PDA

View Full Version : Judas Priest

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Riva
11-23-2004, 03:27 PM
Ok, so let's discuss Judas Priest. Starting out in the '70s, Judas Priest are often credited with inventing the genre of Speed Metal. They have released several definitive albums, including their debut album Rocka Rolla, 1988's Ram It Down (http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5419537&postcount=10), and 1990's Painkiller (http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5425701&postcount=29), as well as excellent albums in the form of British Steel and Screaming For Vengeance.

The have recently announced a new album, as yet untitled, due to be realesed on 28 December. It is the first since "Painkiller" to feature Rob Halford on vocals, thereby bringing back the classic line-up of Halford/Tipton/Downing/Hill/Travis.

So, anything about Priest... favourite albums, tidbits of info, reviews of the new CD when it comes out; put it all in here. :thumb:

So, my favourite song is easily Hard As Iron. What's yours?

Edit: Alright, so it appears that Priest's new album was delayed somewhat. However, seeing as it is going to be released soon, I asked for, and was granted permission to bump this thread, along with some new information.

The album is entitled Angel Of Retribution, and will be released:

February 28 - Europe
March 1st - Rest Of The World

Hopefully, this new release will bring in a lot of new fans, especially since it features the classic line-up. As such, I recommend also checking out "Living After Midnight", the greatest hits of the classic Priest.

Also, seeing as Frail is yet to return to the forums, this thread may experience a plummet into the voids of obscurity (page 5 and beyond). So, any Priest fans on the forum, knuckle down and keep this thing alive. :thumb:

^Dream~Theater^
11-23-2004, 03:28 PM
Painkiller!!
First time i heard that song it blew me right away, the guitar work is amazing.

Silenius
11-23-2004, 03:29 PM
Good band, I like British Steel, it's the only thing I've heard from them so far.

Xybex
11-23-2004, 03:36 PM
Yes. Priest are a great band. They must be ranked as on of the grandaddys of metal along with Black Sabbath. British Steel is an excellent album as is Hell bent for leather.

Don't be put off by the fact that on most pictures they seem to be dressed like the leather loving bloke out of the Village People. They rock.

Brew
11-23-2004, 03:38 PM
Rob Halford comes from the same town I do (Walsall)

The Priest are great, I can't wait for the new album.

Riva
11-23-2004, 03:38 PM
Good band, I like British Steel, it's the only thing I've heard from them so far.

Try getting Ram It Down. Quite the awesome album. Hell Bent For Leather and Turbo are also excellent.

Silenius
11-23-2004, 03:46 PM
I will. :thumb:

thickasabrick
11-23-2004, 03:52 PM
im a big fan of judas priest..i don't have any of their albums though.

they were certainly a contributer to the whole metal scene leading into the eighties.

SLATANIC-666
11-23-2004, 04:45 PM

I live about 10 minutes away from Walsall, to be honest I live nearer Wolverhampton but if you drive really quick i suppose you could get to walsall in 10 minutes(M6 J10 of course).
Anyway, Judas Priest, well I know some of their stuff but not much but I respect them since they are arguably one the biggest heavy metal influences and the songs that I do know by them I like.

Broken Arrow
11-23-2004, 04:54 PM
My dad has British Steel, and 4 others I cant recall on viynl. :cool:

PoliticallyIncorrectMetalhead
11-23-2004, 04:55 PM
Painkiller or Stained Glass.

Zortalk
11-23-2004, 05:44 PM
Rob Halford is just plain amazing, I recommend buying/listening to/stealing/downloading any of his solo work, it is awesome.

Corporal Compendia
11-23-2004, 06:19 PM
I love the 70's Priest.
Sad Wings of Destiny, Stained Class, and Sin after Sin are all great freakin' albums!

Painkiller is awesome as well... such good riffage and soloage on that album.

Quiksilver26
11-23-2004, 06:21 PM
i just got British Steel, Screaming For Vengeance, Sad Wings Of Destiny, Hellbent For Leather, Unleashed In The East, and Stained Class from my friend on vinyl for like 4 bucks.

Zortalk
11-23-2004, 06:22 PM
What do you all think of the Ripper Owen Years?

Corporal Compendia
11-23-2004, 06:22 PM
^^^ Unleashed in the East may very well be the best live album EVER!

Zortalk
11-23-2004, 06:24 PM
True Dat Playa

Corporal Compendia
11-23-2004, 06:24 PM
The Ripper albums aren't too great... Jugulator wasn't too bad, but Demolition stinks in comparison to the rest, as sad as it is to say.

Zortalk
11-23-2004, 06:28 PM
No More Owen's though... Halford is back with Judas Priest.

They were phenominal at Ozzfest... and I really can't wait for there new CD.

Corporal Compendia
11-23-2004, 06:29 PM
I saw Priest on an Off Fest date... they were great, but Halford was absolutely TERRIBLE for Painkiller.

Zortalk
11-23-2004, 06:31 PM
Where were you for that?

Halford was amazing during the whole night, I would have loved to be at the ozzfest where Halford subsituted Ozzy...

That.... Would... Have.... Been.... Bliss...

Corporal Compendia
11-23-2004, 06:44 PM
I was in Toronto... everything but Painkiller was great. The acoustic Diamonds and Rust was too good.

Kurtz
11-23-2004, 07:19 PM
Stained Glass.
*Stained Class.

Riva
11-23-2004, 11:42 PM
Yeah, Ripper wasn't as good as Halford. I am really happy that he is back with them, and I cannot wait for the new CD. I wonder what it will be called...

rising_fury
11-24-2004, 12:54 AM
gotta love the priest, it's the law

Riva
11-24-2004, 01:35 AM
gotta love the priest, it's the law

Yeah, this is one law you don't wanna be breakin'. :p

Riva
11-24-2004, 09:12 PM
So, what do you reckon the new album will be called?

Cipher Hour
11-24-2004, 09:19 PM
Judas Priest - Kickin' your *** since 1970

Hmm...or maybe they should call the album:

Judas Priest - Turn down the suck, turn up the awesome!

:thumb:

Riva
11-24-2004, 09:27 PM
Judas Priest - Kickin' your *** since 1970

Hmm...or maybe they should call the album:

Judas Priest - Turn down the suck, turn up the awesome!

:lol: I like the way you think. :)

MetalNightBodomNight
11-24-2004, 09:52 PM
have they done painkiller yet lol.

Cipher Hour
11-24-2004, 10:27 PM
:lol: I like the way you think. :)

Heh, I got more where that came from. :thumb:

Riva
11-25-2004, 02:21 PM
I'm suprised Frail hasn't posted something in here yet...

Brew
11-25-2004, 02:25 PM
I love the 70's Priest.
Sad Wings of Destiny, Stained Class, and Sin after Sin are all great freakin' albums!

Painkiller is awesome as well... such good riffage and soloage on that album.

Sin After Sin is fantastic, the first Priest album that I heard :thumb:

11-25-2004, 02:26 PM
Just ordered Sad Wings of Destiny. They don't have Halford in that one right?

moaner
11-25-2004, 02:27 PM
anyone else like the film "rock star"? it was about them, true story.

Brew
11-25-2004, 02:28 PM
anyone else like the film "rock star"? it was about them, true story.

Wasn't it about Tim Owen's life?

Lord Abortion
11-25-2004, 02:38 PM
painkiller is a fantastic album

Riva
11-25-2004, 04:10 PM
Just ordered Sad Wings of Destiny. They don't have Halford in that one right?

Yes, Halford sings vocals on that album. It is the album's after Painkiller that Halford left and was replaced by Ripper Owens.

And I'm not sure that Rock Star was based on Judas Priest. Don't know though.

11-25-2004, 06:33 PM
^^^^^ No it is. It was on 100 Most Metal Moments.

Riva
11-25-2004, 08:23 PM
^^^^^ No it is. It was on 100 Most Metal Moments.

Oh, ok. I didn't see that, so I didn't know. I'll be sure to watch it again, then. :thumb:

hafez
11-25-2004, 08:25 PM
grew up with their music. amazing band. glenn tipton is a really underrated guitarist

fleakeepr666
11-25-2004, 08:33 PM
Priest is awesome. My fave song has to be Electric Eye, great riff.

Riva
11-25-2004, 08:43 PM
Priest is awesome. My fave song has to be Electric Eye, great riff.

I love how they wrote The Hellion to blend in to the start. :D

And yes, Glenn should get more credit then he does. He comes up with some awesome stuff.

Dream_Theater
11-25-2004, 10:37 PM
I just got British Steel. That album is AWESOME. I also got Ram It Down, and the Priest cover of Johnny B. Goode still isn't old: I've listened to it 58 times! In two weeks!

Riva
11-27-2004, 05:49 PM
Yes! Ram It Down is my favourite album!

But anyway, what does everyone reckon has the best vocals by Rob. My pick is Hard As Iron.

ToRidTheDisease
11-27-2004, 05:49 PM
What CD is The Ripper on? That's my fave Priest song.

guitarded_chuck
11-27-2004, 05:54 PM
Judas Priest + Black Sabbath @ Ozzfest = Best performances of '04.

Riva
11-27-2004, 06:02 PM
What CD is The Ripper on? That's my fave Priest song.

It is off Sad Wings Of Destiny, their second album. Quite a good one, but not as good as the debut.

Judas Priest + Black Sabbath @ Ozzfest = Best performances of '04.

I wish we had Ozzfest in Aus. :(

Hitroshimite
11-27-2004, 07:10 PM
It is off Sad Wings Of Destiny, their second album. Quite a good one, but not as good as the debut.

Rocka Rolla better than Sad Wings of Destiny?

Are you high? lol

Chop Suey!
11-28-2004, 03:05 PM
Hey, what songs would you recommend to get into judads priest?

Brew
11-28-2004, 03:06 PM
Next March the Priest are coming to the UK!

:D

Riva
11-28-2004, 09:55 PM
Hey, what songs would you recommend to get into judads priest?

Try out stuff like "You've Got Another Thing Coming", "Ram It Down", "Screaming For Vengeance", "Grinder", "The Ripper", "Raw Deal", "Breaking The Law" and "Solar Angels". That is all earlier priest. :thumb:

Riva
11-29-2004, 03:55 PM

Where did you get that info from?!? I thought they hadn't released the tour dates yet!

ToRidTheDisease
11-29-2004, 03:56 PM
Who sings in The Ripper? I heard it wasn't Halford.

Brew
11-29-2004, 04:15 PM
Where did you get that info from?!? I thought they hadn't released the tour dates yet!

www.judaspriest.com

They were announced last Friday, tickets go on sale soon.

Riva
11-29-2004, 04:17 PM
Well, Halford wrote the a lot of the Album, and I have never noticed that the vocals sounded 'un-halford' like.

Are you sure you don't mean Tim "The Ripper" Owens who was their vocalist during the '90s?

Riva
11-29-2004, 04:19 PM
Ah... I haven't checked there for a few weeks. Cool.

Oh.... No Australasia region for me. :(

downpaymentblues
12-01-2004, 11:20 AM
"Victim of Changes" is by far the best Priest songs ever.

Sonicgaz
12-07-2004, 04:35 AM
whoooooooooooooo just ordered tickets for london,manchester,birmingham and belfast........ :p
2005 is gonna be a great year

Riva
12-07-2004, 04:42 AM
Wow! I forgot this thread existed... haha.

Glad to hear it mate! I wish I could see them. :(

Ah well, maybe they'll tour Aus soon. :D

kolin666
12-07-2004, 04:48 AM

yea but at more than £30 a ticket, it seems quite alot

MattyBlade
12-07-2004, 04:53 AM
I saw Priest on an Off Fest date... they were great, but Halford was absolutely TERRIBLE for Painkiller.

How can you say that, i was at the toronto off fest show (accompanied avec slayer as an opener) and priest were phenomenal. Better than the recording .. and me trying to sing like him totally killed my vocals hahaha he had such a BOOMING scream! it was awesome.

CreepingBlack
12-07-2004, 07:02 AM
best solo ever= electric eye.

kolin666
12-07-2004, 09:27 AM
wots there bets albums?

Brew
12-07-2004, 09:38 AM
So...

...today my 'kin Judas Priest tickets came! :D

March 19th, Brum NEC, 'Priest and The Scorpions, standing tickets.

I can't wait, its about a week after my 17th b'day aswell :D

And for the record, its OZZfest not OFFfest.

Sonicgaz
12-07-2004, 05:24 PM
:thumb: cya there m8.......its gonna be great. :thumb:

naboo
12-07-2004, 05:47 PM
I saw them live at Ozzfest this year. Absolutley amazing. My favorite song would have to be Tyrant. Very underated and it's a brilliant song too.

Riva
01-11-2005, 01:53 AM
Bump'd to provide coverage for when they release the new album. See my first post for the edit.

Iron Turtle
01-11-2005, 03:17 AM
Who sings in The Ripper? I heard it wasn't Halford.

"The Ripper" is from the 1976 Priest album "Sad Wings of Destiny." Halford is the vocalist. I think whoever told you that Halford didn't sing it is confused because Tim Owen's nickname is 'Ripper.'

"The Ripper" is one of my favorite Priest tunes even though it is very short (2:49 I think.) Mercyful fate does a pretty cool cover of "The Ripper." As you can imagine, King Diamond's voice fits the range and the subject of this song very well. Iced Earth also covers the song although I prefer Mercyful Fates' version. Of course, the original is still the best.

I've said this before, I'm saying it now, and I'll probably say it again: Judas Priest, Ozzy, and Iron Maiden form the Holy Trinity of Heavy Metal. If Ozzfest could line up Priest *and* Maiden along with Ozz (or Sabbath) I would be so happy I would shït.

Priest has had a long and distinguished career with loads of great music along the way. I don't care for the stuff with Owens - I don't even really consider that to be Priest. And Turbo pretty much sucked. But unlike many bands of that era that rode the gravy train from metalville to wuss rock city and never turned back, Priest returned to their roots (and got even heavier) after Turbo even though that album sold exceedingly well.

I really appreciate early Priest though - the complexity of the arrangements shows how they were really way ahead of their time. In my opinion, their early stuff still stands up against any modern metal (although the guitars are lacking in crunch compared to what is standard now.)

To summarize, any way you slice it, Judas Priest fücking rocks!!!

Icedfunk
01-11-2005, 07:22 AM
I just hope the new album is something like Painkiller. Been looking all over for something similar to that, the closest I got is Three inches of Blood.

dUSK
01-11-2005, 07:29 AM
I bought Judas Priest's Best Of CD today. I listened to it all night at work, and I found it pretty good. Especially considering I'd never heard any of their music before either.

Lord of Sword
01-11-2005, 08:45 AM

i live in walsall too, or just outside it, in aldridge. i never knew he was from here.

i've never listened to judas priest much, painkiller is one of my favourite songs though, with 2 of my favourite guitar solos. my parents have been to see them before, they saw them in 1979 in birmginham when maiden were supporting them. so my dad used to put them on in the car which is how i got into a lot of bands i like. the ripper is the only one i remember though, and the only others i can remember are breaking the law and another thing coming (off GTA:VC).

Brew
01-11-2005, 01:21 PM
:eek:!

I used to live in Aldridge!

msn?

Steerpike
01-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Priest are a big influence on me. The new album, though great for the fanboy in me, is sad news for my wallet, as March is going to absolutely rape my bank account.

RockerGav
01-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Which do you guys reckon would be the best album for getting into Priest?

Like, the classic Priest that everyone is always raving about, the stuff thats supposedly much heavier and thrashier than singles like Breakin The Law and Livin After Midnight.

DBoons Ghost
01-11-2005, 03:16 PM
I loved Preist for years.

To be honest, the album I always recommend to people is their live EP "Unleashed in the East".

Judas Preist is best experienced live. I also think "Sad Wings of Destiny", "Rocka Rolla" and "Point of Entry" are amazing albums too though.

I've seen them 3 or 4 times between "Defenders of the Faith" and "Turbo Lover" and even though those albums are iffy, seeing them live usuallu quells any ill informed listeners.

Seriously. Buy "Unleashed in the East". Between Ripper, Sinner, Diamonds and Rust, and the live version of Victim of Changes, you'll be shocked how amazing they are.

ThrashMaster27
01-11-2005, 03:18 PM
I wouldn't really call 'Classic' Priest Thrashy as such. Stained Class is their defining moment for me, but most people will either tell you Painkiller from what I've seen. Painkiller is probably their heaviest album to date, but I'd still pick 2 CD's over it (Stained Class, Screaming For Vengeance).

Zortalk
01-11-2005, 03:19 PM
It's a real good Live Album... I have it =D....

DBoons Ghost
01-11-2005, 03:21 PM
It's a real good Live Album... I have it =D....

Thanks for that reassurance!

I think its among the best live albums ever.

Arucard
01-11-2005, 03:24 PM
These guys totally rock, i have the live album they did in Japan and they rock live.
Love the gayness too lol.

Riva
01-11-2005, 06:07 PM
You do know Rob is actually gay, right Joe?

And, glad to see the Priest fans have come out of the woodwork at last. :)

To Gav, I would recommend either Unleashed In The East, as DBoon said; Ram It Down for a healthy dose of their classic speed metal days, or Sad Wings Of Destiny and/or Hellbent For Leather for their heavy, really kickarse days.

And yeah, Priest has never been smash. They ventured into Speed metal from Screaming For Vengeance (somewhat) through to Painkiller, and then ventured off the path a bit with Owen. It'll be interesting to see what style they return to on the new album.

ThrashMaster27
01-11-2005, 06:11 PM
You do know Rob is actually gay, right Joe?

And, glad to see the Priest fans have come out of the woodwork at last. :)

To Gav, I would recommend either Unleashed In The East, as DBoon said; Ram It Down for a healthy dose of their classic speed metal days, or Sad Wings Of Destiny and/or Hellbent For Leather for their heavy, really kickarse days.

And yeah, Priest has never been smash. They ventured into Speed metal from Screaming For Vengeance (somewhat) through to Painkiller, and then ventured off the path a bit with Owen. It'll be interesting to see what style they return to on the new album.

Maybe a mix up would be nice. Half a CD worth of Stained Class material and half of Painkiller-esque songs. I'm gonna buy the CD regardless, but it'd be nice if it's Priest back at their best and Rob Halford screaming for vengeance again.

Riva
01-11-2005, 06:28 PM
Maybe a mix up would be nice. Half a CD worth of Stained Class material and half of Painkiller-esque songs. I'm gonna buy the CD regardless, but it'd be nice if it's Priest back at their best and Rob Halford screaming for vengeance again.

Exactly my thoughts. A nice and fast speed metal song, followed by a determined, riff heavy song would go down a treat. :)

RockerGav
01-12-2005, 12:39 AM

Thanks, I'll look into those once I get a bit more money :thumb:

From what I've heard of Judas Priest, they're really good but I don't like it as much as Maiden.

Riva
01-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Well, Priest's height (back in the late seventies - eighties) were when Maiden were beginning to define NWOBHM. Hence Maiden were inspired by Judas Priest, but expanded upon the classic metal genre to become even more influential than Priest. Even though I love Priest dearly, I have to admit that I love Maiden more.

hafez
01-12-2005, 04:35 PM
the band that got me into metal. glenn tipton is an amazing guitarist and halford's vocals are ****in mindblowing

hafez
01-12-2005, 04:35 PM
Thanks, I'll look into those once I get a bit more money :thumb:

From what I've heard of Judas Priest, they're really good but I don't like it as much as Maiden.

OMFG it's rockergav. i have'nt seen you on mx since i was a tiny little noob making "greatest guitarist" threads

Riva
01-12-2005, 10:27 PM
Speaking of Halford, what song do you think has Halford's best vocals?

I'd say Hard As Iron, personally.

FateMercyfulFate
01-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Speaking of Halford, what song do you think has Halford's best vocals?

I'd say Hard As Iron, personally.

best vocals....hmm....Screaming For Vengeance or Painkiller is what i'd say...pure ball tearing heavy vocals, love em!!

Riva
01-18-2005, 12:54 AM
Well, everyone, the album's release date is drawing nigh! I'm thinking about booking a copy, but I know that sadly, it won't fly off of the shelves in my town. :)

Sonic_Immersion
01-18-2005, 01:47 AM
" You gotta another thing comin' "

Moose Inspector
01-19-2005, 04:47 AM
I'm a HUGE priest fan. Favourite album: Sad Wings of Destiny, Favourite dong: Victim of changes

Just to let you all know, 30 second samples from each track of the new album can be found here (http://www.sonymusic.co.uk/uk/disc.php?id=9014760&lang=eng&cat=519300)!

They all ****ing rock!

Riva
01-21-2005, 04:14 AM
Man, I cannot wait for the album to be released! Sad Wings Of Destiny is also an excellent album.

Dread_rocker
01-28-2005, 01:45 PM
on the official site noticeboard many people have sed they hav already downloaded the album and think its the best album!
but does it ruin it by downloading?

The Haitian
01-28-2005, 01:48 PM
i <3 judas priest. good music right there

Steerpike
02-21-2005, 07:04 AM
Only a couple more weeks until Angel of Retribution arrives. I pre-ordered it last weekend.

Riva
02-21-2005, 07:07 AM
I ordered it last week as well. Cannot wait for it to be clutched in my sweaty fanboy hands. :p

acefrehleyjendell
02-21-2005, 08:09 AM
I love preist. My favourite album would have to be 'Stained Class' but
i don't think they ever put a foot wrong with their studio efforts.

I can't wait to hear 'Angel of retribution' i hope it will be killer.
I heard that it's more of a return to the 'Painkiller' era with some
songs that wouldn't be out of place on 'British Steel' in an interveiw
i read with K.K Downing.

I sure hope they come tour out here in OZ.

Josh
02-21-2005, 12:12 PM
i have heard all guns blazing, revolution and another one was on scuzz tonight but i cant remember the name - they were all great. i could have gone and seen them a week ago but unfortunately had no cash.
anyway, theyre great :thumb: \m/

Riva
02-21-2005, 06:27 PM
You lucky man. I really do wish they would tour Aus again.

Riva
03-01-2005, 01:52 AM
So, my Judas Priest album arrives in 1 day! Can anyone else feel the excitement in the air?

Have any of you lucky Europeans/Americans gotten it yet?

slave2thegrind
03-01-2005, 03:39 AM
I got a copy of "Angel of Retribution" off the internet about a week ago. It's pretty good but it's no "British Steel" or "Hell Bent for Leather."

Josh
03-01-2005, 04:27 AM
i got it wrong - the gig is actually this month. still cant afford it though :upset:

kas_ofi
03-01-2005, 07:23 AM
I bought it yesterday and ive listened it about 10-12 times.
I must say that i am not very excited about it. Screaming for vengeance, painkiller are by far superior. This album is "just another Judas Priest record". It has some cool songs but not many. Its not really creative.
Favourite songs: "Deal with the devil", "Hellrider" and "Angel"
Most ordinary song: "Worth fighting for"
Out of 5 i would give it a 3.

Steerpike
03-01-2005, 07:42 AM
I'm picking mine up this weekend.

coolidgeALL
03-01-2005, 07:48 AM
They rock, that is all.

kas_ofi
03-01-2005, 09:51 AM
I'm picking mine up this weekend.
I dont want to change your opinion but i believe that you try first listen to it and then decide to buy it or not. The best thing from the record (in my opinion of course) is the bonus dvd which features 7 classic Priest tunes. Medium album overall. Just my thoughts... Waiting for yours when listening it.

Dread_rocker
03-01-2005, 11:03 AM
I got it yesterday and its absolutely awesome I cant believe you think the dvd is the best bit. The album is mind blowing.

Going to see them in later this month in their hometown!!

Steerpike
03-01-2005, 11:08 AM
I dont want to change your opinion but i believe that you try first listen to it and then decide to buy it or not. The best thing from the record (in my opinion of course) is the bonus dvd which features 7 classic Priest tunes. Medium album overall. Just my thoughts... Waiting for yours when listening it.

I pre-ordered it. I don't really have a choice.

Either way, I'm the obsessive type who has to own everything affiliated with his hobby. Which is unfortunate considering how many bands I listen to, and how gaping the holes in my CD collection are thus far.

Dread_rocker
03-01-2005, 11:19 AM
What's everyones favourite song on the AOR?
Mine is either Wheels Of Fire or Judas Rising

kas_ofi
03-01-2005, 12:18 PM
mine are: "Deal with the devil", "Hellrider" and "Angel"

Brew
03-01-2005, 01:43 PM
I got it yesterday, its pretty good.

I quite like Lochness aswell, even if Classic Rock ripped them a few new holes in their review of the album about it.

The DVD is pretty darn groovey aswell.

4/5.

Six Foot Revolver
03-01-2005, 02:57 PM
that and the new mars volta album are my next purchases

Riva
03-01-2005, 03:49 PM
I'm heading into town this afternoon to pick up my pre-order. I must admit you guys took a bit of the shine off of it... :p

RCA
03-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Got mine today, "Deal With The Devil" is easily my favorite track on there. I really like this album, I think it's great. :thumb:

I did a review for this album, it's on the review site. Check it out!

drummerman
03-01-2005, 04:13 PM
Great band. I've got Screaming for a Vengeance on vinyl.

hafez
03-01-2005, 04:17 PM
excellent band. i grew up with their music and glenn tipton was probably my biggest inspiration for playing guitar

Hammerheart
03-01-2005, 04:20 PM
Got the new JP this morning, it's good.

Deal with the Devil is a great song.

doyle7von7frankenstein7
03-01-2005, 04:28 PM
why does the new priest single sound so familiar

Deth
03-04-2005, 05:28 PM
I've only heard five of the tracks, but I like them all and will be picking up the album, although it's not at the top of my list.

Favorite track: Judas Rising

Riva
03-06-2005, 11:35 PM
I just picked up the album, and I have to say, while it is no Ram It Down, Sad Wings Of Destiny or Painkiller, it is a top-notch album. My favourite song is Deal With The Devil, but I thought Wheels Of Fire was a bit weak.

Steerpike
03-07-2005, 12:01 AM
I still don't have it. And to top it off, the store won't get it in until I'm out of town on spring break. Bastards.

Apocalyptic Raids
03-07-2005, 04:40 AM
Whats on the dvd that comes with AOR?

Dread_rocker
03-07-2005, 10:48 AM
Whats on the dvd that comes with AOR?
theres a documentary about them reuniting and the new album and theres these songs from diffrent shows last year:

1. Breaking The Law
2. Metal Gods
3. A Touch Of Evil
4. Hell Bent For Leather
5. The Hellion / Electric Eye
6. Diamonds And Rust
7. Living After Midnight

Brew
03-07-2005, 12:08 PM
Rob Halford has the same accent as my uncle.

/random

Deth
03-07-2005, 02:42 PM
Anyone planning on seeing Priest on their tour?

/praying they come anywhere near me.

Riva
03-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Anyone planning on seeing Priest on their tour?

/praying they come anywhere near me.

I wish they would come to Aus. :(

ToRidTheDisease
03-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Wow, this CD is amazing. Best Priest cd ever IMO.

I hate the dualdisc **** though, it won't play in anything other than my stereo.

DemonicRubberDucky
03-07-2005, 05:12 PM
I feel sorry for Judas, he had a screwed up childhood if there ever was one.

Riva
03-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Wow, this CD is amazing. Best Priest cd ever IMO.

I hate the dualdisc **** though, it won't play in anything other than my stereo.

It plays on my computer fine. :confused:

I feel sorry for Judas, he had a screwed up childhood if there ever was one.

Right. I don't know what you mean.

"5150"
03-08-2005, 03:38 PM
I know this question maybe strictly for the music recommendation thread, but when i've asked for recommendations in there, i've never got any replies. Anyway, can anyone recommend me a really good Judas Priest album?

JACKROXYOU
03-08-2005, 03:51 PM
"Living after midnight" cd 16 great songs plus 3 or 4 live ones

Riva
03-08-2005, 04:17 PM
I know this question maybe strictly for the music recommendation thread, but when i've asked for recommendations in there, i've never got any replies. Anyway, can anyone recommend me a really good Judas Priest album?

Living After Midnight is a good one, as it is the greatest hits, up to Painkiller.

My personal favourites are Hellbent For Leather, Painkiller, and Ram It Down. You could also try Screaming For Vengeance, Sad Wings Of Destiny, or British Steel.

RCA
03-08-2005, 04:49 PM

Unleashed In The East
Sad Wings of Destiny
Stained Class
Painkiller

Although you can't go wrong with any of them, I'd recommend getting Unleashed first.

Deth
03-09-2005, 07:24 PM
I would say Screaming for Vengence or Unleashed in the East. I'm not a big fan of Living After Midnight though.

Riva
03-09-2005, 09:07 PM
I would say Screaming for Vengence or Unleashed in the East. I'm not a big fan of Living After Midnight though.

Well, I think Living After Midnight is a good example of older Priest, though it has a fair few Painkiller tracks as well, some of which probably shouldn't have made it...

willis2441
03-09-2005, 09:39 PM
metal gods is a good song

Huber
03-09-2005, 09:52 PM
I'm waiting for my Angel Of Retribution to come in the mail any time. Can't wait. Highly anticipating it.

Riva
03-09-2005, 09:57 PM
I'm waiting for my Angel Of Retribution to come in the mail any time. Can't wait. Highly anticipating it.

You'll love it.

ThrashMaster27
03-09-2005, 10:20 PM
I bought Angel of Retribution today and just my luck they had none left with the DVD in. Bastards! Anyway, I'm gonna crank it in a tick, but I'm just busy listening to Mental Vortex by Coroner at the moment.

thelittledrummerboy
03-11-2005, 02:46 AM
Whats the new album like.Or should i say what is Judas Priest like. Do they sound like the New wave of British heavy metal? Can you feel a presence of Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath in their music. I'm keen to find out.

Po0osH
03-11-2005, 02:51 AM
You can listen on VH1.com i think.

Riva
03-11-2005, 02:59 AM
Whats the new album like.Or should i say what is Judas Priest like. Do they sound like the New wave of British heavy metal? Can you feel a presence of Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath in their music. I'm keen to find out.

It's more like Painkiller than Sad Wings Of Destiny. It's good some good riffs, and Halford sounds like he never left Priest. It's a really good listen.

acefrehleyjendell
03-11-2005, 10:55 AM
my local cd shop still hasnt got the new preist album yet.
Wankers.

i've heard a couple of tracks on the radio though, Judas Rising and i think another one.

oh well, guess it's all stained class and painkiller(s) till next week.

kas_ofi
03-11-2005, 02:30 PM
It's more like Painkiller than Sad Wings Of Destiny. It's good some good riffs, and Halford sounds like he never left Priest. It's a really good listen.
just a really good listen... unfortunately nothing special... :mad:

Six Foot Revolver
03-11-2005, 02:31 PM
It was alot better than I thought it would be

Riva
03-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Yes, they seem to have avoided the pitfalls of nu-metal. Up the Priest!

JACKROXYOU
03-13-2005, 04:50 PM
so get the new cd?

Riva
03-13-2005, 04:52 PM
Yes. It's not as good as the classics, but it's a great listen.

ToRidTheDisease
03-13-2005, 04:55 PM
Cradle of Filth
Is ****ty.

coolidgeALL
03-13-2005, 05:01 PM
*wear ear plugs if you see them live, loud as hell

JACKROXYOU
03-13-2005, 05:02 PM
na i saw they weren't ear splitting loud

pigonthewing82
03-13-2005, 06:06 PM
Yea I think Sabbath was louder at Ozz Fest

Riva
03-13-2005, 11:38 PM
Why would you wear ear plugs? It doesn't matter how loud it is, it matters about the music and the atmosphere when you play. However, you guys in the US are lucky as hell to have Sabbath and Priest playing near you. I would love for them to come down under. And besides, Manowar are the loudest band anyway.

ToRidTheDisease
03-14-2005, 12:06 AM
Can anyone send me AOR? Mine won't play in any CD players.

Riva
03-14-2005, 01:06 AM

I'll think about uploading it tomorrow.

ToRidTheDisease
03-14-2005, 01:09 AM
I'll think about uploading it tomorrow.
Awesome.

Riva
03-15-2005, 03:36 PM
My **** browser is playing up with yousendit links. Maybe another time. :-/

ToRidTheDisease
03-15-2005, 04:17 PM
You could try hosting in on http://www.uploadhut.com . The file may be too big, so it would have to be uploaded in 2 parts.

pigonthewing82
03-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Why would you wear ear plugs? It doesn't matter how loud it is, it matters about the music and the atmosphere when you play. However, you guys in the US are lucky as hell to have Sabbath and Priest playing near you. I would love for them to come down under. And besides, Manowar are the loudest band anyway.

Yea hows this for luck, since CT was the first stop for Ozz fest last year, unless I'm wrong I think I was in the audiance for the first show Preist did together again :)

Riva
03-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Yeah, you Americans and Europeans always rub that fact in my face. :upset:

So, I think that Painkiller or Hard As Iron have the best intros of any Judas Priest song. Thoughts?

JACKROXYOU
03-17-2005, 03:32 PM
metal meltdown

or ramit down are the greatest intros in my book

Riva
03-17-2005, 03:44 PM
I dunno, for me Ram It Down's intro pales compared to the rest of the song, including the solo.

JACKROXYOU
03-17-2005, 03:51 PM
yea agreed but metal meltdown has a crazy intro and is a kickass song after it

ThrashMaster27
03-17-2005, 03:55 PM
If The Hellion could be counted as an intro to Electric Eye then I'd choose that. But another vote for Metal Meltdown with it's crazy intro solo.

Riva
03-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Yes, Metal Meltdown is also good. And on Living After Midnight, which I got as a Christmas present ages ago, Electric Eye and The Hellion are the same song.

ThrashMaster27
03-17-2005, 04:02 PM
Haha, they really should have just had them lodged together from the start. Anyway, great intro it is. Builds up a nice atmosphere.

You aren't the only one that lives here in Australia either. What's worse for me is that I'm English and so many amazing bands are popping up playing in England at the moment. It's so annoying!

Riva
03-17-2005, 04:18 PM
Hehe, what part of Aus are you from?

ThrashMaster27
03-17-2005, 04:23 PM
Good old 4 seasons in a day Melbourne.

Riva
03-17-2005, 04:25 PM
Hehe, I'm at the opposite end of the country. Good old hot and steamy Cairns.

My mate goes to Monash in Melbourne. You are also lucky, because if Priest tours down under, Melbourne is a guaranteed spot.

JACKROXYOU
03-17-2005, 04:29 PM
yea they palyed in texas they rocked

Deth
03-17-2005, 06:43 PM
Yes, Metal Meltdown is also good. And on Living After Midnight, which I got as a Christmas present ages ago, Electric Eye and The Hellion are the same song.

I have living after midnight and their seperate. Weird...

Deth
03-17-2005, 07:22 PM
hahaha, check this out:

http://www.salfordadvertiser.co.uk/ContentResources/C_18_Articles_13447_Body_Web_ArticleBlock_0_Image. jpg

Steerpike
03-17-2005, 07:26 PM

A part of me will never be back. A part of me is gone forever...

Tazu
03-17-2005, 07:38 PM
my fav. priest song is electiric eye... i saw them live amazing

Brew
03-19-2005, 04:04 AM
bump for seeing the Priest tonight!

The true Metal Gods are returning to Brum tonight, w00t!

Six Foot Revolver
03-19-2005, 04:07 AM
bump for seeing the Priest tonight!

The true Metal Gods are returning to Brum tonight, w00t!
is jealous :upset:

Riva
03-19-2005, 07:03 AM
/me is truely jealous of Brum.

:emo:

Make sure you tell us what it was like.

Brew
03-20-2005, 10:30 AM
It ruled :cool:

The Scorpions were spot on with getting their sound right - you could hear everything.

Whereas with Priest they just whacked it all up to full and Rob's vocals got lost in the mix...you could kinda hear him.

Priest setlist (well...what I can remember that they played)

The Hellion/Electric Eye
Metal Gods
Judas Rising
Breaking the Law
Deal with the Devil
Diamonds and Rust (acoustic version off the dvd from the new album)
Revolution
Turbo Lover
Painkiller
Hellrider
I'm A Rocker
Hell Bent For Leather
You've Got Another Thing Coming
Living After Midnight

They played some more, but it was a great set. The new songs sounded amazing.

Halford had a crazy effect on his vocals, every time he screamed it was distorted and echoed alot.

Amazing.

coolidgeALL
03-20-2005, 10:54 AM
lucky bastard

Brew
03-20-2005, 10:56 AM
Cheers :)

JACKROXYOU
03-20-2005, 06:55 PM
It ruled :cool:

The Scorpions were spot on with getting their sound right - you could hear everything.

Whereas with Priest they just whacked it all up to full and Rob's vocals got lost in the mix...you could kinda hear him.

Priest setlist (well...what I can remember that they played)

The Hellion/Electric Eye
Metal Gods
Judas Rising
Breaking the Law
Deal with the Devil
Diamonds and Rust (acoustic version off the dvd from the new album)
Revolution
Turbo Lover
Painkiller
Hellrider
I'm A Rocker
Hell Bent For Leather
You've Got Another Thing Coming
Living After Midnight

They played some more, but it was a great set. The new songs sounded amazing.

Halford had a crazy effect on his vocals, every time he screamed it was distorted and echoed alot.

Amazing.

nice

Deth
03-21-2005, 09:40 AM
I'm still waiting for the US dates.

Brew
03-21-2005, 01:35 PM
They played the US last year...

ToRidTheDisease
03-21-2005, 02:16 PM

Bumped for hope someone will help a fellow Priest fan.

Brew
03-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Why won't it play in any cd players....?

ToRidTheDisease
03-21-2005, 02:43 PM
I have the dual disc one, and nothing will play it other than my stereo.

Brew
03-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Hmm...crazy.

douche bag lollipop
03-22-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm a HUGE priest fan. Favourite album: Sad Wings of Destiny, Favourite dong: Victim of changes

Just to let you all know, 30 second samples from each track of the new album can be found here (http://www.sonymusic.co.uk/uk/disc.php?id=9014760&lang=eng&cat=519300)!

They all ****ing rock!

That "dong" typo is classic with the context of the band. Anyway, I love JP and I dearly hope they play here in San Francisco soon. BTW, what's up with AOR not playing in CD players? If it's this bad, something needs to be done to rectify the situation. Also, of those who've heard the album what do you think?

pigonthewing82
03-22-2005, 09:09 PM
Did Judas Priest get their name from the Bob Dylan song "The Ballad of Frankie Lee and Judas Priest?

Arm_the_Homeless88
03-22-2005, 11:19 PM
my fav album would have to be screamin for vengeance...awesome

Riva
03-23-2005, 01:05 AM
Judas Priest did get their name from the Bob Dylan song, and the reason some Angel Of Retribution CDs don't play in anything but certain stereos, is because it is a dual-disc. However, I got the seperate discs, so I can play the songs on my computer if I wish. :)

Deth
03-31-2005, 07:42 AM
Bump. US tour dates announced. Who's going?

June 23 for me.

Squirellmeister
03-31-2005, 02:06 PM
I saw them last night in Cardiff. It was awesome. The Scorpians were really good too but just couldnt compare to priest.

"5150"
03-31-2005, 03:02 PM
From what i've heard of Priest, I think they're amazing.

Six Foot Revolver
03-31-2005, 03:55 PM
They filmed the show that you went to Lord Brummington. Rob said they may be releasing it on DVD

We also filmed the show,perhaps for a DVD release

GenuineImitation
03-31-2005, 04:46 PM
I saw them last night in Cardiff. It was awesome. The Scorpians were really good too but just couldnt compare to priest.

Lucky

GenuineImitation
03-31-2005, 04:47 PM
Does anyone when Priest are coming to the New York area?

JACKROXYOU
03-31-2005, 06:37 PM
priest not with ozzfest correct?

Deth
03-31-2005, 07:04 PM
Correct, they were on Ozzfest last year.

New York dates seem to be the end of April.

JACKROXYOU
03-31-2005, 07:45 PM
well that sucks especially since iron maiden jumped ship

Rrrrrrr
03-31-2005, 08:15 PM
How come no one here has mentioned anything about Defenders of the Faith? That album is second only to Painkiller in my opinion.
The Sentinel is such a kickass song :D

Riva
04-01-2005, 01:40 AM
Defenders Of The Faith is probably my fourth/fifth favourite album.

Sentinel is a really awesome song, yes.

Deth
04-01-2005, 07:45 AM
I don't find it as strong as the others. The Sentinel rules.

Brew
04-01-2005, 08:08 AM
They filmed the show that you went to Lord Brummington. Rob said they may be releasing it on DVD

They had screens up, but I didn't know they were recording!

:cool:

Six Foot Revolver
04-01-2005, 08:10 AM
They had screens up, but I didn't know they were recording!

:cool:
Yours was the only show with the screens and the pyro

Brew
04-01-2005, 08:14 AM
From where I was standing (about...20rows away from the stage) the pyro was bloody hot, I felt sorry for the people in the front few rows, they must have lost some of their eyebrows.

Deth
04-01-2005, 08:24 AM
Thatll teach them for having a good time at a concert.

Brew
04-01-2005, 08:29 AM
Hehe.

I doubt it'll phase most of them, alot of the people there were balding old men, I was one of the youngest in attendance.

I'm 17.

Deth
04-01-2005, 08:31 AM
I'm going June 23, and I'm 16 and I'm sure I'll be the only one under 30 there.

Brew
04-01-2005, 08:37 AM
You probably will be.

There were some kids there aged between 8 and 11 with their Dads, but most of the crowd was aged 25+.

I was with my Dad and Uncle, my old man's 44 and my Uncle is about 37, it was fun.

Oh yeh - the old dudes have a habbit of going a bit nuts, their headbanging is funny to watch.

Deth
04-01-2005, 08:39 AM
Probably be the same with me. None of my friends listen to Priest.

Brew
04-01-2005, 08:46 AM
Same here, they all think its crap music or they only know of Breaking the Law, which I call Raking the Lawn, for fun.

No-one knows of The Scorpions either at my school :(

Deth
04-01-2005, 08:52 AM
Queensryche is opening over here which is pretty cool. I would prefer the Scorpions though.

Raking the Lawn, that's awesome.

jaco jr
04-01-2005, 08:58 AM
well i saw Judas Priest in Plymouth last night (31st) - with Scorpions opening who in my opinion every song was the same
and apart from ian hill the bassist - i thought JP kicked so much
they rocked the place out - when KK came to the front where we were (which he did regularly) i was a couple of rows of people back and people were lening so much to touch him i could get within 6 inches of him from a few rows back - they really got the crowd working well

Deth
04-01-2005, 08:59 AM
Ian Hill is just like a statue. He's boring.

jaco jr
04-01-2005, 09:00 AM
Same here, they all think its crap music or they only know of Breaking the Law, which I call Raking the Lawn, for fun.

No-one knows of The Scorpions either at my school :(
why is that a bad thing - every song was the same apart from one - the singer was out of tune - he was playing a tambourine without a drum bit that wasnt hooked up to a mic - you couldnt hear what the bass was playing - it was just notes that all felt like rythmic thumps - the fat drummer kept taking off his top - the guitarists had 2 tricks - but they did have a feeling of chemistry - they looked liek they enjoyed it - even if we didnt

jaco jr
04-01-2005, 09:01 AM
Ian Hill is just like a statue. He's boring.
apparently he kicked at Sheffield - i think hed liek had an argument with the band before the show - they took no notice of him - and he didnt notice them - although he seemed happy enough - rooted to the spot - playing along his part

Brew
04-01-2005, 09:08 AM
why is that a bad thing - every song was the same apart from one - the singer was out of tune - he was playing a tambourine without a drum bit that wasnt hooked up to a mic - you couldnt hear what the bass was playing - it was just notes that all felt like rythmic thumps - the fat drummer kept taking off his top - the guitarists had 2 tricks - but they did have a feeling of chemistry - they looked liek they enjoyed it - even if we didnt

They were perfect at the Brum gig - sound was spot on. The only crappy things were his odd tambourine playing and the drummer not being able to catch his sticks after throwing them up in the air.

Seeing as they've been going for longer than Priest (I think), they did a great job.

With Priest you could hardly hear what Halford was singing, they had everything else up too much and it was kinda meh.

Edit: Its excuseable though, the NEC is a horrible venue.

jaco jr
04-01-2005, 09:09 AM
They were perfect at the Brum gig - sound was spot on. The only crappy things were his odd tambourine playing and the drummer not being able to catch his sticks after throwing them up in the air.

Seeing as they've been going for longer than Priest (I think), they did a great job.

With Priest you could hardly hear what Halford was singing, they had everything else up too much and it was kinda meh.
priest had it perfectly at plymotuh - everything was the right volume - but the bass was too vague - i could tell he was playing form the floor shaking - but i couldnt tell what he was playing

Brew
04-01-2005, 09:11 AM
The bass in Priest's songs is nothing special anyway - it just helps keep the rhythm of the songs together.

The intro to Revolution was good though.

jaco jr
04-01-2005, 09:18 AM
The bass in Priest's songs is nothing special anyway - it just helps keep the rhythm of the songs together.

The intro to Revolution was good though.
that was where he had the two bars of bass intro on his own yeh?
i thought that was ok - still fuzzy - is shout at the sound man if that was my sound

CaptainWaits
04-01-2005, 10:28 AM
My borther recently purchased "Angel fo Retribution". I enjoy the first two tracks, but from there, it goes far downhill.

Six Foot Revolver
04-01-2005, 10:53 AM
My borther recently purchased "Angel fo Retribution". I enjoy the first two tracks, but from there, it goes far downhill.
I thought it was a very good album from start to finish

jaco jr
04-01-2005, 11:19 AM
I thought it was a very good album from start to finish
they changed the backdrop depdning on what album the song was from - i enoyed everything they played - there was a really mellow song that made this one dimebag lookalike cry - it was quite soulful i guess - they played with those electro acosutcis still on the stands

Stevie
04-01-2005, 11:24 AM
I've got two albums, British Steel and Painkiller. I can't trust buying any more. British Steel was average at best, incredebly overrated and just poor. Painkiller was good. Any recommendations as to where I should go from there?

jaco jr
04-01-2005, 11:29 AM
I've got two albums, British Steel and Painkiller. I can't trust buying any more. British Steel was average at best, incredebly overrated and just poor. Painkiller was good. Any recommendations as to where I should go from there?
angel of retribution

Six Foot Revolver
04-01-2005, 11:31 AM
I was talking about there new album :p

Deth
04-01-2005, 12:51 PM

I would say Screaming for Vengence or Unleashed in the East.

And yes, British Steel is very, very overrated.

Brew
04-01-2005, 12:54 PM
they changed the backdrop depdning on what album the song was from - i enoyed everything they played - there was a really mellow song that made this one dimebag lookalike cry - it was quite soulful i guess - they played with those electro acosutcis still on the stands

That was Diamonds and Rust, its possibly the best version of the song I've ever heard.

Edit: Sin After Sin is a good album to get.

Stevie
04-01-2005, 12:57 PM
THank yous

Deth
04-01-2005, 12:58 PM
What's with the swasktiska?

Riva
04-02-2005, 04:59 AM
Stevie, go for Stained Class, Sad Wings Of Destiny, Ram It Down, and Sin After Sin.

jaco jr
04-02-2005, 09:01 AM
Stevie, go for Stained Class, Sad Wings Of Destiny, Ram It Down, and Sin After Sin.
can you believe they didnt play ram it down?

Stevie
04-02-2005, 09:02 AM

Six Foot Revolver
04-02-2005, 10:43 AM
:eek: Stevie is really Hitler in disguise!!!

shamed-angel
04-02-2005, 10:47 AM
That was angel from Angel of Retribution actually. I was in Cardiff and I saw them. It was awesome.

RIP Dime
04-02-2005, 11:02 AM
i think the best priest album is Painkiller. a touch of evil is a great song.

Stevie
04-02-2005, 11:12 AM
:eek: Stevie is really Hitler in disguise!!!

* Shaves moustache *

My, you've built your post count quickly.

Brew
04-02-2005, 12:23 PM
That was angel from Angel of Retribution actually. I was in Cardiff and I saw them. It was awesome.

The back-drops I remember them having were The Angel of Retribution, The Electric Eye and the Judas Priest logo with United written underneath it.

Squirellmeister
04-02-2005, 01:10 PM
Im really annoyed they didnt play Ram It Down. Shouldve played that last instead of You got another Thing Coming. Also How can you call Ian Hill a statue? :confused: Hes more liek one of those bird things. Up and Down Up and Down. Wooo occasionally he kinda gets mad at his bass. The only way I knew show was ending was cuz Ian Hill did something other than go up and down.

(Hes boring yea, but not a statue.)

jaco jr
04-03-2005, 03:09 AM
Im really annoyed they didnt play Ram It Down. Shouldve played that last instead of You got another Thing Coming. Also How can you call Ian Hill a statue? :confused: Hes more liek one of those bird things. Up and Down Up and Down. Wooo occasionally he kinda gets mad at his bass. The only way I knew show was ending was cuz Ian Hill did something other than go up and down.

(Hes boring yea, but not a statue.)
he did nothing at plymouth - he rocked out a little bit - but only on the spot, not round stage - andi think they should have palyed ram it down but not instead of another thing comin - that song got the crowd goin so well

Riva
04-03-2005, 03:12 AM
Another Thing Coming is arguably Priest's most famous, and most succesful song. It makes sense that they would play that. Ram It Down still should have been played though.

Arm_the_Homeless88
04-03-2005, 03:15 AM
Another Thing Coming is arguably Priest's most famous, and most succesful song. It makes sense that they would play that. Ram It Down still should have been played though.

i reckon electric eye is the best song on that album, then another thing coming

jaco jr
04-03-2005, 03:16 AM
i reckon electric eye is the best song on that album, then another thing coming
they opened with electric eye - a good choice methinks

Squirellmeister
04-03-2005, 05:05 AM
I didnt mean not play ANother Thing Coming, Just that Ram it Down Last and put ATC soem where in the middle of the set.

kas_ofi
04-03-2005, 07:09 AM
I believe that the most famous priest song is Breaking the Law... Everyone knows that...

shamed-angel
04-03-2005, 07:22 AM
The back-drops I remember them having were The Angel of Retribution, The Electric Eye and the Judas Priest logo with United written underneath it.
Yeh I'm sure that was all. What was the song where Halford came on on the Bike? Was it Hell Bent For Leather? I really cant remember but I'm sure that had a different backdrop actually.

What do you think of Lochness guys? Cause Ive heard it slated a number of times but I really like it. Just wanted an opinion.

Brew
04-03-2005, 07:58 AM
^He came out on the bike for Hell Bent For Leather.

I quite like Lochness, I don't see why all the media/press have slammed it into the ground.

Six Foot Revolver
04-03-2005, 08:01 AM
I thought lochess was a really good song