PDA

View Full Version : The Glam/Hair Metal Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

blue3
10-11-2005, 04:24 PM
That's cool. Have fun. This kid I know from the VR forum went to that show too..

On The Edge
10-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Lucky. I need to find a site that has listings of aussie glam bands or something on it.

NP: Hanoi Rocks- Boulevard of Broken Dreams (The greenday one isn't a cover, is this name historically/spiritually significant or something?)

Jon
10-12-2005, 06:21 AM
Nah, I think its a coincidence. I'm sure Billie-Joe isn't cool enough to listen to Hanoi :)

"5150"
10-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Nah, I think its a coincidence. I'm sure Billie-Joe isn't cool enough to listen to Hanoi :)

Hehe. That or he has never heard of them! It wouldn't surprise me.

NP: Motley Crue - Toast Of The Town

Jon
10-12-2005, 11:48 AM
NP: Dangerous Toys - Pissed :cool:

Apparently I make too much of an effort. That's weird because a month and a half ago people were telling me to make more of an effort :-/

pohl_56
10-12-2005, 09:51 PM
I saw Cinderella, Quiet Riot, RATT, and Firehouse a couple months back. Kick *** show. Anyone here like them?

Jon
10-13-2005, 06:50 AM
Cinderella and Ratt are two of my favourite bands, I like QR and Firehouse too though.

NP: Britny Fox - Save The Weak

pohl_56
10-15-2005, 06:40 PM
Have you ever seen them in concert? I met Quiet Riot and Firehouse, got autographs and all that good stuff. Capped off an amazing 4 hour concert.

blue3
10-15-2005, 08:22 PM
Why do they hate him? New Rose is a good song. I like Duff's voice.

blue3
10-15-2005, 09:11 PM
Yeah, Believe in Me and Beautiful Disease. Both good albums.

On The Edge
10-16-2005, 01:49 AM
Bad technique, apparently. They think that a professional drummer should spend 10 hours a day practicing to improve his playing instead of touring, writing, recording or going to college. Or something, who cares.

I love Duff's voice, have you heard his solo records?

NP: Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone

I love Kelly's version, but Butch Walkers version is amazing- wasn't he in a hair metal band? What were they called?

Oh and...

18 & life vs Little Wing (The skid row version)
Always vs Bed of Roses
Jon Bon Jovi solo vs Sebastian Bach solo
Cherry Pie vs Youth Gone Wild vs Living on a Prayer

For me its:

Totally even.
Always
Jon Bon Jovi
Abstain, probably Youth gone Wild or Living on a Prayer for sheer anthem value.

blue3
10-16-2005, 01:57 AM
18 & Life
Bed of Roses
Sebastian Bach
Youth Gone Wild

-The Frank
10-16-2005, 01:58 AM
I love Kelly's version, but Butch Walkers version is amazing- wasn't he in a hair metal band? What were they called?

Oh and...

Always vs Bed of Roses

For me its:

Totally even.
Always
Jon Bon Jovi
Abstain, probably Youth gone Wild or Living on a Prayer for sheer anthem value.

18 & life
bed of roses
jon bon jovi
youth gone wild

Jon
10-18-2005, 07:27 AM
hai guyz from a net cafe in turkey
Always vs Bed of Roses
18 & Life by millllles. Its probably a mix between because at the right times 18 & Life can make me cry, and because I can't play Little Wing
Who cares?
Bach covered Motorvatin' and Visitor. Bon Jovi cut his hair. Duhhh
Abstain, they all have really strong memories associated with them.
Bad technique, apparently. They think that a professional drummer should spend 10 hours a day practicing to improve his playing instead of touring, writing, recording or going to college. Or something, who cares.
But he dropped out of dropout school to play drums all day :-/

On The Edge
10-18-2005, 08:39 AM
I always thought their version of Little Wing was pretty cool. Mainly because of Bach's sustained vocal note at one stage but true.

List your Top 5 Power Ballads, as I'm in that mood and need some new ones at the moment.

No order:

1. 18 & Life
2. Always
3. November Rain (Close enough)
4. Bed of Roses
5. Forever (Kiss version)

Hard to choose :-\

On The Edge
10-18-2005, 09:19 AM
Power Ballads are awesome, especially for singing along with.

Whos #5 by? Dont you ever leave me is another good one. The bit were its just Michael Monroe talking is cool.

Jon
10-19-2005, 05:28 AM
1) Cinderella - Nobody's Fool
2) Warrant - Heaven
3) Motley Crue - Home Sweet Home
4) Cinderella - Don't Know What You Got
5) Kix - Don't Close Your Eyes

I missed out You're All I Need but meh
hai guyz

Why aren't you enjoying Turkey instead of posting on the internet? :-\
The sun went in and I'd just had lunch and felt a little bloated. I'm posting right now because I'm waiting for the minibus to arrive to take me into town. It'll be another 1/2 hour.

Jon
10-19-2005, 09:54 AM
woah generic list woah

Stop posting on the internet and chat up some turks plz
lolmigod guyz butch lesbi..walker

I actually would do but I've got way enough girl-issues at the moment (like 5-6) and I don't need any more complicating.

Being at the beach all day with KISS Greatest Hits and All Those Wasted Years (I lost my Theater of Pain minidisc) = really really bad lyrics for my music coursework

Verse:
I look into your eyes
My smile meets yours
I see my antidrug
But I'm wantin' more

Prechorus: /chorus if I alter the music
Hey you, starin' at your shoes
Spray up your hair and we'll rock with you
Hey girl, somethingsomething -rl (it has to rhyme, see)
Open the bottle and we'll rock the world

*Europe*

Oh, stagename. Ruby De Routier vs Jonni Scarlett

blue3
10-20-2005, 01:36 AM
I always thought their version of Little Wing was pretty cool. Mainly because of Bach's sustained vocal note at one stage but true.

List your Top 5 Power Ballads, as I'm in that mood and need some new ones at the moment.

No order:

1. 18 & Life
2. Always
3. November Rain (Close enough)
4. Bed of Roses
5. Forever (Kiss version)

Hard to choose :-\
November Rain
18 & Life
Don't Cry
Home Sweet Home
Angel.. Does that count?

I got another Motley Crue shirt today. :) Theatre of Pain.

Cipher Hour
10-20-2005, 02:39 AM
This is officially my new favourite thread within the Rock & Metal forum. God bless the glam rock/hair metal freaks. :thumb:

Yeah, I feel at home here. Anyway, my top 5 power ballads are:

1. November Rain/Estranged (I can't decide between these two for the top spot. A lot of people say Estranged is kind of boring but I really like it. Sometimes I like it more then November Rain but that's probably due to over-playing the song).
2. 18 & Life (Easy choice).
3. I'll Never Let You Go (It's a guilty pleasure of mine by Steelheart).
4. Bed of Roses
5. Is This Love (Don't look at me like that, it's another guilty pleasure, alright?)

-The Frank
10-20-2005, 04:19 AM
1. 18 & life
2. I remember You
3. November rain
4. Estranged
5. Every Rose has its thorns

Jon
10-20-2005, 01:56 PM
dudes its a beer party next door to the internet cafe and its shit music so i dont want to dance but I ave beer so i posting on internetsz and yeah hahaha feer beeeeerr = hai jon.

I made thw lyrics for the song better today. i coming home tomorrow night, so saturday morning GMT I'll be sober and posting normally k. haha free beer :p and nobody else wanted the wine that we got free with dinner so hole bottle wine i'm gonna regret this tomorrow when i#, sober. the costumes tonight, 0migod, glittttter, I was taking notes because the rest of the stage show was pop music, but the costumes and choreography, fukk in hells. beer beer beer. beeeerrr. free. its getting warm .i better drink.

the power ballad update, yeah./ it was very chjeesy chorus, almost emo "change, I want you to change, top 40 dictate swho you are", that sort of thing. like emo mixed with Unchainved by VH. SO I changed it to more cheesyey lyrics like "together, we have to be together" or something I can;t remember, but its more cheesy but less emo, k. I'm talking such BS at the moment but yeah. my music coursework, imagine I Remember You and and all the major Cinderella Power Ballads rolled into one. I miss being at home and tpign on MX all the time but I'll be home soon. b ai guyz i'm checking TE. very drunk

x

Cipher Hour
10-21-2005, 05:23 PM
dudes its a beer party next door to the internet cafe and its poop music so i dont want to dance but I ave beer so i posting on internetsz and yeah hahaha feer beeeeerr = hai jon.

I made thw lyrics for the song better today. i coming home tomorrow night, so saturday morning GMT I'll be sober and posting normally k. haha free beer :p and nobody else wanted the wine that we got free with dinner so hole bottle wine i'm gonna regret this tomorrow when i#, sober. the costumes tonight, 0migod, glittttter, I was taking notes because the rest of the stage show was pop music, but the costumes and choreography, fukk in hells. beer beer beer. beeeerrr. free. its getting warm .i better drink.

the power ballad update, yeah./ it was very chjeesy chorus, almost emo "change, I want you to change, top 40 dictate swho you are", that sort of thing. like emo mixed with Unchainved by VH. SO I changed it to more cheesyey lyrics like "together, we have to be together" or something I can;t remember, but its more cheesy but less emo, k. I'm talking such BS at the moment but yeah. my music coursework, imagine I Remember You and and all the major Cinderella Power Ballads rolled into one. I miss being at home and tpign on MX all the time but I'll be home soon. b ai guyz i'm checking TE. very drunk

x

:lol:

Nothing quite like posting on a messageboard drunk.

Jon
10-22-2005, 07:05 AM
Hehe.

Decadence tonight, I'm fucking happy because I haven't seen the crew since LA Guns. Whattt? A week and a half is a long time :mad:

Oh (I feel awful for adding this as a footnote), Brent Muscat has some form or oral cancer. He'll have to be alright, right? :(

Jon
10-25-2005, 03:39 PM
Anyone seen the Cinderella - Night Songs movie thing? Its the best thing I've ever seen in my whole life.

pohl_56
10-25-2005, 09:17 PM
I might just have to go out and buy that though I saw them in concert a while back. Amazing show so I imagine the DVD is good too.

blue3
10-25-2005, 09:41 PM
I don't listen to Cinderella much.

pohl_56
10-25-2005, 09:48 PM
Any Warrant fans around here?

blue3
10-25-2005, 09:53 PM
I like Cherry Pie. I need to listen to more Warrant.

Jon
10-26-2005, 05:58 AM
Uncle Tom's Cabin owns.

I was just watching Batman. How about an album called 'Circus Macabre' (it sounds really cliche, I was sure there was an album called that but I checked AMG...) and a heavy fucked up circus theme to everything, full on Kabuki-style makeup and whatnot?

NP: Uncle Tom's Cabin.

On The Edge
10-26-2005, 06:16 AM
Maybe they were funnier when I was a bit drunk. EZ Tyger is an awesome name.

Jon
10-26-2005, 06:18 AM
None of those are very hair metal :confused:

My band has the best glam name, EZ Tyger.

Roxx have a good name.

Go on Sleazeroxx.com and go through the Bios and Reviews and you'll find loads of great names.

pohl_56
10-26-2005, 07:07 PM
So what bands have you guys seen in concert?

blue3
10-26-2005, 10:57 PM
Not a lot.. Van Halen, VR, Def Leppard, Audioslave, Deep Purple, and Thin Lizzy...

On The Edge
10-27-2005, 01:49 AM
Only glamish one was KISS- No glam bands I know of in Perth :\

Jon
10-27-2005, 12:00 PM
The only glammy ones are:

Motley Crue, Renegade Playboys (x3), Dragonforce (x3), Skid Row, LA Guns, SPiT LiKE THiS, Nothin' To Lose, Faster Pussycat, Loud N' Nasty and some weird band with a hot asian vocalist and KISS/ICP-style makeup.

blue3
10-27-2005, 03:37 PM
You saw Skid Row? How was it?

Jon
10-27-2005, 04:07 PM
It was good.

blue3
10-27-2005, 04:09 PM
Thought so.

Griffin_Page
10-27-2005, 04:45 PM
I like guys with cucumbers in tight pants.

pohl_56
10-29-2005, 09:46 PM
Well... For the second category I think RATT should be included since they were very influential among the public. Warrant too. Afterall, they came out with "Cherry Pie" and "Heaven."

For the others groups, I will get back to you on that.

On The Edge
10-30-2005, 03:00 AM
Start with the roots of it, so in things like glam rock- Hanoi Rocks would be a great place to start. Try not to include much really cheesy (but fun) metal because that won't even get a glance.

MotoX-27
10-30-2005, 04:19 AM
What about pre Cowboys From Hell Pantera stuff, it rocks.

Jon
10-30-2005, 07:27 AM
I've already started the FG, I'll email you what I have so far if I can find it.

Dudes, you have to see the photos from last night. Glammed up awesomeness, can't wait till I get them.

With you bitch slap rappin'
And your cocaine tongue...

blue3
10-30-2005, 01:23 PM
You Could Be Mine is an awesome song.

Jon
11-01-2005, 01:19 PM
True.

*wiggles tounge*

:shifty:

So, bands, eh? Just refer to my Myspace music list, I can't think of much that's not on there.

EDIT: My most recent glam aquisations have been: an eyeliner sharpener, so I can do warpaint or other glammy crap when I'm out without rendering my pencil useless for the rest of the night, leopard print spandex trousers from my friend (she's giving me an even tighter pair this weekend), the most respected glam/goth DJ in London saying he was proud of me on Saturday night (because of my image, and how I've listened to him in developing my own style. that made my heart go all fuzzy, then I realised that glamrockers don't have emotion), and a membership card for Decadence (friend had a spare one)

Pics now.

This (http://myspace-168.vo.llnwd.net/00280/86/19/280559168_l.jpg) is how I went to Fernandes Power's party on Friday night, but with bigass hair, and my leathers and usual stuff.

Saturday night. What a motley looking crew (http://myspace-881.vo.llnwd.net/00284/18/89/284969881_l.jpg) :eek:. And I'm alllll lit upppp agaiiinnn with Alyx (http://myspace-496.vo.llnwd.net/00284/69/41/284971496_l.jpg), with Joolz (http://myspace-173.vo.llnwd.net/00284/37/12/284972173_l.jpg) (my favourite photo of myself in a long while)

Sunday night I went to Inferno with three friends, dressed as KISS (no pics). I was Peter Criss :upset:

Monday I went to school, hungover and with 20 minutes sleep, with 1/2 of my face white and 1/2 black. And silver lipstick. No pics again.

blue3
11-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Hah, nice outfit. Alot of makeup there.

My friend went as Axl for Halloween. Many thought she was a biker guy, people weren't sure of her gender. It sucked. Anyways.. FG and FA? Cool.

Jon
11-02-2005, 10:50 AM
http://www.myspace.com/nothintolose

Listen to Wasted. Its basically our little (its not little, wtf?) crew's anthem.

Such a song.

Jonney Blazes V1
11-02-2005, 11:44 AM
I havn't seen any glam bands in concert yet..But I'm seeing Alice Cooper on Sunday. He's kind of glam. I wanted to go see Bon Jovi at wembly but it sold out too quickly. Queen are another one I want tog o see, as well as Velvet Revolver..

pohl_56
11-02-2005, 06:34 PM
I havn't seen any glam bands in concert yet..But I'm seeing Alice Cooper on Sunday. He's kind of glam. I wanted to go see Bon Jovi at wembly but it sold out too quickly. Queen are another one I want tog o see, as well as Velvet Revolver..

The Alice Cooper one is gonna be great. I hope you enjoy it. I had friends that went to see him a month ago and they told me it was great! I was (and still am) jealous. Is he playing with any other bands at the show you are going to? It sucks when shows sell out lightning fast.

blue3
11-02-2005, 11:38 PM
Yeah, it sucks. That's what happened when I tried getting Pearl Jam and Metallica and Alice Cooper tickets. I know a few people who saw Alice Cooper.. I didn't go though, no money. They said it was awesome.

blue3
11-06-2005, 01:35 AM
Haha, cool. I like his hair.

Jon
11-06-2005, 12:25 PM
Rock'n'roll'n'rock'n'roll'n'rock'n'roll

I <3 my glam and my rock and my glam rock and my glamrock clubs and my glamrock friends and my glamrock clothes.

I'm still fuckin' hungover from last night, its not good.

I bought a studded leopardprint belt earlier but its too big. I need to ask the DIY thread how to make a few more holes. I bought some cowboy boots yesterday. They're good.

Glitterati
11-06-2005, 05:58 PM

I saw Cooper a few weeks ago in Vancouver. Needless to say, it rocked my socks off.

Shout it Out
11-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Has anyone heard the rumors about Sebastian Bach bein the new frontman of Van Halen? I'm not sayin its true or anything but I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about it.

blue3
11-10-2005, 06:18 PM
No, haven't heard about it.. but he's a great singer.

Shout it Out
11-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Yeah. It would definetly be interesting though.

Son of Northern Darkness
11-11-2005, 10:16 AM
It's possible: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=43470

Bach wouldn't work in Van Halen, he's far too talented a singer. VH made their name with bad singers but great showman like DLR and Sammy Hagar.

I think DLR's pretty talented? But his Stage antics and his Whole Persona is just the coolest EVER! He is SO Awesome! HaHA! I LOVE His solo stuff, like "Just like Paradise" and "Yankee Rose"! Sammy Hagar sucks!

So glam.... I LOVE DOKKEN! And Old Pantera! Anyone got "Power Metal" or Projects in the Jungle? or Metal Magic? Wow, Old Pantera is just SO cool! Dime just Shreds! It's so glam! Yeeeeeeaaaahhh! (High Pitched Glam voice!)

The Flabbit Rides High
11-11-2005, 01:43 PM
I think DLR's pretty talented? But his Stage antics and his Whole Persona is just the coolest EVER! He is SO Awesome! HaHA! I LOVE His solo stuff, like "Just like Paradise" and "Yankee Rose"! Sammy Hagar sucks!

So glam.... I LOVE DOKKEN! And Old Pantera! Anyone got "Power Metal" or Projects in the Jungle? or Metal Magic? Wow, Old Pantera is just SO cool! Dime just Shreds! It's so glam! Yeeeeeeaaaahhh! (High Pitched Glam voice!)

Gatta love Whitesnake!

Or my personal favourite, Nazareth.:)

pohl_56
11-11-2005, 06:31 PM
What is it about Sammy Hagar that nobody likes? I think he is amazing.

Glitterati
11-11-2005, 06:50 PM
What is it about Sammy Hagar that nobody likes? I think he is amazing.

I guess nobody really liked the fact that he was replacing Roth, and everyone loves Roth.

Jon
11-13-2005, 11:39 AM
I dont think Hagar is that bad, but he's a hell less of a showman than DLR was, and DLR had a better voice.

"5150"
11-13-2005, 11:52 AM
I dont think Hagar is that bad, but he's a hell less of a showman than DLR was, and DLR had a better voice.

I'd say vocally they're about the same. Dave has better Rock voice than Sammy, no doubt about that, but Sammy's range is incredible. I complete agree with you on showmanship though. DLR is alot better than Sammy.

I used to like both eras of VH about the same, but I tend to listen to more of the DLR era albums nowadays. They're alot more raw and heavier than any of the Sammy era (except Judgement Day maybe).

Jon
11-13-2005, 12:54 PM
Right Now is the only good Hagar-era song though =/

Jon
11-13-2005, 01:47 PM
Have you seen any Poison videos?

Axe
11-13-2005, 01:53 PM
Has anyone here heard the earliest pantera stuff?
I think it's great

Axe
11-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Yeah, they're all the same, right?
neg-rep.

Jon
11-13-2005, 02:03 PM
Yeah basically.

Actually, anyone ever seen videos of interviews with Brett Michaels or CC DeVille (in Decline... or anything)? I've never wanted to deck someone so much as those two cunts. I mean, CC is like a businessman with a silly accent and Brett reminds me a little of a glam version of Spicoli, but really annoying and bitching about his Diabetes every 10 seconds.

blue3
11-13-2005, 05:59 PM
But you still like Poison..

And no I haven't seen interviews of them.

blue3
11-13-2005, 09:06 PM
Of course.

pohl_56
11-13-2005, 10:21 PM
I can play Every Rose Has its Thorn on guitar. Poison is awesome though I only have one cd of them. :(

blue3
11-14-2005, 12:15 AM
Cool. I have none.

post 666th

Jon
11-14-2005, 11:15 AM
[band] is a punk band from london. We are currently seeking a glam pretty boy hard drinking, drug pushing male guitarist into rocknroll, grunge and punk.

Written for Jon?

Jon
11-16-2005, 01:37 PM
Dave: I found my FA on Hanoi, and my FG on Glam. They're both 1/2 done, you want them?

I wrote this for you last night, because you only seem to be competent in failing to be glamXcore.

How To Glam Up
By Jonni Scarlett GlD

Eat lunch. Should include cheese on toast, and some milk. You'll thank me later.
Get makeup bag & clothes ready. Moan that you can't find favourite Cinderella t-shirt.
Find it.
Shit
Shave (done early incase you cut yourself)
Shower + wash hair
Pluck eyebrows (just monobrow region)
Blowdry hair, brush it as good as possible to make backcombing easier earlier
Get dressed
Go to Camden to FWB's flat
Sit around watching DVDs and TV
Go to market to pick up sunglasses/makeup/whatever is needed, Superdrugz (sic) to get hairspray, then Sainsbury's to get Vodka, mixers, and pies
Put pie in oven, do nails whilst waiting, eat pie
Wait for more friends to come over
Dance to Poison, Pretty Boy Floyd, Cinderella, KISS and 80s School Disco Music. Fight for mirror space.
Consume large percentage of vodka, moan that you feel sober.
Foundation + Concealer.
Eyeliner
Red eyeshadow above eyelids, and going out to the sides of eyes
Black eyeshadow on eyelids and just below bottom eyelids
Deliberate whether or not to apply warpaint stripes under right eye ala Tommy Lee. Apply them wonkily. Moan, smudge them until they look ok.
Backcomb hair. Hairspray.
Repeat until hair is ~6" hair
Drink
Feel some of the vodka coming on, dance and be happy
Stagger onto bus with rest of vodka mixed with lucozade sport
Uh-oh, vodka attack.
Stagger to Intrepid Fox
Forget hours 9pm - 4am. Assume they consist of drinking, pouting, kissing, dancing, playfighting, and finally devouring a hotdog from a street vendor, before bouncing onto a nightbus or taxi back to FWBs place.
Sleep a bit at FWBs place
Count hours till next Saturday. Moan.

I was really bored last night.

Jon
11-16-2005, 01:52 PM
Sometimes I realise that I am actually getting on the bus in the biggest city in Europe looking like the lovechild of transvestite prostitute, Mad Max, and Escape From New York though :p

Jon
11-19-2005, 09:57 AM
Gigs coming up, off hand.

Tuesday - Wednesday 13. I probably won't go, its at the Mean Fiddler and I'm broke.

Dec 2nd - Zodiac Mindwarp & The Love Reaction + Voodoo Six + Skintight Jaguars. HELL YES
Dec 6th - Brides of Destruction. Might go.
Dec 22nd - XMAS ROCK EXPLOSION - Nothin' To Lose, Renegade Playboys, Skintight Jaguars, Cavalar

2006:
Cinderella + Peppermint Creeps
Stryper
Aerosmith
Bon Jovi

blue3
11-20-2005, 04:45 PM
I wanna see Aerosmith live.

Gigs coming up: None.

Shout it Out
11-23-2005, 10:55 PM
*It's been a while since I've been on the thread so I needed to catch up on some things:

First of all, the first four Pantera albums ruled. NP: Proud to be Loud

Second, Jon about the Poison interviews you know VH1 had a Behind the Music on em. Bret talks about his sex tape, CC talks about getting real fat in the 90s, and they show a clip of their reunion show with Bobby Dall sporting his Metallica haircut.

Interesting stuff.

blue3
11-23-2005, 11:01 PM
Never seen that.

The 'Story of Guns N Roses' is on MuchMoreMusic right now though.

Glitterati
11-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Have you seen any Poison videos?

Only "Talk Dirty To Me." There's some insane thrustage in that song.

Jon
11-24-2005, 02:45 PM
The Story of Guns N' Roses could have been the thing I borrowed, not sure.

I want to see the Poison interview.

The Moscow Music Peace Festival video is the best concert video I have. Followed closely by the Hanoi Rocks Nottingham Tapes + All Those Wasted Years, Cinderella - Night Songs movie, then the third annual Vengaboys appreciation festival DVD, and then finally Motley Crue - Live: Entertainment or Death.

Shazzam
11-25-2005, 07:20 PM
The video for Right Now is the worst thing I've ever seen including a used syringe in a playground.

?

That's actually one of my favorite music videos, I think it's amazing and fits athe song perfectly.

pohl_56
11-25-2005, 07:45 PM
?

That's actually one of my favorite music videos, I think it's amazing and fits athe song perfectly.

This is the video that involves a lot of reading, right? I thought it was good too. ONly saw it a couple times, though :(

hotter than hell
11-26-2005, 02:49 PM
Motley Crue is the greatest and most notorious glam band ever:thumb: . aint knowone got **** on them:evil: , they are the "original bad boys of rock". they started from absolutely nothing, and rose to the very top. when they started there carnival of sins tour, it was like Motley Crue from back in the day(except for the age and drugs). no band: GNR, Hanoi Rocks, the Scorpions, Van Halen, etc; could do that:naughty: . If you doubt me, then read: the dirt, autobiography on Motley Crue, and you'll learn all the **** they've been through, and just why they are legendary:D .

blue3
11-26-2005, 09:31 PM
Someone only likes Motley Crue.

This kid in my class made me listen to Right Now by SR-71. It was crap. But we're not talking about that so.. Van Halen's song is good.

On The Edge
11-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Slippery When Wet is one of my favourite albums of the 80's.

Spat, accept the add from sillybert on msn.

Whats the best skid row album to get?

blue3
11-26-2005, 10:31 PM
Self titled is best I think. Slave to Grind is good too.

Shout it Out
11-26-2005, 11:11 PM
Motley Crue is the greatest and most notorious glam band ever:thumb: . aint knowone got **** on them:evil: , they are the "original bad boys of rock". they started from absolutely nothing, and rose to the very top. when they started there carnival of sins tour, it was like Motley Crue from back in the day(except for the age and drugs). no band: GNR, Hanoi Rocks, the Scorpions, Van Halen, etc; could do that:naughty: . If you doubt me, then read: the dirt, autobiography on Motley Crue, and you'll learn all the **** they've been through, and just why they are legendary:D .Uhh...so how much is the Crue payin ya to advertise here?

Glitterati
11-26-2005, 11:47 PM

I almost bought SWW a while ago, because I love "You Give Love A Bad Name."

blue3
11-27-2005, 09:55 PM
I found a bunch of hair metal albums in my dad's CD collection. One of them was Warrant's Dog Eat Dog. I really like it.

Jon
11-28-2005, 10:51 AM
I think it's perfectly awful tbqh. Generally words on a screen are a bad idea, but the video is just so fake.
Metallica - One

MotliestDude8
11-28-2005, 06:10 PM
Motley Crue Whitesnake Twisted Sister Poison Alice Cooper Ratt Bon Jovi Deff Leppard all rock the **** out of this world to bad wasnt alive to see them in there prime but hey one thing good about that wont have to here Gun's n Rose's(HATE THEM) except welcome to the jungle

blue3
11-28-2005, 10:55 PM
You suck. And why do you hate them so much?

Hehe, me too. It's one of those mid-90s efforts from glam bands trying to stay cool. The Bitter Pill and Machine Gun are among the band's best tunes.Machine Gun is awesome. I added the 'Cherry Pie' album to my Christmas list. Does anyone have that album?

Shout it Out
11-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Motley Crue Whitesnake Twisted Sister Poison Alice Cooper Ratt Bon Jovi Deff Leppard all rock the **** out of this world to bad wasnt alive to see them in there prime but hey one thing good about that wont have to here Gun's n Rose's(HATE THEM) except welcome to the jungleI have a feeling that this and hotter than hell are the same kid.

pohl_56
11-29-2005, 09:26 PM
Speaking of Bon Jovi: I had "Livin on a Prayer" stuck in my head for about 3 weeks but didnt know the song, except for chorus. Had to go buy a CD by em and now I am hooked. :)

mikk_mars
11-30-2005, 04:45 AM

Slave to the Grind. Monkey Buisness is the best song Skid Row EVER did.

Son of Northern Darkness
11-30-2005, 06:40 AM
Dokken anyone? Tyketto? RATT? What about the Scorpions or old Pantera like Power MEtal and Projects in the Jungle? 80's Pantera is my favorite Glam/Hair Metal! It's so Awesome!! Especially songs like Hard Ride and Pussy Tight (Where Dime does Vocals).... Dime really Shreds on those Albums....

Son of Northern Darkness
11-30-2005, 07:09 AM
80s Pantera were pretty bland, as far as I can tell.

NO WAYS!!! Have you listened to Power Metal? Hard Ride is DEFINATELY Not a Bland Song! No ways in hell!

Jon
11-30-2005, 01:44 PM
Dokken were awesome. But in that vein, give me Mr Big or Racer X over them any day.

And talking of vein, give me Vain over pretty much anyone apart from Hanoi and Cinderella...

MotliestDude8
11-30-2005, 05:08 PM
I have a feeling that this and hotter than hell are the same kid.

:lol: were in the hell would u get that idea?

MotliestDude8
11-30-2005, 05:13 PM
Motley Crue is the greatest and most notorious glam band ever:thumb: . aint knowone got **** on them:evil: , they are the "original bad boys of rock". they started from absolutely nothing, and rose to the very top. when they started there carnival of sins tour, it was like Motley Crue from back in the day(except for the age and drugs). no band: GNR, Hanoi Rocks, the Scorpions, Van Halen, etc; could do that:naughty: . If you doubt me, then read: the dirt, autobiography on Motley Crue, and you'll learn all the **** they've been through, and just why they are legendary:D .

Hell ya man Motley Crue kicks *** best band there is ive read the dirt and i agree 100% they came whent from nothing but the crue house to being the best band there has ever been

AngusRocks85
11-30-2005, 05:14 PM
Def Leppard pwns
'nuff said

blue3
11-30-2005, 10:16 PM
I like Def Leppard.

Yeah, but Dirty Stinkin' Filthy Rich is better. Jani tried to be semi-serious on the album and it didn't really work. It has the classics though, Cherry Pie and Uncle Tom's Cabin. :cool:Alright then.

I remember seeing Jani Lane on this show called Celebrity Fit Club 2. It was funny.

MotliestDude8
12-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Hey dudes Def Leppard pretty f'in good

Jon
12-02-2005, 08:24 AM
Ugh, I have to choose between the (London) Quireboys and Zodiac Mindwarp tonight =(

PRIIIIIIIIMEE....PRIIMMEEMOOVVERRRR

Jon
12-02-2005, 08:25 AM
http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418352

blue3
12-04-2005, 09:39 PM
My dad got me a Cinderella DVD today. I was hoping to exchange it or something, but he opened the DVD and is watching it right now. I don't like it.

Shout it Out
12-05-2005, 11:15 AM
My dad got me a Cinderella DVD today. I was hoping to exchange it or something, but he opened the DVD and is watching it right now. I don't like it.Give it to me. :thumb:

blue3
12-05-2005, 06:26 PM
Well, come to Canada and get it?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:pShut the fuck up! That song was stuck in my head all day and I kept saying it to random kids in the hallway.

Jon
12-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Cinderella are fucking awesome.

Shout it Out
12-08-2005, 09:35 PM
Speaking of Cinderella my friend was telling me about one of their videos(I think maybe Gypsy Road) where Cinderella sees some chicks walkin towards them, but it turns out that they walk right past Cinderella and straight to Bon Jovi :lol:

murray_lindsay
12-09-2005, 05:48 AM
i thought the whole scene was pretty bad honestly but i did read the dirt by motley crue. do you think the hair and glam scene will come back to the mainstream.. ie the darkness?

Jon
12-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Speaking of Cinderella my friend was telling me about one of their videos(I think maybe Gypsy Road) where Cinderella sees some chicks walkin towards them, but it turns out that they walk right past Cinderella and straight to Bon Jovi :lol:
Its the Night Songs movie, I'll upload that bit sometime.

blue3
12-09-2005, 03:21 PM
I don't think it'll come back. The Darkness are okay.

Jon
12-12-2005, 10:26 AM
hxxp://uploadhut.com/view.php/467827.wmv

Shout it Out
12-16-2005, 08:49 PM
hxxp://uploadhut.com/view.php/467827.wmvNothing came up. What is it?

Mr. M, Man of Muzak
12-16-2005, 09:25 PM
You have to change the xs to p*s
*t

.....character limit rule ftl

MetalOz
12-16-2005, 09:40 PM
hxxp://uploadhut.com/view.php/467827.wmv

The link appears to be dead, it just forwards to uploadhut.com main page :confused:

blue3
12-16-2005, 09:59 PM
Nothing came up. What is it?It was the video you were talking about. These girls walking past Cinderella and going to Bon Jovi..

I saw Sebastian Bach on 'Gilmore Girls' a few days ago. I never knew he was on that show.

BeaZ
12-16-2005, 10:07 PM
It was the video you were talking about. These girls walking past Cinderella and going to Bon Jovi..

I saw Sebastian Bach on 'Gilmore Girls' a few days ago. I never knew he was on that show.Yeah, I saw that too. I went to his site when I first got into Skid Row and found out about it and I asked my sister's and they said that he was probably the front man for one of the character's band.

Shout it Out
12-17-2005, 03:38 PM
It was the video you were talking about. These girls walking past Cinderella and going to Bon Jovi..Oh, well its alright. I think my friend Tivo'd it on Metal Maina. Man, what a great show that is...

I saw Sebastian Bach on 'Gilmore Girls' a few days ago. I never knew he was on that show.Bach=Gilmore Girl #3? :amaze:

I saw Andy McCoy on Viva la Bam the other day. I think him, Bam, and some other dude were just hanging out in an ice bar in Finland. What a life, huh?

Jon
12-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Neat, this thread is slower than Vince Neil's metabolism XD

More glam photos up if you care
http://blog.myspace.com/drugzrbad

Newest glam loves - Scarlet Rose, Crashdiet, Uniklubi

Glitterati
12-19-2005, 03:58 PM
http://blog.myspace.com/drugzrbad

You bastard :amaze: I want that New York Dolls shirt so badly.

Jon
12-19-2005, 04:05 PM
I swear it was the only Dolls shirt in the whole of Camden, and it was the most expensive one there too =( 17...

blue3
12-19-2005, 09:35 PM
Bach=Gilmore Girl #3? :amaze:Oh, of course. He was the guitarist I think.

Hollywood Rose
12-19-2005, 11:28 PM
I recently saw the Cinderella dvd at a store. I wonder if it's any good. . .

Glitterati
12-19-2005, 11:30 PM
My girlfriend bought me this (http://www.80stees.com/products/Skid-Row-knit-hat.asp) tasty accessory.

Hawt.

Hanoi Rocks are so awesome.

blue3
12-20-2005, 01:11 AM
Nice hat.

I recently saw the Cinderella dvd at a store. I wonder if it's any good. . .It isn't that good.. I'll give you my DVD.

Jon
12-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Hanoi Rocks are the best band ever.

Shout it Out
12-21-2005, 04:19 PM
http://blog.myspace.com/drugzrbadThat's a sweet ass guit.:thumb:

Everyone knows Motley Crue is the best band ever.

blue3
12-21-2005, 04:24 PM
No!

Guns N' Roses is the best band ever.

..to me, at least.

Glitterati
12-22-2005, 08:26 PM
Hanoi Rocks are the best band ever.

Yeah, who would have thought a band full of Finnish chicks would be so great?

/crickets

Jon
12-23-2005, 05:29 AM
I was showing my Dad All Those Wasted Years the other day so he could see Andy's sweet semi-hollowbody, and he was like "oh, so its an all girl band is it?"

Teeheehee, best compliment I got last night - "you look like the santa that would climb down Johnny Thunders' chimney"

Pics in a few days.

Jonney Blazes V1
12-23-2005, 06:39 AM
Isaw Alice Cooper and Twisted Sister live a few months ago..great show. It was kicka ss. Has anyone noticed how hot Alice's daughter is?

Aw3someman
12-23-2005, 09:34 AM
Don't you guys think Glam metal is a bit too theatrical?

Glitterati
12-23-2005, 05:02 PM
Don't you guys think Glam metal is a bit too theatrical?

That's the point. It's supposed to be campy and theatrical and....glammy.

Concering Alice Cooper: I didn't get good enough of a view of his daughter :( When I saw him on October, I was too far back. Fucking amazing show, still.

Glitterati
12-26-2005, 11:42 PM
Power metal is a bit too theatrical; glam metal is just kitschy and faggy enough.

Iron Maiden and Dream Theater make everything sound so complex and deep, whereas glam, i.e. Twisted Sister is supposed to sound sloppy and sleazy.

Glitterati
12-27-2005, 12:06 AM
I don't know if Dee Snider is uglier with or without the make-up.

blue3
12-27-2005, 09:22 PM
Put it this way: He's aged well.Unlike Axl.

Where did you get your Brides of Destruction CD? I can't seem to find it anywhere cause Canada stores suck. I didn't get anything glam rock related this Christmas, which really sucks.

Jon
12-28-2005, 07:06 AM
Photos from the Nothin' To Lose/Renegade Playboys/Skintight Jaguars gig on Thursday.

"Jonni, you look like the Santa that would fall down Johnny Thunders' chimney"
http://myspace-440.vo.llnwd.net/00384/04/46/384476440_l.jpg
http://myspace-421.vo.llnwd.net/00383/12/49/383789421_l.jpg
http://myspace-186.vo.llnwd.net/00384/68/15/384475186_l.jpg

Glitterati
12-29-2005, 06:42 PM
I learned the other day that At The Drive-In got their name from the Poison song "Talk Dirty To Me." I love that song.

IbanezSamurai
12-29-2005, 08:43 PM
I learned the other day that At The Drive-In got their name from the Poison song "Talk Dirty To Me." I love that song.

Too bad Mr. Deville's guitar was out of tune when they recorded it.

blue3
12-29-2005, 08:59 PM
I'm forced to listen to Poison a lot since my parents are big fans. It's really annoying. And I've never heard anything by At The Drive-In.. are they good?

www.yourmusic.com, apparently.

I just bought Bangkok Shocks, Saigon Shakes, Hanoi Rocks, which is fun. I also saw a Cinderella DVD and laughed. Laughed hard.Haha. Which Cinderella DVD was it?

Nevermind, I don't really care. I've only heard Tragedy from that Hanoi Rocks album.. It's a good song.

Glitterati
12-29-2005, 09:56 PM
And I've never heard anything by At The Drive-In.. are they good?

Yes! Hardcore-ish indie band from Texas that was around in the late '90s. Most members can now be found in The Mars Volta.

blue3
12-30-2005, 05:19 PM
Yes! Hardcore-ish indie band from Texas that was around in the late '90s. Most members can now be found in The Mars Volta.Okay cool. I'll check them out.. sometime.

Jon
12-31-2005, 05:00 AM
Poison Greatest Hits is one of my favourite albums.

Ladyshredder126
01-01-2006, 03:00 PM
the first poison song i heard was every rose has its thron and i absolutely hated them for the longest time. dont worry :) when i heard fallen angel i became a convert. lol i always make fun of talk dirty to me- worst solo ever. but i love 'em. i love their guitar sound- say it sounds like every other glam band but who cares then they all sound great. could someone please tell me what effect that is- flanger, chorus, etc?

p.s. cc's hair is sexy :naughty:

Ladyshredder126
01-01-2006, 06:54 PM
I once knew a guy who shredded ladies.

i'm a girl.

Ladyshredder126
01-03-2006, 11:09 AM
fussy? wtf? :confused:

Glitterati
01-03-2006, 06:25 PM
He wasn't fussy.

I'm pretty sure I understand this post.

6stringed
01-05-2006, 01:15 PM
Unlike Axl.

Where did you get your Brides of Destruction CD? I can't seem to find it anywhere cause Canada stores suck. I didn't get anything glam rock related this Christmas, which really sucks.

I no, Axl looks pretty nasty now. Botox? What was he thinking! stupid, stupid boy....

I didnt get any glam rock cds or cds at all.

Motley Crue rules, Def Leppard Rules, KISS Rules, alot of them do..

Shout it Out
01-18-2006, 11:04 AM
Me and my friend are in the new Brides video for "White Trash." Got a copy of it the other day. The song is pretty good too.

Shout it Out
01-18-2006, 11:25 AM
We're the guys sliding down the hill on a sled w/ fake mustaches. There's another clip of me near the end swinging on a rope. Not a bad way to kill an afternoon.

Shout it Out
01-18-2006, 11:43 AM
No, I just talked with the director over email. We just sent in a tape of us being dumbasses and they edited em in. They didn't film us or anything.

blue3
01-18-2006, 11:10 PM
Ha. That's awesome! Where can you see their videos?

Shout it Out
01-19-2006, 02:23 PM
They show em on headbangers ball once in a while

Overdrive666
01-20-2006, 02:23 PM
I no, Axl looks pretty nasty now. Botox? What was he thinking! stupid, stupid boy....

I didnt get any glam rock cds or cds at all.

Motley Crue rules, Def Leppard Rules, KISS Rules, alot of them do..

HAHAHAHAHA ::innhales:: AAAAAAHAHAHHAH botox? oh man,::inhales:: true!what WAS he thinking? (silent laugh fit fit) my broke self hasnt even gotten motley crue's most recent cd YET. are they still as wild as before?

Jon
01-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Dave dave dave dave dave dave dave

*cries*

Overdrive666
01-20-2006, 03:04 PM
oh man. major loss. the few left standing in glam's light have grown fewer...::takes off hat:: i propose a moment of silence.

blue3
01-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Wow, that sucks.. R.I.P.

Ladyshredder126
01-23-2006, 06:39 PM
:( :upset:

Glitterati
01-23-2006, 06:44 PM
R.I.P.

On a slightly lighter note, anyone like Poison? They were pretty sweet.

On The Edge
01-23-2006, 07:42 PM
I like some songs, haven't really heard much. Some reccomendations?

Every rose has a thorn is awesome though.

What Crue album should I get after Too fast for love? Shout at the Devil?

Glitterati
01-23-2006, 07:59 PM

What Crue album should I get after Too fast for love? Shout at the Devil?

Talk Dirty To Me. Great song.

blue3
01-23-2006, 08:39 PM

What Crue album should I get after Too fast for love? Shout at the Devil?Yeah, Shout at the devil is good.

Jon
01-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Fallen Angel and Look What The Cat Dragged in are the best Poison songs in my very unvalued opion =D

And yeah, Shout after Fast.

KurtCobain2902
01-24-2006, 03:23 PM
I like Poison, Twisted Sister, Skid row, that's about it.

KurtCobain2902
01-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Fallen Angel and Look What The Cat Dragged in are the best Poison songs in my very unvalued opion =D

And yeah, Shout after Fast.

I love the solo in Life Goes On. I also like Stand, Something to Believe In, So Tell me Why, Cry Tough, and of course Every Rose has its Thorn.

blue3
01-24-2006, 03:35 PM
Skid Row is awesome.

Jon
01-24-2006, 04:04 PM
Tryx were awesome.

Jon
01-28-2006, 06:51 AM
Thunder on Saturday.

For free.

blue3
01-28-2006, 02:16 PM
Have fun. Why's it free? Aerosmith's coming to Edmonton in April.

For 100 dollars.

blue3
01-28-2006, 03:10 PM
Haha, oic.

Jon
01-30-2006, 11:05 AM
Its free because my friend got two tickets for his birthday and there aren't any other 15 year olds who listen to glam. So I managed to talk him into giving me a ticket.

n00bguitarist
01-30-2006, 11:11 AM
T. Rex is my favorite glam rock band. David Bowie is pretty kickass, too.

Overdrive666
01-30-2006, 01:15 PM
motley crue, kiss, warrant, etc. it was the musical attitude that hooked me. wild solos, intense but flowing riffs, pure awesomeness.

Glitterati
01-30-2006, 08:57 PM
T. Rex is my favorite glam rock band. David Bowie is pretty kickass, too.

I've been meaning to get more stuff by T. Rex, I've only heard Bang A Gong, which is still an awesome song.

And Bowie rules.

Jon
01-31-2006, 02:09 PM
http://myspace-119.vo.llnwd.net/00466/91/15/466055119_m.jpg

When people say that I look like Johnny Thunders in that photo I cry, because
http://www.newyorkdollsonline.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/johnnywty.jpg
:ugly:

But maybe they're comparing me to, like, this photo :D
http://www.newyorkdollsonline.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/recla_johnny6.jpg

Shout it Out
01-31-2006, 06:35 PM
Either way...you're still being compared to Johnny Thunders, so its all good.

Jon
02-06-2006, 03:06 PM
Ahah, I knew so little about glam a year ago (look at the first few pages)

Shout it Out
02-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Ive learned 90% of what I know today from forums.

Jon
02-07-2006, 11:21 AM
I've learned all of what I know from going out and schmoozing and partying, apart from everything about Butch Walker who is all anyone talks about in this thread anyway :eng101:

Shout it Out
02-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Who's looking forward to Poison's 20th annniversary tour? I'm making plans for it in advance; I learned my lesson cuz Cinderella is comin to town the same day this week that I leave for some camping thing. :mad: AAARRRRGGGGG!!!!!

So hopefully Poison makes up for it.

Glitterati
02-12-2006, 08:28 PM
It's called Get It On right

omg ur right

I downloaded Electric Warrior last night, what an awesome album.

Jon
03-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Poison and Cinders, hell yeah.

Twisted Sister and HANOI ROCKS though =D

I've decided that Dangerous Toys s/t is amongst the worst albums I've ever heard...

Oh, saw Nothin' To Lose blow the Stereo Junks offstage on monday...

Jon
03-28-2006, 01:53 PM
Stephen Pearcy & Beautiful Creatures tour is cancelled =(

Shame, (Shame, Shame)... I was going to go to all the dates (Red Star Rebels were supporting).

Past few weeks -
Group sex in small hotel rooms
Stealing crates of beer from unattended bars
Doing speed off the table in my favourite club/in the street outside afterwards
Parties and parties and parties
Huge amounts of respect from seemingly elitist, HOT finnish chicks, because I knew who Pelle Miljoona are/were
Hairspray
Eyeliner

Anyone seen The Real McCoy or anything? My friend has pretty much every Hanoi video. Stuff from Finnish daytime TV. Andy and Mike doing Lightning Bar Blues (I think it was?) on the Finnish equivalent of CD:UK. Taxi Driver on a kids breakfast show, full of swearing in English (wasn't bleeped out because the censors didn't translate it and therefore figure out saying "I'm a fuckin' Taxi Driivvverrr, I'll fuck you anyway you want me to" was innappropriate for the 6-11 market). Andy on their version of Ready Steady Cook.

Insane stuff.

musicforlife
03-28-2006, 08:51 PM
Twisted Sister are hair metal gods, to bad I can't find Stay Hungry anywhere in my musically deprived town.

Glitterati
03-28-2006, 09:44 PM
Twisted Sister are awesome :-D

Hollywood Rose
03-28-2006, 10:52 PM
Dokken ftw

Jon
03-29-2006, 10:41 AM
I have VIP for Twisted Sister & Hanoi at the Hammersmith Apollo.

I'm going to leave after Hanoi.

Invicta_Veritas
03-29-2006, 10:42 AM
Skid Row owns......

That's all I got for now......

Jon
03-29-2006, 10:52 AM
I take that back.

I shall leave the general listening area after Hanoi, I'm fucking hanging out with fucking Andy McfuckingCoy for fucks sake.

And if I can share a bag of speed with Mike, my life would be pretty much complete.

Shout it Out
03-29-2006, 11:24 AM
TS is playing with them? Wow. Thats a rare gig for sure.

Glitterati
03-29-2006, 07:03 PM
A rare gig indeed.

Anyone like Mott The Hoople? I've been listening to the All The Young Dudes album a lot, they weren't around for long, but they were awesome '70s glam rock.

musicforlife
03-29-2006, 09:01 PM
Anyone know of a place where I can get a hard copy of Stay Hungry?

Jon
03-31-2006, 10:38 AM
The shop?

Shout it Out
03-31-2006, 11:35 AM
Ebay?

I dunno I just walked in the local shop a picked up one for a friend. All luck of the draw I guess.

Jon
04-10-2006, 10:33 AM
Ahah, little clip of Seb Hunter speaking. He actually speaks like he's from Winchester, its great. Posh wanker. Didn't deserve glam anyway. Makes you feel a lot better about the ending of Hell Bent For Leather

http://www.meettheauthor.co.uk/asp/playwm.asp?ISBN=1077&BW=hb

(they added the link at the bottom of http://www.markprindle.com/hanoi.htm)

ITP I've discovered that Beating Gets Faster is infact the best Hanoi song ever. Better than Devil Woman, Motorvatin, Cheyenne and 11th Street Kids tied together with a sparkly scarf.

Its absolutely flawless. (Track 8 on Back to Mystery City)

Jon
04-10-2006, 03:53 PM
They're both absolutely subliminal, I have to say.

"5150"
05-25-2006, 04:38 AM
Well, with the Hanoi Rocks UK tour coming up, I was wondering who's off to see them, apart from me? :)

Tour dates are available here (http://www.hanoirocks.com/) (sorry for no direct link to the tour page - it's not possible with the way the site is structured).

Luckily for me, they're playing at the Waterfront in Norwich, so I don't have to travel far, and tickets are only 15! Bargin i'd say!

Jon
05-27-2006, 09:14 AM
The Huddersfield gig on my birthday, and possibly the Hammersmith gig if my friend can get me VIP

Posting for WARRANT YEAH PUNK HELL YEAH NEW FOUND GLORY UH WHAT?
hxxp://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=1710667603A887FE

Jon
05-27-2006, 09:33 AM
just listen to the song

And come to the Hanoi gig in Huddersfield on Friday innit

Jon
09-29-2006, 07:15 AM
Several things have come to my attention, in order of priority.

1) I MET THE FUCKING NEW YORK DOLLS LAST NIGHT. watch the jonathan ross show tonight.

2) The Hanoi gig was fucking amazing, better than Motley Crue (which is the benchmark). I got banned from Holmfirth and the surrounding villages for writing 'punx never die' on the walls.

3) No Respect is pissing me off more than ever. Don't get me wrong, I love the album, its by far my favourite Hair Metal album, but you'd have thought that Davy and co would have written 12 songs rather than one song and 12 sets of lyrics =/

4) No one has posted here for a-jizz. Correct that. SUPERBUMP.

5) Stuff.

blue3
09-29-2006, 08:30 AM
haha, you got caught writing that?

YAY HAIR METAL.

I have so many pointless posts.

Apocalyptic Raids
09-29-2006, 10:32 AM
Hanoi Rocks ftw amirite

Jon
09-29-2006, 11:06 AM
urrite.

I didn't get caught writing it - about a week later, my friend who paid for the hotel by credit card got a phone call saying they have CCTV footage of me.

lol.

Jon
10-06-2006, 02:48 PM
1) Hah
2) I'm liek s000 hXc
3) Doesn't stop it from being a great album, its just a one-song album.

blue3
10-19-2006, 08:55 PM
Aerosmith & Motley Crue, December 11th. Level one, row one, overpriced tickets, fuck yeah!

They better not cancel again.. :(

Apocalyptic Raids
10-20-2006, 01:52 AM
Sweet.

blue3
10-20-2006, 11:45 PM
Sweet?! It's beyond sweet. This is the concert of my life! ..I actually say that for every show I go to, so it means nothing.. but still. It's gonna be a good concert if they show up.

Apocalyptic Raids
10-20-2006, 11:46 PM
come on GNR would obviously be the concert of your life

or silverchair.

yeah I'm still pissed I didn't see Motley and Motorhead last year.

blue3
10-20-2006, 11:57 PM
New GNR - not so much. I'm seeing them 5 days before the Aerosmith concert.

Silverchair - <3 I'd probably steal Daniel Johns and.. stuff.

Why didn't you go? No money again?

Apocalyptic Raids
10-21-2006, 12:01 AM
Why didn't you go? No money again?
Well I wasn't really into Motley much back then, and yeah, it was expensive.

Silverchair - <3 I'd probably steal Daniel Johns and.. stuff.
They're playing here on New Years Eve, at a really small club.

blue3
10-21-2006, 12:55 AM
Okay, I'm there!! Do you know if they're playing any other shows, that's kind of in the same continent?

Apocalyptic Raids
10-21-2006, 02:58 AM
It could just be a one off, since it's their hometown and stuff.

6stringed
10-22-2006, 03:14 PM
I'm so excited for Aerosmith and Motley Crue comin!
The new G'n'R (I.M.O.) blows dogs for quarters

blue3
10-22-2006, 05:11 PM
Disco blows dogs for quarters man!

It could just be a one off, since it's their hometown and stuff.Damn Silverchair..

6stringed
10-23-2006, 08:45 PM
ha Detroit Rock City rules, Hey
Family Jewels is on tonight ha

Jon
11-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Obviously due to the life of excess I lead I don't have a long term memory, but some points from the last week.

1) Vain were SHIT, I have lost my faith in hair metal. I haven't really listened to it since before the summer, but this was the final nailz in the koffinn [sic]
Red Star Rebels were alright; I've seen them so many times that I've become really critical of them to the tiniest detail. They were just really tired I think.

2) TOWERS OF LONDON WERE AMAZINGGGG (as usual, go see them). My band should be touring with them in January, I shall update yous.

3) BACKYARD BABIES WERE AMAAZINGGGG. I've never been a huge fan but they were great.

4) Back of my jacket:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/jondz3003/IMGP0058.jpg

5) Really awful photo of me (right), David Jo and Syl Syl.
http://myspace-268.vo.llnwd.net/01484/86/29/1484719268_l.jpg
It was so bad that I had to cover my face innit

Jon
11-27-2006, 12:44 PM
1) If I owned No Respect I'd burn it. I might just delete it.
2) THEY ARE AMAZING. but they've shot themself in the foot with the series, they lose all credibility. paves the way for another sick glampunk band *cough*
3) yeah
4) innit
5) I never look 12 =/

thats a crap photo

favourite recent one
http://myspace-984.vo.llnwd.net/01448/48/90/1448960984_l.jpg

Jon
05-06-2007, 04:27 AM
lol I've recently missed Tuff & Pretty Boy Floyd (on one night, apparently it was awful, damn overpriced Metalsludge concerts...) and FP (can't remember which one, think it was Pie-me's version).

sort of getting back into hair metal just a little bit, but only the better stuff.

Jon
06-08-2007, 06:17 AM
Motley Crue and Papa Roach on Monday :)

I can't believe the difference in venues though.

Last time I saw them was at the NEC, now the Hammersmith Apollo? Since 2005 they've become so much more popular, weird.

Slapping Penguin
06-08-2007, 06:27 AM
Dr Feelgood lol,

and

Shoutttt AT the DEVILLLL!

Phil
06-08-2007, 06:37 AM
I was wondering if Motley Crues Dr Feelgood is any good?

Jon
06-08-2007, 06:49 AM
Its not my favourite album by them but yeah its decent. It didn't go platinum however many times over because people hate it.

But for Crue I prefer the original issue of Too Fast For Love, Shout At The Devil, and Generation Swine.

Phil
06-08-2007, 07:52 AM
Oh, Dr Feelgood is really cheap at the moment thats the reason why I was wondering. I may get one of those albums as well.

Apocalyptic Raids
06-08-2007, 08:45 AM
The songs I've heard from Dr. Feelgood are awesome but from what I gather the whole album isn't quite up to scratch.

metalhead17
06-08-2007, 09:39 AM
Def leppard is alright,and twisted sister had there moments.But overall hair metal sucks.

Jon
06-08-2007, 02:52 PM
the filler on feelgood is better than the filler on girls and theater...

crue on mondayyyyyyyyyyy

I forgot to mention, standing.

I was standing last time when everyone else got seating, bahaha.

so excited.

i mean, it was the best gig I've ever seen apart from Hanoi, maybe even better than Hanoi.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Blashyrkh
06-08-2007, 11:41 PM
Queen was glam. They were the start of glam. They just didn't originate on the Sunset strip.

Tyler
06-08-2007, 11:54 PM
dude their singer had aids that automatically makes them glam

Blashyrkh
06-08-2007, 11:55 PM
Leave him alone cocaine! Fred is possibly one of the best vocalist of our time.

Tyler
06-08-2007, 11:56 PM
he still had aids. that's not like an insult, he also had a moustache.

Blashyrkh
06-08-2007, 11:58 PM
Leave the mustache alone! He needed it to cover up the horrible teeth!

Tyler
06-08-2007, 11:58 PM
I have a moustache and I'm pretty glam.

Jacaranda
06-09-2007, 12:42 AM
shout is my favorite motley crue album. Red Hot to the end of the album is just perfect.

Apocalyptic Raids
06-09-2007, 12:45 AM
Shout is also my favourite.

Jon
06-09-2007, 05:40 AM
just for reference if you have facial hair you automatically can't be glam.

also red hot is up there with my favourite crue tracks.

doesn't beat on with the show or louder than hell, but yeah

Blashyrkh
06-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Kickstart my Heart

Jon
06-12-2007, 08:34 AM
oh my god they were great.

so were papa roach, I forgot how much I missed that band

got absolutely blind drunk before/during/after, still drunk I think *shrug*

2005 was a better circus obviously, last night was pretty great though.

I think Tommy's drum tech was playing drums, I'm not sure exactly what was happening but Tommy came out for singalongs every few songs iirc

Jon
06-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Neither for Birmingham, Killing Joke were awfuuuullll

That's one thing I HATE more than anything at 'big' gigs - the support bands are, without fail, shit. So you're standing at the front row wishing you could be at the bar (I actually managed to fight my way to the bar and back between Crue sets last night, first time I've dared to leave my place) or sitting down, and its this awful band that no one cares about. Then they take hours to set up for the headliner and its badtimes.

Last night it was one of my all time favourite bands supporting, and the sets changed over really quickly :)

It finished bare early actually, like 10-10.30 or something

Jon
06-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Just them two

Jon
06-19-2007, 05:24 PM
oh god I'm so back into RATT. and Dokken.

and a few others.

Mmmm RATT...

You ever get that sort of circular thing? LOVE something. HATE it, like can't bear to have it spoken about, slag it off at every oppurtunity. then get back into it? I've had that with just about every kind of music I've into, which is sort of unfortunate because in the past week I've listened to Danger Danger, Testament, D12, a load of cheesy 2000 trance, etc etc.

weird.

I miss liking hair metal :)

ATM
06-19-2007, 05:50 PM
I bought a Danger Danger tape the other day based on this album cover:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/42/Screwit%21.jpg

Jon
06-19-2007, 05:59 PM
the only Danger Danger song I know vaguely well is Bang Bang.

probably heard others.

its an awesome cover though :)

ATM
06-19-2007, 06:00 PM
Yea, they actually had a ton of glam tapes for a quarter each.

Jacaranda
10-23-2007, 04:29 PM
more crue talk less fag talk plz

Jacaranda
10-23-2007, 04:40 PM
ah thats a start. I've been reading Fargo Rock City by Chuck Klosterman so i've been listening to some crue and such.

Jacaranda
10-23-2007, 04:45 PM
in sex drugs and coco i think he comes to missoula and some girl trys to buy weed off him.

except in the book he says he was stuck on the first side of shout at the devil for like three months before he got to the second. he was on the wrong side for sure.

Tyler
10-23-2007, 04:46 PM
Fargo Rock City is the only one of his books I took a while to finish. He's definitely my favourite music based writer.