PDA

View Full Version : Fender Mark Hoppus Sig Bass \ Behringer Ultrabass BX1200

filthyriffs
04-15-2005, 07:08 PM
Fender - Mark Hoppus Signature Bass Guitar ($559.99)

Well before you all start saying how much this bass sucks, it really doesn't. You just need to like the sound it produces, what you hear is what you get with this bass, it has to tonal versatility whatsoever. Which isn't a problem for those who think it sounds fine the way it is, like me. It comes loaded with a Seymour Duncan Basslines Quarter Pound Pickup, which gives a nice mellow tone. It has a Fender P-Bass neck, which makes for easy moving around. It has a body of a Jazz Bass, which comes in 4 different colors. I forgot what kind of strings it comes with, but they were nice as well.

On April 1st, 2005 I got this bass in all black. A black alder body with a funky looking black perloid pickguard. It has such an awesome tone for punk music, and pretty much everything else - I don't see why people don't like it. I play all sorts of music with it, Blink-182, Nirvana, Metallica, Classic Rock.. it is just fine and dandy in every single way. I wish they would have made this bass in the hot pink color that Mark uses on stage, but they don't sell those. They make a crappy pink color called Shell, which is a lighter, somewhat ugly color. So far, I have no complaints about this bass. I love it so much, and if anything happened to it I would literally cry. Get this bass if your looking for a nice, mellow tone. I think its great for any type of music at all, but some people seem to very much disagree. I reccomend this bass to anyone at all, because it is all around great.

Behringer Ultrabass BX1200 Bass Guitar Workstation ($199.99)

Loaded w/ 120 watts of raw power, this thing rips. It is built very well, with alot of features. The Ultrabass feature is awesome, makes an amazingly deep tone, along with the kickass Seymour pickup in the bass above, it totally kills. I use this amp for gigs sometimes, and it is great. People see it and say man, how come everyone else has a stack and that all you got? I just tell them its all I need, and boy is it. This this is nice, and can go VERY loud. It is a pain in the *** to transport, but not when you have someone helping you. The wire from the amp to the outlet is very short, so I need about five 10-foot extension cords to gig w/ it. I plan on getting the BX3000T head soon, with the BA115 cab. I think it is going to be absolutely great, and ear bleeding loud. I just wish it would have an XLR mic input, because I have to use an adapter with my XLR mic and run it through the second instrument input - causing it to lose some clarity. I also dislike using two things through one amp. I usually use my Roland Cube15 for my mic, its plenty loud enough. This Combo Amp is awesome, and its great for studio recordings.

In all, I reccomend both, very highly. They both kickass, and combined they kick even more ***. They aren't even too pricey.. so go for it. I love them both, and I would not exchange them for anything. I am very happy with my purchase, and you will be too!

Fossil
04-18-2005, 06:58 PM
People don't like the Hoppus bass b/c its $560. Sure it might have a decent sound, but for the same price you can get such a ridiculously better bass.

sprodigy
04-19-2005, 01:43 AM
I was looking at the Behringer ultrabass series for a while now...but just assumed they were crap because of the name.

You've given me a little interest in them now though, because I'm in the market for a decent gig worthy amp that isn't a rape on the pockets.

fallen angel2121
04-24-2005, 02:40 AM
I was looking at the Behringer ultrabass series for a while now...but just assumed they were crap because of the name.

You've given me a little interest in them now though, because I'm in the market for a decent gig worthy amp that isn't a rape on the pockets.

Also own the amp, and I'd urge you to stop before you buy it as a giggable amp. Its a well good amp, but it simply won't do for gigs. Small ones it might just handle, but as soon as you want to go any bigger then you'll need something else as it just won't go high and clarified enough at the same time. If you're gigging somewhere with a well good PA then thats OK 'cos of the preamp out/DI out, but if you want to gig with this alone I'd reccomend the 300W head or the new 180 watt version which is coming out at some point in the near future.

Fallen Angel

MrSigma
04-24-2005, 08:39 PM
My friend has that bass, I don't care for it. I like my 210$ Ibanez GSR 200 better.

MrSigma
04-24-2005, 08:40 PM
My friend later converted the Hoppus to some other bass by putting in new pickups. The Hoppus is a waste of money in my opinion.

basshole
05-05-2005, 09:05 PM
You said you got it on April 1st, and people say it is ****, so you had an April fools joke played on you. I know...I know... I am not making any sense. Thank you.

edgebass5
05-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Get this bass if your looking for a nice, mellow tone

Mellow? :confused:

The Hoppus bass comes equipped with an SD Quarter Pound pickup, which is wound for a bit of extra brightness. Also, due to the lack of a tone control, you get even more treble coming through then a bass with a tone control rolled completely on (which in all truth is actually off). I owned a Hoppus bass for a while, and mellow is not a word I would use to describe its tone, not by a long shot. Lots of midrange, lots of treble is how I would describe it. Cool sound, but that's all you get, and IMO, it ain't mellow.

Deacy
05-11-2005, 12:11 PM
Your Hoppus looks MUCH better now Edge :thumb:

btw what make was the pickup you put in it?

edgebass5
05-11-2005, 02:50 PM
Your Hoppus looks MUCH better now Edge :thumb:

btw what make was the pickup you put in it?

Well..... It DID look much better, but believe it or not.... That bass has died. The pickup I had in it was a Seymour Duncan SMB-4DS.

Deacy
05-12-2005, 01:25 PM
well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be

edgebass5
05-12-2005, 01:28 PM
well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be

So it goes.... Oh, and when I say it died.... it really died. Its too horrific to even speak about it.

Deacy
05-12-2005, 01:35 PM
Maybe it didn't like the added versatility

Jamie
05-14-2005, 07:09 AM
It died, then he dropped it down some stairs and it landed on concrete, basically cracking the body, so he threw the body away and (hopefully) kept the rest of the parts!

Deacy
05-19-2005, 11:49 AM
It died, then he dropped it down some stairs and it landed on concrete, basically cracking the body, so he threw the body away and (hopefully) kept the rest of the parts!

:amaze: ouch...

yourethecarrot
07-04-2005, 04:01 AM
Is the ultrabass BX600 just as good? (if you know). I want the BX1200 but probably won't be able to due to lack of funds. Any feedback appreciated

Naveed Afzal
07-05-2005, 08:08 AM

I remember that post, i always callled it the frankenstiener

Phalanx
07-08-2005, 05:55 PM
I think the moral to the story is Mark Hoppus sucks

Tim_Tabasco
07-09-2005, 05:01 AM
i also own bx1200 - i paid 315eu - and i think its worth it - its just a _little_ too weak - im drowning in drums & guitars... but with the di output on the back its ideally for gigs as monitor to plug in PA... but the speaker isnt best for very low freq... so using ultrabass below g/d string makes no difference (except some crackling/distortion)

but definatelly worth the money - and dont listen to the ppl that say its unreliable and dies very fast - i got it at 90% gain & max volume most of the time and always getting to its limits - works still perfect after a year...

few weeks ago when we were packing for a gig it started to rain like hell - even the water didnt kill it ^^

Skillet42565
07-10-2005, 12:32 PM
If you want a GREAT gig worthy amp, check out a Carvin 160 watt 15 inch combo, it RIPS.

nicatterberry
07-11-2005, 03:11 PM

I don't think that has any relevance to the thread at all. The bass works for his music, and many others.

Locks
07-20-2005, 08:11 AM
At my last gig I used a friends Behringer stack - 3000T head, V-AMP Pro FX, 115 and 210 cabinets with aluminium drivers (I did ask why he got a 210 instead of a 410, to which he replied "Its alright for tall bastards like you, but I wouldn't be able to reach the ****ing head"). Easily the best amp I've ever used, twinned with my distinguished ultra low **** with everyones heads tone that Behringer set up managed to drown a Mesa Boogie guitar stack AND a Marshall. The best part is the price tag - all that wholesome low end for just under 600!!! (Don't ask me what that is in American).

Drop_D'd
07-20-2005, 04:12 PM
Yup. I could tell it'd be a decent amp. I have the BX3000T head, and BB115 cab. I'll probably get the BA210 next. Might go for paper cones though. Dunno. And I'll eventually get the V-AMP Pro Bass FX.

Blink182s_backup_guitarist
07-30-2005, 07:14 AM
My friend has that bass, I don't care for it. I like my 210$ Ibanez GSR 200 better.
i stil like my esp ltd anniversary edition...a bit expensive at $999 but a ****ing awesome bass!! :thumb:

racistbassist
07-30-2005, 01:27 PM
I had saved 500 bucks for that **** bass and the only color i would hav bought it in is shell pink and now fender says its "out of production'.

.........................god **** you fender

Akira
07-30-2005, 05:49 PM
Good, saved you from buying a bass you don't want.

nicatterberry
07-30-2005, 06:44 PM
Good, saved you from buying a bass you don't want.

The funny part is, he did want it. Let him buy it if he wants it.

myles
07-30-2005, 08:02 PM
its a waste of cash

twopelu
09-29-2005, 02:04 PM
Behringer = ****

I had a behringer, I sold the behringer, I have a hartke, I wont sell it. For just some more bucks you get a incredibly better tone and realiability.

Tim_Tabasco
09-30-2005, 10:49 AM
i stil like my esp ltd anniversary edition...a bit expensive at $999 but a ****ing awesome bass!! :thumb:

kinda OT but pls write a review about it :D
(with as many pics as possible) :D
might get one too...

sixxbassist90
10-05-2005, 04:47 PM
$560 is way too much for that hoppus sig. i could get so many better basses for the price.

pitchfork
10-14-2005, 10:50 AM
i don't know if this has already been posted but:
4x10 is 4 ohms
1x15 and 2x10 are 8 ohms
I downloaded the manuals when i was thinking of buying the stack.

bassist_for_a_band
10-15-2005, 10:16 PM
I think the moral of the story is yuou should shut your ****ing mouth.

Mr. Pickle
10-15-2005, 11:20 PM
I think the moral of the story is yuou should shut your ****ing mouth.

wow, ur pretty defensive about him.

just curious, this applies to any hoppus fanboys. i'm just curious what you guys like about him (i'm not saying he sucks or anything i just wanna know what everyone likes about him, though i honestly don't like him)

YDload
10-16-2005, 01:51 AM
I like how the reviewer says the Hoppus is good for all styles of music, but he only tried it out on the four most basic bands/styles that any teenage musician would ever consider at the outset: Nirvana, Blink-182, Metallica, and classic rock.

What about funk? Or real punk? Jazz? How about a good hip-hop bassline? It would be nice to hear a review from someone who actually has a diverse taste in the kind of music they play, even if just for pratice.

bassist_for_a_band
10-16-2005, 08:00 PM

just curious, this applies to any hoppus fanboys. i'm just curious what you guys like about him (i'm not saying he sucks or anything i just wanna know what everyone likes about him, though i honestly don't like him)
because hes sweet. have you ever heard carousel? even his solo at the end of voyeur. hes got some sweet stuff on bass, and i love the sound he has in it too. hes a great vocalist, and the whole band is just orgasmic

and, im tired of people saying hoppus and blink suck. most of them dont like blink, and dont even like punk. so why would they even listen to blink? i dont care if you dont like it, i dont need to hear all your crap about how you think they suck.

YDload
10-16-2005, 08:33 PM
and, im tired of people saying hoppus and blink suck. most of them dont like blink, and dont even like punk. so why would they even listen to blink? i dont care if you dont like it, i dont need to hear all your crap about how you think they suck.

Exactly: people who like punk don't listen to Blink, because they're not a punk band. They're not even pop-punk... at this point they're just pop.

doodooking
10-16-2005, 09:25 PM
Exactly: people who like punk don't listen to Blink, because they're not a punk band. They're not even pop-punk... at this point they're just pop.

i concur, i listen to punk and i dont like them, mostly because their music is mostly the same as other bands, just slower and simplified. i usually dont participate in hoppus bashing, and im not now, im just stating why some people might not like their music

Mr. Pickle
10-16-2005, 09:51 PM
because hes sweet. have you ever heard carousel?

yes :lol: i heard he didnt even write that line and to be honest, i dont even think its very cool

bassist_for_a_band
10-17-2005, 07:28 PM
ya know i shouldnt have gotten mad, and its not even a big deal, but i do wish guys would quit sayin crap. i mean theres a lot of stuff i dont like but whether or not it sucks, i dont bash it.

Mr. Pickle
10-17-2005, 11:43 PM
well my friend, it's people expressing their opinions... all you can do is ignore it and/or just accept that u cant do anything about it.

s&p
11-04-2005, 12:05 PM
I like how the reviewer says the Hoppus is good for all styles of music, but he only tried it out on the four most basic bands/styles that any teenage musician would ever consider at the outset: Nirvana, Blink-182, Metallica, and classic rock.

What about funk? Or real punk? Jazz? How about a good hip-hop bassline? It would be nice to hear a review from someone who actually has a diverse taste in the kind of music they play, even if just for pratice.

Finally a reply I can work with! I'm kinda wondering wherther or not I should buy the Hoppus sig. Why? I'm a P-bass and Jazz bass fan and I love the thought of a precision neck and pickup on a jazz bass body. It could use a tone-knob (I agree). An I also agree with YDload to see if it would be good for funk or jazz or blues or well as the the guy said all styles of music. Music more to my liking (don't get me wrong I sometimes do listen Blink, but I don't worship them or anything). Btw hi first post:p

mfb
11-04-2005, 03:05 PM
I don't think that has any relevance to the thread at all. The bass works for his music, and many others.
it was a joke. though i do believe that hoppus does suck and so does phalanx but he was saying it to be funny.

mfb
11-04-2005, 03:10 PM
Finally a reply I can work with! I'm kinda wondering wherther or not I should buy the Hoppus sig. Why? I'm a P-bass and Jazz bass fan and I love the thought of a precision neck and pickup on a jazz bass body. It could use a tone-knob (I agree). An I also agree with YDload to see if it would be good for funk or jazz or blues or well as the the guy said all styles of music. Music more to my liking (don't get me wrong I sometimes do listen Blink, but I don't worship them or anything). Btw hi first post:p
you could get a p-bass, cut the body to get a jazz-shape. then you would be in good shape, or i know there are plenty of basses with a p and j pup combo in a jazz body. then you just have to change the necks and you slap a j-retro on the thing have some tone-changing fun!

s&p
11-04-2005, 03:43 PM
ah! but how much would this cost?! Seeing as my budget isn't big and I'm not the home-made customizer. btw the Reggie Hamilton sig. looks good for the job as well and I don't mean the custom shop version.
(thanks anyway muthafunkabass)

nicatterberry
11-04-2005, 06:09 PM
ah! but how much would this cost?! Seeing as my budget isn't big and I'm not the home-made customizer. btw the Reggie Hamilton sig. looks good for the job as well and I don't mean the custom shop version.
(thanks anyway muthafunkabass)

If you really want the Hoppus, and you want a tone knob, drill a hole in the pickguard and add in a tone kob. You could find a simple diagram off of any website.

Bass Chick
11-04-2005, 06:13 PM

I think most of these Hoppus fanboys like him because he's different to other bass players to a point where he makes it look like more fun to play rather than just stand there and punch out a bunch of interesting bass lines trying to impress the ladies [in blink's case 13 year old girls which makes it more doubtful]. I don't know whether you've seen any live footage of them or been to a concert but he's actually not bad to watch, he puts bass in the spotlight rather than just in the background.

That's just my opinion.

I'm a fan of Mark Hoppus [obviously], I have no shame in saying it either... the guy made a name for himself, sure he's not the best bass player in the World but who gives? he obviously enjoys playing, isn't that what playing an instrument is all about?

amj
11-05-2005, 09:39 AM
he puts bass in the spotlight rather than just in the background.

Because god knows victor wooten is in the background :rolleyes:

At any rate I think you should be able to bring the bass to the front by the lines you play rather than how much you jump around. Admitedly I do jump around, but that's beside the point ^_^

And anyway, sometimes the bass is meant to be in the background. Especially with a root note band like Blink.

Deacy
11-05-2005, 01:10 PM
he puts bass in the spotlight rather than just in the background.
Steve Harris and Geddy Lee do it better though

Bass Chick
11-05-2005, 07:38 PM
I pretty much said all I wanted to say in the last paragraph I typed :).

People have different views on things anyway, you guys might like bass players that play more than basically just straight 8s and pretty much standard bass lines better... I don't, that's just how it is.

I know he's not the best bass player in the World and I don't pretend that he is, I just don't understand why people have to bag him for doing what he loves. He never had the ambition to be a great bassist, he said it himself. Besides if he's as terrible as you guys make him out to be, why comment in a thread about his signature bass? That just doesn't make sense to me.

pitchfork
11-08-2005, 10:40 AM
I listen to nearly all types of music and blink are good but the band is honestly pop and nothing like punk. I love punk and listen to it every day but blink aren't punk at all. The music is awesome but the bass lines are so samey and boring its unreal but it works I don't respect him as a bassist but i like blink 182 as a band. If i was set on fender I would get a marcus miller signature or a 1970's pbass and add a baddass 2 bridge if i went for pbass.

Mr. Pickle
11-10-2005, 11:09 PM
Besides if he's as terrible as you guys make him out to be, why comment in a thread about his signature bass? That just doesn't make sense to me.

OMGosh i hate when people say stuff like that, it's such a lame statement. This above quote doesnt really make any sense to me. The people here who think the bass is terrible are commenting b/c they want other people to know the bass is terrible.

Forums = Opinions

Forums dont = tootsie rolls and lolipops

Bass Chick
11-11-2005, 01:32 AM
OMGosh i hate when people say stuff like that, it's such a lame statement. This above quote doesnt really make any sense to me. The people here who think the bass is terrible are commenting b/c they want other people to know the bass is terrible.

Forums = Opinions

Forums dont = tootsie rolls and lolipops

That's not really what I was getting at :rolleyes:, I don't care if people say the bass is terrible if they've actually tried it, that's fare enough and I respect peoples opinions but half the people here are bagging him as a bass player which isn't really relevant, just because he isn't a great bassist doesn't mean the actual bass isn't any good... you can't really say a certain bass sucks if you haven't tried it.

Mr. Pickle
11-11-2005, 03:51 PM
half the people here are bagging him as a bass player which isn't really relevant, just because he isn't a great bassist doesn't mean the actual bass isn't any good... you can't really say a certain bass sucks if you haven't tried it.

Besides if he's as terrible as you guys make him out to be, why comment in a thread about his signature bass? That just doesn't make sense to me.

well, you're telling people here to stop bagging on him and to just comment on the bass. yet you're telling people who dont like him not to post here. So are you saying if you dont like him, i dont respect your opinions about his bass?

Bass Chick
11-11-2005, 06:13 PM
well, you're telling people here to stop bagging on him and to just comment on the bass. yet you're telling people who dont like him not to post here. So are you saying if you dont like him, i dont respect your opinions about his bass?

I never said/meant if you don't like him don't post here and I'm sorry if that's how it came across, I was just curious as to why it seems that he's always being dissed here and whenever someone finally sticks up for him it turns into one big arguement... so that's only half true in relation to your question, I mean if you don't like him and you're tried the bass before or at least have a descent reason as to why you think it sucks other than the fact it has 'Mark Hoppus' written on it then I respect his/her opinion.

da_s_man13
11-11-2005, 06:38 PM
Hrmm, i wonder if the bass would sold as much if it wasnt the Hoppus sig, but same design and everything...

Mr. Pickle
11-11-2005, 08:43 PM
^^No, it truly is a ****ty bass in my eyes

Funkadelia2000
02-26-2006, 09:40 AM
iv played2 mark hoppus basses, they let down fender!

they put mark hoppus on the headstock nd loadsa bass noobs get suckered in!

it was hard to play,and just sounded as if it it didnt want to play!

mark hoppus himself doesnt even use the variaton that gets sold much!

mfb
02-26-2006, 09:45 AM
I dont think you are allowed to update threads so old.:-/

Funkadelia2000
02-26-2006, 02:23 PM
why not?

bleeding_fingers
02-26-2006, 03:50 PM
Because there are better things to discuss than Mark Hoppus and his bass.

Funkadelia2000
02-26-2006, 05:16 PM
...debatable

mfb
02-26-2006, 06:05 PM
why not?
I don't make the rules.:-*

wicked_child
02-27-2006, 01:42 AM
People don't like the Hoppus bass b/c its $560. Sure it might have a decent sound, but for the same price you can get such a ridiculously better bass.

i think there is a cheaper squire version of the hoppus.

pitchfork
02-27-2006, 02:11 AM
*cough* '62 jazz reissue much better 'cough'

Az_Holl
02-27-2006, 02:54 AM
I dont think you are allowed to update threads so old.:-/
YOu are in reviews, if you have soemthing to add

mfb
02-27-2006, 06:02 PM
Really? Awesome.

mfb
02-27-2006, 06:03 PM
i think there is a cheaper squire version of the hoppus.
I'm pretty damn sure there isn't. o..O

PainKiller8191
02-28-2006, 08:14 AM
Because god knows victor wooten is in the background :rolleyes:
ya well that's what solo bassists do....dumbass

pitchfork
02-28-2006, 12:26 PM
Yeah but hoppus bass, okay for your standard pop band like blink but not really suitable for other styles of music. If you really want a Pbass look at the japanese and american models, some squires are better than mexicans. Of just go get a jazz with the S1 switch for both tones.

faelun
02-28-2006, 03:59 PM
I always thought the hoppus sig was hot pink?

pitchfork
03-01-2006, 01:00 PM
Shell pink, some sickly blue or white.

Mr. Pickle
03-02-2006, 07:26 PM
*cough* '62 jazz reissue much better 'cough'

yeah, b/c they're easily comparable.

pitchfork
03-03-2006, 05:21 AM
Same price better bass if the prices are the same as last time i saw.
About 480 for the reissue the hoppus is about that as well last time i looked.

Mr. Pickle
03-04-2006, 09:41 PM
WHAT? i thought the '62 reissues were like $1500 USD or something as where the hoppus is around $500-600 USD.

confused...

jessan5
04-11-2006, 04:31 PM
some one please could sell my a mark hoppus bass? in preterence the pink one:D.. my mail is jessan5@hotmail.com

Killer Fridge
04-11-2006, 05:09 PM
WHAT? i thought the '62 reissues were like $1500 USD or something as where the hoppus is around $500-600 USD.

confused...

I think he mean the "60s jazz bass"

http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-FEN0131800.html

Mr. Pickle
04-11-2006, 08:38 PM
seems like those two would be pretty hard to confuse.

PsychoTronn
11-10-2006, 03:37 AM
the hoppus bass dosen't have any tone knobs so it can only sound one way, one tone.

I'd perfer a $200 Ibanez bass over this bass any day.

eriatarka
12-23-2006, 01:28 PM
the hoppus bass dosen't have any tone knobs so it can only sound one way, one tone.

I'd perfer a $200 Ibanez bass over this bass any day.

You know amps do have EQs, right?

PsychoTronn
12-23-2006, 07:32 PM
You know amps do have EQs, right?

why woulden't you want tone knobs on your bass?

elmo121
06-23-2007, 08:05 AM
cos its not needed, and if you have a good amp, you should be able to modify the tone to your liking anyway

Basilsparents
07-07-2007, 02:49 AM
Also own the amp, and I'd urge you to stop before you buy it as a giggable amp. Its a well good amp, but it simply won't do for gigs. Small ones it might just handle, but as soon as you want to go any bigger then you'll need something else as it just won't go high and clarified enough at the same time. If you're gigging somewhere with a well good PA then thats OK 'cos of the preamp out/DI out, but if you want to gig with this alone I'd reccomend the 300W head or the new 180 watt version which is coming out at some point in the near future.

Fallen Angel

What Fallen Angel says is pretty true... 120w can be a bit lacking in kick for PA-less gigs. I have the 180w version of the amp we're talking about... a BXL180, I think? Which I feel can cut the mustard at gigs. The 300w version of this combo is (in the UK at least) only around 40 more expensive than the 180w version, so if you can afford it, I'd be recommending the 300w. The 180 can pull it off (as I've found out), but I can imagine a 120w could be in trouble.

However, one thing I have to say about this amp... it's indestructable... or so it seems

Weezer
07-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Indestructible... lol

hotcod32
08-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Well i did just pick up a mark bass from ebay, which i didn't even really mean to do. They tend to go for 350-400 2nd hand here but this one had a reserve of 200 so i thought i'd see if i could get it cheap since i can't find a pbass for less than 350... funny thing is i'd end up putting in the pick ups (60) in the mark in a pbass if i'd got one at some point anyway... got the mark for 215 which came as a bit of a shock but i'm really quite happy about it.

Point is i play 'poppunk' (i'll get to that in a second) and i've always wanted a bass sound a lot like marks so this is rather good for me, i don't see having no tone on the bass as a problem, any tone i'll need to change i can do with a half decent amp... frankly i hardly ever bother to touch the tone knobs on any bass but ya i freely admit i'm not a very good bassist in the grand viwe of things... but i've rather damn good at what i do and this bass should get me the sound i want... even then anything better than the crap i have at the moment, it was brought 2nd hand years ago from a friend when she needed money and i thought having a bass about would be fun, it sucks so anything at all would be better. Only downside is the pick guard really, i'd rather it was black than blue really but given the price i've gotten it for i can't bitch to much.

Point is people are snobby ****ers, which is evident in all the 'omg its not punk' debate... 'poppunk' is a name for a type of music now rather than a description. Just like almost anything called 'emo' or 'hardcore' these days is not really 'emo' or 'hardcore'. Blink and bands like them play a music that has its roots way back in punk, it grew out of what people would call "real" poppunk and is now a whole thing of it own... the punk in it is just a name and for the most part says '4 cords, distorted guitar with roots in bands from punk music'. So ya, just a name... i just wish people didn't have to bring it up ever time poppunk gets talked about these days.

But sure i'll stick a real review of it here when i've hand my hands on it for a practices. Have one monday but not sure it will have turned up by then but ah well

Sammy_L_D
08-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Hey hotcod32, you just brought up this "poppunk" vs. "punk" debate.

Get a life loser.

hotcod32
08-03-2007, 12:52 PM
at want point did i argue punk vs poppunk? where did i say one was better than the other? oh wait, i didn't :)

Weezer
08-03-2007, 08:49 PM
This isn't the place to bring up your lame philosophies about different genres, this is for reviews.

hotcod32
08-04-2007, 03:34 AM
it was already been talked about in the tread and so i commented on it. I didn't bring it up but simply stated what i and most people i know see as a fact and why people whining on and on about 'punk' in 'poppunk' is silly.