PDA

View Full Version : Dillion guitars

acrowleftomurder
11-28-2004, 02:28 PM
Has anyone ever heard of these guitars or tried them out. they are pretty nice looking and i think they would sound great with some seymour duncans or dimarzios the website is www.dillionguitars.com the one i am looking at is the dr1500. :thumb:

overturned
11-28-2004, 02:30 PM
looks really nice, especially in trans black but i've never had any epierience with them

Led Guitar
11-28-2004, 03:08 PM
There not good, get an Agile, trust me.

headshrinker
11-28-2004, 03:25 PM
I never like compnaies who jsut rip off other ppl and charge loads of money. For starts guitars then yeah but others wise wots the point jsut get a proper one!

acrowleftomurder
11-30-2004, 03:11 PM
bump could some more people please give me an opionion on this instead of ignoring it

Motorheadache
11-30-2004, 07:39 PM
Hey Mate, Ive had a dillion for about 4 years now. I play a Dillion DSE-533 Through a vintage fender twin reverb. Its a pretty solid guitar. I was looking at an epiphone dot at the time, totally killed it in playability and tone-wise, even with the factory pickups! Ive notice only a subtle difference in tone with its Gibson 533 counterpart. I use it mostly for bluegrass, blues and rock. Recently I changed the stock pickups on my dillion with some vintage gibson PAF humbuckers. Dont let the "handmade in korea" label fool you, these are quality guitars. I was happy with my purchase back then and still am. Ill stop rambling here.

Now im not telling you to definatly go out and buy a Dillion, but consider checking one out, giving it a good jam, and try it out through *YOUR* amp.

If you need more opinions check out some of the Dillion reviews on www.harmony-central.com
Cheers!

ledzep66
11-30-2004, 08:47 PM
yea get an agile they are much better

ledzep66
11-30-2004, 08:48 PM
agile guitars (www.rondomusic.com)

have fun

Steve Vai
11-30-2004, 08:54 PM
Has anyone ever heard of these guitars or tried them out.Questions end with question marks, n00b f00l.

Chipwich88
11-30-2004, 08:55 PM
meet the dillion to end all other, http://www.vg-8.com/Members/aure/super-paul

foghorn
11-30-2004, 08:57 PM
didnt they make a prs tremonti lookalike?

Shinedownrocker
11-30-2004, 09:37 PM
no that was tokai

100 posts **** yea(sorry i feal retarded)

acrowleftomurder
12-01-2004, 12:16 AM
hey steve vai for all i care you can eat sh$t and die. your just a self rightous jackass who believes just because you have nothing else to do with your life but sit around on a guitar forum that thats all that any other musician does. i spend all of the time your sitting around here playing my guitar i have been playing for a **** long time so don't call me a ****ing noob

iamtheking
12-01-2004, 01:11 AM
I tried a black les paul look-alike by dillion and surprisingly it sounded on par with epiphone and very near a gibson one....You should try them out.

A Beautiful Letdown
12-01-2004, 04:46 AM
yea, ive been looking at dillion guitars lately, i like how it says "hand polished frets." mmm.

Motorheadache
12-01-2004, 07:06 PM
heh, they are quality guitars acrowleftomurder, dont hesitate to go and try one. And to be honest, i never really understood the hype with agiles. :/

Chop Suey!
12-01-2004, 07:11 PM
Why dont you guys get the original instead of some knock-off...

LostInSomewhere
12-01-2004, 08:18 PM
speaking of agile's.. they got some FINE-looking new axes there...
http://www.rondomusic.net/ps900chrome.html

**** im gettin one of those bastards!!!

mrcarter
12-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Let's see, where to start?
Well first off, the grammar-nazi can piss off, this is a forum, not a final.
Secondly, Dillion's are indeed solid made guitars, their Korean models are quite good, ranging up a bit higher then Mexican Fenders I'd say. The Vietnamese models, not so much though. Furthermore, don't buy one of the lucite ones because you think they look cool. Aside from destroying your back, they lack tone in any way, shape, or form. Only problem I have with Dillions is their necks. It's not really the shape or size, but the clear coat finish they use is really slow. Strip that sucker down and wipin' it with tung (or linseed, both are fine) oil should fix that though.
Lastly, I recall hearing from some place or another that Dillion was actually started by the same companie that owned Tokai, which has since changed hands though. Just thought it might be useful to know, not sure how though.
Their Teles and PResques are the one I have the most experience with and they're pretty consistent construction wise. Good buy for the price, that's for sure though.
-Aaron

acrowleftomurder
12-01-2004, 11:20 PM
Thanks alot for the good advice. i have a couple things to say to some of you.chop suey being the main one. you go one about buying the original but what kind of guitar do you play. prs isn't the top model for that style the McNaught guitars are made 100x as well and sound 100x better. prs are just factory made nowadays by a maching just like most companies. McCarter thanks alot for the advice i had heard that about the neck thats why i'm ordering the natural version of the guitar taking the finish off and then buying my paint and finish from warmoth and redoing it to my specs.Motorheadache thanks i like hearing from some musicians who will actually judge by sound and not by pricetag. and to go on that by the time i'm done with the upgrades the pricetag will be nothing to laugh at. and one final thing for all of the people harping about agile i have played them they are the most low quality instruments i have ever played. i really doubt half of you have tried them out and just go along because some claim they sound and play good.

dmatryxx
01-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Hey i'll tell ya what, I own a Dillion "Les Paul" #3 of 8 made of clear Lexan and that bitch sounds and plays better than anything I have owned before or played with, ever. I absolutely love it. John Dillion is the man!! Hell yeah dude...buy one!!! Craig, Potsdam, NY

zombie autopilot
01-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Don't bumb year old threads.

gillygan
01-08-2006, 02:32 PM
ya why does this keep happenin?

idiots