PDA

View Full Version : Fender American Deluxe Precision

Alma
05-14-2005, 03:51 AM
Body: Alder
Neck: Maple
Fretboard: Maple
Pickups: P-Bass, Specially designed Humbucker (Bridge)
Preamp: 3 Band EQ, 18 Volt Vol, Dynamic Select, Bass/treble cut boost, mids
Bridge: Fender
Colour: Don't know, could be butterscotch blonde
Pickguard: Tortoise

Sound: 9.5/10

This bass would have to be fenders most versatile. Many tones are available from this bass. Traditional P bass tone, stingray like punch, jaco like mids. This bass has it all. 3 Band EQ really helps you select the tone you want. Can cut just about any gig.

Playability: 10/10

The maple neck on this bass is amazing, nice and fast, great size for me, not too thin or thick just right. Very fast, great for slapping. Also a very good tap bass would you believe it. Finger work is made easy on this bass.
Plays like a dream.

Construction: 9/10

Top notch fender construction, have not had any problems except for loosing a bolt from the tuners (my fault really). Neck is fastened by 6 bolts, body seriously well done. Fret work is great too. Overall, bloody good construction.

Overall: 9.5/10

A weapon. Versatile all round, great playability. Awesome power from the preamp and pickups. Great construction. This bass absolutely is awesome.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/fender88/bass.jpg

Sorry about the pic, i need to get some more of it.

Heres another pic I recently took.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/fender88/fenp2.jpg

Wintermute
05-14-2005, 05:16 AM
((In the future please post a link to any new reviews in the review index))

Radiobass81
05-14-2005, 07:26 AM
Amazing bass. Best bass I've played yet.

Ace review :thumb:.

2rri
05-14-2005, 09:25 AM
Buying one this summer(but in 5-string), sweet assed.

Alma
05-14-2005, 07:58 PM
I havent played a 5er precision, but my teacher plays an american deluxe jazz 5 string. Its pretty good, he needs to get it set up though.

LewsTherin
05-14-2005, 08:09 PM
oh, btw, that finish is "amber"

Alma
05-16-2005, 02:06 AM
Yeah, that looks it. I might not have been able to regonize the colour as the example photo was a FMT Jazz, so the flame top put me off.

LewsTherin
05-16-2005, 07:12 PM
Yeah, that looks it. I might not have been able to regonize the colour as the example photo was a FMT Jazz, so the flame top put me off.

mm....and i dont even think the american deluxe Ps come in butterscotch blonde.
(that amber w/ that pickguard is easily fender's sexiest finishes, btw)

Alma
05-17-2005, 02:46 AM
yep, shez pretty hot.

I wouldn't mind a black pickguard.

Might look good.

Would cost about $250 AUD to get one made....Bugger that.

Alma
07-23-2005, 05:24 AM
Just added another photo of my beautiful P bass! :D

Radiobass81
07-23-2005, 10:14 AM
Beautiful bass.

Did you pick an ash model (sorry if you mentioned it and I didn't notice)?

twopelu
07-23-2005, 10:16 AM
18 volts? that means it needs two 9 volt batteries? It sucks then... I feel so annoyed. The bass is stunning though... the colour could be better.

Thunder Fingers
07-23-2005, 10:17 AM
its natural... since you can see the grain in the wood, i would guess the colour is Natural, though yours is much darker than mine, but that mighht have something to do with the fact tat that one is alder an mine is Ash(and its a Feckin hard ash to..)...

twopelu
07-23-2005, 10:19 AM
I think its one of the clearest and brightest maple necks Ive seen... odd, but cool.

Alma
07-23-2005, 07:13 PM
Radio: Its an alder version. Im glad i went alder, ash is dearer and brighter. I didn't want a lot of brightness.

Twopelu: Yes, 2 9 Volt Batteries = more headroom. And yes id have to agree its one of the best maple necks ive seen/played.

Eddie: Ash is a brighter coloured wood than alder. The colour is definantly amber, it is not a natural finish. But it looks it.

blizzard
07-24-2005, 12:59 AM
Good review, I really envy you and that bass

:cool: Adam

red_zeppelin
07-24-2005, 03:30 AM
thats is such a nice bass. congrats and enjoy it

Magero
08-13-2005, 11:33 PM
Pretty cool. I've got a '67 Fender Telecaster Bass sitting next to me :cool: . Not a reissue. A Real '67, and it's brilliant to play. It's got a humbucker instead of the standard single single coil though.

Magero
08-13-2005, 11:44 PM
This is a picture. It looks exactly like the '51 Presicion but has a humbucker. Sorry if i'm diverging the subject, but it's interesting that the Tele bass looks like the '51 Precision, but your precision has a different pick guard.

jhiggins1
08-14-2005, 05:06 PM
Sick Nasty

bass&cookies
08-16-2005, 09:42 PM
wow. how much did that cost you?

Naveed Afzal
08-16-2005, 11:07 PM
The Only Pbass I like...
Slapping on that is incredible

I played it thru a older Trace Elliot head (and I think it was a cab also) and it blew me away i had never seen one before, so i was sure it was a custom job, the guy who had it was a friend of a friend, and let me play it a little. I wanted one... Sooooooooo bad.

Alma
08-17-2005, 01:25 AM
wow. how much did that cost you?

$2800 AUD + Fender hard case.

So, about $2200 US or so.

You'll say i got ripped off, but thats a seriously good price for here in AUS.

Alma
08-17-2005, 01:28 AM
The Only Pbass I like...
Slapping on that is incredible

I played it thru a older Trace Elliot head (and I think it was a cab also) and it blew me away i had never seen one before, so i was sure it was a custom job, the guy who had it was a friend of a friend, and let me play it a little. I wanted one... Sooooooooo bad.

Yeh, slapping on this thing is a dream. Sounds sweet too.

If you ever get the chance to buy an American Deluxe Fender do it!

The jazz bass is sweet as too.

Naveed Afzal
08-17-2005, 02:04 AM
That bass, makes getting a good slapping tone easy, seriously you can have a really sloppy nasty technique, and you can get a a nice crisp slap tone. Where as if you tried that same sloppy technique with anothe rbass you may get some twang and thuds.

I thought it was aroun $1200 USD.

Thats prob the best bass from fender ive ever played, i hate Pbass, hate them, they sound like **** to me, but theres just something about that bass that makes me cream my pants.

My Friend had a Black Alder Body, Tortise shell pickguard, and a rosewood fingerboard.

I have a ton of money saved up, and the amount is just getting larger. I need to hurry up and Buy a bass, reading your post has me considering buying one... i change my mind on what i want so much, which is why i dont have one... i cant make up my mind cuz if im going to spend 1000-3000 bucks on a bass i want it to be exactly what i want.

Alma
08-17-2005, 03:29 AM
Its definantly worth a look.

Check out some other basses, but still keep the deluxe series in the back of your mind.

Worrpigs
08-17-2005, 03:34 PM
$2800 AUD + Fender hard case.

So, about $2200 US or so.

You'll say i got ripped off, but thats a seriously good price for here in AUS.
you got totally raped on that price. a store near me has that exact one for $1,200. beautiful bass though, its by far one of my favorites. have fun with it.

Alma
08-18-2005, 12:01 AM
you got totally raped on that price. a store near me has that exact one for $1,200. beautiful bass though, its by far one of my favorites. have fun with it.

Im from Australia, so things aren't cheap here. Its an awesome price for over here though.....So compared to you guys i did, but not compared to the standard price here.

kev_trb1006
10-31-2005, 11:27 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/fender88/bass.jpg

thumb over the top of the neck, thats baaaad technique man....

just kiddin man!! i played one the other day, crome silver, rosewood fingerboard. was sex. though im still torn between the MIA Jazz Bass and MIA Deluxe P... My band plays Counting Crows/Grateful Dead kind of stuff, any opinions on which suits the job better?

Its all gravys
11-05-2005, 07:35 PM
are all fender bodies made from three pieces of wood?! i can see the different pieces quite clearly... is that bad or good???

Alma
11-25-2005, 08:02 PM
Kev, if you're looking at a J go with the deluxe J. They're very awesome. Id go the deluxe P over a MIA Jazz though. Any day.

Gravy's: Some are made from 3 pieces, some 2. Im not quite sure on what difference it would make.