PDA

View Full Version : What do you see in a poser?

Pages : [1] 2

fallenstar
06-13-2005, 01:24 PM
I have some pretty good ideas what a poser is, but I want to hear from you posters. What do posers act like. What is really a poser. Why do people hate em, so\\ much. What do you think of posers. Please post your Ideas.(thanks) :smash: :evil: :evil: :evil: then :cool:

Steerpike
06-13-2005, 01:26 PM
That's kind of a vague question. I'm not really sure how to answer.

I suppose in the most general sense, a poser is someone who pretends to know what they're talking about but really doesn't. They do this in an attempt to look competent, cool, or have some other some other desirable adjective used to describe them.

Silenius
06-13-2005, 01:27 PM
To me the closest thing to a poser are the kids who go to Hot Topic every week, listen to Slipknot and Dimmu and CoF and then think they're hella metal. But then again, who am I to judge them?

Stone Cold Bush
06-13-2005, 01:28 PM
People who care so much about other people's musical tastes are usually the ones who are poseurs.

supermusicman
06-13-2005, 01:31 PM
People who care so much about other people's musical tastes are usually the ones who are poseurs.

but then the only reason you me or most people got into rock/metal is because of other people and to rebel

Silenius
06-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Not really, that has nothing to with what they actually listen to themselves...

Steerpike
06-13-2005, 01:32 PM
My favorite personally is the poseur "Goth" kids who claim that Slipknot, Good Charlotte, and other non-related mainstream bands are Goth.

It's so adorable the way they get defensive and angry when I laugh at them.

fallenstar
06-13-2005, 01:32 PM
Dimmu Bogir is a good band but them and slipknot is like the fastest bands they know of . Slipknot are sellouts.

Steerpike
06-13-2005, 01:33 PM
Dimmu Bogir is a good band but them and slipknot is like the fastest bands they know of . Slipknot are sellouts.

First of all, what does speed have to do with anything?

Second, Slipknot can't sell-out since they never really had that much integrity to begin with.

Stoic
06-13-2005, 01:34 PM
A poser ignores his ignorance

fallenstar
06-13-2005, 01:34 PM
Ive always been a part of metal since I was young. No tryin to rebel just like the music.

Silenius
06-13-2005, 01:35 PM
Dimmu are a good band, they're usually the only Black Metal (Hell they're not really even BM anymore) those kids know though. Plus those kids have probably never heard Stormblast or For All Tid.

Kage
06-13-2005, 01:36 PM

I suppose in the most general sense, a poser is someone who pretends to know what they're talking about but really doesn't. They do this in an attempt to look competent, cool, or have some other some other desirable adjective used to describe them.
Once again, Steerpike says it all.

Stoic
Slipknot can't sell-out since they never really had that much integrity to begin with.

:thumb:

fallenstar
Slipknot makes poser songs just to make money. Thier good stuff isnt even on a cd like the song Pulse of the maggots. So thats why thier sellouts and posers listen to them.

Steerpike
Make references to Dead, Euronymous, or Varg Vikernes and I guarantee the little Dimmu-kiddies will be totally in the dark.

Steerpike
06-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Slipknot makes poser songs just to make money. Thier good stuff isnt even on a cd like the song Pulse of the maggots. So thats why thier sellouts and posers listen to them.

They always did that. You can't sell-out if you never had integrity to compromise in the first place.

fallenstar
06-13-2005, 01:40 PM
yeah your right.

fallenstar
06-13-2005, 01:41 PM
So post about what a poser is.

Steerpike
06-13-2005, 01:45 PM
I think we've already covered that posers are people who want to fit into a particular scene because they think it will be convenient or beneficial for them. However, they don't possess the proper mindset, dedication, or beliefs to truly adopt the lifestyle of the scene, so they take every stereotype they can find, live up to it, and then pretend to know what they're talking about.

Posers are easy to spot because of their cliched arguments and stances, lack of substance backing their statements, stereotypical behaviour, and brash dismissal of anyone in the scene in question who calls them on their ignorance.

Once a poser has effectively made himself a pariah in the current scene, he scraps the act and picks up another one.

In life, everyone is either a leader of a follower. Posers are the worst kind of followers.

Silenius
06-13-2005, 01:56 PM
In life, everyone is either a leader of a follower. Posers are the worst kind of followers.
Yeah, and there's so many of them...

Steerpike
06-13-2005, 01:57 PM
EDIT: Sorry. Double post. Server hiccup.

fallenstar
06-13-2005, 01:57 PM
I do agree Now what is the biggest posing bands ever. I think Mudvayne is one of them they deserve to rot

King_Karl
06-13-2005, 01:59 PM
Whats with the Slipknot hate? Ah well. I think a poser is someone who pretends to like a certain band to appear cool to other people who like that band. 2 cents

fallenstar
I think we've already covered that posers are people who want to fit into a particular scene because they think it will be convenient or beneficial for them. However, they don't possess the proper mindset, dedication, or beliefs to truly adopt the lifestyle of the scene, so they take every stereotype they can find, live up to it, and then pretend to know what they're talking about.

Posers are easy to spot because of their cliched arguments and stances, lack of substance backing their statements, stereotypical behaviour, and brash dismissal of anyone in the scene in question who calls them on their ignorance.

Once a poser has effectively made himself a pariah in the current scene, he scraps the act and picks up another one.

In life, everyone is either a leader of a follower. Posers are the worst kind of followers. DONT SAY THIS AGAIN stop posting on my thread NOW!

Silenius
DONT SAY THIS AGAIN stop posting on my thread NOW!
stfu ;)

Steerpike
06-13-2005, 02:00 PM

Jesus, what's with the hostility?

Arrakakaka
06-13-2005, 02:01 PM
To me the closest thing to a poser are the kids who go to Hot Topic every week, listen to Slipknot and Dimmu and CoF and then think they're hella metal. But then again, who am I to judge them?
Yeah. And think that they know what they talk about. They aren't original, copy off of others, and try to act like a group/person. It's really annoying. I think, " Follow your heart and say something original, you prick."

Arrakakaka
06-13-2005, 02:02 PM
Dimmu are a good band, they're usually the only Black Metal (Hell they're not really even BM anymore) those kids know though. Plus those kids have probably never heard Stormblast or For All Tid.
Exactly. Posers look toward the mainstream or.. 'popular' thing.

Silenius
06-13-2005, 02:04 PM
Yeah, you always now it's a poser when they tell you they don't just listen to Dimmu, and then list like one classic album like "In the Nightside eclipse" and it's obvious that they've never heard it.

Kage
06-13-2005, 02:05 PM
Not always. A poser might try to do something that's not popular to fit in with a certain group of people or be looked at in a different way, even though he or she doesn't actually know anything about what the group represents.

Arrakakaka
06-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Not always. A poser might try to do something that's not popular to fit in with a certain group of people or be looked at in a different way, even though he or she doesn't actually know anything about what the group represents.
That too, but there are many different posers and wannabes.

Cramboli
06-13-2005, 02:10 PM

Hey I attack the wannabes by tellling them there music sucks like the good charlotte idiots who think good charlotte is (goth) metal.

plus if I didn't beat up the posers then metal would suck in my general area...

Steerpike
06-13-2005, 02:13 PM

Exactly. Posers can be in any scene.

Last year, three "Goth" kids got featured in a BBC article. They talked about how they listened to Slipknot, Good Charlotte, Dimmu Borgir, Blink 182, and all sorts of other bands, calling them Goth, and it was obvious they had never heard a single Joy Division or Sisters of Mercy song in their life.

They also talked about how they like to cast spells and gave each other retrarded names like Mercy Whispers and Lord Mercy.

My response: "Really? Well my name is Bill Schtinkwater."

I love messing with the heads of idiots like that. It's so fun to watch them try to muster a counterattack in vain.

Rise Me Up
06-13-2005, 02:13 PM
Kids that say simple plan GC greenday weezer etc. are punk.

Silenius
06-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Kids that say simple plan GC greenday weezer etc. are punk.
O Jesus, punk is even worse than metal in this regard. All this trash that isn't metal or pop is just labeled "punk" by people. :(

Steerpike
06-13-2005, 02:16 PM
O Jesus, punk is even worse than metal in this regard. All this trash that isn't metal or pop is just labeled "punk" by people. :(

Hey, Weezer pwns.

Silenius
06-13-2005, 02:18 PM
Hey, Weezer pwns.
I like punk, just the real stuff:

Monster Squad
GBH
The Unseen
Exploited
Virus
Oxymoron
A Global Threat

I'm not trying to say punk is bad. :)

Steerpike
06-13-2005, 02:19 PM
In all fairness, that might be genuine ignorance, perpetrated at least in part by the media. I've seen bands like Green Day described as "punk legends" in magazines that really ought to know better. I'd say elements of being a "poser" only come in when you insist that you're right, ignoring people that actually know what they're talking about, and refusing to listen to people who are actually trying to help you.

Exactly. Posers try to fit into a scene by insisting that they're right. They think it will make them look more competent.

Remember last week, the thread about listing bands in certain genres? There was that one kid who kept classifying all these bands wrong (i.e. Scorpions - power metal) and when people called him on it, he accused us of knowing nothing and then bailed. Poser material, right there.

Arrakakaka
06-13-2005, 02:22 PM

Monster Squad
GBH
The Unseen
Exploited
Virus
Oxymoron
A Global Threat

You're just saying how the media labels pop-punk as punk. The media needs to be crucified.

"The Ramones? Who the hell are they?", Is what some dude who thinks he's a punk because he listens to Simple Plan came up and said. (I don't think I'm punk, I just like the music :) ).

Silenius
06-13-2005, 02:24 PM
You're just saying how the media labels pop-punk as punk. Therefore, Simple Plan fanboys go to hot topic and other places in the mall to buy their rebellion.

"The Ramones? Who the hell are they?", Is what some dude who thinks he's a punk came up and said. (I don't think I'm punk, I just like the music :) ).
Not just pop-punk, they'll label stuff like Blondie punk.

???????

Arrakakaka
06-13-2005, 02:26 PM
Exactly. Posers try to fit into a scene by insisting that they're right. They think it will make them look more competent.

Remember last week, the thread about listing bands in certain genres? There was that one kid who kept classifying all these bands wrong (i.e. Scorpions - power metal) and when people called him on it, he accused us of knowing nothing and then bailed. Poser material, right there.
Oh yeah, he's a douchebag. He'll probably classify Rhapsody and Iced Earth as jazz fusion :lol:

Arrakakaka
06-13-2005, 02:27 PM

???????
:amaze:

Blondie and punk do not fit into the same sentence.

Cramboli
06-13-2005, 02:31 PM
hey 80's punk was good so as though I don't have to hear all that anarchy bullsh|t comein from these "posers" mouths like the ever dreaded anarchy in the UK well I yell "YOU LIVE IN ****|N AMERICA YOU STUPID ****|N SH|T FU(KS" (and this is to the people that constantley change to be something there not like one day theyll be punk the next metal then goth then pop then some other stupid crap that you can't just jump on board and be "hey I'm here lets go because I obviously have no clue what this is or what I'm getting into")

Rambaling done...

nicovski
06-13-2005, 02:31 PM
Hmm... Wasnt everything so much simpler in the 50's, when you listened to either jazz, blues, swing, or rock n' roll...there was no "mainstream" and there was so much cool chromed stuff...

Arrakakaka
06-13-2005, 02:40 PM
Hmm... Wasnt everything so much simpler in the 50's, when you listened to either jazz, blues, swing, or rock n' roll...there was no "mainstream" and there was so much cool chromed stuff...
Yeah, but then came along the radio. And MTV.

The good part is, theres more of a variety.

Rise Me Up
06-13-2005, 02:43 PM

Monster Squad
GBH
The Unseen
Exploited
Virus
Oxymoron
A Global Threat

All those bands own. Good Charlotte compared to GBH,Is there a comparison there,nope,and that's what's so bad about. You let these kids listen to Crass or something and they're like 'That's not punk'. It kills me I swear.

Silenius
06-13-2005, 02:45 PM
All those bands own. Good Charlotte compared to GBH,Is there a comparison there,nope,and that's what's so bad about. You let these kids listen to Crass or something and they're like 'That's not punk'. It kills me I swear.
I know, their ignorance knows no bounds. :(

RiceMonster
06-13-2005, 02:48 PM

???????
I can't stand that. I've heard an idiot say Three Days Grace was his favorite punk band. Also, one time I was listening to Cryptopsy on my walkman, and someone asked me if they could hear it. So of course, I showed them, and there response was "I hate that punk crap." I just stared at the idiot in disbelief.

Quest
06-13-2005, 02:49 PM
In my point of view, posers are:

-People who simply download music, never buy any albums, and yet still claim to love a certain band.
-People who go into Hot Topic and buy a shirt of a band, yet not own any albums from that particular band.
-People who buy the latest album by a band that's been around for many years, but claim to have liked them for the longest time.
-People who go to a concert of a band they've simply heard of off of MTV, but not actually know any of their songs.

Silenius
06-13-2005, 02:50 PM
I can't stand that. I've heard an idiot say Three Days Grace was his favorite punk band. Also, one time I was listening to Cryptopsy on my walkman, and someone asked me if they could hear it. So of course, I showed them, and there response was "I hate that punk crap." I just stared at the idiot in disbelief.
Yeah, some dude listened to one of my Children of Bodom cds and was like "I like Punk Rock like Green Day better, this band is too straight up punk."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whale and Wasp
06-13-2005, 02:52 PM

well explained

RiceMonster
06-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Yeah, some dude listened to one of my Children of Bodom cds and was like "I like Punk Rock like Green Day better, this band is too straight up punk."

:lol: :lol: Once ignorance reaches that level, it's no longer ignorance; it's stupidity.

Shattered_Future
06-13-2005, 02:54 PM

:lol:

Sounds like my friend...he calls music he doesn't like "punk shit"

I swear, he acts like hes 40...he likes REALLY old classical music, most of which is like that technoish 70s dance.

Anyway, i think a poser is somebody who is too "elite" to try out other forms of music, and refuses to be wrong in that their music taste is the best.

Silenius
06-13-2005, 02:56 PM
Anyway, i think a poser is somebody who is too "elite" to try out other forms of music, and refuses to be wrong in that their music taste is the best.
Wouldn't that be an elitist?

Steerpike
06-13-2005, 03:07 PM
Yeah, that's really more of an elitist than anything else.

By the way, Shattered_Future, I got the Celtic Frost thread up. Should be on page 2.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-13-2005, 03:13 PM

You're an idiot, they make music because that is what they like to do, the band themselves have said many times they don't give a f*ck what other people think.

Pulse of the Maggots is on Vol. 3: Subliminal Verses

I listen to them, but I also listen to probably 50 other metal bands, I am not a poser

RCA
06-13-2005, 03:16 PM
It's spelled POSEUR.

Silenius
06-13-2005, 03:17 PM
It's spelled POSEUR.
Meh, poser is more convenient. :p

Steerpike
06-13-2005, 03:17 PM
You're an idiot, they make music because that is what they like to do, the band themselves have said many times they don't give a f*ck what other people think.

Pulse of the Maggots is on Vol. 3: Subliminal Verses

I listen to them, but I also listen to probably 50 other metal bands, I am not a poser

Slipknot still aren't the most credible people in the world. And they certainly are pretentious. I believe it was Cory Tailor who said their masks were an expression of who they are inside. Very interesting considering the story I heard was that one of their "percussionists" bought a clown mask hoping it would help him overcome his stage fright since no one could see his face, then the rest of the band thought that was a good idea and the rest was history.

RiceMonster
06-13-2005, 03:19 PM
Exactly. I don't consider someone who listens to Slipknot a poseur, but the idiots who think they are "goth" and "hardcore" for listening to them. On the other hand, I agree completely with the remarks made against them.

Berner
06-13-2005, 03:21 PM

-People who simply download music, never buy any albums, and yet still claim to love a certain band.
Not really because I lack access to lots of bands due to distribution factors. So if I download some of their stuff and enjoy it, how can I not be a fan. Pull your head out of your ass please.

Steerpike
06-13-2005, 03:35 PM
Not really because I lack access to lots of bands due to distribution factors. So if I download some of their stuff and enjoy it, how can I not be a fan. Pull your head out of your ass please.

He's referring to the people who do have the means to buy the albums, but are too cheap/lazy.

I myself have ot download music to find new bands because at the moment, my budget is way too tight to go out and buy three new albums every weekend. Whenever I can, I do get the albums. That's what separates people like you and me from the retards in question.

Rothmans
06-13-2005, 03:36 PM
-People who go to a concert of a band they've simply heard of off of MTV, but not actually know any of their songs.

Maybe they heard from a friend they were great and he/she wanted to check them out and what music does mtv play anyway?

The pet beaver on bass
06-13-2005, 04:03 PM
in regard to the wrongful labelling of pop-punk as "punk" i've noticed a general imporvement, i don't get MTV but at least on much music whenever they refer to blink or GC it's always Pop-punk now, i've heard Avril refer to herself that way, and i saw GC say thier image isn't at all related to thier music, and people shouldn't call thier music punk or goth because they dress that way.

InFlames.KsE
06-13-2005, 04:03 PM
Simply, a poser is someone who claims to like something because it's "cool" to like

KittensInMicrowaves
06-13-2005, 05:55 PM
Simply, a poser is someone who claims to like something because it's "cool" to like

Best. Definition. Ever.

jbong56
06-13-2005, 06:06 PM
somehting you said reminded me of conservatives

mack daddy
06-13-2005, 06:41 PM
a poser to me is an east indian kid who thinks hes a black rapper

Shattered_Future
06-13-2005, 06:45 PM
Yeah, that's really more of an elitist than anything else.

By the way, Shattered_Future, I got the Celtic Frost thread up. Should be on page 2.

Saw that...you did a good job.
Sry bout not leaving feedback...only had time to glance at it before i had to leave.

Anyway, i kind of think an elitist and a poser are the same thing...they are both unyielding in their efforts to spread "good" music to people (which often isn't good music).

However, posers also try to appear to be the embodiment of a certain genre through clothing and music. So called "hardcore" kids with their many spiked/studded bracelets, pants with legs as wide as people's bodies, and colored hair are posers. They simply have no idea what is going on.

White Goodman
06-13-2005, 06:57 PM
However, posers also try to appear to be the embodiment of a certain genre through clothing and music. So called "hardcore" kids with their many spiked/studded bracelets, pants with legs as wide as people's bodies, and colored hair are posers. They simply have no idea what is going on.

Yeah, someone I knew for a long time that had always been a very nice, open-minded person music wise started doing that crap and I'm glad to say I no longer talk to them. I'm sorry, but none of that makes you "cool".

laura_au
06-13-2005, 06:59 PM
sonic youth - probably the best punk band that i've ever heard so far, i'm probably going to get flamed by this, because most people think that sonic youth is an indie/alternative band, but i do think that theyre punk because mainly of their lyrics,
like drinking jizm for example and beating cops to death, they dont talk about any of that "i hate my parents" type of **** or any of that "my boyfriend left me" avril stuff

Shattered_Future
06-13-2005, 06:59 PM
Yeah, someone I know for a long time that had always been a very nice, open-minded person music wise started doing that crap and I'm glad to say I no longer talk to them. I'm sorry, but none of that makes you "cool".

I used to be like that too...
Gradually, i got off of that stuff...it was REAAAALLLLY uncomfortable. Also, it didn't really do anything for me, cept make me really sweaty.

Rise Me Up
06-13-2005, 07:00 PM

I totally disagree,man. I love a lot of bands and I've downloaded most or all of their albums. I buy their t-shirts and go to their shows, so what's wrong with downloading their music? Bands hardly get any money off of record sales anyway.

Shattered_Future
06-13-2005, 07:01 PM
sonic youth - probably the best punk band that i've ever heard so far, i'm probably going to get flamed by this, because most people think that sonic youth is an indie/alternative band, but i do think that theyre punk because mainly of their lyrics,
like drinking jizm for example and beating cops to death, they dont talk about any of that "i hate my parents" type of **** or any of that "my boyfriend left me" avril stuff

You need a new definition of punk. Go listen to Bad Religion or The Clash, and don't come back until you do.

Have a nice day. :)

White Goodman
06-13-2005, 07:09 PM
lmao, I have a new prime example of a poser. I was just in a rock chatroom, and the question was "Which rock band are you addicted to at the moment" and then I saw one girl's answer "Maroon 5". I don't think I have to say anything more.

leomondaine
06-13-2005, 07:12 PM
My definition of female posers...

Little girls i can easily subdue and sodomize

Steerpike
06-13-2005, 07:14 PM
lmao, I have a new prime example of a poser. I was just in a rock chatroom, and the question was "Which rock band are you addicted to at the moment" and then I saw one girl's answer "Maroon 5". I don't think I have to say anything more.

Maroon 5... aren't they a pop-rock band?

White Goodman
06-13-2005, 07:16 PM

IMO, I just don't think you could use them in the same sentence as the word "rock".

Shattered_Future
06-13-2005, 07:18 PM

I never really thought of them as "rock".

Well, i think of them as "crap", but they seem to be more of an alternative band.

Rock i consider to be Creed, Pearl Jam, Tool, and the like.

Steerpike
06-13-2005, 07:18 PM
Not having heard their material, I couldn't say.

White Goodman
06-13-2005, 07:20 PM
Not having heard their material, I couldn't say.

Well, living in the state that is North Carolina, every radio station within 100 miles of me feels compelled to play them every 3 minutes.

The Cynic
06-13-2005, 07:52 PM

None of the posers at my school have heard of Dimmu. The only for sure one I know of is a kid who wears a COB shirt and has only heard needled 24/7.

ultimaterocker
06-13-2005, 08:10 PM
likeing somethign to try and be cool or fit in or liking somethign with no knowledge of them.

Captain Jack Sparrow
06-13-2005, 08:11 PM
Misguided potential.

James Van Halen
06-13-2005, 08:58 PM
There's a lot of definitions of a poser.
To me, an example would be if you wear a Hatebreed T shirt because the band is popular at your school even though you've never listened to them before.
I consider one of my friends to be a poser 'cause he acts like he's a hardcore metalhead and he doesn't even know more mainstream bands like Cradle Of Filth. In fact, he had never heard of Slayer before until he met me. He had never even heard OF them.

James Van Halen
06-13-2005, 09:04 PM
That's not poserific considering it was a rock chat room. If it had been in a metal one, then sure, but...

Sleeper
06-13-2005, 09:04 PM
A poser to me is a person who advertises something, And dosent know one thing about it.

Txus
06-13-2005, 09:08 PM
Someone who pretends to be what they are not .

drop saw
06-13-2005, 09:09 PM
posers are rich punks who still op shop and and gangsta rappers who live in small towns. also asian's and white people who think there black
just a couple of obvious examples

Kwash2
06-13-2005, 09:11 PM

You're too cute.

Poser i bet.

drop saw
06-13-2005, 09:17 PM

You're too cute.

Poser i bet.

he relates with most of what is being said

Kwash2
06-13-2005, 09:22 PM
Wait.

Me or him?

upside yo head

drop saw
06-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Wait.

Me or him?

upside yo head

meant fallenstar man got nothin against you, just poser thread nazis like him

Insubordinator
06-13-2005, 10:11 PM
people who wear ramones shirts but cant name one ramones song except "hey ho lets go", which is actually called blitzkreig (sp?) bop

drop saw
06-13-2005, 10:24 PM
one thing thats annoying is having to hate stuff you once liked becuase a ton of posers are in to it and you dont wont to be associated with them

jazzfenderboy
06-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Posers are lame........like this kid mike the first thing he said 2 me was " all my cars are Europian! " and then sneered at me

Phobophile
06-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Listen Slipknot did not sell out,if anything they did the opposite because they are making music that actually allowed them to expand beyond one-fingered-power chords and music aboud how much they hate the world.I consider the last Slipknot album to be a very nice slice of work and has been in constant rotation since it came out.

Now I feel torn,I will be called a poser if I only talk about Slipknot.But I will also be called a poser if I post some "real" metal bands to prove that I am not poser.And when people see this,they will think that I am worrying and that I am only worrying because I am poser.What to do what to do.

Anyway,my perfect example of a "poser"

Me:So what kind of music are you into?
Poser:I like hard rock and heavy metal.Stuff like that.
Me:Oh really?Me too.Like what bands?
P:Oh you know,heavy underground bands like Godsmack and Disturbed
OR!
Me:Oh nice shirt.I love Tool.They are my favorite band.
P:Oh thanks.I don't really listen to them though.I just bought the shirt at Hot Topic because I thought the design was cool.

choop
06-13-2005, 10:47 PM
one thing thats annoying is having to hate stuff you once liked becuase a ton of posers are in to it and you dont wont to be associated with them
I feel your pain, son.
I have loved ratm for as long as i can remember and i was listening to them on my ipod in physics once, some clown came over.
"What are you listening to?"
"Rage against the Machine"
"Wow awesome! They're my favourite band!"
"Really, how cool, what's your favourite album?" (I was thinking this guy was kinda cool but I was a bit suspicious)
"Uhhhh....their first one rocked"
"Evil Empire?"
"Yeah"
I put my earphone back in...

Phobophile
06-13-2005, 10:50 PM
I feel your pain, son.
I have loved ratm for as long as i can remember and i was listening to them on my ipod in physics once, some clown came over.
"What are you listening to?"
"Rage against the Machine"
"Wow awesome! They're my favourite band!"
"Really, how cool, what's your favourite album?" (I was thinking this guy was kinda cool but I was a bit suspicious)
"Uhhhh....their first one rocked"
"Evil Empire?"
"Yeah"
I put my earphone back in...

How about the masses of people who think "the black album" (really called Metallica) is the first Metallica album?

phantomoftheopera
06-15-2005, 12:43 PM
I have some pretty good ideas what a poser is, but I want to hear from you posters. What do posers act like. What is really a poser. Why do people hate em, so\\ much. What do you think of posers. Please post your Ideas.(thanks) :smash: :evil: :evil: :evil: then :cool:

See: Avril Lavigne

maggot4875
06-15-2005, 01:35 PM
i think posers are people who wear clothes of bands they dont really know or like,they just wear it to fit in or be cool.or do anything to fit in and be cool not just having to do with music.thats my opinion.

Whale and Wasp
06-15-2005, 02:05 PM
i think posers are people are not being themselves to be unique/different, but really they are not unique. and also....music-wise.....posers care more about the image or being "hardcore" than the actual music itself.

flamesofbodom
06-15-2005, 02:10 PM
My definition of poser: (by the way-true story)

"I love Led Zeppelin!"

/puts on Babe im gonna leave you

"Eeww who is this?"

EX2-(also actually happened)

"Im a metalhead, too. I listen to SLipknot, Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, and ICP"

flamesofbodom
06-15-2005, 02:11 PM
See: Avril Lavigne

Another perfect example

Ballsack_AC/DC69
06-15-2005, 03:13 PM
Posers don't listen to them, I will admit that their new album had a lot of bull**** on it like (Vermillion pt.1,2) I liked their other albums Iowa, Slipknot, and Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat. though and I'm not a poser. Watch your mouth before you get your *** kicked.

Neurotoxin
06-15-2005, 03:16 PM

Too vague. If that person really does like mainstream music, they're not a poser.

Yeah, you always now it's a poser when they tell you they don't just listen to Dimmu, and then list like one classic album like "In the Nightside eclipse" and it's obvious that they've never heard it.

So what? Someone has to introduce it to them.

I have downloaded many discographies of bands that I love, never buying one of their albums. Keep in my mind that I love many bands and if I was to buy an album of every band I loved, I'd be out of cash. Also, other factors come into play, such as availability, etc, not to mention artists make minimal profir off album sales. I would much rather support them by checking out one of their shows or buying merch.

It's spelled POSEUR.

And poser.

I think they're a rock band. They may not be the best band of the genre (or even close), but they're still rock. Music is subjective, and if she truely likes them, she is by no means a poser, just a person stating their opinion.

whiteminority
06-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Anyway, i kind of think an elitist and a poser are the same thing...they are both unyielding in their efforts to spread "good" music to people (which often isn't good music).
Not really (though they both can be pricks at times). If you're going by the definition of elitist I think you are (pretentious f'ucks who think their music is the best and that only a select few can listen to it) then being an elitist is not the same as being a poser. The former singer Dead of influential Norwegian black metal band once said in remark to the popularity of death metal "Some imagine for some weird reason that death metal is something normal and available for everyone. If you go into an ordinary school, you will sruely see half of thechildren wearing Morbid Angel, Autopsy, and Entombed shirts, and once again I will vomit! Death black metal is something all ordinary mortals should fear, not make into a trend!" Now if that's not elitism I don't know what is, and he was by no means a poser, a little quirky and evil but by no means a poser.

basschick52892
06-15-2005, 03:29 PM
Posers are people who have no personality of their own so they try to steal from either punk or hiphop culture.

Shattered_Future
06-15-2005, 04:17 PM
Posers are people who have no personality of their own so they try to steal from either punk or hiphop culture.

You can have posers in all sorts of genres...not just those 2.

Pop - well, basically ALL pop bands are posers...however, Ashlee Simpson takes being a poser to the extreme. Almost exact same song structure, and she doesn't even sing it live. What a bitch.

Jazz - Kenny G. Most mass produced, undertalented crap I've ever heard. This guy should be shot.

Rap - Any modern rap artist who sticks to the "conventions" of the music: bling-bling, hoes, guns, pimpin, what have you.

Metal - You've seen these people before. Colored hair, Slipknot/ICP tshirts, multi wristbands...and they think that they are the coolest kids in the world. Now, i happen to like Slipknot, but I'm not bragging about how i listen to them and i think that they are god. These people do, and this is what brings REAL metalheads their bad rep.

My 2 cents... :)

Brewer14
06-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Posers a stupid word. I dont even know exactly what the hell it means

south_guitar
06-15-2005, 05:46 PM
It has various meanings, it depends on what subject. With skateboarding, if you wear skate brand clothes and you don't actually skate, it is taken harshly and you're considered a poser.

With metal, if you listen to bands that are geared toward mainstream (nu metal mostly) and you think that you're a "hardkore metul dood 666 \m/", then I would consider that a "poser".

In broad terms, it is a person who claims to adhere to a certain lifestyle when they only know surface material of that certain lifestyle and they don't actually commit to the lifestyle.

Lord Abortion
06-15-2005, 05:48 PM
http://damselworld.com/pd_double_sided_black_tshirt3.cfm

all I have to say from one of my favourite bands

Ibanez Slayer
06-15-2005, 05:52 PM
ok my friend is talking to me last summer, and this was when allllll i listened to was zeppelin and hendrix. don't get me wrong i still love them, but i've widedned my horizons

"hey man, what's in that (cd player)?"
"some hendrix"
"OH MY GOSH! he's my favorite!"
"cool man, what's your favorite song?"
"pureple haze. i also like immigrant song and master of puppets by him"
*i walk away*
he yells "what?!?"

Shattered_Future
06-15-2005, 05:52 PM
http://damselworld.com/pd_double_sided_black_tshirt3.cfm

all I have to say from one of my favourite bands

*wants to order*

Thats one sweet shirt there...

Tyler_
06-15-2005, 05:54 PM
Why is this thread even allowed? Who cares?

Ibanez Slayer
06-15-2005, 05:55 PM
you know you care. you know you wanna make love to it

Shattered_Future
06-15-2005, 05:58 PM

Judging from the fact that there is 5 pages...a lot of people.

Tyler_
06-15-2005, 06:07 PM
you know you care. you know you wanna make love to it
You're not funny...

xrockerachickx
06-15-2005, 06:09 PM
posers r anybody who is like Avril Lavguine (however u spell that), who think theyre ALL hard, but really r some lameass kids O GOD! WTF

Shattered_Future
06-15-2005, 06:12 PM
posers r anybody who is like Avril Lavguine (however u spell that), who think theyre ALL hard, but really r some lameass kids O GOD! WTF

I think you should be more worried about how to spell "are" than Lavigne.

xrockerachickx
06-15-2005, 06:12 PM
How about the masses of people who think "the black album" (really called Metallica) is the first Metallica album?

haha, now thats funny.... and anyways, the black album was made also for people who weren't into metal. its more of an all audience album anyway right?

Steerpike
06-15-2005, 06:18 PM
You're not funny...

I beg to differ.

:upset: Please don't type like that. This is not AIM. You don't need to shorthand everything and punctuate all your sentences with abbreviations.

xrockerachickx
06-15-2005, 06:20 PM
I think you should be more worried about how to spell "are" than Lavigne.

i like to save time....

Steerpike
06-15-2005, 06:21 PM
i like to save time....

How much time are you saving? A quarter of a second. That's not saving time, that's just being lazy.

Shattered_Future
06-15-2005, 06:21 PM
i like to save time....

Then be banned. If you want to be a part of these forums, you need to speak/type legibly and put thought into your posts.

ExpertN00b
06-15-2005, 06:23 PM
At my school, a poser is someone who doesn't wear H.I.M. bracelets according to the majority of the people (75% love H.I.M.).

Scoot
06-15-2005, 06:30 PM
A poser is simply someone who tries to be someone they're not, plays an instrument because they want people to think that they're awesome, and listens to a brand of music that everyone likes because they want to fit in.

Oh, and there's nothing better than showing up a cocky poser on an instrument in front of loads of people.

usedfinch123
06-15-2005, 06:32 PM
You can't spot a poser by looks. Once you talk to them you know if their a poser or not. I mean as most people said, a poser is someone who wants to fit into a scene. They buy merch from hot topic say they love them. Then you talk to them and they turn into idiot. they don't have their facts right, they no nothing about the band exept how to download all their songs.

Shattered_Future
06-15-2005, 06:34 PM
A poser is simply someone who tries to be someone they're not, plays an instrument because they want people to think that they're awesome, and listens to a brand of music that everyone likes because they want to fit in.

Oh, and there's nothing better than showing up a cocky poser on an instrument in front of loads of people.

Man, that sounds like my drummer...

He plays guitar in his spare time...he believes he is better than most people, even though pretty much all he knows is power chords.

I love tapping on the guitar and watching the look on his face...its priceless.

usedfinch123
06-15-2005, 06:34 PM

HAHAHA I love doing that! They ****ing buy all this amazing **** and suck so bad, say their amazing and bah! They should see it comming..

Posers = Igorant beyond the point of ignorant people.

i am the robots
06-15-2005, 06:35 PM

an educated metalhead, what?

usedfinch123
06-15-2005, 06:35 PM
I love tapping on the guitar and watching the look on his face...its priceless.
It funny to see their faces, even on the simplest tap riff. To their untrained ears it is amazing.

Scoot
06-15-2005, 06:38 PM
I showed up this kid yesterday playing Until It Sleeps, and he played Dammit. He won, because all of these "emo" kids were standing in his corner watching him play with a $3,000 Schecter. They all said that he was the best because they didn't know what song I was playing. ****ing douchebags.

Moses
06-15-2005, 06:39 PM
Hey Steerpike, when you said that thing about Cory Taylor, I think he really meant it about the masks. I mean sure Clown did it first but alot of bands have a single person in the band that wears the mask but the other members are normal "looking", so they could have just left him with his stagefright. Also a mask is artwork, and artwork is the reflection of the artist on the inside.

Not saying he's completely credible with that statement, but I'd believe him.

AblazeMySorrow
06-15-2005, 06:39 PM
i have 2 friends whom i adore dearly, but they're posers. :lol: :lol: :lol: they everything poser. they liek slipknot and say they listen to pretty heavy s hit. thats they i have never invited them to my house. theres this 2 guys at my tech ed class...and they are part of the "goth" crowd at my school. we were fu cking aorund the computors in teh modules, and i just sat down and all of a sudden i heard some gay alternative s hit. they said it was breaking benjamin's new music video. i promtly went back to my module and turn the speakers up and put on Behemoth's "Conquer All" video and said "eat s hit Kumar." :smash:

Scoot
06-15-2005, 06:58 PM
And people who are "emo". I mean, come on. Who the **** are they trying to fool here? "Oh, my girlfriend left me so that means I have to slit my wrists and cry in the corner." Jesus, get a grip.

ExpertN00b
06-15-2005, 06:58 PM

I am the best guitarist in my school, I show everyone up, because the 2nd best that everyone looks up to only knows God of Thunder and Sweet Home Alabama, very sloppily I might add... Eugenes Trick Bag amazes the simple minded Kentuckians, but not as much as Sweet Home Alabama. Well, I'm the best now anyways, now that one of the seniors who was an amazing shredder has graduated...

Steerpike
06-15-2005, 07:22 PM
Hey Steerpike, when you said that thing about Cory Taylor, I think he really meant it about the masks. I mean sure Clown did it first but alot of bands have a single person in the band that wears the mask but the other members are normal "looking", so they could have just left him with his stagefright. Also a mask is artwork, and artwork is the reflection of the artist on the inside.

Not saying he's completely credible with that statement, but I'd believe him.

Regardless, he still sounds like a pretentious jack-***.

Moses
06-15-2005, 07:22 PM
I agree.

Shattered_Future
06-15-2005, 07:24 PM

I'd say so. He's the embodiment of poser hardcoreness, i think.

Reflection of the artist inside...bullshit. If it was a reflection, they'd have different masks, not ones with grotesque faces or 10 inch spikes sticking out of the top.

Steerpike
06-15-2005, 07:27 PM
Exactly! Besides, they're all rich and famous now. The only thing they could possibly complain about is the fact that the majority of their fans are clueless pre-teens who are operating under the delusion that listening to metalcore makes them rebels.

With that in mind, what makes Cory think he's fooling anyone?

Shattered_Future
06-15-2005, 07:29 PM
Exactly! Besides, they're all rich and famous now. The only thing they could possibly complain about is the fact that the majority of their fans are clueless pre-teens who are operating under the delusion that listening to metalcore makes them rebels.

Exactly. They need to find a new fanbase that isn't all preppy/preppunk girls and hardcore boys.

Also, they are metalcore? My girlfriend said they were too...i always thought of them as extremely heavy nu-metal.

Steerpike
06-15-2005, 07:31 PM
Exactly. They need to find a new fanbase that isn't all preppy/preppunk girls and hardcore boys.

Also, they are metalcore? My girlfriend said they were too...i always thought of them as extremely heavy nu-metal.

I consider them metalcore, but I'm hardly an expert on the genre, so don't take me too seriously on that.

Shattered_Future
06-15-2005, 07:32 PM
I consider them metalcore, but I'm hardly an expert on the genre, so don't take me too seriously on that.

Yea, metalcore seems to be like nu-metal...people throw bands in there, regardless of how they sound, to show that they hate them and the whole genre.

Metalcore for me = Killswitch Engage. Best example i can come up with.

whiteminority
06-15-2005, 07:46 PM
Slipknot is nu-metal though they tend to be heavier than most bands in that genre. They arn't metalcore because of a lack of hardcore style playing. Some metalcore that are poular right now include Bleeding Through, Eighteen Visions, Atreyu etc. Some pretty good metalcore of current would be Bury Your Dead, Walls of Jericho, 100 Demons, and Dead to Fall.

Steerpike
06-15-2005, 07:47 PM
Okay, so they're not metalcore, they're just really bad nu-metal. Got it.

_Tyler
06-15-2005, 07:48 PM
hahaha no way not possible ever.

edit: wait yeah

Moses
06-15-2005, 07:52 PM
they're just really bad nu-metal. Got it.
And that's sayin' somthin.

I'm sorry but I like some of their stuff, and they kill live.

heavy metal kid
06-15-2005, 07:59 PM
Okay, so they're not metalcore, they're just really bad nu-metal. Got it.

i think i got it, the majority of all metalcore bands are just nu-metal dudes with crappy guitar solos.

Daven
06-15-2005, 08:00 PM
they suck

Steerpike
06-15-2005, 08:01 PM
And that's sayin' somthin.

I'm sorry but I like some of their stuff, and they kill live.

I never understood what was so great about them. The only way I can tell it's them on the radio is the mediocre clean singing turning to mediocre harsh vocals.

Moses
06-15-2005, 08:04 PM
I never understood what was so great about them. The only way I can tell it's them on the radio is the mediocre clean singing turning to mediocre harsh vocals.
I don't know why I like some of they're stuff. It's like any type of pop song that you have as a guilty pleasure. Also they're older stuff is alot more interesting and progressive (Mate, Feed, Kill, Repeat).

I'd upload somthing but I don't have that album.

Fat people are hard to kidnap
06-15-2005, 08:19 PM
seems to me that posers (more or less) are just preppy kids who think they can fit in anywhere with the least amoung of effort, like feigning dress and interest, or at least, trying to pass off as a certain group

This thread (http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225850&page=1) has an experience of mine on the first post. hot poser chicks are the worst

Phobophile
06-15-2005, 08:44 PM
Yes seriously,the new Slipknot album and their rare demo Mate Feed Kill Repeat are so far detached from what you would think as slipknot.I recommend these two albums to anybody except for fans of the other albums.It is REALLY good.The only people that I have found that don't like them are previous slipknot fans who think that everything needs to be heavy and fast,even though slipknot are no where near the embodiment of this.I mean on the new album they solo and use acoustic guitars,that right there alone is a progression way beyond anything they have done in the past.Lyrically they have been able to go beyond just saying "**** you,**** the world,**** my parents etc."Their music actually has some substance now and it is just to bad it is so late in the game.I honestly think has their newest album been a debut album by a new band it would be the biggest thing since Nevermind.I think it is THAT good.But however like stated before,they have no credibility.So all the slipknot fans of old just think they "sold out" and all the non-slipknot fans can't take them seriously for 5 seconds.Such a shame.

podbassist
06-15-2005, 09:06 PM
I do agree Now what is the biggest posing bands ever. I think Mudvayne is one of them they deserve to rot

They are poser with their look but not with their music.

/RushFan\
06-15-2005, 09:21 PM
lol I got a friend and everybody knows the kid loves rap, and we started makin fun of rap so like the next day he bought some Rock CD's and he started trying to talk to us and we don't even think the band is good cept for a song or two, but he knows that he likes rap and not rock but he tries to listen to rap so he can be like us, a poser is a person who thinks they know something but don't :upset:

Phobophile
06-15-2005, 09:36 PM
How is Mudvayne a poser band?I can agree that using Mudvayne using makeup in the early stages was just an attention getter.But their music has always stood out.They don't try to sound like anybody at all.

Paul93560
06-15-2005, 09:43 PM
posers should listen to the song walk get their *** kicked and the try and find the selves

STINKYnuts
06-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Posers are the kids that are so wrapped up in what's cool and what's not, that they forget who they are. They're so desperate for attention that they trick themeselves into thinking somethings cool. Often the spoiled kids, they always get the latest equipment, even though they have no clue what it is, and in some cases can't play it (ie guitars etc.). The posers kill it.

laura_au
06-17-2005, 03:44 PM

not again

Scoot
06-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Posers are the kids that are so wrapped up in what's cool and what's not, that they forget who they are. They're so desperate for attention that they trick themeselves into thinking somethings cool. Often the spoiled kids, they always get the latest equipment, even though they have no clue what it is, and in some cases can't play it (ie guitars etc.). The posers kill it.

And what a good first post it was!

Dextomethorphan
06-18-2005, 12:35 PM
I think people mistake oblivious listeners for posers. My friend listens to Simple Plan, Evenescense, Good Charlotte, New Found Glory, and 50 Cent, but he doesn't claim to be a "gansta" or a metalhead or a punk. He's a very average person who loves playing the piano. A lot of posers like that music, but that doesn't make him a poser.

I used to think poser was just a skateboard term, cause these kids made fun of a guy that skated because his shoes weren't scuffed up (aperently they become sscuffed when you do tricks.) So the next day he came to school ad they were all scaped-up looking. Turns out he had spent the afternoon rubbing them against a brick wall.

Stevie
06-18-2005, 12:47 PM
It's in the title. Posers are people who pose as something they're not for whatever reason.

Scoot
06-18-2005, 12:48 PM
I think people mistake oblivious listeners for posers. My friend listens to Simple Plan, Evenescense, Good Charlotte, New Found Glory, and 50 Cent, but he doesn't claim to be a "gansta" or a metalhead or a punk. He's a very average person who loves playing the piano. A lot of posers like that music, but that doesn't make him a poser.

I used to think poser was just a skateboard term, cause these kids made fun of a guy that skated because his shoes weren't scuffed up (aperently they become sscuffed when you do tricks.) So the next day he came to school ad they were all scaped-up looking. Turns out he had spent the afternoon rubbing them against a brick wall.

I hate when people make fun of you for wearing skater clothes when you USED to skate. I used to and people still make fun of me. I just say "**** you!" and walk away. I don't think many people do skate anymore, anyways.

Stevie
06-18-2005, 12:53 PM
I hate when people make fun of you for wearing skater clothes when you USED to skate. I used to and people still make fun of me. I just say "**** you!" and walk away. I don't think many people do skate anymore, anyways.

Well what the hell do you expect people to think if you wear skater clothes? Perhaps people should now consider that perhaps people are not sporting the trend they advertise with their clothing, rather they used to skate. Hell - why not have a label to all people saying "Note please: I USED to skate, now I do not, though I still wear the same clothes. Thank you, and good day!"

Scoot
06-18-2005, 02:54 PM
Well what the hell do you expect people to think if you wear skater clothes? Perhaps people should now consider that perhaps people are not sporting the trend they advertise with their clothing, rather they used to skate. Hell - why not have a label to all people saying "Note please: I USED to skate, now I do not, though I still wear the same clothes. Thank you, and good day!"

Good point.

It's like this. Posers are out to steal somebody else's glory and they are usually jealous bastards.

James Van Halen
06-20-2005, 11:10 PM
I don't care if people listen to ****ty music, as long as they don't claim that they're hardcore, or a metalhead. Like my friend that listens to Mudvayne, Static X and Slipknot and thinks he's the most hardcore metalhead in the whole town...I let him listen to my Arch Enemy album and he said it scared him too much to listen to it. It wasn't even scary, it was ****ing Anthems Of Rebellion. That, my friends, is a poser.

Scoot
06-21-2005, 08:06 PM
Well said.

poser

n. A wannabee; not hacker slang, but used among
"crackers", "phreaks" and "warez d00dz". Not as negative as lamer or
leech. Probably derives from a similar usage among "punk-rockers"
and "metalheads", putting down those who "talk the talk but don't walk
the walk".

an actual definition from Dictionary.com

flamesofbodom
06-21-2005, 08:22 PM
I don't care if people listen to ****ty music, as long as they don't claim that they're hardcore, or a metalhead. Like my friend that listens to Mudvayne, Static X and Slipknot and thinks he's the most hardcore metalhead in the whole town...I let him listen to my Arch Enemy album and he said it scared him too much to listen to it. It wasn't even scary, it was ****ing Anthems Of Rebellion. That, my friends, is a poser.

I like all the bands listed above. I love that Arch Enemy cd. Still sometimes when there's someone listening to Good Charlotte and thinking they're punk makes me want to punch their throat

Dextomethorphan
06-21-2005, 08:49 PM
Mudvayne is the only nu-metal band I can stand. I don't even like any other form of metal(except some metalcore...converge?) Does that make me a poser?

i am the robots
06-21-2005, 09:10 PM
shut up poser

AIC/EAZY-E
06-21-2005, 09:30 PM
I was playing Whole Lotta Love on guitar, then this girl in my music class across the room goes 'Hey, you can play the Top of the Pops theme song!' I explained the song was originally Led Zeppelin, she then responded 'I love that guy'. I just didn't reply.

Dextomethorphan
06-21-2005, 09:36 PM
I was playing Whole Lotta Love on guitar, then this girl in my music class across the room goes 'Hey, you can play the Top of the Pops theme song!' I explained the song was originally Led Zeppelin, she then responded 'I love that guy'. I just didn't reply.

I love it

Nostalgia
06-21-2005, 10:19 PM
I have a question, you aren't defined as a poser if you where band T-shirts are you? I don't where them every day or anything I just got a slayer tour shirt at a concert but from what I heard like 14 year old kids just like live at hot topic buying band shirts and fish net stalkings but just because you where a band shirt once and a while doesn't define you as a poser does it?

BassMasterMike88
06-21-2005, 11:05 PM
I just want to say the NOT every Slipknot fan is a poser, I got into Slipknot about 4 years back and I see their shows and listen to their material due to the fact that I like their sound, not cause I'm trying to make a diffenent image of myself, if you talk to a poser sporting a Knot t-shirt you'll figure out their a poser because the only song they've heard is "Duality"

Scoot
06-21-2005, 11:34 PM
Okay.

Calling someone a poser because of what music they listen to is retarted. It makes no sense and doesn't convince me in the least. Going up to someone and saying,"Hey, you like Mudvayne, you're a poser!" is just plain stupid.

However, buying certain things just to look cool or "because you can" is being a poser.

comptonassrobert
06-22-2005, 01:40 PM
A poser would be someone who just jumps on the bandwagon to look cool, whether he even knows which bandwagon he is going on or not.
"Slipknot sucks"
poser replies "yeahe slipknot totally like scuks and is hORrible, sellout freaks"
"Yeah, what songs have you heard?"
"uhh duality i think, that song is the taotal sellouts huh".

that is one form of a poser. another could be:
"man do i love slipknot"
poser replies "yeah, they totally pWN"
"Yeah, what songs have you heard?"
"uhh, duality it hhink, but MTV said it was good so it is TOTALLy hXc METAL!!"

for the record, i like slipknot. also for the record, Joy Divison kicks a.ss. i havent heard much mention of them on these forums

KittensInMicrowaves
06-22-2005, 01:52 PM
Why would you buy a band's T-shirt if you don't listen to them?

Hot Topic is the gayest store, I hate those clothes........

down025
06-22-2005, 02:00 PM
I consider a poser to wear make up and girl pants. Looking like a female is not metal. Now I bet some smart *** will say "BUT DOWN025 IN THE 80S BANDS DID THE SAME THING NUHAHUHU" well atleast those bands kicked ***.

Shattered_Future
06-22-2005, 03:41 PM
I consider a poser to wear make up and girl pants. Looking like a female is not metal. Now I bet some smart *** will say "BUT DOWN025 IN THE 80S BANDS DID THE SAME THING NUHAHUHU" well atleast those bands kicked ***.

Dude...you're a fuckwit. :thumb:

M3rL1N
06-22-2005, 05:32 PM
ok so what about the guys that wear makeup and girl pants that know more about good music than you. what does that make you

super/mars/volta
06-22-2005, 08:24 PM

most kids in girl pants dont like metal, as a matter of fact every kid i know in girl pants is into hxc not metal and if they are wearing make-up they are probly at an Atreyu show so i wouldnt take them seriously. also Rob halford and Phil from pantera two metal guys that take it like females so you may want to reconsider your line of thinking.

Child of the Grave
06-22-2005, 08:32 PM
i believe that no matter how you define a poser, you'll just know one when you see one.

PepsiMetal
06-22-2005, 09:05 PM
I would define a poser to be a person that is trying to be someone he's not.

Like pop kid that loves pop still listening to metal more because it's cool. That would be poser as for the fans.

For artists, it would have to be like if you are tryin to play metal music, but can't play it at all, and yet you claim you are a good metal band. Although this happens more with the punk than metal.

I'd also define marylin manson as a poseur.

Shattered_Future
06-22-2005, 09:52 PM
I'd also define marylin manson as a poseur.

How so? Hes got his own schtick that he uses for his music...its not supposed to be taken seriously. People blew it WAY too out of proportion, and that is why so many people hate him nowadays.

Hallowed Be Thy Name
06-22-2005, 10:23 PM
To me a person cannot be labeled a poser unless you talk to them. If I saw a kid walking down the street wearing a Cradle of Filth shirt is he a poser, no. He could like alot of bands that you would appreciate but if i asked him why he likes them and he says "because they are the best black metal band ever" and only knows them for the Nymphetamine video then my friends he is indeed a poser. Also a poser is a person who goes from trend to trend. They will be "gangsta" one day and the next be a "metalhead" because MTV isnt playing rap as much and playing this blasphemous music they call "metal."

Phobophile
06-22-2005, 10:36 PM
MTV doe NOT play metal.Even 90% of the stuff they play on Headbanger's Ball which is supposed to be the Metal show,is not metal. MTV avoids metal like the plague.

Marylin Manson...last thing he is is a poser if you consider that from day one he was his own person.He never tried to appeal to anyone.Though granted he did his best to piss everyone off but that was part of his character.

Trivium
06-22-2005, 10:39 PM
well fuck mtv

I used to be a total poser, back when I was well 11ish I was all like LINKIN PARK HELL YEAH IM HARDCORE. A friend told me about metallica, and I was like oh yeah their the ****. (I had seen the I disapear video once).

Well now I dont think there are many other people as obsessed with metallica as I am and have been for a long time. I pretended to be into metallica to be cool with this kid who I thought was awsome.

But anyways, yeah I hate hot topic, though I did get my puppets shirt there, no rebel phrases like "keep staring I might do a trick".

I hate thoes shirts so **** much, anyone who expresses themselves through phrases on clothing or bumper stickers is just annoying as sh!t.

Steerpike
06-22-2005, 10:45 PM
But anyways, yeah I hate hot topic, though I did get my puppets shirt there, no rebel phrases like "keep staring I might do a trick".

I hate thoes shirts so **** much, anyone who expresses themselves through phrases on clothing or bumper stickers is just annoying as sh!t.

Just so you know, I happen to own a couple such shirts for laughs. My favorite has a Mark Twain quote on it.

I'm not "expressing myself" as you seem to define it. I just like that quote.

Cain
06-22-2005, 10:48 PM
MTV doe NOT play metal.Even 90% of the stuff they play on Headbanger's Ball which is supposed to be the Metal show,is not metal. MTV avoids metal like the plague.

I actually turned that on a few weeks ago and every two bands there was a punk band in black outfits. Very stupid.

Trivium
06-22-2005, 10:51 PM
Just so you know, I happen to own a couple such shirts for laughs. My favorite has a Mark Twain quote on it.

I'm not "expressing myself" as you seem to define it. I just like that quote.

if its a quote by mark twain or something thats cool

but ive seen like

"keep staring I might do a trick"
"take a picture it lasts longer"

which I associate with really werid looking people, because youd have to really be staring at them to have the shirt make sense.

Pink mohawks for example.

Steerpike
06-22-2005, 10:52 PM
I actually turned that on a few weeks ago and every two bands there was a punk band in black outfits. Very stupid.

That makes my blood boil.

Scoot
06-22-2005, 10:55 PM
Punk. What a weird word. So many people hate it. And so do I.

Cain
06-22-2005, 10:58 PM
That makes my blood boil.

Mine too. I checked to make sure I was watching Headbanger's Ball about five times in a row, because literally every video that came on was a bad punk band. I'm like, "JESUS, MTV blows."

Steerpike
06-22-2005, 11:01 PM
The thing is, I actually like some punk. Dead Kennedys, The Clash, The Ramones, Bad Religion, The Misfits, The Freaks Union... It's sad how bastardized the genre has become.

PepsiMetal
06-22-2005, 11:10 PM
How so? Hes got his own schtick that he uses for his music...its not supposed to be taken seriously. People blew it WAY too out of proportion, and that is why so many people hate him nowadays.

I dont hate him, i just think dressing like a woman and stuff is unnecassary and is for attention-seeking.

James Van Halen
06-22-2005, 11:13 PM
I like all the bands listed above. I love that Arch Enemy cd. Still sometimes when there's someone listening to Good Charlotte and thinking they're punk makes me want to punch their throat
My point wasn't so much that listening to those bands make you a poser, but more that if you think you're some kinda hardcore satan worshipping metalhead for going to a Static X concert, you're a poser.

I have a question, you aren't defined as a poser if you where band T-shirts are you? I don't where them every day or anything I just got a slayer tour shirt at a concert but from what I heard like 14 year old kids just like live at hot topic buying band shirts and fish net stalkings but just because you where a band shirt once and a while doesn't define you as a poser does it?
Don't worry about it. Even getting shirts from Hot Topic isn't posing, as much as I despise the store. Posing would be more like if you have a band T shirt of a band that you don't like or haven't heard. Sometimes we almost turn ourselves into posers just worrying about wether we are posers or not.

You're an idiot. As are other people in this thread, the user above me as an example. Marilyn Manson didn't set out to get attention, that's what happened. Why? He got popular. That's what happens. The more Dimmu or Cradle Of Filth get popular, the more shootings and satanic rituals are going to be blamed on them as well. I also fail to see how Marilyn Manson wears "girl clothes", or how you can still pretend to be intelligent while giving fabric a gender specification. And this, my friend is coming from somebody who can't stand Marilyn Manson.

To me a person cannot be labeled a poser unless you talk to them. If I saw a kid walking down the street wearing a Cradle of Filth shirt is he a poser, no. He could like alot of bands that you would appreciate but if i asked him why he likes them and he says "because they are the best black metal band ever" and only knows them for the Nymphetamine video then my friends he is indeed a poser. Also a poser is a person who goes from trend to trend. They will be "gangsta" one day and the next be a "metalhead" because MTV isnt playing rap as much and playing this blasphemous music they call "metal."
Well said.

Phobophile
06-22-2005, 11:24 PM
My point wasn't so much that listening to those bands make you a poser, but more that if you think you're some kinda hardcore satan worshipping metalhead for going to a Static X concert, you're a poser.
Does this apply if say I do enjoy going to a Static-X concert but also enjoy going to say I dunno a Necrophagist concert?Just making sure if liking both is still okay and not worthy of poser flamification.

slit_21
06-22-2005, 11:30 PM
ok I dont see why everybody is dissing on slipknot, they are probably my favorite band next to SoaD. Now I understand about people wearing slipknot shirts so look "goth", thats just plain retarded. but I have a couple of slipknot shirts that I wear once in a whil e but that shouldnt make me a poser just because I wear there shirts, Hell I have a Pink floyd shirt too that I wear and yes I listen to them. so basically what I'm saying( to all those people who didnt want to read the begginging of my post) is that yes you are a poser if you wear a shirt of a band and you dont even like them but if they are your fav. band it is alright. o yah i almost forgot, Yes punk does suck harcore

Scoot
06-22-2005, 11:31 PM
Necrophagist has a fukin amazing bass player.

And,yes, a person can like many genres of music and not be a poser.

Steerpike
06-22-2005, 11:31 PM
o yah i almost forgot, Yes punk does suck harcore

Roast in hell.

Mr Herb
06-22-2005, 11:32 PM
punk sucks

James Van Halen
06-22-2005, 11:33 PM
No. I have no problems with liking such bands, as long as you don't do it to earn the rank of "metalhead". Or simply think you ARE a metalhead for liking them.

Steerpike
06-22-2005, 11:35 PM
I'm getting so sick of this ridiculous punk bashing. How many of the people saying this shit have ever heard a single Dead Kennedys, Minutemen, or Bad Religion song?

James Van Halen
06-22-2005, 11:44 PM
I'm getting so sick of this ridiculous punk bashing. How many of the people saying this **** have ever heard a single Dead Kennedys, Minutemen, or Bad Religion song?
I'll tell you where the rediculous punk bashing comes from: idiots who think punk is Blink 182 and Good Charolette.
btw, i'de like to apologize for a disagreement we had a long time ago where you got on my case for using the term "gay" in an inapropriate manner. I still use the word occasionally, but at the time I was an impressionable, hypocritical, ignorant christian and I have since changed my stance on gay rights.

Steerpike
06-22-2005, 11:45 PM
btw, i'de like to apologize for a disagreement we had a long time ago where you got on my case for using the term "gay" in an inapropriate manner. I still use the word occasionally, but at the time I was an impressionable, hypocritical, ignorant christian and I have since changed my stance on gay rights.

... Oh yeah, it's all coming back to me. Truth be told, I let that one go a long time ago.

heavydoom
06-22-2005, 11:56 PM

man, i need to get back to listening to some manson again (he was a big musical influence for me for a while there), ive gotten swept up in a massive discovery of so many other awesome bands, *pulls manson cds out* :thumb:

i have to argue with some of these posts, especially the slipknot hate that has been apparent... im a big fan of slipknot, i went to Big Day Out MAINLY to see them, and yes i have a slipknot shirt (on the day i wore my then-recently aquired LedZep shirt, its hard to find good shirts that fit well, im 6'2" with a big build)... i also play some slipknot (guitar)... own a few albums... you get the picture...

i have seemingly 'jumped' from band to band in the last ... few years (4 maybe)... but ive seen that as more musical evolution, i become drawn to a band, then i recognise the part of it i particularly like, and branch out from that more, i still listen to all the bands that have gotten me to where i am today (early Silverchair, MManson, Slipknot, Mudvayne, Dry Kill Logic, (even a few limp bizkit songs...), Metallica, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Led Zeppelin, ACDC, Meshugah, Disgorge, Parkway Drive, From First to Last, ... the list goes on and on)
the point im trying to make is, i like above mentioned bands musically, but have been labelled by many people as a 'semi-goth' or a 'death head', actually at one point i was known as "deathmetal" at school... (admitedly i wear a lot of black, but thats preference, no goth-ness here)...

i dont consider myself a poser, so try not to consider these things in your definitions of poser please, (but maybe as a stereotypical representation of one, as i kinda know what you mean, its easy to tell if someone is really enjoying what they do/listen to when you meet them)

EDIT: apologies for this making me sound like a little whining bitch

heavydoom
06-22-2005, 11:59 PM
I'm getting so sick of this ridiculous punk bashing. How many of the people saying this shit have ever heard a single Dead Kennedys, Minutemen, or Bad Religion song?

DKs are a classic, yeah i dont really like the labelling of any **** band they cant find a genre for as punk, (same kinda goes for nu-metal by the seems of things), honestly i have incorrectly used the punk label many times, its hard to describe some bands to kids these days without it, its become a different thing to what it used to be...
may i recommend a good aussy band, Frenzal Rhomb...?

James Van Halen
06-23-2005, 12:05 AM
... Oh yeah, it's all coming back to me. Truth be told, I let that one go a long time ago.
Well, I didn't figure it was a source of hidden hatred or anything, but...

James Van Halen
06-23-2005, 12:15 AM
the point im trying to make is, i like above mentioned bands musically, but have been labelled by many people as a 'semi-goth' or a 'death head', actually at one point i was known as "deathmetal" at school... (admitedly i wear a lot of black, but thats preference, no goth-ness here)...
As long as you don't claim to be a death head, I find no merit in claiming you a poser.

heavydoom
06-23-2005, 12:48 AM
cheers
PS: nice avatar JVH

The_shotgun_message
06-23-2005, 01:00 AM
Also Rob halford and Phil from pantera two metal guys that take it like females so you may want to reconsider your line of thinking.

Phils Gay???????? thats news to me

Arucard
06-23-2005, 01:31 AM
Punk. What a weird word. So many people hate it. And so do I.

Shame that Bad Religion : The Empirer Strikes First was probably the best album of 2004.

:rolleyes:

And Steerpike, did i force you to listen to The Freaks Union?

Steerpike
06-23-2005, 01:34 AM
You mentioned them in the Punk Education Thread and after months of searching, I finally got some downloads.

Arucard
06-23-2005, 01:41 AM
My faverouite Melodic Hardcore band, they plain own. What songs do you have?

Steerpike
06-23-2005, 01:51 AM
Don't Let Go, Ignorance, M11, Out of Time, Ska Face, and Wake Up.

Arucard
06-23-2005, 05:31 AM
Wake Up + Out Of Time = Great.

Get Blue Day and Demons Wont Die too.

Spiritofmosa
06-23-2005, 06:05 AM
i wear a lep zepplin shirt, not because they r my favourite band, but because i respect them.. am i a poser?

Arucard
06-23-2005, 06:08 AM
Yes.

FockerTheLopper
06-23-2005, 08:33 AM
Everyones opinion is different. I consider posers to be people who want to be different but if you don't conform to be one of them they won't consider you of them(I used to hang out with some and I obviously didn't want to waste money on gay hot topic clothes to look like a complete idiot) Also saying things like "You gotta dress like the music to hear it" or acting hardcore my guitarist was making fun of the kids we used to hang out with, he was looking at the musicianforums magazines and he was like "OMG goth firebird bass, its goth so its so SCARY, lets buy it OMG coffin case for a guitar thats SCARY" and more stupid crap like that or one time we were listening to iron man and the kid who is goth used to hang out with me and my crew a like 2 years ago but he met this girl who was a poser goth w/e i dont even know and now hes whipped although he doesn't get any and he isn't going out with her and he is still whipped.... AH. Anyway he says that he can't take it and puts on hatebreed its crap, when his ex leaves he puts on like sabbath and zepplin and loves it... The moral is that if you aren't yourself you are a poser.(but theres some tweaking)

Shattered_Future
06-23-2005, 08:34 AM
Yes.

:confused:

If he listens to the band and likes them, it doesn't make him a poser...
If he DOESN'T listen to the band, and just wears the shirt...THEN we have a problem...

snorfledumpkins
06-23-2005, 08:38 AM
but then the only reason you me or most people got into rock/metal is because of other people and to rebel
I find that annoying when people say that when you listen to rock or metal you're rebelling, i just like the music :cool: . My parents like it too(the rock), so there's nothing to rebel.a

EDIT: This thread is why i think they should have a separate forum for metal than rock, they are two so different things, and i have no idea what you guys are talking about with all these bands.

down025
06-23-2005, 07:02 PM
consider a poser to wear make up and girl pants. Looking like a female is not metal. Now I bet some smart *** will say "BUT DOWN025 IN THE 80S BANDS DID THE SAME THING NUHAHUHU" well atleast those bands kicked ***.

You're an idiot. As are other people in this thread, the user above me as an example. Marilyn Manson didn't set out to get attention, that's what happened. Why? He got popular. That's what happens. The more Dimmu or Cradle Of Filth get popular, the more shootings and satanic rituals are going to be blamed on them as well. I also fail to see how Marilyn Manson wears "girl clothes", or how you can still pretend to be intelligent while giving fabric a gender specification. And this, my friend is coming from somebody who can't stand Marilyn Manson.

I'm the idiot? #1 fabric doesnt have a specific gender, but clothes do and so does makeup. Eyeliner, lipstick and whatever the other stuff girls use belongs on females. Its to make females look pretty. Capris, tight pants, smaller then your size tight band shirts and lesbian haircuts on guys does not make you metal and neither does dressing like a woman. It makes you look like a jackass. Also about your other comments, stop trying to preach your gospel bull **** like it is supposed to be accepted because its ridiculous and that is all it is straight up 100% BULL ****

spenser93
06-23-2005, 07:16 PM
good charlotte, people that follow trends.

DemonicRubberDucky
06-23-2005, 07:22 PM

Why NOT! He's only posting the TRUTH! :rolleyes:

DemonicRubberDucky
06-23-2005, 07:23 PM
punk sucks

YOU SUUUCK!!!

RiceMonster
06-23-2005, 07:39 PM
Out of curiousity, is it becuase you stoped caring, or becuase you just gave up?

SoloGuitarHunter666
06-23-2005, 07:42 PM
A poser is someone who has never played a musical instrument a day in their life. Sees a few of his buddies and some kids at school playing the guitar, so they go out and blow $500 on a brand new guitar. Go home, play for 10 minutes and never touch the thing ever again. And then everytime a few guitar buddies are talking about which solos they can play, or which songs they should learn, the guy constantly trys to join in and brag about how they play that song too.

/sigh I know people like this :rolleyes:

Steerpike
06-23-2005, 08:19 PM
Out of curiousity, is it becuase you stoped caring, or becuase you just gave up?

Because I reasoned that it wasn't worth holding a grudge over.

Slaugher Of The Soul
06-23-2005, 09:09 PM
If you wear corpse paint, too many chains, listen to Slipknot/Static-X/Mudvayne/ETC., and label yourself a goth or metal head, you're a poser.

And thats pretty much it I guess... Also if you buy a band shirt but don't know who the **** they are or if you listen to JUST one song, don't know the song title and claim they're one of your favorite bands, you're a poser.

doyle7von7frankenstein7
06-23-2005, 09:15 PM
ok I dont see why everybody is dissing on slipknot, they are probably my favorite band next to SoaD. Now I understand about people wearing slipknot shirts so look "goth", thats just plain retarded. but I have a couple of slipknot shirts that I wear once in a whil e but that shouldnt make me a poser just because I wear there shirts, Hell I have a Pink floyd shirt too that I wear and yes I listen to them. so basically what I'm saying( to all those people who didnt want to read the begginging of my post) is that yes you are a poser if you wear a shirt of a band and you dont even like them but if they are your fav. band it is alright. o yah i almost forgot, Yes punk does suck harcore

people like you make me sick, im bet you cant even name a real punk band, so how can you say it sucks, im going to end my flaming here becasue i cant stand reading your post any longer

Irish_Scorpion
06-23-2005, 09:21 PM
people people....stop argueing...just let the attention whores(posers), do theyre thing, darwin will kill them off, no reason to get so pissy

SRVgod14
06-23-2005, 09:30 PM
A poser is someone who has never played a musical instrument a day in their life. Sees a few of his buddies and some kids at school playing the guitar, so they go out and blow $500 on a brand new guitar. Go home, play for 10 minutes and never touch the thing ever again. And then everytime a few guitar buddies are talking about which solos they can play, or which songs they should learn, the guy constantly trys to join in and brag about how they play that song too.

/sigh I know people like this :rolleyes:

**** Straight thats exactly what i was thinking
i know many fags who do that

SRVgod14
06-23-2005, 09:34 PM
the worst think is when a faggot (as mentioned above) askes you to jam and when you say no they go around saying your afraid to jam with them cause he says hes better. but its funny how people nod their heads in approval when this person says this about you and the the person the fag was talking to comes right to you after and laughs his a$$ off at the queer

James Van Halen
06-24-2005, 12:53 AM
Wow, I just got "put in my place" by somebody with 8 posts. I know you think you're original and a hard ***, but it isn't impressive. For one thing, if they're wearing capris or have a lesbo haircut, it's a good 80% chance that it isn't metal to begin with. If you think that sort of thing is the "metal trend", then you have your genres mixed up.
On a sidenote, most makeup comes from certain types of processed dry mud, and belongs to no specific gender, and if your arguement is simply that makeup belongs to girls simply because they started wearing it first, then you're proving your ignorance without any help from my cynical sarcasm.

Phobophile
06-24-2005, 01:12 AM
If you wear corpse paint, too many chains, listen to Slipknot/Static-X/Mudvayne/ETC., and label yourself a goth or metal head, you're a poser.

/has worn corpse paint before (for my Backyard Wrestling Organization)
/chains? those pants are expensive.I might consider wearing them though
/I like Slipknot.Static-X,and love Mudvayne
/Would consider self a metalhead.Not necessairly label,but it's hard to deny.
/as stated before in this thread,I may listen to them but I also listen to some stuff that are about as extreme and underground as you get.

I am not trying to brag and I am just trying to prove a point.Such vague generalizations as yours do not work.

James Van Halen
06-24-2005, 01:25 AM
I would say a good way to label a poser would be by what they don't listen to, not what they do. But as already stated, there's too many ways to be a poser to name. You just know when someone is.

fallenstar
06-28-2005, 02:12 PM
Thanks to all. I agree with most. But punk is not metal so dont label metal as punk. Posers must DIE!

Shadows Within
06-28-2005, 05:13 PM

thats exactly like what i just posted in anothr thread a kid i was tlaking to on aim was acting just like that and people started calling me as retarted as him

m_Unk_Y
06-28-2005, 05:19 PM
thats exactly like what i just posted in anothr thread a kid i was tlaking to on aim was acting just like that and people started calling me as retarted as him

doesnt have anything to do with the thread...but i like your avatar :thumb:

Shadows Within
06-28-2005, 05:53 PM
doesnt have anything to do with the thread...but i like your avatar :thumb:
thanks :thumb: but it does kinda.....the person i was talking to is like what steerspike said in the first post

Shady Ultima
06-28-2005, 06:22 PM
How is Mudvayne a poser band?I can agree that using Mudvayne using makeup in the early stages was just an attention getter.But their music has always stood out.They don't try to sound like anybody at all.

I totally agree. The music in Mudvayne is very complex. Ryan (Bassist) is simply amazing, and his basslines stand out as some of the best Metal basslines in years. Chad(vox) is a very well-rounded singer, and goes from singing to screaming with seemingly no effort. Matt (drums) is an impressive drummer, who is very creative, and makes his drums fit with the song perfectly. Greg (Guitar) is a great guitarist, and his guitar lines fit perfectly with the singing and the basslines, just completing perfected music. They work hard to create their music, and it is extremely well written.

*Is listening to Lost And Found atm*

tunafish_scumbag
06-28-2005, 06:36 PM
Second, Slipknot can't sell-out since they never really had that much integrity to begin with.

Yes they did. Mate Feed Kill Repeat was a good album. They have funk and jazz mixed in with metal. They got rid of all that when they added like 14 members.

tunafish_scumbag
06-28-2005, 06:40 PM

So people who listen to Good Charlotte are posers? Regardless of what they think of themselves? Interesting.

And I wouldn't say the people who listen to Cradle or Dimmu Borgir and think they are goth are posers. I think they're more ignorant than anything else.

(edit) I just realized you meant Good Charlotte are posers.

Neurotoxin
06-28-2005, 06:49 PM
I can't believe such a stupid thread has so many replies.

Ballsack_AC/DC69
06-28-2005, 07:20 PM
So if you listen to a band that a lot of people listen to, like AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, or Tool when they were very very popular you're a poser.

eCow
06-28-2005, 08:06 PM
Wow, very touchy thread....

Anyways, I'd say a poser is someone who follows the latest musical trend, or someone elses taste just to be cool. It could also work opposite where the kid follows someone elses musical taste to be labled as the odd or different kid...I know to many people like this.

*hopes he doesn't get flamed*

fallenstar
06-29-2005, 09:04 AM
I totally agree. The music in Mudvayne is very complex. Ryan (Bassist) is simply amazing, and his basslines stand out as some of the best Metal basslines in years. Chad(vox) is a very well-rounded singer, and goes from singing to screaming with seemingly no effort. Matt (drums) is an impressive drummer, who is very creative, and makes his drums fit with the song perfectly. Greg (Guitar) is a great guitarist, and his guitar lines fit perfectly with the singing and the basslines, just completing perfected music. They work hard to create their music, and it is extremely well written.

*Is listening to Lost And Found atm*
Mudvayne is not complex they are posers as well.

fallenstar
06-29-2005, 09:05 AM
So if you listen to a band that a lot of people listen to, like AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, or Tool when they were very very popular you're a poser.
Stop being stupid.