PDA

View Full Version : magical spray

BassMan182
11-23-2004, 03:35 AM
i just watched a live maroon 5 vid from sessions (aol) and at the end, adam levine uses this spray and says it's what enables him to sing. i've heard of things like this that help with vocals, can anybody shed any more light on it? cheers

Levitate
11-23-2004, 11:54 PM
www.thayers.com

http://a2zvocalhealth.com/

someone please let me know if they like any of this stuff ^

Merkaba
11-24-2004, 02:37 AM
Unless youre inhaling it i just wouldnt go for it. I mean if you have a dry mouth...then that can definitely be irritating and might take your mind away from what youre doing. But the site is basically downplaying water and how it takes time to digest to get to the cords. I would say X the thayers. I've tried them, but only because i saw them at my health food store when i had a cold. I didnt know singers used them until i looked later on the box and it said it was used by opera singers since like a billion year ago. So then i started to see how they affected my voice. Nothing , as i would expect. But i did eat them up just because i happened to not mind their chalky taste and enjoyed th cherry and orange flavors. I dont know about the other stuff. I mean anything you put in your mouth doesnt touch your cords. Unless its a mist. I dont thiink these are meant to be inhaled, but swallowed rather. Thusly i just dont see it having an impact on your cords. And would you really want something that would have any affect to or near your cords. ????

Levitate
11-25-2004, 12:37 PM
I have lots of thayers losenges. They help relieve temporary pain (I have pain from my throat, not my vocal folds)

I don't know how any of the sprays hit the vocal folds at all, after all, water does not hit the folds either. I don't know what the sprays are for either personally. I would have to try them to make any sort of judgement...

I think singers use the sprays if water is not near by...

anyone try them? (lol, probably not... :) )

BassMan182
11-25-2004, 07:07 PM
i'm actually suprised that they are so un-used. surely anything claiming to help the vocals and used by pro singers has been tried by somebody on here!

Vitriolic Rage
11-27-2004, 06:04 AM
If you're doing growls/screams, taking stuff like numbing lozenges are bad, because you can't feel if you're damaging your vocal chords. I have a few cherry Tunes before I start doing vocals, they aren't numbing, they make your mouth water a bit more, and that really does help: more saliva.
Drink water too, ignore bands that think they are cool saying "Oh, I go through a bottle of vodka, really helps my vocals", no, it doesn't.

Levitate
11-27-2004, 01:29 PM
i'm actually suprised that they are so un-used. surely anything claiming to help the vocals and used by pro singers has been tried by somebody on here!

I am thinking of trying them.

Entertainer's Secret Throat Spray - 3 Pack with Belt Clip $12.87 Ships in 1-2 weeks.

http://www.thecentralspot.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ESTR3&Category_Code=&Store_Code=AI

If I get it, I will let you know...

BassMan182
11-27-2004, 02:39 PM
cheers. i'l get one when i have some money, might as well give it a go.