PDA

View Full Version : Roadrunner Records

heavy metal kid
06-20-2005, 10:50 PM
Now that R.R. is having his 25 anniversary , i was wondering what happen to the old bands?, they seem like overshadowed by the metalcore, nu -metal bands.
Also their preparing like an all star album, wich is good 'cause the artists in the project are awesome:

The good ones:
Rob Barrett (Malevolent Creation)
Matt Baumbach (Vision Of Disorder)
Dino Cazares (Fear Factory/Brujeria)
Steve DiGiorgio (Sadus/Death)
Marcelo Dias (Soulfly)
Robert Flynn (Machine Head)
Rhys Fulber (Fear Factory/Front Line Assembly)
Andreas Kisser (Sepultura)
Logan Mader (Machine Head)
Roy Mayorga (Soulfly)
Dave McClain (Machine Head)
James Murphy (Obituary/Disincarnate)
Tommy Niemeyer (Gruntruck)
Jeff Waters (Annihilator)
Jordan Whelan (Still Remains)
Christian Olde Wolbers (Fear Factory)
Glen Benton (Deicide)
Max Cavalera (Soulfly)
King Diamond (Mercyful Fate/King Diamond)
Peter Steele (Type O Negative)
John Tardy (Obituary)
Kyle Thomas (Exhorder/Floodgate)

The others:
Paul Gray (Slipknot)
Joey Jordison (Slipknot)
Andols Herrick (Chimaira)
Steve Holt (36 Crazyfists)
Nadja Peulen (Coal Chamber)
Dave Pybus (Cradle Of Filth)
Souren “Mike” Sarkisyan (Spineshank)
Acey Slade (Murderdolls)
Dez Fafara (DevilDriver/Coal Chamber)
Dani Filth (Cradle Of Filth)
Matthew K. Heafy (Trivium)

imo, this is gonna be better than the past all star projects by roadrunner, but what are your opinnions about this project?

NOTE:No Flamming please.

Sleeper
06-20-2005, 10:51 PM
Should be interesting, I didnt like the other projects very much.

RCA
06-20-2005, 10:55 PM
Roadrunner sold out to the MTV bands, and died back in the early nineties. A new label called Trendrunner has taken its place.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-20-2005, 10:58 PM
Matt Heafey is as talented as anyone on your good list. Sorry you don't like the new trend of metal but if you bother to listen, its quite good

heavy metal kid
06-20-2005, 10:59 PM
Roadrunner sold out to the MTV bands, and died back in the early nineties. A new label called Trendrunner has taken its place.

yeah but R.R. still have bands like:
Deicide,Sepultura,Brujeria,Madball,King Diamond ,Opeth and many other greats, it just that all the Mtv Metalcore bands are in R.R.

RCA
06-20-2005, 11:00 PM
Deicide,Sepultura,Brujeria,Madball,King Diamond ,Opeth and many other greats, it just that all the Mtv Metalcore bands are in R.R.

Notice how all of those bands except for King Diamond are utter crap now.

A-Life-Less-Plagued
06-20-2005, 11:02 PM
good roadrunner bands

Vision Of Disorder
Biohazard
Madball
Sepultura

A-Life-Less-Plagued
06-20-2005, 11:03 PM
Notice how all of those bands except for King Diamond are utter crap now.
Madball is not utter crap now kthxbye.

heavy metal kid
06-20-2005, 11:04 PM
Matt Heafey is as talented as anyone on your good list. Sorry you don't like the new trend of metal but if you bother to listen, its quite good

i lie to you if i say i like metalcore, but i didn't put it in the "other" list just because i didn't like it, it just that he is new and his name isn't quite a legend like the good list, in fact i think all the musicians in both lists are great, if they weren't i wouldn't bother to do a thread about it.

RCA
06-20-2005, 11:05 PM
Madball is not utter crap now kthxbye.

Fanboy I'm guessing.

A-Life-Less-Plagued
06-20-2005, 11:06 PM
Fanboy I'm guessing.
Nope. But they're as good as they ever were. Which is really good.

RCA
06-20-2005, 11:07 PM
Nope. But they're as good as they ever were. Which is really good.

Well, if you say so.

/me takes Madball off of the crap bands list

heavy metal kid
06-20-2005, 11:08 PM
Fanboy I'm guessing.

i don't think he's a fanboy, madball is a great band and they haven't change their style also Opeth, Brujeria, Nailbomb and other bands, you just have to listen all their records.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-20-2005, 11:09 PM

Deicide is so-so death metal, Sepultura has been cr*p since Max left, Madball is just plain garbage, King Diamond is outdated.....

Opeth
Trivium
KsE

are far and away RR's best acts at the moment

Volumnius Flush
06-20-2005, 11:52 PM
Malevolent Creation were on roadrunner weren't they? i'm pretty sure of it. they are really good.

heavy metal kid
06-20-2005, 11:53 PM
Malevolent Creation were on roadrunner weren't they? i'm pretty sure of it. they are really good.

they are in R.R in fact they release an :"the best of:malevolent creation" album as the roots of roadrunner.

bball_1523
06-21-2005, 12:03 AM
Opeth is the only band I really like on RR. They are still Opeth and that's a fact.

BlackFlag88
06-21-2005, 12:07 AM
even though i don't really like slipknot as much as i used to i'd still say corey taylor is...or was a really good singer...IMO...not the greatest but i thought he t'was good

hafez
06-21-2005, 01:03 AM
Fear Factory, Coal Chamber, slipknot = :rolleyes:

honestly most of the bands on roadrunner are a joke with the exception of Malevolent creation and a few others

deadinholywood
06-21-2005, 02:04 AM
Has anyone heard the Still Remains album?? theyre on RR ive heard they are similar to Dark Tranquillity but im yet to check them out

dirge for november
06-21-2005, 04:22 AM
Heavymetalboy: None of the bands are "crap". They might not appeal to you, however they are not bad.

And the allstar lineup looks ok to me, I still a little disappointed that Opeth signed to them. They arent my favourite label out there.

mr black
06-21-2005, 05:21 AM
Yeah ive heard the still remains album... dunno ... its got hardcore emo bits, and then insane double bassdrums/fast riff bits. Havn't made up my mind

Stevie
06-21-2005, 05:25 AM
Deicide are not on roadrunner any more. They are on Earache, sick of Roadrunner's rushing them to complete In Torment, In Hell.

Carn
06-21-2005, 07:46 AM
Still Remains is a metalcore version of In Flames / Dark Tranquility..saw m live, didnt do much for me.

Roadrunner used to have tons of great metal bands..Death..Cynic..awesome stuff. But I think they are still a good label, they kind of had a period where they would only sign nu-metal of typical metalcore bands, but that seems to be over these days. I do freelance work for Roadrunner, and they really are great guys. Roadrunner was founded in the Netherlands, and the dutch office is still a great place. I do know that there were some problems with the American department..for example, Machine Head and Fear Factory not willing to re-new their contracts, but choose to make a distribution deal with the dutch office. Roadrunner is also responsible for distribution for Ferret and Trustkill records over here in mainland Europe, which is a great move.

PIGS(1 different one)
06-21-2005, 07:55 AM
Theory of a Deadman is an absolutely terrible band similiar to Nickleback, who was also on RR for a while.

Carn
06-21-2005, 07:56 AM
yeah..thats a good example of trying to sign bands who sound like a popular artist on your roster. Every label does that, not just roadrunner tho :)

KittensInMicrowaves
06-21-2005, 09:30 AM
Still Remains is generic

sj_2150
07-01-2005, 08:41 AM
RoadRunner suck, They almost destroyed Fear Factory!

RoadRunner is owned by Island records and is just called RoadRunner to appeal to metal fans, FOR GODS SAKE THEY HAVE ****ING NICKELBACK SIGNED UP!

Carn
07-01-2005, 08:44 AM
Get your facts correct. The problem is Roadrunner America..Roadrunner Europe is a different story. Roadrunner was founded in Holland. Fear Factory actually has a distribution deal with Roadrunner over here..most bad stories come from the American department. And over here Roadrunner is a department of CNR international.

azrael111
02-23-2006, 12:46 AM
in my opinion, its a bit of travesty to put Joey jordison in the "other" section.
Sure hes in Slipknot, who everyone claims to hate because theyre "Nu-metal" but you CANNOT deny his talent!
and youre excuse that he is not well known cannot be used here...

Flynn
02-23-2006, 12:53 AM

I've never seen Opeth on MTV, in fact, I didn't think they still played music...

mr black
02-23-2006, 08:35 PM
i lie to you if i say i like metalcore, but i didn't put it in the "other" list just because i didn't like it, it just that he is new and his name isn't quite a legend like the good list, in fact i think all the musicians in both lists are great, if they weren't i wouldn't bother to do a thread about it.

And the guy from still remains is a legend ?

I like a lot of the bands on roadrunner, and i don't think they're following trends. I think they set them, the new bands they sell may not appeal to guys that loved the style of metal that was possible in the early ninety's. No other record lable has as many bands on their roster so one might say roadrunner set the trends rather than follow them...

The Feeding
02-28-2006, 02:36 PM
that cd is surprisingly good, it has a lot of new talent (Matt Heafy) teamed up with the old school guys (King Diamond) on a lot of songs like Jordison & Benton or Mark Hunter & Dino

SimonCore
02-28-2006, 02:41 PM
'Annihalation by the hands of god' is a solid track.

Mauled By Jesus
02-28-2006, 02:50 PM
I've never seen Opeth on MTV, in fact, I didn't think they still played music...

I saw one of the songs off their new CD during the headbanger's ball a couple of weeks ago. Thats mtv2 though.

SimonCore
02-28-2006, 02:59 PM
'The end' is probably my least favourite track off the album.

i am the robots
02-28-2006, 03:18 PM
STOP BUMPING OLD THREADS