PDA

View Full Version : Official Blink 182 Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Virus278
04-11-2005, 06:41 PM
Bring all Blink 182 related discussion here. Any flaming will result in a ban.

Original OFFICIAL Blink Thread (http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191031)

roofee0
04-11-2005, 06:46 PM
I don't think you need to make another one of these.

Virus278
04-11-2005, 06:47 PM
ya, i guess your'e right - it's just that that thread had been around since I first started here and I became friends with everyone in that thread

Stew_Blink
04-11-2005, 07:36 PM
yes..I think it was rather stupid to close the thread..but that's only my opinion and that's all I shall say.

10571z
04-11-2005, 09:03 PM
i say we use this one now even if blink 182 break up we still talk about the past blink stuff. dont close this thread. we r all mates and it good cause we dont get flamed and crap. AND BLINK 182 HAVENt OFFICIALLY ENDED until we have a official statement saying they have i still think there alive. anyways peace out

10571z
04-11-2005, 09:05 PM
who likes nfg here i reckon there pretty cool even if there lead singer sounds like a 8 year old

PDWAB
04-11-2005, 09:11 PM
I can understand you want to keep in touch with everyone from the thread, but that's what the Discussion Thread is for. I really don't see the point of a band thread with a band that just broke up.

Tell you what. I'll leave this open for a couple days and if I see a bunch of good Blink 182 discussion, then I'll leave it open. But if it's mostly spam/off-topic/tangents, then I'm going to close it and point you guys to the Discussion thread.

Virus278
04-11-2005, 10:49 PM
Ah, thank u - in fact, we've all already talked about closing the Blink thread and we all decided against it because even tho this is all general discussion that could go in the discussion thread we can all still bring up blink 182 topics really randomly without other people getting mad because it has nothing to do with the current conversation

Independent_CA
04-11-2005, 11:44 PM
Well, blink didn't break up. If you saw Mark on Fuse last week, he pretty much explained the whole thing. We should probably just re-open the blink thread when there's more news.

Mr Sasquatch
04-11-2005, 11:45 PM
Uhhh Travis Barker even said that they were in fact on hiatus. They did not break up. This was recently when I accidentally watched TRL. Him and Mark are also in a new band called Plus 44. They did NOT break up. I don't mean this post to sound mean, I'm just trying to get a point across.

felch182
04-12-2005, 12:05 AM
to keep this on topic, which blink song got you addicted to their sound. for me it was dammit. discuss

10571z
04-12-2005, 12:45 AM
hmm me probably all the small things. it was so wierd whats my age again gotno aussie play on video hits (an aussie tvshow). but all the small things was on every second i reckon every1 at my schoool knows the words to the song

RazorsInTheNight
04-12-2005, 12:53 AM
In my opinion Travis Barker should have stayed with The Aquabats...

10571z
04-12-2005, 01:49 AM
yeh im starting to agree. but if u can see i think tom and mark have had a falling out because mark and trav r making a band and there been no news on tom or anything. i reckon pluss 44 r a revenge band for bcr

felch182
04-12-2005, 02:35 AM
maybe tom just wants to spend time with his family. remember if you take one link out of the chain, the chain will not function properly. maybe the indefinite hiatus was because tom is having troubles with jen or something.

10571z
04-12-2005, 02:48 AM
yeh no1 knows. but i guess will probably find out sooner or later

plaidbassbilly
04-12-2005, 04:36 AM
to keep this on topic, which blink song got you addicted to their sound. for me it was dammit. discuss

Addicted? I'd say Feeling This, because I didn't absolutely love them until this song. I mean, I still thought they were rad band since about the All The Small Things era, but they weren't my favourite band or anything.

thedude182
04-12-2005, 06:37 AM
Anthem II

DMB_
04-12-2005, 06:45 AM
yeah dude they werent arent bad.

Tabs are really really easy, which i am learning off of now.

DMB_
04-12-2005, 06:45 AM
wow, i fucked that one up.

What I MEANT to say is that they are acutally pretty good.

Agent_Orange
04-12-2005, 08:30 AM
maybe tom just wants to spend time with his family. remember if you take one link out of the chain, the chain will not function properly. maybe the indefinite hiatus was because tom is having troubles with jen or something.

I heard Travis was having trouble with his ex-wife. Doesn't one of them have a baby on the way?

Agent_Orange
04-12-2005, 08:34 AM

I dissagree. Even though it seemed like when Travis became the drummer they went a popper preppier sound, he contributed so much more to the music. Scott just didn't seem like the type of person you would enjoy going to see play. He just didn't get as enthusied as Travis does. Plus compared to travis he sucks.

Agent_Orange
04-12-2005, 08:40 AM

I don't think I could pick just one so here's my list.

1 T.V.
2 Carasal
3 Dick Lips
4 Apple Shampoo
5 Dammit
6 The whole Enema of the State cd
7 Stay togather for the Kids
8 Wendy Clear

These are just the ones that got me started my favorite all time list would be like:

1 T.V.
2 M+Ms
3 the entire Dude Ranch CD
4 Enema of the State
5 Take Off Your Pants and Jacket
6 Blink 182

I didn't really like much of their first three albums.

Agent_Orange
04-12-2005, 08:44 AM
wow, i fucked that one up.

What I MEANT to say is that they are acutally pretty good.

What does that mean? Does that mean Germany sucks and your not punk? Huh? What does that mean? Why are you always naked? Do you have to be naked to show everyone like hey i'm funny? Toliet paper they make me blow my nose on you.

Agent_Orange
04-12-2005, 09:07 AM
it probly wont be a real copy....every1 is making copies that look exaclty the same as the real thing and sell it on ebay
theres only 18- 24 real copies in the world and they are worth $800- $1000...
so yer sorry to burst ur bubble but its proberly a fake or the person that sold it to u got ripped off.

No, I have one of the original copies. I know for sure. I got a really good deal.

Independent_CA
04-12-2005, 11:47 AM
No, I have one of the original copies. I know for sure. I got a really good deal.
How do you know its a real copy?

benbenben
04-12-2005, 12:04 PM

i agree. i think scott suited blink more any way, trav just made blink poppier

ChodaBoy
04-12-2005, 12:08 PM
When Travis joined, they did get 'poppier', but you cant exactly say it was bad music

flfbassist
04-12-2005, 02:41 PM
I refuse to believe what any magazine or TV show has to say about Blink's break. I refuse to belive that my all time favorite band has called it quits until i hear it from Blink themselves. Magazines and tv shows always seem to switch words around, making people believe false things. The sad thing about it is that there are dumb people out there that believe everything the mags and tv had to say. Well enless i hear "Blink-182 is no more" from either tom, mark, or travis' mouth, then i dont believe it. All these mags and shows keep talking about their break up, yet we dont hear anything from blink themselves. Blink loves their fans and would never keep them in the dark, especially about something as serious as this.

dancetomdance182
04-12-2005, 04:18 PM
I think someone should make a Plus44 thread..? Anyway, I like the blink thread, it kept me active in this site.

ChodaBoy
04-12-2005, 04:29 PM
We cant make a thread yet, they've not even made any songs

Untitled
04-12-2005, 04:37 PM
There already is one.

10571z
04-12-2005, 05:36 PM
have u heard it wats it called

cobert
04-12-2005, 05:41 PM
No, theres already a thread about them. They havent made any songs yet.

sweetdude
04-12-2005, 05:48 PM
i guys im new my names peter im 13 from san diego. my fav bands blink 182 and yellowcard.

10571z
04-12-2005, 05:50 PM
cooooooool

cobert
04-12-2005, 05:54 PM
i guys im new my names peter im 13 from san diego. my fav bands blink 182 and yellowcard.

welcome to the boards. Read the rules and enjoy....:thumb:

dancetomdance182
04-12-2005, 05:56 PM
Did anyone hear the intro song to Meet the Barkers? It's actually pretty nice. I'm waiting for a full version to come out.

Virus278
04-12-2005, 06:17 PM
I think someone should make a Plus44 thread..? Anyway, I like the blink thread, it kept me active in this site.

well, if there was a plus 44 thread what would we talk about in there? - ya, and what u said about the blink thread is right - it kept me active in this forum as well

roofee0
04-12-2005, 06:26 PM

Fasho.

Virus278
04-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Did anyone hear the intro song to Meet the Barkers? It's actually pretty nice. I'm waiting for a full version to come out.

Ya, it was pretty cool

Virus278
04-12-2005, 07:10 PM
well, if there was a plus 44 thread what would we talk about in there? - ya, and what u said about the blink thread is right - it kept me active in this forum as well

oh, there is one

cobert
04-12-2005, 08:20 PM
/me gots dude ranch yesterday
/me still prefers cheshire cat or self titled

roofee0
04-12-2005, 08:32 PM
I don't think it was right to close the Official Thread on us so early. We had been on topic farily good(which is a surprise). Is there any way we could protest to bring back the Blink 182 Thread. It doesn't feel right in here. I had over 500 posts in that thread their closing it off so, no one can reply anymore, it's stupid. But, I think we should protest against it. I know it sounds retarded but, I think we should.

One of the points of closing it(I think) was because half the people in there only posted in there and nowhere else in this forum.

cobert
04-12-2005, 08:35 PM
yeah, thats it. There was talk of closing the discussion thread, but that would just be harmful.

Independent_CA
04-13-2005, 01:01 AM
Yeah, its pretty rad.

/me gots dude ranch yesterday
/me still prefers cheshire cat or self titled
Dude Ranch will grow on you my friend.

10571z
04-13-2005, 02:01 AM
yeh dude ranch is the bomb i love it so much. it made mark quit smoking

visit http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=22482

LOSBassist
04-13-2005, 08:07 AM
does ne 1 know the story behind Adam's Song (if there is one) I've always wondered. tell me if you know for sure what it is.

Agent_Orange
04-13-2005, 08:34 AM
How do you know its a real copy?

If you ever get a copy of flyswatter the only way to tell if it's the original is the caset itself. If it's not a casset tape then it's not an original because they didn't produce them on to CD. I know for sure mine is one of the originals or a really **** good fake. It even has the name and address of the recording studio they had it made at.

Agent_Orange
04-13-2005, 08:41 AM
I refuse to believe what any magazine or TV show has to say about Blink's break. I refuse to belive that my all time favorite band has called it quits until i hear it from Blink themselves. Magazines and tv shows always seem to switch words around, making people believe false things. The sad thing about it is that there are dumb people out there that believe everything the mags and tv had to say. Well enless i hear "Blink-182 is no more" from either tom, mark, or travis' mouth, then i dont believe it. All these mags and shows keep talking about their break up, yet we dont hear anything from blink themselves. Blink loves their fans and would never keep them in the dark, especially about something as serious as this.

I think they have been having problems since Boxcar Racer. Hince the long break between the TOYPAJ tour and the new blink record. I just think it was starting to get to them all the touring and producing they were doing. I mean come on if you did nothing but toured and wrote for 10 or so years you would get tired of it and need a break and to explore other things. I mean look at it this way. Green Day has been around longer than blink and are just now getting to where blink was when they put out Enema of the State. Don't get me wrong I love GD but it just took them longer. Blink has really mad some remarkable accomplishments as a band and it's time for a break. I do not see them breaking up for good and never getting back togather. I'll give them 2-3 years to work things out then we'll al get to see the old blink come back and bust some more asss.

Agent_Orange
04-13-2005, 08:43 AM
does ne 1 know the story behind Adam's Song (if there is one) I've always wondered. tell me if you know for sure what it is.

I'm not sure but I think Adams Song and Stay Togather for the Kids was about when Marks and dad divorced when he was in his teens. I think don't hold me to it.

Independent_CA
04-13-2005, 10:46 AM
If you ever get a copy of flyswatter the only way to tell if it's the original is the caset itself. If it's not a casset tape then it's not an original because they didn't produce them on to CD. I know for sure mine is one of the originals or a really **** good fake. It even has the name and address of the recording studio they had it made at.
I know they didn't make it on CD, but I thought there were some fakes out there on cassette. Maybe not though. Good job to you for getting that if it was real.

Independent_CA
04-13-2005, 10:51 AM
I think they have been having problems since Boxcar Racer. Hince the long break between the TOYPAJ tour and the new blink record. I just think it was starting to get to them all the touring and producing they were doing. I mean come on if you did nothing but toured and wrote for 10 or so years you would get tired of it and need a break and to explore other things. I mean look at it this way. Green Day has been around longer than blink and are just now getting to where blink was when they put out Enema of the State. Don't get me wrong I love GD but it just took them longer. Blink has really mad some remarkable accomplishments as a band and it's time for a break. I do not see them breaking up for good and never getting back togather. I'll give them 2-3 years to work things out then we'll al get to see the old blink come back and bust some more asss.
I'd have to disagree, Green Day is ahead of blink by a few years. They hit "EOTS Status" back between '93 and '95 with Dookie and Insomniac. Nimrod was ok, but not quite as great as those two albums, Warning was ok, Shennanigans just plain sucked for the most part, and the new album is really good. It sort of marks their return as a band. I read an interview with Billy Joe where he said that before they recorded, they all basically sat down and said "We're 34, why the hell are we still doing this, and you remember that thing you said to me when we were 17? That was not cool." So you see, after a kind of long break, they worked out their differences and made a comeback.

AlkoholikMouse
04-13-2005, 11:23 AM
Anyone else think its a bit wierd how Travis as a person is the most punk of all of them, yet when he joined their music got poppier? The maturity of the self titled album is a good change.

I can definately say that the thread for Mark's new band (cant remember their name right now) will end up with more Blink discussion than its own.

Living In Context
04-13-2005, 11:23 AM
hi, im new on the forum and since i cant start threads yet i thought id ask here, can anyone find me a correct tab for the snare toll thing that travis does after the first clean chorus in 'Feeling This'. or should should i go buy the sheet music?

felch182
04-13-2005, 11:31 AM
go buy the sheet mesic, or just keep listening to the tab. When did blink write dude ranch, was it when they were struggling or when they semi made it.

Stew_Blink
04-13-2005, 01:26 PM
I don't think it was right to close the Official Thread on us so early. We had been on topic farily good(which is a surprise). Is there any way we could protest to bring back the Blink 182 Thread. It doesn't feel right in here. I had over 500 posts in that thread their closing it off so, no one can reply anymore, it's stupid. But, I think we should protest against it. I know it sounds retarded but, I think we should.

I agree 105% :D It was pointless to close that thread..especially since we just got a new blink thread started..re-open it..if idiots spam like crazy (I've done it before) then ban them..use your mod powers. The mods in this thread don't use their powers..that's why there's so much spam and ****. so to sum it up..RE-OPEN OFFICIAL BLINK THREAD! BAN IDIOTS WHO MAKE DUMB POSTS!..do that and I think everything will become :thumb:

Stew_Blink
04-13-2005, 04:25 PM
I do agree with that 100%..I just think if the mods would wake up and see that this thread is dying, then they could maybe do something. Idiot's wouldn't spam as much if they knew they'd actually get banned..I got pissed off at points to..although I did some spamming myself. I say we re-open the thread, if someone spams there banned. That's it..simple and also easy to inforce as long as the mods actually ban and the such.

10571z
04-13-2005, 05:01 PM
yeh this thread probably get more post then any other. of a long period of time . other threads just go.

dancetomdance182
04-13-2005, 05:27 PM
I'd have to disagree, Green Day is ahead of blink by a few years. They hit "EOTS Status" back between '93 and '95 with Dookie and Insomniac. Nimrod was ok, but not quite as great as those two albums, Warning was ok, Shennanigans just plain sucked for the most part, and the new album is really good. It sort of marks their return as a band. I read an interview with Billy Joe where he said that before they recorded, they all basically sat down and said "We're 34, why the hell are we still doing this, and you remember that thing you said to me when we were 17? That was not cool." So you see, after a kind of long break, they worked out their differences and made a comeback.

I agree Greenday hit mainstream music when they released Dookie. Also, Greenday has accomplished more because they already won 2 grammys. I think that it would be nice if blink won a grammy to finish off their career.

Stew_Blink
04-13-2005, 05:41 PM
me also

10571z
04-13-2005, 06:49 PM
i just relised. okay blink 182 said oh we need a break from bands we wanna spend time with our family so then wat does mark and trav go do spend wtime with there family no they start another ****ing band wtf how does this make sense

cobert
04-13-2005, 07:09 PM
i just relised. okay blink 182 said oh we need a break from bands we wanna spend time with our family so then wat does mark and trav go do spend wtime with there family no they start another ****ing band wtf how does this make sense

It seems the last horse finally crossed the finish line.

.....They obviously didnt "take a break" to "spend time with their families". They "broke up for good" because "mark and travis were both pissed at tom."

dancetomdance182
04-13-2005, 07:25 PM
It seems the last horse finally crossed the finish line.

.....They obviously didnt "take a break" to "spend time with their families". They "broke up for good" because "mark and travis were both pissed at tom."

When Kroq asked this to Travis, he said that he actually enjoys touring and has no problems with it. I guess they just needed a break from BLINK.

cobert
04-13-2005, 07:30 PM
When Kroq asked this to Travis, he said that he actually enjoys touring and has no problems with it. I guess they just needed a break from BLINK.

I dunno, it seems like there was a falling out between them. None of them are really taking a break from anything (with their side projects and all), and i think travis enjoys playing drums in general and dsent care with who he plays with. And Tom had all the credit for songwriting on the self-titled, so i think that blink broke up for good because of the inevitable "creative differences" all bands will have.

Coma_Girl
04-13-2005, 08:06 PM
im really into blink, but its okay if they broke up for good, cause there's a time for every band where the members have to let it go cause its just not as fun as it used to be...

10571z
04-13-2005, 08:28 PM
the thing i dont understand is they said they planned it for a long time why wouldnt they postpone the hiatus for 1 more day and play the dam show. it was obviouly a falling out between mark and, tom or travis or tom and mark , trav.

Coma_Girl
04-13-2005, 08:39 PM
and it must have ben a BIG falling out, cause they couldnt even wait one more day for a good cause...

Virus278
04-13-2005, 09:18 PM

Only Tom said that he wanted to spend time with his family - so I think that it was mainly him who really wanted to split up and the other two were ok with it cause they had some other stuff they had to do aswell - but I don't think Mark and Travis' reasons for splitting up was the main reason - I think Tom's was because the other two obviously didn't need a break that badly

10571z
04-13-2005, 09:36 PM
and it must have ben a BIG falling out, cause they couldnt even wait one more day for a good cause...

exactly

Independent_CA
04-14-2005, 01:38 AM
Falling out as in a break maybe. Again if you saw Mark last week on Fuse, he explained the whole thing and didn't seem bitter about anything that was going on. Being blink-182 is their job, and even though they love it and enjoy it, the need a break. They probably want to try other things, and they do have a lot of changes going on in their lives right now. Maybe Tom was just having some personal problems or something, you never know. Afterall, part of what inspired "Adam's Song" was how difficult it can be to be in a band full time.

10571z
04-14-2005, 03:06 AM
ok i have an idea to stay on topic ok here i go .....

every 1 post there ideal blink 182 setlist only 20 and a half songs max a joke song counts as half anyways cya

10571z
04-14-2005, 03:52 AM
ok ill go first

1.east target
2.rock show
3.whats my age again
4.wasting time
5.all of this
6.josie
7.stay togther.
8. go
9.waggy
10.going away to college
11. first date
12.anthem part 2
13. vilonce
14.i miss you
15.m and ms
16.adams song
17. man overboard
_____________encore
18. stockholm sydrome
19. carousel
-------------------- another encore
20 1/2 when you ****ed grandpa
20.dammit

plaidbassbilly
04-14-2005, 07:39 AM
Falling out as in a break maybe. Again if you saw Mark last week on Fuse, he explained the whole thing and didn't seem bitter about anything that was going on. Being blink-182 is their job, and even though they love it and enjoy it, the need a break. They probably want to try other things, and they do have a lot of changes going on in their lives right now. Maybe Tom was just having some personal problems or something, you never know. Afterall, part of what inspired "Adam's Song" was how difficult it can be to be in a band full time.

I thought Tom's wife was pregnant? This would probably be a good reason he wanted a break.

gothikid13
04-14-2005, 09:09 AM
Blink 182 sucks!!!!

Agent_Orange
04-14-2005, 09:19 AM
^^^ I hope you die a horrible fiery death and **** out your neck and burn in hell for all of eternity. Good day to you.

The set list I played about two months ago went something like this.

1 Anthem Part 2
2 Josie
3 First Date
4 The Rock Show
5 Whats my age again
6 All the Small Things
7 Dick Lips
8 Stockholm Syndrom
9 Go
10 Easy Target
11 Wendy Clear
12 Always
13 I'm Lost Without You
14 Dammit

ChodaBoy
04-14-2005, 09:23 AM
Gothikid13 already has enemies in the pit, now he comes here for more.

Whats that set list for?

Agent_Orange
04-14-2005, 09:46 AM
uhhh. 10571z started it top of the page

Independent_CA
04-14-2005, 11:16 AM
Well, we got to page four before a moron posted. How long did we go in the first one, anyone know?

ChodaBoy
04-14-2005, 11:27 AM
About 5 or 6 posts. But it depends on what you call a moron post

Stew_Blink
04-14-2005, 12:46 PM
haha yeah..the old one it was like the 6th post I'd say..

Pazz
04-14-2005, 01:15 PM
Only Tom said that he wanted to spend time with his family - so I think that it was mainly him who really wanted to split up and the other two were ok with it cause they had some other stuff they had to do aswell - but I don't think Mark and Travis' reasons for splitting up was the main reason - I think Tom's was because the other two obviously didn't need a break that badly

That's what I was thinking. Because They all agreed on a break with families. Then Mark and Travis go and start another band. So, it's obvious that Tom wanted the break and Mark and Travis didn't care much.

Pazz
04-14-2005, 01:33 PM
And my setlist. This is going to be hard and I'm going to need to listen to a couple of their CD's first. But, I might try and do it off the top of my head.

1) The Party Song
2) Anthem
3) Anthem Part 2
4) Don't Leave Me
5) Feeling This
6) Please Take Me Home
7) Touchdown Boy
8) Stay Together For the Kids
9) Alien's Exist
10) Always
11) Family Reunion
12) Here's Your Letter
13) Pathetic
14) Story of a Lonely Guy
15) I'm Lost Without You
16) All The Small Things
17) Easy Target
18) M+M's
19) Dick Lips
20) Dammit
21)Carousel

That would be my list. Maybe a few more adjustments but, that looks relatively good.. for now.

10571z
04-14-2005, 04:58 PM
i remeber some1 posted a life of a Metal User.

registers>>>>>journeys out into the pop punk forum>>>>insults blink 182 >>>> banned

all in one day

10571z
04-14-2005, 04:59 PM
http://www.plus-44.com

dancetomdance182
04-14-2005, 05:15 PM
hm..nice. I want that site to open up.

Virus278
04-14-2005, 10:42 PM
cool, that pic of travis is the same one that's on my avatar

Virus278
04-14-2005, 11:04 PM
ok i have an idea to stay on topic ok here i go .....

every 1 post there ideal blink 182 setlist only 20 and a half songs max a joke song counts as half anyways cya

I'm not gonna type a list of my favorite blink songs - I think it like depends on what type of mood your'e in - i mean like sometimes I type a list of my faveorite blink songs then I feel really bad about leaving a song out - so i'm just not gonna type one................I love all their songs - it's too hard to choose

- Pazz, i'm suprised u didn't put Stockholm Sydrome on your list, I thought it was one of your favorite songs

felch182
04-15-2005, 07:05 AM
hey fellas, one thing i realised is thatb in the rock forum they have official pantera, beatles etc threads, and some of their band members are dead. So why is it that when blink break up they take away our thread. That really sucks balls.

plaidbassbilly
04-15-2005, 07:08 AM
I'm not gonna type a list of my favorite blink songs - I think it like depends on what type of mood your'e in - i mean like sometimes I type a list of my faveorite blink songs then I feel really bad about leaving a song out - so i'm just not gonna type one................I love all their songs - it's too hard to choose

- Pazz, i'm suprised u didn't put Stockholm Sydrome on your list, I thought it was one of your favorite songs

Yeah, I'd have to agree. I thought about making a list, then I realised I'd leave out too many. It was a good idea of 10571z's though.

Agent_Orange
04-15-2005, 08:55 AM
hey fellas, one thing i realised is thatb in the rock forum they have official pantera, beatles etc threads, and some of their band members are dead. So why is it that when blink break up they take away our thread. That really sucks balls.

Makes no sense does it.

Independent_CA
04-15-2005, 12:19 PM
I agree.

As a politics forum regular, I put forth a motion that we revive the OFFICIAL Blink-182 thread. The band is still popular, whether they are broken up or not, people still listen to their music, all of the members are still alive, two of them are still making music, and it is quite possible that they will release another album in the future. In fact, Mark Hoppus said on Fuse last week that there's been talk about a Greatest Hits album with some new stuff on it as well. Given all this information, and what felch mentioned above about long dead (career and physically speaking) bands still having open official threads, I don't see the logic in closing the original thread to begin with. Almost the moment it was closed, this thread was created, and the discussion surrounding blink has continued quite strongly. And finally, whether they are still together or not, they are one of the biggest bands in the history of punk/pop-punk, they deserve their own thread.

If you support re-opening the OFFICIAL blink thread, then go respond to this poll:
http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329212

Pazz
04-15-2005, 01:25 PM
Well, it looks like we're going to get a Blink Thread back. The only question is..Do you guys want the new one or the old one? I say the old one should be re-opened.

Pazz
04-15-2005, 01:27 PM

I said that? I can't remember that. I can't even remember the song:lol: Because I haven't listened to that song is quite a while.

cobert
04-15-2005, 06:52 PM
Almost a week since i got dude ranch....cheshire cat is still better. Most of the songs on dude ranch I like are on MTTS.

dancetomdance182
04-15-2005, 07:50 PM
I prefer the old one. Sorry Pazz10.

dancetomdance182
04-15-2005, 07:50 PM
I guess the mod is just keeping the new one open..so here is the new official blink thread.

cobert
04-15-2005, 08:12 PM
I think this should stay open. I dont see why its necessary to open the old one back up, this ones actually more relevant.

Virus278
04-15-2005, 09:47 PM
weird, i was about to put that link in the first post but its already been done. I guess the mods can edit other peoples posts

Virus278
04-15-2005, 09:49 PM
Pazz 10 - "Just change the name of it because it's a stupid name."
- do u want me to change the name of this thread?

plaidbassbilly
04-16-2005, 06:01 AM
Clown Phobia posted this on the 13/6 2004, in the old Blink thread:

"So if blink were to break up right now... and they released a greatest hits - what should it be like? (songs, order etc.)

I think they should release two greatest hits, Best of 93-97 and Best of 99-01, and leave self titled by itself. That separates blink into three different eras."

I got a weird feeling when I went back and read this, because they HAVE (well, most likely...for the time being) broken up, and Mark was talking about releasing a Greatest Hits. I like the idea of 2 Greatest Hits, but I'd include the self titled on the second one as well.

Pazz
04-16-2005, 09:26 AM
Pazz 10 - "Just change the name of it because it's a stupid name."
- do u want me to change the name of this thread?

Well, back to Official Blink 182 Thread and I don't know maybe add an "The II" at the end to show it's the newer one.

Stew_Blink
04-16-2005, 01:06 PM
Yes, that would work. Just add the "II" to the end to show that it is the new blink thread.

Virus278
04-16-2005, 02:41 PM
I edited my first post and changed the name of this thread but when your'e viewing the name of the thread from the forum itself it still says "The New OFFICIAL Blink 182 Thread." (if u dont know what i mean go to the first post and it says "The OFFICIAL Blink 182 Thread II")

Pazz
04-16-2005, 02:45 PM
Ask a mod to change it for you. I thought this would happen.

Virus278
04-16-2005, 02:45 PM
Clown Phobia posted this on the 13/6 2004, in the old Blink thread:

"So if blink were to break up right now... and they released a greatest hits - what should it be like? (songs, order etc.)

I think they should release two greatest hits, Best of 93-97 and Best of 99-01, and leave self titled by itself. That separates blink into three different eras."

I got a weird feeling when I went back and read this, because they HAVE (well, most likely...for the time being) broken up, and Mark was talking about releasing a Greatest Hits. I like the idea of 2 Greatest Hits, but I'd include the self titled on the second one as well.

Actually "Perverted Pixie Nudist Colony" posted that - but ya, I agree about the Greatest Hits thing

4timesaday
04-16-2005, 02:54 PM
blink will be back *sigh*

like i cant just see them stopping without warning... okay they will be gone for a long time... but they will get back... its like when you have a toy and as a kid you played with it to death.. then you got sick of it and put it away... a few years later you find it again and rememberd how much fun you had....

by the end of this year blink should have a greatest songs collection... AND WHY NOT LET US FANS VOTE FOR IT?!!! ... cause i no if the record company have their way itll be most of the last 4 years...... we want carousel and m+ms to get in their.... and if they feel like it they may or may not record a new song or put an unrealesed few on a bonus disc....

then after another year or two WHATS THAT...blink are back... new album, tour,.... the works???!!!!!!!! ...

yeah... well i mightened be acurate on time but theyll be back.... they have to .. they will

Virus278
04-16-2005, 02:55 PM
Ask a mod to change it for you. I thought this would happen.

Alright, i just did in the "Tell the Mods v4.0" thread

Independent_CA
04-16-2005, 05:25 PM
blink will be back *sigh*

like i cant just see them stopping without warning... okay they will be gone for a long time... but they will get back... its like when you have a toy and as a kid you played with it to death.. then you got sick of it and put it away... a few years later you find it again and rememberd how much fun you had....

by the end of this year blink should have a greatest songs collection... AND WHY NOT LET US FANS VOTE FOR IT?!!! ... cause i no if the record company have their way itll be most of the last 4 years...... we want carousel and m+ms to get in their.... and if they feel like it they may or may not record a new song or put an unrealesed few on a bonus disc....

then after another year or two WHATS THAT...blink are back... new album, tour,.... the works???!!!!!!!! ...

yeah... well i mightened be acurate on time but theyll be back.... they have to .. they will
That they will.

On a completely unrelated topic, do any of you know how to get the Most Recent Poster thing back on when you are looking at the forum? Somehow, mine got turned off a few days ago and I don't know how to get it back.
*Feels like a noob* :upset:

Virus278
04-16-2005, 05:35 PM
what most recent poster?

Stew_Blink
04-16-2005, 06:14 PM
The same thing happend to mine. About a week ago it dissapeared. I have no idea how to fix it.

ChodaBoy
04-16-2005, 06:15 PM
Maybe deleting your cookies, temp internet folders, etc will help. They may reload after it. I duno

rbv
04-16-2005, 06:22 PM
the mxtabs skin doesn't have the most recent poster option i believe

BCDRUMMER121
04-16-2005, 06:32 PM
hey did travis barker have a different wife when he was on MTV cribs then he does now on Meet The Barkers?

Independent_CA
04-16-2005, 09:01 PM
hey did travis barker have a different wife when he was on MTV cribs then he does now on Meet The Barkers?
Yes, I think her name was Melissa.

Don't you guys notice how on each thread it says (or used to say) Last Post By ...?

dancetomdance182
04-16-2005, 09:20 PM

I think that he was divorced.

Virus278
04-16-2005, 09:33 PM

Don't you guys notice how on each thread it says (or used to say) Last Post By ...?

Oh ya - now i know what u mean
- is Melissa the one that Travis had Landon with

duncedonkey666
04-16-2005, 09:38 PM
BLINK 182 broke up yayayayayayay

Independent_CA
04-17-2005, 12:39 AM
2 morons in 5 pages, thats still relatively low.

felch182
04-17-2005, 02:58 AM
i think we should have a poll. Dude ranch vs chisire cat, which do you prefer. Im a major dude ranch fan.

chumpradio
04-17-2005, 03:01 AM
Both Dude Ranch and Cheshire Cat are great records. I find it hard to choose a favourite because they are both so good, but I think that Dude Ranch wins by a small margin.

10571z
04-17-2005, 04:52 AM

notice both have under 50 posts. oh anyways hey. last night was the best my mates abnd played we started some great thrash pits we all got decked and now im bruised

10571z
04-17-2005, 04:56 AM
i was just thinking i think blink 182 are gunna be like the b sharps (off the simpsons) they have there orginal line up but it changes (chief wigom) gets kicked out and replaced (barney Gumble) then they have huge success but then one of them (homer) relises he wants to be with his family so they break up.but like 8 years later his kids find out about the old band and they want them to come together. And they end up having another concert on a bar rooftop. just my theory

ChodaBoy
04-17-2005, 07:25 AM
Yes...Im sure we all thought of that...:p

felch182
04-17-2005, 08:35 AM
i was just thinking i think blink 182 are gunna be like the b sharps (off the simpsons) they have there orginal line up but it changes (chief wigom) gets kicked out and replaced (barney Gumble) then they have huge success but then one of them (homer) relises he wants to be with his family so they break up.but like 8 years later his kids find out about the old band and they want them to come together. And they end up having another concert on a bar rooftop. just my theory
:lol: you think to much

cobert
04-17-2005, 11:36 AM
I always thought it would be funny if a band had so many lineup changes, none of the original members were left.

EDIT: cheshire cat > dude ranch

I prefer cheshires rough edges over the clean cuttedness of dude ranch

Virus278
04-17-2005, 02:32 PM
I prefer cheshires rough edges over the clean cuttedness of dude ranch

That's a really good way of putting it

Pazz
04-17-2005, 04:52 PM
I prefer Cheshire Cat over Dude Ranch I think...

cobert
04-17-2005, 05:24 PM
That's a really good way of putting it

Except im almost sure "cuttedness" isnt a word. **** it, I used it anyways.

Virus278
04-17-2005, 08:32 PM

Did Travis ever have a wife/girlfriend name skylene because isn't that who Blink 182 dedicate "going away to college" to on the mark, tom, and travis show?

rexob
04-17-2005, 08:40 PM
Did Travis ever have a wife/girlfriend name skylene because isn't that who Blink 182 dedicate "going away to college" to on the mark, tom, and travis show?
i always thought that skylene was marks wife bc he sings it. but it could be travis

Independent_CA
04-17-2005, 10:45 PM
No, Mark's wife is Skye. He was just being a moron on that recording.

10571z
04-18-2005, 02:40 AM
yeh exactly he could say just sky he had to say skye lee to make it ryhme

plaidbassbilly
04-18-2005, 03:29 AM

Yeah, because if he just said "Skye" it wouldn't work in the song.
Oh, and I prefer Cheshire Cat over Dude Ranch, because I think I relate to it more.

the_uber_penguin
04-18-2005, 05:19 AM
Yeah, songs like "Sometimes" and "Wasting Time" are just awesome. I prefer the Buddha version of Carousel though.

Untitled
04-18-2005, 12:23 PM
He says skyeleen, which is the long name for skye.

Untitled
04-18-2005, 12:23 PM
Shes Marks wife.

cobert
04-18-2005, 01:55 PM
Marks wife is skye...but that doesnt rhyme with melody.

BOOYAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

benbenben
04-18-2005, 02:44 PM
Yeah, songs like "Sometimes" and "Wasting Time" are just awesome. I prefer the Buddha version of Carousel though.

one, two, three

Virus278
04-18-2005, 04:04 PM
Shes Marks wife.

oh, then how come at the end they say: "but you're so beautifuuuuul......to TRAVIS!!!"

cobert
04-18-2005, 04:46 PM
oh, then how come at the end they say: "but you're so beautifuuuuul......to TRAVIS!!!"

:confused: i thought they said something about an ***.

Untitled
04-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Hes saying "you so buetiful" then "to travis" as if hes saying travis is beautifull.

cobert
04-18-2005, 04:59 PM
Hes saying "you so buetiful" then "to travis" as if hes saying travis is beautifull.

Oh.......

dancetomdance182
04-18-2005, 05:20 PM
I don't think Mark would say that to Travis's wife.

Virus278
04-18-2005, 05:25 PM

sorry, i don't get what you're saying
- OH! - I think i just got it - do u mean he's like saying "but you're so beautiful too, Travis"
- as in the "too" meaning "also"

ChodaBoy
04-18-2005, 05:39 PM
I think thats what he was aiming for

Stew_Blink
04-18-2005, 06:27 PM
whoa, alot of that made no sense..but whatever, s'all good. I like M+M's from Chesire Cat and also Wasting Time, Cacaphony and Carousel. Most of the other songs are good to.

dancetomdance182
04-18-2005, 06:32 PM
What he's saying is..Travis is beautiful. Basically, the phrase you're so beautiful is for Travis. Obviously a sense of humor. I love their old songs.

Stew_Blink
04-18-2005, 06:35 PM
ahh yes, I understand now. I beleive Travis is beautiful also.. :naughty: I to, do love their older songs. I prefer them over the new stuff, although some of the new stuff is briliant. I'm listening to some of the Old School Blink stuff right now :p

Virus278
04-18-2005, 07:27 PM
What he's saying is..Travis is beautiful. Basically, the phrase you're so beautiful is for Travis. Obviously a sense of humor. I love their old songs.

oh, so when he says "to travis" he's like adressing the statement "you're so beautiful" to Travis?

hey, you're not cory!
04-18-2005, 08:13 PM
This was recently when I accidentally watched TRL.
HAHA, you just fell on the remote control and it came on, right? :lol:

Independent_CA
04-18-2005, 10:30 PM
Mark was just making a joke, leave it at that.

plaidbassbilly
04-19-2005, 04:41 AM
ahh yes, I understand now. I beleive Travis is beautiful also.. :naughty: I to, do love their older songs. I prefer them over the new stuff, although some of the new stuff is briliant. I'm listening to some of the Old School Blink stuff right now :p

Yeah, I like alot of the old stuff too. When people ask me if I like new or old I can never decide. If the s/t wasn't so good I'd have to go with old.

benbenben
04-19-2005, 04:53 AM
blink old stuff > blink new stuff

felch182
04-19-2005, 06:22 AM
Who do you guys prefer, travis barker or scott raynor. I like scott better imo. :cool:

Stew_Blink
04-19-2005, 01:40 PM
Travis is the better drummer no doubt there, but Scott had a rather amazing style to his drumming no matter how simplistic it was. He was almost like Dave Lombardo from Slayer..very simple drumming when you listen to it..but it was amazingly cool. I also think he liked to joke around more and that was cool. Travis on the other hand, is a cool guy and a great drummer..but I find he lacks in the comedy area. He talks to little (not really a bad thing) so you never really get to see what he's like. I havn't seen Meet The Barker's yet so I can't be sure of what he's like in that. Scott takes home the prize for this one, although Travis is deffinatly cool also.

dancetomdance182
04-19-2005, 03:25 PM
oh, so when he says "to travis" he's like adressing the statement "you're so beautiful" to Travis?

Yes! Travis is an awesome drummer, but he isn't the best.

dancetomdance182
04-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Travis is the better drummer no doubt there, but Scott had a rather amazing style to his drumming no matter how simplistic it was. He was almost like Dave Lombardo from Slayer..very simple drumming when you listen to it..but it was amazingly cool. I also think he liked to joke around more and that was cool. Travis on the other hand, is a cool guy and a great drummer..but I find he lacks in the comedy area. He talks to little (not really a bad thing) so you never really get to see what he's like. I havn't seen Meet The Barker's yet so I can't be sure of what he's like in that. Scott takes home the prize for this one, although Travis is deffinatly cool also.

Travis said that he doesn't want people to think one way of him, therefore he remains quiet. I mean I think if you really got to know Travis he is a dirty prankster like Tom and Mark.

Untitled
04-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Yes.

cobert
04-19-2005, 04:08 PM
scott > travis, except the drums on self titled = sexiness.

Stew_Blink
04-19-2005, 04:45 PM
Travis said that he doesn't want people to think one way of him, therefore he remains quiet. I mean I think if you really got to know Travis he is a dirty prankster like Tom and Mark.

Make's sense..although if it was me, I'd just do whatever..screw what people think lol.

dancetomdance182
04-19-2005, 06:41 PM
Make's sense..although if it was me, I'd just do whatever..screw what people think lol.

I guess Travis doesn't want to put a name to himself. He doesn't wanna be known as the dirty prankster like Tom and Mark. Because he has so many different sides of him Travis doesn't want people to know only one side of him.

ChodaBoy
04-19-2005, 06:42 PM
But would it hurt him to open his mouth sometimes?

Stew_Blink
04-19-2005, 06:49 PM
..If his jaw was wired shut..hehe :lol:

10571z
04-20-2005, 06:23 AM
yeh i love blink best band anyways.......

this weekend im sleeping over at this chicks house i like and just 1 second ago she goes oh guess whos comming and its my ex girlfriend who i got with at her house lol this is gunna be akward but funny and it could be a subject to right a song on

Black Dog
04-20-2005, 08:12 AM
blink 182 suck and they should all die

Agent_Orange
04-20-2005, 08:28 AM
I got a new blink shirt yesterday. It's the one with them on the front with the little smilly face logo on it.

Stew_Blink
04-20-2005, 08:42 AM
Sweet..I don't have any blink shirts..can't find any.

chumpradio
04-20-2005, 10:23 AM

this weekend im sleeping over at this chicks house i like and just 1 second ago she goes oh guess whos comming and its my ex girlfriend who i got with at her house lol this is gunna be akward but funny and it could be a subject to right a song on
Save this thread for Blink talk. The reason the original was closed was partly because people like you frequently talked about your lives and not Blink. There is a reason why we have a discussion thread.

benbenben
04-20-2005, 10:26 AM
someone at school today was saying how much blink haqd sold out.. do you agree?

chumpradio
04-20-2005, 10:30 AM
I hate the term "sold out".
In some peoples opinion they have.
But people need to understand that Blink don't want to release lots of cds that sound similar. They want to have different styles, they get bored of making the same sounding songs.

GoTeam
04-20-2005, 11:44 AM

have a threesome

Rancid Dan
04-20-2005, 11:45 AM
I love the end of 'Depends', 'Hey Scott...blah blah' etc...

I just listened to it full blast t confuse my family, it's hilarious

cobert
04-20-2005, 02:43 PM
have a threesome

I like this mans thinking.

dancetomdance182
04-20-2005, 04:08 PM
I like this mans thinking.

Niice

redrumsixsix6
04-20-2005, 07:36 PM
^^ haha
i read something on ultimate-guitar.com that travis was quoted something liek " blink-182 to me is something of the past. Im gonna let what happens ahppens." spmething like that, not exact wrods but same point. they better not break up! i never got to see them in concert! i want to so bad

10571z
04-20-2005, 07:49 PM
blink 182 suck and they should all die

again under 50 posts there so stupid. good idea about the threesome also

how many times has people seen blink 182 live here who supported

10571z
04-20-2005, 07:49 PM
ive seen them 2 times once with gyroscope and brand new and once with gyroscope and sparta

tinathefatlard
04-20-2005, 09:36 PM
hey somebody asked what the story behind "adam's song' was...well this one kid wrote to blink one day about killing himself so they wrote a song like dedicated to him...by the way...whats hecka weird/cool is that on mtv.com where you post about the bands this one guy named adam age 18 posted...i love blink they inspired me to live again..i was like..whoa...its him

GoTeam
04-20-2005, 09:50 PM
ive seen them 2 times once with gyroscope and brand new and once with gyroscope and sparta

i've seen them once with tbs and the used

Independent_CA
04-20-2005, 11:08 PM
have a threesome
Indeed you should my good lad.

10571z
04-21-2005, 07:01 AM

wat thats like the best support bands ever

redrumsixsix6
04-21-2005, 12:19 PM
hey somebody asked what the story behind "adam's song' was...well this one kid wrote to blink one day about killing himself so they wrote a song like dedicated to him...by the way...whats hecka weird/cool is that on mtv.com where you post about the bands this one guy named adam age 18 posted...i love blink they inspired me to live again..i was like..whoa...its him

ive heard two stories..........one about that kid but also i thoguht it was about adam.....i think was the first drummer who ever played with them and i think he commited suicide.......im pretty sure adam was the drummer in chesire cat

Untitled
04-21-2005, 12:24 PM
ive heard two stories..........one about that kid but also i thoguht it was about adam.....i think was the first drummer who ever played with them and i think he commited suicide.......im pretty sure adam was the drummer in chesire cat
Well you know nothing.

Scott Ranyor was the first drummer, he's still alive.

Adam was a kid who comited sucicide the band read about, also, its about how the band get lonely on tour and stuff.

redrumsixsix6
04-21-2005, 12:36 PM
^^well sorry.................im just saying what i heard somewhere.............and im almost possitve they had a drummer named adam at one point..maybe befor their first album

chumpradio
04-21-2005, 12:51 PM
^^well sorry.................im just saying what i heard somewhere.............and im almost possitve they had a drummer named adam at one point..maybe befor their first album
Nope.
No drummer called Adam.

Independent_CA
04-21-2005, 12:52 PM
You are positively wrong. Their very first demo was recorded at Scott's house and they played their first show with him.

Pazz
04-21-2005, 02:43 PM

My friend saw them in concert when TBS and The Used were supporting them. He went last year, when we weren't friends. I haven't got to see them yet but really hope I do if they get back together. They first concert they play in Toronto me and a bunch of friends are going to go. Now if they even get back together that's tjhe problem.

Pazz
04-21-2005, 02:44 PM

Yea, that's what I thought back when I was in grade 6 too.

/Waits to see if he understands what I said.(which he probably won't)

cobert
04-21-2005, 03:29 PM
My friend saw them in concert when TBS and The Used were supporting them. He went last year, when we weren't friends. I haven't got to see them yet but really hope I do if they get back together. They first concert they play in Toronto me and a bunch of friends are going to go. Now if they even get back together that's tjhe problem.

I saw TBS on that tour and thats what got me started on them. Now, tell all your friends is without a doubt my favorite pop-punk album.

Pazz
04-21-2005, 03:52 PM
I went to buy that album, but my local CD store didn't have it in.

dancetomdance182
04-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Here's an interview..it talks about blink releasing a greatest hits album, and a DVD this year.

I just copied and pasted the whole interview.

Here's an interview that Spooky2k did with Chris Georggin.

When can we expect to hear any type of material you record? Will u have early demos/previews?
I wont start recording till the end of may..im sure when things start rolling i will be updating the site more and let you all listen to some stuff we are working on...

Do you know of any cd that blink 182's cover of 'another girl, another planet' will be on, or anywhere we can hear it online(anywhere besides on tv basically)?
We will hopefully be releasing a greatest hits cd this year and plan on including the theme song to travis's show on there as a bonus along with a new dvd.

Question on everyones mind: Are blink 182 still together? If u can't or won't answer that, I understand and thank you for even reading it. Are there any plans for an official announcement reguarding rumours?
They are on a break right now..what that intails I have no clue...sorry.

On your forthcoming cd, will you have people collaberating with you?(such as members of blink/NFG etc)
Yes for sure..there will be some people from nfg, reggie, maybe yellowcard, we will see. the nfg gusy for sure but ill have to wait and see on other people onces i start the process..

How would i go about submitting my bands demo to JMB Records, or even Geffen?
contact them through the web..meaning jmb...as for geffen, not sure..

Pazz
04-21-2005, 04:00 PM
Pretty cool...

cobert
04-21-2005, 04:04 PM
greatest hits.....hmmm....I might buy it. Its will save me from making a mixtape (if its any good.)

MattSharpIsCool
04-21-2005, 05:22 PM
Yay a greatest hits. I'll have heard all of the songs on it, but oh well.

Virus278
04-21-2005, 06:25 PM

I don't think it was the same Adam cause I think the Adam who they dedicated the song to did comit suicide

Pazz
04-21-2005, 06:41 PM
I don't think it was the same Adam cause I think the Adam who they dedicated the song to did comit suicide

It was probably just a coincedence...or someone being a jackass

Stew_Blink
04-21-2005, 06:54 PM
I spose it will be a mystery for some time..at least the true story..

dancetomdance182
04-21-2005, 07:04 PM
What happened to Tom?

Stew_Blink
04-21-2005, 07:07 PM
He joined the circus..lol..what do you mean?

Virus278
04-21-2005, 07:09 PM
lol

GoTeam
04-21-2005, 09:32 PM

thats where i saw them. molson amphitheatre (sp?)

NnyTard
04-22-2005, 12:15 AM

yeah, i heard that they read the name out of a magazine article or something

dancetomdance182
04-22-2005, 04:33 AM
Mark and Travis atleast inform the media of what's happening. Mark and Travis seems to be active, but Tom isn't. I guess Tom had a huge part in blink taking a break.

Pazz
04-22-2005, 01:21 PM
thats where i saw them. molson amphitheatre (sp?)

Yea, I think that's where my friend went too. It was for his birthday and he took a couple of friends.

Independent_CA
04-22-2005, 01:54 PM
Mark and Travis atleast inform the media of what's happening. Mark and Travis seems to be active, but Tom isn't. I guess Tom had a huge part in blink taking a break.
Maybe Tom was tired of being in the media spotlight?

ChodaBoy
04-22-2005, 02:02 PM
I do think that it was Tom that caused the split, the past few years he seems to have changed. He had a desire to do more artistic things, i.e. directing for TBS

dancetomdance182
04-22-2005, 04:26 PM
I do think that it was Tom that caused the split, the past few years he seems to have changed. He had a desire to do more artistic things, i.e. directing for TBS

Yeah, and he seemed like he wanted to move blink to a new direction. He started dressing differently..etc.

NnyTard
04-23-2005, 12:14 AM
for the first time today, i saw riding in vans with boys for sale at a shop. it looked pretty mad... but i couldn't buy it as i had to save my money for a concert tonight

10571z
04-23-2005, 02:29 AM
sorta the logical thing is that mark and tom had a fight and mark is using plus 44 for revenage. pretty stupid

Untitled
04-23-2005, 02:57 AM
Marks not the sort of guy that would "seek revenge" he seems to nice. I think tom is just dosnt want to do that any more, where as mark and travis do, so the logical thing for them is to do is make a new band.

Stew_Blink
04-23-2005, 06:14 AM
Yeah, Tom has changed, that's for sure. He doesn't seem to be the same Tom from TOYPAJ and before.

felch182
04-23-2005, 07:25 AM
tom has gone fully emo. i really dont like full emos.

Independent_CA
04-23-2005, 01:15 PM
tom has gone fully emo. i really dont like full emos.
:lol: Yeah.

Whoever was asking about Riding in Vans With Boys, it's not bad for $20. Comes with stickers too.

dancetomdance182
04-23-2005, 03:45 PM
I liked Tom with short hair/hat, telling funny jokes, and playing Carousel.

10571z
04-23-2005, 05:57 PM
:lol: Yeah.

Whoever was asking about Riding in Vans With Boys, it's not bad for $20. Comes with stickers too.

watt!!!!!!!! mine didnt come with stickers. oh well. but its a awsome dvd. i love the bit

"it all fun and games till someone burns there arse to a crisp and it all black and the skin is falling off oh well i think ill go to my bus and watch sattelite have a good trip in the van"

MattSharpIsCool
04-23-2005, 08:24 PM
I really wanna see that DVD, but I dont think I wanna buy it. It seems like it would be funny the first few times, and after that, you'd know what was coming and it wouldnt be funny anymore.

10571z
04-23-2005, 11:00 PM
na actually ive watched it throught like 100 times and there also a special feature audio commentary. it tom mark and a few guys from kut u up watching the dvd and talking about it its pretty kool. and funny. its a good dvd. if i could go back in time i would by it again.

but it sorta gross when the go to a "alternative" bar and they kiss transvestites and yeh uno..... (guys from kut u up not blink 182)

plaidbassbilly
04-24-2005, 01:15 AM
Ha ha, I really want to see this DVD. One of my friends saw it and said it was disgusting, but you can sort of expect some weird stuff to happen with these bands!

N_I_M_R_O_D
04-24-2005, 04:58 AM
none because they have no musicAL talent what so ever
u need to clean ur ears and listen to thm an see how much they suck(alot) :lol: :smoke:

Sun Ray™
04-24-2005, 05:14 AM
none because they have no musicAL talent what so ever
u need to clean ur ears and listen to thm an see how much they suck(alot) :lol: :smoke:

Go away metal head.

Divine Drummer
04-24-2005, 09:27 AM
How come there are loads of Guitar and Bass blink 182 sheet music books but only 1 drum book. I want sheet music for their latest album!

ChodaBoy
04-24-2005, 09:29 AM
Theres a great invention called 'the internet'

Divine Drummer
04-24-2005, 10:02 AM
Theres a great invention called 'the internet'

Ok so where do I get Blink sheet music from and im not talking about tabs

Stew_Blink
04-24-2005, 10:25 AM
Ok so where do I get Blink sheet music from and im not talking about tabs
Do a google search..

Divine Drummer
04-24-2005, 10:29 AM
Do a google search..

what im saying is ive searched everywhere for them and theres none anywhere...

I guess i just shouldnt have posted anything

ChodaBoy
04-24-2005, 10:35 AM
Why not visit the drum section?

Stew_Blink
04-24-2005, 10:39 AM
ahh yes..try the drum section then..those people should know a thing or two about where to look for that stuff..I myself use tabs..there much like drum music.

mikethecoug
04-24-2005, 11:11 AM
blink 182 have done so many great songs, i went to see them last december, they put on one great show, the kinison got booed off, and sugarcult rawked.

ChodaBoy
04-24-2005, 11:11 AM
Where did you see them?

mikethecoug
04-24-2005, 11:21 AM
manchester - m.e.n. arena in england

ChodaBoy
04-24-2005, 11:22 AM
Coolio, I thought you did, thats why I asked.

Yeah, Kinison were too emo, the first support band they had the time before were better. I could sing along to them, even though it was only "Da Dum Da Dum"

mikethecoug
04-24-2005, 11:29 AM
Lol, the dude from kinison was touching his own *** all the time, my mate in the pit started the 'get off the stage chant'

ChodaBoy
04-24-2005, 11:32 AM
All I heard was "Gay" "You are Gay" "You fag", and others along that line.

mikethecoug
04-24-2005, 11:43 AM
Lol.. it was funny.

Untitled
04-24-2005, 11:59 AM
i saw them at the MEN too, i thaught the kinison was pretty good, sound better recorded though. Sugercult was good too.

ChodaBoy
04-24-2005, 12:01 PM
Seems strange that we wont see them live again :upset:

Untitled
04-24-2005, 12:03 PM
Stop moaning, weve seen them twice, we'll go watch plus 44 when they tour.

chumpradio
04-24-2005, 12:29 PM
I'll be there also. :cool:
Unless Plus 44 are really terrible and not good at all.

ChodaBoy
04-24-2005, 12:42 PM
Are you, Chump, the guy from Southport area?

I wish there was something on here that I could keep notes on, I always forget peoples names and where they are

Untitled
04-24-2005, 12:46 PM
I'll be there also. :cool:
Unless Plus 44 are really terrible and not good at all.
If there terrible im still going. I see it like this, they'll be playing the acadamy, bands go outside after wards and chat to fan, i meet mark :cool:

felch182
04-24-2005, 01:18 PM
i will not go to watch plus 44 if they are crap.

Untitled
04-24-2005, 01:20 PM
Choda - Yes.
And Jeeves - That is a mighty nice plan. If they played at the Liverpool Carling or Manchester Academy, then I'd go to either one. Except Mark and Travis would be so crowded and I probably wouldn't get to talk to them.
Thats why, we can meet up, and both have bin liners, and stand next to the door, so as soon as they come out, we cover them in the bag and run off with them.

ChodaBoy
04-24-2005, 01:24 PM
Hmm, yes. Kidnapping is a way to get them to like us

Untitled
04-24-2005, 01:26 PM
You never know, they might get a case of stockholme syndrome.

OMGz I UsD a BlnX Sng Ttle In my Pst HXC

ChodaBoy
04-24-2005, 01:29 PM
:rolleyes:

chumpradio
04-24-2005, 01:31 PM
:eek:
We can sell them on eBay, but train them to return to us afterwards. :cool:

ChodaBoy
04-24-2005, 01:33 PM
:lol: what a night out this will be. We kidnap 2 very famous people, and train them to find us all in one night

Untitled
04-24-2005, 01:39 PM
:eek:
We can sell them on eBay, but train them to return to us afterwards. :cool:
:eek: we could get lots of money. And we could use the same technique people who race pigeons use to make them come back to us.

the_uber_penguin
04-24-2005, 02:36 PM
:eek: we could get lots of money. And we could use the same technique people who race pigeons use to make them come back to us.

An internal compass plus a "return home" instint?

(Pidgeons aren't trained to return home, they do that whatever)