PDA

View Full Version : musician's friend sucks

atarisrock55
04-05-2005, 09:29 AM
hey i just got a standard blue agave telecaster off of musician's friend and it doesn't work. To be more specific I'm pretty sure the neck pick-up is screwed up because when I switch it on the guitar feedsback like a biyotch and even when it's on the bride pickup it can't get as loud as it should and I can't turn the gain up past 5 or so without it feeding back.

Musician's Friend said they can get it exchanged in two weeks, but I was hoping to use it for a gig on sunday (5 days from now). So what I want to know is if it's worth it just send it back. Is this problem easy to fix, like to the point that I could do it myself? Or if I took it to a store in town could it be fixed relatively inexpensively? What do you guys think?

overturned
04-05-2005, 09:30 AM
Send it back, you paid for a new guitar, you got a broken one.

Seamstander
04-05-2005, 09:34 AM
Rgr, send it back. Its better to wait a few weeks now than regret it the for the rest of your life.

atarisrock55
04-05-2005, 09:35 AM
Send it back, you paid for a new guitar, you got a broken one.

yeah I just really wanted to use it sunday, you think it wouldnt be worth it to try and fix it?

overturned
04-05-2005, 09:38 AM
yeah I just really wanted to use it sunday, you think it wouldnt be worth it to try and fix it?
By trying to fix it you void the warrenty and all returns policies.

MindlessPickle
04-05-2005, 09:40 AM
Well, if it's that important to have it done on sunday, you can atleast ask a store how much it would cost to repair it.

moaner
04-05-2005, 09:40 AM

ask your guitar shop if you can hire a guitar, and try and claim it back from MF later.

worth a shot.

Bluesman
04-05-2005, 09:43 AM
thats the prob with mail order companies. call MF and ask for a supervisor and explain your position. im sure they can accomondate you with an over niter. they may charge you twice but then give you the credit back when they get the bad one .

Doog
04-05-2005, 10:27 AM
I wouldn't upset with MF if this happened to me, I'd be more upset with Fender. Their quality control is usually pretty good, but its their responsibility to make sure that they sell a functioning product, MF doesn't play them at all.

Anyways, I'm sure you could find a way to get a working Tele by Sunday at no extra cost.

xhaereticusx
04-05-2005, 10:27 AM
Anytime I have delt with Musicans Freind, they always take stuff back ...... ?
Please learn how to read.

Fender33333
04-05-2005, 10:58 AM
I wouldn't buy guitars and other high priced objects off the internet, buy them in person, get your strings and crap off MF though, saves you the trouble of broken products.

Idle Mind
04-05-2005, 11:10 AM
I wouldn't buy guitars and other high priced objects off the internet, buy them in person, get your strings and crap off MF though, saves you the trouble of broken products.
I disagree, make sure you buy from a reputable site and realise you will have more trouble if something goes wrong, but I wouldn't rule out online buying because of that.

I bought my amp online and saved over 100 from the minimum price the shop in town could offer it for.

Fender33333
04-05-2005, 11:39 AM
I disagree, make sure you buy from a reputable site and realise you will have more trouble if something goes wrong, but I wouldn't rule out online buying because of that.

I bought my amp online and saved over 100 from the minimum price the shop in town could offer it for.
Well, theres a shop in my town that beats MF's price on everything except for on strings, saves on shipping too. I really only order effects, spare parts, strings, ECT. from MF anymore, my first guitar was from MF btw... I'm not much into taking chances though.

Insomnidizzle
04-05-2005, 12:09 PM
use it anyway. Just explain to the audience that MF is bad people and they sent you a bad egg. They'll understand.

Echleon
04-05-2005, 12:13 PM
use it anyway. Just explain to the audience that MF is bad people and they sent you a bad egg. They'll understand.

I'd rather play a Working uncool, crappy guitar, than play a broken, cool, amazing guitar.

Insomnidizzle
04-05-2005, 12:21 PM
I'd rather play a Working uncool, crappy guitar, than play a broken, cool, amazing guitar.

LOLz what do you know? It's about looking cool.

thisistj
04-05-2005, 12:22 PM
amen

Daniel K
04-05-2005, 12:22 PM
Musicians friend sucks because they sent you a defective guitar?

Yeah, ok.

BleachWars125
04-05-2005, 01:13 PM
telecaster pickups are noisey anyway

Against Miik!
04-05-2005, 01:14 PM
Musicians Friend website always freezing my computer for about 30 seconds. So yes, they do suck.

Seamstander
04-05-2005, 01:16 PM
telecaster pickups are noisey anyway

Well, yeah, but not THAT noisy. Plus,a noise gate properly adjusted takes care of this very nicely.

Hat
04-05-2005, 01:30 PM
That's not their fault, it's the fault of the warehouse that stocks all the equipment. Zzounds and Music123 use the same warehouse as them I think.

ForeverSilent004
04-05-2005, 01:34 PM
Musicians Friend website always freezing my computer for about 30 seconds. So yes, they do suck.
you just suck at computers

call MF and explain, they dont want to lose a customer

Thurstan
04-05-2005, 05:13 PM
you just suck at computers

call MF and explain, they dont want to lose a customer

Yeah, tell them you'll slag them off on music forums, so they lose lots of customers... it's worth a try...

Cybergasm
04-05-2005, 05:27 PM
I don't think it's really worth it to buy online. You really can never tell what you're getting. If you liked a guitar in a store and it's cheaper online it's still better to get it at the store.

1.)The guitar online is not guaranteed to play like the guitar you liked. Guitar sound and feel is affected by their enviroment.

2.)There is no guarantee that it will work!

My two cents... as for your guitar... rent a fender from a shop and ask MF to make-up for the costs. I doubt you will have any problem getting a new guitar from them, the timing could be an issue.