PDA

View Full Version : My Solo Album...cd help

Pages : [1] 2

apromisingyear
06-24-2005, 04:57 PM
I need to make (on my own) 30,000 copies of my album. I've been shopping around online for a way to buy them in bulk for cheap. I've "googled" it and got nothing. Can anyone PLEASE direct me to a link where I can buy 30,000 blank cdr's for cheap. Thanks.

7 skrang
06-24-2005, 05:04 PM
Are people really going to buy 30,000 albums....

maybe 500 would work.

moaner
06-24-2005, 05:05 PM
get 500. wait til they sell. make 1000. wait till they sell. then start to think about maybe 5000?

How the f'uck are you gonna burn 30k CDs?

how are you going to sell 30 000 copies?

moaner
06-24-2005, 05:06 PM
although, if it was up to the standards of your face melting solo, you'd have 1000 sales form mx alone.

HereticX
06-24-2005, 05:09 PM
30K is way too much dude..unless of course you're playing for an already established band..
2K would be better.
I assume you need a factory to print and copy them for you and not 30k blanks!
I know one but it probably is way too far away from where you live unfortunately.

I Love Fat women
06-24-2005, 05:09 PM
Soundclick?

Also, call up some CD manufacturer or something. Call up TDK or Sony or whatever and see what kinda deals they have...

moaner
06-24-2005, 05:13 PM
http://www.247discs.co.uk/asp/searchcategory.asp?cat=blank+cd-r

£9 for 100 = £90 for a thousand = £2700.

i doubt you'll find any much cheaper than that.

how much are you looking to spend? how are you going to burn them?

atabner
06-24-2005, 05:42 PM
Yeh, I'm with the crowd. Have you realised quite how many 30k is? If you sell each for just £5, you're looking at making £150,000 from this album! I'd do what people are suggesting - start with a few hundred and go from there.

moaner
06-24-2005, 05:44 PM
£150K?

:lol:

atabner
06-24-2005, 05:46 PM
Would be a nice little income if you could pull it off, wouldn't it!

ak3jw
06-24-2005, 05:56 PM
with all sincerity, good luck selling 50 copies of your cd

Ad Absurdum
06-24-2005, 07:05 PM
Do you have any recordings of your stuff? I'd like to hear.

And I would seriously reconsider making 30,000 copies straight away. Do what moaner said, unless you are sure you will get the sales.

apromisingyear
06-24-2005, 07:22 PM
im sure that 30,000 isnt too much to sale.

The hardest part will be getting 30,000 blanks (without blowing 4-digit numbers) AND getting each of them burned.

As far as selling them goes, shipping them all out will be harder than getting the interest.

I really don't want to sound cocky and im not trying to be. I dont even consider my songs to be all that great.

Although, I do have attention for this album in faraway countries outside of the U.S. such as: Norway, Nicaragua, Mexico, Canada, England/U.K., Europe, Italy, Spain as well as some others. I also have connections with "somewhat" popular indie bands in those countries as well as people interested in various states in the U.S.

I realize 30,000 cd's will fill up about 50-60 boxes (like ones you'd use for moving) and I know they'll be stacked up here in my home studio as they are burned.

I do have lots of help as far as getting them burned/promoted/distributed/marketed.

Lucky me, I have a girlfriend (whom of which i'll be moving in with/marrying) that has taken several college courses in bussiness management, marketing, promotion and a few others so SHE is a big help.

She and I talked and her thoughts are that selling 30,000 is a reasonable amount and whatnot.

However, we will see what happens...but does anyone know where i can get 30,000 blank cd-r's? Im looking for a good deal. Please help

Thank You.

By the way...
If you have any questions or comments please feel free.

GuitarSlinger
06-24-2005, 07:24 PM
where are you gonna sell these at? a stand on the side of the road? and has anyone outside of this forum or family ever heard your stuff?

apromisingyear
06-24-2005, 07:25 PM
heres a link to some tracks: Link (http://myspace.com/aaef)

I suggest "You Made Me Cry Again", it has become quite the favored track.

There are two other tracks to listen to on there. One is just a backing with no guitar or anything and the other is a short track that follows the "intro" track of the album.

The intro (which isnt up there) is just various ambient noises and it goes into the short track on myspace.

Please feel free to comment on it or ask questions.

If you'd like, please add me on myspace.

Thank you

GuitarSlinger
06-24-2005, 07:26 PM
where are you gonna sell these at? a stand on the side of the road? and has anyone outside of this forum or family ever heard your stuff?
you didnt answer my question ^^

punkrootsgd
06-24-2005, 07:27 PM
i think musiciansfriend or music123 had soming like that but i think they do a max of like 5k

apromisingyear
06-24-2005, 07:27 PM

No not on the side of the road. That was a nice thing to say.

Yes people (obviously if you would have taken the time to read my above post) outside of this forum and my family have heard my tracks.

GuitarSlinger
06-24-2005, 07:28 PM
No not on the side of the road. That was a nice thing to say.

Yes people (obviously if you would have taken the time to read my above post) outside of this forum and my family have heard my tracks.
uh i did read your post and it didnt talk about anything like that

apromisingyear
06-24-2005, 07:31 PM
uh i did read your post and it didnt talk about anything like that

I clearly stated that this album has some attention thoughout the U.S. and to some foriegn countries as well. That should have been a good indication that others have heard it. I dont know anyone in Nicaragua but there is attention from there. How? It started with a band I made friends with from over there. they helped me out by getting the name out.

GuitarSlinger
06-24-2005, 07:33 PM
I clearly stated that this album has some attention thoughout the U.S. and to some foriegn countries as well. That should have been a good indication that others have heard it. I dont know anyone in Nicaragua but there is attention from there. How? It started with a band I made friends with from over there. they helped me out by getting the name out.
oops sorry, i must of missed it, i thought you said you were just shipping them to those countries, my bad

apromisingyear
06-24-2005, 07:33 PM
Although, I do have attention for this album in faraway countries outside of the U.S. such as: Norway, Nicaragua, Mexico, Canada, England/U.K., Europe, Italy, Spain as well as some others. I also have connections with "somewhat" popular indie bands in those countries as well as people interested in various states in the U.S.

that should have been the paragraph to give you the answer you were looking for

EDIT: its okay. It was just a misunderstanding :)

GuitarSlinger
06-24-2005, 07:34 PM
that should have been the paragraph to give you the answer you were looking for
look up a post

Fallenvictim
06-24-2005, 07:36 PM
Hey, if Goodcharlotte can sell one cd, this guy can sell a million

apromisingyear
06-24-2005, 07:37 PM

****straight :lol:

Trivium
06-24-2005, 07:44 PM
no way in hell can you burn 30,000 copies alone, you need a company to do the jewel cases, burn the discs, etc

the largest cd burner I could find did 50 at a time (thats 600 rounds), probably take you a few months of no sleep

oh and that cd burner, costs 2000 dollars

Fallenvictim
06-24-2005, 07:46 PM
I think a company could help you out, it would probaley cost around the same to do it yourself+your time

Zakka
06-24-2005, 07:47 PM
About the 30 K copies. Man, dont do it by yourself. Really dont. There are many places (at least here in Brazil) that do the CDs + box + print sheet stuff for some GREAT price if you tell them it's 30.000 copies. So, its not a good deal to do all the work by yourself.

About selling them, people will want to know on how to find your CD (1 of the 4 P's on marketing, place). So, interest without places to sell is useless.

Good luck with this CD thing.

apromisingyear
06-24-2005, 07:52 PM
no way in hell can you burn 30,000 copies alone, you need a company to do the jewel cases, burn the discs, etc

the largest cd burner I could find did 50 at a time (thats 600 rounds), probably take you a few months of no sleep

oh and that cd burner, costs 2000 dollars

True, very true.

(here comes one of my favorite words...)

HOWEVER,

I have a volunteered TEAM of people to help with the production. Basically an assembly line.

Songs burned to blank cd-r > Label burned onto top of cd > Inserts placed in cases > Cases placed back into box > Out to their destinations (in other words, in your hands)

I'll be having 10-20 people burned it onto cd 8-12 hours out of the day straight until production is done. LInserts will be printed onto professional cd quality paper and placed inside the cd by another hand full of people.

Its going to be a LOT of work but in the end of this (not counting costs + fees) i'll make $300,000. Take away the costs/fees it should be about $290,000. For those who aren't so great at math, the album is going for $10. Any other questions/comments?

Zakka
06-24-2005, 07:55 PM
the question is, are you ready to lose your money if things go wrong?

ak3jw
06-24-2005, 07:55 PM
are you going to pay royalites for your backing tracks?

edit: (assuming you didnt create them yourself)

Ŧ®ØŊ
06-24-2005, 08:00 PM

I disagree, I think his music is quite pretentious and sounds very amature.

He'll never sell 30,000 CDs.

Shazzam
06-24-2005, 08:04 PM
roflcopter at this thread :lol:

Shazzam
06-24-2005, 08:05 PM
http://img297.echo.cx/img297/6744/roflcopter2ya.jpg

SocialIntercourse
06-24-2005, 08:06 PM
I disagree, I think his music is quite pretentious and sounds very amature.

He'll never sell 30,000 CDs.

Yeah, I got bored of that first track and stopped it half way. The tone you have on your guitar in the beginning is bad, and the lead isn't very... good.

I Love Fat women
06-24-2005, 08:07 PM
Uhm, I just listened to "you made me cry again", and if the rest of your cd is anything like it, there's not a single chance in hell that you'll sell 30k copies. It won't happend.

Shazzam
06-24-2005, 08:08 PM
Considering alot of well-known bands barely even sell 500,000 cds, how do you expect to sell 30,000?

1,000 is actually possible (maybe)

Shazzam
Uhm, I just listened to "you made me cry again", and if the rest of your cd is anything like it, there's not a single chance in hell that you'll sell 30k copies. It won't happend.

the truth hurts

kidthatplaysguitar91
no offense but your backing tracks suck, it needs more guitar, needs real music, not fricken techno over guitar

Zakka
06-24-2005, 08:10 PM
The main problem isnt really the CD itself. I have a way more professional work recorded with my Ska band and never sold too much albums.

Come on, dont waste your money.

Shazzam
06-24-2005, 08:11 PM
The main problem isnt really the CD itself. I have a way more professional work recorded with my Ska band and never sold too much albums.

Come on, dont waste your money.

No, we want him to.

SocialIntercourse
06-24-2005, 08:12 PM
30,000 is completely unrealistic. Get like 500 maybe. You can sell them to friends and stuff. It isn't very good.

kidthatplaysguitar91
06-24-2005, 08:12 PM
w/e if you wanna buy 30,000 cd's go ahead, but i suggest get some more music in there and kill the techno

kidthatplaysguitar91
06-24-2005, 08:13 PM
your not gonna make $300,000.00

HereticX
06-24-2005, 08:15 PM
True, very true.

(here comes one of my favorite words...)

HOWEVER,

I have a volunteered TEAM of people to help with the production. Basically an assembly line.

Songs burned to blank cd-r > Label burned onto top of cd > Inserts placed in cases > Cases placed back into box > Out to their destinations (in other words, in your hands)

I'll be having 10-20 people burned it onto cd 8-12 hours out of the day straight until production is done. LInserts will be printed onto professional cd quality paper and placed inside the cd by another hand full of people.

Its going to be a LOT of work but in the end of this (not counting costs + fees) i'll make $300,000. Take away the costs/fees it should be about $290,000. For those who aren't so great at math, the album is going for $10. Any other questions/comments?

Hey man, I hate to be the party pooper but the plan kinda sucks... :)

The best course of action would be to outsource all the production to a company that does CD print/sleeve printing. You will probably get a much better deal this way. At the end of the day, if the CD is not silver on the underside noone will consider it a proper album ;)

For a project of this size, you need to secure channels of distribution. Make contact with distribution companies at the countries you want to target. Turn talk into contracts and THEN estimate the projected sales for each country.

You need some sort of marketing plan. Press kits, the actual ads you will place in mags etc..This requires contacts with major magazines in each country. That is where your team of friends can help (calling mags, getting prices etc.)

Then you need to take care of the initial advertising+production capital. The advertising will very likely be more costly than the actual printing of 30K CD's. Make sure you can raise this capital +a bit more for unforseen costs.

If you used other people's stuff as samples, backing tracks, get in touch with them or their companies to get the licence to do so. If your project succeeds and they find out they will sue for all you got +any golden teeth you might have.. :D

In my opinion, It will be one hell of a task to pull this off, especially to reach 30k sales worldwide as a newcoming "nobody" (no offence here) with very little marketing planning.

I think you should rework your strategy. Financially the loss will not be that great in the event of a total flop but still, you need to maximise your chances.. :thumb:

Heh, I knew that degree would come in handy one day..! :D

clairvoyant
06-24-2005, 08:16 PM
Don't do it. Big waste of money. 30,000...yea...right...

Start with 1,000...

Shazzam
06-24-2005, 08:20 PM
Don't do it. Big waste of money. 30,000...yea...right...

Start with 1,000...

Honestly, after just listening to the song, I would highly reccomend starting off with about 10-15 cd's first.

kidthatplaysguitar91
06-24-2005, 08:23 PM
hahahahahahaha

I Love Fat women
06-24-2005, 08:23 PM
I just downloaded a Good Charlotte album just for comparison, it's seriously better... lightyears better.

HereticX
06-24-2005, 08:26 PM
Hey man, I hate to be the party pooper but the plan kinda sucks... :)

The best course of action would be to outsource all the production to a company that does CD print/sleeve printing. You will probably get a much better deal this way. At the end of the day, if the CD is not silver on the underside noone will consider it a proper album ;)

For a project of this size, you need to secure channels of distribution. Make contact with distribution companies at the countries you want to target. Turn talk into contracts and THEN estimate the projected sales for each country.

You need some sort of marketing plan. Press kits, the actual ads you will place in mags etc..This requires contacts with major magazines in each country. That is where your team of friends can help (calling mags, getting prices etc.)

Then you need to take care of the initial advertising+production capital. The advertising will very likely be more costly than the actual printing of 30K CD's. Make sure you can raise this capital +a bit more for unforseen costs.

If you used other people's stuff as samples, backing tracks, get in touch with them or their companies to get the licence to do so. If your project succeeds and they find out they will sue for all you got +any golden teeth you might have.. :D

In my opinion, It will be one hell of a task to pull this off, especially to reach 30k sales worldwide as a newcoming "nobody" (no offence here) with very little marketing planning.

I think you should rework your strategy. Financially the loss will not be that great in the event of a total flop but still, you need to maximise your chances.. :thumb:

Heh, I knew that degree would come in handy one day..! :D

Ummm...just listened to the material...
You might wanna consider a few thousand dollars for bribes for the guys that will critique and rate it in magazines...
Forget it dude, spend the money on a good vacation with your girl... :thumb:

Hadji
06-24-2005, 08:30 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The idea that you could sell 30,000 copies of a CD full of solos is just ridiculous. Are you insane? A majority of people don't want to hear some kids wanking over shitty backing tracks. I'd be suprised if you sold 100 copies.

MrConeman
06-24-2005, 09:04 PM
Ummm...just listened to the material...
You might wanna consider a few thousand dollars for bribes for the guys that will critique and rate it in magazines...
Forget it dude, spend the money on a good vacation with your girl... :thumb:

:lol: :lol:

Thats one of the funniest things I've read on MX and ever

Anyone notice the main overdriven riff in you made me cry again sounds suspiciously like traci chapmans "fast car"

guitarplayer08
06-24-2005, 09:09 PM
I suggest you get your songs mastered first, so it will sounds just like a commercial CD. I can tell they havent been mastered when I listened to them on my pair of Wharfedale DP8.2 Studio Monitors.

Shazzam
06-24-2005, 09:09 PM
this thread delivers

Quiksilver26
06-24-2005, 09:11 PM
yeah dude, i'm not criticizing your music here, i think it's alright. however it's not the type of music that would appeal to that many people, if the whole cd is like that.

EDIT: this thread delivers
my god i love that saying lol. :lol:

HondoII
06-24-2005, 09:16 PM
lol @ this thread

Diatonic Dissonance™
06-24-2005, 09:18 PM
lol@fred

Peg Dizzler
06-24-2005, 09:38 PM
Yeah, I hate to say it APY, but I think you should listen to what most of the people on here have to say. You've disregarded most of their advice from what I've seen so far.

You're young and your music is, well, amateur. I'm sorry.

Start out with 100 or 500 copies of the album and see where it goes from there... definitely don't do more than 1,000. You don't want to be sitting on a pile of your own mediocre CDs when they aren't moving anywhere. Also, are these going to have artwork and whatnot? What you should do is write a little disclaimer saying anyone is free to burn the CD for their friends, that would work much better.

I'm sorry if I offended you in any way, but it's the truth.

atabner
06-24-2005, 09:49 PM
Just lending weight to the arguement. I agree - the stuff you posted has definate talent, but it's nowhere near ready to hit the bigtime. There is a very small market worldwide for instrumentals.

30,000 IS too ambitious, theres no two ways about it.

In any event, what people have been suggesting is the way to do it, even if youre stuck on making 30,000. Make 500, sell them, make 2000, sell them, make 10000 etc. That removes the problem of needing much cash for the initial investment. The prices for CDRS you've been quoted above ARE good, there's no way to avoid costs like that.

gRaciouspatty
06-24-2005, 10:01 PM
there has got to be some company that does this for professionals. I mean, from the looks of it, you must be professional being that you want 30,000 cds. I would keep looking around, I don't know of anything personally.

ChickenMcFicken
06-24-2005, 10:17 PM
No offense but the song you said was best bored me at about a minute or earlier. I don't want to know what the others are like. I see yer from Antioch. Compare 30k to the population of it. I don't know how big the Och is, but I bet you'd have to sell a CD to everyone there to sell 30k, maybe even some to Pitt too.

I know you said you have people outside of the US, but I was just using that for an idea of how many people would have to buy it

snorfledumpkins
06-24-2005, 10:24 PM
I remember that "you made me cry again"from a previous thread, no offense, but if that's the favorite then do you really think you'll sell 30k?!

6stringslinger
06-24-2005, 11:27 PM
what are you smoking?

where did you buy it?

how much did it cost?

actually i think this is a joke,

if you buy 30k, you will be "Crying again"

seriously, start small then buy a few at a time.........if you sell all 30k come back and flame me and everybody in this thread

ak3jw
06-24-2005, 11:37 PM
d00d prove these doubters wrong and make 30,000 cds

if u dont sell them at least it will be a good story to tell when you're homeless and broke

ChickenMcFicken
06-24-2005, 11:39 PM
Ok, I looked it up, the Och is 90k. Can you imagine just about every house owning one of your CDs? (taking into consideration that one household isn't going to own more than one of the Cds)

GuitarSlinger
06-24-2005, 11:40 PM
hahaha chicken your username is hella funny

ChickenMcFicken
06-24-2005, 11:43 PM
It took you 1k+ posts to notice me? I'm sad :(

GuitarSlinger
06-24-2005, 11:45 PM
nah dude ive seen ya around

CannedSpaghetti
06-24-2005, 11:47 PM
I love this thread.

GuitarSlinger
06-24-2005, 11:48 PM
seriously, how is a person that isnt signed by a record company going to sell 30k cds?

ChickenMcFicken
06-24-2005, 11:48 PM
nah dude ive seen ya around
Yeah I know, I was just messing around. I wanted to do something in this room and can't remember so I'm sitting here until I remember.

GuitarSlinger
06-24-2005, 11:53 PM
Yeah I know, I was just messing around. I wanted to do something in this room and can't remember so I'm sitting here until I remember.
:lol: i hate forgetting stuff cuz its like FUCK I KNEW WHAT I WAS GONNA DO NOW I DONT HOW THE FUCK DOES THIS SHIT HAPPEN?

ChickenMcFicken
06-24-2005, 11:56 PM
:lol: i hate forgetting stuff cuz its like FUCK I KNEW WHAT I WAS GONNA DO NOW I DONT HOW THE FUCK DOES THIS SHIT HAPPEN?
123 to that brova

apromisingyear
06-25-2005, 12:26 AM
if you sell all 30k come back and flame me and everybody in this thread

I WILL sell that many and i'll be sure to come back and flame you all...haha

Actually, I don't think I would. I'd come back and let you all know I did but I wouldnt go and throw it all in your faces...but i'll let you guys know how it goes.

Music.is.Life
06-25-2005, 12:26 AM
APY, you are stupid.

God, idiots make me so mad!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I'm having trouble trying put my thougts into words, you are just so AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Okay, if you can't get intrest in a forum filled with GUITARISTS for a GUITAR solo album, there's no way you can EVER sell 30,000 copies. Solo guitarists like Vai have probably never sold much more than that, and you are a piece of crap compared to them. Many bands never sell that much. Even if you were GOOD there would be a very slim chance for you to sell that many, there is just such a small market for this type of music. I've heard your stuff, and to be honest, its not good. I'm sorry but that's the way it is. I seriously dought there is any intrest WHAT SO EVER about your "album" in the countries you listed, actually I'm going to say it's IMPOSSIBLE. I dought that 10 to 20 people will want to work on your crappy cd for 8 hours a day, unless you pay them and they have no job/life.

There are some people on here that could do some solo albums, but not you.

I REALLY CAN'T PUT MY THOUGHTS INTO WORDS, YOU ARE JUST SO STUPID.

You are stupid.

apromisingyear
06-25-2005, 12:29 AM
APY, you are stupid.

God, idiots make me so mad!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I'm having trouble trying put my thougts into words, you are just so AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Okay, if you can't get intrest in a forum filled with GUITARISTS for a GUITAR solo album, there's no way you can EVER sell 30,000 copies. Solo guitarist's like Vai have probably never sold much more than that, and you are a piece of crap compared to them. Many bands never sell that much. I've heard your stuff, and to be honest, its not good. I'm sorry but that's the way it is. I seriously dought there is any intrest WHAT SO EVER about your "album" in the countries you listed, actually I'm going to say it's IMPOSSIBLE. I dought that 10 to 20 people will want to work on your crappy cd for 8 hours a day, unless you pay them and they have no job/life.

There are some people on here that could do some solo albums, but not you.

I REALLY CAN'T PUT MY THOUGHTS INTO WORDS, YOU ARE JUST SO STUPID.

You are stupid.

I'll be honest here, I dont give a **** what vai and other solo guitarists have done. I dont care if they only sold 50 albums. I dont care if they sold 1,000,000 albums. It makes no difference to me. Dont compare me to them. I am my own perosn. Vai is Vai, Satch is Satch, and I am I. Period.

GuitarSlinger
06-25-2005, 12:33 AM
I'll be honest here, I dont give a **** what vai and other solo guitarists have done. I dont care if they only sold 50 albums. I dont care if they sold 1,000,000 albums. It makes no difference to me. Dont compare me to them. I am my own perosn. Vai is Vai, Satch is Satch, and I am I. Period.
but you forgot 1 thing, they make music thats interesting

the21st_fret
06-25-2005, 12:34 AM
I would reccomend contacting a record lable and requesting they design an album cover, then burn them and ship them to you, all for one fee. They might do that, or they might love it and offer you a contract. lol. cool either way really. sign a one album contract, no loss to you if it fails, and if it is succesful, you made a pretty penny anyway and now your name is well known and you would have a better chance of success on an entrepreneural album release (having already fulfilled your one album contract.

ChickenMcFicken
06-25-2005, 12:36 AM
I understand where you're going with that APY, but he was just trying to point out that some of the most respected, talented, and famous solo guitarists haven't sold that many, what are the chances you will?

No offence meant here, you're a lot better than me, but that's what he was saying, and I gotta argree with the man, its just not worth the money to produce all those CDs all at once.Do as Moaner says and do a little at a time seeing where yer market is, and expanding upon it.

apromisingyear
06-25-2005, 12:38 AM
but you forgot 1 thing, they make music thats interesting

that is YOUR opinion. A statement like that cannot be considered fact. It's all in the eye of the beholder

GuitarSlinger
06-25-2005, 12:39 AM
wernt you the guy that got like burnt in a guitar battle against like jonus or something awhile back?

Music.is.Life
06-25-2005, 12:40 AM

You should care what they've done, because that's the market you're trying to get into. They all own your soul as a writer/musician/guitarist, and to think that you're "album" is good enough to be in the same section of music stores as them is just ignorant. Yes you are your own person,. but that is beside the point.

the21st_fret
06-25-2005, 12:41 AM
Actually......I just listended to your clip. That sounded like Sh1t!!!!! UUUggghhhh.... It pissed me off as soon as the synthed drum beat thing and the rapper-esque groove came in... Crappy guitar, crapilly written guitar parts, and boring/repetitive.

Nice synthesizer though! HARHARHARHARHARHARHARHAR!!!!!!

Music.is.Life
06-25-2005, 12:42 AM
wernt you the guy that got like burnt in a guitar battle against like jonus or something awhile back?

Now Jonus on the other hand, could definately make a solo album one day.

GuitarSlinger
06-25-2005, 12:45 AM
Now Jonus on the other hand, could definately make a solo album one day.
fuck yea he could

apromisingyear
06-25-2005, 01:00 AM
I understand where you're going with that APY, but he was just trying to point out that some of the most respected, talented, and famous solo guitarists haven't sold that many, what are the chances you will?

I have the "upper hand" so to speak. Satch and Vai (and the like) appeal (mainly) to guitarists only. I (for some odd unknown reason) appeal not only to the guitar crowd but the punk/indie/emo crowd as well. The emo/punk/indie scene has spawned and grown so big its kind of like their all carrying me into their scene on their backs. :)

That WILL (and no matter what you say) help with getting the name out. Only in the emo scene can you go from your garage to the mainstage of a huge gig in less than 6 months... so im not TOO worried.

GuitarSlinger
06-25-2005, 01:01 AM
i would be worried if i were you, do you know how unlikly it is that you will sell say 500 cds?

SRTracer
06-25-2005, 01:05 AM
heres a link to some tracks: Link (http://myspace.com/aaef)

I suggest "You Made Me Cry Again", it has become quite the favored track.

It's not that you don't try hard, but your song made Me Cry Again after every time the little rap beat came in and restarted. This song is so sloppily put together, I just don't know how you plan to have interest in as well as sell 30,000 copies dude. You're a competent guitarist I suppose, but not even as good as the guitarist of Godsmack (not a dis against them or you) and they are millions of years from being a virtuoso in the likes of Satch or Vai or McLaughlin or anyone of any genre in instrumental rock. And take out that "you made me cry again. i think i love you" line. It takes away from the song. The guitar isn't all that bad, but the songs are like freaking MIDI. how are you going to sell 30,000 albums full of songs that are made with MIDI backing tracks and rap beats on Windows Sound Recorder in the Instrumental Solo Guitar genre. I'm sorry man, don't invest that much. Maybe 300- that's an awful lot. A good buddy of mine released a CD about 4 years ago and made 1000 copies and was well liked in my town and a few surrounding, and is STILL trying to GIVE away the copies for FREE. You're not bad man, I really don't think you are, but 30,000 copies is beyond unreasonable. Good luck in whatever you do though man.

the21st_fret
06-25-2005, 01:05 AM
I have the "upper hand" so to speak. Satch and Vai (and the like) appeal (mainly) to guitarists only. I (for some odd unknown reason) appeal not only to the guitar crowd but the punk/indie/emo crowd as well. The emo/punk/indie scene has spawned and grown so big its kind of like their all carrying me into their scene on their backs. :)

That WILL (and no matter what you say) help with getting the name out. Only in the emo scene can you go from your garage to the mainstage of a huge gig in less than 6 months... so im not TOO worried.

Hmmmm...... I'd say all that getting your name "out there" will do is make more people know how bad your music sucks. Do you wanna be the next band that everyone KNOWS, but no one LIKES?
.....*cough*WHITESTRIPES!!!!!......ahem*

Diatonic Dissonance™
06-25-2005, 01:06 AM
I took a dump on my desk and it composed a better song than this.

apromisingyear
06-25-2005, 01:07 AM
By the way...

I honestly think I smell some jealousy. Honestly. I mean, why are you all taking it to heart. Im just releasing an album. You guys act like guitar center is going on a worldwide strike. Calm the **** down. All i've gotten is **** talking. All you guys (excluding the guys who ACTUALLY helped) have done is come here and tell me how im "t3h SuXxXX0rZzZzz L0lzzzz!!!!!1!!!!!11" and how you can do some much better than I. No one (besides a choice few) have been kind or positive in the least.

Having the opinion that I wont sell 30,000 albums is one thing. Telling me it's absolute garbage is another.

This is going to sound contradicting and all but..."I sometimes ****ing HATE guitarists"

Yeah I know im a guitarist. BUT I just hate the typical "guitarist" attitude and i'm really glad there are some cool people here who havent had that attitude and im glad i dont either. Some of your egos, vai/satch obsessive talk, and ****ty behaviors piss me the **** off. Grow up and stop being a bunch of little stuck up bitches.

To the cool/down to earth guys: You rock :thumb: :chug:

GuitarSlinger
I took a dump on my desk and it composed a better song than this.

SRTracer
Only in the emo scene can you go from your garage to the mainstage of a huge gig in less than 6 months... so im not TOO worried.

And likewise, in ANY scene, you can be forgotten in a matter of another 6 months. Don't get your hopes up and make 30,000 copies- spare yourself the heartbreak- and the debt. I'm sure you have local fans, but not anywhere near enough to support even 1,000 dude. Seriously, don't invest into 30,000 freaking copies.

apromisingyear
06-25-2005, 01:10 AM
i rest my case with some of the posters above...

excluding: SRTracer & ChickenMcFicken

Hadji
06-25-2005, 01:11 AM

This is a joke, right? I can't even begin to understand how a person could be as stupid as you are appearing to be. No one has posted in this thread yet saying they like your music. What makes you think that we are the anomalies? You aren't going to sell 30,000 CD's. It's that simple. Thinking that you are is just foolish. I almost feel bad that you are being brought off your high horse, but people have been lying to you. That's what friends do though. They lie to you so that you have confidence and so you can get better. There is a difference, however, between confidence and stupidity. You are being stupid not confident.

GuitarSlinger
06-25-2005, 01:11 AM
i rest my case with some of the posters above...

excluding: SRTracer & ChickenMcFicken
you should really listen to them, if your not signed how you gonna get your stuff into any major music stores?

the21st_fret
06-25-2005, 01:12 AM
Uhhh, well, it's not that we as a body are just dying to flame you and crush your hopes, we are just telling you that that song is what it is.Garbage. And you don't seem to see that, plugging your ears and going "I'M NOT LIIIIIIISSTENIIIIIINGGGG!!!!!!" isn't going to affect the quality of your song, nor the opinions people have about them. Maybe you should ask how you could improve them? I'd suggest for one thing, to get rid of the synth and find a drummer and a bass to play along with. It would sound a million times better.

AJLeadGuitar
06-25-2005, 01:16 AM
sorry even if you could get the cds your going no where

SRTracer
06-25-2005, 01:17 AM

:amaze: That wasn't very nice... :amaze: :lol:

I don't think I could sell 300 copies of my music myself APY... unless I got the hookups in Brazil, Tahiti, Rowanda, Georgia, New Zealand, AND the freaking states! But, if you really think you can, then more power to your positivity and forward-thinking attitude. But that's unrealistic for even professional musicians who make their living through music (namely Jazz musicians :upset: ) Just face the facts; it's very tough to make it among the musical giants and you're coming into that world as an ant- just waiting to be squished out of the way by someone better. In most cases, even with virtuosos, there will almost always be someone way better or at least way more liked, in turn selling more albums, more meaning nearing 30,000 copies. Just don't be angry with us when you come blurting into the forum with somehting about
"*look at me* I need to sell 3.4 million albums by Tuesday- any blank CD's left at your WalMart?" because that's how it comes across to me, and I tried to be honest and help you, but you're being a jerk to everyone, and keep persisting in getting help on this subject. You've already gotten great suggestions (call sony or TDK) so why don't you try them, because it's obvious that few if any people here are supportive of your CD release effort. I think that calling a CD company is a fantastic idea at least to start with. good luck :thumb: :wave:

pfc_mike
06-25-2005, 01:17 AM
ok, i am going to agree and disagree with some of the other posters here...

...first off, i kinda liked the song...but u have to put it into context...i liked it as a poppy almost girly love song...but i personally would not buy a whole album of music just like it (and i know a lot of people will feel the same way)...

...secondly, making your own CDs at home is a bad idea...even if u are able to burn, print, package, etc etc its still a bad idea...what happens if someones computer fvcks up without u noticing? someone will buy a fvcked up copy and then tell everyone they know about their fvcked up experience and u will be looked at as a fvcked up amateur who screws people out of their hard earned money...this is not meant as an insult but as the truth...

...thirdly, u claim that u will make $300,000 and your fees/expenses will only be $10,000...one word: HA!...if u honestly think that selling 30,000 CDs globally will only cost 10 K then u are nuts...don't depend only on word of mouth, u have to advertise...also, u would need an attorney to handle all possible legal issues involved in distributing an album (especially globally)...and also, if u are caught selling CDs in certain countries without a permit/permission u can be in some deep sh!t...

...lastly, 30,000 CDs? i mean, come on...

apromisingyear
06-25-2005, 01:18 AM
This is a joke, right? I can't even begin to understand how a person could be as stupid as you are appearing to be. No one has posted in this thread yet saying they like your music. What makes you think that we are the anomalies? You aren't going to sell 30,000 CD's. It's that simple. Thinking that you are is just foolish. I almost feel bad that you are being brought off your high horse, but people have been lying to you. That's what friends do though. They lie to you so that you have confidence and so you can get better. There is a difference, however, between confidence and stupidity. You are being stupid not confident.

really...i wont sell 30,000 albums? Bet me.

if you're SOOO confident in yourself...bet me. You dont know who has heard what and you dont know who is interested.

By the way, NONE of my friends have heard my tracks. NONE. I wont play it for them. Instead I went to total ****ing strangers and said...HERE and handed them a sampler cd. a few days later my myspace has 1200+ plays. and a butt-load of people joining. I think my myspace has been up for a litte over a month or so.

I know you're thinking, "what the **** does myspace have to do with total stangers listening to his music?".

WELL...

on the sampler was the links. Rather than say, "here listen to this...what do you think?"...i just said, "here"...they must have liked it and added me all on their own.

I know what else you're thinking "how you do know it were the same people that you randomly gave it to?"...I got messages saying, "I got your sampler and i liked it and came to add you".

SO it cant suck TOO hard.

Hadji
06-25-2005, 01:20 AM
I'll bet you $100 right now that you will not sell 30,000 CD's within a year of selling your CD's. I'm not going to make this a 10 year bet.

comm
06-25-2005, 01:20 AM
this thread is going to be a perpetual argument and needs to be assinated

AJLeadGuitar
06-25-2005, 01:21 AM

if you're SOOO confident in yourself...bet me. You dont know who has heard what and you dont know who is interested.

By the way, NONE of my friends have heard my tracks. NONE. I wont play it for them. Instead I went to total ****ing strangers and said...HERE and handed them a sampler cd. a few days later my myspace has 1200+ plays. and a butt-load of people joining. I think my myspace has been up for a litte over a month or so.

I know you're thinking, "what the **** does myspace have to do with total stangers listening to his music?".

WELL...

on the sampler was the links. Rather than say, "here listen to this...what do you think?"...i just said, "here"...they must have liked it and added me all on their own.

I know what else you're thinking "how you do know it were the same people that you randomly gave it to?"...I got messages saying, "I got your sampler and i liked it and came to add you".

we are just tryin to help from being disapointed

your good and al but get 500 not 30000

GuitarSlinger
06-25-2005, 01:21 AM

WELL...

i'll bet ya you wont sell 30k cds

AJLeadGuitar
06-25-2005, 01:22 AM
it sounds like rap beats but no rapping

Diatonic Dissonance™
06-25-2005, 01:23 AM
this thread is going to be a perpetual argument and needs to be assinated
Assinated? :rolleyes:

the21st_fret
actually, its impossible to only spend 10k selling 30k cd's, because for one thing, cd's are gonna cost like, at least a dollar each, or even if you paid 50cents each, it would still cost 15k just to BUY the BLANK F"ING CD'S!!!!!!plus shipping, promotion, printing/designing of album covers. We did go through 5th grade math for a reason. Multiply, man....jeeze.....

Diatonic Dissonance™
it sounds like rap beats but no rapping
At least it's in time.

CannedSpaghetti
06-25-2005, 01:24 AM
Man, DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY 30k is? A ****ing ridiculous amount!

lawlstorm
my god, this is the best thread ever. It deserves to be mounted, im bookmarking it. Honestly. Just stop trying. I mean wow. Nobody is jealous of you. The plain truth is that instrumental guitar albums aren't popular. Let alone the GOOD ones. I will honestly cut off my penis if you sell 30k, and i absolutely love my penis!

AJLeadGuitar
At least it's in time.

yeah but you dont see me trying to sell it

lawlstorm
06-25-2005, 01:25 AM
At least it's in time.
it even falls out of time when he starts going faster

apromisingyear
06-25-2005, 01:26 AM
Okay...

if you all want to doubt me and shoot it down then fine. I already see you're dead set on it anyway. but where i go with this isn't dependent on what the "musicians" see it as...its what the "fans" see it as.

What is good to a musician isnt always good to a fan and visca versa. Why DO you think Good Charlotte sell millions of albums but almost every musician has a deep hatred for them? They appeal to the fans. Why do you think Vai doesnt have videos in full rotation on VH1 or MTV or what have you? because he doesnt appeal to the average music fan. he appeals to guitarists. END OF STORY

Diatonic Dissonance™
06-25-2005, 01:26 AM
I didn't notice; I was too busy having my ears operated on.

AJLeadGuitar
06-25-2005, 01:27 AM
leaves thread

ihavesoldout
06-25-2005, 01:28 AM
I hope this is a joke.
The songs are not good
Your tone is not good
Your guitar skills are not great.

Hopefully you will sell 5 copies.

Sorry to tell you the truth.

AJLeadGuitar
Okay...

if you all want to doubt me and shoot it down then fine. I already see you're dead set on it anyway. but where i go with this isn't dependent on what the "musicians" see it as...its what the "fans" see it as.

What is good to a musician isnt always good to a fan and visca versa. Why DO you think Good Charlotte sell millions of albums but almost every musician has a deep hatred for them? They appeal to the fans. Why do you think Vai doesnt have videos in full rotation on VH1 or MTV or what have you? because he doesnt appeal to the average music fan. he appeals to guitarists. END OF STORY

good luck if you got the fans then you can do it

the21st_fret
Okay...

So you're saying you're perfectly happy with putting out Sh1t, as long as people like you and you make money????? G0Dam you, you aren't even a musician, you're a poser....

apromisingyear
06-25-2005, 01:29 AM

**** you cocksucker. that track is ON ****ING time. How do I know? the ****ing metonome says so. So dont give me that "its out of time" bull ****. I ****ing triple checked that **** and I went back to the master tape just now to be sure. SO...you have a ****ty sense of time...period.

ChickenMcFicken
06-25-2005, 01:30 AM
You actually made a good point, the indie/emo/whatever other genre you put scene in the bay area is quite strong, I think you could definitely make some money in the bay area. But 30k is a lot. Remember thats like every household in the Och owning one of them. I'd start small and move up. Personally I don't like it, but I'm sure there has to be someone that does, if you do.

I think senators count one letter as like 500 people's vote, remember that, but definitely I wouldnt go as far as 30k. Try a few and see where it goes. Also, I'd find a real band instead of those backing tracks, then you could do some gigs and get a following

Hadji
06-25-2005, 01:30 AM
Okay...

What you are failing to see is that the music you are playing is the type of music that appeals to gutiarists. Good Charlotte sells CD's because of their catchy melodies and their looks. Also because of their lyrics. You have no lyrics, no real drums, no real bass, and no decent recording methods. What incentive do people have to buy your CD? It's sub-par quality and they'll have to wait for you to mail it to them to get it. I'm just trying to save you some money here.

apromisingyear
06-25-2005, 01:31 AM
So you're saying you're perfectly happy with putting out Sh1t, as long as people like you and you make money????? G0Dam you, you aren't even a musician, you're a poser....

yeah im a poser...got to hide that simple plan poster...better get the guy in here how is recording the guitars for me and giving me credit...you're absolutely right. :rolleyes:

Zed_Leppelin
06-25-2005, 01:33 AM
I think its safe to say APY is the most arrogant person on the planet.

GuitarSlinger
please learn how to get around the swear filter, you look like a douche bag now

SRTracer
Okay...

That's very true, but your music IS instrumental rock and it's hard to sell that type of thing. Satch is incredible and he doesn't sell millions of albums. Starting out dude, you're going to be set behind so much money just for fronting the cost of the CD's as well as eventually employing people to get these CD's ready. I hope it goes well if you do the full 30,000 but 500 is much smarter- 1000 max. No matter how great your music is, and how listenable it is, it will take a long time for you to gain full exposure to the public and to sell even 1000 copies. I sure hope you make some good decisions with this and fare well from this.

GuitarSlinger
or at least this forum

ihavesoldout
06-25-2005, 01:34 AM
What you are failing to see is that the music you are playing is the type of music that appeals to gutiarists.
I would say it onl appeals to himself. Because guitarwise there is nothing that is even remotely appealing.

GuitarSlinger
06-25-2005, 01:34 AM
you live in the bay are APY? i do too and i havnt heard of you.

Zed_Leppelin
06-25-2005, 01:35 AM
or at least this forum

I guess all his friends just told him his songs were good so his head didnt explode??!?!?!?!111111 :wave:

apromisingyear
06-25-2005, 01:36 AM
What you are failing to see is that the music you are playing is the type of music that appeals to gutiarists. Good Charlotte sells CD's because of their catchy melodies and their looks. Also because of their lyrics. You have no lyrics, no real drums, no real bass, and no decent recording methods. What incentive do people have to buy your CD? It's sub-par quality and they'll have to wait for you to mail it to them to get it. I'm just trying to save you some money here.

it does indeed appeal to guitarists too...no doubt about it...

BUT

I also have emo appeal, punk appeal, indie appeal, rock/rap appeal, and rap appeal.

I know you don't notice it (because I only have one of the album tracks on myspace) but I kick back in some songs and let the rap beats shine through and play around a bit more with bass, samples, synths, effects and what not. I SEE how I have the rap/rock and rap appeal (for obvious reasons) but i never understood where all that other attention came from. Im not complaining though. :)

pfc_mike
06-25-2005, 01:36 AM
Okay...

u r missing one HUGE component that is vital to BOTH Good Charlotte and Steve Vai...THEY HAVE FVCKING CONTRACTS WITH RECORD LABELS!...do u understnad that importance of record labels...they produce the CDs and advertise them and distribute them...THEY DO ALL THE WORK, THATS WHY VAI AND GOOD CHARLOTTE ARE ABLE TO SELL SO MANY RECORDS...

GuitarSlinger
06-25-2005, 01:37 AM
it does indeed appeal to guitarists too...no doubt about it...

where are you know? a guitar forum, filled with guitarists and they're telling you that this is insane and wont happen is your skull really that thick?

the21st_fret
06-25-2005, 01:37 AM
yeah im a poser...got to hide that simple plan poster...better get the guy in here how is recording the guitars for me and giving me credit...you're absolutely right. :rolleyes:

I know i am, and im sure that everyone else here can see that too. lol :lol:

apromisingyear
06-25-2005, 01:38 AM

maybe im arrogant in your eyes but from my eyes i'm just determinded to do this.

pfc_mike
06-25-2005, 01:38 AM
you live in the bay are APY? i do too and i havnt heard of you.

BAY AREA IN DA' HOUSE...alright, thats my "ghetto" moment of the day :lol:

ihavesoldout
06-25-2005, 01:39 AM
seros apy you are a fukn idiot seros lawl.

Zed_Leppelin
06-25-2005, 01:41 AM
maybe im arrogant in your eyes but from my eyes i'm just determinded to do this.

im all for being your person and do what you feel is right. but you have to realise is that all the people whose opinions your a blatantley disregarding are the same demographic that will be buying your so called "music". I think you have potential, but you just gotta gear down there big rig.

GuitarSlinger
06-25-2005, 01:41 AM
seros apy you are a fukn idiot seros lawl.

the21st_fret
06-25-2005, 01:42 AM

well, thats just because you are arrogant and don't know how to play guitar too well. Personally (i will just say it finnally) I thought the guitar was absolute sh!t... You're good with effects and have an ego, you got it made, go for that emo sh1t...

SRTracer
06-25-2005, 01:42 AM

It's very tough to make it in the music industry- especially instrumental rock (with rap components and even indie) but determination is key to doing so. I sure hope you're able to sell everything you produce APY, and enjoy music- it shouldn't be about the money either. Good luck, but I personally suggest you stop wasting time arguing with everyone because no one is offering any practical suggestions anymore and no one is being sympathetic towards you really. Good luck dude, but seriously, no one on this forum is supportive of you- it's only a negative thing to hear more of what you're getting angered about. Take that determination and accomplish something great- just don't get in over your head and get let down if you do fail. GOOD LUCK BUDDY! :thumb:

the21st_fret
06-25-2005, 01:43 AM
im actually surprised he is still in here.... Shows how arrogant and determined to see his false truth he is. I know that if I was in his position, i would have gotten off the comp , and would be doin some serious evaluating....

GuitarSlinger
06-25-2005, 01:43 AM
APY, you need to get out of your fantasy world your living in, i assume your rich? having at least the 10 grand you think it will cost. your not going to be pampered in the real world.

the21st_fret
06-25-2005, 01:46 AM
guitarslinger, can i join the "cool guys club" ?

lols

Brewer14
Wow.

To everyone whos not APY: quit being a bunch of dickheads. You dont like his music? You think hes crazy? Fine. Give him constructive criticism. Stuff that will HELP him sell 30k CDs. Why say something like "oMg i tooks a dumps and its better than yur song LoLz!"? Whats the point? Is there something wrong with being supportive? People like SRTracer are good examples of what TO do.

Ugh.

To APY- Its been said, but I really would start out at something around 1000. That way, if it sells alot, you can order more, and if it doesnt, your not stuck with so many extra cds, and you wont lose as much money.

If you really think you can sell that many Cds, then good luck to you man. Just make sure your prepared for the losses if you dont reach your goal.

ChickenMcFicken
Whats with all the bay area punks in hurr? Its all about the 'mo anywhere. Och towns got nothing on us.

I repsect you APY for being determined, but reality checks are in order. I saw a guy on the street in DC giving away CDs of his band, and they were a whole band. I doubt they had 30k copies either. I was scared of him, he was creepy, I gave him a donation (he was also asking for these) and ran. Thats not the point, but just lower the number, and you will at least sell some, don't shoot too high

SRTracer
06-25-2005, 01:47 AM
im actually surprised he is still in here.... Shows how arrogant and determined to see his false truth he is. I know that if I was in his position, i would have gotten off the comp , and would be doin some serious evaluating....

I'd be crying and sucking my thumb in the fetal position on the floor. He's taken a lot of crap from a lot of people. It's tough to hear the truth sometimes, but it needs to be done to keep egos in check. Hope it goes well dude- it's only breaking down your confidence at this point so if you plan on doing this, i'd get the crap off of this forum so you aren't ridiculed any more. Good Luck...... seriously though, people are just going to be asses to you due to your serious lack of listening when you asked for their help. They gave you their honest opinion and you will not listen to them. Stop asking it then, and get off. :wave:

comm
06-25-2005, 01:47 AM
why the hell is this thread so addicting ...

ChickenMcFicken
06-25-2005, 01:49 AM
I just want to find out where all these Bay Area people are from, I didnt expect much from SF, but 4 in one thread, thats crazy

Zed_Leppelin
06-25-2005, 01:50 AM
Wow.
Why say something like "oMg i tooks a dumps and its better than yur song LoLz!"? Whats the point? Is there something wrong with being supportive? .

but he speks da troof.

werd.

Kwash2
06-25-2005, 01:50 AM
Your music sucks.

the21st_fret
06-25-2005, 01:51 AM
Maybe you should make a few hundred and give about 100-200 to your local guitar store, put up some posters here and there, and maybe even pay to have a billboard done with your bands name and a web adress( make a web site for your band).Then after about 2 weeks, have a concert, and give away cd's afterwards (ask for donations for the cd's tho). Your publicity in your area will skyrocket if you do all this. Especially the billboard.

GuitarSlinger
06-25-2005, 01:52 AM
guitarslinger, can i join the "cool guys club" ?

lols
possibly, i havnt seen you around alot, we'll give it some time and see whats up. :thumb:

GuitarSlinger
I just want to find out where all these Bay Area people are from, I didnt expect much from SF, but 4 in one thread, thats crazy
im from Redwood City, its south of San Mateo.

pfc_mike
there is this guy in San Francisco named 19th Street Red who plays some kick *** slide blues...he plays rhythm/lead slide guitar, keeps a beat on a bass drums AND sings at the same time...he sells his CDs for $10 each...

...now why am i telling u this? i am a huge fan of 19th Street Red, sadly i only have 2 of his albums (actually i don't really know if he recorded any others)...he once told me that one of his albums was pretty popular but his sales were NO WHERE NEAR 30 K...this guy also plays near SBC Park (home of the SF Giants), at least 20,000 people pass by him and hear his music every time he performs...and yet he hasn't sold nearly 30 K...doesn't that tell u something???

ChickenMcFicken
06-25-2005, 01:53 AM
I wanna join too! we boff from the bay area, I should be able to join!

Kwash2
06-25-2005, 01:53 AM
I think the cool guys club needs some cool guys.

bizzurn.

ChickenMcFicken
06-25-2005, 01:54 AM
im from Redwood City, its south of San Mateo.
Cool, my uncle used to live there. Its all about Alamo thoguh (south of Walnut Creek)

pfc_mike
06-25-2005, 01:54 AM

South City

GuitarSlinger
06-25-2005, 01:55 AM
I wanna join too! we boff from the bay area, I should be able to join!
LedZep is coleader so its not entirely up to me, but your a cool dude. so possibly

the21st_fret
I think the cool guys club needs some cool guys.

bizzurn.

ok, then would you like to join, assh0le?

GuitarSlinger
South City
oh shi, we got a street gangsta here. SOUTH CITY YALL. ok im done being black :lol: :p

the21st_fret
06-25-2005, 01:56 AM
LedZep is coleader so its not entirely up to me, but your a cool dude. so possibly

p.s. i was just kidding, but thanks for actually considering, your cool man. :thumb:

siryan
/hijacked

Kwash2
You just called me cool.

SRTracer
Maybe you should make a few hundred and give about 100-200 to your local guitar store, put up some posters here and there, and maybe even pay to have a billboard done with your bands name and a web adress( make a web site for your band).Then after about 2 weeks, have a concert, and give away cd's afterwards (ask for donations for the cd's tho). Your publicity in your area will skyrocket if you do all this. Especially the billboard.

123456789 10 11 12.......... absolutely correct- but even that will take a lot of dedication and devotion and money- lots and lots of time and resources. that is a great idea though.

I don't think he's in the thread anymore though... too bad- that's a great suggestion, 21!

pfc_mike
oh shi, we got a street gangsta here. SOUTH CITY YALL. ok im done being black :lol: :p

i lol'd at this...i'm probably as white as u can get :D

the21st_fret
06-25-2005, 01:57 AM
123456789 10 11 12.......... absolutely correct- but even that will take a lot of dedication and devotion and money- lots and lots of time and resources. that is a great idea though.

I don't think he's in the thread anymore though... too bad- that's a great suggestion, 21!

Thanks man, (p.s. avatar change....)

Amp'd
06-25-2005, 01:57 AM
You wont sell 30,000... ever. dont try. maybe start with 1000 and then if that sells good print of 10,000 more. but dont be cocky.

atleast if it flops and leaves you without a house you can build a house out of jewel cases.

GuitarSlinger
06-25-2005, 01:58 AM
i lol'd at this...i'm probably as white as u can get :D
lol me 2, i hate the ghetto bullshit around the bay. "when i grow up i want to be in jail for life!'

Hadji
To everyone whos not APY: quit being a bunch of dickheads. You dont like his music? You think hes crazy? Fine. Give him constructive criticism. Stuff that will HELP him sell 30k CDs. Why say something like "oMg i tooks a dumps and its better than yur song LoLz!"? Whats the point? Is there something wrong with being supportive? People like SRTracer are good examples of what TO do.
We already tried that. He refused our advice.

ChickenMcFicken
:chug:

I don't think everyone here is trying to just flat out bash you APY. its gotta be tough to take 7 pages of bad reviews, but thats 7 pages of people that don't like it. I know a lot of people that are into the whole indie/punk thing with a tough of emo, a good few at DLS (you should maybe see if you could get a way in to the annual rock show), actually most of the rock show was either emo, that power pop/low-fi punk stuff. But you hafta think within reason

the21st_fret
06-25-2005, 01:59 AM
lol me 2, i hate the ghetto bullshit around the bay. "when i grow up i want to be in jail for life!'

HARHARHARHAHRHAR

Kwash2
I lol'd when I thought of the threadstarter sitting with 29,982 copies of his CD sitting in his room.

Zed_Leppelin
there no harm in making a small amount, then after their sold make some more. i think we have to realise how much 30,000.

thats like say, your on the street and some guy dropped thitry thousand dollor bills off the bilding, you wont be able to c the Sky, let alone the big homeless guy tak-lin you to take your dough (bread).

pfc_mike
06-25-2005, 02:00 AM
:chug:

I don't think everyone here is trying to just flat out bash you APY. its gotta be tough to take 7 pages of bad reviews, but thats 7 pages of people that don't like it.

its funny, i actually kinda liked his music...but that doesn't change the fact that 30 K is more than ambitious...its flat out ignorant...

GuitarSlinger
06-25-2005, 02:00 AM
I lol'd when I thought of the threadstarter sitting with 29,982 copies of his CD sitting in his room.
:lol: can they sound proof rooms?

SRTracer
06-25-2005, 02:01 AM
Thanks man, (p.s. avatar change....)
yea dude, thanks, i hate it doing that, but I hate to change it... well not really, i just get lazy sometimes. thanks though, it looks stupid like that. i got a perfect one to replace it. :thumb:

pfc_mike

i know what u mean...its just sad :lol:

the21st_fret

well, at least thats 18 more than he should sell...

he needs a dam band.

ChickenMcFicken
06-25-2005, 02:02 AM
123 brova. But I'm the whitest. I live in Alamo, hows that for white!

I like the suggestion of the billboard. There is a DJ group (two friends) that do middle school/some high school dances around here that just give away a few CDs durring the dances and then sell some after. They are worse than you IMO, but they get people into their music none the less. Just don't get fixed on sellig 30k CDs

SGdudeSG
06-25-2005, 02:02 AM
that is YOUR opinion. A statement like that cannot be considered fact. It's all in the eye of the beholder

opinions can be wrong. in your opinion your music will sell 30,000 copys. In MY opinion, i am a better boxer then Ali, a better runner then Owens, a bigger celebrity then Jack Nicholson, and a higher jumper then the rest of the world; and i havn't left my computer all summer. opinions are not always correct, but in my opinion your not going to sell 30,000

sorry dude :(

AJLeadGuitar
06-25-2005, 02:04 AM
Buy 500 not 30k

/end of thread

SRTracer

I lol'd mass at that ^^^^^^

haha that was great, but pretty mean-spirited. haha oh well. "I don't care who you are, that right there's funny". Well goodnight all :wave:

ChickenMcFicken
I like how he leaves right before we actually start helping :lol:

the21st_fret
im out, its past this Vai freek's bedtime. Im sick and dam tired of sleeping till 1pm every day and not having much of a day to work with cuz of my late night creepings aboutses.

p.s. goin to see .38 special in concert tomorow, woohoo! yeah! peace out yall. :peace:

Zed_Leppelin
06-25-2005, 02:05 AM
opinions can be wrong. in your opinion your music will sell 30,000 copys. In MY opinion, i am a better boxer then Ali, a better runner then Owens, a bigger celebrity then Jack Nicholson, and a higher jumper then the rest of the world; and i havn't left my computer all summer. opinions are not always correct, but in my opinion your not going to sell 30,000

sorry dude :(

dood, you just shattered his dreams

ChickenMcFicken
06-25-2005, 02:06 AM
Good point, I should hit the hay too, but I'm addicted to this thread

GuitarSlinger
06-25-2005, 02:06 AM
:lol: he doesnt want help, thats the thing. he's a little rich boy and lives in a pampered lifestyle. he needs to see the real world not the fake bullshit that he's been brought up along with.

Amit
06-25-2005, 02:07 AM
Okay.

Wow.

I won't forget this thread in a long time.

Let's put something into perspective. This is an excerpt from an Al Di Meola transcription book about his first solo album release:

"This was an album that Columbia thought would sell 40,000 copies in the states..."

We're talking about Al Di Meola here. His debut album. And he was HOT stuff all over the jazz, rock, world, and latin world at that moment. If he's so popular but Columbia thought his debut album would make only 40k copies...What chance do you seriously think you have of making 30k?

His debut album was incredible. And Columbia only estimated 40k...Again I ask...What chance do you have?

I don't want to be mean or rude or anything, but this is the cold, hard, and absolute truth. Maybe in 20 years you can think about doing a run of 1000 discs. But I'd stick to actually comprehending the basic tenets of musicianship.

There is so much else I want to say, but wow. It's 3 in the morning.

Wow.

ChickenMcFicken
06-25-2005, 02:07 AM
Well ya can't blame the man for trying, he just needs a reality check

Kwash2
06-25-2005, 02:08 AM
Does Vai sell 30,000 cds?

SRTracer
06-25-2005, 02:09 AM

Too bad too. he would've appreciated our more recent comments more! I think he just inspired anger by the masses in this thread- anything he said was written with a blatant disregard for people's suggestions, opinions, and help. Oh well, i'm sure he'll check this thread tomorrow and not post in it again (or maybe he will just to prove me wrong), but hopefully he sees that we were helpful to some degree. Sometimes a good night's rest will let truth set in and allow you to come to your senses and reality. :thumb:

ChickenMcFicken
06-25-2005, 02:09 AM
There is so much else I want to say, but wow. It's 3 in the morning.

Wow.
Well you should move to the bay area like the other half of this thread :thumb:

I'm suprised Aes hasnt busted this flame fest up yet. Ima go to sleep

SRTracer
06-25-2005, 02:11 AM

me too- it's very late- peace out haha :lol:

Amit
06-25-2005, 02:12 AM

I don't think Chris has logged in yet. Or perhaps he has judged that it's best to leave it open and let it all get out.

Kwash2
06-25-2005, 02:13 AM
BTW, the girl's quote in You Made Me Cry Again made me laugh my *** off.

pfc_mike
Nurse: Doctor, the thread is going into cardiac arrest...

Doctor: Get the defibulator! gimme 50 CCs...CLEAR!

Nurse: Doc, its still not responding...

Doctor: Dammit, I WON'T LET U DIE!...100 CCs...CLEAR!

Nurse: its not helping sir...

Doctor: Sh!t...the thread is gone...official time of death 12:13 PST...

ChickenMcFicken
I don't think Chris has logged in yet. Or perhaps he has judged that it's best to leave it open and let it all get out.
Oh you and yer logic. Bed time for bonzo :thumb:

Kwash2
06-25-2005, 02:15 AM
I am the last exhale from this thread's post-mortum lungs.

Amit
06-25-2005, 02:16 AM
Okay so APY thinks he'll sell 30,000 CDs with songs like this (http://myspace.com/aaef).

Columbia thought the extremely popular and sensational (at the time) guitarist, Al Di Meola, would sell, AT BEST, 40,000 of his debut album with songs like this (http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0ZXMKGY7L63JD1OKPL2N1TQG1D).

Okay. So ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Compare and contrast.

Amit
06-25-2005, 02:17 AM
I am the last exhale from this thread's post-mortem lungs.

the johns hopkins bio pre-med in me forces me to correct your error

Kwash2
06-25-2005, 02:18 AM
I sat and flip-flopped over that for like 5 minutes.

Amit
06-25-2005, 02:19 AM
haha

Skyler
06-25-2005, 02:20 AM
Okay so APY thinks he'll sell 30,000 CDs with songs like this (http://myspace.com/aaef).

Columbia thought the extremely popular and sensational (at the time) guitarist, Al Di Meola, would sell, AT BEST, 40,000 of his debut album with songs like this (http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0ZXMKGY7L63JD1OKPL2N1TQG1D).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Amit
06-25-2005, 02:21 AM
Seriously.

Al Di Meola was about 21 when he released that album. He was known as that superstar whizkid from Berklee. Sort of like Vai before Vai was even around :)

Kwash2
06-25-2005, 02:23 AM
Yeah.

I wouldn't buy this kids stuff.

I wouldn't even pirate it.

Skyler
06-25-2005, 02:24 AM
Seriously.

Al Di Meola was about 21 when he released that album. He was known as that superstar whizkid from Berklee. Sort of like Vai before Vai was even around :)

How long ago did he release his debut album?

Amit
06-25-2005, 02:25 AM

But he really hit the scene 3-4 years before that when he toured with Chick Corea as that hot new fiery 19 year old guitarist.

Skyler
06-25-2005, 02:26 AM

Hmm... I had never heard of him until you uploaded one of his albums onto MX. Strange.

Kwash2
06-25-2005, 02:27 AM
there weren't even 30,000 people then

SRTracer
06-25-2005, 02:27 AM
About 30 and some odd years ago? Eggo would know for sure- obviously. I love that song Eggo, never heard it before now. I'm a big fan of that- all i've heard is the Mediterranean Sundance, and Renaissance, and I love it so much. Any other recommendations really quick? I like John McLaughlin way more still, although Al is great.

Kwash2
06-25-2005, 02:28 AM
Yes, eggo would know.

Amit
06-25-2005, 02:30 AM
About 30 and some odd years ago? Eggo would know for sure- obviously. I love that song Eggo, never heard it before now. I'm a big fan of that- all i've heard is the Mediterranean Sundance, and Renaissance, and I love it so much. Any other recommendations really quick? I like John McLaughlin way more still, although Al is great.

If you want individual songs, I would recommend Elegant Gypsy Suite, Electric Rendezvous, Race With Devil On Spanish Highway, Alien Chase On Arabian Desert, and...hmmm, The Embrace? Heh, there's a LOT of his discography to explore and enjoy.

and :lol: to kwash2!

SRTracer
06-25-2005, 02:32 AM
If you want individual songs, I would recommend Elegant Gypsy Suite, Electric Rendezvous, Race With Devil On Spanish Highway, Alien Chase On Arabian Desert, and...hmmm, The Embrace? Heh, there's a LOT of his discography to explore and enjoy.

Wow, I'll check them out then. thanks eggo! later guys

ihavesoldout
06-25-2005, 02:34 AM
Seriously.

Al Di Meola was about 21 when he released that album. He was known as that superstar whizkid from Berklee.
yer but did al hav teh hxc mx forum fanbase liek apy duz lawl ;)

Amit
06-25-2005, 02:35 AM
lol :-*

Kwash2
06-25-2005, 02:36 AM
Race With Devil On Spanish Highway, Alien Chase On Arabian Desert

You made those up right?

also :-*

moaner
06-25-2005, 03:50 AM
having got to page 6, all i can say is that some of you guys really are poor people.

Its one thing advising him and pointing out some flaws in his business plan (A la ben, guitarslinger, and others), but its quite another just calling him arrogant and saying his music suxxers. Its right to advise him on the side of caution and to start lower than 30k and work up, but as far as we know, he might have serious intrest. How many of you are emokids? probably about 1. So we can't say he'll fail completely. just advise him to be careful.

Amp'd
06-25-2005, 04:11 AM
eggo you forgot "The Wizard" thats my favourite Di Meola track.

Amit
06-25-2005, 04:12 AM
eggo you forgot "The Wizard" thats my favourite Di Meola track.

Haha it was the track I uploaded :)

Amp'd
06-25-2005, 04:22 AM
i didnt get that track because i guessed i had it. but i absolutly love that song its the second most played on my ipod.

Moss
06-25-2005, 04:24 AM
Dude, I'm not going to get into the whole "is your music good enough to sell 30,000 copies" argument. I have my opinion, but I don't think it's particularly relevent as you seem to be on a mission.

One thing I will say is that it would be cheaper to get that quantity of CD's pressed from a master (i.e. professionally, not burnt on home PCs). I don't care if you've got a team of 30,000 people to help burn them for free, the cost of the blanks will be 10 times more expensive than having the whole job done by a duplication house.

Anyway, another piece of advice: No matter how wrong you believe public opinion to be, please try to take the information on board. Good business comes from analysing your market's attitude towards your product, not from saying "I don't care what others think". It seems that you have your fingers in your ears, going "Nah nah nah nah nah nah, I can't hear you!!!!". This applies to your choice of manufacturing method for the CD's, too.

I wish you success. I mean that. Good luck.

moaner
06-25-2005, 04:27 AM
oh, APY, here's a point...

IF you start off with even still half of the CDs, sell them, and then make another 15k and sell them, what have you lost? Absolutely nothing.

And 15k is roughly the population of my town, i realise you're targetting worldwide audiences, but think about the numbers you're trying to sell in terms of the populations of some familiar places and the numbers are pushed into perspective.

Amp'd
06-25-2005, 04:38 AM
the only reason i know who you are is because you lost a battle with 9017.

atabner
06-25-2005, 05:43 AM
I'd also point out - in terms of costs, do you know how much it will cost for you to ship, say, 5000 CDs to some of the places you were talking about? The cost of just the shipping will be huge. Your costs for this endeavour are going to be huge, just make sure you realise the risks before you get into it. Smart business comes from under-estimating interest and sales and overestimating costs. You can then wait, and be plesently surprised. Please ignore all the flames (I think you're song has potential), but take the honest, serious advice in here - without the help of a record company and SERIOUS advertising, 30k is way beyond realistic, it's a joke. Start small and work up - it's not just one way to do it, it's the ONLY realistic way to do it. I'd be willing to bet that despite all the contacts and skill in the world, there isn't a single self-mixed, unsigned, self-distributed solo album, ever, anywhere in the world, that has sold 30k.

ihavesoldout
06-25-2005, 05:53 AM
the only reason i know who you are is because you lost a battle with 9017.

madcuttlefish
06-25-2005, 05:56 AM
You should seriously, seriously, seriously reconsider this. There is no way on Earth that 30,000 people are going to shell out money for a relatively poor quality home recording with a four second MIDI drum beat. If you think that that is the case than you seriously need to evaluate your mental health.

A band could spend lots of money on having a CD recorded, spend money on having it promoted, spend money on marketing and still not sell anywhere near 30,000 CDs. You can't possibly expect to do that when you are recording at home with relatively low quality and are having it promoted and marketed by volunteers. How long until those volunteers decide they can't be bothere any more?

You use the example of Good Charlotte selling millions of CDs despite having dubious musical talent. You fail to take into account the fact that they play their instruments cleanly, have very good recording quality, have well constructed pop-songs which are catchy and appeal to people and have the combined funds of Epic and all subsidiaries plus a substantial fan base in many hundreds of countries from previous albums. There is no way that you can compare to that.

If you want to give yourself even half a chance, develop the songs a bit more (they sound like they are still the first demo recording), get them recorded properly with you playing cleanly and not trying to play better than you can and employ a proper promoter and marketer. Even then I feel your chances are still slim.

Finally, I will echo what others (I think moaner said this) have said and say that start of with a run of a 1000. If you sell of those then great and perhaps do another 1000. There's not going to be much harm in doing that and if you fail to sell the number that you have printed then the loss won't be great. 1000 is a much more reasonable number for someone like you with contacts in many countries to sell.

I'm not trying to flame you. I'm not jealous. I haven't criticised your song as others have. I haven't said "omgzggz u rr rr teeh fukin sux0rz". I have given you honest, realistic and reasonable advice.

Don't make a mistake.

Ŧ®ØŊ
06-25-2005, 06:10 AM
I also have emo appeal, punk appeal, indie appeal, rock/rap appeal, and rap appeal.

- No you don't.

Sorrry.

The only appeal you have is as a novelty act.

You're the Ryan Parry of instrumental guitar. If you sell 30,000 copies, then guys like Metal Jonus (a good guitarist) are going to sell a Bazzillion copies.

madcuttlefish
06-25-2005, 06:16 AM
I also have emo appeal, punk appeal, indie appeal, rock/rap appeal, and rap appeal.I'm sorry but you are wrong. I am a fan of emo, punk and indie and the song didn't appeal to me in any way whatsoever. I played it to my 14 year old wigger brother who is into lots of crumby rap stuff and he didn't like it either. Granted that is only the opinion of two people but when coupled with the comments in the ten pages of this thread that should tell you something...

ebo
06-25-2005, 06:30 AM
you think 30,000 people are going to want to listen to your solo cd? Dude, work on some more songs for another few years and get good at writing tunes and recording better, THEN try this solo cd idea. im sorry but i just dont think you cut it yet

ebo
06-25-2005, 06:45 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i love you eggo

Diatonic Dissonance™
06-25-2005, 08:07 AM

Thanks for the song, :grin:

Slipend123
06-25-2005, 08:24 AM
You should seriously, seriously, seriously reconsider this. There is no way on Earth that 30,000 people are going to shell out money for a relatively poor quality home recording with a four second MIDI drum beat. If you think that that is the case than you seriously need to evaluate your mental health..

IBML_Got_Banned
06-25-2005, 08:26 AM
I didn't get a chance to tell him I hated his music.. :( :mad:

Phototropic
06-25-2005, 08:31 AM
Your arrogance is beyond me, Fair enough you feel confident in your music and you think you can sell some but...

Your music doesn't cut it all

I'd be suprised if you sold 100 copies out of pity

The music is lukewarm rubbish

Take some time out to relieve your fat head and learn to write some proper music before you even attempt to sell any

And if that song, something about crying is your best effort...then I'd hate to hear the rest

And when you think your in with the rap / emo / indie scene whatever, your pretty wrong

I don't think even they would appreciate this tosh

Sorry dude, just the way it is, you've got ten pages here telling you to reconsider

I think you should take some time to study music, maybe even learn to write a full song before selling any

:thumb:

PS

30'000 copies HAH!!! :lol: :D

EDIT:

I duno why you have it down as metal?!

Way to go on the NERD rip-off

what
06-25-2005, 08:50 AM
You're living in your dreams, get down to earth you tard. You seriously need a good reality check.

Diatonic Dissonance™
06-25-2005, 08:51 AM
^ :thumb:

Lord of Sword
06-25-2005, 08:52 AM
**** you cocksucker. that track is ON ****ING time. How do I know? the ****ing metonome says so. So dont give me that "its out of time" bull ****. I ****ing triple checked that **** and I went back to the master tape just now to be sure. SO...you have a ****ty sense of time...period.

It was out of time. The tone was terrible, as was the songwriting, as was the tuning. Vibrato seemed to be nonexistant. Overall, I'd say that comparable in quality to Brandom Toma.

The End
06-25-2005, 08:54 AM
lol @ this entire thread

ebo
06-25-2005, 09:03 AM
THreadstarter: How old are you?

what
06-25-2005, 09:07 AM
This is the new "The Shaggs"

ebo
06-25-2005, 09:17 AM
This is the new "The Shaggs"

:confused:

HondoII
06-25-2005, 09:18 AM
lolz @ eggo pluggin Meola in this thread.

AES, since you were asking me, THESE are the kind of threads I like and dont make MX suck

Ad Absurdum
06-25-2005, 09:22 AM
:confused:

http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348176

SocialIntercourse
06-25-2005, 09:47 AM

No, he's right. You're definately off tempo.

BidinMyTime
06-25-2005, 09:50 AM
Okay...

Pop music appeals to the millions. bands such as good charlotte are pop wrapped in a layer of rocker/punk/whatever attitude to appeal to multiple groups. It's a marketing strategy.

Have you ever seen those people on the beginning shows of american idol? The ones who can't sing at all, but are thorougly and completely convinced that they can? The ones who scream at the 3 judges "i can sing, just give me a chance! you just don't know what you're talking about!" etc? Doesn't the fact that some amateur hack musician who has no idea about the music world and is now telling 3 people, all of whom have a major foothold in the music world, that they have no idea what they're talking about seem a little odd to you? Actually, it probably wouldn't.

It should. You're doing it on these forums. If you think you can sell 30k cd's, go for it. But at least realize that you're being ridiculous. First off, if you turn a $300k profit, suddenly all of those volunteers that worked for you will want their cut. You probably will only see a fraction of the profit.

Your music isn't terribly interesting. And unless your songs vary in their moods and feelings, it's not going to become interesting any time soon.

Look, of course you're going to defend your material to the death. It's good that you take pride in what you've created. But at the same time, be realistic with this. You're going to spend upwards of 15 thousand dollars on cd's alone, without factoring in the cost of jewel cases, cd artwork(on both the album cover and the cd itself) and shipping costs. At least admit that your math isn't correct if nothing else.

If you want to blow whatever cash you have, go for it. Make 30k cd's. Make everybody on these forums eat their words and shove our faces full of sh!t.

But realize that the second you SEE all of those cd's arrive at your doorstep, you'll suddenly realize exactly how much more in reality 30 thousand cd's are than in conception in the mind.

Sure you might have connections in norway and africa or whatever countries you said...but are these 100+ people in each place who can then spread of a web to their friends of your music? Or is this a random joe living out there who happened to stumble across your stuff?

By the way, I'm a record producer. I work in the miami area, mainly with rock and hardcore sounds. I can tell you this right now. Your sound is not original enough nor is it even remotely interesting enough to appeal to any scene but a few emo fags who are doing it more than anything else out of support for you.

P.S: Your music sucks balls.

Alive
06-25-2005, 09:53 AM

:: Bounces on download::

Thanks Eggo, I love this stuff.

Edit: 30,000 cds will take up about 5 sauqre metres to my best guess. That's a lot. A helluva lot.

clairvoyant
06-25-2005, 11:13 AM
I really liked your song a lot. By that meaning the Al Di Meola song Eggo uploaded...

SRTracer
06-25-2005, 11:31 AM
Haha it was the track I uploaded :)

i actually have heard Ritmo de la Noche, and Passion, Grace, and Fire. I checked out all of Fantasia Suite and I love it actually. thanks dude. :cool: