PDA

View Full Version : Ibanez AFS75T

LewsTherin
01-16-2005, 05:12 PM
The Ibanez AFS75T is a thin-line hollowbody guitar. I've had mine for 6 months or so. I bought it, new, at Guitar Center for $380USD.

The AFS75T is constructed of all maple, with a set-in mahogany neck and rosewood fingerboard with rectangle inlay, cream binding, and chrome hardware, including a liscenced Bigsby roller trem tailpeice.

Even though this guitar is 'thin-line', it doesnt sound that way. Unplugged, it competes well with full-sized acoustics. This does, however, create one problem: I cannot practice with this guitar late at night, everyone in my house can hear it.

This guitar has 2 Ibanez humbuckers, with a 3-way selector (neck-both-bridge), 2 volume and 2 tone controls. The electronics could be better. The volume knobs affect the tone somewhat, and some of the pots are scratchy. Other than that, however, this instruments tone is great. Very warm. It doesnt get overly heavy sounding, however, and it does feedback alot (Imean, it IS a hollowbody).

The Bigsby works great, and the tuners keep in tune for a good amount of time, even with heavy use of the trem.

Visually, this thing is a knockout. It is available in semi-transparent red (which is kinda ugly, IMO), semitransparent blue (which I own....very sexy) and turquoise. The entire body, neck, and headstock is bound with cream binding, but the 'binding' on the heel is painted on. Everything (body neck and headstock) is finished the same color.
The red and blue come with 3-ply black/white/black pickguards and the turqoise comes with white/black/white. Everyone who sees my guitar comments on how damn sexy it is.

As for playability, the AFS75T is almost a dream out of the box. The action is a little high to start, but that is easily adjusted. The neck isn't the fastest thing around, especially with the gloss stain, but it is still very, very comfortable. There are no comfort cutouts, and the body is really wide (it wouldnt fit in a normal guitar gigbag), so it may take a little getting used to if you usually play something like a Strat, but its really light, and still really comfortable.

Overall, I give this guitar a ~4.5 out of 5.
Any questions may be directed to atmay@hotmail.com

Supern00b
01-16-2005, 05:22 PM
yo, an irrelevant question, but wat is the best wah pedal and tremolo pedal out there?

LewsTherin
01-16-2005, 05:55 PM
yo, an irrelevant question, but wat is the best wah pedal and tremolo pedal out there?

a) Dunlop Crybaby 535Q

b) no idea

unclebobscircus
01-21-2005, 01:14 PM
I want to eventually get a guitar like this. And I think the red looks sexy. Good review.