PDA

View Full Version : The Trivium Thread, Bitches

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Shred Danson
06-03-2005, 03:10 PM
OK, there's been a whole lot of debate (much like there has been with certain other bands in their genre) over Trivium. Most of the time I hear constant bashing of the band (i.e. "trivium sucks, man", "they're generic") without a little thought to go into it. So I thought I'd pull a podbassist and make me an unofficial Trivium thread where all discussion of the band goes in here. However, I would also like to do a short "Featured Artist"-style write-up on this band and shed some light for those of you who are curious about this band.

Trivium is:

Matt Heafy-Vocals/Lead Guitar
Corey Beaulieu- Lead guitar/backup vocals
Paolo Gregoletto-Bass guitar/backup vocals
Travis Smith- Drums

Trivium formed in 2000 in Florida after the original singer of Trivium saw Heafy perform The Offspring's "Self Esteem" at a high school talent show (Heafy was an admitted pop-punker and nu-metalhead before being converted to the ways of thrash metal). The original singer parted ways with the band after a few gigs, and Heafy became the frontman and lead singer. Trivium had underwent many lineup changes, and ended up with Beaulieu and Gregoletto. Gregoletto had previously jammed with Nicko McBrain of Iron Maiden.

Trivium self-released a 7-song demo in 2003 and was signed by German-based independant label Lifeforce records shortly thereafter to release Ember to Inferno, a brutal attack with a mix of metalcore, thrash, and melodic death metal. Ember to Inferno featured beautiful acoustic instrumentals, breakneck-speed guitars, and melodic, dual guitar solos that strive to bring back the days of Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. Technical flare is a strong presence in each song, and it shows that Trivium is about true musicianship, a great quality in a band if you ask me.

In 2004, Trivium released the demo song, "Like Light to The Flies" to be released on the Headbangers Ball Vol.2 compilation disc. Needless to say, the song was a hit, as they were quickly signed to Roadrunner Records and released their major label debut, Ascendancy in March, 2005. It's safe to say that Trivium is establishing themselves as a top metalband with this record. Ascendancy is one of the strongest efforts to be put out this year. It is kind of a departure for the band, as it is filled with more clean singing and melodic passages than usual. Still, the dueling guitars are a dominating prescence throughout the record.

As Trivium's population grows, things will only get much bigger for this band. They are touring on Ozzfest this year, you defenitely don't want to miss out on seeing them.

Discography:

Demo

Trivium (demo)-2003
Ember to Inferno-2003
Ascendancy-2005

Bibliography:

www.metal-archives.com
www.triviumworld.com
Guitar World
Music Choice ( :p )

Now go along and discuss! Just remember: No spamming and no excessive flaming of the band. This is a Trivium thread for Trivium fans. We don't care if you hate them.

Have fun!

-ICB

clearvision
06-03-2005, 03:17 PM
First Post!

Pull harder on the strings is pretty cool...

I have ascendancy, nothing to be shouting about IMO...sound slike most other metalcore...

Though the basissts hair movement in the vid to pull harder is amazing

Nice thread!

Shred Danson
06-03-2005, 03:24 PM
I think that's the lead guitarist you're talkin' about, dude :lol: he's the only one with long hair in the band. Ascendancy, to me, was Trivium's equivalent to "Ride The Lightning". You know, letting everyone in the music industry know "this is who we are, this is what we do and we do it damn good".

GenuineImitation
06-03-2005, 03:27 PM
I really like the band. I have heard several songs like My Hatred, Fugue and Like Light to flys. My Hatred is my favorite. I plan on getting both Ascendancy and Ember to Inferno once I get some cash.

koRnymetallica
06-03-2005, 03:57 PM
I like them, but I didn't like them the first time I heard them. I only have Ascendancy, and I heard that From Embers... is nothing special.

Adam Jones is GOD
06-03-2005, 04:01 PM
Im currently awaiting some nudge to get me to buy Ascendancy. 'Like Light To Flies' is one of my favourite songs i've heard this year, and Pull harder... is playing well with my ears.

However, i fear they may just be blips on a generic record.

clearvision
06-03-2005, 04:16 PM
i'll upload the trepidation song everyone loves for ya AJIG :)

FlyingPaul_83
06-03-2005, 04:27 PM
I'll upload like light to the flies music video

clearvision
06-03-2005, 04:38 PM
http://s4.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2OH3NIT7CCSCN1DUKSYLVM2MSZ

Gunshot to the head of trepidation

Anyone that wants to make me an avatar with the guitarists hair movement will be loved forever.

Adam Jones is GOD
06-03-2005, 04:38 PM
Both good. Although im guessing seeing them at download will be the clincher as to if I proceed further

FlyingPaul_83
06-03-2005, 04:52 PM
http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=28U3PPSOFGN1E0O6D524QHJO7G

like light to the flies music video :thumb:

KittensInMicrowaves
06-03-2005, 05:01 PM
OK, there's been a whole lot of debate (much like there has been with certain other bands in their genre) over Trivium. Most of the time I hear constant bashing of the band (i.e. "trivium sucks, man", "they're generic") without a little thought to go into it. So I thought I'd pull a podbassist and make me an unofficial Trivium thread where all discussion of the band goes in here. However, I would also like to do a short "Featured Artist"-style write-up on this band and shed some light for those of you who are curious about this band.

Trivium is:

Matt Heafy-Vocals/Lead Guitar
Corey Beaulieu- Lead guitar/backup vocals
Paolo Gregoletto-Bass guitar/backup vocals
Travis Smith- Drums

Trivium formed in 2000 in Florida after the original singer of Trivium saw Heafy perform The Offspring's "Self Esteem" at a high school talent show (Heafy was an admitted pop-punker and nu-metalhead before being converted to the ways of thrash metal). The original singer parted ways with the band after a few gigs, and Heafy became the frontman and lead singer. Trivium had underwent many lineup changes, and ended up with Beaulieu and Gregoletto. Gregoletto had previously jammed with Nicko McBrain of Iron Maiden.

Trivium self-released a 7-song demo in 2003 and was signed by German-based independant label Lifeforce records shortly thereafter to release Ember to Inferno, a brutal attack with a mix of metalcore, thrash, and melodic death metal. Ember to Inferno featured beautiful acoustic instrumentals, breakneck-speed guitars, and melodic, dual guitar solos that strive to bring back the days of Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. Technical flare is a strong presence in each song, and it shows that Trivium is about true musicianship, a great quality in a band if you ask me.

In 2004, Trivium released the demo song, "Like Light to The Flies" to be released on the Headbangers Ball Vol.2 compilation disc. Needless to say, the song was a hit, as they were quickly signed to Roadrunner Records and released their major label debut, Ascendancy in March, 2005. It's safe to say that Trivium is establishing themselves as a top metalband with this record. Ascendancy is one of the strongest efforts to be put out this year. It is kind of a departure for the band, as it is filled with more clean singing and melodic passages than usual. Still, the dueling guitars are a dominating prescence throughout the record.

As Trivium's population grows, things will only get much bigger for this band. They are touring on Ozzfest this year, you defenitely don't want to miss out on seeing them.

Discography:

Demo

Trivium (demo)-2003
Ember to Inferno-2003
Ascendancy-2005

Bibliography:

www.metal-archives.com
www.triviumworld.com
Guitar World
Music Choice ( :p )

Now go along and discuss! Just remember: No spamming and no excessive flaming of the band. This is a Trivium thread for Trivium fans. We don't care if you hate them.

Have fun!

-ICB

OK good I'll stick with this thread, but the other one was going OK.... these guys are incredible, anybody who doesn't like them just hasn't listened, anybody who says they are generic hasn't listened or has just heard "Like Light to Flies". Ascendancy IMO is considerably heavier than From Ember to Inferno, which, if anything, I would tag with the more generic metalcore label. They went to a far thrashier and heavier sound in Ascendancy, while simlutaneously adding even more melodic and catchy passages. If that makes sense

:p

spankyoplank
06-03-2005, 05:27 PM
I've got to agree. I'm extremely skeptical of most music but when i heard this band i really thought that they were worth listening to and the guitatist kicks ***, i play bass but i can still see who ace that guy is. Even my closed minded Steve Vai warped friend admitted he was good (acheivement i tell you).

Alive
06-03-2005, 05:38 PM
I saw them live a few weeks ago. It was so intense. Simply amazing. Their lead wasn't turned up loud enough though. Still amazing though. They played Master Of Puppets at the end. That and Pull Harder were the highlights.

Ænigma
06-03-2005, 05:47 PM
Trivium is a great band, I mean there nothing special but still there awesome I mean the Ascendancy album is really awesome has alot of stuff an album should.

Manticore Guy
06-03-2005, 06:23 PM
upload of Ascendancy maybe? just wondering
iTunes compadible mp3s or wma :thumb: if u do

sonicst0rm
06-03-2005, 06:39 PM
wohoo i love trivium

Torrent:
http://torrentspy.com/search.asp?mode=torrentdetails&id=290020

SomeGuySomewhere
06-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Trivium for me is a metalcore/neo thrash band that sticks out in my mind. I think a big reason people don't like them is because of Matt Heafy's vocals, which IMO, do suck at first, but you after a while, you begin to acquire a taste for it, kind of like Dave Mustaine's voice. However, Ascendancy is a strong album, and personally it's going to be on my top 10 album list for this year.

Paranoidd
06-03-2005, 07:11 PM
I don't mind them, cool guitar work.

Shattered_Future
06-03-2005, 07:17 PM
I heard Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr...and i liked it.

However, im skeptical about getting this...i dunno if all the other songs will live up to my expectations.

FlyingPaul_83
06-03-2005, 07:31 PM

However, im skeptical about getting this...i dunno if all the other songs will live up to my expectations.

listen to ascendency or like light to the flies, they will live up to your expectations

Manticore Guy
06-03-2005, 08:37 PM
How do you listen to that torrent thingy?

BuddyBigsby
06-03-2005, 08:38 PM
Capharnaum >

KittensInMicrowaves
06-03-2005, 10:44 PM

The whole album is real solid.... only one song I wasn't fond of at first (Dying in Your Arms), but I think they wrote that just to prove they could write a great radio song if they wanted to

clearvision
06-04-2005, 08:23 AM
Is the shouting chorus to pull harder really 'pull, harder, strings, martyr'?

Thats what i hear :lol:

...i checked lyrics, it is lol.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Is the shouting chorus to pull harder really 'pull, harder, strings, martyr'?

Thats what i hear :lol:

...i checked lyrics, it is lol.

I happen to enjoy their lyrics.... very thoughtful and poetic

clearvision
06-04-2005, 09:40 AM
I only singled out that part...

I was listening and i was like :eek: that's ridiculous, sureley they didn't...

Just repeated the longer words in the song title :confused:

I ahven't looked into their other lyrics...

KittensInMicrowaves
06-04-2005, 10:42 AM
I only singled out that part...

I was listening and i was like :eek: that's ridiculous, sureley they didn't...

Just repeated the longer words in the song title :confused:

I ahven't looked into their other lyrics...

Yeah lyrically, not one of their strongest songs, but goddam if I don't love yelling out that chorus line, it pumps me up to the max hearing that

If you watch the video for that song, Matt Heafy looks like he's gonna bust a blood vessel in his brain, he screams that so hard

andy89
06-04-2005, 11:04 AM
Are trivium actually the coolest band around? I haven't heard much but from what i have heard they are the coolest band ever. I hate living on the isle of man ( in between england and Ireland ) as we have one music shop which is HMV and its tiny so they don't have bands like trivium in stock, which means internet ordering and it takes like a month to get here but I think its worth the wait.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-05-2005, 02:03 PM
Are trivium actually the coolest band around? I haven't heard much but from what i have heard they are the coolest band ever. I hate living on the isle of man ( in between england and Ireland ) as we have one music shop which is HMV and its tiny so they don't have bands like trivium in stock, which means internet ordering and it takes like a month to get here but I think its worth the wait.

Coolest depends on who you talk to, but one of the most talented young bands? Definitely! And sure, they seem like pretty chill guys, only one of them looks like the stereotypical metalhead, but they sure play the hell out of their instruments. Order Ascendancy, you will enjoy

:thumb:

FlyingPaul_83
06-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Ascendancy is my new favorite song of all time

\m/Pete\m/
06-05-2005, 04:16 PM
Finally...People who actually appreciate this band. I suggest that you all listen to the song Suffocating Sight.

Simply amazing

Endless Obsession
06-05-2005, 04:32 PM
They are soo good. There singer is barely 19, he cant even drink in the US. They are for sure one of my favorite bands. And get this..They have melody!

KittensInMicrowaves
06-05-2005, 04:46 PM
Ascendancy is my new favorite song of all time

Yeah that song has so many good riffs.... the chorus is great too

StandingStill
06-05-2005, 05:57 PM
The bassist tried to get my mate to give him a blowjob. She hit him, which was funny. Good band though, was very impressed with the live show, very tight indeed.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-05-2005, 06:10 PM
The bassist tried to get my mate to give him a blowjob. She hit him, which was funny. Good band though, was very impressed with the live show, very tight indeed.

:lol: :lol:

Their bassist does look like a bit of a pretty boy... funny story dude

Shred Danson
06-06-2005, 09:54 AM
Ember to Inferno was rel-released with 3 bonus tracks, including a Slayer cover, I do believe. It's worth checkin' out if y'all can't find the original.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-06-2005, 09:59 AM
Ember to Inferno was rel-released with 3 bonus tracks, including a Slayer cover, I do believe. It's worth checkin' out if y'all can't find the original.

I have the bonus, it includes The Deceived (from Ascendancy), some other unreleased song that songs like it would have been off of Ascendancy, and Demon (from the demo). Is this the one you're talking about?

Shred Danson
06-06-2005, 10:06 AM
I believe it is. I don't have it; I have the original but my friend let me listen to it. I guess he bought that along with Ascendancy.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-06-2005, 10:09 AM
The one song is friggin awesome, track 13. I forget the name, I'll check it when I get home. Deceived you've heard, and the song from their demo (while pretty brutal, no clean vox), isn't very good. Its actually heading towards death metal territory, which makes sense seeing as how Matt Heafy is in a death metal band, Capharnaum

Biohazard\m/
06-06-2005, 10:07 PM
My favorite song is off of their first cd, Ember to Inferno. The song Falling to Grey is just amazing. I'm kindve tired of people comparing them to Metallica.
Metallica doesnt deserve compliments like that. :thumb:

KittensInMicrowaves
06-06-2005, 10:19 PM
My favorite song is off of their first cd, Ember to Inferno. The song Falling to Grey is just amazing. I'm kindve tired of people comparing them to Metallica.
Metallica doesnt deserve compliments like that. :thumb:

I'll give a quick comparison IMO, obviously Metallica still is one of the legends of thrash (for three albums at least) and brought metal to the mainstream more than any other band

Vocals: slight advantage Trivium, Hetfield's voice is classic sure, but he doesn't do much with it, he sings great, but his growl is tame (although at the time it sounded fierce), and lately the vox have been awful. Heafy is incredible, he has the best metalcore growl I've ever heard, very powerful, and he can sing melodically or fiercely (a la Hetfield)

Guitars: slight advantage Metallica, Hammett's soloing is legendary and Metallica has some of the best thrash licks ever written. Trivium uses dual lead more effectively as well as more melodic with their guitars, and can generally play as fast as Metallica

Bass: push, Cliff was great, but Newsted was only so-so, trivium doesn't feature their bass playing a whole lot, neither band emphasizes it

Lyrics: push, Metallica has had many more songs to win this portion but Trivium's ETI was an amazing concept album with poetic lyrics. Metallica dealt more with gov't although lyrics on past three albums have been awful. Trivium has better song titles

Drums: BIG advantage Trivium. Lars sucks and I never thought he gave the band any edge with his drumming. Travis is incredibly fast with his double bass and his presence is always felt in Trivium's music

So, slight edge to Trivium although it is tough to compare because Metallica has so much more material and historical relevance, and their new stuff is god awful. Let's hope Trivium stays strong, I think they are only getting better

Shred Danson
06-07-2005, 10:01 AM
I actually see some slight similarities to Hetfield's voice in some Trivium songs.

Shadius
06-07-2005, 10:41 AM
Instruments great, besides bass, which didn't seem to do much. Vocals, I dislike, the cleans were good though. I'll put on Dying in your arms or Like Light to the flies every so often.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-07-2005, 12:54 PM
I actually see some slight similarities to Hetfield's voice in some Trivium songs.

Yeah most notably in the chorus of "pull harder".....

6Stringer
06-07-2005, 01:17 PM
I'm trying to get into Trivium what are some good songs to check out?

Shred Danson
06-07-2005, 02:45 PM
I'm trying to get into Trivium what are some good songs to check out?

"Falling to Grey", "A Gunshot to The Head of Trepidation", "Requiem" and "Drowned and Torn Asunder" are pretty good songs to get introduced to Trivium by.

Faith No Doubt
06-07-2005, 02:51 PM
I like Trivium, I need to get their latest album.

Shred Danson
06-07-2005, 02:55 PM
I like Trivium, I need to get their latest album.

I implore you to shell out the 15 bucks to buy Ascendancy. Today.

Detuned0
06-07-2005, 03:21 PM
What is so good about them? I'm sorry but I have trouble separating them from the rest of the bands of today. They sound very generic and the vocals to me suck.

Shattered_Future
06-07-2005, 03:23 PM
What is so good about them? I'm sorry but I have trouble separating them from the rest of the bands of today. They sound very generic and the vocals to me suck.

Yea, i think the weakest part of the band are the vocals...

However, they do write some decent solos...

Detuned0
06-07-2005, 03:27 PM
I don't understand lots of these metal bands everyone is drooling over, they are pretty good sounding but have the worst vocals ever like In Flames or Lamb Of God.

Arucard
06-07-2005, 03:28 PM
I take it you are a fan of clean vocals?

Shred Danson
06-07-2005, 03:29 PM
I don't understand lots of these metal bands everyone is drooling over, they are pretty good sounding but have the worst vocals ever like In Flames or Lamb Of God.

That's nice and all, but don't come in here bitching about it, dude. Because most of us don't give a shit.

Detuned0
06-07-2005, 03:30 PM
I take it you are a fan of clean vocals?

No, it's just that there is no distinction between them they all sound the same.

Arucard
06-07-2005, 03:33 PM
That's nice and all, but don't come in here bitching about it, dude. Because none of us don't give a shit.

fixd.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-07-2005, 03:56 PM
No, it's just that there is no distinction between them they all sound the same.

Ever hear thrash or death dude? Some of those bands don't sound the same??? Find another thread buddy......

:evil:

FlyingPaul_83
06-07-2005, 03:56 PM
The breakdown in suffocating sight just gave me an orgasm.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-07-2005, 03:57 PM

They sound very different to me, just because they do growled verses and clean vox doesn't mean they can't sound different... they do plenty of other stuff in their music to differentiate.

Rothmans
06-07-2005, 03:58 PM
I am actually starting to get into trivium all that I have heard is pretty good I might go out and buy there cd and kittens where have you been of late?

FlyingPaul_83
06-07-2005, 04:00 PM
They sound very different to me, just because they do growled verses and clean vox doesn't mean they can't sound different... they do plenty of other stuff in their music to differentiate.

you're one post away from satan. :evil:

when did ascendency come out?

KittensInMicrowaves
06-07-2005, 09:53 PM

me satan? i'm confused......

FlyingPaul_83
06-07-2005, 11:46 PM
When i posted that, you had 665 posts,but now you have 667, so your not satan anymore.

has anybody everseen them live?

StandingStill
06-08-2005, 01:18 AM
Yup. They were great.

JeffDiablo
06-08-2005, 01:21 AM

Ascendency came out a couple of months ago. Good album. I like the fact Trivium is young with plenty of room to grow as song writers and musicians.

superdigg
06-08-2005, 05:14 AM
haven't heard anything from them, would someone mind recommending some of their more thrashy, but still quite accessible songs?

Wish
06-08-2005, 05:22 AM
March 14 in the UK.

When i posted that, you had 665 posts,but now you have 667, so your not satan anymore.

has anybody everseen them live?
I'm going to see them at Download at the weekend.

I just downloaded 'A Gunshot To The Head Of Trepidation' from the YSI link, and it's like 50 seconds into the song, and I'm already impressed.

EDIT: WOW! The guitar solo is very good.

The_shotgun_message
06-08-2005, 05:22 AM
me satan? i'm confused......
I think its cos u almost had 666 posts now u hav 667

superdigg
06-08-2005, 05:33 AM
fixd.
well, actually, you used a double negative.

That's nice and all, but don't come in here bitching about it, dude. Because allof us don't give a ****.
OR

That's nice and all, but don't come in here bitching about it, dude. Because none of us give a ****.
grammar fix'd! :cool:

:upset:

PeEpHoLe_10
06-08-2005, 07:27 AM
I heard a couple of their songs the other day. They werent to bad actually. Definatley talented and all, but i dont really think they are that much different from alot of other metal bands today.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-08-2005, 09:22 AM
haven't heard anything from them, would someone mind recommending some of their more thrashy, but still quite accessible songs?

Thrashy songs

Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr
Departure
Rain
My Hatred

all great songs

Shred Danson
06-08-2005, 10:00 AM
well, actually, you used a double negative.

OR

grammar fix'd! :cool:

:upset:

:lol:

I just downloaded 'A Gunshot To The Head Of Trepidation' from the YSI link, and it's like 50 seconds into the song, and I'm already impressed.

Yeah, it's definetely one of their best tracks. Reminds me a little bit of Megadeth and Michael Amott towards the end.

Wish
06-08-2005, 10:07 AM
Yeah, it's definetely one of their best tracks. Reminds me a little bit of Megadeth and Michael Amott towards the end.
Yeah, but to be honest, I'm not completly sure about that chant typed thing after the solo.

Shred Danson
06-08-2005, 10:08 AM
Yeah, but to be honest, I'm not completly sure about that chant typed thing after the solo.

(Metallica throwback)

Wish
06-08-2005, 10:09 AM
Oh.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-08-2005, 10:11 AM

Oh come on, the chant is great! Plus, it leads to the best chorus on the whole album IMO.... that just gets me so pumped up to punch people and break things

Shred Danson
06-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Oh come on, the chant is great! Plus, it leads to the best chorus on the whole album IMO.... that just gets me so pumped up to punch people and break things

Yeah, the whole song gives me chills. And you know a song is great when it gives you chills.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-09-2005, 10:22 PM
My new fave Trivium song:

"Blinding Tears Will Break the Skies"

It is one of the bonus tracks on ETI. Anyone heard it? Maybe I can load it up if someone tells me how to do it....

Huber
06-09-2005, 11:08 PM
http://www.yousendit.com

MetalMan
06-10-2005, 02:34 AM
They are freakin awesome. I have Ascendancy and Ember to Inferno. They are both amazing cds IMO.

Carn
06-10-2005, 07:00 AM
Saw them play last night in Amsterdam. Great band, excellent musicians. We did an interview with Corey (guitars), he told us that the next record will try to get away from the typical metalcore cliche vocals and breakdowns, and have more technical/proggy playing. Anyway, I also saw Trivium at rock am ring a week ago and they were playing great there as well. Definitly one of the more talented bands out there imho.

JACK!
06-10-2005, 07:06 AM
I just saw a Trivium video on TV while I was eating lunch. One question, does the singer have rickets or does he just refuse to stand up straight?

Carn
06-10-2005, 08:06 AM
hehe..its probably his "stage pose"..we tried to give them a shirt from our website but he was like "no sorry man, we have "stage outfits", hehe.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-10-2005, 09:06 AM
I just saw a Trivium video on TV while I was eating lunch. One question, does the singer have rickets or does he just refuse to stand up straight?

I think his crouch is an attempt to mimic Hetfield.... the way he holds the guitar reminds me of James

KittensInMicrowaves
06-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Saw them play last night in Amsterdam. Great band, excellent musicians. We did an interview with Corey (guitars), he told us that the next record will try to get away from the typical metalcore cliche vocals and breakdowns, and have more technical/proggy playing. Anyway, I also saw Trivium at rock am ring a week ago and they were playing great there as well. Definitly one of the more talented bands out there imho.

That's great that they are going to try to be more technical, I would hate it if this band sold out and made more mainstream music

davestar
06-10-2005, 09:23 AM

good to hear. "metalcore choruses" come off much better when they're used sparingly.

Shred Danson
06-10-2005, 10:12 AM
That's great that they are going to try to be more technical, I would hate it if this band sold out and made more mainstream music

Shit, that would be an even bigger parallel to Metallica :lol: In all fairness, I don't think Trivium is the kind of band that's going to get shoe endorsements and shit.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-10-2005, 10:22 AM
Shit, that would be an even bigger parallel to Metallica :lol: In all fairness, I don't think Trivium is the kind of band that's going to get shoe endorsements and shit.

Haha definitely not, have you heard that song I mentioned dude?

Shred Danson
06-10-2005, 10:23 AM
I probably have, which track is it?

KittensInMicrowaves
06-10-2005, 11:15 AM
I probably have, which track is it?

It is track 13 on ETI, only if you have the bonus edition.....

It sounds like a mix between something that would be on Ascendancy and something that would be on ETI

Shred Danson
06-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Oh yeah, I only heard, like 30 seconds of it, then I skipped to track 15 :p

FlyingPaul_83
06-10-2005, 11:24 AM
It is track 13 on ETI, only if you have the bonus edition.....

It sounds like a mix between something that would be on Ascendancy and something that would be on ETI

can you upload it with http://www.yousendit.com?

Triangle
06-10-2005, 11:26 AM
I second that. :)

KittensInMicrowaves
06-10-2005, 12:18 PM

I'll do it when I get home from work at 6:30 EST

You guys are gonna love it!

Endless Obsession
06-10-2005, 03:47 PM
Wtf i didnt know Mat Heafy was born in Japan. U can kinda tell though.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-10-2005, 10:06 PM
Here is the song gentleman, enjoy!!!!

Blinding Tears Will Break the Skies (http://s43.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=11C0R1MLYFPEF0INYKEDFY2RY8)

Feedback please!!!

KittensInMicrowaves
06-10-2005, 10:15 PM
BUMP

And another song from ETI

Falling to Grey (http://http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0XRCCC0M5O1M32KKRCIPEDL2O8 )

Great song, classic stuff

Endless Obsession
06-10-2005, 10:18 PM
BUMP

And another song from ETI

Falling to Grey (http://http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0XRCCC0M5O1M32KKRCIPEDL2O8 )

Great song, classic stuff

Broken link.

FlyingPaul_83
06-10-2005, 10:21 PM
Downloading....That's awesome, it doesn't seem like it should be on ETI. It fits more with the songs from ascendency.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-11-2005, 01:53 PM
Downloading....That's awesome, it doesn't seem like it should be on ETI. It fits more with the songs from ascendency.

Yeah great song, I love the pre-chorus with the backing vocals, killer

KittensInMicrowaves
06-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Falling to Grey (http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0XRCCC0M5O1M32KKRCIPEDL2O8)

This one should work!

cliff solos for all
06-11-2005, 03:25 PM
there so ****ing savage

Jon
06-11-2005, 04:13 PM
I'm seeing them on Monday for free.

Carn
06-11-2005, 04:15 PM
I saw them twice for free. :rolleyes:

FatalLiquidation
06-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Any one have the names for the bonus tracks on ETI? For some reason I can't find the names for them.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-11-2005, 05:27 PM
Any one have the names for the bonus tracks on ETI? For some reason I can't find the names for them.

Blinding Tears Will Break the Skies (previously unreleased)
The Deceived (later put on Ascendancy)
Demon (from their demo)

FlyingPaul_83
06-12-2005, 01:18 PM
I'll upload the pull harder on your strings martyr video :thumb:

cliff solos for all
06-12-2005, 01:20 PM
its savage isnt it

FlyingPaul_83
06-12-2005, 01:41 PM
here we go. It kind of looks like matt heafy is wearing make-up in a couple of parts.

http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1OX8ST1J5XMXK1CPMPAZG40ELR

Shred Danson
06-13-2005, 12:06 PM
here we go. It kind of looks like matt heafy is wearing make-up in a couple of parts.

http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1OX8ST1J5XMXK1CPMPAZG40ELR

bump

What the hell?

clearvision
06-13-2005, 12:09 PM
Somebody make an avatar of the guitarists cool hair thing...in pull harder

I will <3 you.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-13-2005, 07:02 PM
Yeah Corey goes crazy in that video.... love the hair thing

Heafy looks positively possessed when he screams, the guy is a monster

FlyingPaul_83
06-13-2005, 07:17 PM
bump

What the hell?

what?

Are you confused by the guy in the mud, and how he walks away at the of the video?

oh and did they get a new bassist? The reason I ask is because in the like light to flies video the bassist looks nothing like in the pull harder video.

White Goodman
06-13-2005, 07:28 PM
I listened to Pull Harder on your Strings Martyr and at first I wasn't impressed. But I had seen this thread started and I had heard all this hype about them so I thought I would give them another chance. I dled a few songs off Limewire and now all I can say is wow. I'm really glad I give this band another shot. Great thread btw.

FlyingPaul_83
06-13-2005, 07:31 PM
I listened to Pull Harder on your Strings Martyr and at first I wasn't impressed. But I had seen this thread started and I had heard all this hype about them so I thought I would give them another chance. I dled a few songs off Limewire and now all I can say is wow. I'm really glad I give this band another shot. Great thread btw.

I orgasm everytime i hear the part at 2:17and on on pull harder on your strings martyr. What songs did you get?

White Goodman
06-13-2005, 07:34 PM
I orgasm everytime i hear the part at 2:17and on on pull harder on your strings martyr. What songs did you get?

I redownloaded Pull Harder on your strings martyr then DLed Ascendancy (the song not the entire album, although I would love the whole album, if anyone has it ;) ), Failing to Grey, A Gunshot to the head of trepidation, Requiem, Ember to Inferno. Good band, quite impressed by them.

edit: Falling to Grey, sorry I don't have contacts in right now

Shattered_Future
06-13-2005, 07:51 PM
I redownloaded Pull Harder on your strings martyr then DLed Ascendancy (the song not the entire album, although I would love the whole album, if anyone has it ;) ), Failing to Grey, A Gunshot to the head of trepidation, Requiem, Ember to Inferno. Good band, quite impressed by them.

edit: Falling to Grey, sorry I don't have contacts in right now

I second this man's request for the album Ascendency.

White Goodman
06-13-2005, 07:53 PM

I gotta admit, I put that request in a very clever way.

Shattered_Future
06-13-2005, 07:56 PM
I gotta admit, I put that request in a very clever way.

Yea, its almost like a subliminal message...

On a side note, does anybody think Trivium's vocals are the weakest part of the band? I think their singer's metalcore growls/screams/whatever don't seem to set them apart from other bands in the genre.

However, his singing voice is decent, i will give him that.

FlyingPaul_83
06-13-2005, 08:08 PM

On a side note, does anybody think Trivium's vocals are the weakest part of the band? I think their singer's metalcore growls/screams/whatever don't seem to set them apart from other bands in the genre.

I like it more than most other growl vocals, but if the excluded those growl vocals they would still be a great band(maybe even better). I think his clean vocals are very good.

Trivium
06-13-2005, 08:18 PM
His clean vocals are amazing, normally I just fast foward through the first 2 minutes of like light to the flies, the rest is amazing, he has a great voice and the solos rock.

Since I guess this is the "official" thread ill post what I had in another thread here

Trivium, yeah they are amazing, and Ascendacy beats anything metallica has done since the early 90's, If Trivium can pump out a few albums better than what they currently have, they'll be at the top of the metal scene. The solos are amazing, especially in Like light to the flies and Pull harder on the strings of your Martyr.

And of course their "fade to black" equivilant, Dying in Your Arms is also amazing.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-13-2005, 09:04 PM
His clean vocals are amazing, normally I just fast foward through the first 2 minutes of like light to the flies, the rest is amazing, he has a great voice and the solos rock.

Since I guess this is the "official" thread ill post what I had in another thread here

Trivium, yeah they are amazing, and Ascendacy beats anything metallica has done since the early 90's, If Trivium can pump out a few albums better than what they currently have, they'll be at the top of the metal scene. The solos are amazing, especially in Like light to the flies and Pull harder on the strings of your Martyr.

And of course their "fade to black" equivilant, Dying in Your Arms is also amazing.

I wanted to hate this song because it doesn't fit the style of the rest of their stuff but I couldn't, it is just so **** catchy, almost like Trivium saying "we could put out stuff that would top the Billboard charts too, but we just really don't want to, so screw all of you"

KittensInMicrowaves
06-13-2005, 09:06 PM

He pretty much only growls, he doesn't go to a high pitched scream like other metalcore acts... I think his growl is a hell of a lot deeper than most metalcore acts

I like when he occasionally does the half sing/half growl like in the insane middle part of "Departure"

KittensInMicrowaves
06-13-2005, 09:35 PM
two lesser known songs from Ascendancy

Trivium - Declaration (http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1JN5QGVVMT2P832RXBLYIAJ1T2)

Trivium - Departure (http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=37Q1DLE99BNIZ3R99W75HAJDRJ)

These songs are masterpieces, the thrash part in the middle of Departure is nothing short of insane, the death metal riff that comes in at :16 of Declaration is classic

FlyingPaul_83
06-13-2005, 10:00 PM
in an interview with guitar world, Matt heafy said that declaration best represents trivium.
"It's got a little bit of everything that is Trivium: parts that are fast and angry, and others that are sloew and melancholic; elements of foreshadowing and irony; and best of all, constantly moving juxtaposition."

juxtaposition-To place side by side, especially for comparison or contrast.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-14-2005, 10:45 AM
in an interview with guitar world, Matt heafy said that declaration best represents trivium.
"It's got a little bit of everything that is Trivium: parts that are fast and angry, and others that are sloew and melancholic; elements of foreshadowing and irony; and best of all, constantly moving juxtaposition."

juxtaposition-To place side by side, especially for comparison or contrast.

Yeah one of my faves by them definitely, love the crushing thrash riff that closes out the song and album

Shred Danson
06-14-2005, 10:46 AM
That song comes a close second to "A Gunshot to The Head of Trepidation" on my list of favorite Trivium songs.

Jon
06-14-2005, 10:54 AM
I saw Trivium last night. They were pretty shitty really.

After the show I saw a few of the guys outside but went to get some water instead :)

KittensInMicrowaves
06-14-2005, 03:15 PM
I saw Trivium last night. They were pretty shitty really.

After the show I saw a few of the guys outside but went to get some water instead :)

Yeah OK better than the cr*p you listen to..... f*ggot hair metal, go put on some leather pants

Jon
06-14-2005, 03:45 PM
oh god an opinon on the internet, what next.

StandingStill
06-14-2005, 04:53 PM
I tend to think opinions in band threads should be more than 'they are ****' really. That kind of comment doesn't really lend itself to a interesting discussion now does it?

Corkofski
06-14-2005, 05:34 PM
Trivium are amazing, saw em live about a month ago, have travises drumstick on my wall... these guys are going places...

KittensInMicrowaves
06-14-2005, 10:25 PM
I tend to think opinions in band threads should be more than 'they are ****' really. That kind of comment doesn't really lend itself to a interesting discussion now does it?

Yeah, plus if you're into glam/hair metal, of course you would hate Trivium, why even go on the thread in the first place?

FlyingPaul_83
06-15-2005, 12:02 AM

hold on. I shall upload it. :thumb:

FlyingPaul_83
06-15-2005, 12:05 AM
A gun shot to the head of trepidation
http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1SXQ9LWQ8QXE63DR4753DODQ5R

Ascendancy:
http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1H9L4PVAVTZJ30RXB1ED78O5JQ

Declaration:
http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1LQQAAKMNEC6R3GYCGXV45SBPQ

Departure:
http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0BDH5YVAFQC6N0A9JK9ZED85K1

Drowned and torn asunder:
http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2J6GX5U7ERN7R03KJPVE5PZMPJ

Dying in your arms:
http://s14.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3TBWEITNP2CFA169EUG7MF8X5G

Like light to the flies:
http://s14.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3GWNU3B7WR86D2BK8G1L87RWXI

Rain:
http://s18.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=30RTE11GS46C221V3TX096OD61

Suffocating Sight:
http://s18.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=06AV09EJSJFDG2X64BL9LVMTNA

The Decieved:
http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=08VTJPVXZI4ZX3MKL58NIP6RF9

The End of Everything:
http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0VVXOSDG9CBWH3J6673R8GTO0T

Pull harder on the strings of your martyr:
http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=37DBKK8E9VTDL2L7TIDR44Q2M7

well, here is the album Ascendancy. A damm good album.

This is the order of the CD:
1. The end of everything
2.Rain
3.Pull harder on the strings of your martyr
4.Drowned and torn asunder
5.Ascendancy
6.A gun shot to the head of trepidation
7.Like light to the flies
8.Dying in your arms
9. The decieved
10.Suffocating sight
11. Departure
12.Declaration.

\m/ :thumb:

KittensInMicrowaves
06-15-2005, 09:25 AM
Gotta love the Internet, free music for all!!!!

But chekc em out, Shattered, hopefully you'll like

Shattered_Future
06-15-2005, 09:39 AM
A gun shot to the head of trepidation
http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1SXQ9LWQ8QXE63DR4753DODQ5R

Ascendancy:
http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1H9L4PVAVTZJ30RXB1ED78O5JQ

Declaration:
http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1LQQAAKMNEC6R3GYCGXV45SBPQ

Departure:
http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0BDH5YVAFQC6N0A9JK9ZED85K1

Drowned and torn asunder:
http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2J6GX5U7ERN7R03KJPVE5PZMPJ

Dying in your arms:
http://s14.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3TBWEITNP2CFA169EUG7MF8X5G

Like light to the flies:
http://s14.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3GWNU3B7WR86D2BK8G1L87RWXI

Rain:
http://s18.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=30RTE11GS46C221V3TX096OD61

Suffocating Sight:
http://s18.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=06AV09EJSJFDG2X64BL9LVMTNA

The Decieved:
http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=08VTJPVXZI4ZX3MKL58NIP6RF9

The End of Everything:
http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0VVXOSDG9CBWH3J6673R8GTO0T

Pull harder on the strings of your martyr:
http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=37DBKK8E9VTDL2L7TIDR44Q2M7

well, here is the album Ascendancy. A damm good album.

This is the order of the CD:
1. The end of everything
2.Rain
3.Pull harder on the strings of your martyr
4.Drowned and torn asunder
5.Ascendancy
6.A gun shot to the head of trepidation
7.Like light to the flies
8.Dying in your arms
9. The decieved
10.Suffocating sight
11. Departure
12.Declaration.

\m/ :thumb:

You officially rock. :cool:
Thanks a bunch.

Jon
06-15-2005, 09:54 AM
Ok, fine.

I thought they had some bloody good riffs, but overall it was just too heavy on the ear. I couldn't really pick out any nice melodies over the 'vocals' and drumming, and apart from some of the guitar work they didn't really appeal to me.

:wave:

KittensInMicrowaves
06-15-2005, 10:11 AM
Ok, fine.

I thought they had some bloody good riffs, but overall it was just too heavy on the ear. I couldn't really pick out any nice melodies over the 'vocals' and drumming, and apart from some of the guitar work they didn't really appeal to me.

Much better evaluation dude. I admit, for someone not into metalcore growling, Matt Heafy's screams would sound quite abrasive. The drumming is about as good as it gets outside of death metal IMO

JACK!
06-15-2005, 10:18 AM
Much better evaluation dude. I admit, for someone not into metalcore growling, Matt Heafy's screams would sound quite abrasive. The drumming is about as good as it gets outside of death metal IMO

Trivium aren't metalcore though, they're Metal.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-15-2005, 10:20 AM
Trivium aren't metalcore though, they're Metal.

I'm with you dude, but so many people on this site call them metalcore. His screams are somewhat metalcore, although he uses basically the same vox in his other band Capharnaum, and they are considered death metal

StandingStill
06-15-2005, 10:21 AM
Ok, fine.

Yeah I getcha better now. Appreciation of metal tends to depend on your ability to find melody in it. Not sure I agree that the drumming is that great? got any good examples?

Jon
06-15-2005, 10:53 AM
I didn't say it was bad drumming, he certainly knew his chops, but I just felt it was all too overpowering on the music.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-15-2005, 11:02 AM
Yeah I getcha better now. Appreciation of metal tends to depend on your ability to find melody in it. Not sure I agree that the drumming is that great? got any good examples?

Rain is a good example of it, but he's just so solid throughout the album, the drums are always felt, whereas in many bands I feel the drums disappear a lot. You want to hear insane drumming, check out Darkest Hour's drummer, the guy is a machine.....

Please don't reply that so and so death metal drummer is a thousand times faster, LOL

StandingStill
06-15-2005, 11:22 AM
I didn't say it was bad drumming, he certainly knew his chops, but I just felt it was all too overpowering on the music.
Sorry buddy, I was talking to Kittens! Yeah hes a solid drummer, certainly better than some in the genre.

Shattered_Future
06-15-2005, 01:21 PM
Ok, now that i have heard other songs by them except Pull Harder, i can give my judgement.

To me, they seem to be standard run-of-the-mill metalcore with better solos and a singer who actually SINGS. Otherwise, they don't really stick out for me. Sure, their drummer is better than others (younger too), and the guitars have pretty good solos, but the rest has all been done before.

maggot4875
06-15-2005, 02:33 PM
Yeah, plus if you're into glam/hair metal, of course you would hate Trivium, why even go on the thread in the first place?

not really,you can like hairmetal and other genres such as metalcore and thrash

Jon
06-15-2005, 02:46 PM
Yeah, I love my thrash and death metal too :-/

KittensInMicrowaves
06-15-2005, 03:24 PM
Ok, now that i have heard other songs by them except Pull Harder, i can give my judgement.

To me, they seem to be standard run-of-the-mill metalcore with better solos and a singer who actually SINGS. Otherwise, they don't really stick out for me. Sure, their drummer is better than others (younger too), and the guitars have pretty good solos, but the rest has all been done before.

I just can't ever consider these guys in the same genre with bands such as Hatebreed and Norma Jean, they are just metal to me...

But if I had to categorize, I'd say a mix of Gothenburg and thrash with metalcore screams/singing

xxXmetalmonsterXxx
06-16-2005, 10:27 AM
2.The voice of the lead singer he sounds like he is PISSED
Off and every metal head loves that.
3.Music videos, pull harder on the strings of your
martyr GENIOUS!!! who else could think up a sic
demented creature painting something but you dont know what and then a the end they show what he painted,
and its there motha F/N cd cover that is beautiful my friends.
their just an awesome band so think about that when you
say there just another metal band >case closed<

Jon
06-16-2005, 10:29 AM
l l l l l l 1. killer guitar solos of mythical proportion, i didnt even know you you could do that **** with a guitar!
2.The voice of the lead singer he sounds like he is PISSED Off and every metal head loves that.

1. LMAO
2. Oh yeah, I love hearing how depressed people are. Please do whine to me about how many people hate you! I really wouldn't rather be listening to someone SINGING about sex and drugs :)

Sir_PsychoMits
06-16-2005, 10:31 AM
Not a fan. Not a fan at all at all.

xxXmetalmonsterXxx
06-16-2005, 10:35 AM
i rather hear them whine then listen to potheads talk about how awesome it is to smoke pot and trip smokin pot ruins ppls lives scru that

KittensInMicrowaves
06-16-2005, 11:13 AM
1. LMAO
2. Oh yeah, I love hearing how depressed people are. Please do whine to me about how many people hate you! I really wouldn't rather be listening to someone SINGING about sex and drugs :)

Obviously you haven't read Trivium's lyrics. Then go listen to Motley Crue dude!!!

StandingStill
06-16-2005, 11:25 AM
i rather hear them whine then listen to potheads talk about how awesome it is to smoke pot and trip smokin pot ruins ppls lives scru that
Do be fair I think Motley Crue were on a little more than pot in the 80s....
I think the Metallica comparisons are a little premature but they are a genuinely exciting band and Im a cynical old git

Jon
06-16-2005, 11:49 AM
Obviously you haven't read Trivium's lyrics. Then go listen to Motley Crue dude!!!
And there you go again (but I'll gladly listen to the Crue :)).

I was referring specifically to
2.The voice of the lead singer he sounds like he is PISSED
I do not give a flying fuck what the lyrics are about, if you're going to make music thats basically a voice for your 'opression' I don't want to listen to it.

CKB
06-16-2005, 03:16 PM
Thay're not bad, but I'd hardly call them the new Metallica.

Puuurlease

Sure the guy can sing/shout whatever you call it, but I'd rather hear a song about something that's interesting or that I can relate to, most of their songs are recycled lyrically.

And the guitar solos? Any one who can play the guitar will know how to make 'widdly' solos, just a few pull offs etc.

But I'd listen to Trivium...

Shattered_Future
06-16-2005, 03:19 PM
I doubt Trivium will be the next Metallica...they aren't really doing anything revolutionary, like Metallica did.

Also, i don't wanna see the band sink into the craphole that Metallica did...the band has too much talent to fall into a Metallica-esque pattern.

Trivium
06-17-2005, 04:51 PM
they are revolutionary, they will be the band that leads metal back into the glory it once had. They are revolutionary in a community of nu-metal and the garbage that the music industry is pumping out.

Endless Obsession
06-17-2005, 04:56 PM
they are revolutionary, they will be the band that leads metal back into the glory it once had. They are revolutionary in a community of nu-metal and the garbage that the music industry is pumping out.

I smell a fan-boi.

StandingStill
06-17-2005, 06:08 PM
Calling them revolutionary is ridiculous. Promising, yes. But revolutionary? No.

Itwasthatwas
06-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Calling them revolutionary is ridiculous. Promising, yes. But revolutionary? No.

Agreed. I love their music and they have huge potential... but no, they are definately not doing anything revolutionary.

Moses
06-17-2005, 06:32 PM
Thay're not bad, but I'd hardly call them the new Metallica.

Puuurlease

Sure the guy can sing/shout whatever you call it, but I'd rather hear a song about something that's interesting or that I can relate to, most of their songs are recycled lyrically.

And the guitar solos? Any one who can play the guitar will know how to make 'widdly' solos, just a few pull offs etc.

But I'd listen to Trivium...
That was pretty dumb.

Still, I don't think they will be the next Metallica. The mainstream is too brainwashed for that. I go to a ghetto school and anything that isn't hip-hop sounds like scratching a chalkboard to them.

Flynn
06-17-2005, 07:27 PM
I bought Ember To Inferno, I liked it.
I bought Ascendancy, I liked it.

They really don't thrill me...like, all their riffs are very similar...they use a lot of overplayed rythm behind the leads. Like the solo on the song ''Like Light to the Flies'' at 3:55 or so...It's the exact rythm as the song ''Poision was the cure''(Outro Solo). I know a LOT of riffs have been copied and played a lot...but when I heard that, It dissapointed me. The solo barely makes it out of Pentatonic. Don't get me wrong...they're talented. It's just Just not what I expected that album to sound like.

On the other hand...
Ember to Inferno was half-way decent. :thumb:

Trivium
06-17-2005, 11:07 PM
I smell a fan-boi.

well yeah mabey, but ive been obsessed with pretty much Metallica, with other bands that ive liked thrown in there.

Sadly I was sucking on a bottle when the black album came out. Trivium is the first good band ive heard that is active and at their best during my lifetime, so yeah, im really into them.

metallica, maiden, megadeth, priest, all the big names in metal were inspired by black sabbath, as well as maiden.

Trivium, and GOOD modern acts grew up listening to the bands that dominated metals glory days, seeing their influence in new music is really cool

WhatAHorribleNight
06-18-2005, 01:16 AM
He pretty much only growls, he doesn't go to a high pitched scream like other metalcore acts... I think his growl is a hell of a lot deeper than most metalcore acts

I like when he occasionally does the half sing/half growl like in the insane middle part of "Departure"
He plays with a high pitched scream in "Suffocating Sight".

Anyone else here on their forums?

KittensInMicrowaves
06-18-2005, 11:35 AM

No, but I've read some of the posts there......

KittensInMicrowaves
06-18-2005, 11:36 AM
That was pretty dumb.

Still, I don't think they will be the next Metallica. The mainstream is too brainwashed for that. I go to a ghetto school and anything that isn't hip-hop sounds like scratching a chalkboard to them.

Yeah nobody likes metal in the mainstream anymore, which is better, I'd rather not see Trivium get that popular. I hate posers who like a band because it is cool to like them

Endless Obsession
06-18-2005, 12:20 PM
Yeah nobody likes metal in the mainstream anymore, which is better, I'd rather not see Trivium get that popular. I hate posers who like a band because it is cool to like them

Yeah I see girls at my school wearing Killswitch Engage shirts and Unearth and it just makes me not want to listen to them, even though they are two of my favorite bands.

JACK!
06-18-2005, 12:25 PM

Nice name/Avatar

Trivium are already a mainstream metal band, and they are already very popular.

Shred Danson
06-18-2005, 04:53 PM
It doesn't necessarily make them a bad band to be somewhat mainstream, though. People talk about mainstream music like it is some form of taboo.

JACK!
06-18-2005, 05:49 PM
I didn't say it did. I don't like them personally but I have no problem with bands getting more publicity. The Black Dahlia Muder for example, are far from underground but they are still one of my favourate bands.

SkaBob
06-18-2005, 05:59 PM
I've got to agree. I'm extremely skeptical of most music but when i heard this band i really thought that they were worth listening to and the guitatist kicks ***, i play bass but i can still see who ace that guy is. Even my closed minded Steve Vai warped friend admitted he was good (acheivement i tell you).

Your friend reminds me of a guy in my school, lol.

Trivium are far from generic, the guitar riffs are amazing, but they could do more with the bass.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-18-2005, 06:21 PM
Yeah I see girls at my school wearing Killswitch Engage shirts and Unearth and it just makes me not want to listen to them, even though they are two of my favorite bands.

I wish I saw more cute girls wearing those shirts... I'd have an easy in to nail them!!!

:thumb: :lol:

WhatAHorribleNight
06-18-2005, 07:34 PM
Nice name/Avatar

Trivium are already a mainstream metal band, and they are already very popular.
Thank you on the compliment.

Trivium is mainstream, but not to the extent of most other metalcore bands out in the media. They have very little fan base in comparison to Shadows Fall or Killswitch Engage. Saying that, Trivium has one of the fastest growing fan bases in metalcore. Trivium will probally explode fan population wise after the ozzfest tour.

On an other note, does anyone in this thread like Capharnaum? They are an other band of Matt Heafy's. He does lead vocals in this band, but I don't believe he plays guitar. They aren't quite metalcore or melodeath like Trivium is, they are a technical death band. I suggest fans of Trivium's harsh vocals check them out.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-18-2005, 09:59 PM
Thank you on the compliment.

Trivium is mainstream, but not to the extent of most other metalcore bands out in the media. They have very little fan base in comparison to Shadows Fall or Killswitch Engage. Saying that, Trivium has one of the fastest growing fan bases in metalcore. Trivium will probally explode fan population wise after the ozzfest tour.

On an other note, does anyone in this thread like Capharnaum? They are an other band of Matt Heafy's. He does lead vocals in this band, but I don't believe he plays guitar. They aren't quite metalcore or melodeath like Trivium is, they are a technical death band. I suggest fans of Trivium's harsh vocals check them out.

I have Capharnaum's album, very heavy, I like it. Heafy basically uses the same vox he uses in Trivium minues the clean stuff. Trivium isn't really metalcore, they are a mix of thrash, melodeath, and metalcore. Just call them metal!

WhatAHorribleNight
06-19-2005, 02:58 AM
I have Capharnaum's album, very heavy, I like it. Heafy basically uses the same vox he uses in Trivium minues the clean stuff. Trivium isn't really metalcore, they are a mix of thrash, melodeath, and metalcore. Just call them metal!

I believe in a couple tracks later on in the album he uses actually death growl. I'm not too keen on if that is really him preforming those death growls on those tracks, but they seem to be well executed. A little more practice on those and he will have them mastered.

And most people refer to Trivium as metalcore. Technically, they are a melodic deathcore band. Trivium called themselves that on the intro to their old website. But as of now, Trivium likes to be called plain metal.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-19-2005, 01:23 PM
I believe in a couple tracks later on in the album he uses actually death growl. I'm not too keen on if that is really him preforming those death growls on those tracks, but they seem to be well executed. A little more practice on those and he will have them mastered.

And most people refer to Trivium as metalcore. Technically, they are a melodic deathcore band. Trivium called themselves that on the intro to their old website. But as of now, Trivium likes to be called plain metal.

Yeah, the vocals you're referring to were done by Jason Suecof. He's the guy who produced Ascendancy, and is rhythm guitar for Capharnaum. Check out the BDM thread dude

Shattered_Future
06-19-2005, 02:11 PM

And THAT is a prime example of over-genrealizing (my word). :thumb:

Metal works...it encompasses lots of stuff.

JACK!
06-19-2005, 02:48 PM

Melodic Deathcore? I'm sorry even if 'Deathcore' existed Trivium would not be part of that genre for the same reason they are not Metalcore, the reason being they have no Hardcore influence at all.

Carn
06-19-2005, 03:39 PM
if you dont have anything to do, go to www.fabchannel.com , you can stream the Trivium gig from Amsterdam a week or two ago from there :)

benfan
06-19-2005, 04:17 PM
ive got ascendancy and its awesome i just need to find somewhere in the uk that sells ember to inferno

Carn
06-19-2005, 04:23 PM
you'll have a hard time looking unless roadrunner licenses and re-issues it.

Shred Danson
06-20-2005, 07:37 PM
you'll have a hard time looking unless roadrunner licenses and re-issues it.

What irony.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-20-2005, 10:41 PM
Melodic Deathcore? I'm sorry even if 'Deathcore' existed Trivium would not be part of that genre for the same reason they are not Metalcore, the reason being they have no Hardcore influence at all.

Trivium doesn't neatly fit into a genre

WhatAHorribleNight
06-21-2005, 11:50 PM
Trivium does have a hardcore influence, I'm very confused as to why you said they have none at all.

Shred Danson
06-22-2005, 12:17 AM
Trivium doesn't neatly fit into a genre

And you don't neatly fit into spandex.

Glad to see my thread still running. I've been thinking. And comparing. And I've come to a conclusion.

Ember to Inferno sucks compared to Ascendancy.

Yeah, that's right, I said it. The songs seem to be lacking substance on ETI, but on Ascendancy, the songwriting seems MUCH more maturer.

Boo-ya.

Endless Obsession
06-22-2005, 01:00 AM

100% right

FlyingPaul_83
06-22-2005, 01:01 AM
can someone upload some songs from ETI please?

what about my hatred and if I could collapse the masses, those songs are great.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-22-2005, 10:52 AM
And you don't neatly fit into spandex.

Glad to see my thread still running. I've been thinking. And comparing. And I've come to a conclusion.

Yeah, that's right, I said it. The songs seem to be lacking substance on ETI, but on Ascendancy, the songwriting seems MUCH more maturer.

Boo-ya.

How did you know about my spandex fetish???

ETI is far more raw than Ascendancy, the songs are a little more formulaic in my opinion, and far less intense. It is still a great album, but not a classic like Ascendancy

KittensInMicrowaves
06-22-2005, 10:53 AM
Trivium does have a hardcore influence, I'm very confused as to why you said they have none at all.

Where is the hardcore influence? Cite a specific example for us. The vox are somewhat metalcore but that is about it, nothing in the playing suggests hardcore in any way.

JACK!
06-22-2005, 10:55 AM

Where? They are a Metal band, Hardcore comes from Punk and has no links with Metal. What Hardcore bands have you heard that sound even remotely like Trivium?

Itwasthatwas
06-22-2005, 05:26 PM
Where? They are a Metal band, Hardcore comes from Punk and has no links with Metal. What Hardcore bands have you heard that sound even remotely like Trivium?

Lots of them. Most metalcore bands have a lot of thrash and melodeath influence on top of their hardcore backgrounds, in case you hadn't noticed. The typical structures of melodeath/thrashy riff with screaming verses followed by singalong choruses is a staple in metalcore. Just listen to Like Light to the Flies for example.

Another point, even pure Hardcore is connected to a metal, even if a roundabout way. A lot of thrash took influences from old punk, and a lot of other metal bands take influence from thrash, so really its just a distant divergence in the musical branch. But thats really just extraneous information.

The real key to the issue is the name Trivium itself. I don't know what it says any more, but if you were a fan even just a few months before Ascendancy came out, you would have seen that on the main page of their website that the name Trivium is derived from the latin word meaning "a 3-way intersection", and they went on to say, in their case its an intersection of metalcore, thrash, and melodic death. While there is far less hardcore/generic metalcore influence that bleeds into their sound than a lot of the current bands, it is still their nonetheless.

StandingStill
06-22-2005, 06:54 PM
For some who has such a stupid user-title :p, its suprising you came up with such an eloquant post. Nice one.

JACK!
06-22-2005, 07:00 PM
Another point, even pure Hardcore is connected to a metal, even if a roundabout way.

No, trust me, it isn't. Hardcore is a sub-genre of punk, which makes it completly seperate from the Metal genre. As soon as a Hardcore band begins to incorperate Metal into their sound they cease to be Hardcore and become Metalcore. You also failed to name me one Hardcore band that sounds even remotley like Trivium.

WhatAHorribleNight
06-23-2005, 12:49 AM
No, trust me, it isn't. Hardcore is a sub-genre of punk, which makes it completly seperate from the Metal genre. As soon as a Hardcore band begins to incorperate Metal into their sound they cease to be Hardcore and become Metalcore. You also failed to name me one Hardcore band that sounds even remotley like Trivium.
Having an influence of hardcore doesn't have to mean they have to sound exactly like hardcore. Trivium takes alot of influence from around the world of music, the three big ones: Thrash, Melodic Death Metal, and Metalcore. You can hear in some parts where they can sound like some metalcore/hardcore bands. You cannot pinpoint a band to sound like Trivium, because they take a great deal of influence from alot of genres.

And yes, I may be contradicting myself on this one, But genres are not written in stone, and you can't look them up in a dictionary. Genres are more based on personal opinion these days. Have your own opinion, and I'll have mine. People will NEVER agree on genres.

Kwash2
06-23-2005, 12:53 AM
As Trivium's population grows,

Kwash2
06-23-2005, 12:58 AM
Deathcore IS a genre, (despised icon, glass casket as good examples), but trivium is far from that.

Anyhoo, trivium owns, Matt Heafy himself says he takes alot of influences in his solos from John Pettucky himself.

Shred Danson
06-23-2005, 01:20 AM

Oh, holy hell.

That's the result of typing fast, my friends.

I'm not even gonna edit that, I'll just revel in my jackassery.

WhatAHorribleNight
06-23-2005, 01:11 PM
Deathcore IS a genre, (despised icon, glass casket as good examples), but trivium is far from that.

Anyhoo, trivium owns, Matt Heafy himself says he takes alot of influences in his solos from John Pettucky himself.
Not deathcore, Melodic deathcore. Instead of the death influence they have the melodic death metal influence. You see?

KittensInMicrowaves
06-23-2005, 01:49 PM
Having an influence of hardcore doesn't have to mean they have to sound exactly like hardcore. Trivium takes alot of influence from around the world of music, the three big ones: Thrash, Melodic Death Metal, and Metalcore. You can hear in some parts where they can sound like some metalcore/hardcore bands. You cannot pinpoint a band to sound like Trivium, because they take a great deal of influence from alot of genres.

And yes, I may be contradicting myself on this one, But genres are not written in stone, and you can't look them up in a dictionary. Genres are more based on personal opinion these days. Have your own opinion, and I'll have mine. People will NEVER agree on genres.

Yeah Trivium really has a unique sound. I really can't think of another band that sounds like them, in all seriousness, can anyone name a band that sounds like Trivium? They don't sound like other thrash acts, they don't sound like other metalcore acts, they don't sound like other melodic death acts

KittensInMicrowaves
06-23-2005, 01:50 PM

Deathcore isn't really a genre. Most of the bands you mentioned could be categorized as brutal or technical metalcore. Tech metal, math metal, whatever you want to call it can sound as heavy as death metal.

Itwasthatwas
06-23-2005, 02:00 PM

No, I'm afraid I can't trust you, because that's just a retarded statement. Metal and punk are related, probably most closely by punks ties to thrash. The genres cross at 2 points that are significant to this debate: First at the origin of thrash , where bands took a lot of influence from earlier metal of course, but also quite a bit from punk. Essentially they took early metal and and speed and rawness, and after some more developments you have thrash. Trivium is largely thrash, and therefore has distant roots in punk. The second convergence is modern metalcore bands taking Melodeath & Thrash and adding hardcore attitude and song structures, again directly relating to the punk/hardcore scene. Trivum admits to taking heavy influences from metalcore, and therefore there is another direct connection.

Of course I can't cite a hardcore band that sounds like Trivium. I never said they were hardcore. But they undeniably have influences rooted in the hardcore/metalcore scene. Anyone who actually comes out and says that Trivium is a straight-up hardcore band is either deaf or mentally retarded, but to say that their music stems from some hardcore as an influence is a perfectly valid statement.

Itwasthatwas
06-23-2005, 02:04 PM
Deathcore isn't really a genre. Most of the bands you mentioned could be categorized as brutal or technical metalcore. Tech metal, math metal, whatever you want to call it can sound as heavy as death metal.

Heavier in my opinion. Death metal loses a lot of heavieness through its excessive cheese, and the way some bands seem to attempt to be overly brutal. Obviously there are some awesome bands that pull it off, but for the most part a lot of death bands just serve as lullabies for me.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-23-2005, 02:15 PM
Heavier in my opinion. Death metal loses a lot of heavieness through its excessive cheese, and the way some bands seem to attempt to be overly brutal. Obviously there are some awesome bands that pull it off, but for the most part a lot of death bands just serve as lullabies for me.

Yeah death isn't my cup of tea, too much happening at once, just sounds like a jumble of noise sometimes

Shattered_Future
06-23-2005, 03:21 PM
Yeah death isn't my cup of tea, too much happening at once, just sounds like a jumble of noise sometimes

I've found the only Death Metal band i can listen to is Nile...they have good structure to their music, and make it ungodly heavy without sacrificing the interest of the music.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-23-2005, 04:02 PM
I've found the only Death Metal band i can listen to is Nile...they have good structure to their music, and make it ungodly heavy without sacrificing the interest of the music.

I like some old Morbid Angel. I only like Nile's Egyptian stuff, the rest of it is just too hectic, and I can't stand the vocals.

JACK!
06-23-2005, 06:53 PM
Of course I can't cite a hardcore band that sounds like Trivium. I never said they were hardcore. But they undeniably have influences rooted in the hardcore/metalcore scene. Anyone who actually comes out and says that Trivium is a straight-up hardcore band is either deaf or mentally retarded, but to say that their music stems from some hardcore as an influence is a perfectly valid statement.

Where in fucks name do you hear any influence from Hardcore in Trivium's music? I'm sorry but there just isn't any. If you are influenced by a band or genre you would obviously incorparate charecteristics of that genre or band's sound into your own. Trivium do not have any Hardcore in thier sound, therefore they have no Hardcore influence.

StandingStill
06-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Sorry to interupt, but could you name me a 'cheesy' death metal band?

KittensInMicrowaves
06-23-2005, 07:25 PM

I find power metal to be cheesy, death metal can be over the top, sometimes the vox are "cheesy" only in that they sound so bad you can't believe they're not being used for comedic purposes.

StandingStill
06-23-2005, 07:39 PM
thats not really cheesy though is it. Power metal is cheesy, death isnt.

WhatAHorribleNight
06-23-2005, 08:08 PM
The lyrics to alot of gore death or gore grind bands could be considered cheesy.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-23-2005, 09:40 PM
Well other genres aside.... let's just call Trivium metal. I heard someone say earlier in the thread that in an interview with Corey. he said Trivium's newer material would have less clean singing in the choruses and be more progressive metal. That should make for interesting although I do enjoy Trivium's choruses very much. As long as they don't make any more songs like "Dying in Your Arms" they should be fine

Shattered_Future
06-23-2005, 10:00 PM
Well other genres aside.... let's just call Trivium metal. I heard someone say earlier in the thread that in an interview with Corey. he said Trivium's newer material would have less clean singing in the choruses and be more progressive metal. That should make for interesting although I do enjoy Trivium's choruses very much. As long as they don't make any more songs like "Dying in Your Arms" they should be fine

Aw...i liked the clean singing. :upset:

Progressive is good though...

benfan
06-25-2005, 08:30 AM
i just downloaded two songs from ember to inferno, and i have to say they are quite good, the songs are Pillars Of Serpent and If I Could Collapse The Masses. If you go to lifeforce records website you can download them and a live video of them playing ember to inferno

benfan
06-25-2005, 08:31 AM

i really liked dying in your arms, why dont you like it?

KittensInMicrowaves
06-25-2005, 09:10 AM
i really liked dying in your arms, why dont you like it?

Its not that I don't like it, it is a good song, the problem I have with it is it doesn't flow with the rest of Ascendancy. It is a 3:00 "pop" song amidst an album of 5+ minutes thrashing metal tracks. I'm just confused as to why they chose to include it.

andy89
06-25-2005, 09:42 AM
Its not that I don't like it, it is a good song, the problem I have with it is it doesn't flow with the rest of Ascendancy. It is a 3:00 "pop" song amidst an album of 5+ minutes thrashing metal tracks. I'm just confused as to why they chose to include it.

I agree with the opinion on the pop idea of that song but does the time the song takes to be played all the way through matter because if you're going to judge on how long the song is then you would be saying that metallica's die die my darling would be a terrible song. Oh by the way Trivium are the best band around at the moment.

KittensInMicrowaves
06-25-2005, 10:07 AM
It's incredible how popular they are becoming so quickly. They just finished shooting a video for "A Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation" down in Orlando. I can't wait to see it, but they had to use a shortened version of the song for the video. It still should be sick, I can't wait.

WhatAHorribleNight
06-25-2005, 03:55 PM
The Video For AGTTHOT is going to be straight up awesome. I've read about the idea of the whole video and it sounds like a keeper.

And with Dying In Your Arms, I really think it shows Triviums range as a band. It is by far the best "Radio Song" I've ever heard by a metal band.

Itwasthatwas
06-25-2005, 09:02 PM

Well, I don't know if you include gore and grind bands under the banner of death metal too... if you do, almost all of them.

A prime example of a technical death metal/gore band is Necrophagist.

How can names like "mutilate the stillborn" or "fermented offal discharge" not strike you as cheesy.

Power metal is obviously cheesier, but death metal is pretty high up there. Gore themes just make me laugh.

Shattered_Future
06-25-2005, 09:14 PM
Well, I don't know if you include gore and grind bands under the banner of death metal too... if you do, almost all of them.

A prime example of a technical death metal/gore band is Necrophagist.

How can names like "mutilate the stillborn" or "fermented offal discharge" not strike you as cheesy.

Power metal is obviously cheesier, but death metal is pretty high up there. Gore themes just make me laugh.

Think about it though...if you had a political power metal band, it wouldn't clash too well, would it?

KittensInMicrowaves
06-25-2005, 11:45 PM
Think about it though...if you had a political power metal band, it wouldn't clash too well, would it?

Power metal is its own thing, just like death/gore metal. The gore metal stuff I think is stupid, but no one says ya gotta listen to it!

Ghostly_death
06-26-2005, 04:14 AM
they may not be able to sing but who gives a **** about the singing anyway the guitars kick ***!!!

benfan
07-01-2005, 03:31 PM
matt is an awesome singer what the hell are you talking about

crag
07-02-2005, 03:06 PM
could someone upload 'pull harder on the strings of your martyr' or whatever its called i've never heard trivium and my friend said i should hear some of their stuff.

Carn
07-02-2005, 03:15 PM
http://www.trivium.org/images/media/music/Trivium-PullHarderOnTheStringsOfYourMartyr.mp3

http://www.roadrun.com/shared/downloads/Trivium/Trivium-LikeLightToTheFlies.mp3

crag
07-02-2005, 03:21 PM
hey they're pretty good, not as good as maiden though, but still pretty good

cheers :thumb:

Shred Danson
07-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Alright, y'alls, I'm bringing this up for two reasons:

1). This is the Trivium thread to end all Trivium threads, needless to say we don't want to see any more pointless Trivium threads popping up, eh? eh? Plus, Trivium discussion=teh secks. Just ask Kittens in Microwaves.

2). Cover band competition: If any of y'all honkey cracker bitches want to do a cover and submit it into the comp, let me know in this thread and we'll decide what song we want to do. I call dibs on 1st guitar slot. :D

Thrashmother
07-04-2005, 03:21 PM
Cum on guys if trivium are metalcore than slayer are f****** death metal.
Dus any1 here know what they are talkin about?

clearvision
07-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Cum on guys if trivium are metalcore than slayer are f****** death metal.
Dus any1 here know what they are talkin about?

You certainly don't...

Trivium are pretty much metalcore, but more just plain metal...

Slayer are abotu as thrash as you can get.

-Listy-
07-04-2005, 04:54 PM
Trivium are pretty cool, although i only have 2 songs..

I dont care about what genre they are, i like the music :thumb:

jdw2
07-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Heres a cover I did of Like Light to the Flies.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=360577&T=711

sandbass
07-04-2005, 09:53 PM
I am a big fan of Trivium. I have been listening to them for a little less than a year now. I think that Ember to Inferno is much heavier than Ascendancy, but there are a few not so good songs on Ember to Inferno.

GuitarOne put them at #4 I think for the upcoming guitar heros or something like that.

There is also a live concert of them up at http://www.fabchannel.com/ . I have watched it a few times. Its pretty good :)

If I have time tonight, I will upload both Trivium Albums to YSI.

benfan
07-05-2005, 11:30 AM
please do... i have if i could collapse the masses and pillars of serpents

Thrashmother
07-05-2005, 02:07 PM
Trivium are more of a hybrid of thrash, slight death metal and a small amount of metalcore. And to the opeth matey who said Slayer are definitly thrash, i was bein ironic you f***wit!Of course slayer are thrash!

Josh
07-06-2005, 03:36 PM
/bumped to get rid of the other trivium thread that was started earlier.

i'm starting to like them more now, i think i might buy Ascendancy this summer.

slaybial-destructor
07-07-2005, 10:09 AM
its good to see theres a trivium thread thats actually decent, nice work fellas (and to any ladies who might've contributed... hey, we can only hope!). Trivium are a great band, they're so 80's and 90's, while still being modern and relevant, i love it! i really cant tell if i like ascendancy or ETI better... i really dont know! and to all of u guys out there saying "pls upload the whole albums etc etc", its getting old now! i say if u really wanna support the band and realy enjoy them to their full extent, go and buy an album at the very least... i suggest u buy both!

'to burn the eye', 'ember to inferno' and possibly 'my hatred' and 'fugue' were the first songs to really stand out... 'to burn the eye' has just got the most infectious riffs, its got such a cool song layout, hard to explain. there's a verse, then there's the pre-pre chorus riff and pre-pre chorus, then theres the pre chorus (fantastic fast picking!) and then the chorus... boy im confusing myself now! sorry im just a little excited!

yup, trivium would probably have to be the discovery of 2005... so young (im a year older than matt heafy), so much potential, a big well known label behind them... i get shivers just thinking where they could go... both good and bad shivers!

Father_Jack
07-07-2005, 03:09 PM
I am just gunna bump this up and tell you all i am going to see them play live in august sometime at a local club.

Anybody already seen them or is planning on doing?

Yppolitia
07-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Trivium are amazing, great guitar work especially on the lead. Best band to come out for a long while and with some great riffs.

Carn
07-09-2005, 03:29 PM
I am just gunna bump this up and tell you all i am going to see them play live in august sometime at a local club.

Anybody already seen them or is planning on doing?

Saw them twice, good live band.

Father_Jack
07-09-2005, 03:32 PM
Saw them twice, good live band.

Yeah im goin with a few mates, its only like £10 or something, i cant wait. I'm gunna get battered in the pit but it will be worth it.

Apolyon
07-09-2005, 03:34 PM
Can't wait to see Trivium on ozzfest in 2 weeks :)

KittensInMicrowaves
07-10-2005, 10:21 AM
Hey, glad to see the thread still going strong. I just got back from vacation and was blasting them in my headphones for 2 straight weeks!

Trivium
07-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Im gonna see them sometime this summer.

Thrashmother
07-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Seein them in september at oxford zodiac!gonna rule

FlyingPaul_83
07-10-2005, 03:59 PM
I wish I could see them at ozzfest....:upset:

Josh
07-10-2005, 04:47 PM
how many albums do Trivium have, just the one? and does he use the screaming-type vocals in all songs? i'm thinking of getting an album.

FlyingPaul_83
07-10-2005, 04:50 PM
2 albums.He pretty much uses harsh vocals in all their songs.

ember to inferno
Ascendancy

Josh
07-10-2005, 04:54 PM
i might get Ascendancy, i think the 3 songs i have already are off that album - Pull Harder...., Rain, Like Light to the Flies.