View Full Version : Removing the vocal tracks?
11-25-2004, 06:28 PM
How would you remove the vocal tracks for a song, mp3 format?
11-26-2004, 03:25 AM
winamp has a "karaoke" plug-in that does this
i've never tried it...im sure it's not perfect
www.analogx.com has some audio apps (free, small downloads) and he has some kind of voice remover too..
not sure...never tried either of them.
i doubt you'll ever get a 'perfect' vocal-removal thingy unless you have the original multi-tracked recordings
if you do try those out tho, let us know how they work
11-26-2004, 03:45 AM
Imagine you had a painting... How would you go about removing everything pink on the picture?
It's not possible to remove the vocals from a track properly. The only way is eq'ing the frequencies that are normally used by vocals.. Wich.. is in the same range as the eq for guitars
11-26-2004, 07:36 AM
I've the winamp 'karaoke' plug-in before. Its pretty crap, some of the lower quality mp3's sounded like literally nothing.
11-26-2004, 09:24 PM
1. Open the audio track in an audio edit program such as cool edit.
2. Select just the right channel, the entire song but just the right channel.
3. In Cool Edit, in the Tranform menu there is an option called 'Invert'. There may be something similar in other programs under a differnt name.
Invert just the right channel.
4. Cut this now inverted right channel.
5. Select the entire left hand channel.
6. Go to the Edit menu and select 'Mix Paste'
7. Make sure that Overlap(mix) is selected and hit OK.
8. Convert the whole song into the single mono file.
The vocals should be gone, or pretty near to gone. They still may be there but the majority of them should be gone.
11-26-2004, 09:41 PM
Thank you... Time to download a little program called "Cool Edit"
11-27-2004, 07:52 PM
cool edit is now called Adobe Audition
11-28-2004, 06:46 AM
You could try reversing the phase of the recording and overlapping them. This probably won't work in stuff like rock music, but there's a chance. You could try it out.
11-28-2004, 06:30 PM
or..before you play the track...just think really hard
"i wish the vocals would magically be gone"
and then press play....
you might be surprised
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.