PDA

View Full Version : Cradle Of Filth

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Thor
05-25-2005, 04:30 PM
This is the Cradle of Filth thread. Discuss all things about the band, whether it would be new or old.

And please, keep the mindless flaming out of here.

-Listy-
05-25-2005, 04:49 PM
I like the music, if only they would get rid of the 10 yr old shrieking girl thats lost her teddybear, then they would be amazing..oh wait..Dani Filth?

Some fave songs are, Dusk in her embrace, Her Ghost in the fog, Cruelty brought thee Orchids, Cthulu Dawn, From The Cradle To Enslave - especially the video lol.

AA-12
05-25-2005, 04:50 PM
I believe that Dani Filth is an amazing vocalist really.

RouteOne
05-25-2005, 04:51 PM
I enjoy some of COF's stuff.

Thor
05-25-2005, 04:56 PM
He has lots of talent, but his voice just doesn't appeal to me.

On another note, are their EPs worth getting?

Shattered_Future
05-25-2005, 05:00 PM
I like them...i bought LoveCraft and WitchHearts, which i think is their greatest hits album...it was good.

Dani's voice gets UNBELIEVABLY annoying though, as you said.

Fave songs: 13 Autumns And A Widow, Malice Through The Looking Glass, Beneath The Howling Stars, and their cover of Hallowed Be Thy Name by Iron Maiden.

RouteOne
05-25-2005, 05:02 PM
He has lots of talent, but his voice just doesn't appeal to me.

On another note, are their EPs worth getting?
Just wondering....what is a Cthulhu? COF has that in some of their song titles.

Rothmans
05-25-2005, 05:04 PM
Dani is an amazing vocalist imo they seem a bit cheesey though.

AA-12
05-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Just wondering....what is a Cthulhu? COF has that in some of their song titles.
It's basically a huge octopus like thing. It's seen as something different that is an alternative to Satan.

Hammerheart
05-25-2005, 05:17 PM
They are a great band minus filth's vocals. Filth is an amazing song writer, but his vocals hurt the band. But they're ok.

JSTHEGR8
05-25-2005, 05:19 PM
Yeah the vocals can get tiring after a while. I saw them at ozzfest in S.A. and his mic went out for the opening song. Good Tymes

I would recommend: 13 Autumns And A Widow, Malice Through The Looking Glass,

Magicaltroll
05-25-2005, 05:41 PM
I LOVE the shrieking.

I definitely like their older stuff compared to their new. I can't stand the newest album though. But DAAD was really good imo. But their older stuff, is jsut amazing.

NJMetalMeister
05-25-2005, 05:49 PM
principle of evil made flesh is by far their best album, its just as black metal as in the nightside eclipse, their next few releases were decent, but after that they should have just quit

Magicaltroll
05-25-2005, 05:51 PM
principle of evil made flesh is by far their best album, its just as black metal as in the nightside eclipse, their next few releases were decent, but after that they should have just quit
Yeah, I definitely think that after Midian they should have stopped.
I mean the rest were good, but they're jsut getting worse and worse.

The Cynic
05-25-2005, 05:53 PM
Not to many people like them here is these forums. I they they're OK as long as I don't listen to them for more then 20 minutes.

Sleeper
05-25-2005, 06:39 PM
After listening to alot of there albums, I got used to dannys high pitched vocals. When i listen to a song by them i always expect it now. I thought Nemphetamine was alright.

Huber
05-25-2005, 07:37 PM
I just can't stand Dani. Kudos to the rest of the band, but Dani is the Fred Durst of Black Metal.

GraveRobbersINC
05-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Good job starting in the begining, thats when they were best. Now get Dusk...And Her Embrace.

beaker_747
05-26-2005, 08:07 AM
Chtulhu is a giant octopus beast thingy that is said to live in an ancient underwater city, and when the day of Armageddon comes, he will rise from his watery grave and destroy all...
Or so the myth goes.

Lord Abortion
05-26-2005, 08:53 AM
shatter the stars douse their luminosity
in the ambiotic reach...

or similar...

who seconds the motion that this should be the official cradle thread?

Maggot
05-26-2005, 09:15 AM
for some reason, i hate these guys. don't like them at all

Lord Abortion
05-26-2005, 09:17 AM
Dani is an amazing vocalist imo they seem a bit cheesey though.
yeah... but they are not a serious band

like a camp mix of emperor and iron maiden- brilliant

Kronos
05-26-2005, 12:22 PM
Chtulhu is a giant octopus beast thingy that is said to live in an ancient underwater city, and when the day of Armageddon comes, he will rise from his watery grave and destroy all...
Or so the myth goes.

Is it really a myth, or was it invented by HP Lovecraft? He goes on about it in a lot of his stories but I don't know if he made it up himself.

Anyway - I'm not too keen on Dani's vocals but he comes from my home town and therefore ........GO DANI!!
Interesting fact; before he was famous he worked in the local chicken factory. Music is a wonderful life opportunity for ordinary folk like us. :thumb:

Shadows
05-26-2005, 12:42 PM
^^^^^ I agree. They are a band full of talented musicians. Their guitarists are very underrated, their drummer (while not as good as Barker) can definitely hold his own, and the bass...well, we'll just stop there. Dani is one hell of a good vocalist, but he is also hands down the best lyricist I have ever seen. Very good band.

FingerFing
05-26-2005, 03:02 PM
info on cthulu.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulu

Shattered_Future
05-26-2005, 03:14 PM
I like the fact that Dani can switch from a glass-shattering scream to one of his satanic growls...or singing.

I agree that he has a huge range...he sounds like King Diamond, except more brutal.

cos you know that i can
05-26-2005, 03:15 PM
I really like Cradle, and have 4 of their albums: Midian, D*mnation and a Day, Nymphetamine and Lovecraft and Witch Hearts. Can anyone recommend what to get next?

I also saw them fairly recently on the last show of their Nymphetamine tour. They're amazing live, and Dani is a great vocalist. They had a massive mechanical demon up on the stage, and it starting headbanging along with the music. Purdy cool.

GraveRobbersINC
05-26-2005, 03:25 PM
I like the fact that Dani can switch from a glass-shattering scream to one of his satanic growls...or singing.

I agree that he has a huge range...he sounds like King Diamond, except more brutal.
Except King Diamond actually sings, Dani just makes weird sounds.

Lord Abortion
05-26-2005, 04:01 PM

yeah...

he is also incredible live

Aberrationbass
05-26-2005, 04:05 PM
i've only got a selections of songs that my friend put on a disc for me
i was seriously impressed
that Tulu creature seems pretty freaky i read some stuff about it......
i think it must of origionated from a sighting of a giant squid

ReNeGAdE8
05-26-2005, 04:12 PM
I really like Cradle, and have 4 of their albums: Midian, D*mnation and a Day, Nymphetamine and Lovecraft and Witch Hearts. Can anyone recommend what to get next?

Just work your way backwords. Cruelty and the Beast, Dusk and Her Embrace (Their best album IMO), and Principle of Evil Made Flesh in that order. Just a warning though, they get less accessible (crazier screaming, etc.) the further back you go.

Amazing band, people who say otherwise (in my experiences) just haven't actually listened to them enough to enjoy them. But their new stuff is very sub-par, except the Mr. Crowley Cover, which I think is pretty good.

Thor
05-26-2005, 04:49 PM
I just can't stand Dani. Kudos to the rest of the band, but Dani is the Fred Durst of Black Metal.
I've never thought of it that way, but that is a good analogy. :thumb:

timskold214
05-26-2005, 05:40 PM
Marilyn Manson came from my cousins town! :cool: seriously.

Thor
05-26-2005, 06:20 PM
Marilyn Manson came from my cousins town! :cool: seriously.
Serioiusly, shut up. That had nothing to do with Cradle of Filth.

Which CD would you recommend I get, Midian or ****ation and a Day?

-Listy-
05-26-2005, 06:35 PM
Listening to these guys again, ahh its been a while, they know how to write a song, they remind me of My Dying Bride, check them out if you like Cradle of Filth :thumb:..im sure alot of people have already but i thought i'd just say.

-Listy-
05-26-2005, 06:44 PM
Serioiusly, shut up. That had nothing to do with Cradle of Filth.

Which CD would you recommend I get, Midian or ****ation and a Day?
I didnt really get into ****ation and a Day, maybe i didnt give it enough listens..but meh it didnt do anything for me..from the looks of it, Midian has better songs, like Cthulhu dawn, Her ghost in the fog, but its upto you.

GraveRobbersINC
05-26-2005, 06:55 PM
I'd go with Midian, but ****ation is cool. So Midian or whatever is cheaper.

paco999
05-26-2005, 07:22 PM
I love COF I don't really find Dani's voice annoying, I find it rather humorous. But yeah, my favorite cd is of course Midian, then closely followed by Nymphetamine and Cruelty and the Beast (you gotta love that CD).

The only reason I really didn't like The principle of evil made flesh was because the recording wasn't good at all. But the improved versions for Bitter Suites to Succubi were amazing, especially the solo for TPOEMF, I scroll back on it to listen to it time and time again.

****ation and A Day and Dusk and her embrace were alright and they do have a bunch of track that stand out on both cds (Funeral In Carpanthia, The Smoke of her Burning, etc) IMO they are good but not as good as Midian or the other Cds.

Huber
05-26-2005, 07:50 PM
I think I might give these guys one more try...

I tried, just don't dig it.

Thor
05-26-2005, 08:11 PM
It took me a very long while to get into these guys. And by a very long while, I mean about a year. Now I can stand them. It's just that Nick Barker is my favorite drummer and they keyboard player is really awesome.

GraveRobbersINC
05-26-2005, 08:12 PM
I think I might give these guys one more try...

I tried, just don't dig it.
What have you heard and what are you into?

Huber
05-26-2005, 08:13 PM
I listened to samples of tracks 1 and 2 off Midian.

I'm into everything Metal, and most rock.

GraveRobbersINC
05-26-2005, 08:14 PM
I would recommend pursuing that, Her Ghost in the Fog, Tearing the Veil from Grace, and Tortured Soul Asylum are good songs from that album.

BoboTheRagingHobo
05-26-2005, 08:16 PM
I like Cradle Of Filth alot, and frankly I don't care what any one says about them. Dani is an amazing vocalist and he also writes great lyrics, and Paul is an excellent guitarist as well.

Also Midian > Damnation and a Day by far

Huber
05-26-2005, 08:21 PM
Some of those songs are okay, I'll get used to it I guess.

Shattered_Future
05-26-2005, 08:29 PM
Except King Diamond actually sings, Dani just makes weird sounds.

True...

You gotta love the uber deep voice though...its sweet IMO.

And to Metal_Head_cant bother with numbers after name, get Midian. ****ation And A Day was more mainstream than Midian...it kinda depends on what you like by them.

Id get Midian over the other.

Huber
05-26-2005, 08:31 PM
I hear over and over about CoF selling out. Not saying it's true, but when did this so called selling out happen? Watching the Nymphetmine video, and then listening to these other songs seems like a big jump to me.

Darkest Hour
05-26-2005, 09:23 PM
There definately skilled but unless you listen to black metal its not really going to appeal to you

crossface
05-26-2005, 09:48 PM
I like Cradle of filth. I think they have good amount of talent in the band. The drummer is good, the two guitarists blend/work together well, the keyboards are good, and Dani Filth is an amazing song writer/lyricist and his vocal range is impressive.

The only reason i think why most people dont like them is because of Dani's voice which is not very appealing and not enjoyable to other listeners.

They are okay :thumb:

i have Midian, Cruelty and the Beast, Dusk and her Embrace, Nymphetamine, ****ation and a Day. My favorite album is Cruelty and the Beast, they did a cover of a Iron Maiden song (Hallowed be thy name) in the last track and i think it was pretty good.

Shattered_Future
05-26-2005, 10:01 PM
I hear over and over about CoF selling out. Not saying it's true, but when did this so called selling out happen? Watching the Nymphetmine video, and then listening to these other songs seems like a big jump to me.

Nymphetamine was probably one of their most mainstream songs IMO. It seemed rather accessible to many people.

The extended one, though, i like a lot. Its got the edge, then goes into the single part, then brings the edge back again. I like how Cradle can diversify their music a lot throughout songs.

Lord Abortion
05-27-2005, 07:59 AM
midian rules...

just for the bit in tortured soul asylum(also amazing live)

where dani goes "midian yeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

that is incredible!

see username for best song on the album though...

Lord Abortion
05-27-2005, 09:43 AM
You don't seem to know what you are on about
Cradle were never really black metal, sure their earlier material showed much more of a black metal influence but I feel they have always been able to hold up their own unique sound which they are still doing today to some extent....don't compare somone like Dani Filth to Fred Durst.....please
yeah don't do that...
early stuff was BM though

1993 uk tour with emperor and dani's correspondance with euronymous supports this

and the principle generally though

Lord Abortion
05-27-2005, 10:02 AM
the heavy, left handed and candid DVD is amazing

the "schlockumentary" is the funniest thing ever

Griffin_Page
05-27-2005, 11:49 AM
I love this band... im not so much a fan of their latest efforts, but I dig everything from Midian backwards. Cruelty and the Beast.. perfect album!

Thor
05-27-2005, 03:54 PM
the heavy, left handed and candid DVD is amazing

the "schlockumentary" is the funniest thing ever
Your name, Lord Abortion, is such an awesome song! I just got Midian today and that is my favorite song off of this album by far.

devildriver421
05-27-2005, 06:50 PM
great band, their guitarist have some pretty amazing riffs, and their drummer is crazy. i saw them live in november, wow great live shows, very well set up. i personally love dani's voice, both high and low, and his lyrics are just incredible. he's actually a very intelligent person, which many people wouldn't see because of his image. i could see why someone wouldn't like his voice though it's a hit or miss thing, and i personally like it. the one thing i really dont like about the band is all the posers have found their way into liking cradle of filth. this kid at my school got a cof shirt because he thought the green serpent looked cool. he doesn't even have a cd or know anything about them, and can't name any songs, let alone his favorite. i just hate that.

oh yeah also, dani's more recent voice i think is a lot better, less shrill and harsh. on their older stuff, you could NOT understand him at all, even while looking at the lyrics hahah, but the newer stuff he has kind of toned it down. inhale screams are insane

555slipkoff666
05-27-2005, 08:36 PM
^^^^^ I agree. They are a band full of talented musicians. Their guitarists are very underrated, their drummer (while not as good as Barker) can definitely hold his own, and the bass...well, we'll just stop there. Dani is one hell of a good vocalist, but he is also hands down the best lyricist I have ever seen. Very good band.

Barker is soooooooo over rated, just cause hes in blink-182 and everyone knows who he is and what he can do doesnt make him the best theres other drummers waaay better than him. #1 drummer is Joey Jordison[slipknot] not cause their my favorite band but listen to his double bass and no other drummer has 4 bass pedals like he does travis only has one i think

Thor
05-27-2005, 08:49 PM
Barker is soooooooo over rated, just cause hes in blink-182 and everyone knows who he is and what he can do doesnt make him the best theres other drummers waaay better than him. #1 drummer is Joey Jordison[slipknot] not cause their my favorite band but listen to his double bass and no other drummer has 4 bass pedals like he does travis only has one i think
You must be retarded. I hope now you know that the drummer we are talking about is Nick Barker, not Travis Barker.

...and Nick Barker kills Joey Jordison in terms of skill. Please shut the hell up.

Hammerheart
05-27-2005, 09:11 PM

are you serious. :smash: :smash:

Moses
05-27-2005, 09:15 PM
What the **** is wrong with you man?

TTTSNB
05-27-2005, 09:23 PM
HAHAHAHAHA. :lol: :lol: You fucking moron. Theirs no way travis could play anything extreme whatsoever.

Shattered_Future
05-27-2005, 09:25 PM
Niiiice...4 people quoted the same thing.

:thumb:

I agree with all of you. Nick Barker kicks Joey Jordison's ass 10 times over.

devildriver421
05-27-2005, 09:26 PM

first of all, stop worshiping slipknot, they're so sold out its not even funny. i go to the mall for a cd or somethin and i see about, on average, at least 5 kids under the age of 10 wearing slipknot shirts, holding their parents/older sibling's hand. and i also see at least 10 others wearing slipknot shirts, most under the age of 12. anyone older then that is smart enough to realize that they are completely sold out and everyone thinks they're the definition of metal, but theyre mainstream. 9 people in a band, 2 dont even do anything. oh sorry, one hits a keg with a bat sometimes. and also, wth are you talking about with 4 bass pedals, thats not even possible. he uses 2 single pedals, not 4. he has 2 feet. and hes not that incredibly talented, yea hes good but man theres so many way better drummers. flo monieur for example. one hell of a drummer

Hammerheart
05-27-2005, 09:28 PM
first of all, stop worshiping slipknot, they're so sold out its not even funny. i go to the mall for a cd or somethin and i see about, on average, at least 5 kids under the age of 10 wearing slipknot shirts, holding their parents/older sibling's hand. and i also see at least 10 others wearing slipknot shirts, most under the age of 12. anyone older then that is smart enough to realize that they are completely sold out and everyone thinks they're the definition of metal, but theyre mainstream. 9 people in a band, 2 dont even do anything. oh sorry, one hits a keg with a bat sometimes. and also, wth are you talking about with 4 bass pedals, thats not even possible. he uses 2 single pedals, not 4. he has 2 feet. and hes not that incredibly talented, yea hes good but man theres so many way better drummers. flo monieur for example. one hell of a drummer

It's possible to have 4 bass pedals. Some people have 3-4 bass drums!

Thor
05-27-2005, 09:31 PM
OK, enough flaming this guy. Let's get back to talking about Cradle of Filth.

I got Midian today, and it is my favorite CoF record so far. The only other one I have though is The Principle of Evil Made Flesh, but that's a pretty good CD as well. I love the song "Her Ghost In The Fog".

devildriver421
05-27-2005, 09:37 PM
how would you have 4 pedals though? and why? i mean if you have 4 bass drums, yea 4 pedals, but why would you need 4 different bass drums?

Thor
05-27-2005, 09:38 PM
how would you have 4 pedals though? and why? i mean if you have 4 bass drums, yea 4 pedals, but why would you need 4 different bass drums?
Please, stop talking about that. Stick with talking about CoF.

devildriver421
05-27-2005, 09:38 PM
oh and metalhead, get ****ation and a day if you like those. nymphetamine is my personal favorite i think, but ifyou like their older stuff alot, youll love DAAD. nymphetamine is more.... melodic i guess youd say, less "brutal" stuff, although they were never brutal. newer stuff is kinda softer. some songs arent though

Shattered_Future
05-27-2005, 09:40 PM

Waste of money i presume...
However, it IS possible to have quadruple bass pedaling

The Duallist (http://www.theduallist.com)

Settled.

Back to CoF...has anybody heard the song Gilded Cunt? The title cracks me up...but its a great song to get into them by.

Hammerheart
05-27-2005, 09:46 PM

Say you want a 24x20, 22x18, 20x16, 18x16 bass drums for different sounds?

Sorry, back on topic now.

Thor
Back to CoF...has anybody heard the song Gilded Cunt? The title cracks me up...but its a great song to get into them by.
Do you happen to have the new album? If so, want to send it to me?

email - kitbrown932@gmail.com
AIM - BassRocker617

I heard from my friend who is a die hard CoF fan that English Fire is the best song off of the new album.

devildriver421
ooh i was thinking of that but i didnt think that would count hah...

gilded cunt is a good song, but i personally like alot of other songs mroe. on that cd, my fav is nemesis. english fire and coffin fodder are really good too

SK_Metalhead666
05-27-2005, 10:38 PM
I only listen to their older stuff (before ****ation and a Day)
I like Danis vocals. I dont really like them as much as I used to, they have sold out.

36Dritzlfists
05-28-2005, 12:53 AM
I dont like COF's genre of music, but I do like their past few singles like Nymphetamine, Gilded Cunt, Mannequin. I downloaded several songs by them a few years ago, and I hated it, I wanna give COF another shot. What are some songs or albums I would like?

Magicaltroll
05-28-2005, 12:54 AM
I dont like COF's genre of music, but I do like their past few singles like Nymphetamine, Gilded Cunt, Mannequin. I downloaded several songs by them a few years ago, and I hated it, I wanna give COF another shot. What are some songs or albums I would like?
Albums-The Principles Of Evil Made Flesh, Midian, Vempire Tales (something like that), and Dusk and Her Embrace.

All amazing albums imo.

crossface
05-28-2005, 12:57 AM

Albums - Cruelty and the Beast, Dusk and her embrace, ****ation and a Day, Midian

Huber
05-29-2005, 11:54 PM
I got Midian. I used to hate these guys, now I'm starting to like it.

Foam
05-31-2005, 10:40 AM
Yea Danni Filth has a weird voice sometimes he sounds awesome but others he sounds like crap, but overall I enjoy their music.

Firecracker
05-31-2005, 10:49 AM
Saw them live in april, they were immense.

Lord Abortion
05-31-2005, 04:03 PM
Saw them live in april, they were immense.
me too... 15th in manchester, me

Thor
05-31-2005, 04:46 PM
I got Midian. I used to hate these guys, now I'm starting to like it.
That's the same thing with me. Midian totally changed my view on these guys.

Shattered_Future
05-31-2005, 04:48 PM

Songs - 13 Autumns And A Widow, Malice Through The Looking Glass.

Lord Abortion
05-31-2005, 04:48 PM
probably my favourite cradle album- my username remains their best song ever

:keep it going and make the thread official

Thor
05-31-2005, 04:49 PM
probably my favourite cradle album- my username remains their best song ever

:keep it going and make the thread official
Well there aren't going to be any more official threads I think, but we can just make this a big thread.

*favorite song off of Midian is Lord Abortion also*

Lord Abortion
05-31-2005, 04:51 PM
/\/\ rad... "the bonesaw onm the backseat on this bitter night of giving head"

Thor
05-31-2005, 04:52 PM
The best part of Lord Abortion is this part:

"My heart was a wardrum beat
By jugular cults in eerie jungle vaults
When number thirteen fell in my lap
Lips and skin like sin, a Venus Mantrap
My appetite whetted, storm crows wheeled
At the blurred edges or reason 'til I was fulfilled
Whors d'oeuvres eaten, I tucked her into
A grave coffin fit for the Queen of Spades
She went out like the light in my mind
Her face an avalanche of pearl, of ruby wine
Much was a flux, but the mouth once good for ****s
Came from retirement to prove she had not lost her touch
I kissed her viciously, maliciously, religiously
But when has one been able to best seperate the three?
I know I'm sick as Dahmer did, but this is what I do
Aah, aah, ahh, I'll let you sleep when I am
Through"

...so awesome.

By the way, you like my new avatar?

crazyc0w
05-31-2005, 04:58 PM
I really enjoy Cradle of Filth's music. I was actually wondering what cd is the song bathory aria on.

Trivium
05-31-2005, 04:59 PM
the lyrics in their music are just amazing, especially cradle to enslave which I find really amazing.

Some songs I like a lot, other times his voice can get really bothersome, but definately a great band

Lord Abortion
05-31-2005, 05:00 PM
The best part of Lord Abortion is this part:

"My heart was a wardrum beat
By jugular cults in eerie jungle vaults
When number thirteen fell in my lap
Lips and skin like sin, a Venus Mantrap
My appetite whetted, storm crows wheeled
At the blurred edges or reason 'til I was fulfilled
Whors d'oeuvres eaten, I tucked her into
A grave coffin fit for the Queen of Spades
She went out like the light in my mind
Her face an avalanche of pearl, of ruby wine
Much was a flux, but the mouth once good for ****s
Came from retirement to prove she had not lost her touch
I kissed her viciously, maliciously, religiously
But when has one been able to best seperate the three?
I know I'm sick as Dahmer did, but this is what I do
Aah, aah, ahh, I'll let you sleep when I am
Through"

...so awesome.

By the way, you like my new avatar?
cool

I know all the lyrics off by heart- I want my band to play it

Thor
05-31-2005, 05:29 PM
cool

I know all the lyrics off by heart- I want my band to play it
Dude, that would be awesome if you guys did. Me and my friend are working on a cover of Summer Dying Fast, but it won't be done for a while.

Lord Abortion
05-31-2005, 05:51 PM
I love that song too...

vashts80
05-31-2005, 07:35 PM
This will make me sound like a 'tard for only listening to singles, but Nymphetamine (Overdose) owns all.

Lord Abortion
05-31-2005, 07:37 PM
nah the extended version is better

anyone heard the sarah version on the special edition?

Thor
05-31-2005, 07:37 PM
This will make me sound like a 'tard for only listening to singles, but Nymphetamine (Overdose) owns all.
Seriously, listen to these songs, they will rock your world.

The Forest Whispers My Name
Summer Dying Fast
Her Ghost In The Fog
Lord Abortion

...and just for fun, Satanic Mantra. :thumb:

I only have two CoF albums, so that is why this is all I can suggest.

I only listen to their older stuff (before ****ation and a Day)
I like Danis vocals. I dont really like them as much as I used to, they have sold out.
You are a die hard Slipknot fan and you're talking about CoF selling out? Please do everyone a favor and shut up. No one on here likes you anyways.

Lord Abortion
05-31-2005, 07:42 PM
/suggests

/has all albums

lord abortion
the forest whispers...
haunted shores
summer dying fast
the principle of evil...
dusk and her embrace
the twisted nails of faith
a gothic romance
cruelty brought thee orchids
beneath the howling stars
the black goddess rises
a creschendo of passion bleeding
tortured soul asylum
nemesis
filthy little secret

Shattered_Future
05-31-2005, 07:46 PM

Nymphetamine Overdose IS the extended version...i think.

Extended version kicks epic ass. Whoever did backing female vocals on that song was a really good singer IMO.

I love how it goes from in-your-face heavy to almost doom metal like.

Thor
05-31-2005, 07:47 PM
/suggests

/has all albums

lord abortion
the forest whispers...
haunted shores
summer dying fast
the principle of evil...
dusk and her embrace
the twisted nails of faith
a gothic romance
cruelty brought thee orchids
beneath the howling stars
the black goddess rises
a creschendo of passion bleeding
tortured soul asylum
nemesis
filthy little secret

Can you send me some albums?
AIM - BassRocker617

w00t! 5 pages! Let's keep it going people.

vashts80
05-31-2005, 07:47 PM
Yeah, Nymphetamine Overdose is the extended version with Dani at the beginning, Nymphetamine Fix is the shorter version where Liz is right at the start with the verses

Lord Abortion
05-31-2005, 08:01 PM
ain't got aim but u have msn?

Lord Abortion
06-01-2005, 03:15 AM
http://www.cradleoffilth.com/cof/main_page_800x600.htm

martin has left the band...

new uk tourdates though...

Thor
06-01-2005, 06:51 AM
ain't got aim but u have msn?
Yeah I've got MSN

kitbrown932@gmail.com

Thor
06-01-2005, 04:48 PM
I just got Dusk and Her Embrace today, what do you think of this album?

Lord Abortion
06-01-2005, 05:00 PM
as I said haunted shores and the tt are the best on it...

the whole album is great though

heaven torn asunder and a gothic romance too

have you played resident evil for the ps1?

if so you will notice that the wolf noises on agr are EXACTLY the same as the wolf sounds in the outside parts of resi 1

Thor
06-01-2005, 05:06 PM
I haven't played that Resident Evil, but that's really cool!. :thumb:

DavidFilth
06-05-2005, 04:57 PM
Hey everyone....nice to see so many cradle fans!!!!!!!! I am not alone. :)

Anywho, I heard from a good friend of mine that COF is currently working on a live album. Does anyone have anymore info on this??

I already added Live Bait for the Dead and Heavy Left-Handed and Candid to complete my COF collection...MAN I LOVE THESE GUYS!!!! If you have any questions regarding these guys, feel free to ask. Please post any info on the new live album. Thanks everybody!

Lord Abortion
06-06-2005, 04:09 AM
hey dude...

anyway, cradle certainly are coming out with a new live album, to be entitled "Halloween"- filmed in paris on this last tour...

cradle are also touring the UK again in december going to alot of the places they didn't go last time, they were excellent in manchester and this time they will be in newcastle so I don't have to travel... yay :)

please keep posting... we need more cradle fans here

King_Karl
06-07-2005, 02:18 PM
I love COF. I'm going to see them in Newcastle in December. W00t. Fave songs
Lord Abortion
Cthulhu Dawn
Amor E Morte
The Principle of Evil Made Flesh
Coffin Fodder

Brew
06-07-2005, 02:42 PM
I saw them a few weeks ago in Bristol, they were great.

King_Karl
06-07-2005, 02:51 PM
It's so long to wait for me it sucks :(
What's it like on the floor at one of their gigs?

Brew
06-07-2005, 03:20 PM
I was at the barrier, it was fine.

We moved a bit further into the side of the pit towards the end and it was really quite calm...

dest. Chaos
06-07-2005, 03:28 PM
I love Dani's high pitched screams. they own everything...

dest. Chaos
06-07-2005, 03:56 PM
Nymphetamine Overdose IS the extended version...i think.

Extended version kicks epic ass. Whoever did backing female vocals on that song was a really good singer IMO.

I love how it goes from in-your-face heavy to almost doom metal like.

yes overdose is the longer version.

dest. Chaos
06-07-2005, 03:57 PM

sarah version? ........

Thor
06-07-2005, 03:57 PM
I love Dani's high pitched screams. they pwn everything...
Here is some advice: People won't take you seriously if you say "pwn".

dest. Chaos
06-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Here is some advice: People won't take you seriously if you say "pwn".
sorry I mistyped.... edited

Rothmans
06-07-2005, 04:07 PM
I love cof and all but does anyone else think they can be really cheesey?

Like suicide and other comforts? When I saw thought I was a bit turned off by the band and the song wasnt that good either but still cof are brilliant I really dont know why so many people bash them.

Thor
06-07-2005, 04:07 PM
sorry I mistyped.... edited
Sure, whatever.

Anyways, what's all this nonsense I hear about CoF splitting up?

King_Karl
06-07-2005, 05:07 PM
What's your source for this info?

Drynwhyl
06-07-2005, 05:46 PM
hopefully a reliable one, or even better... an official one. I'm sick of the little junior high schoolers in my area wearing CoF shirts that they bought from hot topic and then think they are the authority on extreme metal, and are thus superior to all others.

King_Karl
06-07-2005, 06:15 PM
That doesn't mean the band should break up.

Lord Abortion
06-07-2005, 06:24 PM
it certainly doesn't- this rumour is false blatantly, all that happened was that martin left- new keyboardist will be fine and cradle will survive-

see you in the front karl...

Thor
06-07-2005, 06:26 PM
hopefully a reliable one, or even better... an official one. I'm sick of the little junior high schoolers in my area wearing CoF shirts that they bought from hot topic and then think they are the authority on extreme metal, and are thus superior to all others.
That perfectly describes someone I hate. He says he is the best drummer in the school and he can play Morbid Angel songs double speed. What a loser.

King_Karl
06-07-2005, 06:27 PM
Hell yeah. Never seen them before so i'm really looking forward to it. Any idea who might support?

Lord Abortion
06-07-2005, 06:31 PM
That perfectly describes someone I hate. He says he is the best drummer in the school and he can play Morbid Angel songs double speed. What a loser.
that means nothing
I frequently, of course wear a cradle shirt

and a cannibal corpse hoodie a dakthrone shirt and a mayhem one...

just because I love cradle doesn't mean that I know nothing about extreme metal

NP- chef- chocolate salty balls

Thor
06-07-2005, 06:32 PM
that means nothing
I frequently, of course wear a cradle shirt

and a cannibal corpse hoodie a dakthrone shirt and a mayhem one...

just because I love cradle doesn't mean that I know nothing about extreme metal

NP- chef- chocolate salty balls
I was just referring to those silly Hot Topic kids, that's all.

Lord Abortion
06-07-2005, 06:37 PM
I was just referring to those silly Hot Topic kids, that's all.
yeah I know dude, no worries- you know your metal

I have the same people at my school

I was struggling to find anyone to go to the manchester gig with so I asked this girl who is like that to go with (and,no dude, not like that :rolleyes:)

she cancelled and I found this cool guy from work to go with

what do you call the kids that like system of a down and rage against the machine and bands like that?

i struggle to catagorise this lot :p

Thor
06-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Hey, don't hate on Rage Against the Machine. They are my favorite band. :thumb:

Lord Abortion
06-07-2005, 06:41 PM
Hey, don't hate on Rage Against the Machine. They are my favorite band. :thumb:
not hating on them... what do you call those sort of pantera loving fellas though? :confused:

Thor
06-07-2005, 06:42 PM
not hating on them... what do you call those sort of pantera loving fellas though? :confused:
I just call them metal heads and call it a day. :thumb:

Lord Abortion
06-07-2005, 06:43 PM
I just call them metal heads and call it a day. :thumb:
cool we will then

King_Karl
06-07-2005, 06:47 PM
I like soad and ratm but it's still metal all the way for me.

supersam3590
06-07-2005, 06:58 PM
why are you guys worried about cradle of filth breaking up havent all the original members but dani quit at some point or another

Lord Abortion
06-08-2005, 04:17 AM
why are you guys worried about cradle of filth breaking up havent all the original members but dani quit at some point or another
yes but dani is still there and that's what's important

AA-12
06-08-2005, 04:26 AM
I'm stopping by just to say Cradle of Filth is a great band. I have their entire discography too.

King_Karl
06-08-2005, 08:52 AM
The band breaking up is kind of different from replacing members...
:confused:

DavidFilth
06-21-2005, 02:27 PM
Whoa, just read the recent cradle-bashing thread.......tis' very sad :upset:
Oh well.... Well I can easily say that Scorched Earth Erotica is an EXTREMELY hard song to play. My friends and are going to cover it and it is HARD!!! I think that the only guy who has the song down is our keyboardist.

Lord Abortion
06-21-2005, 02:32 PM
Whoa, just read the recent cradle-bashing thread.......tis' very sad :upset:
Oh well.... Well I can easily say that Scorched Earth Erotica is an EXTREMELY hard song to play. My friends and are going to cover it and it is HARD!!! I think that the only guy who has the song down is our keyboardist.
hooray!
my band do her ghost...

Brew
06-21-2005, 02:53 PM
I just remembered I've got Bitter Suites to Succubi on vinyl :cool:

Lord Abortion
06-21-2005, 03:23 PM
I just remembered I've got Bitter Suites to Succubi on vinyl :cool:
:cool: indeed

I can drum no time to cry pretty well...

Brew
06-21-2005, 03:26 PM
I like No Time to Cry, I saw the video once and it was a bit bizarre...I think.

Shattered_Future
06-21-2005, 03:33 PM
Im gonna try to get my band to cover Nymphetamine, simply because we have a girl singer...

I can do the low vocal parts...don't know what to do about the high parts though...

Lord Abortion
06-21-2005, 03:34 PM
I like No Time to Cry, I saw the video once and it was a bit bizarre...I think.
it's the one with the carnival and they take this sweet looking girl out of the crowd and throw her into the water and she comes out all goth

it's pretty cool

I reccomend everyone gets the heavy, left handed and candid DVD, just for the documentry if not the excellent live performance (the same as live bait) -
the documentry has to be one of the funniest things I have ever seen.;
For example writing paul writing "bum me, kids!" on his chest before going onstage... :lol:

Brew
06-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Anyone else remember the time that Dani was on Never Mind the Buzzcocks?

:lol:

Lord Abortion
06-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Anyone else remember the time that Dani was on Never Mind the Buzzcocks?

I heard about it and want to see the episode

Aberrationbass
06-21-2005, 03:45 PM
anyone else seen that the Keyboardest has left
this might be old news but its abit grim........

Lord Abortion
06-21-2005, 04:02 PM
anyone else seen that the Keyboardest has left
this might be old news but its abit grim........
http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8165566&postcount=125

DavidFilth
06-21-2005, 04:25 PM
Its sad for me because the Scorched Earth Erotica music vid doesn't have robin in it....so no bass shots. The Guitar pro file is pretty good, but some bits sound abit off, so I have to improvise.....the fast part is a bit to, uh, fast for me. Speed comes in due time so I'll have to be patient. Personally I think robin is a much better bassist than dave. Robin has The Forrest Whispers my Name.....what does Mr. Pybus have?? Anyway, can't wait for the Live DVD!!!!! It's gonna be great!!!

Lord Abortion
06-21-2005, 04:27 PM
charles is bassist now for touring (dave left a while ago)

DavidFilth
06-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Dave is still the webmaster for their site, though....right?

Lord Abortion
06-21-2005, 04:32 PM
Dave is still the webmaster for their site, though....right?
indeed,
I believe the door is open for him to come back if he wants to

Deme
06-23-2005, 12:51 AM
I would have to agree with u on that.His screaming is very different from most metal bands so he really stands out.i like how he can reach high pitches. He truly ads greatness to that band.

DavidFilth
06-23-2005, 10:16 AM
I was at my friend's house yesterday, he doesn't like metal btw, and I happened to have my rio with me. So I uploaded a couple of songs from Cruelty and The Beast because my friend is a huge warcraft fan and the Cruelty album always makes me feel like playing warcraft, particularly Lustmord and Wargasm as well as Cruelty Brought Thee Orchids. Anyway, now my friend likes Cradle, but only those two songs. Probably for their warcraft-feel. Pretty funny.

Hallowed Be Thy Name
06-23-2005, 11:15 AM
indeed,
I believe the door is open for him to come back if he wants to

I wish Dave would come back, same with Martin. I wonder why they left.

Corza
06-26-2005, 05:58 AM
I think that Dani is a amazing vocalist people say that he brings down the be but i think that cof wouldnt be the same without Dani. They need alot more respect than they get.

This whole thing with Cthulhu was a mythical creature written by H.P. Lovecraft which he also has writing in the necronomicon book of the dead or hells bible as so said...

favorite songs by COF:mostly all of their old ones but theyre new cd kind of killed theyre reputation

Lord Abortion
06-26-2005, 09:39 AM
I wish Dave would come back, same with Martin. I wonder why they left.
people don't tend to get on all that well with Dani... :lol:

Hallowed Be Thy Name
06-26-2005, 07:52 PM
people don't tend to get on all that well with Dani... :lol:

Seems that way. Has anyone ever met him? I hope he doesnt come off as bad as he seems.

Weezle
06-26-2005, 08:42 PM
Seems that way. Has anyone ever met him? I hope he doesnt come off as bad as he seems.

I have a friend who's met the band. Dani is great with the fans, funny as hell (drunk or sober). But meeting him for one night would be different than actually touring and making music with him I guess. My friend said Dani says "Bloody Hell!" a lot. :lol:

I think Cradle of Filth is a great band, I personally don't care if they're black metal or not. And even if people say Dani's vocals bring them down, I think he's got a lot more range with what he can do with his voice than other death/black metal vocalists, and its the most original sound I've heard out of any metal band. I like Dani's high pitched screams and shrieks. They're cool. :) I mean, I get tired of the monotonous sound that 90% of the other death/black metal vocalists use. It's just annoying, and boring... Dani's voice is like a black sheep among the grey. And as for the lyrics... Dani is hands down the greatest lyricsist ever ;). And since I don't really know **** about bass or drums...and not much about guitar, I can't evaluate the music any more than I think it sounds good. Some songs better than others, there are a lot of Cradle songs I just don't like, but overall I really like everyhting they've put out.

And as for the whole "Nymphetamine" album..... I just love it. I like it more than the other albums. I can't really listen to an hour straight of structureless songs that go on forever with an unchanging sound (Which a lot of earlier CoF songs did), and with this album I think it's shown they can do that as well as other things. I like it all, from Black metal to Nu-metal, so however much they change I'll probably still like them. But the second they ditch Dani as a vocalist (Which will more than likely never happen) CoF will be a thing of the past. Dani is what makes Cralde of Filth sound original, IMO.

Shadows
06-26-2005, 09:15 PM
I agree...Dani Filth is one of the greatest lyricists ever and has an insanely huge vocal range.

Shattered_Future
06-26-2005, 09:36 PM
I agree...Dani Filth is one of the greatest lyricists ever and has an insanely huge vocal range.

Reminds me of a harsher King Diamond...

Also, does anybody think the guitar work throughout their songs is better than most people crack it up to be? CoFs guitarists are VERY good...they play the most harmonized riffs I've ever heard, and they do it superbly well.

Weezle
06-26-2005, 10:22 PM
Also, does anybody think the guitar work throughout their songs is better than most people crack it up to be? CoFs guitarists are VERY good...they play the most harmonized riffs I've ever heard, and they do it superbly well.

I'm an aspiring guitarist (meaning I don't know too much about it yet and my playing isn't too well), and I noticed that strictly because I listen to a lot of music. Compared to all the other artists in the Death/Black metal genre I listen to, Cradle have by far some of the greatest guitar players.

Lord Abortion
06-27-2005, 07:02 AM
Reminds me of a harsher King Diamond...

I fully agree - the guitaristry is excellent

filthy little secret solo++

luftvier
06-27-2005, 11:32 AM
Vempire is my favorite.

Yes they sold out, if by that you mean became the Traveling Anne Rice Tribute Circus Side Show.

Seriously, Dani Filth is the Fred Durst of metal.

They are an act, and Dani has been so gloriously gay and self obsessed since Midian that is is hardly believable.

Granted, I still like a lot of their music, but seriously.

If you like their stuff, I honestly recommend Emperor over them. HEavier, better songwriting, and less campy.

luftvier
06-27-2005, 11:32 AM
I'm an aspiring guitarist (meaning I don't know too much about it yet and my playing isn't too well), and I noticed that strictly because I listen to a lot of music. Compared to all the other artists in the Death/Black metal genre I listen to, Cradle have by far some of the greatest guitar players.

See Ihsahn of the above Emperor.

Lord Abortion
06-27-2005, 11:33 AM
If you like their stuff, I honestly recommend Emperor over them. HEavier, better songwriting, and less campy.
I listen to emperor alot

they are totally different bands :confused:
the music style bar the principle is vastly different to emperor's

magicaltrollII
06-27-2005, 11:46 AM
Graveworm sounds more like them if you ask me.

Graveworm is pretty much my favorite band right now. They make the most epic/beautiful music. I love them.

NP-Graveworm-Abandoned By Heaven

See Ihsahn of the above Emperor.
Seriously, listen to any song off In The Nightside Eclipse, and tell me the guitars suck. Listen to the openig riff in Into The infinity Of Thought. My favorite Emperor song, and one of my favorite riffs of all time.

Hallowed Be Thy Name
06-27-2005, 12:54 PM
Yes they sold out, if by that you mean became the Traveling Anne Rice Tribute Circus Side Show.

Seriously, Dani Filth is the Fred Durst of metal.

I really don't get what it is that they've done that people are saying they've sold out. I mean sure they have the circus stuff at some shows (I say some because of the size of the venue), but how does that mean they sold out? Yes, they have gotten popular over the years, but how many bands haven't gotten popular as the years go on. I think they'll sell out when you see Cradle of Filth collectible action figures or some other ridiculous merchandise like KISS has done, and they follow the music trend and make an emo album or something.

Shattered_Future
06-27-2005, 12:56 PM
If you listen to their first album, and then listen to D*mnation And A Day or Nymphetamine, you can really hear the difference.

Simply because they made their music different, people say that have sold out. Shows how ignorant some people are.

Lord Abortion
06-27-2005, 12:59 PM
If you listen to their first album, and then listen to D*mnation And A Day or Nymphetamine, you can really hear the difference.

Simply because they made their music different, people say that have sold out. Shows how ignorant some people are.
again I fully agree- this is the point I make countless times, but do people listen?

Thor
06-27-2005, 04:21 PM
People just say they sold out because they have more fans than most other bands in their genre. So what? That just means that they are better because more people like them. :thumb:

Just kidding, but I like them anyways.

NP: Cradle of Filth - Lord Abortion

Lord Abortion
06-27-2005, 04:26 PM
NP: Cradle of Filth - Lord Abortion
bows.. thanks for that

Thor
06-27-2005, 04:29 PM
bows.. thanks for that
That song is my 2nd favorite CoF song, and it's the best off of Midian by far. I think that the best song by them is The Forest Whispers My Name, but I like Dani's new vocals more than his older ones.

Dancin' Man
06-27-2005, 04:44 PM
I just don't think CoF are that good. They have good songs but I honestly don't feel they have a single album that is solid the whole was through.

Lord Abortion
06-27-2005, 04:45 PM
That song is my 2nd favorite CoF song, and it's the best off of Midian by far. I think that the best song by them is The Forest Whispers My Name, but I like Dani's new vocals more than his older ones.
yeah... the forest whispers is a great song...
I love cruelty brought thee orchids alot at the moment...

thatonedrummerguy66
06-27-2005, 07:52 PM
i think its all great dani has some talent in changing his voice, and looking past the shrieking the lyrics tell great stories if you think about them. not to mention adrian is kick *** on the drums, to bad martin left tho great keys on nymphetamine........ but my favorite songs are swansong for a raven, and her ghost in the fog, and saffron's curse. but realyl i cant go wrong with a cradle of filth song i listen to them all but i dont care as much for the remixes on lovecraft and witchhearts

Thor
06-27-2005, 08:19 PM
I just don't think CoF are that good. They have good songs but I honestly don't feel they have a single album that is solid the whole was through.
I thought that The Principle of Evil Made Flesh and Midian were solid albums. The rest follow with what you said.

Dancin' Man
06-27-2005, 09:00 PM
Ehhh, I have Midian and find weak points. I'll give it another listen later. I don't have THe Principle of Evil Made Flesh so I'll take your word for it.

luftvier
06-28-2005, 12:47 AM

No, I say they sold out because of how GAY their image has become. Have you SEEN the videos for "Born in a Burial Gown" or "Nymphetamine"? LAUGHABLE! Dani is GAY GAY GAY with his faggothy vampire absurdity. He is an imp with a bloated ego and silly vampire fangs that angsty Hot Topic goth mallcorists masturbate to while writing terrible poetry in their candle-lit rooms!

I still enjoy his music, but his image is ridiculous. Cut down on the photoshop and Anne Rice junk.

Dimmu Borgir is becoming almost as laughable nowadays. Satyricon fast approaches.

luftvier
06-28-2005, 12:50 AM
Seriously, listen to any song off In The Nightside Eclipse, and tell me the guitars suck. Listen to the openig riff in Into The infinity Of Thought. My favorite Emperor song, and one of my favorite riffs of all time.

Ihsahn was my example of a guitarist in metal who kicks Gaydle of Filth- all whilst singing too!

Um, Other better metal guitarists can be found in almost any credible band. Opeth, CoB, newer Mayhem (GDoW, WLA and Chimera), Marduk, Ulver, the list goes on.

Magicaltroll
06-28-2005, 12:55 AM
Ihsahn was my example of a guitarist in metal who kicks Gaydle of Filth- all whilst singing too!

Um, Other better metal guitarists can be found in almost any credible band. Opeth, CoB, newer Mayhem (GDoW, WLA and Chimera), Marduk, Ulver, the list goes on.
I like CoF alot, there are just better guitarists than the ones in CoF.

Fat people are hard to kidnap
06-28-2005, 02:23 AM
to tell the truth, CoF isn't as bad as some say (not to me anyway, and yes, i am into bands like Emperor, Gorgoroth, Dark Throne, etc so i do have experience with real BM bands) it mean sure, the music is sub-par, but it's somewhat soothing, they're a band i'd buy an album from, but i'd probably pass em up, every time, for a better band

Lord Abortion
06-28-2005, 04:43 AM
I like CoF alot, there are just better guitarists than the ones in CoF.
yeah, if he doesen't like cradle, piss off out of the thread, if you can't express your dislike for cradle in a mature way then you are just a waste of space...

I personally love cradle's guitar playing, especially on midian and the new album seems really tight too guitar wise, however I admit there are better guitarists than those in the band, but they are great for what they do, they don't need to be obscurely technical for the music they play...

_Suddevn_
06-28-2005, 07:05 AM
i like em but only have nymphetamine and ****ation and a day albums.
which older albums are good?

luftvier
06-28-2005, 09:42 AM
yeah, if he doesen't like cradle, piss off out of the thread, if you can't express your dislike for cradle in a mature way then you are just a waste of space...

I personally love cradle's guitar playing, especially on midian and the new album seems really tight too guitar wise, however I admit there are better guitarists than those in the band, but they are great for what they do, they don't need to be obscurely technical for the music they play...

They only way I can possibly express my dislike for Cradle's image is in that way.

Again, I don't dislike the band. I find Dani laughable however.

luftvier
06-28-2005, 09:45 AM

Vempire is my personal favorite.

Principle of Evil Made Flesh is also quite good.

They are heavy and fast, less melodic than the newer stuff, but impressive in it's own rite. As a fan of grittier BM anyway, I appreciate these albums a lot.

Lord Abortion
06-28-2005, 10:40 AM
Vempire is my personal favorite.

Principle of Evil Made Flesh is also quite good.

They are heavy and fast, less melodic than the newer stuff, but impressive in it's own rite. As a fan of grittier BM anyway, I appreciate these albums a lot.
right, sorry you should express dislike for Dani in a more mature way,

I really like him, it's not his fault that these faux-goths have chosen to copy him, it's odd because real music fans like Dani and the posers do too, that's why you see an odd mix at cradle gigs...

luftvier
06-29-2005, 11:09 AM
Agreed. I'll keep my Dani bashing to Ruthlessreviews forums.

Thor
06-29-2005, 11:25 AM
It's not very old, but Midian is a great album.

The Mercenary highvoltage
06-30-2005, 10:43 AM
The music is great but i just don't like the singing further DAni si a great singer and From the cradle to the enslave is the only songs where I don't mind the singing caus the song is so **** great

Sleeper
07-01-2005, 08:21 PM
It's not very old, but Midian is a great album.
Midian is the album that got me into them.

Thor
07-01-2005, 09:19 PM
Midian is the album that got me into them.
The Principle of Evil Made Flesh got me into them, but Midian is the real reason that they listen to them now. What are your favorite songs off of Midian?

Sleeper
07-01-2005, 10:00 PM
The Principle of Evil Made Flesh got me into them, but Midian is the real reason that they listen to them now. What are your favorite songs off of Midian?
Her ghost in the fog
Lord Abortion
Cthulu Dawn
Tortured Soul Asylum

Thor
07-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Her ghost in the fog
Lord Abortion
Cthulu Dawn
Tortured Soul Asylum
Yeah, those are all some great songs. What is your favorite CoF song ever?

Huber
07-02-2005, 09:21 PM
Mine (though I've only heard ****ation and a Day, Midian, and The Principal Of Evil Made Flesh) is Tortured Soul Asylum.

Sleeper
07-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Mannequin

Lord Abortion
07-03-2005, 12:22 PM
mine has my name in it

Shattered_Future
07-03-2005, 01:22 PM

Thirteen Autumns And A Widow.

:amaze:

I was just like...wow...when i heard that song. Its freaking amazing.

Taste_My_Scythe
07-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Medusa and Hemlock and Filthy Little Secret. But then again, I haven't heard many songs. I think I only have 5.

Lord Abortion
07-03-2005, 02:17 PM
Medusa and Hemlock and Filthy Little Secret. But then again, I haven't heard many songs. I think I only have 5.
current msn name is...

MelanchOllie:::Forever sworn to keep it, My filthy little secret

Taste_My_Scythe
07-03-2005, 02:19 PM
current msn name is...

MelanchOllie:::Forever sworn to keep it, My filthy little secret

And you're giving it to me for uploads? (awesome song, isn't it? Was it you that uploaded it in the YSI thread?)

Shattered_Future
07-03-2005, 02:20 PM
Pardon? For uploads?

No doubt...hes the man to go to for CoF.

Lord Abortion
07-03-2005, 02:20 PM
Pardon? For uploads?
nah, I'm just pointing out the filthy little secret lyrics in there

Taste_My_Scythe
07-03-2005, 02:21 PM
nah, I'm just pointing out the filthy little secret lyrics in there

Ah, ok. I don't have MSN. Working, anyways.

DavidFilth
07-10-2005, 04:45 PM
I get the feeling that Cruelty and the Beast is a quite underrated album. Take for example, Lustmord and Wargasm (which is off CATB album)....it's a very good song, my second favorite (first being malice through the looking glass). But it's not as popular as, oh, mannequin. It's weird, CATB is an example of Dani's poetic ability, as it is a concept album with beautiful writing.

Shadows
07-10-2005, 04:54 PM
I get the feeling that Cruelty and the Beast is a quite underrated album. Take for example, Lustmord and Wargasm (which is off CATB album)....it's a very good song, my second favorite (first being malice through the looking glass). But it's not as popular as, oh, mannequin. It's weird, CATB is an example of Dani's poetic ability, as it is a concept album with beautiful writing.
'Tis underrated. I don't think it's altogether as strong as much of their other work, but C&tB has amazing songs like Lustmord and Wargasm and Thirteen Autumns and a Widow. As far as I can tell most all of Dani's lyrics are incredible. Best metal lyricist around.

Does CoF have more than one concept album? I know Damnation is, but that's it.

I'm very glad to see Taste_My_Scythe is into Cradle of Filth. :) We need more non-flaming Cradle talk around here.

Huber
07-10-2005, 04:57 PM
Anyone have an interpretation of what Tortured Soul Asylum is about. I know Midian was a son of Abraham, but that's it. Anyone else know anything?

To the above: Definetly. Dani's lyrics are one of the things that draws me to listen to CoF.

Lord Abortion
07-10-2005, 05:00 PM
alot of the best songs are off cruelty- It's their best work bar midian IMO

the twisted nails of faith, beneath the howling stars and cruelty brought thee orchids are on there for starters...

Shadows
07-10-2005, 05:00 PM
To the above: Definetly. Dani's lyrics are one of the things that draws me to listen to CoF.
For me it's Dani and the guitar work. It's excellent and very underrated. They can harmonize better than almost any metal band around right now.

I didn't know Midian was a son of Abraham so I can't help you with that one.

Oh yeah... Midian = My all-time favorite CoF album

Huber
07-10-2005, 05:01 PM
For me it's Dani and the guitar work. It's excellent and very underrated. They can harmonize better than almost any metal band around right now.

and they have Mr. Barker behind the kit. He's a monster on drums.

Shadows
07-10-2005, 05:07 PM
and they have Mr. Barker behind the kit. He's a monster on drums.
They used to. I'd rank Adrian very close to him, but Nic is still better. Another excellent metal musician.

Huber
07-10-2005, 05:11 PM
They used to. I'd rank Adrian very close to him, but Nic is still better. Another excellent metal musician.

For some reason I always forget he left.

Shadows
07-10-2005, 05:12 PM
For some reason I always forget he left.
I'm still trying to keep in mind that they have a new bassist.

And... :upset: ...Martin left...

Lord Abortion
07-10-2005, 05:27 PM
people leave, cradle goes on, dani goes on, His wil alone has kept them going and will always

Moses
07-10-2005, 05:42 PM

Oh yeah... Midian = My all-time favorite CoF album
Nobody does it better than Dragonforce. :thumb:

Huber
07-10-2005, 06:05 PM
Nobody does it better than Dragonforce. :thumb:

Yeah, he's got you there man...

Good guitar parts none-the-less though.

Shadows
07-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Yeah, he's got you there man...

Good guitar parts none-the-less though.
Dragonfaroce may own Cradle, but I really think Shadows Fall owns them all in harmonizing.

Huber
07-10-2005, 06:12 PM
I haven't heard enough Shadows Fall to judge.

Shadows
07-10-2005, 06:19 PM
Just listen to most anything off Of One Blood and Art of Balance and I'm sure you'll agree...maybe.

6COF6ATG6
07-10-2005, 09:27 PM
for anyone interested in hearing the only song featuring clean vocals from dani for a brief moment check out the song The Rape and Ruin or Angels (Hosannas in Extremis) its off VEmpire.

Shattered_Future
07-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Just listen to most anything off Of One Blood and Art of Balance and I'm sure you'll agree...maybe.

A Fire In Babylon - Excellent, excellent harmonies. And solos. AAAND riffs.

The only thing i don't really like about CoF is Dani's image. I think he tries WAY too hard with it. Yes, i know its a "standard" of black metal (if people call them that...i don't wanna get into a genre argument), but he's a lot worse than others.

The pet beaver on bass
07-10-2005, 10:02 PM
my two cents: I havn't heard much older stuff (maybe I'm missing out) and As much as I hate the local 13 year old fanboys who listen to them I really like Nymphetamine. I'm really into more melodic stuff so that might make sense by what I've heard. anyways, it has catchy riffs and when I first heard his vocals I thought they were a girl, then I found out it was dani and I was like :O. how in ****'s name does he do that? if it's not electronic I still can't figure it out. anyways yeah, nymphetamine is great by my books, especially swansong for a raven, overdose, and filthy little secret.

Lord Abortion
07-11-2005, 04:46 AM
Dani does clean vocals in Lord Abortion

Nymphetamine IS great, dani uses no effects on his voice, he sounds exactly like that live...

Taste_My_Scythe
07-11-2005, 09:37 AM
I just downloaded Lord Abortion and listened to it for the first time yesterday; awesome song. I plan on getting Midian when I can.

Shadows
07-11-2005, 10:28 AM
Dani does clean vocals in Lord Abortion

Nymphetamine IS great, dani uses no effects on his voice, he sounds exactly like that live...
Dani sounds really great live. :cool:

Is Lord Abortion the only Midian song T_M_S has heard so far?

Lord Abortion
07-11-2005, 10:32 AM
Dani sounds really great live. :cool:

and I'm going to see them AGAIN in five months...

Shadows
07-11-2005, 10:33 AM
and I'm going to see them AGAIN in five months...
I take it you live in the UK?

I siezed an opportunity when the toured the US (Headbangers Ball Tour with Himsa, Bleeding Through, and Arch Enemy). I'm sure as hell glad I did. :)

Vitriolic Rage
07-11-2005, 01:34 PM
I believe they are coming to Leeds in December, I must go to that show.
I prefer the older stuff, to be honest, I thought Nyphetamine was pretty crap, yeah, there were a few good songs like Gilded Cunt, Nymphetamine and Mother of Abominations, but the rest in my opinion was boring.
My fave album is probably Vempire, or Principle.

Lord Abortion
07-11-2005, 02:11 PM
I believe they are coming to Leeds in December, I must go to that show.
I prefer the older stuff, to be honest, I thought Nyphetamine was pretty crap, yeah, there were a few good songs like Gilded Cunt, Nymphetamine and Mother of Abominations, but the rest in my opinion was boring.
My fave album is probably Vempire, or Principle.
could you upload some vempire tracks for me?

that's the only one I don't have...

Shadows
07-11-2005, 04:44 PM
The Principle of Evil Made Flesh is one of their few albums I don't enjoy. It has great moments like the title track, The Black Goddess Rises, and A Crescendo of Passion Bleeding, but aside from that I thought it was pretty bland. Everything after that was flawless, though.

NP - Thirteen Autumns and a Widow

Taste_My_Scythe
07-11-2005, 04:50 PM

Yep.

I'm very glad to see Taste_My_Scythe is into Cradle of Filth. :) We need more non-flaming Cradle talk around here.

Love them. I first heard them when I got Headbanger's Ball in december, and I wasn't too fond of them. I liked the instrumental stuff, but Dani's voice was just too much. But since I joined the board, people uploaded stuff, I downloaded, and...I'm a fangirl. :thumb:

I still think Hallowed Be Thy Name is the coolest cover ever.

Shadows
07-11-2005, 04:53 PM
Love them. I first heard them when I got Headbanger's Ball in december, and I wasn't too fond of them. I liked the instrumental stuff, but Dani's voice was just too much. But since I joined the board, people uploaded stuff, I downloaded, and...I'm a fangirl. :thumb:

Cradle can cover Maiden like nobody's business.

But on the other hand, stay at least 20 feet away from their Misfits covers at all times. Death Comes Ripping = worst cover EVER

I don't think I've ever seen the word "fangirl" before. We need to throw as much Cradle of Filth at you as possible. :) real fans of them seem rare around here.

Magicaltroll
07-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Yep.

If you don't mind me asking...
Are you a girl, or were you kidding?

Just wondering.

But on the other hand, stay at least 20 feet away from their Misfits covers at all times. Death Comes Ripping = worst cover EVER

I don't think I've ever seen the word "fangirl" before. We need to throw as much Cradle of Filth at you as possible. :) real fans of them seem rare around here.
I've loced CoF for awhile. It jsut seemed no one else did.

Taste_My_Scythe
07-11-2005, 04:59 PM
If you don't mind me asking...
Are you a girl, or were you kidding?

Just wondering.

:lol: Why would I be kidding? Yep, I'm a girl.

Hey, I'll take anything you got. You guys should know my musical preferences by now, so whatever you think I'd like works for me. :thumb:

Magicaltroll
07-11-2005, 05:01 PM
I don't know.
And thats awesome, I don't see alot of chicks into metal. There should be more girls like you :thumb:

Hey, I'll take anything you got. You guys should know my musical preferences by now, so whatever you think I'd like works for me. :thumb:
You should check out Anorexia Nervosa or Lord Belial. Both awesome bands sort of similiar to CoF in my opinion. They're great anyway.

Taste_My_Scythe
07-11-2005, 05:01 PM
I don't know.
And thats awesome, I don't see alot of chicks into metal. There should be more girls like you :thumb:

:p Yeah, I've come to notice that there's a huge lack. For one thing, whenever anyone finds out I'm a girl, they either say what you said above or

"ASL?!"

:rolleyes:

Magicaltroll
07-11-2005, 05:05 PM
:p Yeah, I've come to notice that there's a huge lack. For one thing, whenever anyone finds out I'm a girl, they either say what you said above or

"ASL?!"

I've always kind of wondered about you though... I mean, the user title kind of seemed like a girlish thing with the squiggly things and stars. No offense :D

Shadows
07-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Once I figure out how to compress a folder full of music files I'll upload albums for you on our "private lounge", hehehehe. I'll get you Cradle of Filth and other sweet bands I think you mgiht like. Finding a girl into metal really excites me (in a non-sick kind of way you bastards :angry: )

Taste_My_Scythe
07-11-2005, 05:08 PM
Once I figure out how to compress a folder full of music files I'll upload albums for you on our "private lounge", hehehehe. I'll get you Cradle of Filth and other sweet bands I think you mgiht like. Finding a girl into metal really excites me (in a non-sick kind of way you bastards :angry: )

:naughty: I know what you mean.
haha, ok. Hey, it's great to be on the receiving end!

I've always kind of wondered about you though... I mean, the user title kind of seemed like a girlish thing with the squiggly things and stars. No offense :D

Oh, for a second I thought you were talking about my username; didn't seem girly to me...
Yeah, it's a little cheesy, but hey. I got people to join, so either they really like me or they want to be a part of the HateCrew. :lol:

jamsomecephalic!
07-11-2005, 05:17 PM
i dunno i think when they covered hallowed be thy name they did it really well. i dunno i also like scorched earth erotica too because it the only song i can play the drums for all the way through

Lord Abortion
07-11-2005, 05:20 PM

"ASL?!"

yes, well some people can't talk to girls... :p

Huber
07-11-2005, 05:22 PM
g-g-g-g-iirls?

That was my bad attempt at an e-Studder.

Shadows
07-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Wow, people really do freak out when the sex of our forum members is unveiled.

Taste_My_Scythe
07-11-2005, 08:40 PM
Wow, people really do freak out when the sex of our forum members is unveiled.

It's quite funny actually....

yes, well some people can't talk to girls... :p

:p True. Most of the MXers don't have a problem, though.

Magicaltroll
07-11-2005, 09:02 PM
It's quite funny actually....

:p True. Most of the MXers don't have a problem, though.
Yeah it is pretty funny.
And I don't really have a problem, because I thought you were a guy when I offered to help with your cover song. But now that I know you're a girl, I don't think I'm talking to you/trating you any different.

...Or am I? :eek:

Shadows
07-11-2005, 09:04 PM
Yeah it is pretty funny.
And I don't really have a problem, because I thought you were a guy when I offered to help with your cover song. But now that I know you're a girl, I don't think I'm talking to you/trating you any different.

You are. Admit it.

Taste_My_Scythe
07-11-2005, 09:05 PM
Yeah it is pretty funny.

:p Nope. You're still helping me. Thanks again, by the way. The cover wouldn't be good if it was missing a solo and drums.

You are. Admit it.

If he is, he sure isn't showing it. :lol: Hidden agenda, possibly.

Shadows
07-11-2005, 09:09 PM
If he is, he sure isn't showing it. :lol: Hidden agenda, possibly.
Oh, he's showing it. I can read him like a book. You just have to know how to look for these things; I can do that. He's completely threatened by us. Me especially, because quite frankly, who wouldn't be? I'm superior to every human in every aspect.

Taste_My_Scythe
07-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Oh, he's showing it. I can read him like a book. You just have to know how to look for these things; I can do that. He's completely threatened by us. Me especially, because quite frankly, who wouldn't be? I'm superior to every human in every aspect.

Oh are you?
And why would someone be threatened by me? :D

NP: Born in a Burial Gown - Cradle of Filth

Shadows
07-11-2005, 09:14 PM
Oh are you?
And why would someone be threatened by me? :D

NP: Born in a Burial Gown - Cradle of Filth
Because you, as you put it, are a girl. C'mon. A female metalhead? What's not to be threatened by?

NP: Cradle of Filth - ...aw screw it. I'm not listening to anything.

And by the way, I'll have those CoF albums uploaded on the other forum as soon as YSI gets it's head out of it's ass.

Taste_My_Scythe
07-11-2005, 09:15 PM
Because you, as you put it, are a girl. C'mon. A female metalhead? What's not to be threatened by?

NP: Cradle of Filth - ...aw screw it. I'm not listening to anything.

:lol: True, not too many guys know a female metalhead, but I'm not going to kill anyone. Yet.

Shadows
07-11-2005, 09:16 PM
:lol: True, not too many guys know a female metalhead, but I'm not going to kill anyone. Yet.
So now you're making violent threats? MX should require a background check on everyone who tries to join this forum.

You are actually one of two female metalheads I have ever known.