PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone good enough to play this???

Chrispatuzzo
05-04-2005, 06:03 AM
Can anyone play the main solo bit out of 'Wonderboy' by Tenacious D. It's an absolute bastard and it's pissin me off tryin to get it up to speed. It only takes a few seconds but sounds amazin. Can you post tips on how to play it eg. finger runs, fingers for strings etc.

Fallenvictim
05-04-2005, 06:05 AM
Can anyone play the main solo bit out of 'Wonderboy' by Tenacious D. It's an absolute bastard and it's pissin me off tryin to get it up to speed. It only takes a few seconds but sounds amazin. Can you post tips on how to play it eg. finger runs, fingers for strings etc.
just start playing slow, build up memory in your fingers for it, than slowly bring it up to speed, there's not some magic answer, practise

Zatoichi
05-04-2005, 10:12 AM
Can you post tips on how to play it eg. finger runs, fingers for strings etc.

im sure this is where theory comes in handy. ;)

im not that great at this yet... but im sure if you know what scale its in you will no more or less what fingers fret the notes.

AtreyuKicksButt
05-04-2005, 11:40 AM
I agree, just start really slow and build up speed. When I was trying to learn Call of Ktulu, I never thought I'd get the intro down, but I eventually did just by going slowly up a metronome...

AblazeMySorrow
05-04-2005, 07:08 PM
i guess follow everyone else. solo tick me off especially alexi laihos. if you cant do it, be liek and and scream at ur guitarn until the stirngs rattle

thunderzstruck
05-04-2005, 07:14 PM
What time frame is the song in?

is it 2:48 into it?

oh btw tenacious d = \m/

Blongdoggle65
05-04-2005, 07:17 PM
It's not hard.

Against Miik!
05-04-2005, 07:30 PM
Play it on Windows Media Player and slow it down to as slow as possible. Then, after you have COMPLETEY mastered at a certain speed, move up a bit. Believe me this has worked for me countless times. Just don't try to progress to quickly.

tomfoolery
05-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Play it on Windows Media Player and slow it down to as slow as possible. Then, after you have COMPLETEY mastered at a certain speed, move up a bit. Believe me this has worked for me countless times. Just don't try to progress to quickly.
Audacity also has an excellent feature for slowing down songs without changing the pitch.

FakeReality
05-05-2005, 05:32 PM
Just play a D minor pentatonic improv. But if you wanna play the solo exact the way they do just learn it and if your a beginner just build up the speed slowly. It's not a terribly hard solo.

lοchenjons
05-10-2005, 11:41 AM
nice solo, just keep practicing. its not hard at all, hes just using "tricks"

punk_dubbs
05-10-2005, 11:52 AM
slow it down and learn it perfectly, then gradually speed it up as everyone has said.

Diatonic Dissonance™
05-11-2005, 02:33 AM
wtf is hard about that crappy solo?

ArcLite
05-11-2005, 03:14 AM
wtf is hard about that crappy solo?

/Reminds this is the Beginners section.

/Reminds not everyone is as good as you and knows how to do all these things.

:thumb:

Chrispatuzzo
11-04-2005, 04:23 AM
Thanx 4 all the suggestions, i've now got it up to 85% speed form 50 and i'm still workin on it. Cheers!!!

Sph
11-04-2005, 05:51 AM
Wtf, you've been playing it for 6 months and still can't do it properly?! No Offence.

Hep Kat
11-04-2005, 08:09 AM
i could play that

that's saying something

Cobainism
11-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Hehe I agree it is a bit tricky mayb u shud practice something else for a while and then come back to it u must be getting paranoid :evil:

Trigger_003
11-04-2005, 02:39 PM
Not really worthy of a thread, once again, just practiceC'mon, it's a decent question... the replies here have helped the guy.

KingJay: It's not an issue of how long someone's been playing; what if they've been doing rhythm for those 6 months? What if they only played once a week for the first 4 months? I know a lot of people who are/were like that... not everyone starts off listening to Vai, Meola, etc.

Threadstarter: Just as a side note, to help you out with developing your speed for soloing, you might want to check out http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308621. There are some good exercises in there that will help you to pick up other solos easier if you work on them :).

Diatonic Dissonance™
11-04-2005, 06:11 PM
/Reminds this is the Beginners section.

/Reminds not everyone is as good as you and knows how to do all these things.

:thumb:
Oh yeah, good point.

:chug: