in choosing my favorite..
It'd be a hard choice to make for me.

vegasgeetarboy
07-05-2005, 05:00 PM
frusciante would have to be my favorite guitarist. flea is an awesome trumpet player as well as a bassist. i was fortunate enough to hear a song off of their new album called 21st century and it was brilliant. the red hot chili peppers are excellant at their instruments and a very good band

Sticky-Fingers Mahoney
07-05-2005, 05:11 PM
frusciante is my favorite guitarist ever
i have heard "21st century" and "ready made" off the new album and it sounds like they are going a bit more old school :thumb:

vegasgeetarboy
07-05-2005, 05:17 PM
^^
it does seem like they are going back to their earlier style. which i enjoy much more than their stuff now.

Sticky-Fingers Mahoney
07-05-2005, 05:29 PM
indeed
i am so excited for the new album!

Oddsen
07-05-2005, 09:05 PM
frusciante is my favorite guitarist ever
i have heard "21st century" and "ready made" off the new album and it sounds like they are going a bit more old school :thumb:
how did you hear a new track from the new album and do you know anything else?

Mambuto_O'Mally
07-05-2005, 09:56 PM
I love the new one. Its so soothing and relaxing. And just so beautiful.

vegasgeetarboy
07-06-2005, 02:27 AM
im guessing he heard a song off the new album at a concert. thats how i heard em at least

blacklantern
07-06-2005, 06:40 AM
the new album should be great!!!!!!

Mambuto_O'Mally
07-06-2005, 07:40 AM
I mean By THe Way

Shaft!
07-06-2005, 07:43 AM
By the Way was a good album, but I liked Blood Sugar Sex Magik more.
I mean, the title is so awesome, and the title song is good too.
..ok, bad reasons for liking it. I've preferred their older stuff anyway. I guess I liked their stuff before they sobered up.

Oddsen
07-06-2005, 09:40 AM
Blood Sugar was their best then probly californiacation

Neoteric
07-06-2005, 09:47 AM
They're good musicians and make good music but I've never been a big fan.

Taste_My_Scythe
07-06-2005, 10:12 AM
I've never liked them; I think their sound is a little annoying.

Tele_Dude
07-06-2005, 11:27 AM
The Chilis is a very good band. I love most of their music, except for the stuff they did with Navarro.. I cant stand that guy.. Too ghey and ugly, IMO.. He didnt fit in.
Favorite songs:
Dont Forget Me
Under The Bridge
Brandy (cover)
Californication

woundedmonkey
07-06-2005, 12:10 PM
[REQUEST]

Can anyone send me Californication and The Other Side by RHCP?

eghed
07-06-2005, 12:35 PM
The Red Hot Chili Peppers are great. When By The Way came out I just listened to it over and over again. They are all such talented musicians and work so well together. Something that I really love about By The Way is the Magnificent vocal harmonising, Many a time when I'm singing along I'll sing the Harmony instead of the lead.

Oddsen
07-06-2005, 02:53 PM
ya the harmony is good

Glitterati
07-06-2005, 04:32 PM
Blood Sugar Sex Magik is my favorite album. Explosive blistering funk rock.

puppetmaster33
10-20-2005, 04:43 AM
John's solo's are not technically difficult or anything like that, but it sounds so amazing.. like the solo on Californication. :)

Sph
10-20-2005, 04:48 AM
I listened to By The Way on loop everyday for about 6 months.
I used to sing it pretty good too. Damn Puberty :upset:
That's why i now play guitar.:)

guitar-god-in-training
10-20-2005, 05:05 AM
I listened to By The Way on loop everyday for about 6 months.
I used to sing it pretty good too. Damn Puberty :upset:
That's why i now play guitar.:)

y dnt u start a band?:thumb: :thumb:

clown_phobia
10-20-2005, 05:20 AM
John could have been an yngwie type virtuoso bt he chose not to because he doesnt think it sounds good

dr._feelgood
10-29-2005, 08:22 PM
Yeah, John just plays things that sound good, not things that are difficult.

blue3
10-29-2005, 08:26 PM
RHCP is a great band. I need to get more of their albums though..

dr._feelgood
10-29-2005, 08:32 PM
When's their new album supposed to come out?

woundedmonkey
10-29-2005, 08:33 PM
theyre a great band i like how flea always has his cool bass parts... but it doesnt get too much

puppetmaster33
10-31-2005, 05:52 AM
I can't wait for their new album to come out.

The_Passenger
10-31-2005, 12:08 PM
It was meant to be late this year, although that's been bumped back to early/mid 2006, for some reason. Hopefully just because they've got loads of material and have been busy with other things, rather than drugs, or anything like that. I heard rumours that Anthony may have relapsed, but obviously I don't know how accurate they are. Apparently the new album's going to be a combination of funkier stuff and the harmonies on By The Way, which sounds promising to me.

It sounds promising, but at the same time I can't help but feel that the album won't be all that great. To be honest, RHCP have failed to impress me on a large scale since BSSM. They're not all bad these days, but they're not that good either.

Kyle
10-31-2005, 12:12 PM
Apparently the new album's going to be a combination of funkier stuff and the harmonies on By The Way, which sounds promising to me.
yeah that sounds awesome, not sure if it will be as good as it sounds though.

The jazz metal flum
10-31-2005, 12:53 PM
It was meant to be late this year, although that's been bumped back to early/mid 2006, for some reason. Hopefully just because they've got loads of material and have been busy with other things, rather than drugs, or anything like that. I heard rumours that Anthony may have relapsed, but obviously I don't know how accurate they are. Apparently the new album's going to be a combination of funkier stuff and the harmonies on By The Way, which sounds promising to me.

The chili peppers lost they're funk when they did californiacation. I really doubt they can bring it back!

Kyle
10-31-2005, 12:58 PM
The chili peppers lost they're funk when they did californiacation. I really doubt they can bring it back!
I'm sure they can, a lot of Fleas bass lines are still funky. I don't think it will be funk in the same sense that their older stuff was though.

JohnXDoesn't
10-31-2005, 01:01 PM
I really believe these guys are going to deliver. Is Rick Rubin producing? If so I think they can come up with something exceptional. I know they don't like to be backed into a corner creatively, and it never looks good when an album is pushed back, really. But if it is because they are working hard and the material just keeps coming, then some good stuff is around the corner, I'm sure. When the Chili's hit there stride they usually deliver the goods. I'm expecting a lot.

ragingrob
10-31-2005, 01:02 PM
Flea keeps the entire thing going I reckon.

rhcp a test of time
10-31-2005, 09:22 PM
Well what can I say look at my username...

The Chili Peppers are by far my favorite band... period.
They got me into rock music and just completely changed my view and interest in music. The first album of theirs that I listened too actually knowing who they were was By The Way when I was about 10 or 11.( I actually remember hearing Otherside on the radio when I was like 8 years old and liking it 3 years before I even discoverd the band so it was awesome when i did discover them). After that me and my brother started exploring more into their music and buying pretty much all the rest of their albums. I am probably one of the few chili fans that actually likes their new more modern rock and their old Freaky Styley/funkier era equally. I honestly can't say I've heard a chilis song that I don't like and I have about 20 songs of theirs that are equally my favorite. They are such a great band because they made each one of their albums pretty much in a significantly different style and made them all masterfully.

If I had to pick my favorite song by them i would have to say Brother's Cup/Aeroplane/Under The Brigde /Power of Equality/Californication/I could have lied/Tear / The Zephyr song
but there are still others that are equlally my favy

As for predictions for the next album:
I think that they will start regressing back towards where the came form(more funky) because i really dont think that any of their current fans would like anything farther away from their funk roots(although i think by the way was still a great album)

Tele_Dude
11-01-2005, 01:28 PM
This thread needs more recognation :)

I just bought The Uplift Mofo Party Plan, amazing album. Hillel was such a great guitar player.
The new album is going to be great! John's new solo stuff has some very good melodies and riffs, and I bet he's saving the best songs for RHCP. I just hope that Anthony dont sing so high pitched...

.Realm.of.Chaos.
11-01-2005, 01:36 PM
Yeah on BSSM and Mothers Milk I like his vocals.

rhcp a test of time
11-03-2005, 09:12 PM
Just for clarification the song Fire was originally done by Jimi Hedrix because I remember reading a post abou this earlier in thread but i couldn't find it

slaughteredfirst
11-03-2005, 09:20 PM
I was just listening to these guys when I saw this thread.

Great band.

I only have a greatest hits thing, but I want BSSM so bad.

I might buy it this weekend.

funkyflea182
12-31-2005, 10:30 PM
The Chili Peppers are amazing. I know this has been said many times before but i needed to put my two cents in. O hey flea if you read this...come on tour in Erie Pa and well have a good time :chug: ...if anyone can explain to me what the hell is going on in "right on time" though thatd be great cuz either my fingers are pussy or flea is rockin the ganja

Sph
12-31-2005, 10:58 PM
Wow, i've never noticed this thread before. RCHP a definately my fave (non-thrash) band.

Edit: Wow, I have noticed this thread before. I've posted in it too. :lol:

O hey flea if you read this...come on tour in Erie Pa and well have a good time:naughty:

ScotJay
12-31-2005, 11:55 PM
They're great and even better live.

Sph
01-01-2006, 12:05 AM
They're great and even better live.
OMG Another Jay! :eek: Ain't seen you around here before.

Evil Clown Liquor
01-01-2006, 05:06 AM
Just for clarification the song Fire was originally done by Jimi Hedrix because I remember reading a post abou this earlier in thread but i couldn't find it

What? Noooooooo! Surely you jest?

iamnguyen
01-03-2006, 05:45 PM
RHCP first single is called danni california
(from the rhcp forum)

clown_phobia
01-03-2006, 06:26 PM
Ive heard a live bootleg from their new album. It's very good! Its funny at the end how flea says people should bootleg this and put it on the internet and make some money.

Godzilla1969
01-03-2006, 06:46 PM
John Frusciante is one of my favorite guitarists. Can't wait for the new album.

Godzilla1969
01-03-2006, 06:47 PM
Ive heard a live bootleg from their new album. It's very good! Its funny at the end how flea says people should bootleg this and put it on the internet and make some money.
Does it sound more like the earlier Chili Peppers? Because I didn't really like By The Way.

badtaste
01-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Is anyone bothered by the fact that RHCP appeal to lots of poppy fans? Is sorta annoys me at times. Yeh, I'm arrogant so shoot me.

But seriously, it's annoying how your Hillary Duff fan can also claim to be a RHCP fan (not that there's anything wrong with Hillary Duff).

clown_phobia
01-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Does it sound more like the earlier Chili Peppers? Because I didn't really like By The Way.

yeah a bit more. Its got a nice funky chord progression that sounds like i've heard it before. I've only heard it once so it's hard for me to say.

SmashingPumpkin
01-03-2006, 09:04 PM
'Tis a shame that the One Hot Minute stuff is completely ignored in concert now, even one of their more successful singles in 'My Friends'. I guess it's hard not to ignore at least one period in the Chili's 20 year career, as I'm missing the point that all the pre-BSSM material is being left out aswell. Down the road, on tour I would really like RHCP to throw in a random 'Jungle Man' or 'Backwoods' to the unsuspecting masses. I wonder how many people would be familiar with those tracks?
Yeah, I would love for them to play some songs from before BSSM. Problem is, not many people would actually recognize those songs.

Backwoods is one of my favorite RHCP songs.

iamnguyen
01-03-2006, 09:17 PM
fight like a brave is one of my old favs from the rhcp

baba 'O bubba
01-04-2006, 01:29 AM
Good band. I'm looking forward to the next album. I have a distinct feeling greatness (or near greatness) is going to be achieved. I actually had the pleasure of meeting Anthony one day at a local 12 step meeting. I had gone with a friend and there he was sharing his story. Talked with him a little afterward. Nice guy, it seemed.

TheMachineRagesOn
01-04-2006, 07:57 AM
Id love to see them do a setlist with songs from freaky styley and uplift with the odd BSSM song thrown in. Most of their setlist now is made up of tracks from californication, not that its a bad thing at all, but hey id love to see the old school chili's funk back.

Not to mention the look on the majority of "fans" faces when they hear a something from the pre BSSM era.

ThePoliceHelicopter
01-04-2006, 08:20 AM
Blackeyed Blonde, just a song they HAVE to play! And Out In LA.

Sph
01-04-2006, 08:41 AM
I love Blackeyed Blonde. Most of there stuff from Freaky Styley and Mother's Milk is awesome. I really need to get their first two albums. Any suggestion on which to get first?

TheMachineRagesOn
01-04-2006, 09:06 AM
That song from a bassist's point of view will make you cream your pants.

As it did to me..

RHCPaddict
01-04-2006, 09:48 AM

The only song they play in concert from OHM is Pea.
And if you've seen Off The Map, they play Me & My Friends, Skinny Sweaty Man and Blackeyed Blond. And I beleive that was in 2001.

RHCPaddict
01-04-2006, 09:54 AM
I love Blackeyed Blonde. Most of there stuff from Freaky Styley and Mother's Milk is awesome. I really need to get their first two albums. Any suggestion on which to get first?

Freaky Styley is a great album, and it is their second album....and you already have it, so...
The Red Hot Chili Peppers (self titled) it's a good album.
If I were you I'd get The Uplift Mofo Party Plan (third album ). Hillel playes some great guitar in this album and Flea does some wicked awesome bass lines.

Then By The Way. It rocks. It's a genius record.
Then BSSM. This was their breakthrough, I think it's one of their best albums.
Then Californacation-this is good, Has some good tracks on it.
OHM is pretty good, but Dave kinda took them out of their regular style.

RHCPaddict
01-04-2006, 09:54 AM
That song from a bassist's point of view will make you cream your pants.

As it did to me..

Me too.

It's insane.

RHCPaddict
01-04-2006, 09:56 AM
Blackeyed Blonde, just a song they HAVE to play! And Out In LA.

They played Blackeyed Blond on Off The Map. That was in 2001.

Out in LA was their VERY FIRST song so I doubt they'll want to play it in alot of concerts. Anthony was even saying stuff from BSSM like Under the Bridge and Give It Away are starting to sound like oldies to him.

RHCPaddict
01-04-2006, 09:57 AM
Id love to see them do a setlist with songs from freaky styley and uplift with the odd BSSM song thrown in. Most of their setlist now is made up of tracks from californication, not that its a bad thing at all, but hey id love to see the old school chili's funk back.

Not to mention the look on the majority of "fans" faces when they hear a something from the pre BSSM era.

ha, all those so called fans.

It makes me laugh, they call themselves fans cause they know 3 songs.

hahahaha

RHCPaddict
01-04-2006, 10:00 AM

I got that too.

Flea was like: This song is going to be on our next album and it's not out yet so go on the internet, bootleg the track and make some f*cking money!
Then Anthony goes: Make some f*cking money and donate it up!
Then Chad does that drum thing when someone makes a joke...

hahaha

Sph
01-04-2006, 10:00 AM
Freaky Styley is a great album, and it is their second album....and you already have it, so...
Ah yes, my mistake. I need Uplift Mofo Party Plan and Self Titled. I was leaning towards Uplift Mofo Party Plan so I think I will get it. Thanks :thumb:

And yeah, i'm not a fan of Navarro. He's a good guitarist and all but he doesn't suit their style. Though he did contribute some good stuff.

:smoke:

Edit: I wouldn't suggest posted six times in a row RHCPaddict. Just edit the first post.

RHCPaddict
01-04-2006, 10:01 AM
Ah yes, my mistake. I need Uplift Mofo Party Plan and Self Titled. I was leaning towards Uplift Mofo Party Plan so I think I will get it. Thanks :thumb:

And yeah, i'm not a fan of Navarro. He's a good guitarist and all but he doesn't suit their style. Though he did contribute some good stuff.

He did, like Walkabout is a great song, as is Areoplane.

Sph
01-04-2006, 10:03 AM
He did, like Walkabout is a great song, as is Areoplane.
Don't forget My Friends.

RHCPaddict
01-04-2006, 11:46 AM

April/May with the single (Dani California) coming out on March 24th.

Kyle
01-04-2006, 11:58 AM
I mean people talk about trying not to double post, I'm pretty sure I just counted 6. RHCPaddict when you forgot something in a post just edit it back into the original one.

baba 'O bubba
01-04-2006, 01:00 PM
The only song they play in concert from OHM is Pea.
This is kind of a shame. There are some good cuts on that album. Some have already been mentioned, and I think Warped, One Big Mob, and Tearjerker are also worthy. Shallow Be Thy Game is another good rocker.

Navarro was never a good fit for this band, though. He's too much of a ROCK guitarist for the Chili Peppers. And I think most know what I mean by that. He just has a heavy handed style that didn't lend itself well to the band. But I suppose he served his purpose well while he was around. Now he's free to make cheesy reality TV shows, and host cheesy ones, as well. I'm not real fond of his celebrity activities these days :-\

Sph
01-04-2006, 01:16 PM
I've always liked Slovak. His style is fantastic, he's unparalleled. True proof that talent goes far beyond speed and technicality.

baba 'O bubba
01-04-2006, 01:26 PM
^^Hell yeah, Slovak was brilliant. Just really a fantastic guitarist who understood his instrument and Chili Pepper music. And yes, of course talent goes far beyond speed and technicality. I think many beginners think speed and technicality set some sort of benchmark or something. And those who pursue it can sometimes become arrogant. I personally feel a musician should just take what they know and apply it to music they love to play. Whatever the genre. If it was all about shredding, well, it would be a pretty musically stale world out there.

Slovak knew what he was doing. And J.F. knows what he is doing, as well. Both excellent musicians in there own right.

Sph
01-04-2006, 01:53 PM
I don't really have a boundary of genres that I enjoy. As long as the musician puts soul into his/her music, i'm into it. But I have to admit, RHCP were the first band I really listened to, the first band I bought a CD of, and the first band I attempted to learn a song of.

If it weren't for Frusciante and Slovak I wouldn't be playing guitar.

baba 'O bubba
01-04-2006, 02:16 PM
^^lol

It's funny you should mention that. I grew up listening to all different kinds of genres. My mom was a single parent, and whoever she dated would often times have different musical tastes. So she would always get into different styles of music and play them all around the house. So I was exposed to country, old school funk, oldies, "classic rock", jazz, pop, and the whole spectrum, really, starting at a very early age. And her own taste was "alternative" (at least then. It was "pre grunge"). So i heard a lot. But I really didn't settle on a band/style of my own until I was 11 and saw The Kids Are Alright Who documentary. It just struck a chord with me. Then my mom found an old vinyl copy of Face Dances at a flea market, and that was it. I was introduced to my all-time favorite band. This is the point where I stoped simply hearing music, so to speak, and actually started to listen to it. Got my first guitar not soon after and learned I Can't Explain. And I swear to this day Townshend is the best rock guitarist ever. I have my reasons for thinking this. And although I know in reality he is not, he is to me. :)

RHCPaddict
01-04-2006, 04:23 PM
ArmyofDarkness7 ,

Exact same with me.

(Are you on OHG? I recognize your username)

RHCPaddict
01-04-2006, 04:24 PM
I've always liked Slovak. His style is fantastic, he's unparalleled. True proof that talent goes far beyond speed and technicality.

I love Slovak, and Flea is my biggest influence. Without Hillel, Flea wouldn't play bass and therefore neither would I....It's a chain.

I love Hillel Slovak. Shame he's gone...

Magical_Mystery_Tour
01-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Red Hot Chille Pepper thread? :amaze: Well, I suppose they are a good band. They used to be my fav till I moved on to Beatles. I still love Under the Bridge though. Such a wicked song.

Bplay
01-06-2006, 01:18 AM
Hey IM from Mexico and im a really huge RCHP fan, im a basssist myself and im a huge fan of Flea, hes great. I was wondering, does any of you know the fingerings, Flea Uses in the Song "RIGHT ON TIME" from the Californication Album?, i believe he uses his 3 main fingers, but its actually easier if you play it with just 2 but any way, if you do know the exact fingerings, or have an acurate tab, score, or song book please let me know.

iluvkirkhammett
01-06-2006, 01:19 AM
I love to play Scar Tissue, it's such a beautiful song.

Sph
01-06-2006, 01:24 AM
So do I. That and Under The Bridge.

apple pie
01-15-2006, 08:56 PM
The new Red Hot Chili Peppers Album will be hitting stores on May the 8th and it is indeed a double.

BludgeonySteve
01-15-2006, 09:05 PM
I hope they go back to funky rock. Their last few albums haven't been and I prefer the groooooooooooooooooooooove rather than their more radio-friendly songs.

FruscianteFan08
01-15-2006, 09:14 PM
I hope they go back to funky rock. Their last few albums haven't been and I prefer the groooooooooooooooooooooove rather than their more radio-friendly songs.
I don't know if it's funkier... but it's definitely heavier. They're bringing back a lot of funk metal influences, along with a lot of other styles thrown in. I think you're gonna be satisfied with the result though

TheDMV
01-15-2006, 09:25 PM
As long as it's full of solid songs with no filler and hopefully a nice mix of all their styles, I will be more than pleased.

virtuoso199
01-15-2006, 09:25 PM
RHCP sucks. The guitarists in Avenged Sevenfold are so much better than that guy.

JonG
01-15-2006, 09:26 PM
RHCP sucks. The guitarists in Avenged Sevenfold are so much better than that guy.
You like Green Day.

Nothing further.

TheDMV
01-15-2006, 09:27 PM

Then post in the A7x thread you douche. If you don't care about the Chilis then get out of this thread scum.

Phallus Dei
01-15-2006, 09:27 PM
You like Green Day.

Nothing further.
Quiet you!
Notice the plural of guitarists meaning more then one. J. Fru could spin circles around those wankers even if there are two of them or whatever.

This isn't news to me so I'm not excited, I probably won't buy the album but I hope John sing in a few songs, he has such a good voice.

BludgeonySteve
01-15-2006, 10:02 PM

And there are a lot of guitarists who are much better than the ones from Avenged Sevenfold. What's your point?

Miek
01-16-2006, 01:07 PM
anybody else think this is a gimmick acount?

rhcp pman
01-16-2006, 06:54 PM
Ummm no. John Frusciante is much better. I don't recall Frank Zappa every trying to hire A7X's guitarists.

Sph
01-16-2006, 07:06 PM
anybody else think this is a gimmick acount?
Either that or he's an idiot.

I love Green Day and the reason they are more popular than other bands is because they are better than them.
That's one of his posts in a Green Day bashing thread. Who does he think he's kidding?

FruscianteFan08
01-16-2006, 08:50 PM
First of all, I liked Green Day... until I discovered what actual music sounded like

Secondly, to compare the a7x guitarists to John is pointless in the first place. Some people are better than others depending on genre, I respect all 3 guitarists, but John above all.

Sph
01-16-2006, 08:56 PM
...but John above all.
Hence your name.

And Green Day have some notable songs. None of which I would go out of my way to listen to though.

virtuoso199
01-17-2006, 07:22 PM
alright, maybe you guys are right about the guy from RHCP being pretty good, but im still not crazy about him

Jerzzzey
01-17-2006, 10:26 PM
alright, maybe you guys are right about the guy from RHCP being pretty good, but im still not crazy about him

You are a funny guy.

rik
01-26-2006, 02:17 PM
So this seemed the closest thread to an "official chili peppers thread"

I was wondering if one of you lovely fans could upload "coffee shop" for me (preferably yousendit) I'd appreciate it a hell of a lot.

TheGoat
01-26-2006, 02:50 PM
Red Hot Chille Pepper thread? :amaze: Well, I suppose they are a good band. They used to be my fav till I moved on to Beatles. I still love Under the Bridge though. Such a wicked song.
Woah, RHCP was also my fav band and now is the Beatles =(). Anyways, RHCP is a great band. I play guitar and flea was somehow my inspiration. I know he plays bass but somehow is what got me into music and to buy my first guitar.

blue3
01-26-2006, 03:47 PM
Whoa, me too.

Not really. I have a lot of favorite bands.. the Beatles is one of them. And that's weird that Flea inspired you to play guitar. I want to get a bass soon.

metalhed
01-26-2006, 04:01 PM
Woah, RHCP was also my fav band and now is the Beatles =(). Anyways, RHCP is a great band. I play guitar and flea was somehow my inspiration. I know he plays bass but somehow is what got me into music and to buy my first guitar.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

me to. i play guitar and at one point i wanted to switch to playing bass

dr._feelgood
01-26-2006, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I play guitar and I've been thinking about switching to bass, would it be like starting from scratch, though?

randomthought9
01-26-2006, 07:50 PM
I've tried bass, just playing around with it at music stores, I suck. Bass is sweet though, I'd love to get one.

robo2448
01-26-2006, 07:55 PM
Hmm... for some reason I haven't posted in this thread yet. Anyway, I'm really getting into the Chili Peppers. I've gotten a few of their cds recently. I have Greatest Hits, Blood Sugar Sex Magic, and Californication. Anyone have any suggestions to what to get next? And do they have any live albums out?

TheDMV
01-26-2006, 08:19 PM
Hmm... for some reason I haven't posted in this thread yet. Anyway, I'm really getting into the Chili Peppers. I've gotten a few of their cds recently. I have Greatest Hits, Blood Sugar Sex Magic, and Californication. Anyone have any suggestions to what to get next? And do they have any live albums out?

Apparently, Live at Slane Castle DVD is pretty good. If you like the funky stuff, go for their earlier work. That's what I'm trying ot get more of.

Sph
01-26-2006, 10:41 PM
Apparently, Live at Slane Castle DVD is pretty good. If you like the funky stuff, go for their earlier work. That's what I'm trying ot get more of.
Live At Slane Castle is great. Way better than Live At Hyde Park, I was really disappointed with it. Funk ftw.

robo2448, for funkier stuff try Freaky Styley or Uplift Mofo Party Plan. For heavier (similar to Blood Sugar Sex Magik) stuff try Mother's Milk. If you like their newer stuff have listen to By The Way.

rik
01-27-2006, 05:53 AM
No one got coffee shop then?

HELLonWHEELS
01-27-2006, 08:39 PM
where can i find some of there keyboard tabs??

blue3
01-28-2006, 03:32 PM
I don't play keyboard. But, I found this - http://www.thetabworld.com/Red_Hot_Chili_Peppers_keyboard_tabs.html

Rayne264
01-28-2006, 04:54 PM
that is one of the greatest performances ive ever seen. it is definately a must see for any rhcp fan.

Samick
01-28-2006, 04:58 PM
yeah, i like to think of the chili peppers as a punk band....except, the day befor the record there first album, they didnt pick up there insturments for the first time

1/3 skilled
01-28-2006, 05:29 PM
yea flea inspired me to play bass.. but sence its so hard to play his stuff, ive got mad and quit several times.. and yet he still brings me to play it again..

slane castle dvd is so awsome.. to bad my copy is scratched to hell.. any one want to upload it and send it to me? lol.. no really i would love to see it again..

HELLonWHEELS
01-28-2006, 09:18 PM
I don't play keyboard. But, I found this - http://www.thetabworld.com/Red_Hot_Chili_Peppers_keyboard_tabs.html
thanxs dude that worked didn't have the song i was looking for. but thanxs

Fleapeppers
01-29-2006, 01:42 AM
Flea was one of the many big inspirations to me (obviously!) but the whole band in general is just flat out awesome. music wise their older music was harder to play, although their new stuff is very good as well. i give the older stuff a little edge over the newer stuff. I cant wait for the release of their next album. does anyone know when its comin out?

redstar_blackfist
01-29-2006, 04:35 AM
Flea was one of the many big inspirations to me (obviously!) but the whole band in general is just flat out awesome. music wise their older music was harder to play, although their new stuff is very good as well. i give the older stuff a little edge over the newer stuff. I cant wait for the release of their next album. does anyone know when its comin out?
this year
May

samthebassman
04-11-2007, 08:08 PM
About a year ago.

samthebassman
04-12-2007, 12:46 AM
I dont know if there is any chance of getting this thread back on track but I will give it a go.

Fave Chilli's songs or Fave Chilli's albums, discuss, post haste!

PepsiMetal
04-12-2007, 12:58 AM
this year
May

Didn't stadium arcadium come out last year? :confused: So they have another album this year?

antihippy
04-12-2007, 02:02 AM
they're good, but the fact that they are less funky than last time really turned me off. funky chilli peppers were the best.

CockeyedMaverik
04-12-2007, 12:27 PM
r u saying that stadium arcadium isnt funky? maybe not as funky as blood sex sugar magik but still pretty funky in its own right.

samthebassman
04-12-2007, 06:23 PM
Californication is my fave album by them, Stadium Arcadium has to much filler.

samthebassman
04-13-2007, 05:08 AM
BSSM was probably when they were at their funkiest.

Britton
04-14-2007, 03:11 PM
Dang. I was looking for a RHCP thread a while back. I want to the San Antonio show back in march. Since then I've learned about 20 songs and five thousand odd facts.

Awesome band

samthebassman
04-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Great band, this thread is pretty dead though.

samthebassman
04-20-2007, 03:00 AM
Hump De Bump was a terrible choice for a single.

samthebassman
04-23-2007, 05:15 PM
There are some nice bitches in the vid though.

CockeyedMaverik
04-24-2007, 01:45 PM
u must really love flea. bass man that refuses to let the rhcp thread fade away. i feel ya man. have u gotten into janes addiction yet?

samthebassman
04-24-2007, 05:39 PM
yeah bro, their early stuff was good, I'm trying to keep this thread afloat.

ishbu123
04-24-2007, 06:05 PM
mother's milk is the best because its the first album that really showed more seriousness and direction...uplift mofo party plan was awesome too but the one's before that didn't even feature HIllel...they cycled a few members for the first two... the first eponymous album of theirs was all over the place..I liked everyone but that one because in 84 they were still finding their sound and didn't really know what they were doing... and HIllel wasn't even entirely committed to the band back then.

samthebassman
04-24-2007, 06:47 PM
I like parts of mothers milk, but it isnt a cohesive album.

TojesDolan
04-24-2007, 06:55 PM
I want to buy Californication, and some old stuff.

CockeyedMaverik
04-25-2007, 11:41 AM
i feel like the rhcp have gotten better over time. "like a fine wine, really"

and im more of a jamband guy and i lean towards the janes addiction live stuff over the rhcp live stuff. though they both put on a great show. flea is so good at showing other people how much u can get into the music. so funky

fugged
04-25-2007, 02:41 PM
mother's milk is the best because its the first album that really showed more seriousness and direction...uplift mofo party plan was awesome too but the one's before that didn't even feature HIllel...they cycled a few members for the first two... the first eponymous album of theirs was all over the place..I liked everyone but that one because in 84 they were still finding their sound and didn't really know what they were doing... and HIllel wasn't even entirely committed to the band back then.

123 mother's milk > everything else ever..

CockeyedMaverik
04-25-2007, 02:45 PM
u think so? i havent listened to mothers milk in a long long time but i dont remember falling in love with it.

fugged
04-25-2007, 03:01 PM
definitely.. i'm a huge fan of mother's milk
if it's any help.. the ranking of the rhcp albums i own:
mother's milk
one hot minute
blood sugar sex magik
greatest hits
californication
by the way
stadium arcadium

samthebassman
04-25-2007, 04:58 PM
for me

1.californication
2.by the way
3.BSSM
4.stadium arcadium
5.one hot minute
6.mothers milk
7.freaky styley
8.uplift
9.RHCP

samthebassman
04-26-2007, 10:55 PM
Fave Chili songs?

For me:

Around The World
Aeroplane
Transcending
Cant Stop
Tell Me Baby
Hard To Concentrate
Desecration Smile
Throw Away Your TV
Venice Queen
Leverage Of Space

samthebassman
04-29-2007, 09:54 PM
And Soul To Squeeze!!!

MadeyAdamz
04-29-2007, 10:41 PM
what was that song i heard it on the radio it had a catchy chorus i usually dont like rhcp but this sounded kinda kewl

it was like hump hump or something

samthebassman
04-30-2007, 06:26 PM
hump de bump, the new single, not great in my opinion

fugged
04-30-2007, 06:36 PM
.. pretty horrible imo

clairvoyant
04-30-2007, 06:54 PM
yea hump de bump sucks,

MadeyAdamz
04-30-2007, 06:54 PM
hump de bump

u gotta hump de bump

samthebassman
04-30-2007, 10:44 PM
hot chicks in the vid though

Pro_Bassist
05-01-2007, 12:08 AM
the vocalist looks kewl the rest of the band looks old

samthebassman
05-01-2007, 12:46 AM
The video is pretty bad all round, except for the chicks.

penelope weird hands
05-01-2007, 01:59 AM
Yeah it is pretty poop.
And the song itself reminds me of my ex..

*vomit inducing shudder*

}:^(

StrawberryFieldsForever
05-01-2007, 03:25 PM
I love Hump de Bump, fun to drive too.

Sure it's not exactly lyrically intelligent, but its fun.

fugged
05-01-2007, 08:22 PM
it reminds me of a frat party i went to once :rolleyes: