PDA

View Full Version : Yorkville XS400t

ridethelightning
06-06-2005, 07:04 PM
http://tinypic.com/5oxh1w

http://yorkville.com/products.asp?type=32&cat=15&id=262 - link to manufactors site.

Yorkville- XS400t

a GREAT combo amp, for a GREAT price.

Features
Tube powered input and overdrive (12AX7A preamp tube)
Footswitchable Tube Overdrive and Effects Loop
Innovative Wet/Dry blend on Tube Overdrive
Wet/Dry blend on the effects loop return
Five band EQ featuring a semi-parametric sweepable mid
Unique 'Variable Contour' scoop function
Pre/Post EQ selectable XLR balanced Tube DI output
Speakon™ and 1/4" extension cabinet outputs
Front panel mute switch for silent tuning with 1/4" tuner out jack
Switchable Limiter at the output stage
Proprietary 'Tweeter Auto Mute' function and bypass switch
2x10" 150 watt Eminence bass drivers and 30 watt tweeter
Available in either black Ultrathane painted cabinet or black Ozite (XS400TC) carpeted versions

the tube preamp is great, i can get awesome overdrive, and some good distortion. and yes, it does give the natural, warm, gooey tube goodness.

Sound:

this thing keeps up with my buddys marshall JCM2000 head, and 4x12 (half stack), plus a loud drummer and rythym guitar. i only have this at 7 on master, a 6 on gain, and 5 on tube drive.

as stated above, you can get great tube sounds out of this. great slap tones, great everything! the scoop control helps mold your tone even further.

i was a little skeptical at first about the 2x10's handling anythign below drop D. but it does it pretty well.

Value:

for a list price of just over 1000CDN, you simply cannot get anything that comes close to the quality of this amp.

the thing is like a tank, it does weigh 86 pounds, but with the 2 great sturdy side handles (like PA speakers) the thing is simple to carry up and down stairs with two people. its do able with one, but dont blow your back out.

Overall:

i have yet to find anything wrong with this amp, it simply amazes me. tons of sound.

9/10

- i am renting it right now for a month, but will most likely buy one this summer, then get a job and add a 15 for superb tone, and max power. but this amp can definately do the job alone. DEFINATELY CHECK THIS OUT! yorkville arent so widely known or talked about, but give them a shot, you wont be disappointed. i sure am not.

Tryxx
06-06-2005, 07:18 PM
*Isn't really Alex*
((Please post a link to any new reviews in the review index))

I do enjoy that amp... Good review.

ridethelightning
06-06-2005, 07:28 PM
its REALLY good.

i mean, its audible agianst a marshall 100watt tube halfstack.great tone, great features. extremely reliable. and yorkvilles come with a 2 year 100% transferrable warranty. even if i break it. there is NO other warranty like that in the business.

its a great amp, and i am going to buy it soon! i suggest everyone check out yorkville. especially this if you are looking for a great GREAT combo amp on a budget, and their xs800h for an amazing head.

blizzard
06-07-2005, 03:03 AM
That amp sounds great and with 15 it will be awesome I hope you can save enough to buy it