PDA

View Full Version : Children Of Bodom

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97

MRDuCran
08-14-2005, 10:37 AM
Trashed, Lost and Strungout has been released.

And apparantly the new album is out September 9th.

Shadows
08-14-2005, 10:51 AM
I'm pretty sure it's the 19th and not the 9th.

ironmanx
08-14-2005, 10:52 AM
Here is the CoB Promo CD

http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=29OEGSLH5UE5X2IPGEXSUY8992

The tracklisting on this is:

1. Are You Dead Yet?
2. If You Want Peace, Prepare For War
3. In Your Face
4. Bastards of Bodom
5. Trashed, Lost, and Strung Out
6. Oops I Did It Again

Awesome!

MRDuCran
08-14-2005, 11:02 AM
I'm pretty sure it's the 19th and not the 9th.

Oh yea, sorry.

PIGS(1 different one)
08-14-2005, 11:33 AM
Here is the CoB Promo CD

1. Are You Dead Yet?
3. In Your Face
4. Bastards of Bodom
6. Oops I Did It Again

Awesome!

Sweet thanks alot man.

PIGS(1 different one)
08-14-2005, 11:39 AM
I think it's safe to say this won't be their best album...

flamesofbodom
08-14-2005, 12:16 PM
Here is the CoB Promo CD

1. Are You Dead Yet?
3. In Your Face
4. Bastards of Bodom
6. Oops I Did It Again

Awesome!
Thanks a lot dude! I love all this stuff

Huber
08-14-2005, 01:08 PM
If You Want Peace, Prepare For War is an awesome song.

Edit:

And so is Bastards of Bodom

And so is everything I've heard so far. I'm pleased with this material.

dest. Chaos
08-14-2005, 05:26 PM
It's a bit off topic but I am very mad...

I went to my friends party today and he had a bunch of beer. I had been looking foward to it for a while cause I love to get drunk. After a few beers I wasn't feeling much, and my friend ended up having 12 and didn't feel too much either. Eventually we realized my friend is jerk cuase he gave us all non-alcoholic beer as a joke. What a freaking waste of a party, I was so mad, I went there to get drunk and it's just ridiculous.
muaha i was drunk on friday and saturday haha :P I'm an alcoholic... i love getting drunk too cos it's so easy to get contact with people when your drunk.. and so...I have never drinked non alcoholic beer haha. I prefer the stronger stuff. Carlsberg black gold is mee favourite :) sry for just talking lotsa stuff which no1 cares about but anyways...

GenuineImitation
08-14-2005, 08:54 PM
I have been having a hard time finding bodom cds. My parents dont like ordering over the internet because of spam and any local punk/rock/metal record shops I go to dont have any of their stuff. Would places like FYE or Best Buy have it?

Shadows
08-14-2005, 08:58 PM
They almost always do. Try to avoid FYE though - it's horribly expensive.

I think it's safe to say this won't be their best album...You fool!

I'm not downloading anything else from the new album until I can get a leak of the whole thing. Hearing bits and pieces would make me go crazy.

GenuineImitation
08-14-2005, 09:08 PM
They almost always do. Try to avoid FYE though - it's horribly expensive.

I never go into FYE unless I have a gift card. Im just running out of cd stores to go to.

flamesofbodom
08-15-2005, 11:12 AM
I hate FYE but the next best thing is Borders. Those are the only stores that carry overseas stuff. I got all my At The Gates and Stratovarious there

AA-12
08-15-2005, 03:36 PM
I'm thinking this may be the best album from them so far. I love the new songs.

I'm still working on the vocals thing. I only got to start it last night, so I should be able to have it done tomorrow night or so. Maybe tonight if I have time.

Favorite Vocalists:

Mikael Akerfeldt (by far my favorite)
Mike Patton
Singer of Dragonforce
Maynard
Any Iced Earth Vocalist
Freddie Mercury
Rob Halford

Shadows
08-15-2005, 04:24 PM
w00t Akerfeldt

dest. Chaos
08-15-2005, 06:51 PM
w00t Akerfeldt
v00t it's Åkerfeldt not Akerfeldt.

Hells Bells
08-15-2005, 07:02 PM
Hells Bells, almost all the Bodom guitar pro's I have have the keyboard solo in them, what tab are you looking for?

Any of them. Could you please upload them?

Shadows
08-15-2005, 07:04 PM
v00t it's Åkerfeldt not Akerfeldt.
My keyboard doesn't have a Å key.

Hells Bells
08-15-2005, 07:19 PM
I'm still working on the vocals thing. I only got to start it last night, so I should be able to have it done tomorrow night or so. Maybe tonight if I have time.

Favorite Vocalists:

Mikael Akerfeldt

Definitely one of my favourite ^^
Although for Iced Earth I prefer Matt Barlow. I'd add Michael Stanne, Angela Gassow, Tanja Turunen, Russel Allen, Bruce Dickinson, and Chuck Schuldiner.

Shadows
08-15-2005, 08:48 PM
Akerfeldt has to be one of the all-time best metal vocalists. The guy has mastered every type of metal vocals. His clean singing is beautiful, his screaming rivals those black metal clowns, and his death growls blows most brutal death vocalists right out of the water. That guy is amazing.

He's definitely my all-time favorite death vocalist.

Huber
08-15-2005, 08:49 PM
Mikael is a mighty good vocalist, and a great guitarist too.

Hells Bells
08-15-2005, 09:00 PM
Akerfeldt has to be one of the all-time best metal vocalists. The guy has mastered every type of metal vocals. His clean singing is beautiful, his screaming rivals those black metal clowns, and his death growls blows most brutal death vocalists right out of the water. That guy is amazing.

What songs did he scream in? I only remember him growling and singing :confused:

dest. Chaos
08-16-2005, 05:10 AM
My keyboard doesn't have a Å key.
w0000t!! don't you have Å? Ä? Ö? I feel so sorry for you :lol: but you can use cominations (alt+numbers). or buy a swedish keyboard.

Shadows
08-16-2005, 10:04 AM
w0000t!! don't you have Å? Ä? Ö? I feel so sorry for you :lol: but you can use cominations (alt+numbers). or buy a swedish keyboard.
I could figure out the alt+key combos, but where/why the hell would I get a Swedish keyboard? Do you have an extra one you can send me? :)
What songs did he scream in? I only remember him growling and singing :confused:
Listen to old Opeth, like Morningrise, and especially Orchid (he did nothing but scream on Orchid).

Taste_My_Scythe
08-16-2005, 02:40 PM
I don't think I've ever tried any Bodom but I've never seen any sheet music or tabs for piano. I'll probably look into that. off.

That's because there aren't any. I've checked. I would love to be able to play half the stuff Janne can on the piano. I know a couple people who have keyboards too, and they'd probably let me try some stuff out; different sounds and what not.

Hello HateCrew. Miss me?

Shadows: I'm going to have to check out Akerfedlt, they sound pretty interesting.

flamesofbodom
08-16-2005, 02:43 PM
Welcome back Leah!

If you need Opeth i can hook you up.

Taste_My_Scythe
08-16-2005, 02:49 PM
Welcome back

:wave: Glad to be back.
Does anyone have the link for Bodom After Midnight? I seem to have misplaced it. :upset:

flamesofbodom
08-16-2005, 02:50 PM
http://musicianalliance.net/phpbb2/index.php

Taste_My_Scythe
08-16-2005, 02:51 PM
http://musicianalliance.net/phpbb2/index.php

Thanks! Now I can get back to being the thread nazi....aren't you all thrilled? ;)

Shadows
08-16-2005, 03:11 PM
Where in God's name have you been? And how have you never heard any Opeth???

It's good to see you again. :) I wanted to make a welcoming party for you but everyone else held me back, I swear...

And I'm sure we'll all be willing to give you Opeth.

Taste_My_Scythe
08-16-2005, 03:13 PM
Where in God's name have you been? And how have you never heard any Opeth???

It's good to see you again. :) I wanted to make a welcoming party for you but everyone else held me back, I swear...

And I'm sure we'll all be willing to give you Opeth.

Go read my post in the R&M Community; I don't feel like writing it out again. I have heard Opeth and I own two albums! Who said I haven't heard Opeth? :rolleyes:

Ah, I knew you all missed me. It's seriously good to see you all again too, and this is as good a welcome party as any. ;)

flamesofbodom
08-16-2005, 03:17 PM
Go read my post in the R&M Community; I don't feel like writing it out again. I have heard Opeth and I own two albums! Who said I haven't heard Opeth? :rolleyes:

Ah, I knew you all missed me. It's seriously good to see you all again too, and this is as good a welcome party as any. ;)
Tell Powerchord_rock to come over and make you mac 'n cheese :p

What Opeth albums do you have?

Shadows
08-16-2005, 03:18 PM
When you said you'd check out Akerfeldt because it sounded interesting, that meant you'd never heard him. And he of course is Opeth's vocalist.

/checks R&M

You douldn't even copy and paste it? :upset:

Taste_My_Scythe
08-16-2005, 03:21 PM
Tell Powerchord_rock to come over and make you mac 'n cheese :p

What Opeth albums do you have?

:lol: Yeah, I'm sure he'd love that. "Here ya go, sicko." Nah, I'm just kidding. He visited me in the hospital with a bunch of other friends.

I own Morningrise and Blackwater Park.

Ben - I'll copy and paste, gimme a sec.

AA-12
08-16-2005, 03:23 PM

:chug:

No one is even near his level. He is all around perfect.

Welcome back Leah :)

flamesofbodom
08-16-2005, 03:24 PM
:chug:

No one is even near his level. He is all around perfect.

Welcome back Leah :)
He's my fav. too.

And Im not saying that b/c everyone else is too :angry: :p

Shadows
08-16-2005, 03:25 PM
:lol: Yeah, I'm sure he'd love that. "Here ya go, sicko." Nah, I'm just kidding. He visited me in the hospital with a bunch of other friends.

I own Morningrise and Blackwater Park.

Ben - I'll copy and paste, gimme a sec.
It's okay, I just read the post in the Community thread.

I hope you had fun in your medical la-la land. :mad: I've been back here working to sustain order in R&M. This thread was particularly dead. We were left with me, Danny, and the occasional Josh. I was forced to spend all my time over in the Final Fantasy thread.

The Hate Crew forum is even worse. :mad: x2.

Akerfeldt :chug: I'm not the absolute biggest Opeth fan, but that guy is truly amazing.

Oh, and Ghost Reveries is a fucking amazing album.

flamesofbodom
08-16-2005, 03:27 PM
I havent heard anything besides The Grand Conjuration.

Dont upload anything!

And what can we do at The Hatecrew Forums? Its just....yeah

AA-12
08-16-2005, 03:29 PM
I havent heard anything besides The Grand Conjuration.

Dont upload anything!
Man, that's like the worst song there, haha. I'm currently to the point of where I don't dislike any Opeth song at all. They all amaze me.*

/ends Opeth fanboyism

What do you all think of the 3 new leaked songs? (Bodom)

EDIT: *I contridict myself :-\

Taste_My_Scythe
08-16-2005, 03:29 PM
Oh christ, I just found it. Read it anyways. :lol:
Excuse the detail.

pneumonia?! Leah how could this happen to anyone in summer?! Thank god (whom?!) you're not in the hospital anymore :(

:upset: It really sucked. First I had a real bad cough. Then I went to the doctor and they put me on meds. Then I went back and they told me I had bronchitis. Then I took a chest x-ray; doc said I had the beginning of pneumonia and that she wanted to admit me. Stayed there in the hospital, listening to little kids scream, being poked and prodded (in the middle of the night), having to do breathing treatments (in the middle of the night) and getting pumped full of IV stuff. I swear, I barely slept in that place. How the hell am I supposed to recover when I can't sleep?! Now I'm home, and I look like some kind of fucking random victim. My arms and hands are all bruised and everything.

NOT to mention that I can barely move my hands, hence, I haven't played guitar in over two weeks. Also, I've been in bed a lot, so I can't walk properly. :evil:

:thumb: I feel peachy!
heh, I dont think it was funny back then. Your hand was glued for the drip thing right? Bleh, all these are yucky. Again, I cant understand how you got pneumonia. Is it caused by a virus or something? Your organism will be vulnerable for a certain period of time, right? What cautions were you told to take?

Yep, I had a drip. Here's the story on that. I go to get my IV done in my LEFT hand. The nurse sticks me in a weird place...almost on top of my wrist. She keeps pushing it in and I jerk because she hits a nerve. Apparently, the needle pierced the vein and so there's blood bubbling up under my skin because the tourniquet is still on. So she tries to do the right hand, and manages. After spilling quite a lot of blood; I'm gusher. So that's all sore and everything. Next day, I'm in bed and I move my right hand and feel a twinge. Somehow, the IV had bent and had to be removed. That's where the nurse (didn't like her too much) decided to try to give me an IV in the crook of my left elbow. She poked me once and it didn't work. She hit the vein, but when she tried taking the needle out, the whole thing popped out. Then she just goes "oh, let me try again" and attempts to stick the same vein! Well, obviously, it shrivels up, so she tries the vein next to it. Didn't work. So she finally runs to get another nurse to do it, who stuck it in the side of my let wrist and tapes/glues it to a board. Yep.

Forgive me, I'm a writer; hence detail.
Don't know how I got the bug, but it was really bad. I have to be on antibiotics, and steriods (through a breathing treatment four times a day). And bed rest and fluids and what not.

Shadows
08-16-2005, 03:31 PM
Did you see my post over in the Community thread? Stop it! Reading that second part makes me want to pass out...I can't handle blood. :upset:

I haven't heard them, and I refuse to. I won't download another new song until the entire album is available. Hearing bits and pieces would drive me crazy.

I've already got a Ghost Reveries review ready for sputnik. :) I'll be sitting at my computer on the night of 8/29 waiting for 12:01 to roll around so I can post it the second the album has been legally released.

flamesofbodom
08-16-2005, 03:33 PM
Man, that's like the worst song there, haha. I'm currently to the point of where I don't dislike any Opeth song at all. They all amaze me.*

/ends Opeth fanboyism

EDIT: *I contridict myself :-\
I love them. This is going to be a great album :D Dammit im excited

Taste_My_Scythe
08-16-2005, 03:34 PM
Did you see my post over in the Community thread? Stop it! Reading that second part makes me want to pass out...I can't handle blood. :upset:

Just read it. My bad. :)

AA-12
08-16-2005, 03:34 PM

I guess I shouldn't speak of the time I got stabbed in the throat...

I haven't heard them, and I refuse to. I won't download another new song until the entire album is available. Hearing bits and pieces would drive me crazy.

Haha, yeah. So far it will be awesome.

Shadows
08-16-2005, 03:35 PM
Just read it. My bad. :)
Yes. Your bad. Be more careful. I don't want to be treated for shock because you like to flaunt your intimacy with needles. :mad:

Actually, I want to hear about that! :)

And I'm sure I'll love the album. I love In Your Face (screw you IheartSP) and after all, it's Bodom.

Taste_My_Scythe
08-16-2005, 03:35 PM

What the hell happened there? wow
Sorry Ben...

Yes. Your bad. Be more careful. I don't want to be treated for shock because you like to flaunt your intimacy with needles. :mad:

I wouldn't call it intimacy, per say...

EDIT: Josh, nevermind. Ben's going to hurl. I think I gave too much detail. :lol:

flamesofbodom
08-16-2005, 03:36 PM
Yes. Your bad. Be more careful. I don't want to be treated for shock because you like to flaunt your intimacy with needles. :lol: Internet Diseases

Shadows
08-16-2005, 03:37 PM
I want to hear about this throat stabbing.

Also TSASI, how do you say your name? I always think of "Tee-Sassy", but how do you say it? Is it like an acronym or an abbreviation?

Also, how's that writeup on screaming/growling coming?

AA-12
08-16-2005, 03:39 PM
What the hell happened there? wow
Sorry Ben...
Basically, I had a very serious hive breakout which made my throat swell to the point where it choked me. My mother and a friend had to ram a hollow pen into my windpipe (trachea) to get air flowing into my lungs. It was by far the most painful thing i've ever experienced.

flamesofbodom
08-16-2005, 03:40 PM
Dam, sorry about that.

Taste_My_Scythe
Basically, I had a very serious hive breakout which made my throat swell to the point where it choked me. My mother and a friend had to ram a hollow pen into my windpipe (trachea) to get air flowing into my lungs. It was by far the most painful thing i've ever experienced.

wow. Makes my trip sounds like a knee scrape. That's pretty bad.

AA-12
I want to hear about this throat stabbing.

Also TSASI, how do you say your name? I always think of "Tee-Sassy", but how do you say it? Is it like an acronym or an abbreviation?

Also, how's that writeup on screaming/growling coming?
Tea Ah Sea

It should be up tonight.

Shadows
:eek: did you die?

Tea Ah Sea

It should be up tonight.Interesting pronunciation. I like my way better. I really appreciate any help with vocals you can give as well. :)

AA-12
08-16-2005, 03:42 PM
:eek: did you die?
Funny thing is (not really funny, but..) I actually did technically die one time at the hospital. My oxygen level and such was so low that I was "dead".

Shadows
08-16-2005, 03:44 PM
Funny thing is (not really funny, but..) I actually did technically die one time at the hospital. My oxygen level and such was so low that I was "dead".
You're such a hardass. I've never really been seriously injured like you guys have before.

Taste_My_Scythe
08-16-2005, 03:45 PM
You're such a hardass. I've never really been seriously injured like you guys have before.

:p Trust me, you're not missing anything except pain.

Shadows
08-16-2005, 03:47 PM
Actually, earlier this summer, I did have a bloddy experience.

I was with a group of other guys swimming in a lake, and we were screwing around quite a bit. I attempted to drive my head into this guys chest (in the spirit of things) but aimed to high and got his teeth instead. I was only worried about how his mouth was until someone screamed, "Oh my God Ben! You've got blood all over your face!"

My head bled like hell for a while. Blood all over my clothes, a towel...it was sweet. :cool:

flamesofbodom
08-16-2005, 03:48 PM
Exactly. I never broke any bones, but ive sprianed my left foot about 3 times in which i cant miss school with all the fuckin stairs and 5 minutes to run to my locker and run to class :evil: I have to walk it off.

I was with a group of other guys swimming in a lake, and we were screwing around quite a bit. I attempted to drive my head into this guys chest (in the spirit of things) but aimed to high and got his teeth instead. I was only worried about how his mouth was until someone screamed, "Oh my God Ben! You've got blood all over your face!"

My head bled like hell for a while. Blood all over my clothes, a towel...it was sweet. :cool:
I get banged up all the time like that. It doesnt bother me since it happens all the time.

EDIT: Just now for instance i accidentaly slammed the cupoard door into my head

Taste_My_Scythe
08-16-2005, 03:51 PM

Ooooh, I had a pool experience. I was closing my eyes and swimming (see where I'm going with this?) because the chlorine was hurting my eyes. So I've got my hands stretched out and come up way too close to the little sticky out thing on the pool and scratched my forehead really bad. My dad freaked out, I had blood running all down my face.
We're spamming. :lol:

AA-12
08-16-2005, 03:51 PM
Exactly. Things like that do make you see things differently though, which is good.

Here's a summary of the death metal info I wrote up for you guys. My actual thing I was writing was too random and unordered I guess you would say. Instead of just sticking everything together I think I could just do it with questions, so ask for whatever you want to know about vocals.

Death Metal Info:

First of all, you have to realize that you can't do it right off. You need to learn to control your vocals and sing in steady pitch. Always keep good posture too, which means straight back, head up, and cheekbone semi high. Once you have done that you can start with adding the metal/heavy sound to your vocals. To do this, sing at a lower pitch and blow out a lot of air from your stomach. Do not suck in your gut, even though it seems natural. Try to keep it pushed out a little. One common mistake with death metal vocalists is that they try to overuse their throat and tighten it. Do not do this, it will only damage your ability to sing. Your main objective is to use your gut and force out a lot of air, while keeping your throat open and relaxed. Also, make sure that your adams apple doesn't go any higher than it would while talking to someone. Don't forget to always warm up before hand also with some standard vocal exercises. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

flamesofbodom
08-16-2005, 03:54 PM
What are some vocal exercises for singing/screaming?]

And ive been doing a lot of the stuff you said already. YES!!

Taste_My_Scythe
Good job, it's written in a way where you can understand it. Maybe some spaces would make it a little easier to read.

I'm going now. Not feeling too hot. :wave:

Shadows
Ooooh, I had a pool experience. I was closing my eyes and swimming (see where I'm going with this?) because the chlorine was hurting my eyes. So I've got my hands stretched out and come up way too close to the little sticky out thing on the pool and scratched my forehead really bad. My dad freaked out, I had blood running all down my face.
We're spamming. :lol:
Yeah, but since when do we ever stay on topic? It's like a community thread for CoB fans. :)

Tea Ah Si - thanks. :) That gave some good fundamental info. But when you say a summary, does that mean there's more? I had always wondered if death growls had some kind of trick to it that I didn't know or if it was like a "either you can do it or you can't" kind of thing. Looks like I need to practice my vocals.

AA-12
08-16-2005, 03:58 PM
Tea Ah Si - thanks. :) That gave some good fundamental info. But when you say a summary, does that mean there's more? I had always wondered if death growls had some kind of trick to it that I didn't know or if it was like a "either you can do it or you can't" kind of thing. Looks like I need to practice my vocals.
I have more written all over a notebook, but it would be pointless to try to write it all up and organize it. Death Metal is and isn't that. Some people can do it great easily, and some take work. All I can say is practice all you can. One good thing to do is put in a great death metal album and try to sing along to the vocalist. Another way to help is doing breathing exercises. Breath in deeply and hold it as long as you can, then breath out and hold that as long as you can. You can do that basically anytime during the day too, haha.

Shadows
08-16-2005, 04:08 PM
I now know that my problem before was that I tried to make my voice rapsy by tightening up my throat. I should've known to stop once it really started to hurt. Thanks for that.

But what do you mean by force out a lot of air? I try to do this but it just sounds like I'm singing and blowing at the same time. Is there some way to force the air out?

AA-12
08-16-2005, 04:12 PM
But what do you mean by force out a lot of air? I try to do this but it just sounds like I'm singing and blowing at the same time. Is there some way to force the air out?
You know how when you cough deep, you feel it in your stomach/chest? That's where you should feel the air coming from. Try to push as much air as possible out of your stomach; This will make the rasp/heavy tone to your vocals.

Shadows
08-16-2005, 04:20 PM
Thanks a lot. I finally got that part :)
So now I can breath from the stomach and I can kind of keep my throat open (that will take some practice). I can get a raspy sound going, but how do I get the really deep, gutteral sound? Do I just push harder and keep trying?

FlyingPaul_83
08-16-2005, 10:24 PM
What tuning do they usually play in?

1 whole step drop D?

Shadows
08-16-2005, 11:09 PM
The older stuff is in D (all strings down a step) but the new stuff is in drop C (Drop D down a step).

Atatath
08-17-2005, 02:54 AM
ha! i knew it was drop C, i had tabbed Sixpounder (without the solos) on www.mxtabs.net, and someone had tabbed one in Standard C which had the solo, but im sure mine was perfect (Apart from the lead solos not being tabbed). But that proves mine in right, so if any of you play guitar, check out my tab and tell me what you think of it.

shadow_stalker
08-17-2005, 03:46 AM
I wish that i was good enough to play Bodom songs on the guitar, me thinks i need to practice none stop for awhile :upset:

dest. Chaos
08-17-2005, 11:24 AM
I could figure out the alt+key combos, but where/why the hell would I get a Swedish keyboard? Do you have an extra one you can send me? :)

yeah sure . I have many keyboards.....

flamesofbodom
08-17-2005, 01:16 PM
I wish that i was good enough to play Bodom songs on the guitar, me thinks i need to practice none stop for awhile :upset:
Try to play SOME of a bodom song...start out with Follow The Reaper.

Play it slow and practice all the leads in your spare time. You'll eventually play it perfectly at normal speed

dest. Chaos
08-17-2005, 01:45 PM
learn hate me it's easy.....

flamesofbodom
08-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Actually yeah the lead in Hate Me is a great warm-up.

dest. Chaos
08-17-2005, 02:22 PM
Actually yeah the lead in Hate Me is a great warm-up.
yepp it is....

EverytimeIBodom
08-17-2005, 03:20 PM
I'm back from 11 days of being gone :wave: , What's going on?

Shadows
08-17-2005, 03:22 PM
Not much at all.

I've been practicing on improving my speed quite a bit lately. I used a metronome to clock Alexi's speed during the Follow the Reaper solo, and I'm not far off at all. It feels good to shred - or at least get close. :)

EverytimeIBodom
08-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Not much at all.

I've been practicing on improving my speed quite a bit lately. I used a metronome to clock Alexi's speed during the Follow the Reaper solo, and I'm not far off at all. It feels good to shred - or at least get close. :)

Good for you :thumb: I'm jamming with some friends for the next 2 weeks, we have the house all day and we're thinking of learning a Bodom song, but they're worried about it being too hard. Vocals aside, what would you say are some easy songs by them?

Shadows
08-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Well, it's safe to assume that every song will have a wildly difficult solo.

But aside from that, Needled 24/7 is easy as well as Bad of Razors and Hate Me!

EverytimeIBodom
08-17-2005, 03:38 PM
Well, it's safe to assume that every song will have a wildly difficult solo.

But aside from that, Needled 24/7 is easy as well as Bad of Razors and Hate Me!
Bed of Razors would need a keyboardist though, something we have to do without.

edit: Well all 3 would need keyboards, but bed of razors more-so.

flamesofbodom
08-17-2005, 03:40 PM
The main riff in Bed Of Razors takes a while to get down though

Hells Bells
08-17-2005, 05:28 PM
I'm still waiting for IHeartSP to come back on so I can ask him about those GP4 files. I tried looking for them after he mentioned it and I still can't find anything :confused:

Shadows
08-17-2005, 05:46 PM
The main riff in Bed Of Razors takes a while to get down though
Are you kidding? Bed of Razors? That's the easiest Bodom riff I had ever heard.

The keyboards wouldn't be too big a loss. You could just substitute a guitar in for it during the lead melody parts and do without the atmosphere.

flamesofbodom
08-17-2005, 05:57 PM

The keyboards wouldn't be too big a loss. You could just substitute a guitar in for it during the lead melody parts and do without the atmosphere.
I meant it was hard for me to play it as fast as them. I dont know why though :confused:

EverytimeIBodom
08-17-2005, 06:04 PM

A good idea... But where would I find the a guitar tab for the keyboard part? Would I need to do that myself?

flamesofbodom
08-17-2005, 06:08 PM
The keyboard plays the same thing as the guitar(except for the solo)

Shadows
08-17-2005, 06:12 PM
I meant it was hard for me to play it as fast as them. I dont know why though :confused:
:confused: You're talking the main riff as in the thing the keyboard plays in the beginning? Or the riff Alexi plays in between vocals in the verse? I always thought that was incredibly easy...maybe I just got lucky with that one or something.

The keyboards don't do much besides copy the guitars or solo, so that won't be a problem.

flamesofbodom
08-17-2005, 06:23 PM
The very first lead in the song

MRDuCran
08-17-2005, 09:42 PM
:confused: You're talking the main riff as in the thing the keyboard plays in the beginning? Or the riff Alexi plays in between vocals in the verse? I always thought that was incredibly easy...maybe I just got lucky with that one or something.

The keyboards don't do much besides copy the guitars or solo, so that won't be a problem.

Maybe you could post a recording of you playing it?

Shadows
08-17-2005, 09:47 PM
Maybe you could post a recording of you playing it?
If you really want, I may, but not until I'm exactly sure which one we're talking about.

Listen to the song and tell me exactly what time the riff starts. I just want to make sure we're all on the same page.

FlyingPaul_83
08-17-2005, 09:51 PM
I orgasm everytime i hear towards dead end from 4:30-4:37. One of the coolest things i've ever heard.

TWade
08-17-2005, 10:51 PM
This was probably already posted before but its 135 pages so, whens the new album coming out? If the info is available.

Shadows
08-17-2005, 11:04 PM
Sept. 19 US, Sept. 14 Finland

Hells Bells
08-17-2005, 11:05 PM
The release date is September 17th, and their world tour starts after that :D I have yet to get my tickets though.

ShadowsFallen's dates sound more accurate...and my source was some random e-zine.

flamesofbodom
08-18-2005, 09:33 AM
If you really want, I may, but not until I'm exactly sure which one we're talking about.

Listen to the song and tell me exactly what time the riff starts. I just want to make sure we're all on the same page.

00:00 - 00:14

Shadows
08-18-2005, 09:48 AM
That's what I thought.

I just checked Scythes of bodom and apparently CoB will be touring the US twice after the relase of AYDY. I'm happpy. :)

Hells Bells
08-18-2005, 09:56 AM
Twice? Excellent :D
And on the first tour they're playing with Amon Amarath. That makes me very happy :)
I know that the first time around they'll be playing mostly songs from the new album, but I'm hoping that they'll play more of the older stuff the second time around.

flamesofbodom
08-18-2005, 10:01 AM
If they play Black Widow and Bodom After Midnight, my life will be complete.

RIP Ian Curtis
08-18-2005, 10:25 AM
I love children of bodom more than my immediate family. They rock my tiny little world, and I'm not even that much into metal. COB, Dimmu Borgir and Soilwork, those are like a holy trinity

MRDuCran
08-18-2005, 10:25 AM

00:00-00:14 like flamesofbodom said.

Twilight_Metal_Head
08-18-2005, 11:41 AM
I like Little Bloodred Ridn' Hood

Shadows
08-18-2005, 11:48 AM
I love children of bodom more than my immediate family. They rock my tiny little world, and I'm not even that much into metal. COB, Dimmu Borgir and Soilwork, those are like a holy trinity
If Dimmu Borgir is in there than your Trinity isn't the least bit Holy. :lol:

Hells Bells
08-18-2005, 11:49 AM

Good call :lol:

dest. Chaos
08-18-2005, 12:36 PM
If they play Black Widow and Bodom After Midnight, my life will be complete.
Black Widow has only been played on a few shows in 1999 and 2000...

Atatath
08-18-2005, 04:28 PM
Can any of you play the lead solos to sixpounder? im so p***ed off (i dont know if this forum allows you... so im not taking any chances of getting kicked out) that on mxtabs people are so brown-nosing the top tabbers and administrators to get points... there is a 5***** tab of sixpounder that is in standard C and ive tried it and it doesnt sound as right as mine does, so if anyone knows the two lead solos could you tab it and send it to me? my msn address has been deleted, so would you be able to post it in this forum? if i can have the solos tabbed ill edit my current tab and give you the full credit for it. thank you, that is all.

Taste_My_Scythe
08-18-2005, 04:33 PM

:lol: Not a fan?

I like Little Bloodred Ridn' Hood

Me too. :thumb:

Ok, so does anyone know where I can get a translation of what the guys are saying in the Britney Queers cover?

Shadows
08-18-2005, 04:33 PM
First off, Sixpunder is played in Drop C, not C Standard.

If you like, I can tab out the solos. It shouldn't take me long.

:lol: Not a fan?
No, I like a little Dimmu (only one album actually), but Shagrath is one of the biggest anti-Christs in the music scene today.

MRDuCran
08-18-2005, 05:36 PM
The solos for Sixpounder are on guitar pro i think.

And the words for the middle part of the Britney cover can be found on some website like scythes-of-bodom or something like that. It was mentioned on an earlier page of this thread so went on it and found out but i can't remember.

MRDuCran
08-18-2005, 05:45 PM
And here it is:

"oops I did it again" conversation

yeah, Alexi starts that song saying "PERKELE"
it´s like devil, but you can say also ****.
and that little conversation middle in that song:

-jätkät hei mä lähen menee ihan oikeesti
-hey guys, I´m really going now
-hei ennen ku sä lähet niin kato mitä mä toin sulle
-hey, before you leave, whatch what I brouhgt to you
- ei jumalauta hyvän näkönen, mut eiks tää on niin ku...
-no, god****, good looking, but isn´t it...
- on, on sikspäkki, kyllä
-yeah yeah a six pack, yes
- eihän sun ois tarvinu, hyvä mies, sitä paitsi meillä on noita väkeviä..
-hey, you didn´t need to, good man, furthermore we have those spirits
-nii nii, mut aamuks
-yeah, yeah, but those are for morning

and in the very end Alexi says:

-ei se mitään
-it doesn´t matter

Atatath
08-18-2005, 05:45 PM
The solos for Sixpounder are on guitar pro i think.

And the words for the middle part of the Britney cover can be found on some website like scythes-of-bodom or something like that. It was mentioned on an earlier page of this thread so went on it and found out but i can't remember.

Silenius
08-18-2005, 05:48 PM
Dude where the **** can I hear the Britney Spears cover?!?

MRDuCran
08-18-2005, 05:58 PM
Its on their new single that's out now.

Hells Bells
08-18-2005, 06:14 PM
And here it is:

"oops I did it again" conversation

yeah, Alexi starts that song saying "PERKELE"
it´s like devil, but you can say also ****.
and that little conversation middle in that song:

-jätkät hei mä lähen menee ihan oikeesti
-hey guys, I´m really going now
-hei ennen ku sä lähet niin kato mitä mä toin sulle
-hey, before you leave, whatch what I brouhgt to you
- ei jumalauta hyvän näkönen, mut eiks tää on niin ku...
-no, god****, good looking, but isn´t it...
- on, on sikspäkki, kyllä
-yeah yeah a six pack, yes
- eihän sun ois tarvinu, hyvä mies, sitä paitsi meillä on noita väkeviä..
-hey, you didn´t need to, good man, furthermore we have those spirits
-nii nii, mut aamuks
-yeah, yeah, but those are for morning

and in the very end Alexi says:

-ei se mitään
-it doesn´t matter

:lol:

haha those jokers, it's all about the alcohol.

I'll upload the cover for you in a second, the YSIs posted earlier have probably expired by now.

Silenius
08-18-2005, 06:15 PM
Its on their new single that's out now.
No, meant are there any links?

Hells Bells
08-18-2005, 06:22 PM
There ya go :)
hxxp://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1VJFM3WBSP0CG3J7TP5Q6T1L0L

Daven
08-18-2005, 06:25 PM
How many cd's has CoB released?

Silenius
08-18-2005, 06:26 PM
Thanks. :)

Shadows
08-18-2005, 06:30 PM
How many cd's has CoB released?
If you're talking strictly full-length albums, than 5 counting the upcoming album. They've also released many singles and several EPs, so I don't know how many overall.

Am I the only one who is surprised about how secret the new songs have been kept? I would've expected more than IYF and the cover to have leaked by now. :(

Iron Man
08-18-2005, 06:38 PM

So funny :lol:

Hells Bells
08-18-2005, 06:43 PM
If you're talking strictly full-length albums, than 5 counting the upcoming album. They've also released many singles and several EPs, so I don't know how many overall.

Am I the only one who is surprised about how secret the new songs have been kept? I would've expected more than IYF and the cover to have leaked by now. :(

Yeah, it's only a month until it's worlwide release, usually by now the whole album would be circulating through the internet. Opeth's new album leaked two months before it's release date.

MRDuCran
08-19-2005, 08:32 AM
Well half the album was uploaded in this thread wasn't it.

flamesofbodom
08-19-2005, 08:42 AM
Yup and its excellent. Thanks for doing the dialogue BTW.

Shadows
08-19-2005, 09:00 AM
I refuse to download any more songs without hearing the entire album. :angry: I can't believe it hasn't leaked yet. The same goes for the new Arcturus.

EDIT: This may seem odd. Was anyone going to try and order the Japanese import version? I was thinking about it since it comes with bonus tracks and a bonus DVD. It would be quite expensive but I think a DVD would be worth it.

flamesofbodom
08-19-2005, 09:08 AM
I cant find anyone who's doing that.

Shadows
08-19-2005, 09:42 AM
I just found out I'm going to see Bodom. I am now more excited than I have even been in my life. Apparently they're coming to Harpo's (Detroit) in November.

Life = Complete :) x10,000

flamesofbodom
08-19-2005, 09:47 AM
FUCK :angry:

Everyone i want to see goes to Harpos :upset: Im gonna kill someone

iBENezrocker
08-19-2005, 09:53 AM
If you ask me they're overrated, sound good, but then thats the keyboard, not so much the guitarist. Also the techno keyboards/heavy keyboards remind me of like magna and anime pokemon type stff. I know its weird, but hey thats just me

MRDuCran
08-19-2005, 10:04 AM
Yeah well we all love them so keep it quiet please.

Taste_My_Scythe
08-19-2005, 10:17 AM
EDIT: This may seem odd. Was anyone going to try and order the Japanese import version? I was thinking about it since it comes with bonus tracks and a bonus DVD. It would be quite expensive but I think a DVD would be worth it.

Where can you get that? I didn't hear anything about it; I'd get it!
I can't believe you're going to see Bodom. :upset: Take pictures.

Thanks MRD for the translation...I knew it was something like that but I wanted to make sure. :thumb:

MRDuCran
08-19-2005, 10:21 AM
Thats no problem dude.

Taste_My_Scythe
08-19-2005, 10:22 AM
Thats no problem dude.

I feel so out of the loop, I haven't been to SoB in ages. I didn't even realize the single had come out until yesterday. :evil:
/ashamed Bodom freak

MRDuCran
08-19-2005, 10:44 AM
I only knew because of this thread, in fact i learnt about the whole new album thing from this thread. But hey, at least we know now.

Taste_My_Scythe
08-19-2005, 10:50 AM
Yes, we're pretty informative here. :D
I knew about the album for a while, mainly from news on SoB. Great site, that. It's got everything. The board isn't too interesting though, I joined for a little bit.

Shattered_Future
08-19-2005, 11:05 AM
Wait, was half the album uploaded? If it was, would somebody care to upload it again?

/just got back from vacation :D

Taste_My_Scythe
08-19-2005, 11:05 AM
Wait, was half the album uploaded? If it was, would somebody care to upload it again?

Uh, I don't think so...just the cover and In Your Face. But you were here for that.
Have fun on vacation?

MRDuCran
08-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Nah man there was about 6 tracks from it.... I downloaded them from somewhere but i'm not positive it was here though, could of been.

Shadows
08-19-2005, 11:35 AM

Welcome back. I've been wondering where you were (and Leah, but she's back too).

To those who missed it, yes, half the album was uplaoded. Some guy I had never seen before posted saying he got ahold of a sampler for the new album. He uplaoded it with these tracks:

In Your Face
Bastards of Bodom
Living Dead Beat
Are You Dead Yet?
If You Want Peace... Prepare for War
Trashed Lost & Strungout

I didn't download it because I'm adamant about waiting for the entire album to leak. I also appreciate your condolances and will tell you all about the show after I go see CoB with Amon amarth. :D

On Scythes of Bodom they tell of the Japanese version of AYDY? containing bonus tarcks and a DVD. I'm assuming you'll be able to import it from Japan through Amazon for a lot of money, but I think it will be worth it.

EDIT: I found it. Many pages back. Here you go:

1. Are You Dead Yet?
3. In Your Face
4. Bastards of Bodom
6. Oops I Did It Again
Unfortunately, the link has expired. :(

Shattered_Future
08-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Found it. :)

Flamesofbodom uploaded it in the YSI thread a few pages back...

MRDuCran
08-19-2005, 12:40 PM
Well if anyone wants it here:

hxxp://s26.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3EYML87S7ZWKZ38BRYM5H7MQKU

Shadows
08-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Alright, I downloaded the promo, but I swear to Christ on the cross I won't listen to it. :mad:

spanky poo
08-19-2005, 12:44 PM
Spam On Vagina

MegaMustaine
08-19-2005, 01:58 PM
Well, I got Hatebreeder. I like it quite a bit. Some of the stuff is awesome, although I mainly ignore the vocals, however I like the song "Children of Bodom" a lot. Its number 7 I believe.

EverytimeIBodom
08-19-2005, 03:47 PM
I'm officially going to the Montreal show Nov. 10th. :D I've got my tickets. They're with Trivium and Amon Amarth. Oh I cannot wait!

Shadows
08-19-2005, 03:56 PM
I'm officially going to the Montreal show Nov. 10th. :D I've got my tickets. They're with Trivium and Amon Amarth. Oh I cannot wait!
Me too (except for the Montreal part). I can't wait. *slaps hands*

EverytimeIBodom
08-19-2005, 04:06 PM
Me too (except for the Montreal part). I can't wait. *slaps hands*
Woohoo! What say you to us parading around naked?

EDIT: But not now, later, because now I must leave.

Shadows
08-19-2005, 04:25 PM
Woohoo! What say you to us parading around naked?

EDIT: But not now, later, because now I must leave.
Sure. You first though. Then, when people are disgusted by your lack of human dignity (possibly calling local authorities due to indecent exposure), I will reconsider and most likely leave as you are taken to a local jail and fined.

But I'm still looking forward to the show. :)

AA-12
08-19-2005, 04:47 PM
....The same goes for the new Arcturus.
I can't wait for that. Vortex on vocals = amazing. His work in Dimmu Borgir owned.

Shadows
08-19-2005, 04:48 PM
I can't wait for that. Vortex on vocals = amazing. His work in Dimmu Borgir owned.
Do you know what albums he sang well on? I have some older Dimmu and I thought whoever was doing the clean singing (not sure if it was him back then) was terrible. But everyone else thinks otherwise so I must be wrong.

NP: Between the Buried and Me - Selkies: The Endless Obsession

By the way TSASI, do you like BTBAM?

AA-12
08-19-2005, 04:56 PM
Do you know what albums he sang well on? I have some older Dimmu and I thought whoever was doing the clean singing (not sure if it was him back then) was terrible. But everyone else thinks otherwise so I must be wrong.

NP: Between the Buried and Me - Selkies: The Endless Obsession

By the way TSASI, do you like BTBAM?
Death Cult Armaggedon and Puritanical _____ _____ had great vocals from him.

Yes, I love them.

Shadows
08-19-2005, 04:58 PM
That would explain it. I've never heard Puritanical and I almost never listen to Death Cult (I've been meaning to). I only regularly listen to Enthrone Darkness Triumphant and there was little/no clean singing at all on that one.

Have you heard the new BTBAM album Alaska?

AA-12
08-19-2005, 05:00 PM
Nope, any good?

Shadows
08-19-2005, 05:12 PM
Nope, any good?
FUCKING AMAZING.

I just downloaded the leak from soulseek...and holy Jesus. I will buy this the day it comes out. Some of the old style mixed with all new aspects. Brutal, melodic, technical, ambient...I'm still trying to put into words just how good it is. It's even somewhat progressive.

Mr. Squiggles
08-19-2005, 06:17 PM
Well if anyone wants it here:

hxxp://s26.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3EYML87S7ZWKZ38BRYM5H7MQKU

I'm going to try and hold out for this one.

Yea!! I finally have time to post again.

EverytimeIBodom
08-19-2005, 07:14 PM
Sure. You first though. Then, when people are disgusted by your lack of human dignity (possibly calling local authorities due to indecent exposure), I will reconsider and most likely leave as you are taken to a local jail and fined.

But I'm still looking forward to the show. :)
Are you saying that I have a small member?

IheartSP
08-19-2005, 08:02 PM
Woo I'm back everyone! I just got home from Boston. Everyone at Berklee owns the hell out of me at guitar it really sucks.

Shadows
08-19-2005, 08:04 PM
Woo I'm back everyone! I just got home from Boston. Everyone at Berklee owns the hell out of me at guitar it really sucks.
I know the feeling. I hope you had fun.

Are you saying that I have a small member?That depends on what organization it belongs to.

Silenius
08-19-2005, 08:06 PM
It can't have been unexpected though since they pay 10,000$ per semester to get better.

EverytimeIBodom
08-19-2005, 08:35 PM
That depends on what organization it belongs to.
Ok.....I'm just a little confused.

Shadows
08-19-2005, 08:37 PM
Member? Organization? As in a member of an organization?

...nevermind.

FlyingPaul_83
08-19-2005, 08:51 PM
This has probably been discussed before, but what your least favorite album cover? Mine is something wild, then follow the reaper.

EverytimeIBodom
08-19-2005, 09:03 PM
Member? Organization? As in a member of an organization?

...nevermind.
Male? Penal? i dunno what to say... I feel dumb

EverytimeIBodom
08-19-2005, 09:05 PM
This has probably been discussed before, but what your least favorite album cover? Mine is something wild, then follow the reaper.
Most of them are basically a reaper with a different color scheme

EDIT: Double post my bad

flamesofbodom
08-19-2005, 09:14 PM
Whoo hoo! I just got a Bodom shirt, an IF shirt, STYE w/ the bonus DVD, the Deluxe Edition of Hatebreeder, and With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness-At The Gates, and now im broke!

EverytimeIBodom
08-19-2005, 09:22 PM
Whoo hoo! I just got a Bodom shirt, an IF shirt, STYE w/ the bonus DVD, the Deluxe Edition of Hatebreeder, and With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness-At The Gates, and now im broke!
How much did that put you back?

Shadows
08-19-2005, 09:24 PM
What does the Deluxe Hatebreeder have that the original doesn't?

flamesofbodom
08-19-2005, 09:26 PM
A cover of Stone(the band), a wallpaper, a video(unreleased), and unreleased pics, and other things that i forgot about. Same with Something Wild.

And that was about 80 bucks easy

Shadows
08-19-2005, 09:27 PM
I have the Deluxe Something Wild, but I wasn't sure if it would be worth it to buy Deluxe Hatebreeder since I already own the original.

flamesofbodom
08-19-2005, 09:31 PM
Well if they make a DE of FTR ill buy it...unless the bonus track is Hellion since mine came with that already

Shadows
08-19-2005, 09:56 PM
There are different versions of FtR that came with different bonus tracks so maybe they'll include all of them all on one disc.

MegaMustaine
08-20-2005, 02:19 PM
What's the official bodom website? Everything I go to has old tour dates I think, and doesn't say anything about a montreal show.

IheartSP
08-20-2005, 02:24 PM
Hey everyone, I got back from Berklee yesterday. Everyone there was so much better than me at guitar. It was cool tho, everyone go download some Joe Stump right now.

Shadows
08-20-2005, 02:25 PM
cobhc.com is the official, but it's been down lately.

scythes-of-bodom.com is even better. I'm not sure if all dates have been confirmed and listed though. I only know about the show I'm going to because they're listed at the venue's website.

Shattered_Future
08-20-2005, 02:29 PM
Hey everyone, I got back from Berklee yesterday. Everyone there was so much better than me at guitar. It was cool tho, everyone go download some Joe Stump right now.

I always wanted to see what Berklee was like...

Does anyone else think Hellion is a great cover? It's really fun to sing along to...it's got that driving feel to it.

MegaMustaine
08-20-2005, 02:31 PM
I just checked blabbermouth.net for the dates.

Dammn, that sucks. Why doesn't anyone ever come to the Midwest?

Shadows
08-20-2005, 02:35 PM

Does anyone else think Hellion is a great cover? It's really fun to sing along to...it's got that driving feel to it.
I don't reall like any of Bodom's covers, but this one I can stand along with those on TLS. They usually do covers that you can sing along to. I just like the sound effects of a guy cracking open a beer and taking a drink. Classic Bodom.

8.Metal.Militia.8
08-20-2005, 02:53 PM
i may be seeing bodom when they come to Toronto :thumb: , there playing with Amon Amarth

Moses
08-20-2005, 02:56 PM
I heard that Berklee is easy to get into because they're all about money.

8.Metal.Militia.8
08-20-2005, 02:57 PM
this is a stupid question that is completely unrelated to bodom, but how do i get an avatar?

Shadows
08-20-2005, 03:42 PM
I've also heard they're an extremely Liberal school and are very political. That by itself gives me a bad impression.

this is a stupid question that is completely unrelated to bodom, but how do i get an avatar?
Go to 'User CP' and look at the options at the left side of the screen. Click on the thing that says 'Edit Avatar' or something along those lines. From there just follow the instructions.

IheartSP
08-20-2005, 03:44 PM
Berklee is the marijuana capitol of the U.S. Everyone their smokes. I don't really care about going to the school I just thought the summer camp was really kickass.

dest. Chaos
08-20-2005, 05:03 PM

hellion owns the ****. i love it..

flamesofbodom
08-20-2005, 06:13 PM

Its one of their best covers. I havent heard the WASP version yet though and i cant find the album anywhere 'cept amazon.

Mr. Squiggles
08-20-2005, 06:43 PM
hellion owns the ****. i love it..

Yeah, that song rocks. I think it's better that the original.

alphamonkey
08-20-2005, 07:17 PM
Agreed.

D-Man
08-20-2005, 07:21 PM
Children of Bodom are amazing. Short songs - no filler material- packed with awesome riffs and solos - and quite catchy. The music is brutal and beautiful. Laiho is one awesome genius.

Shadows
08-20-2005, 07:22 PM
Children of Bodom are amazing. Short songs - no filler material- packed with awesome riffs and solos - and quite catchy. The music is brutal and beautiful. Laiho is one awesome genius.
Word.

Atatath
08-21-2005, 06:09 AM
i second to that. i agree (in a formal way)
Whats the main topic of the bodom forum at the moment?

alphamonkey
08-21-2005, 10:45 AM
Nothing really....how does everybody like the album art of the first 3 albums compared to the 3 newer ones?(Trashed, Lost, and Strungout EP is counted as a new one.)

EverytimeIBodom
08-21-2005, 11:35 AM
I just checked blabbermouth.net for the dates.

Dammn, that sucks. Why doesn't anyone ever come to the Midwest?
You mentioned Montreal didn't you? I'm going to that show

flamesofbodom
08-21-2005, 12:37 PM
Nothing really....how does everybody like the album art of the first 3 albums compared to the 3 newer ones?(Trashed, Lost, and Strungout EP is counted as a new one.)
I like FTR b/c i love blue :p

alphamonkey
08-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Yeah, i like FTR's album art the most as well, and blue was the right color for that album. Every album's color (of COBs) is appropriate for the music on it. I really love how they make each album cover have reaper and a single color.

IheartSP
08-21-2005, 01:19 PM
I think their album covers are bad becuase they go along with the lyrics, which I also think are bad. I was never into death themes, especially in powermetal music.

Sebek
08-21-2005, 01:33 PM
I just got the Trashed, Lost & Strung out EP. My first bought Bodom album. Besides that I have about (/checks) 42 songs. Although I agree they can be a bit lame at times, and the fanboys almost shame me for liking the same band as them, they're still one of my favorite overall Metal bands.

Mr. Squiggles
08-21-2005, 01:37 PM

I like the first three better. I really like the Follow The Reaper and Somthing Wild covers but my favorite is Hatebreeder.

Shattered_Future
08-21-2005, 02:15 PM
I love the FTR cover and the Something Wild cover the most. The rest are kinda blah.

ArcLite
08-21-2005, 02:17 PM
I kind of like them all. I like how they keep the same theme, but make it different each time.

alphamonkey
08-21-2005, 02:18 PM
Yeah, and they changed the whole theme of their music after FTR, I like the older Bodom better.

ArcLite
08-21-2005, 02:20 PM
Yeah, and they changed the whole theme of their music after FTR, I like the older Bodom better.

They may have changed their sound, but I don't think their theme, lyrics, or message changed much at all.

Shattered_Future
08-21-2005, 02:21 PM
I like the sound they get on some of the Are You Dead Yet? tracks.

AA-12
08-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I actually think they are going in a better direction now.

Mr. Squiggles
08-21-2005, 02:56 PM
They may have changed their sound, but I don't think their theme, lyrics, or message changed much at all.

Yeah, I think that all stayed the same. But I don't really like thier lyrics so it dosen't matter to me.

Yeah, I actually think they are going in a better direction now.

I wouldn't say that but I think thier new stuff is good, just not as good as thier older stuff.

dest. Chaos
08-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Hatebreeder and TLS looks best I think.

leomondaine
08-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Somone upload the Britney Spears cover, i cant find it anywhere

Mr. Squiggles
08-22-2005, 07:22 AM
Somone upload the Britney Spears cover, i cant find it anywhere

I'll get it for you.

http://rapidshare.de/files/4247726/i_did_it_again.mp3.html

There you go, Enjoy.

zombie autopilot
08-22-2005, 08:52 AM
I like about 90% of cob's songs.

Mr. Squiggles
08-22-2005, 09:28 AM
I like about 90% of cob's songs.

I like about 99.9999999999999% of CoB songs.

Screw it! I'l go all out and say 100%

spitfirejunky
08-22-2005, 10:52 AM
They tend to get repetitive with their techniques and sounds, but they write extremely eloquent songs, even if many of the themes are stolen.

I like "Bed of Razors," "Silent Night, Bodom Night," and "Chokehold."

alphamonkey
08-22-2005, 12:10 PM
It's true that Bodom recycles riffs and things of nature from times to time, but their songs are all great none the less.

Shadows
08-22-2005, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I actually think they are going in a better direction now.Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one insisting that they're turning metalcore/nu metal. I really like the new stuff.

Shattered_Future
08-22-2005, 12:14 PM
I love Are You Dead Yet? (the track). It's got a great feel to it for some reason...just awesome.

Only thing is I don't like how Alexi's voice has changed...he lost his black metalish phlegemy voice for a more normal scream.

sgt.bukkake
08-22-2005, 12:22 PM
anybody heard Childern's cover of the final countdown?

munky_magik
08-22-2005, 12:27 PM
anybody heard Childern's cover of the final countdown?
That wasn't Children of Bodom.

Shadows
08-22-2005, 12:33 PM
I love Are You Dead Yet? (the track). It's got a great feel to it for some reason...just awesome.

Only thing is I don't like how Alexi's voice has changed...he lost his black metalish phlegemy voice for a more normal scream.
Me too. The only new song I've heard is In Your Face (staying true to my word until the whole album leaks). I love IYF. Very heavy and aggressive with plenty of keyboard.

My only complaint about new Bodom is the same - Alexi's voice. I loved his higher black metal screaming to no end, but he's been using a more conventional scream since Hate Crew. This saddens me.

Bodom never covered Final Countdown either. That was Norther. I never understood how people got it in their heads that CoB did that song.

flamesofbodom
08-22-2005, 12:39 PM
It's true that Bodom recycles riffs and things of nature from times to time, but their songs are all great none the less.
I doubt it. But i did realize Bodom After Midnight and Taste Of My Scythe use the same chord patterns.

BTW im tabbing out IYF if anyone wants to help

Shadows
08-22-2005, 12:44 PM
I doubt it. But i did realize Bodom After Midnight and Taste Of My Scythe use the same chord patterns.

I'll be willing to help if you want. Just let me know. I have some transcribing software so I can slow down any solo or riff you give me. I can eliminate vocals or one of the guitars too, so if you need help chances are I'll be able to do it.

Have you all gone over cobhc.com and voted for your 4 favorite songs??? The voting will help determine which songs will be played live on their world tour. I'm actually going to see them there, so help me out! :)

I voted for:
Kissing the Shadows
Bodom After Midnight
Deadnight Warrior
Bed of Razors

Shattered_Future
08-22-2005, 12:47 PM
Mine were:

Kissing The Shadows
Follow The Reaper
Touch Like Angel Of Death
Chokehold (Cocked 'N Loaded)

:D

flamesofbodom
08-22-2005, 12:48 PM
I'll be willing to help if you want. Just let me know. I have some transcribing software so I can slow down any solo or riff you give me. I can eliminate vocals or one of the guitars too, so if you need help chances are I'll be able to do it.

Have you all gone over cobhc.com and voted for your 4 favorite songs??? The voting will help determine which songs will be played live on their world tour. I'm actually going to see them there, so help me out! :)

I voted for:
Kissing the Shadows
Bodom After Midnight
Deadnight Warrior
Bed of RazorsOh cool i would love to get of the vocals :p Yeah that would be helpful, ill upload what i have so far.

Im going to vote now

Mr. Squiggles
08-22-2005, 12:50 PM
I voted...

Bed of Razors
Lake Bodom
Red Light In My Eyes (pt 2)
Kissing the Shadows

flamesofbodom
08-22-2005, 12:56 PM
In Your Face tab (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=309M04ZM)

Here ya go ShadowsFallen see what you can do.

I voted:
Bed Of Razors
Black Widow
Bodom After Midnight
Deadnight Warrior

Shadows
08-22-2005, 01:06 PM
Alrighty then. I have to go into work now, so the tab will have to wait. I'll get working on it as soon as I get home tomarrow and see if I can't help you finish it.

Thank you all for voting. :D

blue3
08-22-2005, 01:43 PM
I just got Trashed, Lost & Strungout a few days ago. The songs are great.

AA-12
08-22-2005, 02:20 PM
I wish people would realize that there is no such thing as an original riff.

Shattered_Future
08-22-2005, 02:35 PM
I wish people would realize that there is no such thing as an original riff.

Explain?

The majority of bands use recycled riffs...or parts of riffs. However, there are a few bands that have quite a few original riffs.

AA-12
08-22-2005, 02:40 PM
It's just not possible to have an original riff. No matter what, someone always will have came up with the riff before you. It's based on theory.

dest. Chaos
08-22-2005, 03:05 PM
Would anyone here like if I uploaded the TLS dvd?

Mr. Squiggles
08-22-2005, 03:32 PM
Would anyone here like if I uploaded the TLS dvd?

Yeah, that would rock if you could do that! :D

ArcLite
08-22-2005, 03:45 PM
What do you guys want, the Trashed and Lost in Helsinki part?

EDIT: NM, I thought the original post was a request, not an offer...I'm an idiot.

Mr. Squiggles
08-22-2005, 04:08 PM
What do you guys want, the Trashed and Lost in Helsinki part?

EDIT: NM, I thought the original post was a request, not an offer...I'm an idiot.

Yeah, I think thats what he was talking about, and since dest. Chaos is offline, if you have it, it would be cool if you could upload it.

/needs to learn to be more patient

ArcLite
08-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Ok, it's uploading, but of course it's going to be a while.

Silenius
08-22-2005, 04:23 PM
Yeah that video's like ****in 15 minutes long. It's pretty funny though. (And obviously staged)

Mr. Squiggles
08-22-2005, 04:28 PM
Ok, it's uploading, but of course it's going to be a while.

Thank you very much :thumb:

Taste_My_Scythe
08-22-2005, 05:55 PM
Welcome back. I've been wondering where you were (and Leah, but she's back too).

To those who missed it, yes, half the album was uplaoded. Some guy I had never seen before posted saying he got ahold of a sampler for the new album. He uplaoded it with these tracks:

I didn't download it because I'm adamant about waiting for the entire album to leak. I also appreciate your condolances and will tell you all about the show after I go see CoB with Amon amarth. :D

On Scythes of Bodom they tell of the Japanese version of AYDY? containing bonus tarcks and a DVD. I'm assuming you'll be able to import it from Japan through Amazon for a lot of money, but I think it will be worth it.

Whoa. I do not think that dude should've uploaded half the album. :evil: Not cool. I missed it anyways. I downloaded the cover and the single, but hey. I'm going to buy the import, so I think I've got the supporting-your-favorite-band-thing covered.

I checked out amazon.com and here is the link for AN import. I'm not sure if this one is THE one (with the DVD) but I'm sure as hell going to find out. I might call and see if it's possible to ask someone about it. If not...maybe email. I'm going to make sure before I spent a shitload of money.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000AA7ECW/qid=1124754930/sr=1-5/ref=sr_1_5/104-6990607-0557513?v=glance&s=music

Nice avatar, John. :lol:

Just voted:
Lake Bodom
Bed of Razors
Children of Decadence
Kissing the Shadows

Mr. Squiggles
08-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Whoa. I do not think that dude should've uploaded half the album. :evil: Not cool. I missed it anyways. I downloaded the cover and the single, but hey. I'm going to buy the import, so I think I've got the supporting-your-favorite-band-thing covered.

I checked out amazon.com and here is the link for AN import. I'm not sure if this one is THE one (with the DVD) but I'm sure as hell going to find out. I might call and see if it's possible to ask someone about it. If not...maybe email. I'm going to make sure before I spent a shitload of money.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000AA7ECW/qid=1124754930/sr=1-5/ref=sr_1_5/104-6990607-0557513?v=glance&s=music

Just voted:
Lake Bodom
Bed of Razors
Children of Decadence
Kissing the Shadows

Allright, :thumb: I'll be looking into buying that. So, how are you feeling?

So, you like my avatar huh? :lol:

Taste_My_Scythe
08-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Allright, :thumb: I'll be looking into buying that. So, how are you feeling?

Better, actually. Because! Mom said I can go to FunSpot!! Spiffy....
Also, I really REALLY want to preorder the album. I'm all over excited. :lol:

So, I heard you got a Bodom shirt. :thumb: Which one?

EDIT: I think it's very.....you.... :p
EDIT2: I sent you an email....almost 20 minutes ago.

Mr. Squiggles
08-22-2005, 06:13 PM
Better, actually. Because! Mom said I can go to FunSpot!! Spiffy....
Also, I really REALLY want to preorder the album. I'm all over excited. :lol:

So, I heard you got a Bodom shirt. :thumb: Which one?

EDIT: I think it's very.....you.... :p

Sweet! thats cool you can come to FunSpot.

How did you hear about my shirt? I got a Follow the Reaper one. Tis pretty cool.

Taste_My_Scythe
08-22-2005, 06:14 PM
Sweet! thats cool you can come to FunSpot.

How did you hear about my shirt? I got a Follow the Reaper one. Tis pretty cool.

My sister is very observant. ;)
Follow the Reaper...I envy you. I want to get the COBHC babydoll on Rockabilia as soon as I can spare some cash. My shirt is huge. I'm fixing it though...taking it in and I'm thinking of making it a beater.

EDIT: :wave: See ya; dinner.

MRDuCran
08-22-2005, 07:09 PM

I've started it too, it's in Guitar Pro though as i'm doing the full band.

ArcLite
08-22-2005, 08:29 PM
hxxp://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0NWY4WD0JJ17E3U44GSFJYT6DY

Trashed in Helsinki for those who want it.

Shadows
08-22-2005, 08:36 PM
I just got back from work. Kelly Clarkson kicked ass!!!! \m/ (><) \m/

4000 teenage girls up way past their bedtimes!

flamesofbodom
08-22-2005, 09:11 PM

Just voted:
Lake Bodom
Bed of Razors
Children of Decadence
Kissing the Shadows
It looks like it's the Japanese Version. But 40 dollars...and my mom has to ok it...aint gonna happen

Mr. Squiggles
08-23-2005, 05:48 AM

Very cool, Thanks alot man. :thumb:

MRDuCran
08-23-2005, 10:02 AM

Excellent, thanks :thumb:

And a quick question, that snake thing on Alexi's hand, does he paint that on all the time or is it a tattoo??

ArcLite
08-23-2005, 10:04 AM
It's a tattoo. That had to hurt like a bitch getting it there.

Mr. Squiggles
08-23-2005, 10:11 AM
It's a tattoo. That had to hurt like a bitch getting it there.

Yeah, I can't imagine getting a tattoo there.

MRDuCran
08-23-2005, 10:17 AM
Yea, have you seen Kerry Kings? His goes on top of his head down his neck.

Mr. Squiggles
08-23-2005, 10:26 AM
Yea, have you seen Kerry Kings? His goes on top of his head down his neck.

Yeah, thats nuts, but it looks cool.

MegaMustaine
08-23-2005, 10:27 AM
That trashed file is going to take me ages to dl.

MRDuCran
08-23-2005, 10:29 AM
Yeah, thats nuts, but it looks cool.

Sure does.

Musical_Nerd
08-23-2005, 10:38 AM
Its hard to have a favorite out of all those amazing songs! x_x