PDA

View Full Version : Peavey Millenium 5 BXP

sixner
06-20-2005, 11:53 PM
Peavey - Millenium BXP 5 string bass

Here's specs from the website - Peavey millenium bxp 5 (http://www.peavey.com/products/browse.cfm/action/detail/cat/249/item/114087/number/00532500/Millennium+5-String+BXP.cfm)
34 inch scale
5-string
Hard rock maple neck with rosewood fretboard
Basswood body with quilt top
String-thru-body
Two J-style, hum-canceling pickups
Case not included

Overall : 7/10
This is a very solid bass. The thick, smooth satin finish is very appealing. Small nicks and dings arent visible unless your really looking for them... Easily, the best thing about this bass, is its ability to stay in tune forever. I can get it in tune for practice, and i wont have to mess with tuning after 2+ weeks of practice and a gig... it'll still be in tune! this seems common among peaveys.

Playability : 9/10
The thin, light weight body is fantastic. Its incredibly comfortable standing or sitting.. The neck is fantastic. I love this about it.. its pretty thin compared to what else ive played on.. very thin, very fast. Alot of 5er's have an Overly floppy B string.. not this baby. The string-thru option really tightens it out and allow's for some better sustain.

Sound : 7/10
The stock PUP's on it are ok. I've had this bass for.. going on 2 years now. Only problem ive had with sound, is one of the PoT's recently starting humming after an over turning problem. Suddenly its fixed, and i didint even solder anything yet? Im not complaining though :thumb:.. You can get a range of tones from this.. from a high trebly sound to a semi-deep growl.

Play styles
Finger - Even, close string spacing makes it easy to play at high speeds, while switching strings. Personally, i rest my thumb on the B string while playing E - G string's, and on the bridge PUP while playing B - A strings... The bridge pup seems too far away from the G string.

Slap - lots of fun on this bass. I'm not an expert at it, so it may just be me.. but popping on the D string can be a little difficult, due to string closeness.. ive hit my finger on the G string a few times on accident... and if you do the metal-feidly kind of slap, it works out nicely. I down tune to do this, gives a little extra 'crack' to it.

Tap - well, im not great at all at tapping.. so i shouldn't speak for it.

Pick - i dont play pick style too often.. but when i have, ive felt no problems.

This baby retails for $320
You can find it New in stores for about $200 - $250.. I would say this is easily one of the best 5er's for this price.

-Sixner

i'll post pictures in a day or 2.. i cant find any of this by its self?

Crudd-Bucket™
07-06-2005, 04:18 AM
and if you do the metal-feidly kind of slap, it works out nicely. I down tune to do this, gives a little extra 'crack' to it.

Bah

neatobassman
07-06-2005, 01:07 PM
A five string with a 34" neck? How's the B string on that thing?

sixner
07-06-2005, 02:32 PM
its actually not bad if you do the string thru body... i could a be a little tighter for my liking, i occasionally tune up a little bit if im just messing around...
-sixner

sixner
07-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Bah
Bah to you too :) i respect him for what he does... i know alot of people tend to look down on him for that.. but what ever.
-sixner

blackmanincanada
07-20-2005, 01:06 PM
i have this bass to and it is very good do you have you got any problems like the knobs makin crackin sounds, cause that what happened to mine but im gettin that fixed

BrandonIsCool
08-13-2005, 10:04 PM
this is the excact bass im looking to buy but i was kinda questioning it, im glad i found this forum