PDA

View Full Version : Rg350ex

ThisGuy
02-22-2005, 07:21 PM
I originally was going to get an rg1570 but unfortutenally, they ran out the very day I was going to order it. :upset: I had to settle for an rg350.

So I finally recieved my 2005 rg350ex on saturday. First of all I got to say that the guitar is extremely sexy. I stared at it for about 30 minutes before I even played it. The guitar was cosmetically perfect except one of the shark tooth inlays looks as if it was cracked but it isn't when it is felt. It must be cracked underneath the plastic clear coating of the inlay. The pickguard is slightly metallic and it isn't reflective but **** does it look good. It kind of looks like a six string universe with shark tooth inlays. It's a shame I don't have a digital camera so I can share some pictures. In terms of appearance I give it a 10/10

The neck is very nice and smooth. This guitar practically plays itself. I seriously was able to pull some things off that I wasn't able to do with my old cheap GAX70. It must be the combination of the thiner neck and the jumbo frets. The factory action was perfect with no fret buzz so I didn't have adjust it. It wasn't too low or too high which is just the way I like it. The all access joint was a god send since I'm used to playing with the Gax70's bulky neck joint. I'd give the neck a 9/10.

The new pickups are now INF3 (neck), INFS (Middle), and INF4 (bridge). Formally the low end rg's were stock with powersounds and my old guitar has powersound pickups so I could easily compare them. The first thing I noticed is that these new pickups distort easily so they must have high outputs. They won't distort unless you want them too. They'll generally stay clean if you don't hit the strings hard but they will give you a nice crunch if you hit the strings with enough force. The bridge pickup sounds like it's in the mid and treble side compared to the powersounds on my other guitar. The single coil is very buzzy and it's almost unusualble while using distortion due to the buzz unless you have a noise gate. It sound nice while in the clean channel though. The neck pickups is very bassy but in a good way. The guitar's sustain wasn't as good as my Gax70's sustain but that's probably due to the floating bridge so it isn't the pickups. I'd give the pickups a 6/10 or 7/10

I was very disapointed with the trem at first. It wouldn't stay in tune at all. Then I took the time to figure out how to give it a good setup and it turns out that the bridge was way too high so I adjusted the springs and it turned out that I had to also retune it using tunning pegs on the headstock. This was alot trouble for me since this is my first floating trem. When I opened the trem cavity, it looked as if the put too much paint it was still a bit wet so I wiped off the remaining wet paint with a napkin. In the end I was able to place the trem parallel with the body like it should be. I got it in perfect tune and I played the guitar for 30 minutes without doing pullups or divebombs. I pluged in the guitar to my tuner and it was still fairly tuned. So then it was time to check the stability of the trem when doing dive bombs and pull ups. First I did a few pull ups and I check the tuning. Every string went slightly sharp and but not that notisable while playing. I retuned it and then did a few divebombs. This only made all the strings slightly flat and not that notisable either. I noticed that if you wigle the bar right over the middle of the bridge for a less than a sec, it wil go back to perfect tune even after a bunch off dive bombs and pullups. Over all pretty please with this new trem. I'll probably give it the locking stud mod when I get the money though. I'd give the trem an 8/10 since there's definetaly room for improvement.

In average the guitar is an 8/10

EDIT: I have recently gave it better setup now that I know what I'm doing. Now it will stay in pefect tune after dive bombs.

moaner
02-23-2005, 11:00 AM
stared at it for about 30 minutes before I even played it.

:amaze:

thats a bit weird, man.

ThisGuy
02-23-2005, 05:41 PM
maybe I exaggerated a bit :p
Just 5 minutes actually. I had to take it though since it was to sexy for it's box. :naughty: