PDA

View Full Version : Schecter - C4 XXX Bass

neopistol
01-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Schecter C4-XXX Bass
Price: $469.99

I got this Bass after I got my $200 for Christmas. I traded in my Squire P-bass along with my money to get this bass. How does this Bass play? It is one of the best I have played for the price.

This Schecter C4-XXX has a loud tone, a metal-ish sound, so don't expect to be playing Blues/Jazz music with this one. But with so many different knobs (4), it can create many types of sounds: metal, rock, punk, alternative and many others to name a few. The sound is nice and loud. It also works great for slap - the EMG pickups that come with it help it out a lot for slapping. Also, there are beautiful inlays in it - they're shapes of woman, also why it is named the C4-XXX. It is a nice black color, and is very shiny so thumb prints show easily, but a napkin and a little liquid will do the trick.

This sounds so much better than the Basses in the Guitar Center that were in the 450 - 550 price range. It has 4 knobs, the maple neck is nice and fast and with 24 frets, you get a lot of great notes. The S-Tek bridge that comes with it is okay, but that is minor. A great choice for a 2nd/3rd Bass.

Pros
24 frets
Great look
Nice metal-ish tone, can play any type of hard rock
Nice fast neck

Cons
Bridge could be replaced
A little ringing in the strings, but mostly every Bass has this

Score: 4.5/5

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/51/513120.jpg
(The C4-XXX has different inlays than this, but I couldn't find a pic so this will do)

blizzard
01-03-2005, 05:09 AM
nice review, i like the inlays on it, i have to try it when i'm in the music store next time.

esp_bassist19
01-11-2005, 09:26 PM
i tried a c-4 at guitar center it looked different than that but i fell in love with everythign about it and the one that i used was the colest lookin thing ever

CrookedFingers
01-24-2005, 11:02 PM
Schecter's stuff is great. I'm surprised people don't recomend them more often.

milldogga
02-19-2005, 10:34 PM
I've been reading reviews on Schecter basses and have heard all good things about them so far. I'm thinking about buying the stiletto elite 5-string, I play a wide variety of music, but my band plays progressive rock. Would that be a good investment?
Thanks.

Chirokana_Panx
03-14-2005, 01:53 PM
I got my Schecter C-4 few weeks ago and I can tell you It's great. Never played bass like this one. Great EMG passive pickups, bass & treble EQ, fast rosewood fretboard, great look and punchy sound makes it hell of a bass.

JamesXKillXyou
03-18-2005, 04:49 PM
do they make them in left handed, first of all im new to this forum and i cant post threads i really wanted to post anyone know good left handed guitars in the price 450 550 price range deal. im looking for a harder sound but also something that can go jazzy too if not then ill fix that on my sliders. i have a way decent ampeg combo the b2r combo its the b2re head only with a 1x 15 and a horn im looking something to power through it nicely.

JamesXKillXyou
03-18-2005, 08:09 PM
sad thing is i found a left handed version only its 700 and has the same specs. EMG pickups sane type of fret boards and 4 tone controls with the 2 band active eq the balancer and vol knobs. heh gay. us left handers really get reemed huh?