PDA

View Full Version : Suggested change to the User CP.

Iai
04-25-2005, 04:13 PM
Any chance of changing the list of reviews we've written to include the date/time of the last comment and the person who left that comment? The same way it does on the front page, under 'Recent Comments'.

I like to know when people have commented on my reviews, and short of clicking through all of them and checking, or catching them bumped to the front page by chance, I can't see when that happens now.

Effectively this would emulate 'subscribed threads' in the forum's User CP.

Jom
04-25-2005, 10:37 PM
I would support this, along with an edit-button implementation... but obviously, it seems my opinion has no merit.

Damrod
04-26-2005, 03:45 AM
I would support this, along with an edit-button implementation... but obviously, it seems my opinion has no merit.

I value your opinion. :)

This would be a nice feature, as well as the edit button.

/support

the2stranger
04-26-2005, 08:21 AM
/supports too

damrod:
do you have contact with Jeremy on a regualar base now, since you're a mod?

the2stranger
04-26-2005, 09:18 AM
indeed, that's what I mean.
I know Jeremy is busy and all, so it's not too big a problem.
actually I'm very pleased with the updates and changes made to sputnik in this short ammount of time.

off topic:

I was just on sputnik, and something appeared where normaly the 'recent comments' box appears
I tried refreshing the page several times, but nothing happened.
has anyone else got this problem, or knows what this means? ( I know nothing about pc's)

this:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-6,10' at line 1

EDIT:
nevermind, it's working again

Jom
04-26-2005, 09:43 AM
We could post in there I guess, but I don't know how well it would be recieved. :-/
I don't understand why this would be an issue, the MX mod team wouldn't be pissed. Who would get pissed, seriously? Just because none of them use Sputnik doesn't mean they're going to look down upon you two, especially considering you guys are two of the more intelligent users here to begin with.

the2stranger
04-26-2005, 09:55 AM
weird, I thought the mod system on sputnik was indepenent from MX, since it's on a different server.

but you need supermod powers on MXto be able to mod on sputnik?
weird stuff :confused:

Damrod
04-26-2005, 10:01 AM
weird, I thought the mod system on sputnik was indepenent from MX, since it's on a different server.

but you need supermod powers on MX to be able to mod on sputnik?
weird stuff :confused:

Point is, they are not on different servers. It is still partly implemented in the Forums, hence that you can use it with the account you created here on musicianforums.

I would rather say it's somewhat of a sub-section of the forum, with a different look and feel.

Jom
04-26-2005, 10:06 AM
Wait, I thought Jeremy made both you and Damrod supers right off the bat, but now it makes more sense that you can't do anything.

huh-whu
04-26-2005, 10:37 PM

The forums and sputnik are on the same server, and if you ping them they will resolve to the same IP address, they just point to different places on the server.

moaner
04-27-2005, 03:13 PM
That's not really the point though. The way I see it is that although the mods may not care (quite frankly I doubt they would), neither of us is meant to be able to see the mod forum, and so I'd rather not post in there unless it's really necessary in order to get Jeremy's attention or something. I'm not saying they'd look down on us, but rather that considering Jeremy posted in there that we're not meant to have access, I'd rather not push it by posting in there, especially since it's still very confused about what we can actually do. As far as I can tell, both me and Damrod are in the moderator usergroup, meaning we can see the mod forum, but that's pretty much it. Jeremy made me a local mod of a little used forum here (other equipment reviews) to see if that would work and give me powers on sputnik. Since it didn't, and only supermods can currently do anything on sputnik, I don't know what he can do with regards to me and Damrod being able to mod on sputnik short of making us both supermods, which is almost certain not to happen. Believe me, it's even more frustrating if you're meant to be able to mod somewhere but can't, but I can't really see what me or Damrod can do about it. :(

enjoy the fact you can rep? :rolleyes: